PDA

View Full Version : Do What You Can, With What You Have, Where You Are

Pages : [1] 2

mjsef88
05-11-09, 8:21 am
When you’re young, you think you’re invincible. No matter how humble you try to be about it, you’re just not.

I don’t have time for a mass introduction, I’ve been on the Forvm since day 1, if you want an intro, go search out there.

I’ve trained Olympic style for a while now. It’s an awesome thing, and I encourage everybody to try it (safely, of course). It’s broken me down hardcore. About … I don’t know how long it’s been … I had a bad shoulder injury, and it’s still been nagging at me. I didn’t want to take time off from any of my lifting. Train smarter, warm up longer, increase attempts by 5-10lbs at a time instead of 20-30, even with warmup sets. It’s just not working. I love Olympic Style lifting, but I need to step away for a while. This was/still is a huge mindfuck for me. But I’ve talked to a few of my contacts in Germany and Russia, who are hardcore lifters, and they’ve all done it. Some take a month, some take years off of it.

I’m not walking away from the gym, I’m just not doing two movements for a while. I think I’m going to take the summer off from it and see how I feel when I start back up in the Paramedic academy in the Fall.

I’m not going to post up my planned routine, because I never stick to them anyways.
My goals are pretty simple: Lose some fat, regain some of that “other” strength, and transform my body back to that of a PowerBuilder instead of an Oly lifter (I’ve got a nice “core” going for me now, time to slim down). I’m not posting up my diet either. I know what works for me. I AM NO DIET EXPERT, there are enough of those floating around here, both definitely legit, and those that think they’re legit. I was a Physical Therapy major/double minor in Nutrition and Exercise Physiology, so I’ve had a lot of college credit hours spent with nutrition.

Most of all, I’m just going to have fun. Yeah, it sucks that I’ll just be staring at the Olympic Platform at the gym instead of working on it, but there’s no use complaining or doing something stupid and going backwards in my recovery.

To all of those who have supported me on here, I am truly thankful. I’m sorry I haven’t had the time to check in on you as often as I’d like, but life tends to get in the way.

Oh and I’ll still be working on Dinner Nooks too…

Let’s get the ball rolling:

Shoulders/Tris: 5am

Clean and Jerk: 99lbs x 1, stopped, decided on all of the above, moved on.

Seated DB Military Press: 45lbs x 12, 55lbs x 10
Reverse Pec Deck: 100lbs x 15, 120lbs x 10
Seated DB Laterals: 20lbs x 15 x 2 sets

French Press: 50lbs x 10, 70lbs x 10
DB Kickbacks: 15lbs x 10 x 2 sets … shoulder said stop
Abs:
Decline Bench Crunch: 25 at bodyweight x 2 sets. Haven’t done these in forever, my stomach is not happy with me. Haha.

At work now, have to do some yardwork when I get home, may or may not hop on the treadmill afterwards.

Vaze_06
05-11-09, 8:28 am
dont forget.. if u need to ... talk... im here :) hehehe
im sub slacker. now get your ass moving.. i want those abs to show again lol

sodapop
05-11-09, 8:33 am
Looks like a good journey. It sucks that you have to take time off from the kind of lifting you really enjoy, but maybe you'll get some shock out of it and ignite new growth. Either way, work hard and get what you're going after!

ghost
05-11-09, 2:28 pm
subbed fucker.

shizz702
05-11-09, 2:32 pm
Let's get it done Matt, you know I'm in. Hope that shoulder gets well soon.

Themostocles
05-12-09, 1:27 am
Damn, you change journies more often than I change my underwear

mjsef88
05-12-09, 7:31 am
dont forget.. if u need to ... talk... im here :) hehehe
im sub slacker. now get your ass moving.. i want those abs to show again lol

That's the plan.

Looks like a good journey. It sucks that you have to take time off from the kind of lifting you really enjoy, but maybe you'll get some shock out of it and ignite new growth. Either way, work hard and get what you're going after!

Again, that's the plan. Taking time off sucks, but there's no reason to sit and sulk over it.

subbed fucker.

Wouldn't have it any other way.

Let's get it done Matt, you know I'm in. Hope that shoulder gets well soon.

Good to see you buddy. How have you been?

Damn, you change journies more often than I change my underwear

Gotta keep it fresh, unlike underwear, which needs to have a certain musk that only comes with time. haha.

--------
Going to train out in the yuppie gym today after work. I'm trying out going to the gym in the afternoon today and tomorrow to see how it works. If I can sleep in past 5am in the future, I'm going to.

ghost
05-12-09, 9:48 am
psst.... going to home depot for Chains and a Collar.... time for some fun bitch.

mjsef88
05-12-09, 9:50 am
psst.... going to home depot for Chains and a Collar.... time for some fun bitch.

Friday night/Saturday morning are going to be fun times.

ghost
05-12-09, 9:53 am
Friday night/Saturday morning are going to be fun times.

shit yeah they are. we are going to DOMINATE fucking RSLV2 in real mode bitches. im thinking of picking up some Pump today... hmmmmmmm .lol.

mjsef88
05-12-09, 5:38 pm
Went to yuppie gym after fuckall busy day.

-Intensive shoulder warmup
-Intensive stretching in the "yoga" area. In my real gym they call it a corner with mats.

By this time the gym was packed. Like, *insert random celebrity name here* was there and giving away free naked pictures packed.

So I grabbed a power cage (suprizing that it was vacant and nobody in a 5 foot radius was there).

Rack pulls, floor presses, squats, shoulder presses, standing french press, stiff leg deads and rows were on tap. Nothing too heavy or light. Just kind of did it all for 3 sets of 8.

Felt good, got the fuck out. Going back to the home base tomorrow to hit up some heavy chest and bis.

shizz702
05-12-09, 7:32 pm
Man glad to see you could grab that power rack, lol the last thing you would've wanted would be for some fool to be doing curls in it! ;)

I'm doing pretty good bro, eating good, and clean, and training hard as usual.

How's things going for you?

Phil800101
05-13-09, 12:12 am
Looking good in here Matt! Sounds like a plan to me. You know I'm down for this, consider me subbed.

Themostocles
05-13-09, 1:09 am
A power rack, a bar, and some plates is all you need lol.

mjsef88
05-13-09, 7:57 am
Man glad to see you could grab that power rack, lol the last thing you would've wanted would be for some fool to be doing curls in it! ;)

I'm doing pretty good bro, eating good, and clean, and training hard as usual.

How's things going for you?

School is over, work is picking up, and diet is getting more and more in check. So I guess things are good.

Looking good in here Matt! Sounds like a plan to me. You know I'm down for this, consider me subbed.

Awesome. So, now that I'm working more hours, I'm looking into a stock AR, and just building it up from there. My shop has a DPMS AP4 for under a grand (little over with tax) that I'm really looking into.

A power rack, a bar, and some plates is all you need lol.

Ain't nothin' better.

mjsef88
05-13-09, 5:19 pm
Incline DB Flys: 3 sets of 12,10,8
Flat DB Bench: 3 sets of 8

Alt DB Curls: 2 sets of 15
Standing DB Hammer Curl: 2 sets of 10

Rehab pre/post workout.

Firedrake
05-13-09, 5:55 pm
Okay, so: you moved and didn't tell me. I'm offended . . . NOT!

Count me in, bro!

Themostocles
05-14-09, 1:11 am
Hows the shoulder?

mjsef88
05-14-09, 8:01 am
Okay, so: you moved and didn't tell me. I'm offended . . . NOT!

Count me in, bro!

Posted a forclosure sign on the door of the old journey. Good to have you along either way!

Hows the shoulder?

Good days and bad days. Good news is that the space between the two is starting to stretch out a little.

---------------------------------
Back:
Deads: 3 sets of 5 (still don't think I'll be doing working sets over singles or doubles)
DB Rows: 2 sets of 8
T-Bar Rows: 1 set of 20
Chins: 3 sets of 1.....yep...gotta get back into these hardcore

Legs:
Front Squats: 2 sets of 8
Leg Extensions: 1 set of 15 (Havn't done these in months, legs were on fire, even with a light weight)
Lying Leg Curls: 2 sets of 12 (See comment on leg extensions)

Done for the week. Friday is "rest". Heading over to Rcrott1's to get ready for Saturday, play some vidya games and just hang out. Saturday is "all city trash collection" for his town. He has like...alot...of concrete that needs to be thrown into a dumpster. Should make for an awesome workout.

Themostocles
05-14-09, 8:16 am
Good news on the shoulder and nice workout Matt, have fun chillin with Matt

ghost
05-14-09, 8:24 am
even more fun is that it is supposed to be raining... joy.

mjsef88
05-14-09, 10:08 am
even more fun is that it is supposed to be raining... joy.

Na Zdravi. At least Friday is supposed to be nice. We'll get them in piles ready to go, so Saturday morning we just have to load/unload.

ghost
05-14-09, 12:22 pm
Na Zdravi. At least Friday is supposed to be nice. We'll get them in piles ready to go, so Saturday morning we just have to load/unload.

need to make a home depot run for some new tools. :)

mjsef88
05-14-09, 12:30 pm
need to make a home depot run for some new tools. :)

What's on the list, homie?

ghost
05-14-09, 12:33 pm
What's on the list, homie?

new circular saw, and whatever else i feel like. lol.

mjsef88
05-16-09, 2:03 pm
Hauled concrete, pulled up fencing, ripped down trees and ate fried egg sandwiches.

Good night/day at Robs.

Passing out for a while.

Themostocles
05-18-09, 6:30 am
Least you aren't afraid of alittle hard work

mjsef88
05-18-09, 1:02 pm
Woke up late, scrambled to work. No one noticed, played it off cool. BUT, no food, no coffee, no waterbottle. Today fucking sucked.

no coffee=bad. It's just....it's just bad. Conned a retail girl to go on a starbucks run. Helped out a little.

Went to the gym. Started to train back, but I felt like death. Decided to do active shoulder rehabilitation (because hey, I'm already here, might as well make the most of it). After a little bit of that I hit the sauna for a bit.

Came home, at 3 hamburgers and have been drinking coffee non-stop. Making a run to the hardware to pick up a deadbolt. Need something new to practice lock-picking.

Tomorrow looks like it's going to be a double up day. Already can't wait. Tonight I'm packing the cooler before I go to bed.

Firedrake
05-18-09, 9:11 pm
I'm with you! If I don't pack everything up at night, I'm screwed.

Of course, I made my shock therapy/EAA Stack up last night and promptly left it in the fridge this morning . . . ooops!

mjsef88
05-19-09, 7:41 am
I'm with you! If I don't pack everything up at night, I'm screwed.

Of course, I made my shock therapy/EAA Stack up last night and promptly left it in the fridge this morning . . . ooops!

Cooler full of chicken and rice, some chunky peanut butter and wheat bread with my jug of water. It was cool enough last night (mid-low 50's), that I just threw my cooler with ice in my truck. No chance of forgetting it today, just had to remember to bring a different ice block for the morning.

----
So the bank that I work at is renovating, expanding and taking on alot of big, exciting changes. This is good, because everybody is strung out with conversions, talking to clients, learning new systems, etc. That my bosses have pretty much just let me do my own thing. Well, all good things kind of come to an end. My department, Wealth Management, is moving up stairs. Instead of hiring a big, expensive moving company, they've "hired" the interns.

the two of us.

the "Big guy that's been here for a while, and the other intern"....the other intern is Lindsay, an adorable girl, that is very good at cross country, and weighs about 100lbs on a good day. Cute as fuck but no real help with moving things like desks, cabinets, chairs, boxes and other supplies/equiptment.

But it's awesome, because this is major job security as well. They are in no rush to move this stuff, unlike last time when I had to call Rcrott1 to come help bail me out. So, again, I'm just working at my own pace, they know I have shoulder issues and a 100lb paperweight to work with (again, I love the girl, she's awesome, and hopefully she'll be more help than what I'm expecting).

Speaking of shoulders. With my new "task", my doctor is sort of using this as a testing ground. I was threatened (finally my doctor figured out a way to get me to listen) to not lift this week. Just cardio and moving stuff. If I feel good, I get the total green light, for everything (except OLY), and his full endorcement to get back to the gym (meaning, if I fuck up and tear my shoulder, my insurance will cover it 100%, long story for a different day).

So, I'm going to do what the good doctor ordered, hop back on the cardio bandwagon, and keep up on the active rehabilitation.

Sucks sitting on the sidelines, but this time I'm not bummed out about it. Like Seth said, I'm young, might as well take advantage of having some fun this week while I can. Becuase next week starts a new mentality.

ghost
05-19-09, 8:13 am
hahaha, lemme know if you need help moving that shit, im free on mondays and fridays... you know im down brother

mjsef88
05-19-09, 8:15 am
hahaha, lemme know if you need help moving that shit, im free on mondays and fridays... you know im down brother

ha thanks for the help, but it's all good. they are the cubicle desks that break down, same with the cabinents and everything else. Dude, I do NOT want this to get done quick. The longer I work on this, the longer I don't have to work on a stupid, pointless project.

ghost
05-19-09, 1:40 pm
ha thanks for the help, but it's all good. they are the cubicle desks that break down, same with the cabinents and everything else. Dude, I do NOT want this to get done quick. The longer I work on this, the longer I don't have to work on a stupid, pointless project.

ah, so true... lol.

Vaze_06
05-20-09, 9:16 am
Matt is a good lil boy who listen to his doc hehe.. i must say Finally =p
have fun moving things and keep on being good to that poor shoulder

Thrawn
05-20-09, 9:43 am
Took me a little time to get here, but you KNOW i wont let you travel on these iron roads alone. I know about injuries, i know how they can mess with you.
Even if you dont admit it yourself, you have the same big heart as us. You need to have HEART to go under the barbell again. Lightweight or not, under the barbell is where we need to be. NOT trying is NEVER an option.
Keep doing what you do, Matt. No one trains like you do and that is DAMN refreshing. It is downright INSPIRING. It keeps ME going too.

Bottoms up! *downs a 1700 cal shake, toasting to Matt*

mjsef88
05-20-09, 2:03 pm
Bert- I have the same feeling of a connection. Glad to have you along on whatever lifting log I move to.

In other news: At work. Man I really hate people. Just…just too many reasons why. I need a more active job. Paramedic school can't start soon enough.

Thrawn
05-20-09, 4:52 pm
He buddy, just wanted to let you know i am experimenting with your home made chalk recipe.
I have my first little batch in the oven now, just needs a bit more drying.

You know that stage where you add water to make a nice paste of it? I call that stage of the process fondly : making the Matt-batter in your honor =)
No, no, dont hug me, you are welcome, LOL

blueIMlifter
05-20-09, 11:05 pm
well at least you're coming back around to the good side. (bodybuilding that is) MUHHAHAHAHA.

Themostocles
05-21-09, 1:56 am
Man I really hate people.

Preach on brother! Hallelujah!

mjsef88
05-21-09, 7:44 am
You know that stage where you add water to make a nice paste of it? I call that stage of the process fondly : making the Matt-batter in your honor =)
No, no, dont hug me, you are welcome, LOL

....I'm going to go ahead and not comment. hahahaha.

well at least you're coming back around to the good side. (bodybuilding that is) MUHHAHAHAHA.

Those are fightin' words, buddy.

Preach on brother! Hallelujah!

Seriously I don't know how Rob does his job. These are my CO-WORKERS that I'm ready to comit bodily harm to, not "clients".

Cooking up a new dinner nook...sometime soon.

mjsef88
05-21-09, 8:26 am
Dinner Nook: The Art of the Boomstick

This, even though may seem to be geared to beginning shooters, is not recommended to them. Moderate to Advanced shooters only:

Of all of the weapons platforms that I’ve had the pleasure of using, the shotgun is definitely the most interesting. It’s the easiest weapon to learn to use. Point and pull. Squeeze the trigger and a handful of shot or a slug will rip through whatever has the misfortune of being on the other end. But, everything is two sided, the shotgun is one of the hardest things to learn, I mean, getting the details down. I’m going to give you an overview.

