PDA

View Full Version : Oatmeal Cake/Very thick cookies :)

SuperFlexSteve
05-05-09, 11:57 pm
Ok, well when I started this concoction I was going for thin compacted oatmeal bars to eat on the go but I ended up with a Oatmeal Cake/Cookie that would be perfect for breakfast(or a daily serving) with a glass of milk if you wish.

3 cups Old Fashioned Oats
1/2 Cup Natural PB(Smart Balance creamy is what I used)
2 Eggs
1/2 cup Brown sugar
2 Scoops Vanilla Protein(your choice.. 22g scoops)
1/2 cup Chopped Pecans
3 tablespoon Honey
1 teaspoon Baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 Cup Water

**I believe the thick cake like texture came from the last 3 ingredients(Im not seasoned cook though.. at least not with this type of stuff). Also, I didnt add in cinnamon, but it would be a great addition to the recipe!**

Mix eggs & brown sugar together. Stir in Oats. Melt the PB to almost liquid and mix in. Add remainder of ingredients mixing each in(add the 1/2 cut water if the mixture gets to thick and to hard to mix.)

I used a 9x9 pan.. if you want thinner than 1inch pieces use a larger pan.

Preheat oven to 350, bake for approx 20mins or until a toothpick comes out clean. The top will have a golden color.

Cut into 10, approx 1inch thick pieces;
380 Calories
14g Fat
38g Carbs
11g Protein.

the mix tastes almost like honey nut cherrios!! use exactly or add in other things & ENJOY!

On Letting Go
05-06-09, 7:18 am
These sound awesome bro! Good work!

OLG

mritter3
05-06-09, 8:09 am
hey those sound pretty good, gonna have to try them out.

newbreed
06-16-09, 6:58 pm
Ok, well when I started this concoction I was going for thin compacted oatmeal bars to eat on the go but I ended up with a Oatmeal Cake/Cookie that would be perfect for breakfast(or a daily serving) with a glass of milk if you wish.

3 cups Old Fashioned Oats
1/2 Cup Natural PB(Smart Balance creamy is what I used)
2 Eggs
1/2 cup Brown sugar
2 Scoops Vanilla Protein(your choice.. 22g scoops)
1/2 cup Chopped Pecans
3 tablespoon Honey
1 teaspoon Baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 Cup Water

**I believe the thick cake like texture came from the last 3 ingredients(Im not seasoned cook though.. at least not with this type of stuff). Also, I didnt add in cinnamon, but it would be a great addition to the recipe!**

Mix eggs & brown sugar together. Stir in Oats. Melt the PB to almost liquid and mix in. Add remainder of ingredients mixing each in(add the 1/2 cut water if the mixture gets to thick and to hard to mix.)

I used a 9x9 pan.. if you want thinner than 1inch pieces use a larger pan.

Preheat oven to 350, bake for approx 20mins or until a toothpick comes out clean. The top will have a golden color.

Cut into 10, approx 1inch thick pieces;
380 Calories
14g Fat
38g Carbs
11g Protein.

the mix tastes almost like honey nut cherrios!! use exactly or add in other things & ENJOY!

Sounds like a great idea bro. Good job!