PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new protein

On Letting Go
04-30-09, 9:42 am
Bros,

Im currently revamping my supplement stack. Im buying Animal Max to take pre/post workout but i want another protein to take at all other times during the day. Looking for something with sustained release, preferably a whey/casein mix. Not looking for a gainer, so dont suggest real gains. Has to be Low fat/low carb. Lemme hear what you guys think.

Thanks

OnLettingGo

Aggression
04-30-09, 9:55 am
Check out Milk&Egg Protein. Its a solid formula. Maybe not the best tasting out there, but throw a few other things into the mix and its good. I use it occasionally pre-bed.

On Letting Go
04-30-09, 10:03 am
Check out Milk&Egg Protein. Its a solid formula. Maybe not the best tasting out there, but throw a few other things into the mix and its good. I use it occasionally pre-bed.

I've seen Milk & Egg around and i agree that the formula looks to be solid. Cant beat egg protein. Plus its affordable.

When you say thats its 'not the best tasting' do you mean it tastes like ass, or that its tolerable and just below average in that department? That being said, i can tolerate prettymuch anything, im just wondering if its going to be 'enjoyable' or not.

Hows mixability? I will primarily be mixing it in a shaker cup with water.

OLG

noend
04-30-09, 10:15 am
specialized protein for lean mass <2g carbs 110 calories.

Aggression
04-30-09, 10:18 am
I've seen Milk & Egg around and i agree that the formula looks to be solid. Cant beat egg protein. Plus its affordable.

When you say thats its 'not the best tasting' do you mean it tastes like ass, or that its tolerable and just below average in that department? That being said, i can tolerate prettymuch anything, im just wondering if its going to be 'enjoyable' or not.

Hows mixability? I will primarily be mixing it in a shaker cup with water.

OLG

I'll say this, you won't enjoy drinking it. But, you say you can tolerate pretty much anything. That's how I am. I know how good the formula is, so I just down it without concern. Too good of a formula to worry about taste IMO. To me, taste comes secondary to formula/ingredients. Always has, always will.

That's a solid option, and greatly overlooked when it comes to solid products.

McFly
04-30-09, 10:24 am
just curious, why are you looking for something that offers "sustained release" is it for you night time shake only?

I use Ultra-iso whey for all of my shakes...in between meals, and around my workout.

C.Coronato
04-30-09, 10:31 am
I like Just Whey. Great taste and mixability too.

On Letting Go
04-30-09, 10:38 am

I've looked into this protein, but the vendor that i order from (DPS) doesnt carry it. Trying to keep everything on one order.

I'll say this, you won't enjoy drinking it. But, you say you can tolerate pretty much anything. That's how I am. I know how good the formula is, so I just down it without concern. Too good of a formula to worry about taste IMO. To me, taste comes secondary to formula/ingredients. Always has, always will.

Thanks for the honest reply. Milk&Egg is lookin like the appropriate choice for me. You negelected to mention mixability though. Any comments?

just curious, why are you looking for something that offers "sustained release" is it for you night time shake only?

I use Ultra-iso whey for all of my shakes...in between meals, and around my workout.

Im looking for a slower digesting protein to use any time other than post-workout. Reason being, sustained release of aminos is better suited for normal daily meals, whereas the fast absorbtion of whey is ideal to use around a workout when the demand for nutrients is higher.

I like Just Whey. Great taste and mixability too.

I agree that whey has great taste and mixability, which is why im going to be using Animal Max post-workout. I think a slower digesting source of protein will be ideal for my other daily meals.

OnLettingGo

Aggression
04-30-09, 10:40 am
Thanks for the honest reply. Milk&Egg is lookin like the appropriate choice for me. You negelected to mention mixability though. Any comments?

Actually, the mixability is great. I've never had a problem with it. I've used both milk/water and with each, there is no problems when it comes to clumps/etc.

On Letting Go
04-30-09, 10:50 am
Actually, the mixability is great. I've never had a problem with it. I've used both milk/water and with each, there is no problems when it comes to clumps/etc.

