PDA

View Full Version : StateChamps10's Journey

TheGreatWhite
05-03-09, 1:32 pm
After being hired in February at my college's gym as a trainer, I've had the chance to meet a lot of people who take lifting as serious as me. They've been able to offer up some great tips, as I know that I do not know everything.

One of the guys I met just competed in his 3rd NPC show here in Evansville in March, and did well. I got to talking to him and a guy he trains with, and they asked me if I had ever thought about doing any shows. I had thought about it, but I started becoming more and more interested as the days went on. So, I decided to go ahead and enter a show here in Evansville on August 1st.

Now, roughly 12 weeks out of competition, Im in my 2nd week of a cutting phase. I'm 5'9, 171 pounds (down from 180) and have 11% BF. I've never done a hard cut before. I've always kept on quality size for sports in high school, but no longer am I playing football. I lost that competitive edge, and I'm almost done with my freshman year of college (I'm having a lot of withdrawls haha).

I just purchased some more Pak yesterday, along with a can of Cuts. Now, a lot of people wouldn't recomend cutting hard until about 8 weeks out from what I hear, but I know my body better, and it's a bitch trying to cut weight. I had to do it for track, definately sucked, and it really wasn't even that much of one. But, I think I'm doing fine with my cut thus far. Here's how the diet looks, along with the training.

Meal #1-20g Whey Isolate, Animal Cuts
Meal #2-1 cup oatmeal, 8 egg whites, 30 g Whey Isolate, Animal Pak
Meal #3-10 oz. Chicken Breast, 8 oz. Sweet Potato
Meal #4-(Pre Workout) 16 oz. Gatorade w/ Animal Cuts
Meal #5-(Post Workout) 40 g Whey Isolate, Animal Pak
Meal #6-12 oz. Tilapia/Salmon, 1-1/2 cup broccoli, Omega-3 capsul
Meal #7-1 cup low-fat cottage cheese, 8 oz. chicken breast, 30 g Whey Isolate
****I get at least a gallon of water in per day, if not more.

So far, so good. I do cardio every morning for about 45 minutes, except on Wednesdays. That's leg day. Here's my training split.

Monday-Cardio @ 6:00 a.m., Chest @ 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday-Cardio @ 6:00 a.m., Back @ 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday-Legs @ 4:30 p.m.
Thursday-Cardio @ 6:00 a.m., Shoulders @ 5:00 p.m.
Friday-Cardio @ 6:00 am
Saturday-Cardio @ 10:00 a.m. (gym opens at 10 on saturdays), Arms at 2:30 p.m.
Sunday-Cardio @ 5:00 p.m.

I feel like this is working, I've already lost 9 lbs. and have kept it off so far. Just gotta keep my head on straight.

The other morning I woke up and saw my alarm clock. It read "5:14 am" and I go "damnit...". I was beat after finishing papers for school and studying all night for the dreaded finals week. But, I saw that my laptop was still on, and I had the article up from Animalpak.com that was titled "You ain't Hardcore". I read it at 5:20 am, and promptly got my ass out of bed and smoked the treadmill. I love this website. It's refreshing to see people who want a break from the norm. Keep up the good work with the website and the Paks, and I'll keep putting in my work with the iron. Send me some feedback about anything if you happen to read this. I'll keep everyone posted.

Train hard & train often,

StateChamps10

TheGreatWhite
05-05-09, 2:01 pm
Hey guys, hope everyone's doing well.

So, cardio was bright and early yesterday and today at 6 a.m. I got little sleep the past 2 days though. Finals are here and I'm doing everything I can to keep a 3.0 or better this semester. Anyway, hit the treadmill for 45 minutes each morning, and yesterday was chest day. It went a little something like this....

Smith Machine Incline Press
-1 x 15, 1 x 10, 3 x 5 @ 225lbs. , 235 lbs., 245 lbs.
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
-4 x 12, last set was a triple dropset
Flat Dumbbell Bench Press
-4 x 12, last set was a triple dropset
Flat Bench Dumbbell Flies
-4 x 12
Pec Dec
-4 x 12
High & Low Cables Superset
3 x 15 on each

I hit my cardio nicely this morning, and I'll be back in the weight room at 5 o'clock to hit back today, but first I've got 2 finals before hand. I'll post back this evening.

StateChamps10

C.Coronato
05-05-09, 2:04 pm
Looking good so far brother. Keep up the good work.

