PDA

View Full Version : My Project C Log

TheDarkHalf
05-12-09, 1:18 pm
Just getting my log started!

Current Stats -
Height: 6'0
Weight: 206.5 (as of sunday morning)

I will be weighing myself every sunday morning upon waking, as this is my current routine with my keto diet. I will provide an additional weight update again on Sunday May 17th before starting Project C on the 18th.

My current cardio regime is as follows:
AM Cardio - 40 mins incline treadmill
PM Cardio - 35 mins stairmaster or incline treadmill
(I will continue to add 5 mins each week until I reach where I want to be)
This will be done daily with the exception of monday; no cardio on leg day.

Lifting Split will be as follows:
Monday - Quads & Calves
Tues - Back, Hams/Glute, Abs
Wed - Chest, Forearms, Calves
Thurs - Arms @ Abs
Fri - Shoulders and Traps
Sat/Sun - Off

Universal Rep
05-12-09, 1:39 pm
Subbed. Gonna be a sweet ride, eh?

TheDarkHalf
05-12-09, 1:52 pm
Subbed. Gonna be a sweet ride, eh?

Oh man I cannot wait! SOOO PUMPED!

calcaneous
05-12-09, 1:52 pm
interest split doing hams/glutes after quad day.

what do you do on quad day compared to ham/glute day?

TheDarkHalf
05-12-09, 1:56 pm
interest split doing hams/glutes after quad day.

what do you do on quad day compared to ham/glute day?

On quad day i mainly just focus on those movements that isolate the quads as much as possible (extensions, front squats, wide leg presses, hack squats, etc).

Ham/glutes will include things like lying leg raises, seated leg curls, lunges, glute machine, etc.

Feel free to jump on my keto log, I actually just started this split.

Mr. Dead
05-12-09, 1:59 pm
Subbed... Definitely looking forward to this!!!

TheDarkHalf
05-12-09, 2:02 pm
Subbed... Definitely looking forward to this!!!

Gonna be one helluva ride!

pmug0000
05-12-09, 2:09 pm
On quad day i mainly just focus on those movements that isolate the quads as much as possible (extensions, front squats, wide leg presses, hack squats, etc).

Ham/glutes will include things like lying leg raises, seated leg curls, lunges, glute machine, etc.

What makes you think wide leg presses isolate quads more? I've always been under the impression that the opposite is true. I think about it the same way as squatting: feet close together = more quad involvement, feet wider apart = more ham/glute involvement (think sumo squats), so I've always done leg presses with my feet together to isolate quads. Also, feet higher on the leg press platform = more ham/glute involvement, feet lower = more quad involvement.

Oh yeah subbed

TheDarkHalf
05-12-09, 2:20 pm
What makes you think wide leg presses isolate quads more? I've always been under the impression that the opposite is true. I think about it the same way as squatting: feet close together = more quad involvement, feet wider apart = more ham/glute involvement (think sumo squats), so I've always done leg presses with my feet together to isolate quads. Also, feet higher on the leg press platform = more ham/glute involvement, feet lower = more quad involvement.

Oh yeah subbed

Haha you bastard =p. Well I was doing my leg presses one legged, and had my foot on the edge, i felt like it isolated my quads fairly well. But yea I agree, two legged presses close together would probably isolate more. How it feels is the most important

pmug0000
05-12-09, 2:32 pm
Haha you bastard =p. Well I was doing my leg presses one legged, and had my foot on the edge, i felt like it isolated my quads fairly well. But yea I agree, two legged presses close together would probably isolate more. How it feels is the most important

Oh yeah 1-leg presses are a different story, and I totally agree it's all about the mind-muscle connection and what you're feeling during the movement

Inarius
05-12-09, 3:02 pm
sub a dub dub

mritter3
05-12-09, 3:05 pm
looking forward to this darkhalf, i am also a tester....maybe i will start a project C log...not to copy of yours....cant wait to check this stuff out

arsilva
05-12-09, 3:08 pm

Oh yeah subbed

subbed as well/going to be starting my own project C log soon

And to whey (lol) in on the whole wide/narrow stance leg press thing: one day i was going to do a ham-focused leg press session, and had read that wide stance was for hams. I did four sets of wide stance with my feet at the top of the leg press, and by the time i was done, i had the sickest quad pump i had had up until that point or since...so i dont really know what's right here.

hardworkE
05-12-09, 3:59 pm
Definitely can't wait to see how this unfolds...subbed!

Flash419
05-12-09, 4:20 pm
I'm in ... I'll be starting my own log this weekend. Good luck to us all. I'm sure with the newest from Animal great things are going to happen. :)

J-Dawg
05-12-09, 4:25 pm
Subbed to see this get underway.

TheDarkHalf
05-12-09, 7:19 pm
sub a dub dub

Word

looking forward to this darkhalf, i am also a tester....maybe i will start a project C log...not to copy of yours....cant wait to check this stuff out

Well I hope all the testers start a log - it's the least we can do for getting to take part in something as great as this.

subbed as well/going to be starting my own project C log soon

And to whey (lol) in on the whole wide/narrow stance leg press thing: one day i was going to do a ham-focused leg press session, and had read that wide stance was for hams. I did four sets of wide stance with my feet at the top of the leg press, and by the time i was done, i had the sickest quad pump i had had up until that point or since...so i dont really know what's right here.

Right on brother, and glad to see some additional input on the stance debate. Looking forward to seeing you at the next ABC!