Another plus for Milk&Egg. Have you tried both the chocolate and vanilla? Recommend one over the other?

OLG

Aggression
04-30-09, 10:51 am
Another plus for Milk&Egg. Have you tried both the chocolate and vanilla? Recommend one over the other?

OLG

I've only used the Chocolate. It's not a very strong flavor. Like I said, its a very old school formula. Nothing fancy or special in there.

On Letting Go
04-30-09, 11:07 am
I've only used the Chocolate. It's not a very strong flavor. Like I said, its a very old school formula. Nothing fancy or special in there.

I usually prefer chocolate protein powders anyway. Adding M&E to my order now. Thanks for your help bro.

OnLettingGo

rev8ball
04-30-09, 11:14 am
I usually prefer chocolate protein powders anyway. Adding M&E to my order now. Thanks for your help bro.

OnLettingGo

I love Milk & Egg. I normally only do Choc, too. But I think that the Van is a little more tolerable.

On Letting Go
04-30-09, 11:23 am
I love Milk & Egg. I normally only do Choc, too. But I think that the Van is a little more tolerable.

Hopefully i love it too. Im gonna try chocolate first, maybe vanilla down the road.

OLG

Big C
04-30-09, 11:26 am
Right now I am digging Unversal's Specialized Protein for Lean Mass....I picked up a Dutch Chocolate and Vanilla. Both are really good IMO.

GJN5002
04-30-09, 12:22 pm
A milk protein isolate is best for throughout the day use in my opinion. I don tknow if Animal makes one or not.

Mr. Dead
04-30-09, 1:53 pm
Ultra Iso Whey... It has zero carbs, zero lactose...

On Letting Go
04-30-09, 2:09 pm
Right now I am digging Unversal's Specialized Protein for Lean Mass....I picked up a Dutch Chocolate and Vanilla. Both are really good IMO.

Protein for Lean Mass looks like an awesome product. DPS doesnt carry it though.

A milk protein isolate is best for throughout the day use in my opinion. I don tknow if Animal makes one or not.

I agree. Milk & Egg contains calcium caseinate. I also dont know if universal manufactures anything with micellar casein. If they do, i'd definitely pick some up.

Ultra Iso Whey... It has zero carbs, zero lactose...

Not looking for a whey protein. Need something with a slower absorbtion rate.

OnLettingGo

On Letting Go
05-05-09, 7:48 am
My new supp stack arrived last night...

Universal Animal Max
Universal Milk & Egg Protein
Universal Animal Pak
Universal Animal Omega
Universal Animal Flex
Universal Uni-Liver
Universal Herbal Thermostack
Green Tea ext.

So i tried Milk & Egg last night before bed, definitely some gnarly shit. But i can deal. Really looking forward to trying Animal Max post-workout today, shit smells delicious.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

OnLettingGo

Aggression
05-05-09, 10:05 am
So i tried Milk & Egg last night before bed, definitely some gnarly shit. But i can deal.

Yeah, its definitely 'gnarly'. But like i said before, it's old school, and has a great formula. I've never been one to care much about taste. If the formula is solid, I'm game. Glad to hear you feel the same.

C.Coronato
05-05-09, 10:19 am
Universal Animal Max
Universal Milk & Egg Protein
Universal Animal Pak
Universal Animal Omega
Universal Animal Flex
Universal Uni-Liver
Universal Herbal Thermostack
Green Tea ext.

Nice!

On Letting Go
05-05-09, 12:31 pm
But like i said before, it's old school, and has a great formula. I've never been one to care much about taste. If the formula is solid, I'm game.

Damn straight.

Nice!

Yea buddy.

OLG

Hoomgar
05-05-09, 12:49 pm
Looking for something with sustained release, preferably a whey/casein mix. Not looking for a gainer, so dont suggest real gains. Has to be Low fat/low carb. Lemme hear what you guys think.

Thanks

OnLettingGo

You just described "Specialized Protein For Lean Mass" almost verbatim. Read the label, this is the stuff you are looking for based on what you've said.

http://www.universalnutrition.com/store/html/product.cfm?id=111

Hg