PDA

View Full Version : Bradly Castleberry...Holy S%$#

Mizzarler
04-15-09, 8:14 pm
Found this guys vids and he is straight beastin'...
Some say its fake and i'm starting to agree w/them..what do you guys think? If it is real...this guy is crazy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ22bl7w998

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAZXU01-9GA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NneSdmuKo08&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpSszzz4WjY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdVccEioEZ4&feature=channel_page

thats just some of his vids theres more on his main channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/760BRADLY

Mizzarler
04-16-09, 12:40 am
really? no one..?? thanks guys...LOL

rocky36
04-16-09, 12:48 am
fake

Tron
04-16-09, 5:13 am
fake

x2... The bar doesn't even bend in most of these vids....

AFTazz06
04-16-09, 11:25 am
Styrofoam weights

ghost
04-16-09, 11:43 am
interesting....

C.Coronato
04-16-09, 11:47 am
Im confused as to why everyone thinks its fake .. ? Hes not a small dude ..

ghost
04-16-09, 11:50 am

i agree, and there are bars that wont bend before 900+ lbs. -shrug.
i just find it interesting. cool videos.

Young&Hungry
04-16-09, 12:01 pm
The only reason I think this is fake is because it's shot in a commercial gym. If you've never used a quality powerlifting bar before you won't be able to tell the difference, but 99% of commercial gyms use crappy 45 pound 1500 test bars which are notorious for having a huge bend on heavy weights and sometimes even snapping in two. Most bars that stay totally straight at such a weight like 765 weigh between 50-65 pounds alone. Let's say he's using a good bar but it could only possibly weigh 45 pounds due to the weight distribution shown in the video - at 45 pounds plus an additional 720 pounds there would still be a noticible bend in the bar. If he's using a regular bar like I suspect the shit should literally be wrapped around his shoulders and have a whip so strong at the top it should almost knock him over.

So if he was using a quality bar, the weight wouldn't be 8 plates a side. The bars at my commercial gym have a noticible bend at 405 and it becomes much more obvious at 500+. I've seen a guy do legitimate shrugs with 905 on a commercial gym bar and the bar was whipping so bad, it looked like a tidal wave and was basically ready to break.

I think this is just another Greg Kovach case. He was an absolutely inhumanly massive bodybuilder back in the 90's and was claiming ridiculous numbers like 700+ ATG squats for reps, 495 behind the neck presses for reps and whatnot. Ed Coan, when he was in his prime, publically asked to work out with him one day because he was arguably the strongest powerlifter to ever walk the face of the planet and even these numbers were beyond him. Of course Greg came up with a bunch of bullshit excuses why he couldn't and was never heard from again. Turns out he was using fake weights and only had big numbers on the Smith and Hammer Strength machines.

The Valentin Dikul video is a LOT more convincing than this but still very suspect to criticism. The only way to establish these as true fact is that these guys need to stop being commercial gym warrior cowards and step into the limelight if they want to be accepted as real. They either need to train at a legitimate powerlifting gym with guys who would kick their ass if they tried to come across as stronger than they were, or do a nationally sanctioned meet and put up some weight.

C.Coronato
04-16-09, 12:03 pm
Ya im not disagreeing with anyone i was JW. Thanks for the input !

Tron
04-16-09, 1:55 pm
Watch other videos of his... The metal doesn't even sound right when he brings it down from a deadlift... I've watched his vids on youtube.

And what's with the pose at the end? He didn't do anything to flex in a most-muscular pose....

AFTazz06
04-16-09, 2:30 pm
Watch other videos of his... The metal doesn't even sound right when he brings it down from a deadlift... I've watched his vids on youtube.

And what's with the pose at the end? He didn't do anything to flex in a most-muscular pose....

The pose is what bothered me, this guy obviously thinks he's high and mighty. I dont take too kindly to people like that.

AFTazz06
04-16-09, 2:31 pm

He's not a big dude either...

