PDA

View Full Version : Dorian's Early Years

Naturally Huge
05-10-09, 3:47 pm
Here's a breakdown of what Dorian Yates ate in the offseason during his early years from 1986-1988. This took him to a bodyweight of 250 lbs.

Breakfast:
6 egg whites with 2 yolks
150 grams of oatmeal
50 grams of raisins
3 slices of whole-wheat toast
1/4 pint of skim milk
orange
multivitamin/mineral pack
amino acid tablets

Midmorning:
2 scoops of milk/egg protein blended with a pint of skim milk
orange

Lunch:
7 oz. tuna
100 grams pasta (dry weight)
2 oranges
carb drink
amino acid tablets

Midafternoon: Workout

Post-training:
2 scoops milk/egg protein blended with pint of skim milk
3 bananas
2 protein bars

Evening:
8 oz. chicken or steak
300 grams baked potato
200 grams vegetables
pineapple
amino acid tablets

Supper:
5 egg whites and 1 yolk
1 slice of whole-wheat toast
25 grams of raisins
amino acid tablets

5,000 total calories
30% protein
55% carbs
15% fat

I think we all can learn from one of the greats on how to properly eat to put on the MASS!

Fury317
05-10-09, 4:03 pm
Interesting. I like the fact that I share a common interst in aminos, milk and fruit with Dorian.

Just a quick question, where did you find this? Im not doubting you, but you know how mags always publish "Cutlers current workout" or "Ronnies Diet" and its not really close at all. Just wondering man.

ronald1919
05-10-09, 4:28 pm
damn...Yates would starve on my "bulk".
nice find. need to up my calories.

Naturally Huge
05-10-09, 5:04 pm
Interesting. I like the fact that I share a common interst in aminos, milk and fruit with Dorian.

Just a quick question, where did you find this? Im not doubting you, but you know how mags always publish "Cutlers current workout" or "Ronnies Diet" and its not really close at all. Just wondering man.

I own both of his books, which are not published anymore. This diet comes out of his second book, A Warrior's Story. This is the diet he followed in the offseason prior to his heavyweight and overall victory at the 1988 British Championships.

newbreed
05-10-09, 6:39 pm
Cool post bro

G Diesel
05-10-09, 6:41 pm
Beautiful diet for mass and strength (awesome in its simplicity)... There is a reason he became what he did. Everybody should take notes.

Peace, G

Sphinx
05-10-09, 7:00 pm
Out of curiosity, whats with all the raisins? There some special nutritional value behind them?

Naturally Huge
05-10-09, 7:03 pm
Out of curiosity, whats with all the raisins? There some special nutritional value behind them?

Good simple carbs + high potassium.

JeremyT
05-10-09, 7:07 pm
No way I could eat that much. That man is a beast. I would have to work up to eating that much and being able to move after haha.

Pizzalamp
05-10-09, 7:47 pm
very cool post thanks

does anyone know arnolds diet from back in the day???

ive always wondered

Fury317
05-10-09, 8:03 pm
I own both of his books, which are not published anymore. This diet comes out of his second book, A Warrior's Story. This is the diet he followed in the offseason prior to his heavyweight and overall victory at the 1988 British Championships.

Cool man, thanks. Yeah this diet seems really similar to what I eat and it works like a charm.

andrewT
05-10-09, 9:23 pm
I have the book this came out of

I have trained hard, and ate like hell, although not even 5000 cals a day but about 4500 clean cals and I ended up gaining more fat than muscle...could be because my waist was already a 36 to start...is gaining two inches of waist fat on a bulk normal?

36" to 38" waist that I am trying to now get down to a 32-34 (god help me lol)

McFly
05-10-09, 9:30 pm
funny... looks kinda like my diet right now.....wonder why?

yates is the man!

K Stro24
05-10-09, 9:49 pm
Well, I was about to post a sample bulk diet and have it critiqued but this saves me time from writing it, waiting on answers, and the basic mumbo-jumbo shit you go through when looking to build a solid diet. I think i'll just copy and paste this onto my groecery list and go from there. thanks alot brother, dorian is the man no doubt about it

* also, the simplicity in this diet is amazing, not to mention it looks rather cheap to maintain, its not like hes having 10 oz of steak each meal, its solid

mritter3
05-10-09, 9:51 pm
hey great post man, interesting to see how one of the greats did it back in the day.

Maccabee
05-10-09, 10:06 pm
What's the deal with raisins?

What does that do for the body?

deadlifts
05-10-09, 10:36 pm
very cool post thanks

does anyone know arnolds diet from back in the day???

ive always wondered

Not really sure if this is Arnold's actual diet, but after a quick look through Arnold's Encyclopedia of Weighlifting, I found three diets. There is a level I, II and III and they are for muscle gain. The Level III has the most food in it and is:
Breakfast:
4 eggs, poached or any style
8 ounces whole milk
1 or 2 slices whoel grain bread with butter
1 piece fresh fruit.
(protein aproxx. 72 grams)

Lunch:
1/2 lb. meat, fish, fowl, or cheese
1 or 2 slices whole grain bread with butter or mayonaise
8 to 16 ounces whole milk
1 piece fresh fruit
(protien aprox. 74 grams)

Dinner:
1/2 to 1 lb of meat fish fowl or cheese
Baked or steamed potato, or baked or broiled beans
Lightly steamed fresh vegetable
large raw salad
1 piece fresh fruit
8 ounces whole milk
(protien aprox. 112 grams)

This doesn't look like a bulking diet to me, I think its more of a maintnece diet. I'll look in Arnold's other book (Education of a Bodybuilder) and see if there is a bulking diet in there.

Pizzalamp
05-10-09, 10:53 pm
yeah ive checked all those books too-couldnt find anything :(
i know in his 1 book he has a cool recipie for a muscle burger

calcaneous
05-10-09, 11:09 pm
Not really sure if this is Arnold's actual diet, but after a quick look through Arnold's Encyclopedia of Weighlifting, I found three diets. There is a level I, II and III and they are for muscle gain. The Level III has the most food in it and is:
Breakfast:
8 ounces whole milk
1 piece fresh fruit.

Lunch:
1 piece fresh fruit

Dinner:
large raw salad
1 piece fresh fruit
8 ounces whole milk

This doesn't look like a bulking diet to me, I think its more of a maintnece diet. I'll look in Arnold's other book (Education of a Bodybuilder) and see if there is a bulking diet in there.

bro, those are the solid food list. Arnold also tells you to drink 3 shakes a day.

breakfast
shake
lunch
shake
dinner
shake.

Shake lvl 1:

20 ounces of milk or juice
4 ounces cream
2 eggs
2 teaspoons lecithin granules
1/4 cup good quality milk-and-egg protein powder

shake lvl 2:

16 ounces milk or juice
6 ounces of cream
4 eggs
4 teaspoons of lecithin granules
1/2 cup milk-and-egg protein powder

shake lvl 3:

16 ounces milk or juice
8 ounces of cream
6 eggs
6 teaspoons lecithin granules
3/4 cup milk-and-egg protein powder

Big Al
05-10-09, 11:44 pm
Why oh Why dont people learn they need to eat to grow.
PS.raisins make me poop.

G Diesel
05-11-09, 9:16 am
The other thing that strikes me about this diet is the variety and relative moderation. Fruits and veggies, a bunch of eggs, 7oz of tuna, 8 oz of chicken, various carb sources, 2 shakes, basic supps and some dairy. It is the diet of a young and healthy hard training athlete.

Notice he isn't eating 500g of protein from 40 oz of meat a day in consecutive identical meals offseason. This is how he ate to get to 250 and I've seen guys that are 180 lbs trying to eat in a far more rigid and monotonous fashion. Then I wonder why they aren't training a year later.

Peace, G

Naturally Huge
05-11-09, 11:48 am
Back then I'm sure he was working a full time job to support his wife and kid and didn't have some of the luxuries with food. He stuck with the basics and it paid off for him. This is a very simple yet highly effective eating program. Others can adjust the amounts to fit their needed caloric intake & activity level. Maybe a sticky?

C.Coronato
05-11-09, 1:20 pm
Looks like i found my offseason diet. Thanks DY.

Maccabee
05-11-09, 2:53 pm
I have never seen a diet have so much variety in it. This is pretty cool. I am going to try some thing similiar just smaller quantities of course lol.

prowrestler
05-11-09, 3:05 pm
this HAS helped me. gonna use some ideas from this and apply it to my new diet. always need new meals

thanks

andrewT
05-11-09, 6:22 pm
Dorian is a genius! and the best imo.. well I guess its because he is my favourite bber lol

stumblin54
05-12-09, 2:50 am
...is gaining two inches of waist fat on a bulk normal?

It's a great motivator for me (the book) to keep going whenever I feel like times are rough. Dorian had a tough childhood but still came out on top. The two inches fat gain around the waist though is not normal, and something needs to change about your diet. Are you doing cardio while bulking? I think that, along with eating less, will keep your waist in check, because that's the fat that most definitely needs to be avoided (it's most associated with health problems in men).

Stumblin

Naturally Huge
05-12-09, 11:24 am
I have the book this came out of

I have trained hard, and ate like hell, although not even 5000 cals a day but about 4500 clean cals and I ended up gaining more fat than muscle...could be because my waist was already a 36 to start...is gaining two inches of waist fat on a bulk normal?