Definitely can't wait to see how this unfolds...subbed!

Thanks brother! Should be interesting!

I'm in ... I'll be starting my own log this weekend. Good luck to us all. I'm sure with the newest from Animal great things are going to happen. :)

Couldn't have said it any better myself

Subbed to see this get underway.

Wondering when The Boss was going to step in. Honored to have you along!

calcaneous
05-12-09, 8:30 pm

hm... interesting.

bro, if it works for you, im not going to fight you on it.

im going to sub to this one, brother.

machineman
05-12-09, 8:48 pm
in...

TheDarkHalf
05-12-09, 10:52 pm
hm... interesting.
bro, if it works for you, im not going to fight you on it.
im going to sub to this one, brother.

Hey man i'm always open to hearing other opinions. They help us grow and learn as individuals and as a forvm as well.

in...

Word.

MrMuscles22
05-13-09, 3:46 pm
Riding along with ya bro! I know your log is gonna kick ass!

TheDarkHalf
05-13-09, 3:58 pm
Riding along with ya bro! I know your log is gonna kick ass!

Thanks man - can't wait for this! One can only hope that my Project C package is waiting for me at home!

NJC_Manhattan
05-13-09, 4:45 pm
Subbd for this one... I wanna see how this reacts with your diet... Keto into Project C? Sounds pretty serious

C.Coronato
05-13-09, 5:16 pm
Very excited for this brother. As a dieting member i know your pain haha. Lets go homie.

TheDarkHalf
05-13-09, 8:17 pm
Subbd for this one... I wanna see how this reacts with your diet... Keto into Project C? Sounds pretty serious

Should be pretty interesting - hopefully it'll kick me in the ass!

Very excited for this brother. As a dieting member i know your pain haha. Lets go homie.

Yep! You got it bro. Time to get it done!

Universal Rep
05-14-09, 1:41 pm
Oh man I cannot wait! SOOO PUMPED!

Let's get the show on the road, eh?

TheDarkHalf
05-14-09, 2:59 pm
Let's get the show on the road, eh?

Well then maybe you guys should have OVERNIGHTED Project C!

machineman
05-14-09, 8:11 pm
Well then maybe you guys should have OVERNIGHTED Project C!

haha....I'll give you a X2 on that!

TheDarkHalf
05-15-09, 3:54 pm
Aight got my package today, will be starting tomorrow. Anyone know if we are supposed to take one or two packs a day?

TheDarkHalf
05-15-09, 3:55 pm
Nevermind, two a day it is. Here we gooooooooooo

machineman
05-15-09, 4:55 pm
Nevermind, two a day it is. Here we gooooooooooo

please ignore my PM!!

TheDarkHalf
05-15-09, 6:10 pm
please ignore my PM!!

hahah too late

mritter3
05-15-09, 9:08 pm
got mine today also, cant wait to start this out.

TheDarkHalf
05-16-09, 1:05 pm
Aight went to the gym today, did 75min on the stairmaster. Unfortunately abs class wasn't until 11:30 (i thought it was at 11). I ended up going back for it anyways.

It's really early to be making speculation in regards to Project C. However, I ended up taking Project C about 15mins before going to the gym. On my walk there I thought I was behind schedule and was walking a brisk pace. When I stopped at the cross walk to wait for the light to change, I realized that my heart was beating much faster than it should have been for the pace of walking I was doing. So far so good though, I may even be tempted to go back to golds for another abs class at 2. Weigh in tomorrow morning.

machineman
05-16-09, 8:02 pm
Aight went to the gym today, did 75min on the stairmaster. Unfortunately abs class wasn't until 11:30 (i thought it was at 11). I ended up going back for it anyways.

It's really early to be making speculation in regards to Project C. However, I ended up taking Project C about 15mins before going to the gym. On my walk there I thought I was behind schedule and was walking a brisk pace. When I stopped at the cross walk to wait for the light to change, I realized that my heart was beating much faster than it should have been for the pace of walking I was doing. So far so good though, I may even be tempted to go back to golds for another abs class at 2. Weigh in tomorrow morning.

good shit, bro....can't wait til Monday to start this up!!

TheDarkHalf
05-16-09, 8:19 pm
good shit, bro....can't wait til Monday to start this up!!

It's good stuff man, you'll definitely notice it.

FYI Everyone - I went back to golds at 2pm for another 15 min ab class

MrMuscles22
05-16-09, 8:29 pm
It's good stuff man, you'll definitely notice it.

FYI Everyone - I went back to golds at 2pm for another 15 min ab class

Just be careful you don't overtrain them bro.

TheDarkHalf
05-16-09, 9:25 pm
Just be careful you don't overtrain them bro.

You can't overtrain what you don't have!!! hahaha

Yea man considering I did the 30 min class last week I consider this to be fine. I need to bring my core strength up so I can get back into MMA. I also feel that bringing my core up will help with a lot of my lower back problems.

mritter3
05-16-09, 9:33 pm
hey man that stuff sounds solid, starting mine on monday, cant wait

TheDarkHalf
05-16-09, 11:18 pm
hey man that stuff sounds solid, starting mine on monday, cant wait

you're in for a treat!

TheDarkHalf
05-17-09, 4:30 pm
Woke up and weighed in today at 201.5!

today was just a cardio day - put in two back to back 40 min sessions on the incline treadmill

Took Project C about 15 mins pre cardio, definitely felt it kick my heart rate up a notch!

