PDA

View Full Version : Cutting with torn ACL

TheSuperman
05-09-09, 11:52 pm
Hey what's up guys! I have been bulking for a while now and just when I was about to start cutting for summer I found out that I have a torn ACL. I have to have surgery in about 4 days and I won't be able to use my legs for at least a couple of months. I was thinking about still trying to cut (without cardio obviously) and was wondering if it was still possible. I will lower my calorie intake significantly and still work out upper body. I was thinking about stacking pump and cuts which I think may offset my lack of cardio. Is this a good idea? Please help.

TheSuperman
05-10-09, 9:00 pm
bump. anyone please help.

stumblin54
05-11-09, 12:11 am
With injuries, especially one of your magnitude, I would not recommend cutting. The nutrients you're getting in from the foods you eat are much needed to help repair the body in the most efficient way possible. A true cut is not possible without the cardio because that is what helps to create the caloric deficit that you need to shed all of the fat. You can however, tone up a bit with the method you're pondering in the original post. Train smart and eat smarter, you'll always have time to cut once you're healed.

Stumblin

GJN5002
05-11-09, 10:20 am
With injuries, especially one of your magnitude, I would not recommend cutting. The nutrients you're getting in from the foods you eat are much needed to help repair the body in the most efficient way possible. A true cut is not possible without the cardio because that is what helps to create the caloric deficit that you need to shed all of the fat. You can however, tone up a bit with the method you're pondering in the original post. Train smart and eat smarter, you'll always have time to cut once you're healed.

Stumblin

Solid advice. I had knee surgery last June after a bulk and it was hard to loose weight like I normally would. I did keto so it was a little easier to loose weight but I tried to get back on my feet to soon and prolonged my healing. Relax, eat right, train smart and dont worry about that summer six pack.