IRBS
04-16-09, 2:35 pm
The only reason I think this is fake is because it's shot in a commercial gym. If you've never used a quality powerlifting bar before you won't be able to tell the difference, but 99% of commercial gyms use crappy 45 pound 1500 test bars which are notorious for having a huge bend on heavy weights and sometimes even snapping in two. Most bars that stay totally straight at such a weight like 765 weigh between 50-65 pounds alone. Let's say he's using a good bar but it could only possibly weigh 45 pounds due to the weight distribution shown in the video - at 45 pounds plus an additional 720 pounds there would still be a noticible bend in the bar. If he's using a regular bar like I suspect the shit should literally be wrapped around his shoulders and have a whip so strong at the top it should almost knock him over.

So if he was using a quality bar, the weight wouldn't be 8 plates a side. The bars at my commercial gym have a noticible bend at 405 and it becomes much more obvious at 500+. I've seen a guy do legitimate shrugs with 905 on a commercial gym bar and the bar was whipping so bad, it looked like a tidal wave and was basically ready to break.

I think this is just another Greg Kovach case. He was an absolutely inhumanly massive bodybuilder back in the 90's and was claiming ridiculous numbers like 700+ ATG squats for reps, 495 behind the neck presses for reps and whatnot. Ed Coan, when he was in his prime, publically asked to work out with him one day because he was arguably the strongest powerlifter to ever walk the face of the planet and even these numbers were beyond him. Of course Greg came up with a bunch of bullshit excuses why he couldn't and was never heard from again. Turns out he was using fake weights and only had big numbers on the Smith and Hammer Strength machines.

The Valentin Dikul video is a LOT more convincing than this but still very suspect to criticism. The only way to establish these as true fact is that these guys need to stop being commercial gym warrior cowards and step into the limelight if they want to be accepted as real. They either need to train at a legitimate powerlifting gym with guys who would kick their ass if they tried to come across as stronger than they were, or do a nationally sanctioned meet and put up some weight.

x2....a 765 deadlift with pretty much no barbend on a commercial gym bar??? I'll believe it when he either 1. does it on the platform or 2. does it in a real gym with legit lifters, not his chump crew.

But hey, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Just wanna see it done on the platform....

Cstlfx
04-16-09, 2:55 pm
I also just watched a video of him DB flys with 125 pound DB's. Ronnie had more trouble picking his DB's up then this kid.

I'm calling shenanigans.

Also, I've never seen anyone spotted on either side during a deadlift.

Aggression
04-16-09, 3:03 pm
I also just watched a video of him DB flys with 125 pound DB's. Ronnie had more trouble picking his DB's up then this kid.

I'm calling shenanigans.

This is what threw me. Other than that, I had no issue thinking it was legit. There are some strong dudes out there. Guys like Ronnie and Johnnie are super strong for being bodybuilders, and this kid might be another one of them. BUT, those 120lbers went up as easy as I put up 40lbs on a fly.

My training partner threw up 100lb DB fly a few weeks back and it looked tough as hell to do.

I'm not discrediting this kid; he's a shit-ton bigger than me. All the lifts, to my eye, were fine. I didn't look too much into the bending of bars, sounds, etc. It was very interesting/cool to watch. The only red flag that caught my eye was the 120lb DB fly with EASE.

Elite
04-16-09, 3:20 pm
There are 20lb plates in my gym (Eleiko i think), that are the same size as reg 45lb plates and look very similar to these ones too.
Besides, anyone in the Powerlifting community heard of this guy before? Woulda thought so if legit.

Mizzarler
04-16-09, 4:54 pm
supposedly he competed at the arnold like 3 months before those vids were shot and deadlifted 650, benched 405 and squatted 500...so unless he added like 300 to his squat and over 100 to his deads, then they're fake, i mean those are still sick numbers obviously but didnt Big Byrd just squat 800 raw??? i could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that what I heard and theres no way hes as strong or stronger than Big Byrd...