I have 3 shotguns. One over/under 12 gauge, which is my clay gun (trap/skeet/sporting clays), a 12 gauge pump, made by Tegir Head Automotive company, a Norinco clone of a Winchester 1300, which has been my tactical gun, and a 20 gauge youth model that I’m babysitting for my cousin while she’s living in the city of Chicago.

I’m not going to go much into Clay sports, as that’s a whole different beast, and another Dinner Nook. No, we’re going tactical!

I’m not going to go into the details of my collection too much. Just know that my Over/Under is of a Russian make, and was built under a traditional Russian mentality: Fuck how it looks, just make it work. My 20 gauge (cousins) is fun. It’s small, it’s fast, it’s light. I also shoot the best with it. 20 gauge is a smaller round than 12gauge. It makes clay sports just that much more challenging. It also helps me beat the old men at the range with their several thousand dollar shotguns/gear. My beater has been a project for me. Certain parts of it are compatible with its 1300 clone, but not all. I’ve been able to order enough parts to make it reliable, and it got a fresh paint job. Bert, this is what I was talking about. It now sports a Vietnam Era tiger stripe camo pattern that I spray painted and stenciled on.

Now, let’s get down to brass tacks. Like I said, learning on the shotgun is easy. Point, click, pump and repeat. Pretty simple, right? Now, add a background, say a living room. Add people, both friendly and not. Now you have to pick and choose your shots. You could fire, but you’d be hitting your people, and maybe that non-friendly is actually a perp who needs to be brought to justice. And not street justice, legal justice. What kind of shot are you using? 00 Buck? Tactical Slugs? Scatter (bird) shot?

Now, not many people get the opportunity to clear a house with a shotgun. Those that have will know what I’m talking about. You can lower a rifle/pistol and maneuver around corners. Not so easy with a shotgun. You can change your grip on a rifle, you can’t, ever, never take your hand off of the forearm of a shotgun. That’s how you cycle the action to fire off another round. The guy in the stack with the boomstick has a completely different set of rules of engagement. He is usually in position 2 of a 4 man stack. Position one enters and scans, usually taking the obscure corner of a room. Position 2 takes directly in front, and 3 and 4 take the other areas. This is jargon you really don’t need to know.

Here is something you can do: Go to a firing range or outdoor land fill. Put up a target at 50, 25 and 5 yards. Shoot slugs at each, shoot buckshot at each. At 50, the slugs will be very spread out, and I doubt the buckshot will be patterned at all. 25 yards will be a little tighter for both, and at 5 there should just be a big hole in each target. Now: Go for another round. Examine the groupings: Bigger holes.

Rcrott1 and I have patterned (tightly, I might add), 12 gauge slugs at 30 yards with just a bead sight. It can be done.

There’s a reason why my HOME DEFENSE weapon is a shotgun. There’s a reason why my WORLD GOES TO HELL weapon is my Beretta M9. There’s a reason why my GET OFF MY LAWN weapon is my 30-30 (I’ve watched Gran Torino too much). Every situation, every scenario requires a different set of objectives and qualifications. Each one is matched to each other.

Now, you after reading this (albeit scattered) nook, you may want to go out and buy a shotgun. I strongly suggest it. Most Remington 870’s, Mossberg 500/590 and Winchester 1300’s can be had for around $350. You can either purchase a tactical 18.5” barrel (more maneuverable, and the shortest legal length (as always, check your local laws)) for around $125, and a 25 pack of cheap practice slugs for about $25. Go practice, go have fun, go hurt your shoulder (12 gauge kicks, make no mistake about it).

Now you’ve practiced, cleaned and secured your weapon. Make sure that it’s empty, and that no body is home. Walk through your house/apartment. “clear” it as best as you can. Look for blind spots, look for the areas where intruders/burglars would go first. I can tell you that I can clear my house, in the dark, in 12 seconds, and that’s taking my time, and that’s a full upstairs clear (basement not included). I can tell you that, after practice, I can clear Rcrott1’s main floor in about 15 seconds, in the dark. Oh, and don’t forget to be able to strip your weapon blindfolded, you never know when it MIGHT just decide to jam or squib, you need to be able to clear it. Now, don’t get discouraged when you go to do this and you’re slow. I’ve had training in this.

Practice, practice, practice. Both shooting and clearing. You never know when it just might save your life.

And as always, keep your weapons clean. Keep them clear of young ones and for fucks sake, keep your goddamned finger off of the trigger until your ready to fire.

Oh, and it’s ok, when nobody is home, if you want to stand in your living room and raise it over your head and say in your best Ash voice, “THIS….IS MY BOOOOOM STICK”, it’s alright, I’ve done it too.

Vaze_06
05-21-09, 8:57 am
damn.... Sweet ..... thanks Matt
i might start shooting cauz of u.. ok it was already in my mind

Thrawn
05-21-09, 9:11 am
If only owning guns and shooting was easy in the Netherlands... i would SO love to join a club. But regarding the new rules here, its near impossible.
Man, after that nook i am almost ready to pack my bags and change nationality. Go with Rob and Matt to an old landfill and shoot the living daylights out of some random targets.

By the way, my Matt-batter looks ready to use right now! Its a bit more solid then i hoped (it does not crumble/rub very easy) but it feels nice and slightly tacky on my hands. Its gonna get its cherry popped tomorrow!

shizz702
05-21-09, 7:03 pm
Reading that nook makes me miss my shotgun.

I've had two Mossberg pumps, the last one I had pistol grip on it.

Shotguns are nasty, like you said you got to be careful with them cause anything in their way is getting hit when it sprays out!

Phil800101
05-26-09, 2:02 am
Sounds good bro. Reminds me of previous summers when I would do maintenance at a high school...painting 90% of the time, but occasionally we'd get stuck unloading and moving a truckload (or truckloads) of those chair/desk combos. Felt great on the shoulders and back after awhile.

Awesome dinner nook. Sometimes the simple sound of a round being chambered in a pump can be enough to get compliance.

One must also not forget the most important accesory for any self-defense weapon, and that is a good quality tactical light (with a pressure or rocker switch, for quick on/off or burst lighting). Not only does it allow you to see, it will also blind any intruder or would-be assailant.

Phil800101
05-26-09, 2:08 am
I also wanted to add that one of the best things about a shotgun is that there is generally less risk of overpenetration when compared to a pistol or rifle, which is an essential consideration when it comes to home defense. Especially if the house has drywall or if it's an apartment/condo/townhouse. I've known people who lived in townhouses who had 9mm handguns for self-defense, and had magazines loaded with FMJ ball ammo for that purpose. HUGE risk of overpenetration in that case.

mjsef88
05-26-09, 7:28 am
Any sort of FMJ is not suitable for self defense. Frangible ammo, HP or Glasers only. I've heard of people making the same mistakes. I'm also looking for a cheaper clamp for my light. I like it to rest at the 7 o'clock position.
----------------
Well, this weekend I shut down the laptop. It was too nice out to worry about it. I checked it maybe once a day for e-mails, but that was about it. Did alot of yard work and went to see my doctor yesterday. Got an MRI and actually got to see the tear in the shoulder. It's right on the medial head. Luckily there isn't any connective tissue involved, which the doctor said was "strange and extremely lucky" I was NOT cleared to get back to lifting this week. I told him I was starting to go crazy. Cardio is back on the table.

So I'm going to be doing cardio this week. I could get down about it, but that just wastes time. I've got 3 seasons of the Unit (thanks to Rob), so I'm going to make the most of it.

Themostocles
05-26-09, 8:12 am
Atleast I got company on the treadmill then lol. So what are they going to do about the tear?

mjsef88
05-26-09, 8:49 am
Atleast I got company on the treadmill then lol. So what are they going to do about the tear?

Surgery is completely off of the table. It wouldn't heal over by the time I start the paramedic academy.

Active rehabilitation for the time being. I have a standing appointment for Fridays at 9am for a quick check in. I'm going to a specialist tomorrow, even though I think I already know what they are going to say.

I can hold off of the iron for now. No point in doing something stupid. I can still "function" for the most part in moving around normally. Also, I should have no problem doing cardio, so I'm going to do that, and make sure my diet is in check.

I'm in the office right now, but when I get home I may try out doing some like, BMT exercises, pushups, jumping jacks, mountain climbers...just to see if those work out.

ghost
05-26-09, 9:02 am
Surgery is completely off of the table. It wouldn't heal over by the time I start the paramedic academy.

Active rehabilitation for the time being. I have a standing appointment for Fridays at 9am for a quick check in. I'm going to a specialist tomorrow, even though I think I already know what they are going to say.

I can hold off of the iron for now. No point in doing something stupid. I can still "function" for the most part in moving around normally. Also, I should have no problem doing cardio, so I'm going to do that, and make sure my diet is in check.

I'm in the office right now, but when I get home I may try out doing some like, BMT exercises, pushups, jumping jacks, mountain climbers...just to see if those work out.

talked with the neighbor, he cant commit the time needed for the deck, but stump pulling is a GO for next weekend if you are still down.

mjsef88
05-26-09, 9:04 am
talked with the neighbor, he cant commit the time needed for the deck, but stump pulling is a GO for next weekend if you are still down.

Friday/Saturday work? Is Ray still in?

I DEMAND THE SAME PAYMENT! haha.

ghost
05-26-09, 10:06 am
beer and monsters... done. lol. ray will be down, when he fucking decides to come back up from down south... decided to go tell his dad he is Re-Deping.

mjsef88
05-26-09, 8:24 pm
Dinner Nook: Lighting Up a Dark Path (no, this isn't lifting related)

So Phil's post got me thinking about flashlights. They really are important. I don't think I need to go into further detail except that "they light shit up". I have alot of flashlights, or lighting devices, because hey, I'm outdoors alot.

I keep things simple, especially in classification: Light Emitting Diode (or for you non-nerds out there, LED) or "old school", from there it goes "Big", "medium", "small".

LED is definately the way to go now-a-days. There are a few exceptions: My gigantic Maglight just wouldn't be the same if it were LED.

All of my "old school" lights are now in my random areas: Garage toolbox, truck toolbox, truck glovebox, desk drawer, scattered in camp gear.

All of my LED flashlights are a little more strategically placed than that. Big: (Surefire sized), is non-existant. It recently died on me. Thank the good guy upstairs it actually wasn't a surefire, but a cheapie knock-off. Medium sized: at my bed side, in my "tooler's toolbox (alot of gunsmithing gear). I'm looking for a mount to put on my home defense shotgun. Medium size is the way to go, but I'm going to talk about that a little later. "Small" are...er..uh..small. I have a bajillion "led pen lights" scattered everywhere. They were like $1 brand new at Wal-Mart. I think my dad and I bought somewhere between 75-100 together. They are awesome, they are convienent, and if they break/die, who cares? Also, they run on AAA batteries, a big plus. I have those all over the place, even places where I don't think I'd ever need a flashlight. But I don't care, because they are so cheap. Now, my good, "small" LED light: is a pen light, but about 1/2 the length. It's my work light. I use and carry it around alot. LED, pocket clip, bright as the flames of hell, and reliable.

I'm not going to get into which brand of flashlight I like better, because hey, who cares?

Now, in a tactical situation, I want a sure-fire. I've seen guys throw on what I'd call "Big" lights on their weapons platforms. It's unnecessary weight, bulk, and total overkill. But hey, they can do whatever they want. I've also seen guys have what I'd consider "small" flashlights on their AR-15's, and well, that's just not enough.

When picking out a light for a tactical scenerio (e.g. dark house/office building/warehouse), you want something big enough to brighten up your area, but not so big that "ZOMG EVERYBODY SEEZ ME!!!one!!1. You know those cheap, $10 led lights you see at the hardware, an inch in diameter, and about 4" long? That's the perfect size. Brand/quality control/durability testing is all up to you. If the light is going to be sitting in my closet, on my home defense shotgun, at this point and time, with my fiscal standing, then I'm not putting a $120 light on there. That being said, if I were to be, say, deployed to Afganistan on a life or death type deal, I'd think the $120 would be worth it. I know my house layout, in the dark, blindfolded and can even describe to you how many steps to take before you need to take a step and a half to avoid the "creek" in the floorboards. If my $10 light were to fail me, I guess I'd be alright with it.

Mounting issues: I like, on a shotgun, for it to be mounted at the 7 o'clock position, a full fist's length from the forearm (pump part of the shotgun). On a rifle, I like it to be at the 9 o'clock position. The only reason is because rail systems (where you mount things) are at the 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock positions. I'm not installing an expensive, bulky adapter just for 30 degrees of angle change in a light.

BUT! 9/10 of you are NOT in a life or death, tactical situation. So you may be saying to yourself "hey, I'm not in a life or death, tactical situation, why do I need a flashlight?" It's the same reason why I think everybody should carry a knife, a pen and a lighter, too. You never know when you might need it. I get into work at 7am. I'm sometimes the first person in the pitch black office. Guess who didn't stub their toe on a table or cubicle corner?

TL;DR: go buy yourself at least one flashlight.

Yep...no weightlifting makes me feel like I need to post up something in my log...

mjsef88
05-26-09, 10:39 pm
I also feel the need to say:

"even though I'm taking the summer off from it, I still classify myself as an Olympic Style Weightlifter."

....[/end-emotional-kind-of-rant]

Vaze_06
05-26-09, 10:52 pm
I also feel the need to say:

"even though I'm taking the summer off from it, I still classify myself as an Olympic Style Weightlifter."

....[/end-emotional-kind-of-rant]

ooooooooh that like soo Cute!!! (not being sarcastic)
its one of the thing u do the best.. i dont why u should loose the title... u are who u are. Period

and damn u are on fire ... 2 dinner nook in less than a couple of weeks...

take good care of your shoulder sweetie

Themostocles
05-27-09, 1:33 am
For once I actually agree with Vaze lol

mjsef88
05-27-09, 7:36 am
and damn u are on fire ... 2 dinner nook in less than a couple of weeks...

...I'm bored, what else am I suppost to use as filler?

...and thanks...

For once I actually agree with Vaze lol
Dude it's a weird feeling, isn't it?

mjsef88
05-27-09, 10:02 am
Dinner Nook: Why I Walked Away From What I Walked Away From

I've had a long career having short careers. Keeps things fresh

and fun. Learn something, do something, do something better and

then move on.

Boxing Athlete, MMA Athlete, Boxing Coach then MMA Coach (there

are other, more fun things that I'm pseudo-involved with, but

not my point).

I got scouted into boxing. My old gym had a yoga room that had

punching bags. They were available for use to members when

there wern't yoga classes going on. I tried it out, teaching

myself alot, and watching alot of youtube videos of training

and big name boxing. I used the cheap, old gloves they had in a

bin. Well, after about 20 minutes, your hands sweat. I've seen

guys use those gloves for extended periods of time. ...I bought

my own...

An old guy approached me one day and I was hooked. Training 5

days a week, being part of a team. Being 17, white and kinda

big was a yin-yang deal. I was on a team with the average age

of 30, black and average size. I was intimidating, but vastly

inexperienced. You take your punches (literally) and earn your

respect. All of the guys were friendly, anyways.

I got scouted again into MMA. It was a good oppertunity, and I

was star struck at the possibility of big cash prizes, even for

losing. I told my team I was leaving for this. They said "hold

on, we're going to make our own team", and they did. I held

down the only middleweight (185lbs) position. We did our 3

months of non-competition training. We were badass, we were

scrappy, we were hardcore. I was having knee problems, and was

sidelined for a while. I got bored just sitting around while

watching my team practice. One day a coach had a personal

emergency, and I helped out. I never "practiced" again. I got

hired on "volunteer" Assistant Coach, Ground Tactics and

Submissions. I was a ground pound fighter, that's what they

were training me for. I had a little experience in submissions,

but just arm/knee bars. I was learning moves in the coaches

office literally just minutes before I went to go teach.