MrMuscles22
05-17-09, 4:38 pm
Nice progress do far on that keto diet bro! That's dedication right there!

TheDarkHalf
05-17-09, 6:26 pm
Nice progress do far on that keto diet bro! That's dedication right there!

Thanks bro! It's going really well, just gonna see where I can take this diet.

TheDarkHalf
05-18-09, 8:32 pm
Today was quads and calfs, and was my first day having a lift with project c. Here are the numbers, and i'll add comments as necessary. I would like to add at this point, after doing a fair amount of reading today at work that I will no longer be taking rest periods between sets (other than to shift plates around) and will only rest 30-60 sec between exercises if necessary.

Cybex Hack Squats - 1pps x20, 1pps25 x20, 2pps x15, 2pps25 x12 (threw down project c here)

Front Squats - 115x15, 135x12, 155x10, 160x8

(was going to go to 1-legged incline leg press, but they were taken so.....)

ATG Squats - 185x10, 225x10, 250x7, 275x6 (about midway through these project c kicked in - I could tell because I was sweating my ass off. Literally pouring buckets, it came out of no where)

FST-7 One Legged Extensions - 45x12 (7 sets)

Seated Calf Raise - 100x10, 4 sets

Standing Calf Raise - 175x10, 4 sets

FST-7 Cybex Calf Machine - 70x12 (4 sets), 90x12 (2 sets), 110x12

DC Quad and Calf Stretch

5 mins on bike - (I felt my body temp rise through the roof here. Just got really fuckin warm for only being on the bike for 5 mins. I could feel that my face was red as shit).

Done. In and out in an hour.

pmug0000
05-18-09, 9:54 pm
Man a leg day without rests between sets sounds like hell, that is one brutal looking workout

machineman
05-18-09, 10:13 pm
Today was quads and calfs, and was my first day having a lift with project c. Here are the numbers, and i'll add comments as necessary. I would like to add at this point, after doing a fair amount of reading today at work that I will no longer be taking rest periods between sets (other than to shift plates around) and will only rest 30-60 sec between exercises if necessary.

Cybex Hack Squats - 1pps x20, 1pps25 x20, 2pps x15, 2pps25 x12 (threw down project c here)

ATG Squats - 185x10, 225x10, 250x7, 275x6 (about midway through these project c kicked in - I could tell because I was sweating my ass off. Literally pouring buckets, it came out of no where)

DC Quad and Calf Stretch

5 mins on bike - (I felt my body temp rise through the roof here. Just got really fuckin warm for only being on the bike for 5 mins. I could feel that my face was red as shit).

great looking workout!

TheDarkHalf
05-18-09, 10:26 pm
Man a leg day without rests between sets sounds like hell, that is one brutal looking workout

Thanks man. I'm interested in seeing the effects from no-rest sets. From the research i've been doing, it's been nothing but positive.

great looking workout!

Thanks man, my legs are so sore right now. Cardio is gonna suckkk tomorrow! On a side note though my 40in LCD is coming tomorrow =D

machineman
05-18-09, 10:28 pm
it's all about perspective!!

fatbackgoal
05-18-09, 10:46 pm
Subbed in for the journey...knock it out!!

TheDarkHalf
05-19-09, 9:17 am
it's all about perspective!!

Absolutely.

Subbed in for the journey...knock it out!!

Thanks man, great to have you along.

arsilva
05-19-09, 10:06 am
whenever i try no-rest legs days, i end up driving the porcelain bus for at least five min after my first two exercises.

sick leg workout though man.

sounds like you're liking project C, i should finally be getting mine today, so we'll see how she do.

TheDarkHalf
05-19-09, 10:46 am
whenever i try no-rest legs days, i end up driving the porcelain bus for at least five min after my first two exercises.

sick leg workout though man.

sounds like you're liking project C, i should finally be getting mine today, so we'll see how she do.

Haha I feel you man. I will say that those ATG squats I did after the front squats were murder. I could feel the blood pouring into my legs.

Project C is going well. Tonight I have back, hams, and abs class. Should be one hell of a session.

NJC_Manhattan
05-19-09, 11:22 am
Impressive leg day Dark. Way to keep up the diet/exercise

hardworkE
05-19-09, 11:25 am
Pouring buckets, no rest leg day. That honestly gave me a sick feeling in my stomach. Tough, tough workout DH

mritter3
05-19-09, 11:28 am
good shit so far, glad to see your digging project c, loving mine so far, cant wait to see what happens next. hows the diet treating ya?

TheDarkHalf
05-19-09, 11:37 am
Impressive leg day Dark. Way to keep up the diet/exercise

Thanks man. I'm feeling it today!

Pouring buckets, no rest leg day. That honestly gave me a sick feeling in my stomach. Tough, tough workout DH

It was intense, and that's the way I like it.

good shit so far, glad to see your digging project c, loving mine so far, cant wait to see what happens next. hows the diet treating ya?

Diet is going well. Haven't really changed it much - some days i'll do 3 whole food meals and 3 shakes, some days i'll do 4 whole food meals and 2 shakes. Just really depends on my schedule and convince. I haven't had to alter my diet at all since the start, i've been consistently losing weight from week to week. I am currently consuming around 300g pro and 100g of fat. I was origionally doing 133g of fat, but I wasn't seeing much weight loss and tapered the fats down. Now the weight loss is slow and steady, which is the way I like it.