AFTazz06
04-16-09, 5:00 pm

I'm calling shenanigans.

Exactly!! i've seen that video where Ronnie either dropped it or lost his grip. Shenanigans x 2!

ShaqFu
04-16-09, 5:29 pm
watch him do "50" reps at 225lbs, what a fucking tool, next time go all the way up an down not 1/3 of the way, especially on his last 10 "reps"

belladiabla13
04-16-09, 5:34 pm

kid has no legs..that's alot to squat on those legs..just my 2 cents!

Alk
04-16-09, 6:28 pm
I'm calling shenanigans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok85BmPyl_I

I'm no expert, nor am I going with the trend of the posts on this thread aimlessly, but this guy doesn't look like he's should be lifting anywhere near these insane numbers. But I did notice, as others have, that his squat video....showed almost no bending in the bar! With all that weight, there's no WAY that bar shouldn't bend, especially if it's a standard 45 lb bar. I'm calling this fake....but I want to be prove wrong tbh.

Young&Hungry
04-16-09, 6:55 pm
Also, look at how much bigger these guys are and they're squatting around 765 raw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrwLCJzgmo0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TatIxDYwFQA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLcpe0cqSEc&feature=PlayList&p=11EEC0DC8DDA6AE9&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=1

I call bullshit. This guy is a nobody who thinks he's outsquatting some of the biggest and most premeire strength athletes in the world, and he's a bodybuilder to boot? This guy can go fuck himself if he thinks he's fooling anyone IMO.

jeff00z28
04-16-09, 7:03 pm
he didnt decend slowly on the 750 or w/e squat he just dropped down. fake

Mizzarler
04-16-09, 7:09 pm
the definition of a man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnrdP8mYW5E&feature=related

Mizzarler
04-16-09, 7:21 pm
pretty much asking for a torn bicep...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJPcxyPhsJA&NR=1

all in all i think he is a pretty strong dude...just not as strong as he thinks/says he is...and is kind of a tool for taking his shirt off ater every set and flexing..just my opinion

DanTheMan
04-16-09, 7:28 pm
hmm.. that sucks. if you read the comments on his page it has people saying "keep up the great work" and "that's very inspirational"... that kinda pisses me off..

assuming none of it's real.

RENFRO
04-16-09, 7:41 pm
My official opinion: Fake or not (I think it's fake) THIS DUDE HAS GOT TO BE ONE OF THE BIGGEST TOOLS I HAVE EVER SEEN.

Who takes their shirt off for ever set but keeps their cute backwards hat on for a set?

Then finishes off with a stupid flex.

That's so f'ing pathetic it makes me sick to see that crap. FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE!!!!

He better never have on any Animal Apparel. He needs to check his damn attitude at the door. I hate that shit.

Thrawn
04-17-09, 5:16 am
340kg deadlift with a double overhand grip? Hmmmm.
Guess its not impossible, i'd like to believe it is possible, but i would like to see that in real life before i take my bow and applaud.
And i will still give him 3 red lights if he does that pose afterwards.

Ozzy27
04-17-09, 6:26 am
FAKE!!!

futurefreak101
04-17-09, 6:10 pm
looks pretty real to me
if its not then hes just a clown
but big props to him if its the real deal.

Elite
04-17-09, 6:39 pm
On the DB movements, he picks them off a rack with identical DB's, in a proper gym. So unless he's made his own styrofoam models, then they look kosher. Barbell movements, i gotta feeling, as i've said before, that the plates are the 45lb size 22's.

Also, debate if its real, fake, make your points. But can we lay off the verbal slaying please.

