PDA

View Full Version : Burpies?

djzack
05-02-09, 10:01 pm
hey, so I saw this video on youtube, and I wanted to know your opinion on this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46VoSA-9Xd8

NickSP
05-02-09, 10:22 pm
It's an up-down, something maybe football players do for conditioning or warm up, not exactly a bodybuilding movement for hypertrophy. Kind of a cardio/endurance thing.

rocky36
05-02-09, 11:05 pm
we did something simalar in football. not exactly the same but it does get your heart rate up quickly, its a good warm up for intense cardio.

Sho
05-03-09, 3:49 am
mike rowe is the man

strivin for more
05-03-09, 1:16 pm
hahahhaha! the last part, he goes: "now this is purely optional, but inbetween sets, i like to go to the bathroom and vomit." lmao

J Wong
05-03-09, 1:17 pm
Great conditioning tool

djzack
05-03-09, 5:18 pm
well, although in the past I was more motivated and used to go to the gym, now I don't have the time to go really, but I'm really like waaaaay too skinny, it's scary lol. so I saw this, and he said that this guy got bigger, so I wanted to know if you guys think it'll work. I did it on Friday, and I'm still sore (then again, I don't eat how I should anymore, but that's changing I'm starting a new diet which will hopefully make me get some mass on my body) I used to eat anything and everything in sight (kosher only because I'm Jewish lol) but yeah, fatty foods, protein-rich, anything. but no results, somebody told me it's because I eat everything spicy, and that since I put a ton of spices on everything, it speeds up my already fast metabolism. For the next month I'm going to try and cut down, while also trying to do this workout, hopefully I'll see results, but I want to know if you guys think it'll work before I even try it.

loligagger
05-03-09, 6:55 pm
good if you dont have a good track to sprint for HIIT. do burpees for your "sprint" portion(what i did when running outside wasn't an option), and punched the bag for the "jog".