PDA

View Full Version : The Little Things

teethoflions
05-11-09, 12:40 pm
the first time i did a serious cut it took a long time. over a year i was heavy and out of shape and i weighed about 280. After changing my entire lifestyle around and instead of just lifting the heaviest things i could, i decided to eat the heaviest things i could. I knew i needed to eat alot to build muscle and often to keep my metabolism up. I didnt know my ass from my elbow about what cuts of beef to eat, how much carbs were in a sweet potato ( ive been at this around 5 years and i still dont have a fucking clue how many carbs are in a sweet potato) how much cardio to do or how much protein i should consume. so what i do?
i used my fucking brain.
i was 280 and the muscle came on and the fat came off. i said as a general rule of the thumb, each meal SHOULDNT taste amazing. and that i should have about 5 or 6 a day. Appetite wasnt the problem. i bought chicken thighs, cans of tuna, eggs white potatoes and wheat bread and whey powder. my diet looked like this

meal 1- omelet as many eggs as i felt i could eat (i hated eggs, still HATE EGGS)
meal 2- grilled chicken thighs 3 or 4
meal 3- same as 2
meal 4- two cans of tuna, 2 slices wheat bread
meal 5- same as 2.
meal 6- shake, 2 or 4 scoops depending on how i felt
(as a rule i had shakes periodically in the day whenever i was hungry b/ meals)

i didnt count protein, grams of carbs, fats. the first supplement i ever bought was the pak. it just seemed to make sense. and ive bought one can every 44 days since.

i went from 280 to 213 in the course of a year. i eventually learned how to count protein grams and carbs, that egg whites have no fat, chicken breasts are neat too, cardio should be done in the morning when your starving, and that if your eating enough fats, saturated, poly un or mono un, carbs really dont fucking matter in terms of gaining muscle or losing muscle. carbs HELP, but are really just gravy. i LOVE CARBS, but i dont indulge myself much.largely in part due to the fact that im very carb sensitive.

the end of that diet turned out to be eating zero carbs, moderate fats and high protein. around 100 grams of fat a day and 350-400 grams of protein a day. and i was like a pig in shit because my god is a low carb diet pure agony compared to a no carb diet.

now im on a cut again. training for my first show. and right now weight is 235, im bigger than i was at 213 and im bigger than i was at 280.
now im carb cycling and this is what it looks like-
first 4 days- i cut 2 cups of oats, then 1 cup, then a half cup.
then i am ZERO carbs for 3 days. and i will sparingly eat brazil nuts throughout the day.
meal 1- 6 egg whites, 4 cups extra thick oats, cinnamon and coffee grounds (coffee grounds and cinnamon in the oats is delicious.
meal 2- 6 eggs
meal 3- 40 grams whey protein
meal 4- 2 cans tuna
meal 5- 6 oz tilapia
meal 6- either egg whites or another whey shake.

i was eating zero carbs for a while and i was losing too fast, so i listened to my body. i put the carbs in, i have more energy and im fuller but im no stronger. im losing steadily, feel great. today i cooked up my oats for the first time in a 4 day stretch due to busyness at work and i have never had so many oats a sitting. 4 cups. but i killed it, it went down so easy. and thats whats its all about. the little things. like getting your oats and eating it too!

if anybody guys starting out want some advice. you wanna get big or you wanna get ripped or both. Clear your head and just THINK about you want to happen, AND THEN MAKE THE STEPS. if you want to get big, dont think about whats crazy or what somebody says doesnt work. i was a 19 year old kid, and ate 3-4 lbs of chicken thighs and 2 cans of tuna everyday. for a YEAR! Im not telling you to eat 20 lbs of chicken thighs in a week, but if you wanna try it, then TRY IT. JUST TRY ANYTHING, AND HAVE FUN WITH THIS! IF YOU REALLY WANT TO GET BIG AND RIPPED THAN EAT YOUR ASS OFF, LIFT YOUR ASS OFF AND RUN YOUR ASS OFF.