Do some moderate cardio such as three 30 min. sessions per week. I did this last offseason and kept my waist to a 34 instead of 36-38 as in previous offseasons. Moderate cardio will also help keep your apetite and metabolism up so it's easier to eat more good food on a bulk.

deadlifts
05-13-09, 11:20 pm
bro, those are the solid food list. Arnold also tells you to drink 3 shakes a day.

breakfast
shake
lunch
shake
dinner
shake.

Shake lvl 1:

20 ounces of milk or juice
4 ounces cream
2 eggs
2 teaspoons lecithin granules
1/4 cup good quality milk-and-egg protein powder

shake lvl 2:

16 ounces milk or juice
6 ounces of cream
4 eggs
4 teaspoons of lecithin granules
1/2 cup milk-and-egg protein powder

shake lvl 3:

16 ounces milk or juice
8 ounces of cream
6 eggs
6 teaspoons lecithin granules
3/4 cup milk-and-egg protein powder

That makes more sense with the shakes included

Thanks bro

arsilva
05-14-09, 12:07 am
PS.raisins make me poop.

annnd we officially have too much info. only Big Al can get away with such things.

that's def a big man's diet, gotta try to find a copy of those books

Ghost26
05-14-09, 7:24 pm
ic that alot of the guys back int he day used milk + egg protein instead of whey i wonder how come

AFTazz06
05-14-09, 7:29 pm
PS.raisins make me poop.

lol, Grapes make me poop. doesnt matter whether its grape juice or the fruits themselves.

andrewT
05-14-09, 8:03 pm
ic that alot of the guys back int he day used milk + egg protein instead of whey i wonder how come

all they had I think

RighteousDude
05-20-09, 12:32 pm
I was browsing a used bookstore yesterday and saw an old, well used copy of Arnold's Education of a Bodybuilder. I grabbed it. With memorial weekend, just around the corner, I thought I'd post it.

Muscle burger from back in the day.

1lb of Ground Sirloin
3 Whole Eggs
8 Wheat Thin Whole Wheat Crackers
Chopped Green Onions

With fork, mix in a large bowl, the meat and eggs.
Crush the crackers and add with the onions.
Mix until thick.
Cook as regular burger. Do not over cook.

Peace.

G Diesel
05-20-09, 12:48 pm
I was browsing a used bookstore yesterday and saw an old, well used copy of Arnold's Education of a Bodybuilder. I grabbed it. With memorial weekend, just around the corner, I thought I'd post it.

Muscle burger from back in the day.

1lb of Ground Sirloin
3 Whole Eggs
8 Wheat Thin Whole Wheat Crackers
Chopped Green Onions

With fork, mix in a large bowl, the meat and eggs.
Crush the crackers and add with the onions.
Mix until thick.
Cook as regular burger. Do not over cook.

Peace.

An awesome book... I have an old paperback copy from the early 80s.

Peace, G

adidas
05-20-09, 1:50 pm
all they had I think

It's because it WORKS just as well if not better than whey...

and they did have Whey available...it just tasted and mixed like shit

C.Coronato
05-20-09, 2:11 pm
An awesome book... I have an old paperback copy from the early 80s.

Peace, G

Great book indeed. I actually have had it on my desk for the past few months. I recently brought it back home to lend to a buddy.

milanceolympia
05-25-09, 12:31 pm
here`s another diet plan that i found in the Arnold`s education of bodybuilder...

BREAKFAST: 7 : 3 0 A.M.
3 eggs; ¼- to ½-pound beef patty; 2 pieces buttered toast; 2
glasses milk

MIDMORNING SNACK: 10:00 A.M.
half sandwich, meat; 1 hard-boiled egg; 1 glass milk
LUNCH: 12:30 P.M.
1 meat sandwich; 1 cheese sandwich; 2 glasses milk; fruit

MIDAFTERNOON SNACK: 3:00 P.M.
1 hard-boiled egg; 3 slices cheese; 2 glasses milk

SUPPER: 6:00 P.M.
½ to ¾ pound ground beef; baked potato with butter; salad;
vegetable (corn, beans, peas, etc.); 2 glasses milk

BEDTIME SNACK: 9:00 P.M.
Protein drink: 2 glasses milk, ½ cup nonfat milk solids, one egg,
½ cup ice cream. Mix in a blender.

peace

G Diesel
09-29-09, 2:11 pm
raisins make me poop.

Best post ever candidate.

Peace, G

JUGGERNAUT
09-29-09, 2:33 pm

Peace, G

Second that haha An "EMMYlike" achievement.

adidas
09-29-09, 3:00 pm

Peace, G

if thats the Best Post ever canidadate maybe I should post up what phsyllium husks does for me. Picture included for proof...lol

On Letting Go
09-30-09, 7:14 am
Ideas as to why Dorians diet is so low in fat?

adidas
09-30-09, 7:17 am

no need for fat when you have synthetic Cholesterol...

McFly
09-30-09, 7:49 am

probably because he is eating a ton of carbs....a lot of high carb diets are typically lower in fat

On Letting Go
09-30-09, 8:01 am

Yes, this was my original inclination. Though im unfamiliar with the proper diet guidelines (if there are any) for somesome using AS.

probably because he is eating a ton of carbs....a lot of high carb diets are typically lower in fat

This is typically true, but 15% still seems too low. The recommendations i've seen (in both college text and online) give the guideline of 20 - 30% total kcal intake coming from fat, in order to promote the maximal healthy hormone levels, etc.

McFly
09-30-09, 8:24 am
This is typically true, but 15% still seems too low. The recommendations i've seen (in both college text and online) give the guideline of 20 - 30% total kcal intake coming from fat, in order to promote the maximal healthy hormone levels, etc.

IMO, a lot of college text and things you read online don't always work in the bodybuilding world especially when you are trying to put on mass. I've done higher fat off season diets and diets more like this..... Honestly my typical off season diet is VERY close to what is said to be Dorian's diet. and when I eat I grow. I actually felt a bit unhealthy when I was eating moderate-high carbs and moderate-higher "good" fats.

just my .02 from personal experience

On Letting Go
09-30-09, 8:55 am
IMO, a lot of college text and things you read online don't always work in the bodybuilding world especially when you are trying to put on mass. I've done higher fat off season diets and diets more like this..... Honestly my typical off season diet is VERY close to what is said to be Dorian's diet. and when I eat I grow. I actually felt a bit unhealthy when I was eating moderate-high carbs and moderate-higher "good" fats.

Thanks for the input. I may have to experiment with my diet to see how higher carbs suit me.

Appollonian
09-30-09, 9:07 am

Dumb question (maybe): what is synthetic cholesterol?

adidas
09-30-09, 9:10 am
Dumb question (maybe): what is synthetic cholesterol?

How does the human body produce testosterone?

krazyassmexican
09-30-09, 9:13 am
How does the human body produce testosterone?

hahahaha

McFly
09-30-09, 9:15 am
I think this is getting a tad off track....there is a great diet posted here that many of us can learn from and IMO totally legit for any of us to base our off season eating and supplementation from.

Brutus_515
09-30-09, 9:22 am
I actually met Dorian 2 weeks ago at a GNC grand opening just north of Pittsburgh. He was promoting his supplement line. I told him i was a big fan and admired his training style. I asked him about diet and training he told me to look for his books any advice he could give is in them. Probably the most approachable "Mr.O" i have ever met . the dude is a bit older now and still built like a shit brick house. so the diet listed above is pretty spot on for really anyone serious about Growing.

adidas
09-30-09, 9:34 am
I think this is getting a tad off track....there is a great diet posted here that many of us can learn from and IMO totally legit for any of us to base our off season eating and supplementation from.

I currious as to why you think this man's (whom is jacked on a shit ton of gear) diet hold any merrit for a naturally training athlete?

I truelly don't under how everyday gymrat's think that IFBB pro diets or work out program can work for them...unless you r on half the shit they are these diets are not going to for you like they do for them...

I sure some one is going to chime in and skool me on how much weight they gained!! I gotz hooge on a diet like that...and I am sure that gained as much muscle mass as Dorian did too when you did the diet...not one once of body fat and ALL muscle...on his exact diet.

there are very few ways for natural training athletes/gym rats to conceivably consume that much food.

Brutus_515
09-30-09, 9:41 am
I currious as to why you think this man's (whom is jacked on a shit ton of gear) diet hold any merrit for a naturally training athlete?

I truelly don't under how everyday gymrat's think that IFBB pro diets or work out program can work for them...unless you r on half the shit they are these diets are not going to for you like they do for them...

I sure some one is going to chime in and skool me on how much weight they gained!! I gotz hooge on a diet like that...and I am sure that gained as much muscle mass as Dorian did too when you did the diet...not one once of body fat and ALL muscle...on his exact diet.

there are very few ways for natural training athletes/gym rats to conceivably consume that much food.

I agree with you dude. I understand the whole elephant in the room thing. but the average gym rat will not do a diet long enough to see results (even the slightest nor get anywhere as much results Dorain had) but that said for someone who has been training for years and busting their ass in the gym and eatting like they should this diet most likely will add some size to thier frame.

