PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Machine

spanish.iron
05-11-09, 8:50 pm
and check out the new "My Life's a Freakshow" article. Nothin can stop machine...not even a bad heart.

Machine, I hope you've been healin up well. Updates on the situation would be awesome to hear about.

Also...I just wanted to say that all your articles over the time I've been here have really tought me about what it means to fight. It ain't over till it's over.

Maccabee
05-11-09, 10:01 pm
wow

TylerC
05-11-09, 11:00 pm
I read the article, what a story

anybody know what the heart problem was?

DanTheMan
05-12-09, 1:56 am
"While Iím on the subject of things that are different, something completely unexpected happened to me on the morning of March 3, 2009. I developed a cough a few days prior to that, leading me to believe that I might have an upper respiratory infection, bronchitis or something else of that nature. I certainly didnít think it was something I had never seen before. Saying that I was wrong would be the understatement of the year.

I was wrong.

I went to the hospital to get treatment for what I thought were upper respiratory symptoms. Upon studying my chest x-ray, the doctor said that my heart was the size of a canned ham. He told me I would need a more advanced test at a nearby facility. As we drove to the heart facility, I began to blackout, to sweat profusely and to experience great pain in my chest. This time there was not sufficient time to feel that sudden rush of warmth from the adrenaline. "

above was from his "part 1" article.

i googled "enlarged heart" and found:
Enlarged Heart

As the name suggests, enlarged heart is an increase in the size of the heart. It's detected by physical examination, X-ray or other imaging tests.

An enlarged heart may be caused by a thickening of the heart muscle because of increased workload. (This increased workload can be due to heart valve disease or high blood pressure, for example.) This is called hypertrophy (hi-PER'tro-fe), which refers to enlargement of an organ or tissue due to an increase in cell size.

Left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH) is the medical term for enlargement of the left ventricle. (The left ventricle is the heart's main pumping chamber.) Hypertrophy also occurs in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (hi"per-TRO'fik kar"de-o-mi-OP'ah-the). Enlarged heart may also be a dilation (expansion) of the heart due to damage that weakens the heart muscle. Examples include heart attack, congestive heart failure and dilated cardiomyopathy. (Cardiomyopathy is a serious disease in which the heart muscle becomes inflamed and doesn't work as well as it should. For more information, see the Cardiomyopathy entry in this guide.)

couldn't find anything exactly on machine though...keep him in your prayers though

spanish.iron
05-12-09, 4:37 am
hmm... I wonder what the cause of enlarged heart is. It seems like a lot more than just a few athletes run into this problem. Is it preventable or is it just part of the iron life?

justinbrown
05-12-09, 2:34 pm
wow

good luck machine...know that you have a community of thousands waiting to see you return...

were all rooting for ya pal...

mritter3
05-12-09, 2:59 pm
machine is the man, not even heart problems will slow down that beast.

Nick101
05-14-09, 10:24 pm
machine if ur out there man, i just found ur column the other day and i just about read the whole thing. i cant think of someone with a better mindset and personality to be an icon for this life. good shit man, nothing better than readind some of your shit about leg day and than goin to squat till im blue in the face. heal up well man.

JeremyT
05-14-09, 10:41 pm
Machine,

I'm not sure if you will ever read this man, but if you do, I wanted to let you know, that you have my respect. That is something that is very hard to earn from me, and very few people are given this privilege. You are a man, in every sense of the word. I wish that somehow you could share with me your natural ability to not feel fear. I feel as though I live in a world where I am trapped by fear. Fear of others, fear of obstacles. I wish that I could know how to escape it, but alas I cannot.

Rest up, get well, take it easy, after all the years you have beaten your body to a pulp, give it some time to recover. It needs it!

Best of luck my friend, and I hope you make a speedy recovery.

Jeremy

Bartles
05-14-09, 11:09 pm
Thats some crazy stuff there. Get well man, you've been a real motivation to myself and many others here, keep going strong.

bamfrblb4
05-15-09, 12:02 am
Those two little parts of a story were the most inspirational, and bad ass things ive ever read. Machine heal up knowing that you've inspired thousands and everyone of them knows that if theres one guy that can over come this.. it is you my friend, were prayin for ya

Aggression
05-19-09, 2:22 pm
Yo fellas

Check out the next installment of the Machine saga here: http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=441

JUGGERNAUT
05-19-09, 2:35 pm
Just read it word for word. Machine is a very rare and unique being. He will prevail over what has dealt him a major punch.

On Letting Go
05-19-09, 3:08 pm
Im at a loss for words. Machine, we're all pulling for you brother.

OnLettingGo

Dingo
05-21-09, 1:24 am
I haven't checked the main site in quite some time, but tonight i thought why not. Forgive me if this is old news, but wow.
http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=441

I'm glad the man is alright and back to kicking ass. This place would not be the same without him, so as much as he thanks people, we all here on this forum owe him a huge thank you.

Machine, Thanks, for every thought you set to ink and put in motion with your fingers.
Not tryin to powder you nuts or blow smoke up your ass, just bein honest.
Godspeed.

InkdMuscle
05-21-09, 10:12 am
I haven't checked the main site in quite some time, but tonight i thought why not. Forgive me if this is old news, but wow.
http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=441

I'm glad the man is alright and back to kicking ass. This place would not be the same without him, so as much as he thanks people, we all here on this forum owe him a huge thank you.

Machine, Thanks, for every thought you set to ink and put in motion with your fingers.
Not tryin to powder you nuts or blow smoke up your ass, just bein honest.
Godspeed.

x3 very well said.

franklinX
05-21-09, 8:05 pm
hope a speedy recovery, was reading some old articles and came across one of his on arm training. did the lift 2 days ago... best lift i have had in months unreal pump
thank machine

Maccabee
05-21-09, 10:17 pm
I cant believe this...he was doing push ups at the hospital lol haha. Amazing.

mritter3
05-21-09, 10:20 pm
I cant believe this...he was doing push ups at the hospital lol haha. Amazing.

3 sets of 30, what a beast, at the hospital non the less.

Nick101
05-23-09, 8:00 pm
machine is the man. hey i just wanted to point something out. check out the june 21 entry in life is a freak show. its the one where he makes a recipe for a bodybuilder down towards the bottom. wanna talk about irony? he adds a 10 pound heart as one of the ingredients.

xMATT182x
05-26-09, 1:47 am
He is a true motivation in the flesh and I admire his devotion. Best of luck to your recovery and get well soon my man.

Apollos
05-27-09, 10:12 pm
I just wanted to take a second to thank Machine. After reading about his current fight against seemingly insurmountable medical issues, and his heroic attitude toward suffering and death, I find myself incredibly inspired. I've always looked up to him, I can name hundreds of times of reading his "Freakshow" articles before lifting to get in the mindset. I know I'm not alone when I say that Machine has been a big part of my lifting doctrine and attitude. So brother Machine, I promise you my balls to the wall training, my uncompromising and insatiable desire to be more than just another man. To be the real deal, not some plasting, posing gym rat, but to live by strength and honor- the principles of older days. Throw up your last gut wrenching set fellas, then bust out one more for Machine

Aggression
05-28-09, 8:52 am
Machine's 3rd installment is up and ready for viewing.

Here's the link: http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=441

*Browse down to the bottom and click the link ''The Next Chapter.'' It will bring you to the new article on our Myspace page.