PDA

View Full Version : My Journey

bigweights74
05-04-09, 9:47 am
Just started out a few months ago trying to cut up right now.

I hate it I don't like cardio and watching what I eat!!!! I would rather eat whatever whenever.....

Looks a little like this......

Brakfast- 6 eggs 1/2 cup oats plain maybe protein powder

Snack- Protein Shake

Lunch- Chicken breast, rice, and cottage cheese or veggies

Snack-1 can tuna on wheat bread and cottage cheese

post workout- protein bar and creatine

Dinner- Steak or chicken, rice and veggies or baked potato

any tips would help I have been losing about 2lbs weekly unless I just really kill cardio in that case I lose from 4-5lbs weekly I'm trying to get down to 200-205 then going to bulk back up but do it clean this time.

I will post my work out later in the week

C.Coronato
05-04-09, 10:59 am
Just started out a few months ago trying to cut up right now.

I hate it I don't like cardio and watching what I eat!!!! I would rather eat whatever whenever.....

Looks a little like this......

Brakfast- 6 eggs 1/2 cup oats plain maybe protein powder

Snack- Protein Shake

Lunch- Chicken breast, rice, and cottage cheese or veggies

Snack-1 can tuna on wheat bread and cottage cheese

post workout- protein bar and creatine

Dinner- Steak or chicken, rice and veggies or baked potato

any tips would help I have been losing about 2lbs weekly unless I just really kill cardio in that case I lose from 4-5lbs weekly I'm trying to get down to 200-205 then going to bulk back up but do it clean this time.

I will post my work out later in the week

Looking good brother. Here is a few tips .. If your cutting i would try sticking with mostly whole foods. Your body recognizes it better and your metabolism hits it harder. Many bars are very high in calories. Baked potatoes are fast releasing carbs and certainly shouldn't be eaten before bed, i would use all brown rice, oats, and sweet potatoes for your carbs. Also if your losing 4-5 lbs a week, that's not so healthy. Shoot for 1.5-2 and you wont be loosing muscle mass. Hope that helps some brother.

bigweights74
05-04-09, 3:50 pm
thanks bro yeah im not big at all on sweet potatoes but sometimes can choke them down. I eat a shit load of rice it seems like but I guess I'll stick with that before bed. The only time I lose 4-5 lbs is when I hit cardio everyday about 30-45 min a day and I'm only hitting the weights right now mon-wed-fri. mon. chest- tris tues-cardio-wed.biceps and back, thurs.-cardio,fri-legs and shoulders and weekends both days cardio what do you guys think

bigweights74
05-05-09, 12:06 pm
Mon-chest and tris
had a good workout tried a few more supps for my pump

Decline Bench-4x12-15 dumbells

Inlcine DB press-3x12-15

Flat DB press-3x12-15

Tricep Press Down-4x12-15 with rope

Machine Press down-3x12-15

One arm reverse tricep ext.-3x12-15

Abs

30 min cardio

Not a bad workout I didn't have a whole lot of energy today since I am still cutting but I am seeing results hopefully just got a little big longer to go and then I can start eating like I want to again

bigweights74
05-24-09, 5:58 pm
Ok well I have been off for a bit now. I started a new job and for some reason just haven't had energy to do shit. I know I need to get back in and bust my ass to make my weight just for some reason having a hard time getting motivated. I plan to get started Tues. after the fuckin holiday is over. I just have to get my ass in gear and start moving some weight again and I think I will get the fire back. Being stressed sucks and I have been for a while now but I promise to get my ass back in gear and make my weight. peace

bigweights74
08-14-09, 10:50 pm
Ok well I have got my gym now I think. I have been working on getting an abc going here in ks. I have had some trouble in getting my workouts in and the food if you have read any of my other posts. I think I have it all together I got the the tractor tire one is 300lbs which is my flipping tire and the other is 400+ lbs which will be my sledge hammer tire. I am getting rail road ties tomorrow and they are 200lbs a peice so I am thinking about getting 3 or 4 of them. I will be setting up a squat rack type deal but just two post to hold the tie. I will cut some up for different weights and workouts. I will be doing Mon, Wed, Fri weight workout and Tues, Thurs, Sun cardio workout only. I hope to keep good on this one since I have been out of the loop for a little bit. I promise to keep this up to date and keep the animal in me going and going. Im out for now peace.

bigweights74
08-15-09, 1:07 pm
Ok so far today it's starting off good.