McFly
09-30-09, 9:53 am

I am pretty sure our own G Diesel eats similar to this when he was or is packing on the size, like I said this has worked for me and if I can get Mr. A to chime in he eats very much so like this as well. Modified a bit because his caloric needs @ around 235….mind you Mr. A was only 200 pounds last year at his heaviest and is shooting for his natural pro card. He blew up this year EATING CARBS.

The diet isn’t that crazy, it’s just carbs. It’s not like some diets I’ve seen eating 600+ grams of protein a day, lots of fats and really misleading younger uneducated athletes.

Big Wides also comes to mind when thinking about this diet, I know he didn’t get to his size eating flax seed, ¼ cup of oats and 2 eggs per meal.

I agree with you dude. I understand the whole elephant in the room thing. but the average gym rat will not do a diet long enough to see results (even the slightest nor get anywhere as much results Dorain had) but that said for someone who has been training for years and busting their ass in the gym and eatting like they should this diet most likely will add some size to thier frame.

and yes, this diet isn't for someone pussyfooting around the gym it is for a serious athlete trying to pack on size. If one is happy being 160 pounds do not look at this diet.

G Diesel
09-30-09, 10:01 am

Agreed McFly... Personally, I love this diet. It is very much along the lines of how I've always eaten. It is balanced and diverse in food choices and nutrient sources and provides ample fuel for hard training, an active lifestyle and new growth. Sure it could be fortified with some new school supplement innovations like EFAs, but beyond that it is money in the bank (assuming you're looking to gain mass, in good health with a healthy metabolism, etc).

Peace, G

On Letting Go
09-30-09, 10:02 am

I agree in that this diet is not suitable for a NATURAL bb'er/athlete.

Brutus_515
09-30-09, 10:09 am
If the shit was easy everyone would do it. personally the idea of the diet is great. The quantity is alittle overboad but thats just me his diet to the last detail will not suit me or my weight/size to many caloories it takes everything in my power to hit around 3000-3500 but i am also 100lbs smaller than he was with this diet its all a template really just like the carbon copy diets you read in the mags its all a template. get some ideas mess with it to fit your goals if it doesnt work try something else.

Ragnar13
09-30-09, 10:38 am
Dorian was the man, and one of my all time favorite bbers. Really cool to have this thread posted. Thanks OP!!!

Anyway, his diet is a fantastic tool to take, fuck around with and hone into the deadly weapon that works for each individual. I would be a freaking idiot to copy his diet calorie for calorie, gram for gram. But the food choices open some doors and give some insight. And ain't that what it is all about?

Besides, as already mentioned by Shaffer, most folks don't stick to a diet long enough to truelly see if it works or not. They just jump from last month's issue to what is currently the "greatest mass gaining plan ever in the history of the mutli-celled organism" in the current issue.

Solid meal plan by one of the baddest bbers alive. And raisins......yeah same here.

G Diesel
09-30-09, 1:12 pm

I disagree.

Peace, G

Appollonian
09-30-09, 1:18 pm
I disagree.

Peace, G

x2. Why isn't this ideal for the non-enhanced? If it contained 3x bodyweight in protein I would say there is no way a non-enhanced person could eat like that, but it looks solid from all the research I've done.

Fury317
09-30-09, 1:27 pm
I disagree.

Peace, G

I agree

...is this getting a bit confusing? haha

The diet is solid.

U Mad Brah?
09-30-09, 1:31 pm
looks like a solid diet brahs. gotta eat to be big brahs. i think teh brahs who don't train hard in teh gym might not get it but those good brahs who train hard know they need extra cals to be grow big. natty's need cals to grow too, can't undereat and expect to gain brahs

prowrestler
09-30-09, 2:00 pm
diets the same when ur on or off cycle
training should be the same aswell.

the thing that changes is recovery time.

whether your cycling grams of anabolics a week or a pure natty who cant even spell E.Q., you should be poundin away the food and bustin ass in the weight room. stop useing "ohhhhh heeess on juice (cry like a 4 year old child right about now) iiii cannn't eat/train that wayyy"

if anyone wants to argue facts on aas vs natural training/diet or wtv, ill gladly take it to pm's.

that diets only works if your on gear...i laughed

prowrestler
09-30-09, 2:02 pm
x2. Why isn't this ideal for the non-enhanced? If it contained 3x bodyweight in protein I would say there is no way a non-enhanced person could eat like that, but it looks solid from all the research I've done.

it is solid as anything.

im out eating dorian by 1k atleast and im lighter then him and im natural...HEY, its workin on me, what do you know.

and my bf is the same or a nudge lower if anything. so no, it aint fat gains

aeon
09-30-09, 2:02 pm
this diet is the truth, we can all take something from this.. i know i have

stumblin54
09-30-09, 2:05 pm
im out eating dorian by 1k atleast..

You're eating 6k Cals per day?

Stumblin

prowrestler
09-30-09, 2:06 pm
You're eating 6k Cals per day?

Stumblin

wrestling 4 hours a day also lol, i looose weight on 4k lol

GJN5002
09-30-09, 2:13 pm
I think this diet is actually pretty conservative in comaparison to todays bbers. I read cutler was taking in 1000+ carbs a day it looks like dorian is only at about 600.

It doesnt seem too overboard, although I think most average size guys dont need 5000+calories.

stumblin54
09-30-09, 2:14 pm
I just don't want anybody to be getting crazy ideas about diet here. Four hours of stenuous activity is clearly to your benefit when eating like that.

Stumblin

stumblin54
09-30-09, 2:17 pm
It doesnt seem too overboard, although I think most average size guys dont need 5000+calories.

I would agree here. 5k+ Calories for most people would equate to a considerable fat gain, which as I've understood is not the goal of most bodybuilders.

Stumblin

JUGGERNAUT
09-30-09, 2:17 pm
5,000 total calories
30% protein
55% carbs
15% fat

If these numbers scare you being natural, you need to "actually" train.

GJN5002
09-30-09, 2:23 pm
5,000 total calories
30% protein
55% carbs
15% fat

I think its a bit shortsited to assume every natural trainee can use 5000 calores efficently. Train as hard as you want, if your body cant utilize them, you will get fat.

McFly
09-30-09, 2:37 pm

Jugg always keeping it simple and real.....

like my dad once told me "it's ok to be scared son, but don't be scared your whole life"

actually he had a few different choice words but I won't put pops on blast like that!!!

adidas
09-30-09, 2:38 pm
I think its a bit shortsited to assume every natural trainee can use 5000 calores efficently. Train as hard as you want, if your body cant utilize them, you will get fat.

Fuck that bro you gotta eat 6-8000 kal's a day man! to GFH around here....no other way but that way! Everyone trains at the intenisity level of a IFBB pro here and has the corrosponding protein partioning levels of and metabolism to match!!! naturally of course...

JUGGERNAUT
09-30-09, 2:41 pm

I never said every. If everybody was on this diet and did not get fat on it, there would be a heck of a lot of jacked dudes walking the earth. Proof is at my own gym, where there are just too many "everybody’s."

What I will say is; that a natural guy can run a diet like this with great success....

if the guy is a jockey....no.

GJN5002
09-30-09, 2:49 pm
I never said every. If everybody was on this diet and did not get fat on it, there would be a heck of a lot of jacked dudes walking the earth. Proof is at my own gym, where there are just too many "everybody’s."

What I will say is; that a natural guy can run a diet like this with great success....

if the guy is a jockey....no.

I understand your points I know too many people that " arent growing and are doigng everything right," but arent eating enough. My only observation is if dorian can get that big on 5000 calories (leaving out the x factors), we should be able to do well on a proportional amount of calories. Of couse every person is different and responds differently.

widdlewade44
09-30-09, 2:50 pm

and he has the right people pushing him, mainly BigAl.

Thanks for the input. I may have to experiment with my diet to see how higher carbs suit me.

McFly won his 1st BB show and he is both big and strong so he's bringing a heavy 2 cents.

Kevin
widdlewade44

JUGGERNAUT
09-30-09, 2:52 pm
Fuck that bro you gotta eat 6-8000 kal's a day man! to GFH around here....no other way but that way! Everyone trains at the intenisity level of a IFBB pro here and has the corrosponding protein partioning levels of and metabolism to match!!! naturally of course...

Ever consider stand-up or maybe a talk show host? You would be very popular with the masses. There is that word Everyone again...

C.Coronato
09-30-09, 3:28 pm
5,000 total calories
30% protein
55% carbs
15% fat

Agreed 100% Juggs.

Coming from a Natural competitor .. i dont see anything that is very hard with this diet. Its basic and to the point. Old School and strait up. 150 grams of oatmeal is only about 2 cups. Its not that drastic. If anyone out there thinks that drugs are the only way to get big, your just lying to yourself.

Learn to eat some food. Im a natural bodybuilder. I have only been competing for a year. I stand on stage at 5'6" 175 pounds and 4% BF. I wont promise or say, but i guarantee that i will be a light heavyweight on stage come this time next year, simply of how i eat. its not impossible, the more applied nutritional standards you shovel down your hole the faster your metabolism is going to get and the more food you can handle. Nothing is impossible and you shouldn't be in this game if you believe so.