GJN5002
04-17-09, 9:23 pm
Isnt the raw squat record like 900 and some change? So he does 725 ATG no sweat? Im saying if you descend that fat with 725lbs, knee explode. Plus whos heard of this guy in powerlifting circles? I kinda believe the db curls because that alot of trouble to construct all your own weights for fake vids

Giant Killer
04-18-09, 10:30 am
Total bullshit. These are Ronnie Coleman weights.

prowrestler
04-18-09, 12:23 pm
my 2 cents, fake and why

commin from a background of trying to sell things to a crowd, i picked up on some things

if he was so retardedly strong, he would initialy want to prove that this was indeed real.

what i did notice is not once did i see them show exactly how much each plate weighed, and note how on the deads it simply says "4 plates" and "8 plates". hell if i put 4 2.5's on the bar its a 4 plate dead aint it?

i noticed on the bench vid how the plates where all hiding from the camera, the # section was faceing away from the camera man. cover up IMO. then when they where strippin it down, they turn the attention to mr take off my shirt in a public gym and flex.

the plates are possibly the 10 kilo rubbers ive seen b4 near my gym. look indentical, or they are those legit 25's look-a-like's to 45's.

this is as fake as the road warriors bench competition. they forget that at the time, 800lbs was the WR bench and they did 475 raw and it looked like speed work lol

G Diesel
04-18-09, 1:05 pm
Kid has a hell of a physique...

Peace, G

Iceiktitan
04-18-09, 1:46 pm
True. If that weren't fake which I believe they were he should challenge you and big al to a bench 225 contest at a ABC somewhere to prove it if he has the nuts.

Total bullshit. These are Ronnie Coleman weights.

Big Wides
04-18-09, 5:28 pm
Who gives a shit if they are fake or not, the dude has one hell of a physique. So does the matter of what the hell is on youtube have anything to do with how he looks. Not at all, with the way he is built you don't wake up that way you do lift weights and eat the right way.

Mizzarler
04-18-09, 8:59 pm
Who gives a shit if they are fake or not, the dude has one hell of a physique. So does the matter of what the hell is on youtube have anything to do with how he looks. Not at all, with the way he is built you don't wake up that way you do lift weights and eat the right way.

i know, no ones saying he looks bad all i'm saying is he's lying about his lifts...squatting 675 for a trip and squatting 765, i just don't think you should lie about that but hey if it is legit then all the respect to him

Beast Genetics
04-19-09, 5:40 pm
x2....a 765 deadlift with pretty much no barbend on a commercial gym bar??? I'll believe it when he either 1. does it on the platform or 2. does it in a real gym with legit lifters, not his chump crew.

But hey, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Just wanna see it done on the platform....
Ditto IRBS I call Bullshit till I see it in comp. or at a real gym without the guy's with him that oil him up before recordings. Like other's have said if I'm wrong I'll stand corrected but not until then.

Little Houghton
04-19-09, 5:53 pm
i think his hair is fake.

but seriously, yea right lol...those squats arent that far from byrd's, and...well...yea.

But in all fairness he looks pretty good, just dont see why he needs his nuts rubbed by youtube, but whatever floats your boat.

xMATT182x
04-20-09, 2:18 am
This is what threw me. Other than that, I had no issue thinking it was legit. There are some strong dudes out there. Guys like Ronnie and Johnnie are super strong for being bodybuilders, and this kid might be another one of them. BUT, those 120lbers went up as easy as I put up 40lbs on a fly.

My training partner threw up 100lb DB fly a few weeks back and it looked tough as hell to do.

I'm not discrediting this kid; he's a shit-ton bigger than me. All the lifts, to my eye, were fine. I didn't look too much into the bending of bars, sounds, etc. It was very interesting/cool to watch. The only red flag that caught my eye was the 120lb DB fly with EASE.

I agree, he picks those up like their 20 pounders. He is A. using fake weights or B. Gives the hulk a run for his money.

G Diesel
04-20-09, 9:00 am
Seems like a lot of salty dogs chewing on sour grapes in this thread...