Off work but watchin the two kids which is cool don't get to spend alot of time with them so some good one on one time.

Breakfast-6 egg whites with fat free cheese, 1 cup oats in water.

Snack-Protein Shake

Lunch-1 peice wheat bread with fat free mayo 2 slices deli style turkey fat free cheese and 1/2 cup mixed veggies.

also I am going to try and get my squat rack built along with a bench press. its gonna be hard to do this as far as what i have to work with but i believe i can do it and make the best of it.

Necromatrix
08-15-09, 1:33 pm
An old school, home-made gym, outstanding. And you get to make it yourself? Throw in a punching bag made from an old burlap sack and I would never leave. -grins-

Good luck with the construction. Just think, the sooner it is built, the sooner you can "destroy" it with your sets.

bigweights74
08-15-09, 5:24 pm
An old school, home-made gym, outstanding. And you get to make it yourself? Throw in a punching bag made from an old burlap sack and I would never leave. -grins-

Good luck with the construction. Just think, the sooner it is built, the sooner you can "destroy" it with your sets.

Hell yeah bro thanks for the props. Not the best set up but hey it gets the job done and thats all I need.

bigweights74
08-15-09, 8:52 pm
well the rest of my day now.

snack-protein bar with handful of almonds

dinner-had sirloin steak medium rare plain sweet potato with cup veggies.

pre bed- protein shake

I really felt good today I didn't work out today but did get started on my gym. I am going to start hitting it hard Mon. Went to the grocery store today bough 2 big things of eggs and talapia also bought tuna, water, ms dash and veggies hope this is a good diet for me it doesnt contain carbs but I am trying to cut down anyway and see where I can get. I will be buying the supplements with my next paycheck so I have to wait 2 weeks which sucks but gotta do it. Pak, Cuts and Sterol Complex is what I am getting. Well gotta get back to it so peace for now.

bigweights74
08-16-09, 12:18 pm
Well today has been good so far. Still building my gym and getting ready for monday.

Brakfast-6egg whites fat free cheese

Snack-Tuna with a few wheat crackers

Lunch-probably going to be Talapia with some veggies

Snack-shake

Dinner-Hopefully sirloin with some veggies

Goals are as follows: Weight right now is 240lbs, 26% bf shooting for 200lbs with in 2-3 months really would like before but I know this takes time. I don't plan on being a competetive bodybuilder but just really want to get an athletic type body but I do want to be bigger than the average person. I think I am going to start out with more of an athletic style workout something like the 300 workout but I don't have all the stuff for that so I will change it up a bit and use what I do have. I am going to keep low carbs for now and work my way to carb cycling. I may do the low carb, and then have some high fat days in the week some time. I am really trying to get all the knowledge I can to do this right and I know it will be trial and error and that part sucks but it has to be done. Cardio will be every other day and weights the other days. Hopefully I can stick with it and make it happen. peace

bigweights74
08-16-09, 9:46 pm
Well followed my diet so far. I am going to switch to just eggs, talapia, and tuna (white albacore) I don't know if I should be cutting out carbs so much but it's what I am going to try for now and see where it takes me. I just want to cut down as much as possible then follow that with a clean bulk. I have never really got down to a good weight for me as far as having fat on me. I am going to take probably 16 week cut and that should get me good I hope anyway.

bigweights74
08-17-09, 8:58 pm
Well today was another good day for the diet anyway

