PDA

View Full Version : changing it up for strength gains?

redskin 344
04-23-09, 8:12 pm
I know that muscle gains in size happen when you keep your body guessing on what it will have to adjust to next. Does the same thing apply for muscle strength as well when I want to do max singles?

prowrestler
04-23-09, 8:59 pm
I know that muscle gains in size happen when you keep your body guessing on what it will have to adjust to next. Does the same thing apply for muscle strength as well when I want to do max singles?

what is ur goal? to lift a heavier weight no?

u do what it takes to get ur lifts moveing. if u plateau, u find away to break it, in ANYTHING in life that applies. mass,strength,cutting,bulking, sun tanning, walking ur dog, playing ps3 or maybe even balet? i dont care wtf it is but when something stalls, there is a reason.

your goal is to find that reason and snap it in half.

u get stronger for the same reason u get bigger, adaption to outside stress.

find a solid program (5x5) and stick with it and buy into it 100% or dont fucking do it at all. thats key.

mark
04-24-09, 7:13 am

LMAO!
And here i thought you were the expert on strength gains with your extreme "Tensing" nonsense you were spewing not long ago...

Yes, you must have a program that smartly increases your strength over time if you're going to get stronger...

Max singles are best saved for the platform

strivin for more
04-24-09, 7:52 am
LMAO!
And here i thought you were the expert on strength gains with your extreme "Tensing" nonsense you were spewing not long ago...

haha lets not get into that arguement again lol...

prowrestler
04-24-09, 1:31 pm
haha lets not get into that arguement again lol...

x2..with a few hundred 0's

MrMonday
04-24-09, 4:10 pm
Well, first of all...

This:

I know that muscle gains in size happen when you keep your body guessing on what it will have to adjust to next

... isn't really correct.

Muscle size gain happens by lifting progressively heavier weights (repped to failure), and eating enough protein and calories to gain bodyweight.

And by heavier weights I don't necessarily mean in the powerlifting sense of the word, where arching your back a little more or planting your feet further under you could mean another 20lbs on your bench. I'm referring to targetted MUSCULAR strength.