Dingo
05-19-09, 1:30 pm

DC Quad and Calf Stretch

coulda been a synergistic effect of C and the increased intensity of the workout that had the buckets pourin. kinda like fat bastards i eat because im depressed and im depressed because i eat

last night i did legs as well, minimal breaks until i got a sick feelin.

TheDarkHalf
05-19-09, 11:24 pm
coulda been a synergistic effect of C and the increased intensity of the workout that had the buckets pourin. kinda like fat bastards i eat because im depressed and im depressed because i eat

last night i did legs as well, minimal breaks until i got a sick feelin.

Good to have you along. I guarantee that was why I was pourin buckets.

Did things a little differently today cardio wise. Did my cardio in the AM and in the afternoon while I waited for my TV to show up =D Needless to say my TV is awesome!

Had back/hams tonight - here's how it went down, still continuing with no rest sets.

Assisted Pullups - 14 NG, 10 CG, 8 UG, 7 WG

BB Row - 135x12, 145x10, 155x10, 165x10

(took project c - again noticed sweating buckets and increase in body temp)

VBar - L8x12, L9x10, L10x8, x8

FST7 HS Row - 1pps25x12 (3 sets), 1pps x12 (4 sets)

Lying Leg Curl - 80x12

BB Lunges - 95x15, 115x12

DB Lunges - 40x12, 45x12

FST7 Seated Leg Curl - 70x12 (7 sets)

FST7 Ham Glute Raise - 50x12 (2 sets), 62.5x12(4 sets), 75x12

10 mins warm down on bike

30 min ab class

Done. Had a comment from a trainer today that I looked like I was starting to lean out. One of the more cut up guys in the gym told me the same thing. Finally making some progress! Had my bf% tested today and it put me at 13.5 - I'd like to get down to 10.

TheDarkHalf
05-20-09, 3:28 pm
I would just like to report that there is absolutely no appetite suppression for me thus far (I must have a weird metabolism i'm always hungry), and I feel like I'm getting much more out of this if I take before I lift then pre-cardio.

For whatever the reason, I sweat much harder when Project C is in my system while I lift then while on cardio. However, I can feel when Project C kicks in...not only in my heart rate but in my brain as well. I can feel the mood enhancers (or something similar, as i've experienced this before with other products) which definitely helps me focus and become more alert during my cardio and workouts a like. That may also be why I get more of a benefit when I lift - there is more to focus on while lifting then while walking on an incline treadmill.

Just some thoughts.

hardworkE
05-20-09, 4:57 pm
Done. Had a comment from a trainer today that I looked like I was starting to lean out. One of the more cut up guys in the gym told me the same thing. Finally making some progress! Had my bf% tested today and it put me at 13.5 - I'd like to get down to 10.

Always a great confidence/motivation boost to hear this from people that you respect. Nice work and with the way things have looked in your log, this isn't really a surprise. Looking to see where you start/finish after Keto/Project C

mritter3
05-20-09, 6:04 pm
things are looking good in here dark, keep it up.

TheDarkHalf
05-20-09, 9:36 pm
Always a great confidence/motivation boost to hear this from people that you respect. Nice work and with the way things have looked in your log, this isn't really a surprise. Looking to see where you start/finish after Keto/Project C

things are looking good in here dark, keep it up.

Thanks guys! You know i'm always giving 100%.

Here's how chest went down tonight - continuing with no rest sets

Flat BB Bench - 170x15, 205x10, 225x5, 235x3 drop to 225x2 (negatives) drop to 135x10 (negatives)

Incline DB - 60x10, 65x10, 70x8, x8

Dips - BW x8, x6, x6, x6

DB Flat Flyes - 45x10, 50x8, x8, 55x8

DC stretch with 55s

FST7 HS Incline 1ppsx12 (3 sets), 35ps x12 (4 sets)

Calves - did a bunch, worked in with that same dude who told me I was lookin skinny. We just kept going and I finally had to quit cause my calfs were too pumped!

Forearms - skipped due to time constraints, will do this tomorrow.

PM Cardio - 40 mins stairmaster

MrMuscles22
05-20-09, 9:47 pm
yeah bro, I notice the increase in sweating as well. I was fucking soaked this morning during my delt/trap workout and even more soaked when I did an hour on the treadmill this afternoon. Great workout there bro! Keep it up and those abs will be yours in no time!

pmug0000
05-20-09, 10:32 pm
Nice chest session, you're still putting up some solid numbers despite no rest periods

TheDarkHalf
05-20-09, 11:17 pm
yeah bro, I notice the increase in sweating as well. I was fucking soaked this morning during my delt/trap workout and even more soaked when I did an hour on the treadmill this afternoon. Great workout there bro! Keep it up and those abs will be yours in no time!

Good shit man - i'm certainly not complaining about those buckets pouring out that's for sure! Just gotta keep truckin that's all I can do.

Nice chest session, you're still putting up some solid numbers despite no rest periods

Thanks man. I'm pretty happy with it as well, and i'm getting my workouts done in a much more efficient and timely fashion. It's also been awhile since i've felt this sore (or atleast since i've started cutting). Should be a good way to hopefully round everything out and trim off some fat (and maybe even build a little muscle too).

machineman
05-21-09, 6:22 am
solid work, dark....definitely feeling similar things as you....

TheDarkHalf
05-21-09, 8:31 am
solid work, dark....definitely feeling similar things as you....