Remember that yin-yang thing? Well, about 1/2 of the guys moved

over with me, but 1/2 were fresh, as we expanded the team

shortly after I started coaching. This brought down the group

stats a little bit. The average age was now 22ish, and I was

18. Guys didn't like me "smoking" (see any military person for

a definition) them for messing up. One guy gave me problems

constantly. I invited him in the ring with me. About 3 minutes

later when I walked out of the cage and he kind of stumbled

out, I didn't have problems anymore.

Things were awesome. Nothing ever spun out of control, nothing

went wrong. You'd get into confrontations at parties, and

either handle it yourself, or have 10-12 very pissed off

looking guys, with cuts and bruises all over their faces. The guy and his buddys usuially backed down. Then BAM: my eyes were opened. I grew up quick. Suddenly all of the great things didn't seem so great, and all of the benifits didn't really come free.

A corrupt system, with corrupt financial backers and corrupt

athletes. Doing all sorts of illegal things and we had to turn

a blind eye. Legally, I never saw anything, and all of the drug

tests we reviewed came up clean, but we all knew what was going

on.

Then things got shady, and then really shady, then not as

shady, but still shady. Then everybody and their mother got

into MMA, and it was like, dude, you ruined it for me. I got

tired of dealing with young guys thinking they knew better. I

got tired of fighting my own team instead of teaching. We lost

more than we should have. Coaches were starting to jump ship. I

got offered a full time coaching postition on both the MMA and

Boxing team, nice "bonus", and all sorts of other stuff. I told

them I'd sleep on it.

The next day I went to the mall with a buddy. I counted 12

people with "Affliction" or "Tap-Out" shirts on. I asked every

single one of them if they ever trained. 1 did. I wasn't mean,

or beligerant, just curious. That was it. I knew I had to walk

away.

Don't get me wrong, I have one Affliction shirt. I got it as a

promo from the Affliction Rep. I'll be damned if I'm going to

pay $30 for a t-shirt.

I've never been a mainstream guy.I encourage you to be the

same, but not so much that being non-mainstream becomes

mainstream.

Also, if you need an intense cardio session, go do what the

REAL MMA guys are doing, not the punk kids that think they're

doing it.

I had a love for the sport, but it's been long gone. It is no

longer cool or unique or edgy to be a "fighter", becuase

anybody that's ever hit a bag for more than 2 swings is an

athlete. I still encourage anybody thinking about it to do it. With a good, legit group. I still occasionally swing by and observe, help and mess around at some practices. As shady as some contacts are, you never know when you might need to call in a favor or 12.

ghost
05-27-09, 10:08 am
gotta love when people think a brand is cooler than actually doing what it is they are promoting.

i have ONE ranger shirt. just one. i rarely wear it..
i have 1 army shirt, i rarely wear.
i mainly wear my animal shirts, or my irish shirts...

i hate posers on St Pat's, and people who just want a shirt bc it's cool. you need to understand what the meaning behind it is, how much sweat and blood went in to the actual meaning of that shirt.....and live it.

Vaze_06
05-27-09, 10:19 am
sweeeet.... never disappointment by your dinner hook
tho is it ok if i stole one of my bros jiu-jitsu's Shirt?! more cauz its reallly comfy and it has a big ''6'' on the back...lol
as filler... asking the wrong person. starting summer school monday. making just enough time to see some close friends afterward im back at my ''No Life'' for 1 month lol
tho if u wanna join, more than welcome. i need a training partner for boxin and soon muai-thai ... :)

mjsef88
05-28-09, 7:38 am
3 fillings in my mouth yesterday. Got gassed. Was told by the Dentist: there are 4 settings for the gas, 1,2,3,4...25% O2 to nitrus, 50%, 75%, 100% and so on. .5-1 scale is what they usuially go on. They did that for me, felt nothing. Went to 2, which is for like, super tolerant people. Still had nothing. Before he turned it up he said, "3 is strong enough to knock out a Bull Moose. About 20 mintues afterwards, I had him turn it up to 4. He had never seen anybody go up to 4 before. I had a good time.

Unfortunately, afterwards I was drained. Mouth is kinda wierd today. Not sore, but just like...wierd.

Got tons to do around the office today, I'll check in with you all when I get off of work tonight!

Themostocles
05-28-09, 8:19 am
Sounds sucko... but I haven't had a cavity since second grade

Phil800101
05-29-09, 2:52 pm
Good reads Matt, as always. Nothing beats a dependable flashlight. I hate posers, period.

Sounds like fun at the dentist, lol. Hope yor mouth is feeling better today. Same with the shoulder.

mjsef88
06-01-09, 7:39 am
Went to a specialist on Friday, wants surgery, not an option. I have scar tissue putting pressure on a nerve, resulting in a tingly sensation in my pinky. Completely not harmful at all (made sure to get 3 professional medical opinions on that one). Went to work, then went SHOOTING!, then went to visit my best friend at MSU. Long night, long story, still tons of fun.

Saturday, sorted shit out from the previous night. Went (back) to Robs, pulled stumps, trees and all other sorts of fun stuff out of the ground. Ate hockey pucks in honor of the Red Wings game. That's what happens when you let a woman be incharge of grilling hamburgers. haha.

Sunday, tons of yard work in my back yard. At least the bulk of it is squared away for the summer. My grass patch still has yet to grow. Kind of upsetting.

Monday, went to origional doctor at 7. I am now cleared (and medically covered) to start lifting again. The next month is going to be hit or miss come training. I've been warned of that in advance.

Start the road back to recovery, then change lanes to the actual recovery road, then get off at the insanity exit.

Starts this afternoon. At least it's starting now. My dad's brothers/sisters are ALL in town the next two weeks, so at least I won't be drained when spending time with them.

Themostocles
06-01-09, 7:45 am
MMmmmmmm, insanity exit! *floors the gas and cranks it hard up the ramp*

Phil800101
06-01-09, 2:39 pm
Sounds like a good weekend bro. Glad to hear you're cleared to hit it again...KILL IT!

mjsef88
06-01-09, 2:43 pm
Ran the machine area: Every body part, around 100lbs give or take per exercise (more on legs, less on arms, etc). For 8,15,12,10,20 interval reps, around 2-3 sets per exercise.

Worn down. Taking an "every other day" approach. Couldn't have better timing. Family is in town for the next two weeks and work is crazy as all hell.

Phil800101
06-01-09, 2:44 pm
Solid session Matt! Looks nice and thorough, not to mention intense.

Sounds like a plan.

shizz702
06-01-09, 7:35 pm
Way to run those machines Matt!

So how are things?

mjsef88
06-01-09, 9:48 pm
Solid session Matt! Looks nice and thorough, not to mention intense.

Sounds like a plan.

Thanks Phil!

Way to run those machines Matt!

So how are things?

Eh, outside of the world of my shoulder things are great. Job security, friends back home from college, Paramedic in the fall, family in town for 2 weeks.

Lifting and shoulder-wise. I have a tear in the medial head of my shoulder, running down the shoulder head. Thankfully no tendon/ligament/cuff damage. However the natural scar tissue is pushing on a nerve (again, not a big deal), but it's causing some slight numbness in my pinky. I've been told by 3 separate, compitent doctors that it's nothing to be concerned about. The nerve is just adjusting to it.

So yeah, I've pretty much smoked myself out of lifting this week, again. It was a real gut-check. Like, I've been chomping at the bit to get back, and I need to wait it out a bit longer. Definately hitting up some cardio though. I mean, it sucks, but I can at least still crank out some pushups.

Vaze_06
06-01-09, 11:00 pm
hey! push up are always good! esp if .... *cough cough* Never mind!
glad u're doing good Matt. enjoying your vacation i hope?!

LegendKillerJosh
06-01-09, 11:49 pm
3 fillings in my mouth yesterday. Got gassed. Was told by the Dentist: there are 4 settings for the gas, 1,2,3,4...25% O2 to nitrus, 50%, 75%, 100% and so on. .5-1 scale is what they usuially go on. They did that for me, felt nothing. Went to 2, which is for like, super tolerant people. Still had nothing. Before he turned it up he said, "3 is strong enough to knock out a Bull Moose. About 20 mintues afterwards, I had him turn it up to 4. He had never seen anybody go up to 4 before. I had a good time.

Unfortunately, afterwards I was drained. Mouth is kinda wierd today. Not sore, but just like...wierd.

Got tons to do around the office today, I'll check in with you all when I get off of work tonight!

I did the same thing before my surgery. They injected a vile that was suppose to knock me out. nothing. A second dose was suppose to do the job. Sure enough it took a 3rd dose just to get me feeling something. Then again after high school I was addicted to something similar and have a high tolerance. Glad your chompers are filled now so you can eat more.

Themostocles
06-02-09, 1:54 am
Nice work at the gym Matt

mjsef88
06-03-09, 8:26 am
Dinner Nook: The Fun in the Boredom

I talk to Rob (Rcrott1) almost every day. Either on the phone or through texts, or just like...kind of walking into his house saying "CLEAR CLEAR CLEAR! Walking in the front door, shotguns down! (or the occasional "I've got more guns on me and I'll shoot back!). So, we were talking the other day. Boredom. We're both kind of on the injured reserve. It sucks. As he put it, there are only so many video games you can play in a day before you get bored.

Luckily for me, work has been busy. But that's still only from 7am-1:30 pm. That leaves me, on average, about 9-10 hours of daylight to fill my time. I've done alot of yardwork, and paid for it the next morning with my shoulder. I've spent time with friends. Good friends, my best friends. But that's only so much fun for so long. I have no gun projects going, outside of various R&D for prospective projects.

I've been bored. Not lifting does that to you.

It's kind of like when you played sports in highschool. You'd go to school all day, and have like, an hour before practice started. In that time you'd eat, shit, kiss your girl, find your gear and then get out on the field. Sometimes there'd be combinations of two or three. You'd practice for 2-3 hours and then you'd spend another hour eating, shitting, calling your girl, and finding your gear that you may or may not have left out on the field. You get home late, eat again and then do schoolwork or sleep. I mean, we talk about routines and shit, that was a routine.

...and then one day it's over. Like, you're done until the next sport starts up. So like, you'd have 2-3 weeks before you'd have to get ready for the next sport. I mean like, you'd get home from school at 3. .... There, that'd be it.

That's the feeling I have now. I get home from work. I cant hit the gym, so I eat, and play video games, and clean my pistol.

Like, you guys take a rest week off. It's a good time. It's a nice, natural break. Now take a month off, against your will, and the only option to save you is off of the table, because of that whole "training for a future career thing".

I dunno, I mean like. I've been toying around with the idea of just putting it out of my head. Like, just "give up lifting" in my head, but pick it back up later. I can't, becasue I mean like I know it's not going to go off.

Eh. I'm doing fine. I keep forgetting that I'm 20. That's right you old bastards, be jealous.

Well, this isn't really a Dinner Nook now is it? Well, enjoy your breakfast.

Themostocles
06-03-09, 8:30 am
LOL, I know exactly how you feel. When I was out 3.5 weeks last summer with my appendix, I couldn't even work. I just went stir fucking crazy. I went in a few days, but I couldn't lift anything more than my dick. I also didnt eat right or anything else. But I came back with a vengeance when I could, as will you Matt. You are just biding your time right now...

Thrawn
06-03-09, 10:28 am
Yeah, i know that feeling. I know it all too well.
When my knee tendon made sure my longdistance running was over, i had TWO years of problems with it. Everything i tried to do (from basketball to fucking swimming) did not work out. Two years i was sidelined from physical exercise. But i never once thought about quitting physical exercise in any form. It made my will to keep trying stronger. At that point i did not even think about lifting weights at all.
End december 2008. Bert almost breaks his back on the curbstones after being hit by a car. Doctor tells him: 'you will be out for at least two months. you are NOT allowed to train for at least three weeks'.
I was back at it three weeks later.

What i can do, you can do, Matt. Just sit it out. Its hard. But giving up is not an option. I will come over to kick your ass in person if you even consider it. =)) But what am i saying. I KNOW you will be back on track when the time is at hand.

Vaze_06
06-03-09, 12:56 pm
[QUOTE=Thrawn;726298]I will come over to kick your ass in person if you even consider it. =)) [QUOTE]

*cough cough* i Own That Ass, so u stay the fucking away from it! im only person allowed to kick it or grab it.... lolll
come on, aint the time to back down... i managed to stay 2 months with zero exercises cauz of a broken collar bone. took at least 1 year for it be completely heal and same amount for me to get back at where i was... be patient.

Phil800101
06-03-09, 2:27 pm
I know how you feel bro.

When I sprained my ankle last June I was out for about two weeks, and that was with a physical agility test looming over me (it was 12 days before the test that I sprained it, and it was a nasty one).

It's better to take the time off now and be bored/pissed then to push it, force surgery (or worse), and be out even longer...not to mention fucking up paramedic school.

I know you know that, just giving my moral support.

mjsef88
06-03-09, 2:31 pm
I know you know that, just giving my moral support.

Phil's was the answer I was going for. Trust me, I have NO intentions of walking away. But do you guys get what I'm saying, like, mentally trying to trick myself into stopping?

Oh and Bert, if that's what it takes to get your ass over here...then I guess I quit. haha.

Thrawn
06-03-09, 4:47 pm
Phil's was the answer I was going for. Trust me, I have NO intentions of walking away. But do you guys get what I'm saying, like, mentally trying to trick myself into stopping?

Oh and Bert, if that's what it takes to get your ass over here...then I guess I quit. haha.

I totally understand that mental trickery. I still do it every day, being the insecure fuck i am. I try to find reasons to stop on an ALMOST daily basis. That is PROGRESS. Cause i used to do it several times per day =) My better part of my mental instable personality always wins tho.

Hahaha! You got me there! Matt vs Bert... 1-0

Firedrake
06-03-09, 9:14 pm

I totally understand that mental trickery. I still do it every day, being the insecure fuck i am. I try to find reasons to stop on an ALMOST daily basis. That is PROGRESS. Cause i used to do it several times per day =) My better part of my mental instable personality always wins tho.

Hahaha! You got me there! Matt vs Bert... 1-0

I think we all go through it, guys -- the eternal "why do I bother?" argument. The "why do I bust my ass? It's be more fun to mess around, drink beer and not worry about it." The "I'll never be a champion, so . . ." argument.

Fuck that! I'm 55 -- I'll never be Mr. Olympia, but I also won't be that fat slob who can't get up from the couch!

Msjef -- don't mess your head up any worse than you already have. I know this sucks -- remember I hardly trained at all between 2003 and 2008, due to a succession of injuries. It was hard coming back, but it's worth it. I want to see you bigger than ever at NEXT year's Cage!

mjsef88
06-04-09, 7:34 am
I think we all go through it, guys -- the eternal "why do I bother?" argument. The "why do I bust my ass? It's be more fun to mess around, drink beer and not worry about it." The "I'll never be a champion, so . . ." argument.

Fuck that! I'm 55 -- I'll never be Mr. Olympia, but I also won't be that fat slob who can't get up from the couch!

Msjef -- don't mess your head up any worse than you already have. I know this sucks -- remember I hardly trained at all between 2003 and 2008, due to a succession of injuries. It was hard coming back, but it's worth it. I want to see you bigger than ever at NEXT year's Cage!

Thanks Jim.

mjsef88
06-05-09, 8:09 am
Well, all of my uncles and aunts on my dad's side are in town. It's cool, because none of the kids/wives/husbands came in. It's just the "fam". So, I'm dropping off of the radar for a while, maybe a little less than a week or so.

