PDA

View Full Version : The most effective exercises for conditioning and definition?

NJC_Manhattan
04-15-09, 5:06 pm
Let's hear 'em!

DreamZero
04-15-09, 5:59 pm
snatch, sled push, front squat

NJC_Manhattan
04-15-09, 11:34 pm
I'd probably go with...

Bench, Clean, Squat, Dip

eric downey
04-16-09, 12:03 am
no execercise. good diet and lots of GPP. look it up

boar
04-16-09, 12:07 am
You can not say that one exercise is better then another in any aspect of either conditioning, strength, mass gaining, etc. If there was that one exercise than what would be the point of doing anything else? A good training split mixed with heavy lifting, conditioning, and diet is the best way to achieve any goal.

Tron
04-16-09, 5:00 am
no execercise. good diet and lots of GPP. look it up

Period. Conditioning and Definition aren't produced through spot reduction.

sodapop
04-16-09, 8:02 am
Conditioning for what exactly?

NJC_Manhattan
04-20-09, 5:18 pm
Conditioning for what exactly?

Like getting that thin skin, bulging muscle look.

shizz702
04-20-09, 5:21 pm
Diet and cardio bro. I'd have to say sled work would make good for the cardio.

h 3 L L b 0 y
04-20-09, 6:07 pm
Like getting that thin skin, bulging muscle look.

Thin skin? You mean a very low bodyfat %? Diet is key i would've thought rather than specific exercises.

Ir0nClad
04-20-09, 6:50 pm
You can not say that one exercise is better then another in any aspect of either conditioning, strength, mass gaining, etc. If there was that one exercise than what would be the point of doing anything else? A good training split mixed with heavy lifting, conditioning, and diet is the best way to achieve any goal.

"There is simply no other exercise, and certainly no machine, that produces the level of central nervous system activity, improved balance and coordination, skeletal loading and bone density enhancement, muscular stimulation and growth, connective tissue stress and strength, psychological demand and toughness, and overall systemic conditioning than the correctly performed full squat. " - Mark Rippetoe

I'm sorry but saying that there isn't one exercise that is better then another in any aspect of either conditioning, strength, and mass gaining is a completely false statement.

mritter3
04-20-09, 6:52 pm
diet and high intensity training always, lots of drop sets anything to shock the system is great for conditioning.

boar
04-20-09, 11:43 pm
"There is simply no other exercise, and certainly no machine, that produces the level of central nervous system activity, improved balance and coordination, skeletal loading and bone density enhancement, muscular stimulation and growth, connective tissue stress and strength, psychological demand and toughness, and overall systemic conditioning than the correctly performed full squat. " - Mark Rippetoe

I'm sorry but saying that there isn't one exercise that is better then another in any aspect of either conditioning, strength, and mass gaining is a completely false statement.

Bro this is a philosophical arguement do not accuse me of being false. Come on dude.

boar
04-21-09, 12:28 am

Also get up to 200lbs bw, get your powerlifting totals up, and get some more experience lifting before you accuse a veteran of being false. Thats not how you should conduct yourself.

You could have just posted in my opinion I think the squat is the best exercise for reasons A,B, and C. You did not have to call me out bro.

NJC_Manhattan
04-21-09, 4:05 pm
Fellas, fellas, just wanted to get everyone's OPINIONS. Meaning no one is right or wrong.

live2lift
04-21-09, 4:24 pm
Diet and cardio bro. I'd have to say sled work would make good for the cardio.

X2...diet and cardio are key.