PDA

View Full Version : Four days a week, but to hit the chest and bi twice!

pilotboi
05-10-09, 1:35 am
hey guys,
i have been planning to do a routine which is 4 days a week (mon-thurs)
and this plan shall consist of hitting the chest and biceps twice as i wanna improve on those parts.
However i'm having a hard time to plan a routine on what type of workouts to perform which gives size! (especially for the chest and biceps).

So guys here is my plan on the schedule of workout,but pls give a advice on the workout to perform... thanks...

mon-chest,biceps
tue-shoulders,legs
wed-back,triceps
thur-chest,biceps

if doesn't looks a good planning, pls also do help me to edit.

Much appreciated guys!

IronWilson
05-10-09, 1:48 am
Don't do it. Your arms need less work than you think. Give your arms there own day. And make sure to do your deadlifts, bench presses, pull ups, chin ups, and shoulder presses to help build up your arms more. Your chest will do just fine with working it hard one day a week. Just keep the intensity up and you'll be golden.

A sample 4-day workout plan would look like this:

Day 1: Chest
Day 2: Back
Day 3: Legs
Day 4: Shoulders and Arms

Now I would suggest you hit the chest first in the week if you are looking to improve your chest and arms, as it is a larger muscle and the triceps are heavily involved.

A nice little technique is at the end of chest day, do a few sets of isolation tricep exercises. And at the end of back day, do a few isolation bicep exercises. So you can essentially tax those muscles, but not so much so that they would not be fresh for day 4 when you would train them. Training them twice in a week will not help to grow them. All that will happen is you will end up with an imbalanced physique.

pilotboi
05-10-09, 1:56 am
wow...
thanks bro... it is really a best explanation... appreciate it...

BeastCook
05-10-09, 2:26 am
do not train chest and bi's twice a week, your muscles grow when your resting, try this on for size

day 1 chest
incline bench
flat bench
dumbbell fly
dips

day 2 back
pullups, chinups
barbell row
deadlifts
seated rows

day 3 rest

day 4 delts
military press
side lateral
rear delt raise
front raise
shrugs

day 5 legs (never wuss out on a leg day)
leg ex
leg curl
squats
leg presses
stiff leg deads

day 6 arms
close grip bench
skullcrushers
weighted dips

barbell curl
incline dumbbell curl
reverse curl superset with dumbbell hammer curls

day 7 rest

stick to coompound movements, and try to stay away from all the isolation exercises like cablecrossovers and save those when your cutting (burning fat), dumbbell kickbacks too etc.

Preservation
05-10-09, 4:01 pm
Gotta disagree here sometimes training a body part twice a week is more beneficial if you recover faster however I wouldn't suggest this if you have a slow recovery rate from high intensity workouts if your own a four day workout as you say and do something like this for example;

Back/Chest/Biceps
Triceps/Abs
Legs/Shoulders/Biceps
Chest/Abs

I don't see anything wrong with it, remember this is only if you recover fast if you don't then only train it once a week but hard...as frack..