Ontop of that, a few "war buddies" of mine are in town from survival school (instructor buddies). I'm hooking up with them somewhere in the state tomorrow for a good old "run around and shoot things in buildings/woods like old times" Fortress Assaults FTW! (so long as the shoulder holds, I do NOT want to hang back as a sharpshooter for this. I get to kill robot manaquins, so I'm told).

So I'm signing off for a while. Keep killin it!

Thrawn
06-05-09, 8:16 am
Sounds like a great time to unwind, brother!
Have a ton of fun and take pics!!

Vaze_06
06-05-09, 9:00 am
Sounds like a great time to unwind, brother!
Have a ton of fun and take pics!!

x2 take care

Themostocles
06-05-09, 12:47 pm
Good times Matt, enjoy them when they come along. Trust us, we will keep doing what we do

Phil800101
06-05-09, 3:27 pm
Sounds awesome bro, have a great time!

And by the way, I am officially jealous about the shooting.

Firedrake
06-05-09, 3:40 pm
Sounds awesome bro, have a great time!

And by the way, I am officially jealous about the shooting.

x2 -- I haven't been shooting in too frapping long . . .

mjsef88
06-08-09, 9:54 am
The shoot was awesome. Lots (say, 20, including support staff) of ERT LEOs, Military and us kind of "greenside contractors". Was really pushed in a new way with tactical shooting.

And no, couldn't get any pictures in. PERSEC and all. Plus we were all in balaclavas pretty much the entire time. This is a cool thing that everybody can practice:

Have a friend load up a magazine, and pick up 2-5 plastic blanks. Have friend load these at random in your rifle and pistol. Work on clearing jams/switching to secondary. Bloody good time.

Sunday went to do some Trap/Sporting clays with my uncle. ....I don't want to talk about my score...or his score...but together we combined to make one piss poor shooter. hahaha.

Good times with the family, and lots of really good food too. The quality and sizes of the meals really only has me eating 2-3 squares a day.

Shoulder is off and on. I've been doing my rehab every morning and it's still helping.

Tomorrow I go into work, and I'll check up on all of you then!

Vaze_06
06-08-09, 12:38 pm
glad u had fun and keep on taking care of that shoulder

Phil800101
06-08-09, 3:15 pm
Sounds like an awesome weekend bro!

Speaking of shooting, I ordered 100 rounds 0f .45 GAP 200gr Gold Dots, and 100 rounds of Federal LE 12ga 00 8 pellet buck (with the flight control wad). Stocking up on the ole' self defense ammo, just 'cause I feel like it. I'm also sending my shotgun in to Mossberg to get the safety repaired sometime this week, and in the meantime I plan on getting myself a solid tac light to welcome it home with. Any recommendations?

mjsef88
06-08-09, 3:34 pm
Sounds like an awesome weekend bro!

Speaking of shooting, I ordered 100 rounds 0f .45 GAP 200gr Gold Dots, and 100 rounds of Federal LE 12ga 00 8 pellet buck (with the flight control wad). Stocking up on the ole' self defense ammo, just 'cause I feel like it. I'm also sending my shotgun in to Mossberg to get the safety repaired sometime this week, and in the meantime I plan on getting myself a solid tac light to welcome it home with. Any recommendations?

Well I'm a big fan of Go Big or Go Home. By that I mean buy a Surefire or buy a cheap $9.99 LED. A range toy does not warrant a $80-160 light. For "social work" I'd want something I could trust. For my house I could go either way, cheap or not (again, I know my house layout blindfolded, drunk and exhausted). A building I don't know, I want reliability.

Hoped that helps. Grats on the ammo, let alone even just finding it!

Phil800101
06-08-09, 3:41 pm
Well I'm a big fan of Go Big or Go Home. By that I mean buy a Surefire or buy a cheap $9.99 LED. A range toy does not warrant a $80-160 light. For "social work" I'd want something I could trust. For my house I could go either way, cheap or not (again, I know my house layout blindfolded, drunk and exhausted). A building I don't know, I want reliability.

Hoped that helps. Grats on the ammo, let alone even just finding it!

Thanks Matt, I feel the same way. I'm looking for something I can rely on, and possibly use on duty when I finally get my badge. So yeah,I was thinking Surefire or something similar.

You have any personal experience or recommendations for a specific make/model?

Oh yeah, I love the internet. Finding the Federal LE loads was lucky, that is for sure. It is supposed to be some really great stuff, and the price was right (just under $100 for 100 rounds shipped).

mjsef88
06-08-09, 3:57 pm
Thanks Matt, I feel the same way. I'm looking for something I can rely on, and possibly use on duty when I finally get my badge. So yeah,I was thinking Surefire or something similar.

You have any personal experience or recommendations for a specific make/model?

Oh yeah, I love the internet. Finding the Federal LE loads was lucky, that is for sure. It is supposed to be some really great stuff, and the price was right (just under $100 for 100 rounds shipped).

Torch on an unlimited budget? Hands down the M2 Centurion Package:
http://www.surefire.com/M2-Centurion
Make sure it's the M2 (military) and not the C2 (civilian). I figure the extra $20 or so dollars spent on making it a little bit more durable/dust proof is worth it.

Working on a more limited budget: G3 LED
http://www.surefire.com/G3L

Surefire makes more expensive lights, but I've never really worked with them. Also, when mounting it. Make sure to put a layer or two of tape down on the light where the mount clamp would be. A little extra snug ness and more protection never hurts.

I've decided that I need to build a "work" AR. I've gone on these training exercises enough now that I really do need my own, personal weapon.

Oh, and PMags are on cheaperthandirt.com for $13.99 a pop.

EDIT: Also, make sure to get a lens cover-cap (about $32). So worth it (plus it makes it look pretty cool too)

Phil800101
06-11-09, 2:47 pm
Thanks for the suggestions Matt. Good call on the tape.

I did some more research, and the consensus was to go with an LED as opposed to a bulb, due to shock from firing.

So, I ordered a Surefire 6P LED, picatinny rail mount for it, and a picatinny rail that goes on the bayonet lug on my shotty. With the 590A1 I have, most reviews of magazine tube mounts were so-so. Plus the lug mount rail was about half the price of the one decent mag tube rail. If the rail I bought doesn't work out, I'll probably pick that up then. And yeah, I'm going to look into a lens cover-cap , and possibly a replacement end cap that has more functions (strobe, etc).

Cool, sounds like a plan. Keep me updated.

Thanks for the heads-up.

mjsef88
06-13-09, 9:24 pm
Still alive, just staying off the grid on the Forvm.

Will come back Monday with a workout.

ghost
06-13-09, 9:27 pm
Still alive, just staying off the grid on the Forvm.

Will come back Monday with a workout.

-kicks. get back faster, dick. :)

mjsef88
06-15-09, 8:25 am
Alright you bastards and slackers, I'm back. And not just like "oh hey, you're back" but like "oh shit, he's back?!"

My summer dance card is FULL. At least for the next three months. Like, batshit full. To keep you on the up and up, I'm working daily (still lucky), and painting the inside of my grandma's house. I have a 2 hour window inbetween to get to the gym, get home, eat, clean up and get to painting.

Also, in either early or late August, I'm taking a long weekend in Chicago to visit friends and family. I'm staying in the city, and my presence has been demanded at a beach barbeque. Time to shake off the winter gut. I'm not going for big, I'm going for BIG. The girl I'm visiting, she's in Theatre down at Loyola. I've met her friends, they are cool, but never got really WHY the two of us became friends (skinny, metrosexual theatre folk). They've seen me in a hoodie and I looked big. I want to keep that up.

5 day split (and you know how I hate listing off any sort of plans)
Mon- chest and tris, abs
Tues- cardio
Wed- back and bis, lower back, maybe traps if the workout is lighter
Thurs- cardio
Fri- Legs and shoulders
Sat- cardio
Sun- off, maybe light cardio just to not get bored.

I've taken about 2-2.5 months off, so strength, form and class is pretty much down the tube. That is kind of priority number one. I'll be focusing on one big move, with one or two accessory moves to follow it up.

Diet is going to be kind of an "as you can" type thing. Nothing really planned but eating clean. I may or may not (2 or so weeks from now) throw Cuts into the mix, with a more solid diet. Right now I'm just running on the pak and the overhauled prescription joint support.

Feels good to be home, boys (and girl).

mjsef88
06-15-09, 1:20 pm
Lunchtime Workout:

Incline HS Chest Press: 3 sets x 12
Incline DB Flys: 2 sets x 12
V Bar Tricep Pushdown: 3 sets x 12

No time for abs, had to get back to the office.

....possibly, strongly considering getting back to 5am workouts. The day is just too rushed, and it's easier to get to the gym from my house as opposed to from my office.

Vaze_06
06-15-09, 4:29 pm
hmmmm... think im gonna start a new thread... it will be called "May the Bets begin"
bet on when u will disappear.. again... should be some easy money heheheh Justkidding :)

welcome back sugar pie.
thats a good start... ill expect better from u. your ass became kinda small.. time to make it huge again lol

Phil800101
06-16-09, 3:06 am
Sounds like a plan Matt! Awesome session too. Keep on killing it bro.

Let me know if you've got some free time when you're in Chicago. I'm off on Fridays/Saturdays, perhaps we could do some plinking if you had the time.

mjsef88
06-16-09, 7:46 am
hmmmm... think im gonna start a new thread... it will be called "May the Bets begin"
bet on when u will disappear.. again... should be some easy money heheheh Justkidding :)

welcome back sugar pie.
thats a good start... ill expect better from u. your ass became kinda small.. time to make it huge again lol

Nice to know that where ever I go or whatever I do, you're still waiting to throw in a wiseass comment. And I won't legit be disappearing until middle July off into the woods.

Sounds like a plan Matt! Awesome session too. Keep on killing it bro.

Let me know if you've got some free time when you're in Chicago. I'm off on Fridays/Saturdays, perhaps we could do some plinking if you had the time.

Well, dates still haven't been set yet. I'm definately looking Thurs-Sun. As of right now, I have to find time for 5 people, 3 of which would disown me as family and 1 that would never speak to me again if I didn't see them. I'm going to actively try to fit this into my schedule while I'm down there. We've been talking about shooting for too long to not actually do it.

-------------
Was planning on some cardio this afternoon before I hit up my grandma's for some painting butttt..2:15am rolls around. Get the call from friends "can you pick us up from the bar!?"

Now these guys and girls know my schedule. Waking up to do things like that never upset me. I'd be more upset at myself if I told them to fuck off and have something happen to them. Plus it was definately funny to watch 5 extra people squeeze into my truck. I'm definately tired and contemplating a nap this afternoon, but hey, these guys have all bailed me out before, so whatev.

Plus it made for very funny dialogue. So at least it was fun.

Vaze_06
06-16-09, 8:02 am
Ahah!! oh shut up fucker! u enjoy and like my caring ways =p otherwise u would have hit me out of your journey and life a looooooong time ago
ah and you welcome, next time i'll try to do better =)

mjsef88
06-16-09, 9:45 am
otherwise u would have hit me out of your journey and life a looooooong time ago

Shit, you can do that?! Believe me, sister, had I know that, you would have been gone months ago. haha.

mjsef88
06-16-09, 10:03 am
You know, I've been trying to come up with a topic for a Dinner Nook for a long time.

I've been out of the gym for too long, and don't feel comfortable talking about a certain aspect of lifting. I don't think it's in my place just right yet.

I've been leary of talking about some sort of weapons related nook too. I mean, I'm not OPERATOR, but I'm not Mall Ninja either. I mean like, I have some experience, but not like, say +20 years behind the bench and behind a badge or something. I mean, I know more than most, hell, maybe even more than those in the game, but still...it gets old, quick

So I'm going to talk about something so simple, so fun, so "easy" that everybody should do it. Go to your back yard, look around. There's always something that needs to be done. ALWAYS. What's that? You have an old tree that you want gone? Rip that bitch out of the ground, with your bare hands. Seriously, I've done it. Rob's done it. Rob and I have done it together (that just sounds dirty.)

Quick Dinner Nook: Fuck Trees Mr. Hippy Man.

No, like, seriously. Get a shovel, dig. Then start pulling. You're a weightlifter (that's why you're here). You know how to deadlift (and if you don't, you need to get off of this website). Use the same concept, mechanics, form and principle. Feet through the ground (just make sure the ground is solid before you pull. We've quite LITERALLY put our feet through the dirt before). You may need a reciprocating saw (street name: Saws-all, again, everybody should own at least one). Cut out some roots under the stump. Or hey, an axe is way more fun, and a better workout too.Now at this point in reading, you should know what kind of person you are: A.) Insane or B.) Pansy.

Type A, at this point, has said "Hot Damn, I don't even care if that tree is dead, it's gone." Type B, at this point, has said "fuck that".

Now look, I'm not talking about fucking Redwoods, or Oaks, or Maples, I'm talking about the smaller trees that are pissed around suburban back yards.

We've pulled trees out of hard, compacted dirt, loose dirt, rock garden topped compressed dirt and every other way.

TL;DR: Go plant a tree, wait a year or two, then cut it out yourself.

Phil800101
06-16-09, 2:00 pm
Cool, just let me know bro.

That was cool of you. I'd say you definitely made the right call.

Great read. Tree pulling and car pushing are two things I mean to try hopefully sometime in the near future.

Vaze_06
06-16-09, 7:46 pm
Shit, you can do that?! Believe me, sister, had I know that, you would have been gone months ago. haha.

naaa, every guy needs at least one messed up chick in there life.. u have me =)

lol nice diner nook!! guess u are the type B.. i mean A hehe

ghost
06-16-09, 8:00 pm
I mean, I'm not OPERATOR, but I'm not Mall Ninja either. I mean like, I have some experience
What's that? You have an old tree that you want gone? Rip that bitch out of the ground, with your bare hands. Seriously, I've done it. Rob's done it. Rob and I have done it together (that just sounds dirty.)

Quick Dinner Nook: Fuck Trees Mr. Hippy Man.

No, like, seriously. Get a shovel, dig. Then start pulling. You're a weightlifter (that's why you're here). You know how to deadlift (and if you don't, you need to get off of this website). Use the same concept, mechanics, form and principle. Feet through the ground (just make sure the ground is solid before you pull. We've quite LITERALLY put our feet through the dirt before). You may need a reciprocating saw (street name: Saws-all, again, everybody should own at least one). Cut out some roots under the stump. Or hey, an axe is way more fun, and a better workout too.Now at this point in reading, you should know what kind of person you are: A.) Insane or B.) Pansy.

Type A, at this point, has said "Hot Damn, I don't even care if that tree is dead, it's gone." Type B, at this point, has said "fuck that".

Now look, I'm not talking about fucking Redwoods, or Oaks, or Maples, I'm talking about the smaller trees that are pissed around suburban back yards.

We've pulled trees out of hard, compacted dirt, loose dirt, rock garden topped compressed dirt and every other way.

TL;DR: Go plant a tree, wait a year or two, then cut it out yourself.

oooooo ooooo I'm an Operator. :)

and fucking a right Damnit. if you want a REAL ball busting session, grab a shovel and dig that bitch outta the fucking ground.
I know i can vouch for you and Roush being type A... as well as myself, we are all fuckin nuts. :)

mjsef88
06-17-09, 8:26 am
Cool, just let me know bro.
That was cool of you. I'd say you definitely made the right call.
Great read. Tree pulling and car pushing are two things I mean to try hopefully sometime in the near future.

Wilco. Maybe we'll just meet up and shoot after the ABC or something. I'm going to wait and see how work/buying a rifle plays out. If I have more money on hand, I'll be spending more time in Chicago, but as of right now, the goal for the 3 day trip (not including travel) is to spend no more than $100.

