PDA

View Full Version : Getting a second chance

Vinny G
04-21-09, 10:40 pm
A year ago right now, i just got home from germany, and the poland tour with the lad and ox. looking back, i never thought i would be competing in the ny pro with ox, its truly a dream come true....sorry ox, not competing with you, but being on an IFBB pro stage...lol

at one point someone called me a washed up has been that never closed the deal on getting a pro card. let me tell ya, walking into hard core gyms here in jersey with some bad ass competitors looking at you as a has been sucked. i held my head up high and set forth a goal that would have me win the masters nationals and "close the deal" on a pro card.

its funny how things happen, as last year i was chasing a dream that finally came to fruition. going into the mr olympia NEVER entered my mind, but as the weeks leading into my debuts at the pittsburgh and ny pro's, my thoughts have gone from i hope to crack the top 10, to maybe i just might qualify for the olympia 202 showdown.

it took me 16 years to get here.....i'm going in swinging

prowrestler
04-21-09, 10:44 pm
take them down and stand over them all

sodapop
04-21-09, 10:52 pm
Good shit man. Let 'em know you've worked too hard to take anything but a win. You're gonna do awesome, bro.

andrewT
04-21-09, 11:02 pm
don't let anything or anyone stop you bro! all or nothing!

wedge
04-21-09, 11:15 pm
it took me 16 years to get here.....i'm going in swinging

Give 'em hell Vinny.

MELTDOWN
04-21-09, 11:28 pm
burn the bridge behind you, leave no retreat, there's only one way home....

JasonG
04-22-09, 4:24 am
burn the bridge behind you, leave no retreat, there's only one way home....

Manowar! Fucking right! Good stuff.
Good luck Vinny, well deserved and long overdue, I'll be following and rooting for ya!

weedlewott
04-22-09, 6:25 am
16 years just means that you're that much more ahead off them all. Kill it. Hell, if you can pull of what you already have, what is there to stop you from taking it all? Not a damned thing. That's what. Do what you do.

xMATT182x
04-22-09, 8:35 am
Congrats bro, did your feet in and head for the finish. Do what you do best and we at animal will all have your back. God speed.

G Diesel
04-22-09, 9:02 am
Proud as hell of you, Vin... You've shown tremendous heart this past year and you rediscovered your passion for your life's calling. I pity the cats that step in your way. Thanks for the inspiration bro.

Peace, G

C.Coronato
04-22-09, 9:06 am
Vinny you have shown people to never give up and keep pressing forward. Many people who im sure never had the chance to meet you and shoot the shit. 16 years of competing and chasing one dream is NO JOKE. You are set now and like G said i feel bad for anyone standing up there next to you. Ill be at the NY Pro with the other fellas and im nothing short of ecstatic. Good luck brother.

Aggression
04-22-09, 9:19 am
Vinny you have shown people to never give up and keep pressing forward. Many people who im sure never had the chance to meet you and shoot the shit. 16 years of competing and chasing one dream is NO JOKE. You are set now and like G said i feel bad for anyone standing up there next to you. Ill be at the NY Pro with the other fellas and im nothing short of ecstatic. Good luck brother.

TTL nailed it on the head. Bring the rain, Vinny. I'll be there ....

Hoomgar
04-22-09, 2:51 pm
Vinny, your story is one of the top things that motivates me to keep on going despite my late start. the amount of respect I have for you and what you've accomplished cannot be contained in this post. If you had not won that pro card last year, I'd still see you as the same champion that I do now. Thats not just something nice to say, it's truth.

But...

You DID score that Pro card my man!

40+ does it matter? No! Just gettin started!

Hg

Phil800101
04-22-09, 2:52 pm
Right on bro, give em' hell!