Thanks man. Glad to hear some others are experiencing the same things. I've finally noticed a need to increase my water intake. Just seemed a little extra thirsty at work yesterday, not like I'm not already killing water/tea all day anyways...

machineman
05-21-09, 10:15 am
Thanks man. Glad to hear some others are experiencing the same things. I've finally noticed a need to increase my water intake. Just seemed a little extra thirsty at work yesterday, not like I'm not already killing water/tea all day anyways...

same here....with the temps getting into the low 80's, it makes it just about 100 inside....have been putting down almost 2 gal a day this week.....

TheDarkHalf
05-21-09, 10:38 am
same here....with the temps getting into the low 80's, it makes it just about 100 inside....have been putting down almost 2 gal a day this week.....

I would venture to say that I am getting well over 2 gallons per day. Now i'm just peeing a lot.

fatbackgoal
05-21-09, 11:22 am
Good work. I would agree that I am putting down much more water. I walk around work with a gallon jug and people just laugh, but it beats filling up a glass all the time.

TheDarkHalf
05-21-09, 11:27 am
Good work. I would agree that I am putting down much more water. I walk around work with a gallon jug and people just laugh, but it beats filling up a glass all the time.

Thanks. Who cares if those people laugh, they just don't get it and will most likely not have the drive that we have to get things done.

machineman
05-21-09, 12:14 pm
Thanks. Who cares if those people laugh, they just don't get it and will most likely not have the drive that we have to get things done.

AMEN brother.....people here don't understand why I am eating the way I am, either...they ask, don't you get tired of the same stuff everyday....I just reply NOPE and smile!

TheDarkHalf
05-21-09, 2:29 pm
AMEN brother.....people here don't understand why I am eating the way I am, either...they ask, don't you get tired of the same stuff everyday....I just reply NOPE and smile!

I wish I had an FAQ card. That way, when I go out to the bars and people inquire as to why i'm not drinking I can just hand them a card that explains everything....I get sick of having to have the same conversation 5 million times in a night.

Bi's, Tri's, and some forearms tonight. Should be some pretty serious stuff!

Dingo
05-21-09, 3:57 pm
ill be hittin up arms tonight as well.
As far as water intake goes definitely feelin the same. Yall should google some of the ingredients on the list that shipped with it, it will explain alot.
After a little research last night im pretty sure i would like to cycle a second can after a 1-3 week "off" cycle.

Dingo
05-21-09, 3:59 pm

I wish I had an FAQ card. That way, when I go out to the bars and people inquire as to why i'm not drinking I can just hand them a card that explains everything....I get sick of having to have the same conversation 5 million times in a night.

Bi's, Tri's, and some forearms tonight. Should be some pretty serious stuff!

haha my old boss was that way, especially when i started a cut cycle before my wedding last year. she finally realized i didnt eat for pleasure, it was eating as a necessity. especially when she saw how lean i was gettting with chicken, tuna, cottage cheese fruit and veggies while she was stayin plump starving herself and barely making time to eat. Just stay on the path and you will get where you want to be, and with C ya may just get there sooner.

NJC_Manhattan
05-21-09, 4:53 pm
Keep up the hard work bro. I'm sure this test run is going to do you good.

TheDarkHalf
05-21-09, 10:58 pm
ill be hittin up arms tonight as well.
As far as water intake goes definitely feelin the same. Yall should google some of the ingredients on the list that shipped with it, it will explain alot.
After a little research last night im pretty sure i would like to cycle a second can after a 1-3 week "off" cycle.

I did that the day Project C came to my house. I would like to speculate at this point that Project C mimics an ECA stack (with some added goodies of course).

haha my old boss was that way, especially when i started a cut cycle before my wedding last year. she finally realized i didnt eat for pleasure, it was eating as a necessity. especially when she saw how lean i was gettting with chicken, tuna, cottage cheese fruit and veggies while she was stayin plump starving herself and barely making time to eat. Just stay on the path and you will get where you want to be, and with C ya may just get there sooner.

I've been on the path for the last 12 weeks, and i'm not going anywhere anytime soon.

Keep up the hard work bro. I'm sure this test run is going to do you good.

Thanks man, i'm doing the best I can and i'm sure i'll see a great benefit from project c as well. Really looking to that weigh in on Sunday.

Did things a little differently tonight. Sticking with the no-rest set policy i've been implementing, I worked bi's first and then moved onto tris. Here's how it went down.

7am Cardio - 40 mins incline treadmill

BB Curls - 55x12, 65x12, 75x10, 80x8 (had an insane pump after that)

Pinwheel Curls - 35x14, 40x10, 45x10, 50x10

Spider Curls - 40x12, 60x10, 70x7, 40x9

FST7 DB Curls - 20x12 (7 sets)

---------------------

CGBP - 95x12, 115x12, 135x8, 140x8

BB Tricep Extensions - 50x12, 70x10, 70x10, 60x10

DB Kickbacks - 20x15, 25x12, 25x10, 30x10

FST7 Rope Pulldowns - L4x12 (7 sets)

--------------------

DB Wrist Curls - 50x10 (3 sets)

Abs

PWO Cardio - 40 mins stairmaster

Got another compliment today about looking like I lost weight - this rather attractive chick that lives in my apartment building said and I quote "Dude, you've lost weight!" I just smiled and said "When you're ready to get serious, I'll be here to train you" =D She has expressed an interest getting into better shape in the past...she's just very busy with work she's a marketing director or something and travels a ton (she's also 35 =D).