Those DBs are definitely LA Fitness standard. I served my time at Globo and can go on record saying that the DBs and plates used in that vid sure as shit look exactly like the ones you'll find in any Globo Gym. We can think what we want about the legitimacy of what is in those vids and his personality and apparent lack of humility, but the quality of his physique is undeniable and if the weights are what they appear to be, he would be stronger than 99.9% of the dudes on this board, myself included. Instead of cyber-hating, I'll simply tip my hat and go back to working on improving myself and doing me.

Peace, G

prafull
04-20-09, 9:20 am

Those DBs are definitely LA Fitness standard. I served my time at Globo and can go on record saying that the DBs and plates used in that vid sure as shit look exactly like the ones you'll find in any Globo Gym. We can think what we want about the legitimacy of what is in those vids and his personality and apparent lack of humility, but the quality of his physique is undeniable and if the weights are what they appear to be, he would be stronger than 99.9% of the dudes on this board, myself included. Instead of cyber-hating, I'll simply tip my hat and go back to working on improving myself and doing me.

Peace, G

well said G......
i'd do the same.

wedge
04-20-09, 9:56 am

Peace, G

Stay above the fray. Doesn't faze my life either way.

AFTazz06
04-20-09, 11:51 am
Good, now this thread can be closed.

Tron
04-20-09, 10:58 pm

Peace, G

See now, G... at first I agreed with you but now I must respectfully disagree. Castleberry has a nice physique, granted... Needs more legs, but he's got the upperbody size. The whole point behind this thread was to show off his numbers on his lifts. That is where the point behind some of this discussion lies.

I don't care about his looks. Frankly I think he's a tool for his actions but there are many people out there like this. They try to flex whenever they want and show off as much as they can, but that's them. If somebody gets their jollies off on this, more power to them. Hit the most-muscular pose as often as you want. But the point is that if you try to dupe people into thinking you are lifting more than you are, then that is just sad.

This discussion started about his lifting numbers and not his physique.

Young&Hungry
04-20-09, 11:18 pm
I'll agree with Tron on a few aspects. First off since the legitimacy of the weight involved has been disputed by some of the Forum's more reputable sources, that's what the focus should be on. Does the kid have a sick physique? Can't deny that whatsoever, much props to the hard training and eating clean he's definitely done to achieve what he has. Is he a tool for what he does in the gym? I am not gonna judge the man on his humility, that's not what this is about. It's about respect and integrity.

I personally think it's an absolute slap in the face to the men who have achieved those numbers and have put the nose to the grindstone for decades to get those weights. I am a strong kid and I think I have a decent physique, but just because of that does that entitle me to claim the weights that men before me have surely worked as hard before me to achieve? Absolutely not, and that is nothing more than morality. Is it okay to fudge some stuff on a resume or claim you went to Harvard when you went to a state school during an interview, but justify it with the fact that you're a good businessman? Is it okay for me to compete juiced in a tested show and blow my natural competitors out of the water, yet justify it by saying everyone's doing it? It's just flat out wrong no matter what way you slice it, and by falsely claiming that you have achieved something or used immoral means to achieve said goal, you blatently disrespect anyone whose ever gone by the book in pursuit to that goal.

And for those who have already achieved that goal, I would be infuriated if some Youtube knucklehead was using illegitimate weights to deceive and mislead people who don't know any better that they were on my level, when it is obvious to the experienced eye that his accomplishments are false. It's just damn insulting and disrespectful to "skip" the steps that those who legitimately set the precedent took to achieve it and then try to represent yourself as someone of that caliber. Where has all the morality gone? Be yourself and stay true to the hustle - don't try to play the system and try to be something now before you've put in the work to get there.

Young&Hungry
04-20-09, 11:41 pm
Nice conversation going on in the comments section...ignore the flaming going on though and take the conversation for what it's worth...

How is it fake? U can see the bar bending. Bradley is a very gifted athlete. I dont know why people just dont accept that.