Drugs are drugs. If you dont have the uncanny ability to eat and train hard, drugs wont do shit for you. Look up Tim Martin. 210 pounds on stage all natural. Look at Kai Green post IFBB 220 lbs on stage all natural. Ronnie Coleman, 220 lbs on stage all natural.

Dont sell yourself short that drugs are what are limiting you from your success. Everyone can make excuses, i know i wont.

Aggression
09-30-09, 3:31 pm
I'm definitely diggin' that diet, and once my show is over, I might get on something very similar to that. I like the old school approach with the fruit thrown in there. Too many diets out there today neglect fruit.

My previous off-season diet was about the same amount of calories. I was hitting, and at times going over 5,000 calories per day. No, I wasn't using any 'substances'. I was eating big to get big. And I got big. I came off a diet at 183 in November. By July I was sitting at 232 and then went into contest prep. 5,000 calories is not that much when you're eating 'correctly'. Yeah it was a lot of food, but spread out over 7 meals, it was easily doable.

Everyone claims they eat big. Once they post up their diet (if they do), it proves otherwise.

adidas
09-30-09, 3:39 pm
Ever consider stand-up or maybe a talk show host? You would be very popular with the masses. There is that word Everyone again...

joking aside I have actually considered it...but I prefer spontanious jokes and ribbin'...

is all inclusive of everyone...

like I said earlier...the naturals who can eat like that, and gain unsightly amount of fat, can becaus eof the cals in vs. cals out equation...which is a special case IMO as most gym rats and regular Joe's don't. the guys who rassle for 4 hrs a day and wt train or the the guy who wants to be a natural pro BB train at intesity levels above and beyond what most do. you will also notice that most guys who are natural and eat that much are typically smaller than there juiced up counter parts eatting the same amount...

Aggression
09-30-09, 3:45 pm
the naturals who can eat like that, and gain unsightly amount of fat, can becaus eof the cals in vs. cals out equation...which is a special case IMO as most gym rats and regular Joe's don't. the guys who rassle for 4 hrs a day and wt train or the the guy who wants to be a natural pro BB train at intesity levels above and beyond what most do.

You're absolutely right. Average Joe's should NOT be eating that much food. They don't train hard enough nor do they have enough dedication to eat that way. That's why they're called 'Average Joe's'. However, those who are willing to push themselves, who actually want to grow, and progress in this sport, and to be better than they were in the past can and should be eating this way.

JUGGERNAUT
09-30-09, 3:49 pm
(Juggs)If these numbers scare you being natural, you need to "actually" train.

Quote: adidamps2 ....is all inclusive of everyone...

(Juggs) I would never state all inclusive matter. That's not fair to anybody but what I do give credit to is that anybody can blast away in the gym with exceptional intensity and put to good use that 5k; in those ratios. You just have to map it out and do it.

JUGGERNAUT
09-30-09, 3:52 pm
P.S If you are not as large and freaky thin skinned natural as the same dude on "stuff" following the same diet, that really does not matter.

Fury317
09-30-09, 3:53 pm

Fucking hilarious

Agreed 100% Juggs.

Coming from a Natural competitor .. i dont see anything that is very hard with this diet. Its basic and to the point. Old School and strait up. 150 grams of oatmeal is only about 2 cups. Its not that drastic. If anyone out there thinks that drugs are the only way to get big, your just lying to yourself.

Learn to eat some food. Im a natural bodybuilder. I have only been competing for a year. I stand on stage at 5'6" 175 pounds and 4% BF. I wont promise or say, but i guarantee that i will be a light heavyweight on stage come this time next year, simply of how i eat. its not impossible, the more applied nutritional standards you shovel down your hole the faster your metabolism is going to get and the more food you can handle. Nothing is impossible and you shouldn't be in this game if you believe so.

Drugs are drugs. If you dont have the uncanny ability to eat and train hard, drugs wont do shit for you. Look up Tim Martin. 210 pounds on stage all natural. Look at Kai Green post IFBB 220 lbs on stage all natural. Ronnie Coleman, 220 lbs on stage all natural.

Dont sell yourself short that drugs are what are limiting you from your success. Everyone can make excuses, i know i wont.

Extremely good post. I just watched a vid of Kai from 1999 and he is fucking rock solid. Granted he's probably sub 200, he's a beast. AND TURNS OUT, HE STARTED THOSE DANCE MOVES EARLY !!! haha

Ill find it on youtube if anyone is interested...

adidas
09-30-09, 4:06 pm
(Juggs)If these numbers scare you being natural, you need to "actually" train.

Quote: adidamps2 ....is all inclusive of everyone...

(Juggs) I would never state all inclusive matter. That's not fair to anybody but what I do give credit to is that anybody can blast away in the gym with exceptional intensity and put to good use that 5k; in those ratios. You just have to map it out and do it.

then it appears we agree but from differnt view points...lol

my point is not many, even here, can pull that diet off with out substanial fat gain. and it appears you see it from the view of people who bust their ass at a high intestiy level can.

and that we both agree on.

*high five*

if we agree...lol

TigerAce01
09-30-09, 4:11 pm
I love how so many people think that going into ketosis and your body running on ketones is "the bomb brah"...but the minute that someone suggest eating real food, it's only for athletes "juiced to the gills".

90% of us will never step on stage. 99% of us will never turn pro. If you're worried about not having that onion thin skin...look in the mirror, because chances are you don't right now anyway. The reason most people constantly post "Diet Critique..PLEASE HELP!!" or "Need a Good Mass Diet!!" or "I'm a Hardgainer, I can't GAIN!!" is simply because people refuse to work hard...they want a mass gain diet that won't put on any fat, and they want a cutting ciet that won't make them lose muscle. Everyone wants something that will work for everyone, everytime, without fail. Everyone wants something magical...and there is nothing out there that is. You want to gain muscle? You'll gain some fat. You want to lose fat? You'll probably lose some muscle.

I see so many posts on here from guys who haven't competed, probably will never compete, and don't have much muscle or definition whining about how a diet like this is too intense. You're right, it is too intense...for you. Shut up and let the folks who know what they're doing do their thing.

-Ace

G Diesel
09-30-09, 4:16 pm
To me it is less about the number of calories as yes the demands for me when I was 200 wanting to be 250 are different than those of a guy who is 150 wanting to be 180 or different than those of an overweight guy or those with slow metabolisms or who train with moderate intensity or frequency.

What I really like is the structure of the diet and the food choices as including lots of these has worked for me personally--egg whites and whole eggs, oats, lots of fruit, milk, diverse lean proteins, whole wheat bread, veggies, protein powder, carb drinks and amino tabs, tuna, pasta. Awesome.

The thing that bothers me is that there seems to be this pervasive, poisonous way of thinking that equates "drug free" or "natural" with weak and small in a very self-defeating way.

Peace, G

adidas
09-30-09, 4:22 pm
I love how so many people think that going into ketosis and your body running on ketones is "the bomb brah"...but the minute that someone suggest eating real food, it's only for athletes "juiced to the gills".

90% of us will never step on stage. 99% of us will never turn pro. If you're worried about not having that onion thin skin...look in the mirror, because chances are you don't right now anyway. The reason most people constantly post "Diet Critique..PLEASE HELP!!" or "Need a Good Mass Diet!!" or "I'm a Hardgainer, I can't GAIN!!" is simply because people refuse to work hard...they want a mass gain diet that won't put on any fat, and they want a cutting ciet that won't make them lose muscle. Everyone wants something that will work for everyone, everytime, without fail. Everyone wants something magical...and there is nothing out there that is. You want to gain muscle? You'll gain some fat. You want to lose fat? You'll probably lose some muscle.

I see so many posts on here from guys who haven't competed, probably will never compete, and don't have much muscle or definition whining about how a diet like this is too intense. You're right, it is too intense...for you. Shut up and let the folks who know what they're doing do their thing.

-Ace

Funny no one mentioned Keto diet until you did...care to elaborate whom you're trying to call out here? and if one posts up a IFBB pro's diet of course soem one (me or Krazy or GJN or most likely going to chime in and slap a little reality in peoples faces poitning out that a guy whose diet looks like this is on steriods and training at levels most can't compete with naturally. therefore most diets of this standard aren't going to do a lot of good for a guy who trains naturally. No one said not to eat real food....stop making shit up...

BTW one can gain muscle and little fat on a bulkin diet...if you know what your doing (and it doesn't require you to be ketosis either or to eat a shit ton of calories)...I may have even posted a thread on that too here...

Aggression
09-30-09, 4:34 pm
For one, who knows if those diets are really what those pros are eating a daily basis. Some of those diets are extreme. Kai's Olympia diet, just a few weeks out, consisted of about 6-7 meals with 16oz steak in there. I'm not a seasoned vet when it comes to competing, but that seems a little excessive, for anyone.

Truth of the matter is drugs are irrelevant here. Whether someone is natural or not, that diet is still 100% doable. It just comes down to the individual. As G said, a 150lb young buck surely can't handle 5000 calories without gaining fat, if he's even able to put down that amount of food. However, for someone who sits around 200-220lbs, who has been training for a few years, and is serious about making gains, that diet can be spot on. Hell, it was for me.