Breakfast- 6 egg whites

Snack- Protein Bar

Lunch- 8oz Talapia

Snack- 8ozTalapia

Dinner-6 egg whites

Last meal was at 7 not sure if I am going to eat again but we will see how it goes also drank 1 gallon of water. Does anyone have any advice about this diet is so feel free to let me know.

bigweights74
08-18-09, 9:20 pm
well I thinking I'm gonna have to break down and get a gym membership I just don't have all I need out here to really get a good workout like I want. I am still gonna run out here and use the tires for some things but I just think the gym will have more of what I want and need!!!

Necromatrix
08-19-09, 12:11 am
"By any means necassary."

bigweights74
08-20-09, 9:42 pm
"By any means necassary."

Got ya bro!!!!

Well I havent been on in a few days but things are still going good I guess.

Food intake has been good but no energy but got some advice from some of there verteran guys on here about my diet saying I should add some carbs in the mix I'm not sure I may see how my current diet goes and then if not good I may throw some in there!!!

Weights have been put off due to the fact that I am waiting till payday to join up with the gym!!! I have been doing some things around the house as far as curls, pushups, some shoulder work, also at work I am on my feet all day and get to lift a little bit there throw around some 50lbs bags of feed and some 80lbs bags of quikrete not much but it's an all day thing so every little bit helps. I am going to start my cardio in the mornings about 6am I think or earlier haven't decided if I am going to hit the gym in the morning or after work. We do have a treadmill here at the house I can use as well. Peace for now fellas

bigweights74
09-08-09, 9:49 pm
Ok guys I just got my cans of pak and cuts and am starting my actual cut wed.

wake up- cuts run 2 miles

7am-5 egg whites fat free cheese

10am-8oz talapia

12:30-5 egg whites fat free cheese

3:30- 8 oz talapia

6pm-5 egg whites fat free cheese

9pm- before bed either tin of tuna or 8oz talapia

I do have about one or two high carb days where I will eat oats in the morning with my eggs or like a protein pancake. Snack maybe 4oz sweet potato plain and with lunch maybe two slices of wheat bread with my eggs. I know this diet sounds a little weird with no carbs at all except the high carb days but so far it has been working for me and I really don't feel bad on this diet. Also I will be adding some carbs in there for pre and post workout but minimal on my non carb days. I am not afraid of eating carbs I am just listening to my body and so far so good.

I will be taking my weight in the morning before the run and my cuts. I will not take it again until I am done with my 3 week cycle of cuts just to see where I am and go from there. I think I will have good results I am planning on doing cardio about 2-3 times daily 30 min intervals. I actually did get the diet and cardio from Erik Fankhouser on his video on Muscular Development so I am just taking what I learn and see from the pros and adding it to my routine. peace fellas

bigweights74
09-09-09, 6:12 pm
Well I forgot to get my weight this morning before I ate and took my supps.
I will try and remember in the morning to get it so I can track my progress.

Today was my first day with the new formula of cuts and to be honest I loved it. I had so much energy and just wanted to move and do shit all day long. I am getting my membership to the gym tomorrow and I will start my actual lifting routine. I am not sure what my routine is going to look like but I think Sun. will be the start of my week so maybe something like this.

Sun.- Chest and Back and Abs

Mon.- Legs and Biceps my bi's are lacking I think so I am going to throw in two days a week for bi's

Tues.- Shoulders, Tri's, forearms and abs

Wed.- Off

Thurs.- Bi's and Back with abs back could use some work as well

Fri.- Probably ab day or off day I'm not sure

Sat.-Off

This is just an example and I'm not sure. I usually don't like to stick to one routine very long I like to mix it up.

Any advice or remarks would be helpful

bigweights74
09-09-09, 7:10 pm
Goals:

1). Get to 10% BF or lower

2). Keep the weight off

3). Compete in at least one show within in 2 years

4). Become a successfull personal trainer