And yeah, we've all taken our turns bailing out eachother as DDs, nothing you can ever get upset about.

naaa, every guy needs at least one messed up chick in there life.. u have me =)

I have several, thanks, but that's a long story for a different day, neither here nor there, none of your concern, *insert different question avoiding phrase here*. Plus there's the chance of seeing them more, now that it's summertime and they're home. At least you're in America's Hat, and can't (easily) bug me ;)

oooooo ooooo I'm an Operator. :)

Not even touching this with a 10' pole. Hey, remember that FIRST time we went out shooting? At Target? And you rented a 556, with an ACOG? And I had a better grouping with my cheap-o .22lr and dovetail sights?! hahahahha.
-----------------------
Long story short the Head IT guy of Michigan is going home for a month. The IT Assistant is taking over (temporarily) as Head, and they're kind of cross-training one guy from each branch. I've already had the basic stuff done with them, so now I'm learning more advanced stuff.

I'm learning how to physically and literally build a server, and then program it and link it up. I've been working 7-5 each day, and then going to paint afterwards.

The gym is kind of sort-a out for this week. I'm putting a focus on cardio:

Yesterday:
1 Unit episode (around 54 minutes) of walking at a speed between 2.5-3.5 and an incline of 0.0-3.0

Today:
More of the same.

ghost
06-17-09, 8:33 am
remember when we went clay shooting, at YOUR range, and you had your CLAY GUN, and i had my pump action... who won? lol.

And i am not a fan of "grouping" i like hitting vitals, plural. lol.

mjsef88
06-17-09, 9:22 am
remember when we went clay shooting, at YOUR range, and you had your CLAY GUN, and i had my pump action... who won? lol.

And i am not a fan of "grouping" i like hitting vitals, plural. lol.

yeah yeah yeah whatev. hahahaha.

Package should be in Friday afternoon. If the timing is right, I'll swing by on my "lunch break" again like last time. As of right now, I'm scheduled to work an 11 hour day. FML. If I can't get out, It'll have to wait until Monday...I think.

ghost
06-17-09, 9:26 am
yeah yeah yeah whatev. hahahaha.

Package should be in Friday afternoon. If the timing is right, I'll swing by on my "lunch break" again like last time. As of right now, I'm scheduled to work an 11 hour day. FML. If I can't get out, It'll have to wait until Monday...I think.

roger, sounds good to me.

Phil800101
06-17-09, 2:38 pm
Cool. Yeah, we'll figure something out.

Cross-training is always a good thing.

Do what you gotta do bro.

Thrawn
06-17-09, 3:36 pm
I KNOW exactly about those trees. That is the ONLY way i take them out of the ground. My family thinks i am some kind of retard sometimes. But i just start shoveling and as soon as roots are coming in sight, i try to use as LESS tools as possible. Yanking, gripping, ripping, pushing, pulling. Whatever it takes. Hell, i have even bitten some trees in frustration (hows that for you, hippies?). But i LOVE that kind of work. Just point me to the tree, gimme a first aid kit and get out of my way. It will get DONE.

Phil: carpushing and treepulling FOR THE WIN!!! You should DEF have a go at those.

Themostocles
06-18-09, 1:53 am
I know I saw a workout in here soemwhere.... lol!

mjsef88
06-22-09, 11:48 am
Well, I've seen two epileptics share a plate of noodles with more grace and coordination than my workout today, but here it is: (early lunch break from work)

HS Incline Press: 1pps x 12 x 3 sets
Incline DB Flys: 25lbs x 10 x 3 sets

V Bar Pressdowns: 40lbs x 12 x 2 sets
French Press: 40lbs x 10 x 2 sets

Decline Bench Crunch: 25 reps x 4 sets

small numbers, but really the starting point after a 3 month layover. Shoulder feels great! And as much as I don't want to, I think I'm switching back to 5am workouts...3 days a week.

Vaze_06
06-22-09, 7:06 pm
coffee, coffee, coffee, coffeeeeeeeee!!!!
damn im hyper without coffee... would be nasty with coffee
nice start slacker! glad the shoulders are recovering
if u run over someone in morning cauz u are to hyper ... u can blame the crazy bitch from the forvm hehe, oh shit nvm! u dont need me!

Themostocles
06-23-09, 1:35 am
I hate morning workouts lol. But it was a solid day to be getting back into it

mjsef88
06-24-09, 7:42 am
So let me give you a recap on the past few days:

Monday: shoulder felt good. Like really good
Tuesday: Continued painting in the afternoon. Shoulder bugged me, but I figured it was just from the repetitive motion of painting.
Wednesday: Woke up and did normal morning rehab, checked phone. Saw that there was an opening for an actual MRI instead of just X-Rays. Doc wanted me to come in for a "final evaluation and clear you for lifting". Sweet, I figured this kind of trumps a Back workout.

Get the scan: "Good news, bad news"...shit...Good news is that my shoulder is actually healing up nicely. Bad news is that the tear is deeper than what they origionally thought.

IF this was cought earlier (Around the time of the Arnold Classic), I would have definately, no questions asked, had surgery. Doc was actually suprized that I made it this long in "pain" (really wasn't that bad). Now it's to the point where I can't get surgery on it.

First and foremost, this is not my doctors fault. Remember I'm doing everything under the table, so it's my fault. If I would have formally gone in, this would have been nipped in the bud right away. Oh well. Lifting has to sit on the back burner for a while more still.

This is driving me crazy. As for working out: Cardio is a go (except for moving my hands on an eliptical machine), pushups are a go. Fine, I'm going to go with those.

Today (as planned) starts my diet anyway, so I'll have to make due with cardio and diet.

Speaking of which, I dominated food yesterday. Hamburgers, pizza, pop/soda, meatballs, garlic bread, oreos, cookies, cake, buffalo wings, the works. Now it's out of my system and I can focus on my Beef, yogurt, wheat bread, peanut butter and the like.

Oh and running around and shooting both hands, kneeling, ducking and planting my bad arm into the ground are a GREEN LIGHT. Awesome, I have a 3 gun competion coming up on July 5th.

....so cardio when I get home from work. I still have season 2 and 3 of the Unit to watch.

mjsef88
06-24-09, 5:01 pm
Went to the gym to do some cardio.

Things have changed, and not for the better. There are more Bros and middle aged women. My little slice of hardcore heaven is turning into a Fitness 19.

I'm taking a spiritual turn inward. I'm going back to my basement to lift. Take away the hastle of driving, scheduling, I can lift when I want to lift, and train what I want to train. Keep it simple, barbells and dumbells. One lat tower that doesn't really work (new project, get it running smoothly).

I'm taking it back to when lifting was fun and exciting for me. When I was first starting out. I've even got my 17 year old brother starting along. He rides his bike, and runs alot. He just wants to introduce this. Maybe he'll get hooked, maybe he'll just do it twice a week. Different strokes for different folks.

I'm excited about this, and it actually makes me want to lift, instead of treating it like a chore.

I could go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

But I'm starting to feel happy again (gym wise).

Thrawn
06-24-09, 5:10 pm
Too bad about the extent of the tear. GOOD news it is healing.
I am VERY happy to read about you going back to basics. It sounds like what i would do in your situation. Go back and start again where things were okay. Almost therapeutic, buddy! Do what you want to do, have to do and never forget to have FUN doing that, Matt!
I am in your corner no matter WHAT.

Themostocles
06-25-09, 2:01 am
I am VERY happy to read about you going back to basics. It sounds like what i would do in your situation. Go back and start again where things were okay. Almost therapeutic, buddy! Do what you want to do, have to do and never forget to have FUN doing that, Matt!

Dammit Thrawn, quit stealing my words lol

Thrawn
06-25-09, 5:39 am

LOL =))

Vaze_06
06-25-09, 7:22 am

hey! at least u took the time to think about writing something.. usually u would stick to ''x2'' lazy ass! =p

Themostocles
06-25-09, 7:23 am
hey! at least u took the time to think about writing something.. usually u would stick to ''x2'' lazy ass! =p

Its not lazy, its conserving thought and energy

Vaze_06
06-25-09, 7:29 am

yeah yeah... call it whatever u want... make it look ''pretty''! But the end... The Same Fucking Damn Shit. Period!
now there is no point of fighting over Matt's Ass... we all know he prefers Rob over the 3 of us...

mjsef88
06-25-09, 9:16 am

Thanks guys! Means alot.

LOL =))

yeah yeah... call it whatever u want... make it look ''pretty''! But the end... The Same Fucking Damn Shit. Period!
now there is no point of fighting over Matt's Ass... we all know he prefers Rob over the 3 of us...

Hey, wtf is this shit!? This is MY log, not Vaze's. Cut out the goddamned chatter.

----

So, I've been helping out moderating a private (non lifting related) message board. Most of my online time has been diverted to over there. Which is why I've mainly been in 3 or 4 people's logs, only somewhat often.

Also, I worked out last night, just trying out stuff and feeling it out. I don't have an olympic bar, just a very solid 1inch diameter bar. I know it can hold upwards of +300lbs, maybe 415, but I'm not sure, and not really inclined to test it out now. So all max out attempts will be done in Rob's basement.

Squatting, deadlifting, benching, presses of any sort, they are all different on the skinny bar. It's a different feeling, but the main idea is the same. Just some getting used to is all.

I need two things in the near future. Plate loaded dumbells with threads on the end (instead of the other clamps)...almost crushed my face last night doing DB presses...weight slid off the end.

I also need to go to Home Depot for some rubber padding. I can see deadlifting cracking my basement floor. As hardXcore as that sounds, I don't feel like paying for a new foundation.

GIVE ME IDEAS FOR A DINNER NOOK. I'M RUNNING DRY.

Vaze_06
06-25-09, 9:58 am
hey! why the hell are u yelling at me?! we were arguing about who cares the most about Your Ass! geesh im getting crap for being nice; u guys are worst than chicks.
sweetheart... u arent running Dry... u have always been Dry =)

mjsef88
06-25-09, 1:53 pm
I had FUN lifting today. That mentality, that drive, was there. Even though the weights were like....warmups to warmups, it was a grand time.

Bench: 100lbs (+ bar, I believe 25lbs) x 8 x 2 sets
BB Rows: 100lbs (+bar) x 10 x 2 sets
Seated DB Mils: 50lbs (+bar) x 8 x 2 sets (kind of hurt)
French PressL 50lbs (+bar) x 8 x 2 sets
Decline Bench Crunch: 15 reps x 2 sets

Gotta find out how much each bar weighs.

Thrawn
06-25-09, 4:56 pm
Nice session, Matt! Like the selection of exercises! Maybe include some legs next time!
Best of all: your heart was there too! Nice to get that blood swirling around, huh?

mjsef88
06-25-09, 5:24 pm
Nice session, Matt! Like the selection of exercises! Maybe include some legs next time!
Best of all: your heart was there too! Nice to get that blood swirling around, huh?

Tomorrow is back, legs and bis.

It felt great to get a pump again.

Firedrake
06-25-09, 6:04 pm
I had FUN lifting today. That mentality, that drive, was there. Even though the weights were like....warmups to warmups, it was a grand time.

Bench: 100lbs (+ bar, I believe 25lbs) x 8 x 2 sets
BB Rows: 100lbs (+bar) x 10 x 2 sets
Seated DB Mils: 50lbs (+bar) x 8 x 2 sets (kind of hurt)
French PressL 50lbs (+bar) x 8 x 2 sets
Decline Bench Crunch: 15 reps x 2 sets

Gotta find out how much each bar weighs.

Great! Having fun is a major component of what we do. Unless we get -something- out of our lifting besides pain, we don't continue. That we enjoy the sweat and effort is, perhaps, unusual, but having fun is necessary among the work.

Good for you!

Themostocles
06-26-09, 2:40 am
Lifting is about having fun and personal satisfaction. I had this discussion about this with a lady friend the other day, and it is a very hard to express. But the weights don't matter Matt, its how you feel that does.

Thrawn
06-26-09, 7:13 am
Lifting is about having fun and personal satisfaction. I had this discussion about this with a lady friend the other day, and it is a very hard to express. But the weights don't matter Matt, its how you feel that does.

Exactly. 50lbs press like most of us mortals do or 400lbs press like some monsters do. It doesnt matter. It is YOU that does this with YOUR weight and it is YOUR smile that makes all the difference.

mjsef88
06-26-09, 8:01 am
Great! Having fun is a major component of what we do. Unless we get -something- out of our lifting besides pain, we don't continue. That we enjoy the sweat and effort is, perhaps, unusual, but having fun is necessary among the work.

Good for you!

Thanks Drake. It's great to get back to my roots in my basement.

Exactly. 50lbs press like most of us mortals do or 400lbs press like some monsters do. It doesnt matter. It is YOU that does this with YOUR weight and it is YOUR smile that makes all the difference.

Thanks guys, and no, I'm totally not bummed about my numbers. Just making a simple observation. I'm essentially day 1 back into it after a near 3 month layoff.

But man, just looking around the basement on a rest, covered in sweat sitting on my old bench. Nearly two and a half years ago was the last time I trained down there, maybe even longer....probably even longer.

No, I can't do certain moves anymore, because of a very low ceiling and lack of some unique gym equiptment, but it doesn't matter. There are always ways to grow.

I think I'll snap off a few pics today. It's funny to watch these home gyms spring up. I mean, I'm not in financial trouble, that's not the reason for going back to the basement, infact I think I still have like 3 months on my gym left. But Rcrott1's basement is turning into a dungeon (and I'm not saying he's in financial trouble either...fucker just bought a new TV). A bench, tons of weight, two olympic bars, chains, boards, the works. He's even going to a city wide highschool equiptment sale (getting rid of their old equiptment) tomorrow to try and score some new stuff.

I dunno, maybe I'm starting to ramble, but I'm excited for the next few weeks.

Oh, and I'm going through a yogurt phase. I can't get enough of the stuff.

Themostocles
06-26-09, 8:06 am
I do yogurt like twice a day, I put it in my protein shakes, much easier on my stomach

mjsef88
06-26-09, 1:29 pm
Dinner Nook: ...Like, No, Really, This You Can EAT and READ at the Same Time

So, in my general travels of what I like to call "Fucking off into ... (insert place here)" I come across alot of crazy and wild things. I've eaten alot of unique and off the wall things. Kind of like "Bizzare Foods with Andrew Zimmerman" and "Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations" but toned down a little. Being out in the woods for 1-2 weeks at a time with just a backpack does this to you.

This time, I'm going to talk about quite possibly the best two weeks of my life. I dog-sat for my best friend's family last winter. I did nothing but exactly what I wanted to do. I took these two weeks as a down time from lifting, so I didn't go to the gym. Classes were in a break point, so I went to maybe one or two lectures, and maybe a lab.

I spent the two weeks wearing nothing but my camo pants (two pairs I alternated: Tiger Stripe and woodland camo). I didn't shave, I was constantly in aviators (even inside the house), and I refused to take off my thermal navy blue hoodie (except for showering). Yep, I was also enjoying beer too, I mean, I wasn't driving or going to the gym, so it was all good. Unwinding time is unwinding time. I fell off the grid from friends, and just made random phonecalls to family maybe once a week. I also listened to nothing but The Veronicas, because I really dug their sound at the time. (remember, I live at home, so this was a big deal to me).

Anyways, my cousin was in town for a few of the days. So naturally she stayed with me in the house. Oh yeah, she's a culinary arts master chef, currently working at a very, very, VERY high end resturant in Downtown Chicago. So naturally, she made dinner every night.

The last night she was in town, we didn't go grocery shopping. She taught me how to use leftovers to make a brand new dish. This is one of them that sticks out, not because of its simplicity, or the fact that it's delicious, but because it's now, to me, a comfort food.

Have some leftover redskins? Sour cream? Cheese (both shredded and sliced)? Ranch Dressing? Bacon bits? A left over, unfinished beer from the night before? Check.