C.Coronato
05-11-09, 1:13 pm
Sounds like an appetite for destruction brother. Keep it up.

teethoflions
06-03-09, 10:42 pm
when youve got a date circled on your calendar over 20 weeks away...
when you do 45 minutes of cardio as soon as you wake up and another 15 after killing yourself on legs...
when you listen to your body and decide to switch it up, to 20 minutes of cardio after waking, 20 after lifting, and 20 before bed...
When you LOOK FORWARD to your next meal that tastes pretty much like nothing cause youve eaten it so many times...cause it tells you what time it is...
when nobody calls, nobody comes out, and nobody helps...
when you just got to bare down at your bartending shift and listen to somebody tell you how beat or exhausted they are when you havent had a carb in 4 days and your flat, starving, and damn near a zombie cause you just hit back hard.
When you start seeing cuts in places you never have before...
When you have a CHEAT MEAL of junk food which means 3 cups white rice and grilled seasoned chicken instead of baked chicken and steamed veggies...
When NOBODY UNDERSTANDS AND NOT EVEN YOU YOURSELF WOULD KNOW HOW TO ANSWER THEM IF THEY ASKED...
WHEN YOU JUST DO IT AND DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT...
WHEN YOU WOULD TRADE THIS FOR EVERYTHING YOU MISS, EVERYTHING YOUR BODY WANTS, AND EVERYTHING YOU THINK YOU NEED...
Then what else really matters...

Stand tall and be Proud of yourself.
im proud of myself, because this is my life right now.

wake-20 minutes cardio
whey protein 50 grams, 2 tbsp pb. 1 tbsp, coffee grounds.
12 egg whites.
train 1 hour, cardio 20 minutes.
2 cans tuna, macadamia nut oil, spinach(raw).
8 oz tilapia, one large pablano pepper(hot)
12 egg whites.
whey protein 60 grams.
cardio 20 minutes.

every 4th day i eat 4 cups of oatmeal in my first 2 meals to kickstart that metabolism.

hope you learned something.

deadlifts
06-03-09, 10:55 pm
good stuff bro

GC
06-04-09, 8:06 am
you hit that one right on the fucking head

CuttDeez
06-04-09, 8:13 am
That's what I am talking about dude. It's a "mentality" that some strive for, few understand, less can pull off, and even less can truly master. Keep it up

teethoflions
06-04-09, 11:03 pm
Man that 24th egg white is a bitch. the last one of the day. the last thing excluding water to touch your mouth. Yep its contest prep...

now BARE WITH ME.

i get 2 egg meals a day right now brothers...Now i hate eggs, i mean, i HATE them. the smell, the consistency, taste, texture, color..Nothing appealing about them. Ive been lifting and eating like a horse for 5 years straight now. Once i started i never looked back but something i ALWAYS Had problems with was finding a stomach for eggs...I Tried EVERYTHING i could think of to find an appetizing way to eat them. I drank em for a while, liquid whites. I scrubbed the shells with anti bacterial soap to Kill the salmonella(the salmonella is only on the shell if you didnt know brothers) and just cracked em in my mouth and chased em with diet soda. Scrambled, over easy, omeletes, over hard, hard boiled (Threw those up).. but you know what? i always tried to eat em. Cause i knew, what the hell could be better for me than a whole damn chicken. now, i dont have problems eating eggs anymore. does that mean i like em? hell no. Does that mean i dont mind eating them, nope, i still genuinely despise cracking, seperating, and eating eggs. but i still eat em, and its just easy now. I dont taste em now, i dont smell em now, and i feel the cold stickyness on my hand anymore. BUT I SLAM 12 OF THOSE BABIES EVERY MORNING, AND EVERY NIGHT. AND AS MUCH AS MY TONGUE AND MOUTH HATES EM, MY BODY LOVES THEM.

cause i was right, nothing could be better for you or me or anybody than an egg.
AND HERES MY POINT AFTER A LONG STORY.
so many things in life are like that 24th egg white. You will hate them, everything about em. But you stick to your guns, and there will come a point where it doesnt even phase you anymore. be strong at home, be strong in the fights with your lady, be strong at work, be strong in the gym, and in the kitchen, be strong TO YOURSELF, and you know what, that 24th egg white will start to taste like pride and self respect.

teethoflions
06-10-09, 10:14 pm
Living with the woman that doesnt love you anymore, but your still in love with for some reason even though she makes you feel like shit and totally inadequate half the time...
I went out with a friend today and had junk food and beer. sometimes lifes just beats you down. life doesnt give a shit if you can deadlift 500 for 6 reps with good form. It doesnt care how defined the split is between hams and quads. And it sure as hell doesnt give a damn about your contest prep or your feelings.

heres my cheats- corned beef reuben on rye. pastrami sandwich on a bulky grinder roll. 4 beers. I didnt even enjoy any of this shit while i was eating it! The only thing i enjoyed today was my workout. It wasnt even a great work out. Chest and biceps

incline hammer strength- 3x10
flat db press- 3x 10-6
hammer wide press-4x10
flat db flys-3x8-6
high crossovers- 7x15
alternating db curls- 3x6-8
preacher curls-3x8
nautilus unilateral curl-3x15

