PDA

View Full Version : Storm vs. Creatine Monohydrate

JeremyT
04-24-09, 1:57 am
Simply put, which one do you think would yield the best results. I am working out in the evening and going to bed fairly early due to work, so shock therapy is out for pre-workout. Pump has been amazing, but I'm looking to change it up. Would storm work for a pre-workout supp, sans the stims of shock therapy/pump, or I am good with just sticking with the basic creatine?

Thanks guys!

rev8ball
04-24-09, 3:53 am
Storm is great pre-workout. It's got a lot of great stuff in it besides Creatine. In fact, it's part of my pre-WO cocktail. But you can't go wrong with good old fashioned CM. If that's what you have now, go for it. It's cheap, and works, if you stick with Universal's German product. Others are full of crap and not very clean. You can always look to change things up next time and cycle in the Storm.

On Letting Go
04-24-09, 7:34 am
I use both storm and CM. Honestly, they both work well... to the point that i havent noticed much of a difference between them.

OLG

McFly
04-24-09, 8:30 am
I like both products. I use storm as a part of my intra workout blend and CM post workout...

I like the extras Storm has in it but you can never go wrong with CM and some sugar!!!!

I can't really say which is better but i will tell you I will always have creatine as part of my workout supplement arsenal.

Aggression
04-24-09, 9:12 am
I can't really say which is better but i will tell you I will always have creatine as part of my workout supplement arsenal.

Likewise. I prefer Storm because it has a bigger/better profile, but as long as you get some form of creatine in, you're good to go.

C.Coronato
04-24-09, 9:45 am
Amen everyone has different views and likes/dislikes. Im with McFly, on the offseason anyway, i use storm and shock/pump PRE and CM post with my Just Whey and Carb Max.

G Diesel
04-24-09, 10:52 am
Pump pre, Storm intra for right now... Sometimes Pump pre, Torrent post. I dig the creatine blends in all of these products, but at the end of the day, the most important part of the equation is that you're using some sort of creatine. When it comes down to bang for the buck and a proven track record, you can't beat plain old creatine mono.

Peace, G

Big C
04-24-09, 10:57 am
I really love Storm.....seems like I'm on it year round. Great price and a lot of servings. I'm addicted to Blue Raz now.

GJN5002
04-24-09, 12:18 pm
I love storm, whether or not one is better than the other who knows. No form of creatine, besides monohy, has any real clinical proof of being effective, so why not take a creatine that has many different varieties in one serving? Plus it works well to mask unflavored additives like leucine, bcaa's, carnintine etc

JeremyT
04-24-09, 1:01 pm
Thanks for all the replies bros! If I was to go with CM do I have to some kind of loading phase? And then go down to maintenance levels? And if I go with storm do I have to do that as well?

Should one use CM pre/post workout? Like 5g pre, 5g post?

GJN5002
04-24-09, 1:11 pm
Thanks for all the replies bros! If I was to go with CM do I have to some kind of loading phase? And then go down to maintenance levels? And if I go with storm do I have to do that as well?

Should one use CM pre/post workout? Like 5g pre, 5g post?

I do 5g of storm intra, 5 g post, none on non training days. I think its person to person. Some people load, some dont. If you want to load do it with monohyrdate simply because its cheaper. See what works for you. I dont see any difference when I load.

Wasteland
04-27-09, 1:47 pm
Storm already has creatine monohydrate in it. Therefore, Storm is logically superior.

mritter3
04-27-09, 2:16 pm
i use storm intra workout and good ol creatine mono, post with torrent, and on off days i use mono.