PDA

View Full Version : Evaluate my diet

MojoMike36
04-17-09, 9:26 am
Started at 138. Hit 207. I'm @ 185 right now.

I'm leaning out for another big bulk this coming winter.

I followed a keto diet for the past 2 months and dropped 20 lbs. Of course of alot of it was water. I got over the carb hump and beyond the cravings but the weightloss has slowed. I never like following one diet for too long because things tend to slow down.

Heres my new plan of attack:

I reached my goal of 200, then 207. I've been doing Dave Palumbo's cut diet (keto styled) for about 2 months. My weight has stalled at 185-187.

I've gathered some resources looked at some diets and put together one that fits my lifestyle well.

Calories: 1800 Daily
Target Weight: 165-170

Wake Up:
Multi Vitamin
15 minutes walk

Breakfast:
3 Eggs
2 slices turkey bacon
4oz carrots
Fish Oil

Lunch:
6oz Lean Protein
2 slices turkey bacon
Half Red Pepper
2oz carrots
Fish Oil
Half Avocado

Post Training:
2 scoops whey
1 glass Orange Juice

Dinner:
6oz Lean Protein
2 slices turkey bacon
4oz Broccoli
Fish Oil
Half Avocado

Pre-Bed:
2 Eggs
Half Red Pepper
2oz carrots
Fish Oil
ZMA

x13 days

Re-feed Day

Breakfast — 6 egg omelet, 2 slices whole wheat bread, 2 pieces of bacon, 3 strawberry crepes, 2 pancakes with syrup.

Mid- whey shake

Lunch — 1 large pizza, garden salad, diet soda.

Mid -------afternoon walk.

Dinner — Large dish of flax pasta with turkey meatballs, big salad, 1 piece of cheesecake for dessert.

Pre-bed snack — DQ Blizzard (PB Cups and Cookie Dough).

(I stole the whole re-feed day from the "Get Shredded Diet". It looked perfect!) I'll probably cut back on some of that.

-I'm doing 3-4 Full body training sessions
-I hit 4-5 1 hr cardio sessions a week without a problem or complaints

I'm committed.

GJN5002
04-17-09, 10:36 am
Diet looks good to me. Any reason for the carrot or do you jus tliek them? 8 weeks on keto may not be enough, it usually takes atleast 12 to see the potential in my opinion. If you stalled you need to lower calories or add a bit more cardio. Your diet looks fine though. Im doing the anabolic diet whihc look svery similar to what youre doing but with more fat. I do 5 days 200g fat 300 g protein and then 2 refeed days that look similar to yours.

MojoMike36
04-17-09, 11:20 am
Diet looks good to me. Any reason for the carrot or do you jus tliek them? 8 weeks on keto may not be enough, it usually takes atleast 12 to see the potential in my opinion. If you stalled you need to lower calories or add a bit more cardio. Your diet looks fine though. Im doing the anabolic diet whihc look svery similar to what youre doing but with more fat. I do 5 days 200g fat 300 g protein and then 2 refeed days that look similar to yours.

Bro most definitely I've seen some serious results from keto. No complaints about it.

I got the photos to prove it. I loved it. That being said, I'm a fan of diet rotation. It works for me.

Switching up diets has always helped me shed the pounds. I'm probably going to follow this for a rapid cut over the next 2 or 3 months. Then from there I'll sit at the same weight with a slightly above maintenance keto-esque diet. Then come winter I'll make my move for my final bulk. I'll hopefully hit around 225ish by the end and then cut for October and my very first competition.

---Carrots rock bro. I get great energy out of them. They're easy to transport and fun to eat.

Per your thoughts on upping fat I'll probably add some raw almonds into the mix if I feel like my weight is dropping too fast.

MojoMike36
04-17-09, 3:43 pm
Bump.

Anyone else have any input?

GJN5002
04-17-09, 4:37 pm
The only other comments you will get will be "you need to add some carbs in there." If you wanna do your low carb thing it looks solid.

MojoMike36
04-18-09, 1:19 pm
The only other comments you will get will be "you need to add some carbs in there." If you wanna do your low carb thing it looks solid.

Yeah well theres carbs in veggies, and Orange Juice. Maybe I'll add a piece of bread for before or during training.