PDA

View Full Version : Recovery - Any suggested products?

Tifferzzz
04-29-09, 4:35 pm
This week I've focused primarily on my weaknesses since I have a comp coming up in a little more than a month. First day - chest, back and shoulders - second day - legs...

Third day - Can't move.

Lats, Quads, and every tendon in my body is yelling at me. I have a pre-workout shake before I work out, and a post workout shake immediately after, which I've also been told should help with recovery. It's been a LONG time since I've been this sore.

Okay, so - question - is there a product that can increase recovery time, and reduce....pain? I currently have Pak, Flex, Omega, Pump, Nitro. That's my current 'stock.' Is there anything that Animal makes that can help with this?

Aggression
04-29-09, 4:43 pm
This week I've focused primarily on my weaknesses since I have a comp coming up in a little more than a month. First day - chest, back and shoulders - second day - legs...

Third day - Can't move.

Lats, Quads, and every tendon in my body is yelling at me. I have a pre-workout shake before I work out, and a post workout shake immediately after, which I've also been told should help with recovery. It's been a LONG time since I've been this sore.

Okay, so - question - is there a product that can increase recovery time, and reduce....pain? I currently have Pak, Flex, Omega, Pump, Nitro. That's my current 'stock.' Is there anything that Animal makes that can help with this?

Glutamine is your answer. It definitely helps with recovery and cell volumization

JUGGERNAUT
04-29-09, 4:49 pm
Glutamine is your answer. It definitely helps with recovery and cell volumization

Yup, great call A! I also like my EAA's after training and a very low key product before I go to sleep.... GH STACK by Universal.

Gambit
04-29-09, 4:53 pm
Yup, great call A! I also like my EAA's after training and a very low key product before I go to sleep.... GH STACK by Universal.

These are my staples. I drink EAA Nitro typically during my workout with a scoop of GH Stack mixed in; and then I'll drink a scoop of GH Stack with my ZMA Pro before I turn in for the night.

JUGGERNAUT
04-29-09, 4:58 pm
These are my staples. I drink EAA Nitro typically during my workout with a scoop of GH Stack mixed in; and then I'll drink a scoop of GH Stack with my ZMA Pro before I turn in for the night.

That is heavy duty, awesome man!

MELTDOWN
04-29-09, 5:34 pm
Surprised Torrent hasn't be mentioned yet.....

Tifferzzz
04-29-09, 6:38 pm
Couple of quick things:

1. *Ish female*
2. Not looking to gain size. Trim - perhaps - but mostly strengthening. *Ish a weightlifting competitor*
3. Since taking Animal, I've felt more...aggressive - is that normal? I lift like a guy, I supplement and eat like a guy, but when it comes to feeling like a guy - well...you get the idea.

calcaneous
04-29-09, 7:03 pm
1) get enough protein
2) stretch
3) get enough sleep
4) profit?

Survivor831
04-29-09, 9:43 pm
Plenty of sleep and plenty of Aminos. When I am cutting, I always have plenty of Aminos along with extra glutamine-15-20 grams a day!

mundal
04-30-09, 2:43 am

you have glutamine in pak..... of course a lot of rest (sleep) good quality food and a lot of water....... of course your recovery time depends on your body ability to regenerate....

ghost
04-30-09, 8:24 am
tiff, pick up some EAA stack from Universal and some Beta Ala9. both are phenominal in recovery.. other than that.. Time, rest, and stretching.

Aggression
04-30-09, 8:54 am
you have glutamine in pak..... of course a lot of rest (sleep) good quality food and a lot of water....... of course your recovery time depends on your body ability to regenerate....

There is glutamine in pack, yes, but not a great amount. Supplementing with a stand-alone glutamine product would definitely help. A few 5g servings per day would definitely help. Torrent is another good option, as well as EAA Nitro/Stak. Plenty of ways to go here ...

Wasteland
05-01-09, 9:52 am
Carbs, no carbs?

krazyassmexican
05-01-09, 10:11 am
waxy maize and whey protein isolate, save your money and dont buy glutamine
the studies that proof glutamine aids recovery were done with inyectable glutamine

rev8ball
05-01-09, 12:37 pm
Good stuff.
Also, check out post #25.....

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=14062&page=2&highlight=confessional

Tifferzzz
05-01-09, 1:19 pm
Excellent guys - thanks! I will def. look into / order EAA. Aside from what I've listed, I'm not taking anything else. I'm a 'fast oxidizer' so I have to be careful with carbs - but I do get a good solid amount of protein. Stretching is definitely something I have to increase. For protein, I use VP2 - the Hydrolized protein. Anything else (regular soy, whey, etc) Completely slows me down. VP2 is the only protein that doesn't bring me to a screeching halt to try to digest.