-Throw the redskins in a pan, with some extra virgin olive oil. Start browning them
-Meanwhile, squirt a dash of ranch dressing in a bowl, along with some sour cream, bacon bits and the shredded cheese.
-Stir the potatoes, they should be browning up nicely by now. Pour in about 1 oz. of beer (it really doesn't need to be leftover, I'll explain this bit later), and stir.
-Once the potatoes are hot, dump in your mix. Fold everything together.
-Plate and Serve

The beer, which we all know, contains hoppes. The alcohol dissapates out rather quickly, and the barley and hoppes and wheat compliment the starch in the potatoes. It's an underlying taste, and if she hadn't told me she did it, I never would have noticed it. But once I found out...well...you notice.

So, in an awesome-ness scale, this rates somewhere between really, really, really awesome and "Staring in a porno with Taylor Swift and Olivia Wilde". (I've got a huge crush for both of them).

I made this today for lunch...without the beer. I'm going to let this digest for a while and then go train. Now, I wouldn't recommend this for anyone dieting, maybe as a cheat meal. It's totally unhealthy, but goddamnit it's worth it. Also, given the fact that a person may only eat this 2-3 times a year, who cares?

This is entry one into a random series of "Matt fucks off into *location*". I'll use these for when I don't really have a good topic for a dinner nook.

mjsef88
06-26-09, 3:48 pm
Workout was literally every bodypart today:
My little bro needed to learn form, so I showed him form on the basic exercises.

Nice workout, kind of like a pre-contest pump, but with more stuff going on.

Vaze_06
06-27-09, 10:57 am
cute, have a nice weekend hun

mjsef88
06-28-09, 7:54 pm
long weekend painting. Exhausted.

Lifting partner/best friend is deciding to not renew his gym membership (at my gym) and decide to come to my basement. He went away to college this fall/spring, but is home to maybe go through Paramedic with me. Fun exciting stuff.

Also, RAGED hard today with the whole gym scene in general.

YOU are not a top tier lifter. The food you eat, for the most part, will not make that big of a difference, let alone a single macromolecule of it. NO, YOU are not the most hardcore thing out in the world, let alone in the single individual gym. No your not going to get with that girl tonight, stop talking about it, especially on the bench somebody is trying to use. NO, I don't care how much beer you drank the other night, it doesn't make you cool, oh, and for the record I can drink more than you. See how that doesn't matter? No, a Medium sized t-shirt does NOT make you look good, it makes you look like your trying too hard.

Ofcourse none of this is directed at you guys, I love you guys. You're down to earth, real good people. I just am really not regretting my decision to not renew my membership.

I love you guys, really I do.

NJC_Manhattan
06-28-09, 8:57 pm
Just saw this. Got some reading to do

Themostocles
06-29-09, 1:06 am
Im a person first, lifter second. Just the way it is

mjsef88
06-29-09, 7:57 am
Just saw this. Got some reading to do

Sweet, glad to have you

Im a person first, lifter second. Just the way it is

And that's why I love you, buddy.

mjsef88
06-29-09, 8:51 pm
Beach Boys Don't Lift Like This:

Virgin workout in the basement for good-zies this time. Buddy/lifting partner kevin came over. We had a good time, like the old days.

BENCH:
8 reps x 2 sets
6 reps x 2 sets +20lbs
4 reps x 2 sets + 20lbs more
2 reps x 2 sets + 20 lbs more

BICEP CIRCUT:
Alt DB Curls (25lbs) superset with BB Curls (55lbs) 8 sets each exercise, 4 nonstop circuts.

We both have conflicting schedules tomorrow, and I'll be painting anyways, so it's going to be an off day.

Vaze_06
06-29-09, 10:18 pm
glad u're getting back into the groove, nice session

Themostocles
06-30-09, 1:39 am
Agreed. Like Beach boys with intensity ;)

mjsef88
06-30-09, 7:42 pm
Test

Themostocles
07-01-09, 1:22 am
*blinks slowly*

mjsef88
07-01-09, 5:49 pm
Shoulder hurt bad today at work. Not sore, but like, pain.

Did agressive rehab today, along with some light DB exercises, raises, laterals, reverse raises, light light light DB presses. Left traps out.

Tomorrow is back, Friday is legs.

Themostocles
07-02-09, 1:35 am
Shoulder hurt bad today at work. Not sore, but like, pain.

Did agressive rehab today, along with some light DB exercises, raises, laterals, reverse raises, light light light DB presses. Left traps out.

Tomorrow is back, Friday is legs.

How did it feel with the rehab? Think you over worked it with the painting?

mjsef88
07-02-09, 9:40 am
How did it feel with the rehab? Think you over worked it with the painting?

No, I've mainly been doing the detail work and trim...with my right hand. I mean, it feels better this morning.

Good enough to fit in some back work today, I guess.

Vaze_06
07-02-09, 11:59 am
train smart and have fun

mjsef88
07-02-09, 6:05 pm
Basic Back:
BB Rows: 8 sets of 5....found it tricky with the skinny bar. Getting better
Low cable rows: 2 sets of 15
High cable pulldowns: 2 sets of 15

I need axle grease...the pullys are still as all hell.

mjsef88
07-03-09, 8:07 am
12 people in the office today, and I'm one of them. I'm taking off at noon to go look for an AR-15 lower reciever.

And I'm house sitting Rcrott1's place for the weekend. His house does not have an internet connection right now. So this is me signing off until the weekend.

Everybody be safe, eat lots of hotdogs, and blow stuff up! That's my plan!

Phil800101
07-05-09, 12:49 pm
Looking good in here Matt! Killer sessions.

Hope the shoulder feels better soon. Nice dinner nook as well.

Themostocles
07-06-09, 4:44 am
I like blowing stuff up lol... BOOM!

mjsef88
07-06-09, 6:01 pm
Two Day Split this week. That 'life' thing looks like it's going to get in the way again.

Oh well:
PULL Circut!!!

BB Rows: 3 sets x 8
Low Cable Rows: 3 sets x 8
Pulldowns: 3 sets x 8
Lying Cable Curls (from high tower): 3 sets x 8
Close Grip Cable Preacher Curls: 3 sets x 8

Stop, catch breath

BB Rows: 2 sets x 6
Low Cable Rows: 2 sets x 6
Pulldowns: 2 sets x 6
Lying Cable Curls (from high tower): 2 sets x 6
Close Grip Cable Preacher Curls: 2 sets x 6

Total of 5 circuts: 1 minute rest between sets. Obviously the weights wern't that impressive, but still got a good pump and burn.

Tomorrow will be something with Push (sans Shoulders). I'm going to do right by my Doc and give the knee and shoulder rest by not training them directly.

Also, I really need to figure out a cardio plan. As of right now, there just hasn't been any.

------------------
In non-lifting related news: I now have an AR-15 Lower and Lower Parts Kit (which I threw together). And a VLTOR Clubfoot stock, and an M4 Upper in the mail. Now I just need to track down a BCG, gas tube and barrel....

Vaze_06
07-06-09, 6:07 pm
killed that circuit Matt. keep on training smart

mjsef88
07-06-09, 8:07 pm
No point in sitting around saying I "should" do something...

Cardio: 45ish minutes on the treadmill: 3mph, little to no incline. Watched The Unit.

-----------------

killed that circuit Matt. keep on training smart

Thanks lady. I'm trying.

Firedrake
07-06-09, 9:01 pm
Great work! Circuit work will really get the heart pumping and the sweat flowing!

Themostocles
07-07-09, 1:37 am
Damn man, you are going to be lean and mean in no time

mjsef88
07-07-09, 9:56 am
Great work! Circuit work will really get the heart pumping and the sweat flowing!

Covered in sweat...

Damn man, you are going to be lean and mean in no time

Well, I've got two things to cut weight for. I'm doing a dynamic carbine class in later August. I need to be able to run and duck and dive and all sorts of fun shit. If I have 30-50 pounds of gear I don't need the extra 10-15 pounds of weight.

....and the last week of August I'm going to Chicago to visit my cousins and my best friend and her 2 hot roomies. haha I'm not vein I swear...

Themostocles
07-07-09, 11:23 am
LOL, trust me, I understand. I have an old *cough cough* 'friend' coming into town in two weeks. I am down 22 already, now to push hard for another 5-10 lol. I almost have what most people would call a waist.

mjsef88
07-08-09, 7:41 am
Decided to double up cardio yesterday, since I couldn't lift and may not even be training today. I'm picking up Rob from the airport.

So, walking at 3mph, no incline, TWO unit episodes (roughly an hour and a half).

Then the next few days are painting all day and night, so I won't really be training then either.

It's all good. I still need to figure out some sort of diet.

Themostocles
07-09-09, 1:47 am
You see food, you eat it. THat is always the right answer to a diet lol

ghost
07-09-09, 6:04 am
thanks for picking us up brother!

mjsef88
07-09-09, 7:36 am
You see food, you eat it. THat is always the right answer to a diet lol

Duuuuude, my family just picked up a ham. It's so fucking good.

thanks for picking us up brother!

What did I tell you about thanking me and stopping? But you're welcome buddy.

---------------------
So I've noticed 3 things about my diet, just taking mental notes from yesterday...
1.) TOO much coffee
2.) TOO much salt
3.) TOO little water

1.) is staying the way it is. I don't care.
2.) like I said, my family just picked up a ham. After that I'll be watching the salt more closely.
3.) I have my water bottle, and realized I'd only drink it once at work, and then 2-3 glasses of water at home. This with the combo of elevated salt explains why I'm still losing weight, but it's not showing. I'm drinking more water, 1/2 the bottle every time I get up to get another cup of coffee.
---------------------

Took last night off to pick up Rob and Jen. Today is cardio with an ab circut. Weight training is off the books until Monday. Too busy to fit in anything else. I know that it's not enough, but I'm still banging out pushups every chance I get.

mjsef88
07-13-09, 9:19 am
Life has been chaotic.

Painting at Grandma's is almost done. Thurs/Fri we did 1pm-10pm, Sat/Sun we did 10am-930/10pm

Today and tomorrow we're reassembling the rooms and doing some touch-up work. Then it's done. I'm taking the money and investing it in a new scope. haha so much for saving up.

AR-15 build is going alright. I have all of the parts either assembled or in the UPS delivery system. I still need to track down a barrel, but everything else is just groovy.

Looking to do some training and cardio tonight. Should be good times.

Themostocles
07-14-09, 4:26 am
Mmmmm... guns lol. I know nothing about them lol. But my GF is qualified at 600M lol. And you wonder why I try not to piss her off lol

mjsef88
07-14-09, 8:17 am
Right, so was setting up to get down to it. Just kind of stretching, moving around equiptment to get ready....buddy calls. $4 movie...Bruno...college deals and whatnot. Decided to jump to it. I mean, I wanted to see it, but not really spend $10 to do it. $4 sounded good. I was getting an ab workout from laughing so hard. Not as shock-worthy as Borat, but still really fucking funny.

Got home, got to it:
Upper Body Circut:
incline flys
db curls
french press
shoulder press
bb rows
hise shrugs
forearm curls

Did that twice, light weight, but each exericse done till failure. Took a 5 minute breather between circuts, went top to bottom 1st circut, went bottom to top 2nd circut.

Cardio: 45 minutes of walking to The Unit.

Looking to do the same thing today. I'm really digging these circuts. It's a good way to get myself back into shape, and it's keeping my heart rate up so I can jump right into cardio.

Shoulder is feeling alot better, knee still sucks. Walking is about all I can do on it, but I'm not too concerned.

Vaze_06
07-14-09, 9:00 am
hmmm u would be such an interesting specimen to the scientist.... like one of those laboratory's mouse.. study what happens if Matt doesnt drink coffee for a week.. heheheh
just kidding Sugar Pie!!! =)
things all good for ya. sweet
finish school this wednesday

mjsef88
07-14-09, 9:37 am
hmmm u would be such an interesting specimen to the scientist.... like one of those laboratory's mouse.. study what happens if Matt doesnt drink coffee for a week.. heheheh
just kidding Sugar Pie!!! =)
things all good for ya. sweet
finish school this wednesday

That's easy. Take away coffee for a week and alot of people would wind up dead...like...dead, dead. Like, not even funny how dead they are.

Awesome with school being done Wednesday.

Themostocles
07-15-09, 1:24 am
Thats a sick ass circuit, but much respect. Its something I ahve realized lately, I am getting stronger but my conditioning still sucks

mjsef88
07-18-09, 1:14 am
A very, very, very, very busy week to say the least. This past Thursday to yesterday (actually to two days ago by now), has been chaotic.

Tons of painting, meetings both for work and school, assembling cubicles, tearing down cubicles, moving offices around the building, more school meetings, physicals, tests and a whole host of friends and family that either needed a hand or my attendance at something.

I have never had a solid 8 days straight where I had something morning, afternoon and evening. Not to mention a hard drive crash last night (restored mostly-everything btw).

Training has taken a huge turn. I'm doing a private 3-gun competition up north the 2nd week in August. It's another one of those "put on your gear and don't talk to anybody" type events. I've been training my ass off for it. Running, running with a weighted vest, clearing my house with a stick (to simulate a rifle/shotgun) a million times (had my bro post up a combo of different color sticky post-it notes, different colors meant different things). I even had a few co-workers set them up for me around the office in some down time.

I got to prototype a new riflescope this evening. A new generation of a Millett-DMS-1. As of 5ish hours ago, I also have a Millett-DMS-1 Gen 2 scope sitting on my project AR. Compliments of them for going through the enormous burden of shooting a rifle with their hush-hush product on it.

Tomorrow, I'm doing nothing...you hear that, self....NOTHING. Maybe some light cardio in the morning. Walking and watching The Unit...and then I'm off to East Lansing for the night to raise some 'cain with my best friend.

Then Monday I get cleared for weights again! Yay!

So uh...yeah...I'm going to go pass out now. I'm terribly sorry I haven't been in anybodys log recently. If I had a second to breathe you know I'd be there.

Firedrake
07-18-09, 1:22 am
I look forward to the results of your competition -- but you're going to look weird with your ass run completely off <grin>.

I'd love to be able to shoot that weapon and scope!

Themostocles
07-19-09, 11:48 pm
Enjoy the rest Matt

Phil800101
07-20-09, 1:28 pm
Sounds good bro! Looks like the project is coming along nicely, and those scopes sound sweet.

Vaze_06
07-20-09, 5:23 pm
take care sweetie

mjsef88
07-20-09, 5:59 pm
I look forward to the results of your competition -- but you're going to look weird with your ass run completely off <grin>.

I'd love to be able to shoot that weapon and scope!

I'm looking forward to it too! Haven't had much trigger time recently...my schedule has been THAT busy.

Enjoy the rest Matt

Did very much so. Now it's back to work and cardio.

Sounds good bro! Looks like the project is coming along nicely, and those scopes sound sweet.

Well, actually, my project just got cut in half. I'm basically DONE with one upper, just need a barrel. So I'm starting my second upper. I'm going to migrate the scope to that, and track down a bull barrel and free float tube and make that a dedicated optics gun.

The new upper will be my competition gun, Aimpoint Micro T-1, Magpul MBUS, etc.

take care sweetie
Thanks babe.

----------------------
Cardio: 70 minutes on the treadmill, 3mph.
Active Shoulder Rehab

Looking to hit up some chest tonight. I've been cleared to hit nothing but chest and back, with little to no direct arm work, and absolutely no leg work outside of cardio. PT sucks, but I'm enjoying it, because, well, hey why not?

Themostocles
07-20-09, 8:07 pm
Eeeep... cardio lol

mjsef88
07-21-09, 6:00 pm
Work week is insane. Personal life is insane. Lifting is insane. Ain't life great?

Cardio: 1 hour, walking, The Unit. makes time go by awesome. This has been my daily staple for the past few days.

