PDA

View Full Version : Bulking Diet and Triglycerides

Rugger84
04-24-09, 12:06 pm
Does a bulking dies lead to increased Triglycerides?

Also, if you have previously been advised by a doctor that your Triglycerides reading was a bit high, how does a person who wants to bulk get around this?

Thanks.

GJN5002
04-24-09, 12:14 pm
Does a bulking dies lead to increased Triglycerides?

Also, if you have previously been advised by a doctor that your Triglycerides reading was a bit high, how does a person who wants to bulk get around this?

Thanks.

cholesterol is tricky. A lot of people will probably disagree, but Ive devoted a lot of time to the subject as I have gentically high cholesterol.

Healthy fats are the key. Keep you protein high and healthy fats high. When I bulk I will eat around 150g of fat a day. Mostly form peanut butter, nuts, olive oil, mac nut oil, salmon, beef, etc. Carbs are what contribute to bad cholesterol levels. If you really want an explanation of how I'll type it out but the long and short is that your liver has the greates effect on artery clogging cholesterol levels.

Keep your carbs moderate and learn to time them properly. Oats, yams, rice, you know all the good carbs, tons of green veggies, lots of healthy fat, and good clena protein and you will be solid. Limit cheat meals and crap food. SOme people use bulking as an excuse to eat like shit, while Im not saying I dont splurge now and then and pig out, those foods are what put you rhealth in jeopordy.

after 6 months of keto and a year of eating lots of healthy fat (yes including eggs) my cholesterol levels are all in the healthy normal range.

Nightshift
04-24-09, 12:23 pm
if I'm not mistaken, Red Yeast Rice supplements can help with high colesterol. Ask about it the next time your in a health food store.

Mattman33
05-17-09, 8:40 am
cholesterol is tricky. A lot of people will probably disagree, but Ive devoted a lot of time to the subject as I have gentically high cholesterol.

Healthy fats are the key. Keep you protein high and healthy fats high. When I bulk I will eat around 150g of fat a day. Mostly form peanut butter, nuts, olive oil, mac nut oil, salmon, beef, etc. Carbs are what contribute to bad cholesterol levels. If you really want an explanation of how I'll type it out but the long and short is that your liver has the greates effect on artery clogging cholesterol levels.

Keep your carbs moderate and learn to time them properly. Oats, yams, rice, you know all the good carbs, tons of green veggies, lots of healthy fat, and good clena protein and you will be solid. Limit cheat meals and crap food. SOme people use bulking as an excuse to eat like shit, while Im not saying I dont splurge now and then and pig out, those foods are what put you rhealth in jeopordy.

after 6 months of keto and a year of eating lots of healthy fat (yes including eggs) my cholesterol levels are all in the healthy normal range.

i wondered if you just had a problem with the total cholesterol number or if it included your hdl and ldl numbers. i too have genetic issues, but my total is only 160. my hdl is very low, and my ldl is very high.

i am just struggling to get these numbers back where they should be and would love any advice.

GJN5002
05-17-09, 5:44 pm
i wondered if you just had a problem with the total cholesterol number or if it included your hdl and ldl numbers. i too have genetic issues, but my total is only 160. my hdl is very low, and my ldl is very high.

i am just struggling to get these numbers back where they should be and would love any advice.

my total is 190 which is in the higher end of the normal range. I think 'normal' ends at 205. My HDL is high though. There are many other factors to consider when looking at cholesterol. By eating right, excercising, not smoking, and avoiding saturated fat, I think you can remain perfectly healthy with higher than normal cholesterol.

Mattman33
05-17-09, 6:53 pm
my total is 190 which is in the higher end of the normal range. I think 'normal' ends at 205. My HDL is high though. There are many other factors to consider when looking at cholesterol. By eating right, excercising, not smoking, and avoiding saturated fat, I think you can remain perfectly healthy with higher than normal cholesterol.

thanks for the quick reply

redskin 344
05-17-09, 7:13 pm
Fish oil is one of the few substances proven to significantly reduce trigycerides.