PDA

View Full Version : Putting on mass.

Glory
04-18-09, 4:24 pm
Would you guys recommend a mix of high sets, higher weight + lower reps & lower sets, higher reps + lower weight? Or one of the other. I know it's not good to get your body used to one of them... So I was thinking the mix would be the best bet but I need some other ideas. Thanks bro's.

sanga
04-18-09, 4:29 pm
I personally think it depends on your age and if you have any joint issues.

If I was young and had no issues I`d go with 5 x 5 and strive to add weight to the bar at every chance I could.

Iif I was in my 30s with maybe some shoulder or knee joint issues I`d go with higher reps of 12-20 and still push to add weight to the bar at every chance, progressive resistance is the way always.

GLHF
04-18-09, 11:23 pm
all people are different. for an example, most of my training has been sets of 1-5. And nothing more then 8 reps. I still added mass. Now ive tried sets of 8-20 and i find it much easier to gain mass.
Some bbers swear on low reps. just try both and see what words best. But the majority will put money on low weights, high reps.

prowrestler
04-18-09, 11:39 pm
Would you guys recommend a mix of high sets, higher weight + lower reps & lower sets, higher reps + lower weight? Or one of the other. I know it's not good to get your body used to one of them... So I was thinking the mix would be the best bet but I need some other ideas. Thanks bro's.

puttin on mass u ask.....

why are u in the training section? look in the diet section. trust me, its the real secret.

train progressivly and fuckin EAT!

BeastCook
04-18-09, 11:46 pm

never worry about that, just stick to basic compound moves and if get in about 3 warm up feel sets then do 1 or 2 "money" sets

Littlefry
04-19-09, 7:10 pm
I personally think it depends on your age and if you have any joint issues.

If I was young and had no issues I`d go with 5 x 5 and strive to add weight to the bar at every chance I could.

Iif I was in my 30s with maybe some shoulder or knee joint issues I`d go with higher reps of 12-20 and still push to add weight to the bar at every chance, progressive resistance is the way always.

I recommend 5x5 for a solid 12 weeks cycle atleast once during a bulking phase. With 5x5 not only could you add up to 40-50 pounds to all your major lifts in 12 weeks but add around 12-15 pounds of mass, although it might not all be muscle that is still a solid gain. Id suggest you run a 5x5 intermediate cycle for 12 weeks with a proper bulking diet, and trust me you will see gains both on the barbell and body.

Ir0nClad
04-19-09, 8:03 pm
http://bodybuilding.com/fun/irontamer5.htm 20 rep squat program, if you wanna gain mass the fastest way possible.

cyingling
04-19-09, 8:56 pm
I recommend 5x5 for a solid 12 weeks cycle atleast once during a bulking phase. With 5x5 not only could you add up to 40-50 pounds to all your major lifts in 12 weeks but add around 12-15 pounds of mass, although it might not all be muscle that is still a solid gain. Id suggest you run a 5x5 intermediate cycle for 12 weeks with a proper bulking diet, and trust me you will see gains both on the barbell and body.

5x5 is amazing.. my skinny ass gained some serious strength and shape.. do it.

asrihan
04-19-09, 10:42 pm
When I used to try to put on a lot of mass I would do lower reps and higher weight...most weight possible...this was in might mid-late teens. You should be exhausted at the end of each set...