I normally train like dorian. 1 all out set to failure per exercise. And man, do i hate this 3 sets of whatever bullshit. My pumps sucked. and my weights were feeble. back to what i know. and back on track. If i could only get out of this apartment.

krazyassmexican
06-10-09, 10:18 pm
first of all i hope no one sends this thread to the bs, this is a good example of what a lot of us go thru everyday and sometimes we are afraid of saying....

listen bro, keep ya head up, i know where you comming from, i have been there many times, i am there now

i just dont give a fuck for now, try consentrating on training, if you where dieting, dont worry just get back at it and i hope you feel better

Firefist
06-10-09, 10:44 pm
yeah i agree with kam, shit always happens and creates the worst situations, and it fucking sucks. i really hope everything works out for you bro. i cant help you with your girl problems, but i can offer you some motivation for training. i post this all the time, but its so true....

http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/1935/218/

Necromancer
06-11-09, 8:27 am
Chin up mate. Bad days come to test us. Take all that angst as it comes, put it away in a little box in your mind ... then open the fucker up when you're under the bar and give it some. You'll be right.

Tallwhitebread0042
06-11-09, 8:50 am
although i am only 19 i'd say im more mature than most individuals my age...with that being sad, God will test you-a lot in life. I know he's tested me. I've had three life or death experiences and yet i come back stronger and stronger each time. Technically I should be lying dead in a fuckin coffin somewhere in the ground...but I kept my head up man. There were periods in my life were i had to stop training all together due to surgeries and going in and out of the hospital more times than some people do in their whole life. It sucked having a colonoscopy at the age of 18. I feel like i've seen it all. As for marriage, I cannot say I know the hardships you are going through because I have not reached that point of my life yet...on the other hand I know exactly how it feels to love someone for many years and for your partner to not love you back...it's the worst feeling in the world. It took me 8 months to get over my lover. In all honesty, it was COMPLETE hell...but the only thing that kept me going was my family, my close friends, and well gettin in the gym a lot. When you workout hard, your body will release endorphins that are actually 3 times more powerful than the drug Morphine. I know this from experience because I've had probably every drug shot into me due to hospitals and sicknesses. NOTHING can help you more than staying focused on your goal my brother...get in the gym, let out the anger and frustration and don't be afraid to ask your fellow brothers for help...shit I mean you don't know me but I sure as hell will be there for you.

Stay True,

Stay Honest,

Stay Hungry young Animal...

p.s. cheating is not the end of the world...when you have cheat meals after eating clean for so long your body actually gets confused and gets in a more anabolic state because it's not used to the strange food.

if you ever wanna chat just message me. i love helping people-it's my job.

freak-a-boo!!
06-13-09, 7:33 am
although i am only 19 i'd say im more mature than most individuals my age...with that being sad, God will test you-a lot in life. I know he's tested me. I've had three life or death experiences and yet i come back stronger and stronger each time. Technically I should be lying dead in a fuckin coffin somewhere in the ground...but I kept my head up man. There were periods in my life were i had to stop training all together due to surgeries and going in and out of the hospital more times than some people do in their whole life. It sucked having a colonoscopy at the age of 18. I feel like i've seen it all. As for marriage, I cannot say I know the hardships you are going through because I have not reached that point of my life yet...on the other hand I know exactly how it feels to love someone for many years and for your partner to not love you back...it's the worst feeling in the world. It took me 8 months to get over my lover. In all honesty, it was COMPLETE hell...but the only thing that kept me going was my family, my close friends, and well gettin in the gym a lot. When you workout hard, your body will release endorphins that are actually 3 times more powerful than the drug Morphine. I know this from experience because I've had probably every drug shot into me due to hospitals and sicknesses. NOTHING can help you more than staying focused on your goal my brother...get in the gym, let out the anger and frustration and don't be afraid to ask your fellow brothers for help...shit I mean you don't know me but I sure as hell will be there for you.

Stay True,

Stay Honest,

Stay Hungry young Animal...

p.s. cheating is not the end of the world...when you have cheat meals after eating clean for so long your body actually gets confused and gets in a more anabolic state because it's not used to the strange food.

if you ever wanna chat just message me. i love helping people-it's my job.

I thought I was the only one going through these strange (and of course foolish) love problems. Have been completely let down by the girl that I loved so deeply & for no real reason. At the same time battling a shoulder injury and some tough job problems. Quite lonely now but heartening to know that my animal brothers are here for me. Wish could sit down with you guys and have some long meaningful conversations on our common problems.
Tall, thanks bro for your post. Very inspiring. Having so much of courage at such a young age is just so admirable.
Thanks once again.

