PDA

View Full Version : Random lower back pain..HELP!

Mizzarler
04-18-09, 6:06 pm
I was just getting ready to eat my pre w/o meal for legs and while I was walking I felt a sharp pain in pretty much the bottom half of my back, I immediately laid down, I have trouble breathing and my lower back hurts even worse when I inhale deeply...I am worried...Has this ever happened to any of you...It's very strange and not sure what I should do. It still hurts and this happened about 30 minutes ago...
Thanks

AFTazz06
04-18-09, 6:10 pm
I've never had that happen to me to the point of making me lay down immediately. Best advice, Go see a Doc, could be that you might have a pinched nerve.

Mizzarler
04-18-09, 8:57 pm
went to the doc and he said it was prob a back spasm, which i what i thought it was...but they took an ekg and it came back "abnormal"...my dad died before i was born from a heart attack, and my uncle and grandfather also have died from this and my moms had 3 already so i'm about to go to the hospital to run more tests...this blows!!! i wanted to lift today

AFTazz06
04-18-09, 9:41 pm
went to the doc and he said it was prob a back spasm, which i what i thought it was...but they took an ekg and it came back "abnormal"...my dad died before i was born from a heart attack, and my uncle and grandfather also have died from this and my moms had 3 already so i'm about to go to the hospital to run more tests...this blows!!! i wanted to lift today

Sorry to hear that bro, but think of it this way, its better to be safe then sorry. Image if you would have gotten the spasm while pushing heavy weights today, you would have been severly injured. Just take it easy, get the rest of the tests done and dont worry about the weights, they'll be waiting for ya in the gym.

solidmofo
04-18-09, 10:24 pm
might a pinched nerve dude

vetkin
04-19-09, 3:51 am
my gf had something like this where she had trouble breathing and it turned out to be liquid in her lungs... if it doesn't seem like just muscle soreness you should definitely get checked out :(

mritter3
04-19-09, 10:22 am
def. better to be safe than sorry, that way when you return to the weights you will be 100%, and your body can give you what you need...keep us posted man, good luck.

mcbeast
04-19-09, 4:18 pm
Keep us posted brotha..
ive had similar pains..shit makes you drop right where your at..

born0withno0soul
04-19-09, 4:52 pm
i have this problem as well. went to chiropractor and he said i am showing signs of vertebrae deteriation and pinching of nerves. doctor said i was fine, so maybe the chiropractor knows what he is talking about.

Mizzarler
04-19-09, 10:36 pm
i have this problem as well. went to chiropractor and he said i am showing signs of vertebrae deteriation and pinching of nerves. doctor said i was fine, so maybe the chiropractor knows what he is talking about.

damn dude..is there anything the chiopractor can do to reverse that? I don't think that's whats wrong with me though..I feel fine today, I will go to the chiopractor though...I think I'll be OK...Hopefully

ATLAS64
04-20-09, 8:02 pm
Shoot man Im sorry to hear that about ur back. Honestly resting is the best thing you can do right now. Probably just follow the R.I.C.E. protocol minus the elevation of course. Good luck healing up..keep us posted

omgi
04-21-09, 7:00 am
Might be a good idea to go see a good naprapath as well. They are usually more specialized on the musculature and joints than the chiropractor, while the chiropractor is usually more specialized on the spine etc. It is probably best to get as many different views on it as possible. Going to a naprapath is also a good way to get a professional view on your muscles, joints and structure in general.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Beach91
04-21-09, 9:12 pm
This is definitely serious, I would definitely suggest a doctor and if possible a meeting at a sports clinic or physiotherapist. I am no doctor myself, but it is my two cents. As well, do you properly stretch after training sessions? Sometimes muscular imbalances and the tension that tight hamstrings and calves can cause a lot of pull and strain on the lower back that can be avoided with a proper core strengthening program and stretching protocol.

again just my 2 cents, take the pennies for what they re worth

Mizzarler
04-22-09, 1:03 am
Thanks guys....I feel a lot better and I'm planning on hittin legs tom...We'll see how it goes.

omgi
04-22-09, 5:30 am
Thanks guys....I feel a lot better and I'm planning on hittin legs tom...We'll see how it goes.

Just be careful man, legs could be as harmful to train as back in this case.

ghost
04-22-09, 3:00 pm
Your best bet, is to not get advice on how to assess a pain in your back from people on the internet, your BEST bet is to go to the doctor.

last i checked, no one on here is an actual licensed Doctor.

Mizzarler
04-22-09, 11:23 pm
Your best bet, is to not get advice on how to assess a pain in your back from people on the internet, your BEST bet is to go to the doctor.

last i checked, no one on here is an actual licensed Doctor.

i did...read the whole thread

ATLAS64
04-23-09, 12:13 am
I bet once u cut down some ur body might heal up some...I mean you have gone from 190 to almost 260 in a short period of time. Your body might be having trouble catching up making yourself more prone to injuries right. I could be wrong but its just a thought. It always takes time for everything to fully adapt to new size like that. U BIG BASTARD U lol

Lemme know when we can train bro im lookin forward to it..in the mean time HEAL UP BROTHA