PS - You forgot to close your first parenthesis

JUGGERNAUT
09-30-09, 4:35 pm
then it appears we agree but from differnt view points...lol

my point is not many, even here, can pull that diet off with out substanial fat gain. and it appears you see it from the view of people who bust their ass at a high intestiy level can.

and that we both agree on.

*high five*

if we agree...lol

*I do see it from this view: see it from the view of people who bust their ass at a high intensity level can.

TigerAce01
09-30-09, 4:35 pm
Funny no one mentioned Keto diet until you did...care to elaborate whom you're trying to call out here? and if one posts up a IFBB pro's diet of course soem one (me or Krazy or GJN or most likely going to chime in and slap a little reality in peoples faces poitning out that a guy whose diet looks like this is on steriods and training at levels most can't compete with naturally. therefore most diets of this standard aren't going to do a lot of good for a guy who trains naturally. No one said not to eat real food....stop making shit up...

BTW one can gain muscle and little fat on a bulkin diet...if you know what your doing (and it doesn't require you to be ketosis either or to eat a shit ton of calories)...I may have even posted a thread on that too here...

There was no call out, just a general mass of posts and threads I've seen. There was no disrespect meant for a single person, and this is not only for the FORVM, but other forums I have seen. I just get very sick of people saying the same things over and over, including the stigma that so much of the advice counts only when you're using steroids, or the fact that so many people haven't even been the least bit serious about a diet, gaining or losing. My last post was a culmination of reading so many posts and new threads on diets, hence why I rarely ever even read much in the diet section anymore.

I do not compete, nor do I want to, this being the reason why I don't give much advice on specific dieting, I am not a guru in any sense, and I hate broscience being taken as law so much of the time.

-Ace

andrewT
09-30-09, 4:36 pm
This guy was 6 time Mr. Olympia. He knows what he is saying. He is not on drugs anymore and built better than half the guys in this thread!

people make too many excuses! just eat

TreeTrunk I love your post man!

G Diesel once told me through PM when I asked him about eating he put it perfectly. "I think a natural athlete looking to gain unnatural size needs to overfeed to a degree, but keep it reasonable and in a range where you are feeling good about yourself."

Thank you G

GJN5002
09-30-09, 4:47 pm
There was no call out, just a general mass of posts and threads I've seen. There was no disrespect meant for a single person, and this is not only for the FORVM, but other forums I have seen. I just get very sick of people saying the same things over and over, including the stigma that so much of the advice counts only when you're using steroids, or the fact that so many people haven't even been the least bit serious about a diet, gaining or losing. My last post was a culmination of reading so many posts and new threads on diets, hence why I rarely ever even read much in the diet section anymore.

I do not compete, nor do I want to, this being the reason why I don't give much advice on specific dieting, I am not a guru in any sense, and I hate broscience being taken as law so much of the time.

-Ace

thats just how it is, we tend to be extremist as bodybuilders. youve got guys who calculate every calorie and guys who eat everything they see. Just about anything can be chalked up as bro science when its opinion based.

This guy was 6 time Mr. Olympia. He knows what he is saying. He is not on drugs anymore and built better than half the guys in this thread!

G Diesel once told me through PM when I asked him about eating he put it perfectly. "I think a natural athlete looking to gain unnatural size needs to overfeed to a degree, but keep it reasonable and in a range where you are feeling good about yourself."

Thank you G

exactly, dorian is a former mr olympia so what he does is not what we should do or follow with the exception of training hard and eating right. his calories and workouts worked for him not necessarily anyone else. The general concept of his diet is great though, good quality foods in the right proportion for him.

I like the G Diesel quote though. Notice he said keep it reasonable and in range not until you look like santa claus.

U Mad Brah?
09-30-09, 4:49 pm
a questions i always ask my good brahs is that why are all of teh small brahs teh brahs following such meticulous diets... and all teh big brahs eat wat they need to in order to get big... argue all day brahs... your physiques are the ones to pay

adidas
09-30-09, 4:54 pm
Truth of the matter is drugs are irrelevant here. Whether someone is natural or not, that diet is still 100% doable. It just comes down to the individual.
well it is...a natural trying to gain mass/bulk in hopes of lookin like Dorian will not see the same results he will because of those factors...it's one the few things on this site we can't openly talk about...but places a very large role in the BB/PL community...it is a very large and relevant factor...the diet aspect is doable...buyt calorie for calorie most likely not...and THAT is the point I am trying to establish...

PS - You forgot to close your first parenthesis

yeah I seem to have use the word "or" instead of a ")"...weird...

U Mad Brah?
09-30-09, 4:59 pm
brahs, keep in mind, natural or not, we brahs gotta eat... can't use the not natural brah card as an exuse to slack and not eat brahs. defy what others think and step up your game brahs... or remain a miserable, excuse ridden small, out of shape brah...

TigerAce01
09-30-09, 5:02 pm
brahs, keep in mind, natural or not, we brahs gotta eat... can't use the not natural brah card as an exuse to slack and not eat brahs. defy what others think and step up your game brahs... or remain a miserable, excuse ridden small, out of shape brah...

Do you really have to say "brah" 6 times in the same statement? haha

-Ace

Wasteland
09-30-09, 5:06 pm
Good times in here. Cliff's?

adidas
09-30-09, 5:19 pm

Raisen make people poop...

Wasteland
09-30-09, 5:22 pm
Raisen make people poop...

YES!!!!!! Oh that is so on the money!!!! Let's not forget prunes. Prunes and I have a history together.

adidas
09-30-09, 5:26 pm
YES!!!!!! Oh that is so on the money!!!! Let's not forget prunes. Prunes and I have a history together.

By God don't EVER, I mean EVER, eat both together then!

krazyassmexican
09-30-09, 5:52 pm
i sense a hardcore level of douchebaggery on this thread, too bad there's not a pit on this website, i would love to have some fun with some of the bros

Dr.Platypus
09-30-09, 6:17 pm
I disagree.

Peace, G

I agree with your disagreement

I see nothing in this diet that is unsuitable for a natural athlete looking to mass up

adidas
09-30-09, 6:58 pm
I agree with your disagreement

I see nothing in this diet that is unsuitable for a natural athlete looking to mass up

I think we are all past this point now...

prowrestler
09-30-09, 7:16 pm
thread = EPIC fail.

battle of "natural vs chemicaly enhanced'' takes over once again *sigh*

andrewT
09-30-09, 7:21 pm
thread = EPIC fail.

battle of "natural vs chemicaly enhanced'' takes over once again *sigh*

yup!

I don't understand that if people do not agree with something why do they have to defy it?
I think yes! drugs do give you an advantage, not make it easier, but allow you to get BIGGER than normal. People are afraid of carbs I think...

I love me some carbs! lol

andrewT
09-30-09, 7:29 pm
i sense a hardcore level of douchebaggery on this thread, too bad there's not a pit on this website, i would love to have some fun with some of the bros

wtf?

maybe you should have avoided it then? I don't understand why people get so defensive and shit!

its like when people argue about who is going to win the Olympia! fuck, the guys tried, did their best, whoever wins, wins!
same with diet, a guy does what he wants! if it works for him great! if it doesn't then so be it!

krazyassmexican
09-30-09, 7:39 pm
wtf?

maybe you should have avoided it then? I don't understand why people get so defensive and shit!

its like when people argue about who is going to win the Olympia! fuck, the guys tried, did their best, whoever wins, wins!
same with diet, a guy does what he wants! if it works for him great! if it doesn't then so be it!

bravo!!! your attack against my post ended up being benefitial to me, i actually agree with you, all this shit about enhancement started cuz adidamps decided to use the word synthetic cholesterol and i replied with a hahaha, he used that term not meaning that the diet worked for him cuz his supplementation, his post was just an answer to another post stating dorian's diet had very low fats, but then after that they took that in the wrong direction even involving something that was not in this fucking thread (the bullshit carb wars)

some people read a line or two and decide to write a presidencial speach without looking at the rest of the post and that is what pissed me off, i am glad i could agree with your attack against me

adidas
09-30-09, 7:42 pm
I know me and KAM come across as anti carb...but really when in the fuck did I say anything negative about carbs (in THIS thread...figured I might need t be specific here)?

Brutus_515
09-30-09, 7:43 pm
way to make the thread about you.....haha just messin around

krazyassmexican
09-30-09, 7:47 pm
I know me and KAM come across as anti carb...but really when in the fuck did I say anything negative about carbs (in THIS thread...figured I might need t be specific here)?

high 5
but before another presidential speech or another watchman tellin me not to argue all i gotta say is i am not anti carbs i too believe carbs are necessary to grow, i just dont believe on carb abuse or force feeding that is it and like you said neither of us came saying anything bad about this diet

andrewT
09-30-09, 7:52 pm
bravo!!! your attack against my post ended up being benefitial to me, i actually agree with you, all this shit about enhancement started cuz adidamps decided to use the word synthetic cholesterol and i replied with a hahaha, he used that term not meaning that the diet worked for him cuz his supplementation, his post was just an answer to another post stating dorian's diet had very low fats, but then after that they took that in the wrong direction even involving something that was not in this fucking thread (the bullshit carb wars)

some people read a line or two and decide to write a presidencial speach without looking at the rest of the post and that is what pissed me off, i am glad i could agree with your attack against me

I wasn't attacking you man. I wasn't even thinking about you. earlier on in the thread people were saying something about carbs were too high. I don't remember who said it, but I don't think it was you or the adidamps guy.