-Because hossein rezazadeh, brian siders, and mikhaail koklyeav would have a tough time burying 765 that deep, and coming up that fast . If these names are foreign to you, you have no business commenting on anything bodybuilding, powerlifting, or olympic lifting. and btw muscle missions is in no way "natural", no doubt he is an accomplished bodybuilder, and i have respect for him, but when he starts posting fake lifts and claims to be natural, he loses credibility

I know who all those guys are. If u bothered going to my profile u would have noticed that i'm subscribed to Koklyeav's videos. I've also worked out with British strongman Oli Thompson. I just dont see what Bradley would achieve by posting videos of himself using fake weights.

-Supplement deals/ just to get his name out there,so he can fool impressionable teenagers to buy micronized sawdust. Not to mention dvd footage, which he could also sell to impressionable people. Do you know how many female bodybuilders have fake videos of them benching 505 or something like that, then bending a barbell?These videos sell to people with some sorta fetishes, you can say the same thing about male bbing. Look at that ***got brad synthol hollibaugh. The term is MUSCLE WORSHIP.

Haha! Yeah, i've seen that video where the woman benches 500 on an incline and bends the barbell lol. I have to admit i found it hard to believe Bradley could squat so much (in such good form) when far more accomplished strongmen would struggle with that weight. However, i just assumed he's an honest enough guy. I mean, posting videos of yourself using fake weights is absolutley pathetic.

-This is exactly right. If anyone would bother to look up the numbers that some of the best powerlifters in the world hit RAW at the NERB a couple of years ago, they would know this is fake ass shit. Castleberry is a douche bag and always has been.

prowrestler
04-20-09, 11:53 pm
agreed ^

yes he looks good, its not about his body though, it about the numbers he is claiming.

i personly dont give a fuck, it changes 0 in my life if some dude wants to play captain IWANNA B. Strong.

i dont like how it makes every other dude who put the work to lift those weights look though like Y&H said

G Diesel
04-21-09, 10:04 am
Haha... I get it. And have as much of an interest (if not more) in protecting the integrity of our sport and lifestyle as anyone. The documented weights are mindblowing. If real--astonishing. If fake, like so many impotent, fraudulent aspects of our new cyber-reality--dishonorable, disappointing and kinda sad. My point in mentioning the kid's physique (and also his vertical leap) is that a select few among us are in the genetic elite and the rest of us have to murder ourselves just to make the tiniest of gains. It is a cold but true reality and one we are best served coming to grips with sooner as opposed to later.

I just feel that there are many more productive ways of spending our time and energy than being critics and debating one dude's strength and integrity. It is what it is. Better to just assume that everyone is bigger and stronger than you and sets PRs and WRs twice a day and to spend your time bettering yourself and doing things that serve your interests.

Peace, G

Wasteland
04-21-09, 10:14 am
I just feel that there are many more productive ways of spending our time and energy than being critics and debating one dude's strength and integrity. It is what it is. Better to just assume that everyone is bigger and stronger than you and sets PRs and WRs twice a day and to spend your time bettering yourself and doing things that serve your interests.

Peace, G

Maybe. Or maybe not. Perhaps there is in value in laying bare the artifice of "feats of strength" in this day and age? For if we do not, what about the naive individual who sees that artifice and invariably measures his worth against something that is not only unattainable, but impossible? How can we measure our own goals against what is fake? Do we not have a responsibility to these young minds? Or a responsibility to those who are perpetrating such hoaxes (if they exist)? Are we each not responsible for the sport and helping to ensure that a genuine message is conveyed to the world outside? That lifting is a sport full of sincere and true individuals and not charlatans? Mountebanks looking for their 15 seconds? How does that progress what we all do, what we all live and bleed? Do their actions not demean us all and ultimately diminish this great sport of ours? And what of our passive acceptance of such behavior? What does that say about us? This sport will be lifted up by those with greatness, those individuals who have strength of character as well as strength of body. These role models may never truly be accepted by the masses outside the sport--but they might at least be respected for their character, their convictions and their values. For these things are universal.