Dingo
05-22-09, 12:39 am
beware of cougars, lol
eca stack, i hadnt really considered it because its jitterless, lol ephedra kicked my arse the first few times i ever used it.
It sounds about right with the weight i've dropped this week, 7lbs! i know its all water but damn.

TheDarkHalf
05-22-09, 9:26 am
beware of cougars, lol
eca stack, i hadnt really considered it because its jitterless, lol ephedra kicked my arse the first few times i ever used it.
It sounds about right with the weight i've dropped this week, 7lbs! i know its all water but damn.

Well like I said, this just mimics ECA - not nearly as powerful as ECA itself, but from my research into Project C that's what i've determined. I could also be very wrong - it's just purely speculation.

Flash419
05-22-09, 10:31 am
I would venture to say that I am getting well over 2 gallons per day. Now i'm just peeing a lot.

I've noticed this too.. the increased sweating too..

Solid workouts bro... Keep it going!

Dingo
05-22-09, 11:48 am
are you getting cotton mouthed? Even though the fluid intake is up at various times throughout the day i get that feeling, even while drinking water.

TheDarkHalf
05-22-09, 12:56 pm
I've noticed this too.. the increased sweating too..

Solid workouts bro... Keep it going!

Thanks boss!

are you getting cotton mouthed? Even though the fluid intake is up at various times throughout the day i get that feeling, even while drinking water.

I'll get back to you on this as i'll now be keeping an eye out for it

TheDarkHalf
05-22-09, 10:59 pm
Shoulders

DB Press - 40x12, 45x12, 50x10, 55x8

DB Front Raise - 20x12, x12, 25x11, 30x8

BO DB Rear Delt Raise - 15x12, x12, 20x11, x10

FST7 Reverse Pec Dec - 90x12 (7 sets)

FST7 Lateral Machine Raise - 80x12 (7 sets)

-----------------------------------------

Traps

Upright Rows - 60x12, 70x11, x10, 80x8

BB Shrugs - 135x15, 185x12, 225x11, 275x8

FST7 DB Shrugs - 60x12, 65x12, 70x12, 70x12, 75x12, 75x12, 85x12

PM Cardio - 40 mins stairmaster

Little Z
05-22-09, 11:10 pm
lookin solid bro!

TheDarkHalf
05-22-09, 11:13 pm
lookin solid bro!

Thanks Z - even though the work was solid, I left the gym with energy. I am sitting here thinking I could have blasted my shoulders and traps harder. Might have went a little too light, but i'm trying to find a balance with my no rest during sets policy. Don't want to over do it, don't want to under do it either. I'll make the appropriate adjustments during next weeks sessions.

fatbackgoal
05-22-09, 11:14 pm
Good stuff!!

Little Z
05-22-09, 11:15 pm
Thanks Z - even though the work was solid, I left the gym with energy. I am sitting here thinking I could have blasted my shoulders and traps harder. Might have went a little too light, but i'm trying to find a balance with my no rest during sets policy. Don't want to over do it, don't want to under do it either. I'll make the appropriate adjustments during next weeks sessions.

im going through the same process bro

trying to find that right mix..

TheDarkHalf
05-22-09, 11:16 pm
Good stuff!!

Thanks brother!

im going through the same process bro

trying to find that right mix..

It's all about that fine tuning.....

pmug0000
05-23-09, 1:52 am
Nice, I've done some of those same shoulder fst-7's and man did I feel pumped. Lot's of trap work there too, good stuff

TheDarkHalf
05-23-09, 12:29 pm
Nice, I've done some of those same shoulder fst-7's and man did I feel pumped. Lot's of trap work there too, good stuff

Thanks man. They definitely were not easy!

Just cardio and abs class today, I might throw in some Bi's later here at the apt. If I do i'll post up the numbers later.

AM Cardio - 80 mins stairmaster followed by 15 min ab class

I will be posting up a week 1 review of project c tomorrow.

TheDarkHalf
05-25-09, 10:37 am
Sunday's Weigh-in: 202

Up a pound from the week before, wouldn't be surprised if I put on a pound of mass from the way i've been training. I gave it everything I had last week, looking back last week's workout were really great.

I was going to give a week one review of this product, but i think i'll just wait to the end and give a full length review. However, I do feel that 3 weeks is almost not long enough to give a solid assessment for this product, another 3 weeks would be beneficial IMO but that extension will probably not happen. Don't get me wrong, i'm still honored to be a tester!

belladiabla13
05-25-09, 10:48 am
Looks like your kicking ass!!! Keep it up!

TheDarkHalf
05-25-09, 11:05 am
Looks like your kicking ass!!! Keep it up!

You know this! Thanks for dropping by, great to have you along :-)

TheDarkHalf
05-25-09, 3:09 pm
Very nice day today. All I have on the agenda is working out and eating - just got back from the gym so I've got the rest of the day ahead of me!

Quads

One Leg Incline Leg Press -
1pps x20
1p10 x14
1p20 x12
1p30 x10

Cybex Hack Squat -
1p25 x15
1p35 x15
2pps x12
2p10 x11

Front Squats - 125x14, 135x12, 155x10, 165x7

FST7 One Leg Extensions - 60x12 (7 sets)

Calves

Standing Calf Raise -
195x10, x10
175x10, x10
155x10
After each set I did 10 calf raises from the floor

Seated Calf Raise -
95x10, x10
115x10
After each set I did 10 calf raises from the floor

FST7 Cybex Calf Machine - 110x12 (6 sets), 130x12

5 min warm down on bike

C.Coronato
05-26-09, 4:43 pm
Hows everything in here brother man? Feelin good?

