PDA

View Full Version : Something I am not looking forward too....

Serpiente-6509
04-26-09, 11:15 am
I am leaving the country for about two weeks to go overseas. No gym. That is my main concern. I tell my friends here that I am going to miss it and that the first thing I do when I get back is get back to the weights. They just say, "Shut up with that will ya?" These guys just don't understand that-they don't understand what I am striving for.
I know there will always be someone bigger, more hardcore, and stronger than me but this is not about beating them. This is my own personal struggle to improve myself and prove that I can do this.

BigChrisF
04-28-09, 7:29 pm
Two weeks won't hurt. Just train really hard before you go and the 2 weeks will give your body a good rest for when you get back.

Survivor831
04-28-09, 7:43 pm
Absolutely Bro. Keep your head up. We have all had to take some time off one time or another. Just know that when you come back and start again, you are going to be twice as big as you were before!

Liftbig21
04-28-09, 7:54 pm
eat clean take nitro...it will preserve your muscle

mjsef88
04-28-09, 7:58 pm
"shut up with that, will ya?"

You're 20. 2 weeks off will not hurt you, hell, it may even help you. When was the last time you had a break? I get the mental struggle, no doubt. A little R & R never hurt anybody.

Have a safe trip, and don't worry, the weights will be there when you get back.

Moe Hawk
04-30-09, 3:06 am
I agree with a few posters. Just take some time off. Sometimes you NEED a break from the gym and it's good to get away from it for a bit. You will actually come back stronger because you will be rested. Just make sure to eat enough protein and take your vitamins and minerals lol.

If you really want to maintain what you got, do some improvisation like bodyweight workouts i.e. push-ups, clap pushups, dips, chins and pulls, bodyweight squats, jump squats, burpees, handstands, back bridges, even wrestle with some people you know.

Carpe Diem P.T
04-30-09, 3:46 am
as the last poster mentioned - people have trained for centuries with what mother nature gave them. Its not hard to find some form of park and utilise it.

xMATT182x
05-03-09, 1:58 am
I am leaving the country for about two weeks to go overseas. No gym. That is my main concern. I tell my friends here that I am going to miss it and that the first thing I do when I get back is get back to the weights. They just say, "Shut up with that will ya?" These guys just don't understand that-they don't understand what I am striving for.
I know there will always be someone bigger, more hardcore, and stronger than me but this is not about beating them. This is my own personal struggle to improve myself and prove that I can do this.

Just hang in there and get some much needed rest big guy. I know it will make you super antsy in your pantsy cuz I know it would for me. Take the R and R and regroup. Safe trip dude.