G Diesel
04-21-09, 10:38 am
Maybe. Or maybe not. Perhaps there is in value in laying bare the artifice of "feats of strength" in this day and age? For if we do not, what about the naive individual who sees that artifice and invariably measures his worth against something that is not only unattainable, but impossible? How can we measure our own goals against what is fake? Do we not have a responsibility to these young minds? Or a responsibility to those who are perpetrating such hoaxes (if they exist)? Are we each not responsible for the sport and helping to ensure that a genuine message is conveyed to the world outside? That lifting is a sport full of sincere and true individuals and not charlatans? Mountebanks looking for their 15 seconds? How does that progress what we all do, what we all live and bleed? Do their actions not demean us all and ultimately diminish this great sport of ours? And what of our passive acceptance of such behavior? What does that say about us? This sport will be lifted up by those with greatness, those individuals who have strength of character as well as strength of body. These role models may never truly be accepted by the masses outside the sport--but they might at least be respected for their character, their convictions and their values. For these things are universal.

Nothing is more important than integrity... But what does it say of a man's integrity if he spends his time "pointing out how the strong man stumbles or how the doer of deeds could have done better." Bottom line is, neither you nor I, nor anybody here was in the gym with this kid on the day he shot those vids and though somewhat implausible, none of us know for sure the validity or legitimacy of any of his feats or for that matter that of the majority of "YouTube lifts". I think we'd all be better off getting our own houses in order instead of doing the housekeeping of another on our dime. If the argument is that these vids were created with the sole intent of getting people talking and that any publicity is good publicity, then I think he achieved his goal and then some.

I think it is a testament to our human frailty to see those more advanced than ourselves and to speculate what those persons did wrong (morally) as opposed to inquiring what they did right (practically).

Peace, G

Wasteland
04-21-09, 10:44 am
Nothing is more important than integrity... But what does it say of a man's integrity if he spends his time "pointing out how the strong man stumbles or how the doer of deeds could have done better." Bottom line is, neither you nor I, nor anybody here was in the gym with this kid on the day he shot those vids and though somewhat implausible, none of us know for sure the validity or legitimacy of any of his feats or for that matter that of the majority of "YouTube lifts". I think we'd all be better off getting our own houses in order instead of doing the housekeeping of another on our dime. If the argument is that these vids were created with the sole intent of getting people talking and that any publicity is good publicity, then I think he achieved his goal and then some.

I think it is a testament to our human frailty to see those more advanced than ourselves and to speculate what those persons did wrong (morally) as opposed to inquiring what they did right (practically).

Peace, G

The point is not to judge or to be judgmental. Leave that task to others. But if we view ourselves, each of us, as guardians of the sport in our own individual ways, we each have a duty. To me, it's about our intentions and motivations when we address issues like this. Do we enter into a critique in good faith or with less than charitable intentions? Neither I, nor you, can be the judge of that. But to each, we have a responsibility to represent this sport that we all hold dear--and to do that, we must bring the truth to bear, while simutaneously shining that light of truth on what would otherwise be dark. Again, not to judge, but to illuminate. And I disagree with your personal, albeit implied, judgment here of us who are participating in this thread--it's not about Schadenfreude at all. My comments, for one, aren't about tearing down the efforts of others at all. Quite the contrary.

G Diesel
04-21-09, 10:52 am
The point is not to judge or to be judgmental. Leave that task to others. But if we view ourselves, each of us, as guardians of the sport in our own individual ways, we each have a duty. To me, it's about our intentions and motivations when we address issues like this. Do we enter into a critique in good faith or with less than charitable intentions? Neither I, nor you, can be the judge of that. But to each, we have a responsibility to represent this sport that we all hold dear--and to do that, we must bring the truth to bear, while simutaneously shining that light of truth on what would otherwise be dark. Again, not to judge, but to illuminate.

