PDA

View Full Version : Creatine "bloat"?

andrewT
05-11-09, 6:17 pm
Hey guys

Been attempting a small cut kind of thing lately with lots of cardio and carb cycling. My waist is getting smaller as it fits my pants better, but still measures the same.

Would you guys wait till I start a bulk again to take creatine? I know it bloats some people, and since I have IBS I have a feeling it will bloat me (pretty much anything does) and make my waist look even bigger.

Any advice or experience with this?

K Stro24
05-11-09, 7:03 pm
i have IBS and i take creatine, except i take it in the form of animal pump, the pills dont bloat me and i generally have no problem with it at all. i did have creatine mono, and it bloated me bad, id advise u to pick up some pump and ull be fine

andrewT
05-11-09, 8:20 pm
pump sounds good but is a bit out of my price range. That is why I was askin about mono, since it is the only creatine I really want to try

I guess coming from another person with IBS my assumtions of Mono were right. I want to try it but don't want to buy a bunch only to end up not being able to use it.

Aggression
05-12-09, 9:14 am
pump sounds good but is a bit out of my price range. That is why I was askin about mono, since it is the only creatine I really want to try

I guess coming from another person with IBS my assumtions of Mono were right. I want to try it but don't want to buy a bunch only to end up not being able to use it.

Not familiar with IBS, but I've used a few forms of creatine (Storm, mono, pump, etc). Storm would be a solid pickup. At 80 servings per tub, it's a good value. Keep your water levels up (at least a gallon a day) and the water bloat shouldn't be an issue.

live2lift
05-12-09, 11:39 am

If pump is out of your price range I would recommend picking up a tub of storm. The price is about the same as pump but storm has alot more servings than pump so it is more economical. Plus it has mono in it along with about 4 other types of creatine. I have tried it before and never got the bloat from it (like you, some creatines bloat me). Get a tub of this and you will be solid.

Peace

andrewT
05-12-09, 4:43 pm
Yes storm is what I was thinking of since it has a few different forms of creatine and is dirt cheap compared to others!

I always hear debates though about the worth of all these other kinds of creatine which is why I wanted to stick with mono.

Does creatine make you look "bigger" so to say? and how does pump, only on training days give you enough creatine to fill your creatine stores compared to taking 5 g of mono everyday?

live2lift
05-13-09, 11:40 am
Yes storm is what I was thinking of since it has a few different forms of creatine and is dirt cheap compared to others!

I always hear debates though about the worth of all these other kinds of creatine which is why I wanted to stick with mono.

Does creatine make you look "bigger" so to say? and how does pump, only on training days give you enough creatine to fill your creatine stores compared to taking 5 g of mono everyday?

As for creatine making you look bigger, I would have to say yes only because if you are drinking enough water (which you should drink extra whenever taking creatine), more of this water is being pulled into the muscle cells giving them the appearance of being bigger.

Pump only on training could give someone enough creatine to fill their stores because unless you are doing something on your non training days...such as HIIT or something else so physically demanding you are not going to drain those creatine stores from the day before. So that is another way to save some coin is to only take storm on training days. However if you are worried about draining your creatine stores then I would recommend Storm...that way you could take it everyday. Hope this helps bro.

Peace

andrewT
05-14-09, 4:19 pm
cool

I will look into both storm and pump

msktyshha
11-10-09, 9:29 pm
I had an issue when using creatine monohydrate some months ago so i stopped taking it. I liked the results it gave me strength and size wise but the side effect that I didn't like was that it gave me a puffy fat face. Did this ever happen to any of u??

BlackCatz
11-10-09, 10:03 pm
Not me man, still got a slim face but when i bulk obviously my face doesn't get as cut or slim. Are you certain it was the creatine?

mritter3
11-10-09, 10:35 pm
i get fat face when im on a bulk, but creatine does not play a part in it for me.

JamesRange62
11-10-09, 11:52 pm
i am taking monohydrate right now and i havent noticed any face puffiness.

just MUSCLE PUFFINESS!!!

Berzerker
11-11-09, 12:25 am
maybe its just the mono? i just got my Storm in today. blue raz. probally the best thing i have ever tasted.

JasonG
11-11-09, 12:58 am
maybe you are retaining water. You need to make sure you are drinking a gallon a day if you aren't.

Aggression
11-11-09, 9:03 am
maybe you are retaining water. You need to make sure you are drinking a gallon a day if you aren't.

This. Also, it could very well be your diet. Make sure the food choices are clean and drink 1+ gallon of water per day. The creatine bloat 'myth' is just that, a myth.

msktyshha
11-11-09, 11:47 am
I was drinking close to a gallon but my diet wasn't so clean. But I don't get it...If i drink more water won't my body retain more water too?? or is it the opposite

Aggression
11-11-09, 11:49 am
I was drinking close to a gallon but my diet wasn't so clean. But I don't get it...If i drink more water won't my body retain more water too?? or is it the opposite

The more water you drink, the more water your body pushes out.

msktyshha
11-11-09, 11:51 am
and I am pretty certain that it was creatine because when i got off of it my diet was the same and so was the water intake and training but my face looked more normal than when I was on creatine. When I was on creatine my face looked like a balloon when i got off of creatine, it looked as if someone took the air out and it went back to normal

msktyshha
11-11-09, 11:54 am
since I started ta creatine thread already...I also had low libido when I was on it and it came back when I got off. Is that just in my head? was this ever reported by anyone else?

msktyshha
11-11-09, 12:11 pm
I did the loading maintaining and washout cycle for creatine. I was at 175 and my dosage for loading was 20g for a week, maintaining 5 g for 2 weeks, washout for a week then back to loading I did this for 2 months. Was it overdosing? maybe that's why I got face puffiness??

Berzerker
11-11-09, 12:32 pm
since I started ta creatine thread already...I also had low libido when I was on it and it came back when I got off. Is that just in my head? was this ever reported by anyone else?

I dont see how creatine can effect your libido, since it is non hormonal....maybe you were just extremely focused on other things.

msktyshha
11-11-09, 12:45 pm
I dont see how creatine can effect your libido, since it is non hormonal....maybe you were just extremely focused on other things.

that could just be it.....btw ur stack shows your on zma and melatonin. both are good sleep aids but why two, why not just zma

Berzerker
11-11-09, 1:15 pm
Well the ZMA doesn't make me tired it just keeps me asleep, but the melatonin helps me fall asleep. I take it around 10 and I'm tired by 1030, it helps a lot, and its safe. Sometimes I train later in the day, and I have no energy since I wake up early for class so I need that extra boost so I take the red pill in my PUMP and I would come home and have all this extra energy and not go to bed around 2. I'm very sensitive to stimulants, just a little bit will keep me going...so the melatonin defiantly helps make me tired and improve my quality of sleep, plus it is extremely inexpensive.