I was just saying that cuz I love carbs, and if I could I would eat them till I explode.

what made you feel attacked by me? because I wrote wtf? my general message is people need to calm down about their opinions. Thats why I love this site, it is free from anger and BS, just everyone helping everyone.

Big C
09-30-09, 7:54 pm
Jesus.......just lift big and eat big (good foods) and you'll get big....it's that simple. I swear people do more arguin and talkin than they do in the weight room. That's the first problem.

krazyassmexican
09-30-09, 7:54 pm
I wasn't attacking you man. I wasn't even thinking about you. earlier on in the thread people were saying something about carbs were too high. I don't remember who said it, but I don't think it was you or the adidamps guy.

I was just saying that cuz I love carbs, and if I could I would eat them till I explode.

what made you feel attacked by me? because I wrote wtf? my general message is people need to calm down about their opinions. Thats why I love this site, it is free from anger and BS, just everyone helping everyone.

probably cuz you quoted me?

Brutus_515
09-30-09, 7:57 pm
way to make the thread about you.....

fixed

andrewT
09-30-09, 8:02 pm
probably cuz you quoted me?

ok sorry I gave you the wrong impression man.

Big C amen to that!

krazyassmexican
09-30-09, 8:04 pm
ok sorry I gave you the wrong impression man.

Big C amen to that!

no hard feelings

Dr.Platypus
09-30-09, 8:21 pm
I think we are all past this point now...

oops, my bad I thought I was responding to the most recent post

second time I've done that.

adidas
09-30-09, 8:23 pm
oops, my bad I thought I was responding to the most recent post

second time I've done that.

no sweat...I was just jiving ya'

LittleMan55
09-30-09, 10:39 pm
Jesus.......just lift big and eat big (good foods) and you'll get big....it's that simple. I swear people do more arguin and talkin than they do in the weight room. That's the first problem.

This...

Like Joe Y' sig used to say (maybe still does, I wish he was posting more)... "When all is said and done, more will be said than done."

Aggression
10-01-09, 8:34 am

I like your style.

G Diesel
10-01-09, 8:54 am

In summary from what I've ascertained...

Carbs are or are not evil, natural dudes are or are not at a significant disadvantage, some of us write "presidential speeches", there are degrees of nondescript douchebaggery present here and raisins may, in fact, make you poop.

That's all I've got thus far.

Peace, G

naturalguy
10-01-09, 8:56 am
I don't get the debate. The diet posted up could work very well for a natural bodybuilder of course with all diets their needs to be some adjustments and individualization. With all diets and training programs you start with a base and see how it works and then make adjustments when you see how YOUR body reacts.

To make a blanket statement that this won't work or is not optimal for a natural is not realistic.

Wasteland
10-01-09, 9:00 am
The diet posted up could work

The specific diet could work for some, not work for others. Everything in between is why there are heated discussions like this in forums, lol.

naturalguy
10-01-09, 9:01 am
The specific diet could work for some, not work for others. Everything in between is why there are heated discussions like this in forums, lol.

I get it but in those debates people make blanket statements where they shouldn't

Wasteland
10-01-09, 9:03 am
I get it but in those debates people make blanket statements where they shouldn't

It is the nature of online forums. We best get used to it. You should too if you know what's good for you, lol.

J-Dawg
10-01-09, 9:10 am
I'll tell ya what. I call out everyone who is a hardgainer to try out a diet like this. If you can't gain weight, it's simple-- eat more and train consistently. Don't eat a bunch of crap but rather, eat those 6-7 solid meals per day. And never take long periods off from training. Most people can't do it. I know from personal experience. I make excuses not to eat but you know what, when I don't eat, those are the times my gains suffer. Sure we can blame it on our poor genetics or say that this person is taking drugs but you know what, maybe they just worked that much harder than the rest of us to get where they are.

In some ways the posts on the FORVM remind me of this old story--
The Ant works hard in the withering heat all summer building its house and
laying up supplies for the winter.
The Grasshopper thinks the Ant is a fool and laughs & dances & plays the
summer away.
Come winter, the Ant is warm and well fed. The Grasshopper has no food or
shelter so he dies out in the cold.

The Ant in our case is the person who puts the work in and doesn't bullshit and make excuses. The Grasshopper makes excuses and never puts in the proper work (and has fun for a bit) and ends up dying without ever tapping into his true potential.

Wasteland
10-01-09, 9:14 am
I'll tell ya what. I call out everyone who is a hardgainer to try out a diet like this. If you can't gain weight, it's simple-- eat more and train consistently.

Question: Diet LIKE this, or diet JUST LIKE this in the first post? See the difference?

That said, I agree. Majority of "hard gainers" are just those who think they're eating big but aren't.

McFly
10-01-09, 9:14 am
I'll tell ya what. I call out everyone who is a hardgainer to try out a diet like this. If you can't gain weight, it's simple-- eat more and train consistently. Don't eat a bunch of crap but rather, eat those 6-7 solid meals per day. And never take long periods off from training. Most people can't do it. I know from personal experience. I make excuses not to eat but you know what, when I don't eat, those are the times my gains suffer. Sure we can blame it on our poor genetics or say that this person is taking drugs but you know what, maybe they just worked that much harder than the rest of us to get where they are.

In some ways the post on the FORVM remind me of this old story--
The Ant works hard in the withering heat all summer building its house and
laying up supplies for the winter.
The Grasshopper thinks the Ant is a fool and laughs & dances & plays the
summer away.
Come winter, the Ant is warm and well fed. The Grasshopper has no food or
shelter so he dies out in the cold.

The Ant in our case is the person who puts the work in and doesn't bullshit and make excuses. The Grasshopper makes excuses and never puts in the proper work and ends up dying without ever tapping into his true potential.

WELL SAID J-DAWG!!!!!

McFly
10-01-09, 9:28 am
why are people so scared to fucking eat and train hard???

there is a diet posted here as the OG post full of wholesome, natural foods from a variety of sources and basic supplements that have been proven over time, this thread is so off track with people arguing the most asinine details. FUCKING EAT BIG AND TRAIN HARD, there is no needed science to it. There are cats in the pen and brothers working in construction throwing down thick meat and potato meals and moving heavy slag iron, putting in work, while we sit around and argue about how many calories is too much and I’m 6’ tall @ 150 pounds will a roll of quarters in my pocket and worried I might get fat if I eat 2 cups of oats and a banana or will a ultra isolated super twist bicep curl will give me the perfect peak and not be overtraining…..are you serious.

Lets just get back to business at hand….training hard, eating healthy and big, pushing, scratching and clawing past that next roadblock. Let me promise you, that guy you hate who is a little bigger then you, a little leaner, moves more weight, has a spoon full of food he’s choking down and eyeing up his next work out…not worrying if he eats 5% more protein he may turn all to fat

LittleMan55
10-01-09, 9:38 am

Carbs are or are not evil, natural dudes are or are not at a significant disadvantage, some of us write "presidential speeches", there are degrees of nondescript douchebaggery present here and raisins may, in fact, make you poop.

Peace, G

This post is runner up to Big Al's raisins make me poop... in the posts of the year category.

LMAO

Great cliffs

U Mad Brah?
10-01-09, 9:49 am
step up your game brahs... quit the bitching brahs and get to eating and training harder like good brahs should...

theharjmann
10-01-09, 9:49 am
im natural. 2 years ago i went to train at temple gym and i spoke to dorian. i followed this diet for basically a year.

i gained a lot of muscle mass. that diet with M-Stak and Pak put slabs on me.

living proof.

and yeah i pooped a lot.

U Mad Brah?
10-01-09, 9:50 am
im natural. 2 years ago i went to train at temple gym and i spoke to dorian. i followed this diet for basically a year.

i gained a lot of muscle mass. that diet with M-Stak and Pak but slabs on me.

living proof.

and yeah i pooped a lot.

real world experience here brahs... slacking brahs need to listen up...

naturalguy
10-01-09, 10:18 am

there is a diet posted here as the OG post full of wholesome, natural foods from a variety of sources and basic supplements that have been proven over time, this thread is so off track with people arguing the most asinine details. FUCKING EAT BIG AND TRAIN HARD, there is no needed science to it. There are cats in the pen and brothers working in construction throwing down thick meat and potato meals and moving heavy slag iron, putting in work, while we sit around and argue about how many calories is too much and I’m 6’ tall @ 150 pounds will a roll of quarters in my pocket and worried I might get fat if I eat 2 cups of oats and a banana or will a ultra isolated super twist bicep curl will give me the perfect peak and not be overtraining…..are you serious.

Lets just get back to business at hand….training hard, eating healthy and big, pushing, scratching and clawing past that next roadblock. Let me promise you, that guy you hate who is a little bigger then you, a little leaner, moves more weight, has a spoon full of food he’s choking down and eyeing up his next work out…not worrying if he eats 5% more protein he may turn all to fat

Well said. People spend too much time overanalyzing things

LittleMan55
10-01-09, 10:30 am
Well said. People spend too much time overanalyzing things

I wonder how much of this is a cuasal effect of the ever changing scientific studies relating to bodybuilding? I read them for what they are some helpful information, but not the gospel truth. However, it is easy to see how some could get wrapped around the axel and drive themselves nuts over them. With regards to these it always seems to be something new and cutting edge that will produce better and better results. One day they advocate x and the next its y, which makes x wrong, then it is back to x. What I often see from them is utter confusion and entirely too much debate and over thinking.