Today's lifting:
Chests and Tri's:
Bench: 8 sets working down x 8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1
V-bar pressdowns: 8 sets working down x 8,7,6,5,4,3,3,3
Ranger Pushups: 2 sets x failure

FRIED. Tomorrow is Back and bi's, Wednesday is heavy abs and forearms, light shoulders, Thursday is todays work, and Friday is Tuesdays work.

Sucks not training legs, but, well, I don't want surgery or MORE therapy. Walking lunges are fun though.

Vaze_06
07-21-09, 8:34 pm
glad u are still insane =]
keep it up pretty boy

Phil800101
07-22-09, 1:58 pm
Killer session Matt! Looks nice and brutal.

Themostocles
07-27-09, 1:41 am
x2. Personal lives being crazy can be great motivation, or suck it completely out of you

Phil800101
07-28-09, 1:26 pm
How are things bro?

By the way, I forgot to tell ya about the new toy I picked up back in June:

http://www.stoegerindustries.com/firearms/stoeger_coach_guns.php

I just bought the basic 12 gauge one, walnut with the blued finish. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.

mjsef88
07-28-09, 4:43 pm
glad u are still insane =]
keep it up pretty boy

yeah yeah yeah.

Killer session Matt! Looks nice and brutal.

thanks man!

x2. Personal lives being crazy can be great motivation, or suck it completely out of you

You're telling me.

How are things bro?

By the way, I forgot to tell ya about the new toy I picked up back in June:

http://www.stoegerindustries.com/firearms/stoeger_coach_guns.php

I just bought the basic 12 gauge one, walnut with the blued finish. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.

Sweet! Now pay for your $200 tax stamp and cut that baby down to a SBS.

-----------
Bad week for the shoulder. Cardio only.

Personal life has been crazy. Good and bad, but no real complaints. Can't wait for vacations coming up. Also, can't wait for school to start. Return life back to some normalcy.

Firedrake
07-28-09, 4:50 pm
Define normalcy around here! <grin>

mjsef88
07-28-09, 7:26 pm
Define normalcy around here! <grin>

The Animal kind. "normalcy" should of had the quotes around it.

I want so very bad to get back to shoulder pressing. I'm sure you of all people (with injuries and whatnot) understands when I say "you don't really miss it until it's gone".

Firedrake
07-28-09, 7:41 pm
The Animal kind. "normalcy" should of had the quotes around it.

I want so very bad to get back to shoulder pressing. I'm sure you of all people (with injuries and whatnot) understands when I say "you don't really miss it until it's gone".

Let's see, after the torn left bicep in January of 2002, the nerve damage to the left hand from that surgery that left it unable to open for six months, the arthritis-related shoulder surgery in August of 2003, the fall and quad tear in April of 2004, discovering the nerve impingement and loss of leg muscle control in March of 2005, my wife dumping me three months later, the kidney stones in March of 2006 and the back surgery in July of 2007 . . .

I Get It! <grin>

Get better SOON! Dammit!

mjsef88
07-30-09, 8:25 pm
I'm still alive. Been busy with work.

August I'm disappearing into the woods to camp and take part in some training. Gotta love teaching government property the art of surviving in a wooded area. Also can't wait to meet up with some old contractor friends in the class.

Then I'm home, then off to Chicago, then start school

But I've finally learned to detach and relax. I'm enjoying my 4 month break. I'm also very ready to start CRUSHING myself in late August/early September.

I've toyed with coming back early, but I've completely decided to wait unitl September to do anything. I need the rest, and well, my body is loving me for it. And that's what's important right now.

I really do miss all of you, and wish you the best.

Vaze_06
07-30-09, 8:40 pm
im happy, if u are happy! tho .. if u need to kill someone.. try not to get caught ;p
hehe have fun and take care sweetheart

shizz702
07-30-09, 8:45 pm
Glad to hear things are going well for you Matt.

All the best bro.

Themostocles
07-31-09, 1:26 am
Glad to know you still have a pulse lol. Enjoy life bro!

Phil800101
08-02-09, 12:32 pm
Sounds good bro.

mjsef88
08-25-09, 7:49 am
Still alive, still moving, still breathing.

Life has been hectic. LOTS of travel. Alot of fun times too, but yeah...
Alot of good, alot of bad and alot of inbetween. I have 4 days to finalize school forms and doctors and pre-training and other unnecessary red tape like that. Then I'm heading to the UP for an unexpected trip this weekend, then school starts next Tuesday.

Coming up on the 4 month mark from my break. Shoulder is still touch and go, but a thousand times better than before. I've gained a bit of weight, but I enjoy it. I know it will be gone soon enough. These are my last planned 4 days of rest, then it's time to hop into it in September. 4 months off is nice, but so is cracking plates.

I hope all of you are doing well.

Themostocles
08-25-09, 8:04 am
Good to see you are alive and kicking Matt

Phil800101
08-25-09, 1:57 pm
Good to see you are alive and kicking Matt

x2!

mjsef88
08-31-09, 8:28 am
Good news: Alive and well (hope you are too)
Average news: My basement gym is covered in storage stuff, need to clean it today/tomorrow
Bad(ish) news: Crazy hectic week. EMS Academy starts Thursday, so racing around to square away the last little bits of everything.
Average news: Getting back into it on Wednesday. Will most likely be focusing on cardio and circuts for a while. That should be good for getting that mind/muscle connection back and focus up on fat burning.

Hope you are all good. Thanks for checking in on me even though I haven't had the chance to check in on you.

Vaze_06
08-31-09, 8:32 am
welll fluffy boy... im glad u are still alive =)
take care sweetie

Phil800101
08-31-09, 1:12 pm
Good to hear bro.

Themostocles
09-01-09, 2:53 am
Always around for you Matt

mjsef88
09-01-09, 12:08 pm
Hit up some cardio last night. Actually jogged around my block for 20ish minutes. Basement gym is still a mess. Decided around 9pm last night that I wanted to re-do my room. Build some of my own furniture and the like. So I'm in the process of gutting my room and cleaning it all up. Stuck at work late tonight and then cleaning my room. Basement is tomorrow and Thursday after class.

It feels good to be non-sediment again.

Firedrake
09-01-09, 12:54 pm
Good for you! Now, keep going!

Phil800101
09-01-09, 1:39 pm
Awesome bro.

mjsef88
09-02-09, 6:08 pm
First day of EMS academy tomorrow....all day....

I have no idea how/when I'm going ot eat, when my breaks are or what. I have a MASSIVE protein shake and some raw oats for munching on. We'll see how this goes.

Looking forward to the Long weekend ahead. Going to do some massive cleaning in the basement. The goal is to have the treadmill and benches both available at the same time.

Bodyweight exercises this morning before work, excessive stretching before and after work. Went for a walk around the block a few times today. Nothing intensive, nothing actually worth mentioning as cardio, just a nice day outside is all.

shizz702
09-02-09, 6:56 pm
Matt how ya been bro?

Best wishes for your success at the EMS academy.

Themostocles
09-02-09, 11:02 pm
Good luck with your first day!

Phil800101
09-03-09, 1:29 pm
Good luck with your first day!

x2!

mjsef88
09-14-09, 9:39 am
So here’s the deal:

I haven’t been around much, that’s obvious. I just haven’t had the time, and hey, the internet is very expendable for gaining free time. I’ll give you guys the quick update on everything:

-I’m doing good. I have nothing to complain about except for the lack of free time. Every day, every hour has something going on, and if it doesn’t, that usually means I’m studying.
-Classes are interesting. Lectures can be long and dry, but always worth it. Labs are fun as all hell. Going in, I was ranked in the upper 10% of the class, because of previous schooling, a degree, taking heavily based anatomy and science classes and some real world experience. It puts extra on me, because I have to excel and maintain that ranking. That being said, I got a 100% (well, 97% but with answering all of the extra credit questions, but still a perfect) on my first exam. The new school goal is to graduate in the top 5 of my class. I want to say top, but have (some) room for error
-Social life is scattered but still there. One of the things about these classes are that it’s too easy to get caught up in it all and crash and burn. Also, my family is doing well. My little brother (well, senior in high school) is going through his first heartbreak. It makes me feel old, but he’s doing better.

Now onto lifting. I’ve been toying around with different things here or there. Nothing really consistent or taxing. Given my new career path, one thing has become apparent. If you’re big and not flexible or have endurance, you’re not going to go very far. I need to re-think my positions on lifting. I’m tinkering around with things like cross-fit and P90X, and taking what works for me to make a unique split. It’s still on the drawing board, but I don’t want to lose my roots with heavy weights.

I’m going to try to be checking in on the boards every Monday, Wednesday and Friday when I’m at work. I’m in school ALL day Tues/Thurs, so that’s out.

I hope you’re all doing well.

P.S. Any news on Thrawn/Bert? He hasn't been answering his e-mail and I don't think he's been active on the boards recently...

Vaze_06
09-14-09, 8:25 pm
hey smartass... i mean... GeniusAss :p
keep up the good work.. oh shit wait. u dont do much crap anymore... My Apologies! ahaha
extremely lame way to say i missed u LOL
take care matt

Firedrake
09-14-09, 8:27 pm
It sounds like you're focusing on your priorities appropriately, bro -- get it done!

mjsef88
09-14-09, 8:41 pm
hey smartass... i mean... GeniusAss :p
keep up the good work.. oh shit wait. u dont do much crap anymore... My Apologies! ahaha
extremely lame way to say i missed u LOL
take care matt

Your way suited you better. "I missed you" would have just been lame coming from you.

It sounds like you're focusing on your priorities appropriately, bro -- get it done!

That's the goal, Drake.

------------
Two sets each:

Barbell Bench Press
ss w./ Decline Ab Bench Crunches
---
Barbell Rows
ss w./ Seated Tricep Extensions
---
Barbell Curls
ss w./ Seated Dumbell Laterals
---
Bodyweight Squats
ss w./ Deadlifts

20 minute cool down walk.

Tomorrow's workout may be more Spartan with bodyweight stuff.

Themostocles
09-15-09, 1:52 am
Conditioning is more important than strength in your field. Had a friend that really had to struggle and drop mass due to moving into life flight. But he was healthier, even if losing some strength for it

Phil800101
09-15-09, 12:54 pm
Looking good bro! Sounds like a full plate, but I know you can handle it. Good luck with everything!

mjsef88
09-19-09, 2:22 pm
Somewhere along the way I forgot. I honestly can’t say what it is exactly that I forgot. I just can’t put a word on it. Sacrifice? No, I’ve been doing that. Will? No, that’s been there too. Passion? Well, maybe, let’s go with passion for now.

What started off as a “take it easy for 2 weeks” soon evolved into a three month layover from any sort of training what-so-ever. Let the shoulder heal, move on and out. At the three month mark, I was coming up on August. I knew that I’d be gone for a good chunk of the month. In fact, I believe I only slept in my own bed maybe 5 days that month.

I wanted to be a kid again, a college kid. I took the time off of lifting and the lifestyle. I wanted to just eat 3 squares a day (sometimes 1) instead of 6-9 full meals. I wanted to stay up late, make bad decisions and then sleep them off the next morning. I did, and it was awesome. Pre-blowing off the steam of what was going to come.

Now here in mid-September I’m still itching to get into a rhythm. School/Training dominates my life. Work has some “exciting and progressive new changes” that keeps us all working harder for less than expected pay. If I’m not in a meeting, in a class, in my office, working on a lab practical or attending a study group, I’m either studying or sleeping. And it’s usually the former rather than the latter. This is it. This is my life for the next two years. It’s not so bad, and I’m having a lot of fun along the way.

But a few days ago the epiphany happened. Everything clicked and made sense. It wasn’t the best possible outcome, but it’s working well now.

Because of my busy schedule, I may not get to train one day or six. While disheartening, it’s also motivating. “Train like it’s your last session”, well, it could be. If I get a day with 15 minutes or an hour and 15 minutes, I get to blast through it and destroy a little part of myself in a sacrifice to make something better. There aren’t any splits or schedules to adhere to. Go in, work it over until it’s done. Multiple body parts, rapid movement, quick, efficient, worthwhile. I want to call it a mix between cross fit, P90X, powerlifting, strongman and bodybuilding…oh yeah, and some aspects of Olympic style (because let’s face it, I’m never going to quit that).

Train until your dead, and then get up and work harder to make up for tomorrow's mistakes.

mcbeast
09-19-09, 2:26 pm
I was wondering where you ran off to..Get in and do what needs to be done.

mjsef88
09-25-09, 9:54 am
Just because I'm not posting doesn't mean I'm not training.

Getting my ass kicked in EMT school. I love it. I really do.
Getting my ass kicked at work. Bad times to be in the banking industry, but my job is safe.
Getting my ass kicked in my personal life. Friends are having a hard time adjusting to the fact that I'm not around to go hang out. The close friends, the ones that mean the most, are just as busy as me with Med school apps, LSATS, Grad school and FBI "secret squirrel training" (hopefully) to not really worry about it.

Oh and I'm getting my ass kicked in my basement. But that's 100% self inflicted.

I hope you're all getting ready for the cold fall coming up. Stay warm, stay safe!

Vaze_06
09-25-09, 10:51 am
oh shit.. sooner or later u'll have an ass made of steel!! well... first u should start by having one ... but hey! its all good ... lol
take care =)

ghost
09-25-09, 11:23 am
dont go telling too many people about that secret squirrel training! it wouldnt be a secret! hahahahaha

mjsef88
09-25-09, 2:50 pm
dont go telling too many people about that secret squirrel training! it wouldnt be a secret! hahahahaha

http://www.afmo.com/Secret_Squirrel_Patch_p/msm_patch_secretsquirrel.htm

ghost
09-25-09, 4:03 pm
http://www.afmo.com/Secret_Squirrel_Patch_p/msm_patch_secretsquirrel.htm

lmfao.

Phil800101
09-27-09, 3:36 am
Sounds good bro! How are things?

mjsef88
09-28-09, 8:15 am
Sounds good bro! How are things?

I'm doing good Brutha-man. Busy as shit, but enjoying myself when I can.

My AR is just about complete. I have the complete lower, barrel and BCG. I have an A4 Upper and a non M4 feedramp barrel, so I'm ordering an A3 upper on Wednesday. I already picked up a wrench/tool and action block, so as soon as the upper comes, I should be right in business. How's your rifle looking? I've got the AK itch too...I'll shoot you the specs on everything when it's put together. I need to name her, too.

Oh, as a heads up, if you ever have to order any sort of mount for your EOTech, go with LaRue, direct from them. They put a ton of free stuff (I got a bottle opener 'armadillo', spices for steak 'dillo dust', a ballcap and some bumper stickers.)

How are things on your end?
-----

Training-wise: Took the weekend off, too much going on to even try and do something.
I came up with a new concept, at least for the first month or two, while I'm still getting back in it.
4 day lifting split (when possible)
3 days of "standard" cardio (when possible)
2 days of "non-standard" cardio (when possible).
4 days of "something extreme" with lifting.
...you'll just have to....what's the expression?..."stay tuned?" to see what that is.

Vaze_06
10-01-09, 7:32 pm
keep it up matt and have a nice weekend

Firedrake
10-01-09, 8:51 pm
Sounding good, bro -- it'll be interesting to see what sort of madness you can do with what you have, where you are! *grin*

mjsef88
10-03-09, 7:37 am
I have very limited time, so I'll be brief:
-Thank you for the constant support. I dig it. I hope you and yours are doing well.
-Lifting has been spotty (consistancy-wise), but when it is done, it's brutal. I have yet to simply walk up the stairs after a workout before sitting down for 15-20 minutes.
-Actual lifting is your run of the mill stuff. Trying to go 2-3 exercises per bodypart. Do bodyparts till I can't go anymore (because I don't know when I'll get back down to lift next).

Now, the fun stuff: Extreme move: Something like:
Load up the bench: do 200 rep benching. Do as many as you can, rack it, take a brief second or ten, go again.
or
Load up Squat bar: do Squat, stand up, good morning, upright x 20
or
Run for 5 minutes, hit punching bag for 5 two minute sessions, run for 5 minutes, hit bag for 5 two minute sessions, go until collapse.