Illumination is a grand goal and one worthy of pursuit.

That said, when examining the human condition, one must always consider motivations. I never want my brethren to fall victim to what I've termed regarding ladies as the "pretty girl hater" state of mind.

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but if the soup tastes bitter and salty, odds are there is at least a little sodium content (even if it ain't on the label).

Peace, G

Wasteland
04-21-09, 10:55 am
Illumination is a grand goal and one worthy of pursuit.

That said, when examining the human condition, one must always consider motivations. I never want my brethren to fall victim to what I've termed regarding ladies as the "pretty girl hater" state of mind.

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but if the soup tastes bitter and salty, odds are there is at least a little sodium content (even if it ain't on the label).

Peace, G

Precisely my point. We must enter into such debates, bona fide.

jeff00z28
04-21-09, 6:56 pm
the curls arent that surprising and id believe them imo. brock lesnar is said to do 140s with good form

mritter3
04-21-09, 7:28 pm
i don't know what to think of these vids, but i got more important things to do with my time than to debate on them....granted castleberry has a good physique, but if you look at all the greats in the sport that would have trouble lifting some of those i gotta call out bs, if it is legit, than my apologies, but i gotta agree with Y+H on this debate.

strivin for more
04-22-09, 9:07 pm
sure, it may be fake. sure, the kid might be full of himself. but you gotta give him props. hes bigger than the average sized anybody. like 5x bigger than me.

Liftbig21
04-26-09, 3:38 pm
They all look real to me..I agree with G ..and you can hear the plates slamming...I give him props...Im not into the flexing all the time but if i stood of his stature perhaps i'd flex more myself.

wesleyfootball36
05-05-09, 9:55 am
lol good for this guy real or fake whatever but whatever possesses him to do 50 reps on bench and then think to himself "this would be a pretty good time to take my shirt off", is beyond me strong as balls but obviously a total tool bag

SizeMatters
05-05-09, 11:16 am
not for nothing but hes got everyone talkign about him, in this game thats half the battle, those 120's look pretty fuckign fake on the flys but 1.how much u think this tool has spent on fake weights to be made ( i assume they wopuld have to be?)and 2. the dude is still bigger then me so i cant really disrespect.

deadlifts
05-06-09, 5:28 pm
He kind of looks like Arnold with his hair like that

Big C
05-06-09, 5:50 pm
Not a big fan of dudes that like who stroke their own ego's like that but I guess to each their own. I know for a fact I've never ripped my shirt off and flexed for a video camera after a set on bench or curls or whatever. Fairly big dude and probably strong to boot....whether he can really handle the weight thrown up in these vids I really don't know.

He might be an alright dude but he's no Animal....

SizeMatters
05-06-09, 7:07 pm
He might be an alright dude but he's no Animal....

X2

Mizzarler
05-06-09, 9:05 pm
This thread won't die! lol

Alk
05-06-09, 10:16 pm
He kind of looks like Arnold with his hair like that

Shame not as many bodybuilders have long hair like that anymore...it looked sick on Arnold. I feel like an outsider at my gym some days, just because I'm the only motherf1cker there that has hair down to his eyes (I reeeeealllllyyyyyy need a haircut atm haha) and wears glasses when he lifts. I bet longer hair is seen more often in natty BB competitions though, today anyways.

AFTazz06
05-25-09, 7:33 pm
This is worth discussing besides that prick Castleberry, this is Ty Young, he's 21yrs old. Take a look as he squats 800lbs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4ym9A2A3_o&feature=player_embedded

BigChrisF
05-25-09, 8:12 pm
In Ty Young's video, the bar moves much more naturally for the 800 lb load on it.

AFTazz06
05-25-09, 8:15 pm
In Ty Young's video, the bar moves much more naturally for the 800 lb load on it.

exactly, the way it should.