A diet template (which is what is listed here) is one of the easiest ways to be consistent. Consestency is paramount to building one hell of a physique. By knowing whats coming and slaming it down day in and day out, results can really take off.

krazyassmexican
10-01-09, 10:51 am
I don't get the debate. The diet posted up could work very well for a natural bodybuilder of course with all diets their needs to be some adjustments and individualization. With all diets and training programs you start with a base and see how it works and then make adjustments when you see how YOUR body reacts.

To make a blanket statement that this won't work or is not optimal for a natural is not realistic.

all of you guys are overlooking something about this diet Looks to be a fuckin flavor full way of bulking

krazyassmexican
10-01-09, 10:53 am

Peace, G

i am glad we are in the same channel and i am glad you didnt take any of my douchbag posts as an offense and you took your time to read between the lines, now all bulkers enjoy some food, and us cuttin, let the suffering beggin

prowrestler
10-01-09, 10:53 am
god dammit dorian yates...why oh why did you have to eat like a bodybuilder....look what you started.

im gonna go eat now

naturalguy
10-01-09, 10:59 am
I wonder how much of this is a cuasal effect of the ever changing scientific studies relating to bodybuilding? I read them for what they are some helpful information, but not the gospel truth. However, it is easy to see how some could get wrapped around the axel and drive themselves nuts over them. With regards to these it always seems to be something new and cutting edge that will produce better and better results. One day they advocate x and the next its y, which makes x wrong, then it is back to x. What I often see from them is utter confusion and entirely too much debate and over thinking.

A diet template (which is what is listed here) is one of the easiest ways to be consistent. Consestency is paramount to building one hell of a physique. By knowing whats coming and slaming it down day in and day out, results can really take off.

It's that and the nature of the internet. The internet is a double edge sword. There is lots of good info HOWEVER there is also an overload of info and it can be confusing as to who to listen to.

In a way I am glad that my first several years of training that there was no internet. Yes I am sure I wasted some time figuring things out however I can see that I would be easily confused by all the conflicting information and overanalyzation that is available today.

GJN5002
10-01-09, 11:11 am
It's that and the nature of the internet. The internet is a double edge sword. There is lots of good info HOWEVER there is also an overload of info and it can be confusing as to who to listen to.

In a way I am glad that my first several years of training that there was no internet. Yes I am sure I wasted some time figuring things out however I can see that I would be easily confused by all the conflicting information and overanalyzation that is available today.

I agree. Instead of getting advice from a few big guys in the gym and learning as you go, you get advice from 1000 guys on a forum and dont stick with any training or eating program long enough to reap the benefits.

It all really is individual thing, some people will eat 5000 calories and grow and do well, some people will turn to a pile of fat shit. Its not an arguement of carbs, or training, just of individual metabolism and dedication.

natural guy said it best
"I don't get the debate. The diet posted up could work very well for a natural bodybuilder of course with all diets their needs to be some adjustments and individualization. With all diets and training programs you start with a base and see how it works and then make adjustments when you see how YOUR body reacts.

To make a blanket statement that this won't work or is not optimal for a natural is not realistic. "

krazyassmexican
10-01-09, 11:18 am
I agree. Instead of getting advice from a few big guys in the gym and learning as you go, you get advice from 1000 guys on a forum and dont stick with any training or eating program long enough to reap the benefits.

It all really is individual thing, some people will eat 5000 calories and grow and do well, some people will turn to a pile of fat shit. Its not an arguement of carbs, or training, just of individual metabolism and dedication.

natural guy said it best
"I don't get the debate. The diet posted up could work very well for a natural bodybuilder of course with all diets their needs to be some adjustments and individualization. With all diets and training programs you start with a base and see how it works and then make adjustments when you see how YOUR body reacts.

To make a blanket statement that this won't work or is not optimal for a natural is not realistic. "

i thought that was already past

GJN5002
10-01-09, 11:23 am
i thought that was already past

come on KAM, thats the beauty of the internet, you can rehash anything.

Plus I missed all the action after I left work for the day and didnt get online.

krazyassmexican
10-01-09, 11:26 am
come on KAM, thats the beauty of the internet, you can rehash anything.

Plus I missed all the action after I left work for the day and didnt get online.

pft!!

jk how u been bro?

Naturally Huge
10-01-09, 12:18 pm

This is B.S. It is suitable for anyone, natural or enhanced, wanting to pack on real size and thickness. Just adjust the calories for your own body. I eat this way every day in the off-season and it works. No, right now I'm not at 3% bodyfat and I don't have ripped abs, but my shirts AND PANTS are feeling tighter and my poundages are going up, up, up. I can diet later.

Naturally Huge
10-01-09, 1:06 pm

Yo, go back and read my first post on this. Dorian wasn't a pro back then. He hadn't even won a national overall title. It was his diet for putting on mass and power in his early training years while livin' like we do--working and trying to make ends meet. I bodybuild without drugs and I've found that I make the best gains in size and strength with A LOT of good food. Don't be afraid, just eat like an ANIMAL.

On Letting Go
10-01-09, 2:50 pm
I do think that some of his food choices are interesting. I'd never thought of utilizing raisins in my diet.

Something seems to bug me about the 15% fat intake though. I guess if youre consuming 5000cals daily then yea, youre getting 83g of fat. But how many 'normal' (see: clean, average genetics) lifters actually need to consume 5000calories to gain weight? That aside, say you used Yates ratios on a lower calorie intake (which is what you guys are suggesting), like 3500cals... then youre only getting 58g of fat daily, which IMO is too low for a mass building diet.

I seem to read a lot (here, amoung other places) about the benefits of healthy fats (typically in the 25-30% of daily kcal range) and i dont quite see why youd want to to cut your fat intake down while trying to build mass.

Appollonian
10-01-09, 3:33 pm
I do think that some of his food choices are interesting. I'd never thought of utilizing raisins in my diet.

Something seems to bug me about the 15% fat intake though. I guess if youre consuming 5000cals daily then yea, youre getting 83g of fat. But how many 'normal' (see: clean, average genetics) lifters actually need to consume 5000calories to gain weight? That aside, say you used Yates ratios on a lower calorie intake (which is what you guys are suggesting), like 3500cals... then youre only getting 58g of fat daily, which IMO is too low for a mass building diet.

I seem to read a lot (here, amoung other places) about the benefits of healthy fats (typically in the 25-30% of daily kcal range) and i dont quite see why youd want to to cut your fat intake down while trying to build mass.

If you have a raging metabolism 5000 calories isn't too far fetched. I'm eating 4500 a day right now and only adding about 1.5 lb a month.

U Mad Brah?
10-01-09, 3:51 pm
gotta base it on real world results brahs, stop living in the texbook world brahs...

prowrestler
10-01-09, 4:01 pm
gotta base it on real world results brahs, stop living in the texbook world brahs...

stop using the word brah every other word...

Wasteland
10-01-09, 4:17 pm
/thread

Ok, I tried, lol.

Aggression
10-01-09, 4:21 pm
November 1st starts my off season. I'm doing this exact diet. We'll see what happens :)

Dr.Platypus
10-01-09, 4:25 pm

This is good. I agree. Everyone needs to figure out a base for their diet and a base for their training and use diets like these and training info to tweak their base until they get maximum results.

At least that's what I do... haha

naturalguy
10-01-09, 4:33 pm

Agreed, it's quite annoying

U Mad Brah?
10-01-09, 4:34 pm

why so srs brahs... worry about training/diet not the language i use with my good brahs

Wasteland
10-01-09, 4:36 pm

Then vote, lol: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=27894

G Diesel
10-01-09, 4:38 pm

He makes me laugh in a "raisins make me poop" kinda way.

Peace, G

U Mad Brah?
10-01-09, 4:41 pm
good brahs, don't get lost in how one brah speaks to another brah but rather what tidbits of solid info he spreads to his brahs around him... when it comes to training and diet, this brah is as hardcore as it gets

prowrestler
10-01-09, 4:43 pm
good brahs, don't get lost in how one brah speaks to another brah but rather what tidbits of solid info he spreads to his brahs around him... when it comes to training and diet, this brah is as hardcore as it gets

brah i get what your saying..brah

krazyassmexican
10-01-09, 6:07 pm
for some reasson i think this dude is either a gimmick account or is a pit poster on either md or rx muscle

ronald1919
10-01-09, 6:29 pm
I think some people have shit genetics.

I was eating a shitload of carbs+protein and never went over 16-17% bf at 220.

andrewT
10-01-09, 6:40 pm

epitome right there

I have this book. Dorian ate 15% fat because he says he was young, in an important tome of growth and wasn't worried about being cut to the bone!

that being said I followed his beginner workouts. Trained HARD 3 times a week and followed this diet (I actually ate a bit more) and went from 185 to 202. I was about 15% BF but I gained GOOD size and was upping poundages.

everyone is different but Mcfly stated the constants: Hard work, good eating!

krazyassmexican
10-01-09, 6:41 pm
I think some people have shit genetics.