TheGreatWhite
05-05-09, 11:56 pm
Well, I had a quick day at work, only 2 training sessions and then it was my time to tear the walls down. I hit back tonight, here's how it went down.....

T-Bar Row
-5 x 12

Standing Barbell Row
-4 x 12

Lat Pull-Down
-4 x 10

Seated Cable Row
-4 x 12, 10, 8, 6

One-Arm Dumbbell Bent Over Row
-3 x 12

Weighted Pull-Ups
-4 x 8

Supinating Dumbbell Rows
-4 x 15

My back is toast as of now. It's 10:45 and I'm heading back up to the library on campus and get ready for my psychology final at 1:00 pm tomorrow....thank god the place is open til' 2 am. I'll be burning the midnight oil yet again. Legs tomorrow....it should be interesting.

StateChamps10

TheGreatWhite
05-06-09, 3:29 pm
Hey guys, hope you are all doing well. I jsut got out of my 5th final for the week....5 down and 1 more to go, 8 am Friday and then hello summer break!

As of now I'm putting together my pre-workout meal, gonna hit the gym around 3:00 or 3:30, depending on when i get a few other things finished. I've lost another pound, and I'm sitting pretty at 170 lbs. My weight class for my show in August is 150-165, so I think I'm right on track. BF% is down to 10%, just checked this morning when I woke up.

Well, like the title says, it's leg day...it'll go a little something like this:

Front Squats
-4 x 5

Leg Press
-4 X 15

Walking Barbell Lunges @ 135 lbs.
-4 x 15

Quad Extensions
-4 x 12, last set is a dropset all the way down the rack

Hamstring Curls
-4 x 12

Weighted Hyper Extensions
-4 x 10

Standing Calves
-4 x 30

I'm about to sit down to eat. I'll post back tonight, that is, if I can walk back to my car from the gym haha!

StateChamps10

TheGreatWhite
05-06-09, 8:32 pm
Well, got to the gym, felt great warming up, was ready to destroy my legs....

First warm up set of squats, felt good, nothing wrong. Second warm up set hit, and i felt a sharp, quick pain up around my ham/glute tie-in....it didn't feel good then and it doesnt feel the best right now, so I'm prolly taking the rest of this week off from lifting just to be safe, but now I'm afraid I'll lose too much time before my show.....but for now I'm resting...

StateChamps10

TheGreatWhite
05-09-09, 9:29 pm
Hey guys, hope everyone is doing great. Big shout out to Treetrunklegs, good luck next saturday!

So, I went to teh downtown YMCA to hit arms with two of my best friends who jsut came home from college. Boy was it intense. We had an hour and twenty minutes to get some work done, and did we ever. Here's how it went:

Standing Barbell Curls
-2 x 10, 1 x 8, 1 x 4

Standing Dumbbell Hammer Curls
-3 x 12, 1 x triple dropset

Machine Preacher Curls
-4 x 15

Rope Pressdowns
-4 x 10

Skull Crushers
-2 x 12, 2 x 6-8

Straight Bar Pressdowns
-4 x 15

It was nice to hit the weights with guys who have no interest in competing, but love to toss some weight around. These guys are the ones who pushed me, and the ones I pushed when we were in high school. We tore the walls down in that place, it was like a breath of fresh air. I'm currently about to get my Iron Chef on and cook up something good. I'll get at you guys tomorrow!

StateChamps10

TheGreatWhite
05-10-09, 9:04 pm
Whats good FORVM?

I hope everyone's having a nice Mother's Day. It happened to be quite nice in my neighborhood this morning, so I decided to test my hammy out and do some running, and everything felt perfectly fine. So, I'm going to get back into legs on Wednesday, probably do more isolation work than compound movements.

We're opening up our new section tomorrow at work. USI jsut added on a 9.1 million dollar addition to the recreation center,a nd man is it ever kick ass. It's much better than a lot of the gyms around Evansville, I would say. Anyways, just thought I'd check back in and see how everyone's doing. I'm heading to bed, got apointments starting at 6 am to noon, then it's my time. I'll get back with you guys tomorrow.

StateChamps10

TheGreatWhite
05-11-09, 5:47 pm
Hey guys, hope everyone's having a great Monday!

Got back in the weight room this afternoon after work. We opened up our new 9.1 mil facility, and the university spent it rather nicely. Got some chest in, here's a break down of what happened:

Flat DB Bench
-1 x 10, 1 x 8, 1 x 6, 1 x 4

Incline DB Bench
-3 x 10, 1 x triple dropset

Flat DB Flies
-4 x 10

Seated Pec Deck
-4 x 12

Cable Cross-Overs
-4 x 12

Since I have to work so early, I can't get cardio in as early as I'd like, so I'll start doing it later in the day/evening. I'm about to head up and get it going once again. Take it easy every body.