NJC_Manhattan
05-26-09, 9:52 pm
Nice work man. Looks like you're keeping up the intensity. How are you liking C?

TheDarkHalf
05-26-09, 11:04 pm
Hows everything in here brother man? Feelin good?

Everything is going well! C is treating me very well thus far and keto is going well. Really been putting in the time at the gym....still got a few percentages of bf to shed! Thinking about coming off keto here in a bit and moving to a carb cycle. More than likely would be a rotation of 0, 50, 75.

Nice work man. Looks like you're keeping up the intensity. How are you liking C?

It's good man. I think it's great stand alone and would be even greater stacked with something else.

Tonight's workout was rough....here's how it went down. Still training with no rest sets.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Back

Assisted pullups - 13 underhand, 10 wide, 10 close, and 8 neutral

DB Row - 80x10, x10, 85x10, x10

Parallel Pulldown - L8x12, L9x10, L10x10, L11x7

FST7 Low Row - 1pps x12 (7 sets)

This took me 25 mins

---------------------------------------------------------------

Abs Class

30 mins

Hamstrings

DB Lunges - 45x8, 50x8, 60x8, x8

Ham/Glute Raise - 50x12, 62.5 x10, 75x10, 87.5x10

Lying Leg Curl - 95x12, 100x10, 105x10, 110x10

FST7 Seated Leg Curl - 75x12 (7 sets)

Didn't time this

Cardio
AM - 45 mins
PM - 30 mins

Comments:

Took C 20 mins before working out, and took the other pack after ab class. I don't think i've ever sweat so much in my life! Brutal workout!

Had to cut PM cardio short - it was 7:30pm when I was walking out of the gym....my last meal was at 4:00pm. Needed to get home and get something to eat!

Eliminated Uni-liver. Wanted to cut some corners on cals, seemed an easy way to do so.

Thinking about bringing keto to an end at the end of C, and moving to carb cycling or just simply eating carbs when I feel like I need them.

Dingo
05-27-09, 10:43 am

if your not pukin, sweat is pourin, muscles are pumped then your fine. Listen to your body, I start to have small bouts of lightheadedness, and nausea when im starting to redline. I've had people tell me that i'm turning ghost white. 2-5 minutes and some water and i'm fine.

TheDarkHalf
05-27-09, 11:01 am
if your not pukin, sweat is pourin, muscles are pumped then your fine. Listen to your body, I start to have small bouts of lightheadedness, and nausea when im starting to redline. I've had people tell me that i'm turning ghost white. 2-5 minutes and some water and i'm fine.

I would venture to guess that the lightheadedness/nausea you are experiencing is your CNS releasing hormones from the high intensity of your training. This is a good thing =D

hardworkE
05-27-09, 11:14 am
You are working HARD in here...this is a great log. Glad to see everything is going well with C.

fatbackgoal
05-27-09, 11:18 am
Good work being done. How do you think the carb cycling will react with the Project C?

TheDarkHalf
05-27-09, 1:04 pm
You are working HARD in here...this is a great log. Glad to see everything is going well with C.

Thank for the good looks brother. I feel like i've touched on a whole nother level of training since i've started no rest sets. It's pushed me not only physically, but mentally as well. Can't even begin to describe how serious my training has become. I'm in an entirely different place then where I was two weeks ago.

Good work being done. How do you think the carb cycling will react with the Project C?

I'm sure it will work just as well with a ketogenic diet, but as I said i'm thinking about doing this AFTER my run of C. But I haven't even really decided if i'm going to do it yet. Will have a better idea after I sit down for a few hours and start outlining everything.

Dingo
05-27-09, 3:23 pm
Thank for the good looks brother. I feel like i've touched on a whole nother level of training since i've started no rest sets. It's pushed me not only physically, but mentally as well. Can't even begin to describe how serious my training has become. I'm in an entirely different place then where I was two weeks ago.

get ready to start to get dirty looks, i've been told a couple times to "lighten up","dont take yourself so serious", and my favorite "why do you try so hard? I don't understand pushing yourself like that"

and i dont really think im doing all that much, but whatever. I take em all as compliments.

all in all, keep that shit up up! The less rest, the less need for cardio in a "bulk"

TheDarkHalf
05-27-09, 3:36 pm
get ready to start to get dirty looks, i've been told a couple times to "lighten up","dont take yourself so serious", and my favorite "why do you try so hard? I don't understand pushing yourself like that"

and i dont really think im doing all that much, but whatever. I take em all as compliments.

all in all, keep that shit up up! The less rest, the less need for cardio in a "bulk"

Precisely. I don't ever really see an end to my no-rest sets anytime soon. It keeps my workouts intense, and I always use proper form. I definitely plan on carrying this method over on my next bulk.

TheDarkHalf
05-27-09, 9:19 pm
Chest

Swiss ball DB Press - 40x12, 45x10, 50x10, 55x8

Superset:
Incline BB - 135x10, 155x10, 185x5, 165x5
Pushups - 8, 8, 5, 5

Dips - BWx10, x7, x6, x6

Standing Cable Crossovers - L4x15, L3x13, x11, x10

FST7 HS Bench - 25ps x12 (3 sets), 35ps (4 sets)

--------------------------------------------------
Calves

Standing Calf Raise -
195x10, x10, x10
175x10, x10
10 calf raises from the floor between each set

Seated Cybex Rotary Calf -
210x20

-------------------------------------------------
Cardio

AM - 45 min incline treadmill
PM - 40 min stair master

-------------------------------------------------
Comments:

Went lighter on the DB press because I had never done it with the swiss ball before. Definitely different, and was really compound I could feel it working all kinds of muscles! My chest was definitely pumped after this.