I was eating a shitload of carbs+protein and never went over 16-17% bf at 220.

we all got shit genetics, all of us, in my case i could look at a barbell loaded and grow my quads, hams even calves but when it comes to upperbody i suffer

ronald1919
10-01-09, 7:24 pm
we all got shit genetics, all of us, in my case i could look at a barbell loaded and grow my quads, hams even calves but when it comes to upperbody i suffer

I am not just talking about weak bodyparts, we all have them. but there are other factors like metabolism...
I think your genetics also determine your carb tolerance. I was reading a study about cultures eating in regards to carb and fat...some people are better at oxidyzing fat while other do MUCH better on high carbs.

rm7vlad
10-01-09, 7:41 pm
Breakfast:
8 ounces whole milk
1 piece fresh fruit.

Lunch:
1 piece fresh fruit

Dinner:
large raw salad
1 piece fresh fruit
8 ounces whole milk

if you read through that book you should be able to find a part where he talks about protein shakes he used to take between those meals and they are pretty good in terms of calories and amount of protein...

Dr.Platypus
10-01-09, 11:36 pm
if you read through that book you should be able to find a part where he talks about protein shakes he used to take between those meals and they are pretty good in terms of calories and amount of protein...
someone posted em already

Ragnar13
10-02-09, 10:49 am
for some reasson i think this dude is either a gimmick account or is a pit poster on either md or rx muscle

Bottom line is that he has decent posts AFTER I edit all the brah nonsense out of it. Can't understand it till I do that.

Ragnar13
10-02-09, 10:51 am

You are one luck Mofo! Most guys stuggle to the end of time on leg development. Or they only say they train legs hard and blame it on genetics...lol! Me, I am average at best....but working hard to change that!

JUGGERNAUT
10-02-09, 10:53 am
JUGGERBRAH does not have a good ring to it.

JUGGERNAUT
10-02-09, 10:56 am
Nice to see this thread finally going in a good direction. A 5k cal diet CAN work.

prowrestler
10-02-09, 10:58 am
Nice to see this thread finally going in a good direction. A 5k cal diet CAN work.

x2!

LittleMan55
10-02-09, 11:13 am
Bottom line is that he has decent posts AFTER I edit all the brah nonsense out of it. Can't understand it till I do that.

I thought the same thing. They got nuggets as he said (reminds me of raisens in poop), but its all Brah'd up to the point you get lost.

JUGGERBRAH does not have a good ring to it.

Brah, what you mean? JUGGERBRAH's got potential.

Dr.Platypus
10-02-09, 11:22 am

I know what you mean man, my triceps get a pump from mixing my pre-workout shake but i have a helluva time with chest/back

edit: i know what you mean, BRAH

U Mad Brah?
10-02-09, 1:42 pm

ain't that the truth juggerbrah

JUGGERNAUT
10-02-09, 1:46 pm
ain't that the truth juggerbrah

I have been blessed by the Brahness...

JUGGERNAUT
10-02-09, 1:47 pm
I thought the same thing. They got nuggets as he said (reminds me of raisens in poop), but its all Brah'd up to the point you get lost.

Brah, what you mean? JUGGERBRAH's got potential.

Apparently so...

krazyassmexican
10-02-09, 2:36 pm
brahs all i gotta say is that you overthink way too much brahs

stick to a fuckin diet or training routine a good sixteen weeks and if it doesnt work then change it but the time we waste overthink is gold brahs whatta hell is wrong with our minds brahs

G Diesel
10-02-09, 2:56 pm
Breakfast:
8 ounces whole milk
1 piece fresh fruit.

Lunch:
1 piece fresh fruit

Dinner:
large raw salad
1 piece fresh fruit
8 ounces whole milk

Add like 2 shakes to that plan and maybe a 4th smaller meal and I really dig that diet. Tough to argue with Arnold.

Peace, G

JeremyT
10-02-09, 3:01 pm
I read this entire thread haha. As the 150 pound young buck that everyone refers to, while I doubt I can eat as much as dorian did, I'm going to try. I may scale back some of the parts just a touch like the pint of milk, three bananas, and 2 protein bars after the workout, but im going to try. Even like G just said above, a diet like the arnold one would be great so thats what I'm going to do. I am natural, and I am young, and I am small, but I'm going to fucking EAT until my money runs out, train my bloody ass off, and I Will see some results. Lets get going.

JeremyT
10-02-09, 8:03 pm
Edit to that post. - Tomorrow I start this, today the hottest girl in my 300 person econ class asked me to a house party at her house, and I can't refuse. lol. Sorry boys.

Dr.Platypus
10-02-09, 8:22 pm
hey man I was that 150 young buck a few weeks ago, now I'm 160 haha

Reacher34
10-02-09, 8:24 pm
Edit to that post. - Tomorrow I start this, today the hottest girl in my 300 person econ class asked me to a house party at her house, and I can't refuse. lol. Sorry boys.

A party is no reason not to follow your diet and to abandon your principles. By no means should you pass on a chance to hang out with the hottie. But be sure not to sacrifice your goals. Have fun bro, and good luck (with the lady and your physique).

LittleMan55
10-02-09, 8:36 pm
brahs all i gotta say is that you overthink way too much brahs

stick to a fuckin diet or training routine a good sixteen weeks and if it doesnt work then change it but the time we waste overthink is gold brahs whatta hell is wrong with our minds brahs

Is 16 weeks a magic number in this sport or something? I know one thing, you can tell in a few (3-5) weeks if a diet is working for you or not. So that much time may not be needed for those intune with their bodies. It is true to be consistent, but if something aint getting the job done and you know it why stick with it a full 16 weeks? or are you meaning do something consistently?

Just wondering.

Dr.Platypus
10-02-09, 9:09 pm
regarding the 16 weeks thing I'd say you need to set up a base for training or diet, if you aren't seeing the results you want after a month, tweak it, another month more tweaking for better results... after three or four months you should have an idea of whether or not this is something to stick to and tweak, or something you need to completely change.

just my idea of it tho

LittleMan55
10-02-09, 9:42 pm
regarding the 16 weeks thing I'd say you need to set up a base for training or diet, if you aren't seeing the results you want after a month, tweak it, another month more tweaking for better results... after three or four months you should have an idea of whether or not this is something to stick to and tweak, or something you need to completely change.

just my idea of it tho

No that makes sense especailly after going through prep. I know what its like to tweak and run, tweak and run, tweak and run.

What I was getting at is that if you are intune with your body you are able to tell fairly soon what will work for you or not. Just seems like a very extended time to go 8 to 12 weeks of something that is obviously not working just to get to 16 and then decide it is not for you. Thats my point!

You are on the money in that time is the only way to tell.

G Diesel
12-08-09, 12:21 pm
PS.raisins make me poop.

Bump for genius.

Best post ever.

That is all.

Peace, G

J-Dawg
12-08-09, 12:39 pm
Bump for genius.

Best post ever.

That is all.

Peace, G

That's gotta be on a t-shirt, lol.

newbreed
12-08-09, 1:20 pm
x2

G Diesel
04-23-10, 12:26 pm
PS.raisins make me poop.

Just wanted to take this chance to bump the best post ever on the FORVM (plus this is a really good thread).

Peace, G

J-Dawg
04-23-10, 12:34 pm
Big Al's gotta try the Dole raisins. As opposed to being sun dried, these are gently bathed in warm water and then dried in warm flowing air before being packed. Could be the secret for Big Al.

U Mad Brah?
04-23-10, 4:50 pm
gotta eat big to get big brahs... simple as that brahs

G Diesel
07-16-10, 11:00 am
PS.raisins make me poop.

Bumping a great thread.

Quoting the best post ever.

Peace, G

The Misfit
07-17-10, 3:00 am
Just adding on to the food theme. Thoughts from Dante Trudel:

There was a study some years back which included 3 groups--elite sumo wrestlers who did no weight training whatsoever, advanced bodybuilders and advanced powerlifters--about 20 in each group. Now there is a lot of variables here but they took the lean muscle mass of each group and divided it by their height in inches. Surprisingly the sumo wrestlers came out well ahead of the powerlifters (2nd) and the bodybuilders (very close 3rd). This is a group who did no weight training at all but engorged themselves with food trying to bring their bodyweight up to dramatic levels. How is a group that is doing no weight training having more muscle mass per inch of height than powerlifters and bodybuilders? For anyone that doubts food is the greatest anabolic in your arsenal, you better get up to speed and on the same page as what my trainees have found out. Gee now what would happen if you actually ate to get dramatically larger like a sumo, but actually weight trained like a powerbuilder (which is what we train like), and also did enough cardio/carb cuttoffs etc to keep bodyfat at bay while doing all this?

AntoineV
07-17-10, 6:50 pm
If he weighed his oatmeal dry.... I wonder how the hell he ate 150g of oatmeal... I eat 90g and it's like eating paste...

I should try his diet... at least for one day..

prowrestler
07-17-10, 9:02 pm
If he weighed his oatmeal dry.... I wonder how the hell he ate 150g of oatmeal... I eat 90g and it's like eating paste...

I should try his diet... at least for one day..

thats 5 servings of oats right there, brutal... blended up would be do able with some flavour