Shamus11B
06-13-09, 7:44 am
Thats what I love about this FORVM. Someone spills their guts about how their life is going and all our brothers here jump right in and support eachother. Regardless of what you are going through the IRON is there and it seems so are your brothers here at Animal. Thanks everyone for supporting eachother, and I hope you hard times pass soon man!

teethoflions
06-13-09, 4:38 pm
the police department physical agility test. Man do i hate running. mile and a half in under 12:29 was the requirement. I got it in 11:50. Passed sit and reach. Needed to do 300 meter dash in 59 seconds, got it in 51. 38 sit ups in a minute. Never been my strong suit but i got 39. And bench 99% of your body weight. Well, lets just say that was a cake walk. it was not an easy test though. im 6'2, pretty heavily muscled- not very compatible for running. my legs handled the running fine but my lowerback got REAL tight and my knees and shins were less than pleased with me. But you just gotta tell yourself, dont stop running. No matter what, walking, is not an option.

we did the 300 meter dash last. Which would have been not much to worry about but on the sit ups they have you in a specific position of the correct distance between your ass and your toes, and my quads tightened up and stung like a bastard.

If you can work your bartending shift the night before, not get in bed til 2:30..On a precontest diets calories. Wake up at 5:30 and eat your first meal before driving the 40 minutes to the agility test for 7 a.m and PASS it. Then you can be proud, at least for the day. Many more a battle to be fought. Time for shoulders and triceps!

Tallwhitebread0042
06-13-09, 6:11 pm
ohhhh yeahhhh...besides we're a family remember? i look at this website a lot and especially i read stories like this when i get a little down on my motivation or i watch Pumping Iron and i get fucking jacked and having the best training of my life and i get my shit together bro.

MonTanaMusCle
06-14-09, 7:05 pm
Hang in there brother. . . I wish there was something I could say to help ease the pain but just keep your head up. Going through some similar stuff myself and as stupid as is sounds Animalpak.com and the brotherhood has been here the entire broken road. . .

TigerAce01
06-14-09, 7:13 pm
Women will never give you what you want or need. Never look to anyone but yourself.

As Kat Williams once said...

"Make a pimp decision."

-Ace

teethoflions
06-15-09, 8:57 pm
This is probably one of the best workouts ive ever had. I think its close to perfect in design given most peoples objectives when it comes to back training. It can also be rotated somewhat. The beauty is that its all done at one station. A power rack. Here we go

This was designed based upon the movements that i believe are staples in any back workout and is designed to promote thickness over width. Because i dont believe there are specific width or thickness movements. The back grows thicker and the muscles will push out away from the body, creating width.

I train one working set to failure. keep that in mind

T bar rows (with 25 lb plates, not 45s)- 2 warm ups, 1 set to a roughly 10-12 rep failure (this includes a triple drop. around 6-7 reps, drop-2-3 reps, drop 1-2 reps)
Rack pulls( FROM MID SHIN, BELOW THE KNEE)- Warm up as you feel is needed, 1 working set to failure of 10 reps. no drops.
Underhand grip barbell rows- 1 warm up, 1 set 12 reps, 1 drop set included
Good mornings- warm ups as neccessary, 1 work set of 10, no drops.
Chins standard overhand grip (bodyweight)- til absolute failure, i mean you keep taking 10 second rests everytime you fail until you cant pull yourself an inch.

I train rear delts on back day as well but thats preferance. I do one set of rear dumbell laterals face down on an incline bench to failure to finish off. 12 reps roughly.

try it out, the emphasis is SQUEEZING EVERY REP. if your back doesnt feel like its gonna cramp up your squeezing so hard on each rep, you aint squeezing enough, cut the weight down a bit.

teethoflions
07-02-09, 9:17 am
anybody else ever have some odd colors in their business?
ive had some before but they usually are just one and then back to normal...
but this is green 3 times in a row...i feel fine and totally healthy, not sure what the deal is... Can spinach do it? i am dieting for a show... heres the facts...

8 egg whites, 1/2 cup spinach, 1 cup oats.
12 egg whites
two ground turkey burgers. (8 oz.)
2 servings Carnivor (i know we're not supposed to discuss other companies products but i was curious a. Found it in a store B. I love beef C. and this is a health issue D.
1/2 lb tilapia, 1 cup spinach.
1/2 lb tilapia

sreyes1091
07-14-09, 6:05 pm
This is by far, one of the best threads I have read. The fact of spilling out your guts and having someone out there supporting you, a stranger yet a brother.
By the way, not all females are evil lol. Just keep your head up bro, do what you do best, worry about yourself...Its a lonely road but eventually, you will find the best companion. Remember, its better to be by yourself than being around bad company.

-Rey Rey