PDA

View Full Version : Tilapia and other lean protein sources

CUDA
05-07-09, 1:49 am
Chicken, lean beef and salmon, all good foods. But recently my friend turned me on to tilapia. Two different people in my office eat tilapia constantly and now I'm addicted. It really cuts you up with proper diet and exercise and is a great alternative to chicken all of the time. I can eat tilapia for breakfast, lunch and dinner if I had to.
My question is does anyone have a favorite alternative, that keeps you lean and mean (just in case I get tired of tilapia, which I don't think will happen).

krazyassmexican
05-07-09, 9:09 am
Chicken, lean beef and salmon, all good foods. But recently my friend turned me on to tilapia. Two different people in my office eat tilapia constantly and now I'm addicted. It really cuts you up with proper diet and exercise and is a great alternative to chicken all of the time. I can eat tilapia for breakfast, lunch and dinner if I had to.
My question is does anyone have a favorite alternative, that keeps you lean and mean (just in case I get tired of tilapia, which I don't think will happen).

any high quality protein would keep you lean and mean if you control your carb intake

how about some lean turkey?

naturalguy
05-07-09, 9:16 am

Tilapia is a good choice and digests real easy. I think you will get tired of it after a while, it's good to get your protein from a variety of sources. Any lean protein will do - chicken, lean red meat, turkey, fish, etc.

mritter3
05-07-09, 9:18 am
try cod, or lean beef, or gr. turkey, make sure you mix up the protein sources, or they will get stale after awhile, as long as the carb intake is down you should have no problem getting cut.

GJN5002
05-07-09, 10:36 am
I love all fish but I culd eat a pound of it and still be hungry 15 minutes later.

Paulie3576
05-08-09, 2:06 pm
If your staying with fish then after talapia, then, flounder, cod, shrimp, etc..

Also, heres a list...

http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~acrobat/nutsea-l.pdf

loligagger
05-11-09, 12:06 pm
nothing does it better for me then 95% lean ground beef.

C.Coronato
05-11-09, 12:16 pm
Tilapia is a good choice and digests real easy. I think you will get tired of it after a while, it's good to get your protein from a variety of sources. Any lean protein will do - chicken, lean red meat, turkey, fish, etc.

Thats for sure. I ate tilapia for a while and i couldnt even be near it. Ive resorted to strait grilled chicken. Im good with that.

OPSNORM
05-13-09, 9:01 am
thats my prob with fish to, i eat it and then i am hungry 2 minutes later. my wife gets pissed because how much i eat. as afr as chicken i cant touch it anymore unless its been bar b q or rotesiry( i slaughtered that word)i used to boil my chicken, ugh brings back nightmares. i am hooked on 1 paket of either the walmart chili or taco mix 58cents and 2 pounds of the 90/10 lean beef $8.50. thats 2 eals for me. mix it up with a can of drained kidney beans and brwon rice

MrMuscles22
05-13-09, 10:05 am
Tilapia is by far my favorite fish and I eat it daily for my last meal of the day. Orange roughy, cod, tuna steak, and salmon are all solid choices for fish. I used to eat chicken breast for just about every meal and now I can't stomach the shit, but I do eat it everyday for atleast one meal and it's pretty painful. I would rather eat fish over the chicken, but it gets expensive. I buy the frozen bags of invidually wrapped pieces (4oz each) from Sam's Club.

I was on Muscular Development's site a few days ago and they had a video of this guy who eats 9lbs of cod everyday during his prep! (9 meals w/ 1lb of cod each, plus 2 shakes/day). I would love to have the $$$ he spends on fish!