PDA

View Full Version : body getting use to routine soreness?!!?

BeastCook
04-16-09, 1:27 am
hey how do you know when your body is getting use to the same training routine? do you wake up not being as sore or something? because i woke up the day after my chest day and wasnt that sore, and trust me i did presses, flys with good form and alot of them, my nutrition was crazy i got in like 300g of protein just from food that day so maybe the muscle is growing back faster?

so whats the problem for me not being sore....i mean usually i am.....

p.s i only take the pak and creatine and i take in sugar pre and post workout

Classified09
04-16-09, 1:49 am
Soreness does not mean growth. As for your body getting use to the same training routine - IMO that's when you've hit a plateau.

How many reps, sets, and exercises are you doing for chest?

BeastCook
04-16-09, 2:15 am
Soreness does not mean growth. As for your body getting use to the same training routine - IMO that's when you've hit a plateau.

just my regular
3 sets incline press
3 sets bench press
3 sets incline fly
3 sets decline hammer press (or dips, change from week to week)
2 sets cable crossovers (i do these every other week)

my reps were low for the presses 5-8 and my flys were 8-10

Tron
04-16-09, 4:53 am

Not just a plateau, but also when you feel stagnant... Like there is no point in being there... a haze if you will for everyday you enter.

just my regular
3 sets incline press
3 sets bench press
3 sets incline fly
3 sets decline hammer press (or dips, change from week to week)
2 sets cable crossovers (i do these every other week)

my reps were low for the presses 5-8 and my flys were 8-10

So this is just chest that you are worried about??

Try changin things up every once in awhile... Take out the flat and do decline before Incline one day/one month (Whichever you want).... try putting the flyes before the presses... Do dips/pushups at the end for a burnout... Just get creative.

BeastCook
04-16-09, 2:43 pm
Not just a plateau, but also when you feel stagnant... Like there is no point in being there... a haze if you will for everyday you enter.

So this is just chest that you are worried about??

Try changin things up every once in awhile... Take out the flat and do decline before Incline one day/one month (Whichever you want).... try putting the flyes before the presses... Do dips/pushups at the end for a burnout... Just get creative.

yeah, i noticed everything wasnt that sore in my last chest, arms, legs, back workout, but i was extremely sore in my delt workout because i tried new exercises

Beast Genetics
04-16-09, 3:06 pm
I don't like seeing the word ROUTINE being thrown around because what you want is the exact opposite. You should not be doing the same routine on chest day you were doing last month, and a few other people here touched on the fact that soreness does not mean growth. But not switching your workout's around will certainly get you to a growth and strength plateau pretty quickly.

BeastCook
04-16-09, 4:43 pm
I don't like seeing the word ROUTINE being thrown around because what you want is the exact opposite. You should not be doing the same routine on chest day you were doing last month, and a few other people here touched on the fact that soreness does not mean growth. But not switching your workout's around will certainly get you to a growth and strength plateau pretty quickly.

every week i do different exercises but the exercises pretty much target the same area, so yea ill totally re-contruct my training arsenal

Beast Genetics
04-16-09, 5:58 pm
every week i do different exercises but the exercises pretty much target the same area, so yea ill totally re-contruct my training arsenal
If your doing different exercises week to week for your target area's that should be good enough, Over complicating your routine can be a problem as well. If your not getting as sore as you used to it can also be a sign that your muscle's are getting more stamina. If your not getting as sore as you used to and your still getting visual gains and hitting PR's, your on the right track.

Fricano
04-16-09, 6:07 pm
Soreness does not equal muscle growth. Soreness is minute tears in the connective tissue of muscle, particularly nearer the ends of the muscles. Soreness is not a good thing. I dont know how much I can stress that. So how do you avoid soreness. By using light weights and avoiding eccentric movements. Of course not! Rather, by careful and progressive application of heavier and heavier eccentric movements, performed over a period of literally months and years. Soreness should be treated with pain reducing modalities such as stretching, heat ice, recuperation periods and proper nutrition.

Jonisocool
04-16-09, 7:00 pm
unfortunately soreness doesnt mean much since you can get sore curling 10lbs if u do it enough

also make sure u give urself breaks once in awhile like every 10 weeks take 2 off or at least go light, or "deadload" as we call it over in powerlifting. I think a lot of people overlook the importance of deloading.