PDA

View Full Version : Students: Why, What, and How

Serpiente-6509
04-29-09, 1:07 am
This thread is dedicated for us students who are leading the lives of both hard lifters and academia. Post your story, advice, and if you have problems leave them here and we'll help you out. All the best!

theharjmann
04-29-09, 4:00 am
Age 21.

I have finished 3 years of uni. All my friends who i lifted with stopped going to the gym 1 month before exams. They all believed (incliding my family) that you cant do well academically and still train. I was adamant i would prove them wrong. I didnt miss a SINGLE training day. I even trained the day before my final exams, bearing in mind that i needed 70% in my Mathematics Bachelors degree in order to seal my job!

The key???? Just study progressively throughout the year and you wont need to cram revision in at the end...easy!

Im now training to be a Chartered Accountant, so i work 9-530 and have to revise in the evenings and weekends for some of the hardest exams ive ever taken. Still havent missed a single training day.

The key??? Work consistently!

We all train consistently so if we study consistently also, our bains AND our muscles will grow!

Peace

sodapop
04-29-09, 8:06 am
Age 21.

I have finished 3 years of uni. All my friends who i lifted with stopped going to the gym 1 month before exams. They all believed (incliding my family) that you cant do well academically and still train. I was adamant i would prove them wrong. I didnt miss a SINGLE training day. I even trained the day before my final exams, bearing in mind that i needed 70% in my Mathematics Bachelors degree in order to seal my job!

The key???? Just study progressively throughout the year and you wont need to cram revision in at the end...easy!

Im now training to be a Chartered Accountant, so i work 9-530 and have to revise in the evenings and weekends for some of the hardest exams ive ever taken. Still havent missed a single training day.

The key??? Work consistently!

We all train consistently so if we study consistently also, our bains AND our muscles will grow!

Peace

Good post.

I think, if anything, training will help you in school if you know how to balance it. Working out will keep you healthy, which will help keep your mind focused, in my opinion.

dude1533
04-30-09, 8:56 am
I'm nineteen and a sophomore at college. I think one of the tougher things with training hard at school is the university facilities. Of course I appreciate being able to go a gym without paying, and there hours are pretty good as well. My problem comes with the equipment and some of the regulations. There are only two power racks for 17,000 students, it seems absurd to me. But if you try to work deadlift or rows outside of the rack you get in trouble. These are pretty minor inconveinces compared to the ultimate problem, music selection! Its hard to psych up and pull 400 pounds when fall out boy or justin timberlake is pumping through the speakers, drives me nuts. All in All though I can't complain you just gotta work above the fray