PDA

View Full Version : Another New Dad on the boards!

ghost
05-05-09, 1:47 pm
Congrats to MRoush!!!

His wife gave birth today, at 1236pm Michigan time.... Madelynn is 19.5 inches long and 6 lbs 6 oz.!

CONGRATS BROTHER!!!!

Hollow
05-05-09, 3:10 pm
A huge congrats to you and your wife MRoush!!!!!!

InkdMuscle
05-05-09, 3:18 pm
Mroush CONGRATS BRO!!!!!

mjsef88
05-05-09, 9:19 pm
Another CONGRATS!!!! Bring her out to the next ABC!!! Maybe only if mom comes along to hold her while she watches daddy smash some things.

ghost
05-05-09, 9:22 pm
just got home from visiting with the Roush's... ADORABLE baby.. she is so cute, and mom and dad are so happy and doing well.

dannynb
05-05-09, 10:33 pm
Congrats!!! A daughter will def change your world.

Soldier
05-05-09, 11:57 pm
Congrats!!!!

mritter3
05-06-09, 8:22 am
congratulations on the new addition.

On Letting Go
05-06-09, 8:31 am
Congrats brother!

Phil800101
05-06-09, 1:20 pm
Congrats bro!

LegendKillerJosh
05-07-09, 12:19 am
congratulations matt!

Warvstar
05-07-09, 12:21 am
Congrats!!!!!

MRoush
05-07-09, 11:28 am
Thanks guys for all of the well-wishes! She is AWESOME!!! Mom and dad are doing well, and so is baby Madelynn. Just now starting to catch my breath!

Brief description of Monday night:

Monday night rolls around. I just had a chest and bicep workout in my basement because I got a chest cold and missed my last few sessions at my gym. So, Monday night was a workout to help keep my sanity. Fast forward to 9:15 PM. Sitting in a nice hot bathtub, my wife comes in, frantically mind you, saying that she is "leaking" (not from the normal upper locations, but the lower.) I tell her to call the doctor and after a few rounds of questions, he determins that it is her water and we should get to the hospital. We arrive at Royal Oak Beaumont (longest drive of my LIFE!) 45 minutes later and go into triage where they assess her situation...she is not going home :) We get a room in the Family Birthing Center around 11:30 PM or so, knowing at the point we are not leaving without a baby girl (3 week early, mind you). So at this point we call family and friends knowing we are not going home.

Contractions are coming every 4-5 minutes at this point. I run home around 2 am to take care of some things we didn't have a chance to when we left. Arrive back at the hospital and she is in the last stages of getting an epidural for the pain. Sometime later, conractions are coming 2-3 minutes and her dialation is progressing toward 10cm (target dialation). We continue this through out night, watching the hours tick off the clock.

Near 11 am the following morning, doctor comes in and checks her...10cm! Holy cow, not long now!! This is where she starts the "pushing" phase. Contractions are now at less than 2 minutes and are painful, even with the epidural. I helped the whole time, didn't pass out, and got to experience the miracle of life! 12:36 PM 5-5-09 she made her appearance into the world. The only hitch was the cord was wrapped around her neck so I couldn't cut it. However, I did get the surgical scissors the doctor used, so those will be a piece of memoribilia from the event.

Here are some pictures we had taken by a pro photographer that we ordered some prints from:

http://www.bellababyphotography.com/interim/

username: 0505madelynnroush
password: 0505madelynnroush

They should be up there for around 2 weeks.

Thanks again Rob for all of your help brother! Both you and Jen have proven again why you are such close friends, and wonderful people.

deanna7272
05-07-09, 11:34 am
Ahhhhh.... CONGRATS!!!! She is BEAUTIFUL!!!! The pics brought tears to my eyes, to see the happiness you are experiencing is amazing... Glad to see everyone is doing well....

CONGRATS!

ghost
05-07-09, 2:07 pm
she is absolutely gorgeous Matt, you and Elisabeth are blessed! If you need anything whatsoever, anytime day or night... let us know.

machineman
05-07-09, 2:34 pm
congrats, bro!