StateChamps10

TheGreatWhite
05-13-09, 10:28 pm
Hey guys, hope everyone's doing great!

I got busy with work and shit, so I apologize for not posting anything.

I'm sitting at 168 lbs. right now, 3 lbs. away from my weight class, so not bad for 10 weeks out I'd say! Body fat is down to 9% which is right where I want to be right about now, but I'm still holding a lot of water. Tuesday's workout was rough, as well was today's. They went a little something like this:

Tuesday: Back
-Barbell Rows
4 x 12

-T-Bar Rows
4 x 12

-Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns
4 x 12

-One Arm Dumbbell Rows
4 x 14

-Neutral Grip Lat Pulldowns
4 x 10

-Behind the Back Barbell Shrugs
4 x 5

-Rear Delt Dumbbell Flies
-4 x 10

Wednesday: Shoulders
-Military DB Press
10,8,6,4 pyramid

-Arnold Presses
3 x 10 + 8 forced military reps

-Smith Machine Uright Rows
4 x 12

-DB Front Raises
4 x 10

-DB Side Raises
4 x 10

Lifts are still up, carbs are coming down. I've noticed a change in my energy levels, but no biggy, just deal with it. Have a great week guys. I'm heading to bed, work at 5:30 am....

StateChamps10

TheGreatWhite
05-15-09, 11:03 am
What's up everyone?

I just got home from working this morning. I did my cardio from 5:40 to 6:20, there wasn't a soul in the gym this morning. I'm taking today, tomorrow and sunday off to rest my body, god knows it needs it! Anyways, I hit arms yesterday to round out my week, and it went a little something like this:

Standing Barbell Curl
-2 x 7, 2 x 4, 1 x 20

Alternating DB Hammer Curl
-4 x 10

EZ-Bar 21's
-4 x 21

Machine Preacher Curls
-4 x 12

Rope Pressdowns
-4 x 12

Skull Crushers
-4 x 6

Smith Machine Close-grip Bench Press
4 x 12

Straight Bar Pressdowns
-4 x 15

So far I'm still on target for my show, pending my hammy is still in good shape. It feels fine right now, but we'll see in the next week or two. I hope everyone has a great weekend, and I'll post back soon.

StateChamps10

C.Coronato
05-15-09, 11:07 am
Keeping strong and looking good. Keep it up homie.

TheGreatWhite
05-25-09, 2:38 pm
Hey guys, hope everyone's having a great Memorial Day!

I haven't had much time to get on ehre as often as I'd like to, jsut got busy with a second job for the evenings and working in the AM then training, shit just got a little hectic. Training has been goin strong though, but I'm starting to feel the effects of carb cutting, and it blows to say the least. But, it'll be worth it. I'm sitting at 168 right now, 3 more pounds to go to get into my weight class, so it shouldnt be a problem. I'll keep everyone posted tomorrow after my lift.

StateChamps10

TheGreatWhite
05-28-09, 4:53 pm
What's up FORVM?

Had a rough past few days....landed myself in the ER because of a big thing of trapped gas found its way up into my upper abs...only way to get rid of it was to throw up just about everything I had eaten from 4 am to 2:30 pm....yesterday was a fucking wreck, but I still managed to get out of the ER around 6 to make it to my crossfit workout by 7:15....

Anyways, I'm about to head to hit shoulders at 5, then its up to my old high school with some guys from work to do some crossfit....I think doing this will help make up some ground on the 2 weeks of cardio that I lost...for those of you who haven't tried this, I suggest you do. It's a bitch haha. Anyways, I'll get back on here before bed tonight and post again.

StateChamps10

TheGreatWhite
06-07-09, 12:11 am
Well, been having a few unfortunate things happen the last 2 or 3 weeks.....doctors think I have a peptic ulcer.....7 weeks out and I'll miss up to 3 or 4 weeks of training, and that's way too much time to lose at this point, so things aren't looking too good for my show in August. My health is coming first and foremost, so I'm thinking about just doing the one next year. Pisses me off, I've come so far and to have some shit that I can't control stop it right in it's tracks. Oh well, just gotta swallow it and press on. I'll keep in touch through here!

StateChamps10