Oh, and school is going extremely well. I have a Vehicle Rescue/Extraction class today. So I'm chopping up cars all morning :)

mjsef88
10-09-09, 7:41 pm
I've been here and there, I've been gone and I've been bored. I've been getting my ass kicked by school, and I've also been kicking ass and taking names. I've been dominated by work but but still crank out what needs to be done. I've seen some shit on clinicals but am still just getting my feet wet.

Ever notice how healthy people don't need ambulances?

I set up my schedule for next semester. 12 credit hours, 3 major classes, 20 plus clinical hours every week, 30 hours of work every week. I mean, it's a downer, but I'm fucking thriving on this chaos. Before when things got too busy I'd bitch and fold over, now I'm brushing it off as no big deal. I'm doing good. I'm doing real good.

I haven't burned out yet. I'm too high on adrenaline and fear to bend over. I'm in the top of my class , and I'm tied for Third overall in the Academy. I wasn't kidding about kicking ass and taking names. I want that #1 overall spot. I've got 7 dry erase boards full of material and it's still not enough.

I learned a month ago to Crawl, Walk and then Run (Rcrott1 should catch the reference). I've got to go back to basics with lifting. Everything with 25lbs dumbells. Pushups, curls, presses, flys, squats, rows, laterals....everything. I'm considering my form to be NON-EXISTANT. Then I'll move on, and after that I'll move on again.

My shoulder is worse than I've led on. But it's doing fine now. I've just got to take my licks, get over my ego and progress forward.

I haven't been on here alot. That's been common. I just don't have the time. It's a crime to you guys, because you've been a huge support, more than you really know, and I've not been able to give that back. I have no idea whats going on in your lives....and I feel terrible about it. I know that life gets in the way, but sometimes you sacrifice too much.

Enough of the pseudo-emotional venting (I know, I call that venting). I really am doing good. I really do miss lifting heavy. I really am happy. I've got a LONG road ahead of me, but like the common theme around here is, I'm not going over obsticles, I'm smashing through them.

I truely miss all of you.

All the best,
-Matt

Firedrake
10-09-09, 7:48 pm
I'm glad to hear that you're busy, healthy and happy, and pushing forward with your goals. The rest is insignificant, including how often you're on here, as fond as we are of you. Get it Done!

Phil800101
10-11-09, 1:40 pm
I'm doing good Brutha-man. Busy as shit, but enjoying myself when I can.

My AR is just about complete. I have the complete lower, barrel and BCG. I have an A4 Upper and a non M4 feedramp barrel, so I'm ordering an A3 upper on Wednesday. I already picked up a wrench/tool and action block, so as soon as the upper comes, I should be right in business. How's your rifle looking? I've got the AK itch too...I'll shoot you the specs on everything when it's put together. I need to name her, too.

Oh, as a heads up, if you ever have to order any sort of mount for your EOTech, go with LaRue, direct from them. They put a ton of free stuff (I got a bottle opener 'armadillo', spices for steak 'dillo dust', a ballcap and some bumper stickers.)

How are things on your end?
-----

Training-wise: Took the weekend off, too much going on to even try and do something.
I came up with a new concept, at least for the first month or two, while I'm still getting back in it.
4 day lifting split (when possible)
3 days of "standard" cardio (when possible)
2 days of "non-standard" cardio (when possible).
4 days of "something extreme" with lifting.
...you'll just have to....what's the expression?..."stay tuned?" to see what that is.

Sweet. Mine is glorious, zeroed in nice and accurate. I'm in "same shit, different day" mode most of the time, lol.

I have very limited time, so I'll be brief:
-Thank you for the constant support. I dig it. I hope you and yours are doing well.
-Lifting has been spotty (consistancy-wise), but when it is done, it's brutal. I have yet to simply walk up the stairs after a workout before sitting down for 15-20 minutes.
-Actual lifting is your run of the mill stuff. Trying to go 2-3 exercises per bodypart. Do bodyparts till I can't go anymore (because I don't know when I'll get back down to lift next).

Now, the fun stuff: Extreme move: Something like:
Load up the bench: do 200 rep benching. Do as many as you can, rack it, take a brief second or ten, go again.
or
Load up Squat bar: do Squat, stand up, good morning, upright x 20
or
Run for 5 minutes, hit punching bag for 5 two minute sessions, run for 5 minutes, hit bag for 5 two minute sessions, go until collapse.

Oh, and school is going extremely well. I have a Vehicle Rescue/Extraction class today. So I'm chopping up cars all morning :)

I've been here and there, I've been gone and I've been bored. I've been getting my ass kicked by school, and I've also been kicking ass and taking names. I've been dominated by work but but still crank out what needs to be done. I've seen some shit on clinicals but am still just getting my feet wet.

Ever notice how healthy people don't need ambulances?

I set up my schedule for next semester. 12 credit hours, 3 major classes, 20 plus clinical hours every week, 30 hours of work every week. I mean, it's a downer, but I'm fucking thriving on this chaos. Before when things got too busy I'd bitch and fold over, now I'm brushing it off as no big deal. I'm doing good. I'm doing real good.

I haven't burned out yet. I'm too high on adrenaline and fear to bend over. I'm in the top of my class , and I'm tied for Third overall in the Academy. I wasn't kidding about kicking ass and taking names. I want that #1 overall spot. I've got 7 dry erase boards full of material and it's still not enough.

I learned a month ago to Crawl, Walk and then Run (Rcrott1 should catch the reference). I've got to go back to basics with lifting. Everything with 25lbs dumbells. Pushups, curls, presses, flys, squats, rows, laterals....everything. I'm considering my form to be NON-EXISTANT. Then I'll move on, and after that I'll move on again.

My shoulder is worse than I've led on. But it's doing fine now. I've just got to take my licks, get over my ego and progress forward.

I haven't been on here alot. That's been common. I just don't have the time. It's a crime to you guys, because you've been a huge support, more than you really know, and I've not been able to give that back. I have no idea whats going on in your lives....and I feel terrible about it. I know that life gets in the way, but sometimes you sacrifice too much.

Enough of the pseudo-emotional venting (I know, I call that venting). I really am doing good. I really do miss lifting heavy. I really am happy. I've got a LONG road ahead of me, but like the common theme around here is, I'm not going over obsticles, I'm smashing through them.

I truely miss all of you.

All the best,
-Matt

Do what you gotta do bro. Sounds like a really full plate, but I know you can handle it.

Vaze_06
10-14-09, 10:46 pm
keep on killing it pretty boy, have a nice wkd

Themostocles
10-15-09, 12:12 am

He's not pretty, more like ruggedly handsome lol...

Vaze_06
10-15-09, 8:58 am

who's the woman between u and me?! Thought so! so i assign the adjectives here... and matt is actually pretty damn cute ahahahaha
now dont argue with me! cauz...
1. Matt will bitch at me for the BS
2. Matt will bitch at me for saying he's cute
3. Matt will bitch at me.

oh and im a chick. u'll never win =)

Phil800101
10-16-09, 2:17 pm
I just picked up some Adidas GSG 9.2 boots. Pricey, but worth it...so comfortable, and great support. I know you're a big fan of dual-purpose type boots, so I figured I'd pass it on to ya.

mjsef88
10-17-09, 9:27 am

Bitching inbound...keep reading...

;)

who's the woman between u and me?! Thought so! so i assign the adjectives here... and matt is actually pretty damn cute ahahahaha
now dont argue with me! cauz...
1. Matt will bitch at me for the BS
2. Matt will bitch at me for saying he's cute
3. Matt will bitch at me.

oh and im a chick. u'll never win =)

...lets just save time and say I bitched about all of your points, actually agreeing with you...

I just picked up some Adidas GSG 9.2 boots. Pricey, but worth it...so comfortable, and great support. I know you're a big fan of dual-purpose type boots, so I figured I'd pass it on to ya.

NICE! I'm starting to run my Bates into the ground on clinical shifts. I'll keep these in mind. I'm always a huge fan of MY ADIDAS! Because, you know, they walk through concert doors and roam all over coliseum floors...

-------------------------
I'm alive. I'm still in my crawl phase of lifting. I've been doing good in school. I've been thrown into the shit on clinicals. People in my class are shaken up by the car crash they saw or the guy that coded in the hospital while they were standing in a corner...So far I've:
-Dealt with an Upper G.I. bleed....aweful smell
-Dealt with a 2nd/3rd degree burn victim
-Dealt with a guy in a motorcycle crash with an amputated right leg. I was clamping off veins, vessels, etc. with hemostats and my hand as direct pressure. Was covered in blood. Sucked for that guy, but I had a blast. (I later learned that his leg was sucessfully reattached in the OR).
-Had a cardiac patient die on me en route to the hospital. I was working with two medics. The guy coded and they started pushing drugs. I was on the paddles to try and shock him. Contrary to the movies, when you actually flatline, we don't shock, becuase there's nothing to shock. His wife was unaware at this fact as she was yelling at us/me to do something. We did CPR to the hospital where they pronounced him. I mean, it was my first death, and it kind of shook me up, but I got over it. It was the first, but certainly not the last. At least I know I did everything I could.

But yeah, tons of class. They really weeded us out by now. So now we're expected to have our shit locked down in labs now.

Phil800101
10-18-09, 1:15 pm
Sounds good Matt. Keep on keeping on bro.

Question...are you guys using the compression-only CPR technique?

I was just reading about it the other day, and I guess it's really been catching on over the past several years. A guy I shoot with is a firefighter/EMT and he was telling me about it too awhile ago. Very different from the old-school five compressions/one breath technique. Apparently it's been shown to be much more effective. Interesting stuff.

mjsef88
10-18-09, 1:20 pm
Sounds good Matt. Keep on keeping on bro.

Question...are you guys using the compression-only CPR technique?

I was just reading about it the other day, and I guess it's really been catching on over the past several years. A guy I shoot with is a firefighter/EMT and he was telling me about it too awhile ago. Very different from the old-school five compressions/one breath technique. Apparently it's been shown to be much more effective. Interesting stuff.

Yes and no. We're doing 30 compressions to 2 breaths via non-rebreather mask or a bag valve mask. Just because we have that equiptment handy to us.

Laypeople are being taught 30 compressions, 2 second break, 30 compression, etc. The mentality is "I don't know where this guy has been, I don't want to put my lips on his/breathe for him, etc." So now people are more willing to actually help out because all they have to do is compressions.

Who knows, in the past 3 years I've been taught 3 styles/rules of CPR, so we'll see what they preach next year.

Phil800101
10-18-09, 1:25 pm
Yes and no. We're doing 30 compressions to 2 breaths via non-rebreather mask or a bag valve mask. Just because we have that equiptment handy to us.

Laypeople are being taught 30 compressions, 2 second break, 30 compression, etc. The mentality is "I don't know where this guy has been, I don't want to put my lips on his/breathe for him, etc." So now people are more willing to actually help out because all they have to do is compressions.

Who knows, in the past 3 years I've been taught 3 styles/rules of CPR, so we'll see what they preach next year.

Ah, interesting.

Yeah, I was always taught not to do breaths without a barrier mask, unless you know the person.

mjsef88
10-18-09, 1:58 pm
Ah, interesting.

Yeah, I was always taught not to do breaths without a barrier mask, unless you know the person.

If I ever have to do CPR with no equiptment, the only mouth to mouth is going to be somebody I deeply care about. Family, close friends. Everybody else gets compressions only. There's just wayyyy too much nasty stuff going around these days.

Phil800101
10-18-09, 3:06 pm
If I ever have to do CPR with no equiptment, the only mouth to mouth is going to be somebody I deeply care about. Family, close friends. Everybody else gets compressions only. There's just wayyyy too much nasty stuff going around these days.

Yup. Not to mention the fact that it's all but certain the victim will vomit into your mouth, at least that's what I've been told.

mjsef88
10-18-09, 3:15 pm
Yup. Not to mention the fact that it's all but certain the victim will vomit into your mouth, at least that's what I've been told.

You can't see it...but I'm pointing to my nose. Like I said, I'm only doing mouth to mouth on somebody I really care about

Vaze_06
10-18-09, 3:24 pm
You can't see it...but I'm pointing to my nose. Like I said, I'm only doing mouth to mouth on somebody I really care about

all the crap i have been given u for the past year and a half.... Indeed i'm a Dead Chick.. ahahaha

stay in one piece and take good care of yourself lil matt

mjsef88
10-26-09, 7:13 pm
Doing well. "Official" Clinical hours start next week. And I thought my life was busy now...

Lifting is going well. Not really into specific bodypart workouts yet, baby steps. Shoulder is responding well. Almost tore it again lifting a very large person from ambulance to floor. I'm happy I have a solid foundation in lifting heavy things around, oh....let's just throw out a random number....527lbs....yeah....that's random, right?

I hope all of you are doing good. Stay healthy and wear your seatbelt!

Firedrake
10-26-09, 7:18 pm
That's pretty random . . . damn -- talk about heavy deadlifts! Don't have to go on Workers Comp before you ever get started!

Life, and lifts, are good!

Phil800101
10-27-09, 4:12 am
Doing well. "Official" Clinical hours start next week. And I thought my life was busy now...

Lifting is going well. Not really into specific bodypart workouts yet, baby steps. Shoulder is responding well. Almost tore it again lifting a very large person from ambulance to floor. I'm happy I have a solid foundation in lifting heavy things around, oh....let's just throw out a random number....527lbs....yeah....that's random, right?

I hope all of you are doing good. Stay healthy and wear your seatbelt!

Sounds good bro. Keep on keeping on.

mjsef88
10-30-09, 7:59 pm
School is awesome. We're past the 1/2 way point. All of those that would have quit. I've learned more this week than any other point this semester. Everything is so hands on and in depth now. It's groovy.

Workouts have been good. Still in the "baby step" phase.

25lb dumbells. Squats, pushups, hammer curls, rows, laterals, presses, extensions, reverse presses. Do two or three exercises, 25 reps each exercise, mega-set. Come back a bit later and pick two or three different exercises and do the same thing.

Honestly, last week I did 10 reps of everything, and it seemed hard and disheartening to struggle around 8 reps and fight for 10. This week I decided to say "Fuck it" and go for 25. That extra drive has paid off, now most exercises I feel like I could go to 30 reps.

I'm excited to start barbell/bench training next week. Also I need to add in some more (read: start) cardio.

I hope you're all doing great!

Phil800101
10-31-09, 2:08 pm
Glad to hear everything is going well bro.

mjsef88
11-06-09, 7:50 am
3 day split:
mon-chest/shoulders/tris
Wed-back/bis
Friday-Legs/shoulders

This has been working well so far...in the fact that I have little to no "abnormal" pain.

I woke up this morning and grumbled. I forgot what the joint/muscle pain/soreness felt like. It's good to have that feeling again.

Hope you're all kicking ass and taking names.

Phil800101
11-09-09, 1:44 pm
Looks like a solid split.

mjsef88
12-05-09, 1:45 pm
Crunch time. 2 weeks out from Final Exams and Practicals. Then National Registry. My life will be entirely unstressed after December.

Workouts have been brief, short and to the point. Looking into getting a gym membership with some guys from my team. We've meshed together very well and will be going onto MEDIC together. So doing a "group buy" might just work.

I'm still alive, I hope you guys are too!

mcbeast
12-05-09, 3:51 pm
Crunch time. 2 weeks out from Final Exams and Practicals. Then National Registry. My life will be entirely unstressed after December.

Workouts have been brief, short and to the point. Looking into getting a gym membership with some guys from my team. We've meshed together very well and will be going onto MEDIC together. So doing a "group buy" might just work.

I'm still alive, I hope you guys are too!

Glad to see your still kickin...Keep it up.