The Incline BB superset with pushups was nuts. I generally do a lot heavier weight on incline, but being that it was my 2nd exercise AND superset with pushups caused me to take it down a notch. So intense, pump was INSANE.

I called the crossovers "standing" because I always see so many people bent while doing them. I stood straight up and down and had a nice controlled motion. I've never felt a squeeze like that in my chest before, I felt like my pecs were going to explode out of my chest.

I don't know if it was just hot in golds today, but today by far was my most intense bout with PWO cardio. I don't think i've ever sweat so much in my life. Maybe C is kicking in full force/harder now, I dunno. Will monitor for the next few days and see if the sweats continue. I also took C about 15-20 mins preWO today.

All-in-All, fucking awesome workout.

TheDarkHalf
05-28-09, 9:49 am
would like to report that I had my first C burp today, reminded me of M-stak!

hardworkE
05-28-09, 9:52 am
Nice Chest workout, you're killing it man. I had my first BCAA pill burp yesterday and I thought I was going to throw up. I thought EFA burps were bad, wow. That was a whole new beast.

machineman
05-28-09, 9:53 am
nice workout, DH....I noticed the C seemed to really be kicking yesterday too....40 minute quad workout and I was soaked....

TheDarkHalf
05-28-09, 10:00 am
Nice Chest workout, you're killing it man. I had my first BCAA pill burp yesterday and I thought I was going to throw up. I thought EFA burps were bad, wow. That was a whole new beast.

Thanks man. Nitro burps are terrible, especially when the powder flies out of your mouth!

nice workout, DH....I noticed the C seemed to really be kicking yesterday too....40 minute quad workout and I was soaked....

Thanks boss. Hoping to see a little recomp here!

TheDarkHalf
05-28-09, 7:59 pm
Bi's

BB Curl - 65x12, 75x11

Incline DB Curl - 25x10, x10, 30x9, x8

Pinwheel Curls - 40x10, 45x10, 50x10, 55x6 drop to 30x6

FST7 Nautilus Bicep Curl - 35x12 (7 sets)

---------------------------------------

Tri's

CGBP - 115x10, 135x10, x10, 145x9

BB Tricep Extension - 70x12, x10, 80x8, 60x12

Straight Bar Press Down - L6x12, L8x10, L9x10, L10x10

FST7 One Arm Reverse Cable Pressdowns - L2x12 (7 sets)

Abs & Forearms

Cable Crunch - L2x12, L8x12, L10x12

Superset:
Hanging Knee Raise - BWx12, x12, x12
Decline Situps - BWx12, x12, x12

Wrist Curl - 30x15, 40x15
Reverse Wrist Curl - 10x15, x15

--------------------------------------

Cardio

AM - 45 mins incline treadmill
PM - 40 mins incline treadmill

-------------------------------------
Comments:

Nothing extra special to report today. Another great workout. Was done in about 1hr45min (that includes cardio).

NJC_Manhattan
05-28-09, 8:13 pm
Dude, I gotta see some after pics. I get the feeling you're not so much man as monster now.

TheDarkHalf
05-28-09, 8:36 pm
Dude, I gotta see some after pics. I get the feeling you're not so much man as monster now.

Sorry man no pics anytime soon. Still have a gut and love handles. Unfortunately, my genetics suck.....my body just likes to hold on to fat.

TheDarkHalf
05-28-09, 10:21 pm
I would like to report that I was checkin myself out in the mirror after my last post, and I noticed my obliques are kinda starting to pop out. They actually look like abs lol. Nothing else yet though. I'm guessing I'm going to need another 6 weeks before I'll be able to get them all to pop.

Also noticed some more separation between my front delt and side delt.

Had some veins poping out on my left bicep today, much more prominent than they have been.

So maybe you'll get those pics after all NJC, just have to wait and see.

machineman
05-28-09, 11:29 pm
awesome job, bro...I too am starting to see some more seperation in the shoulders and quads.....keep hit it hard.....

TheDarkHalf
05-28-09, 11:38 pm
awesome job, bro...I too am starting to see some more seperation in the shoulders and quads.....keep hit it hard.....

Thanks man. You can bet your ass i'm going to keep going balls to the wall.

Shoulders tomorrow and last weight training session until monday. Time to kill it.

TheDarkHalf
05-29-09, 2:32 pm
Hey Guys,

was spending some time on T-Nation earlier, and found this video. It's about a 10 minute video that goes into a proper bench press. This dude is hilarious, and he really pointed out some things that I have been doing wrong for some time now and will be working on correcting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh3t6T-nqP0&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tmuscle.com%2Ffree_online_ar ticle%2Fsports_body_training_performance%2Fdave_ta tes_sixweek_bench_press_cure&feature=player_embedded

TheDarkHalf
05-29-09, 7:51 pm
Shoulders

Military Press - 95x10, 115x10, 135x8, 135x8 (haven't done these in FOREVER)

Seated DB Press - 45x12, 50x10, 55x8, 60x8

Seated DB Lateral Raises - 15x12, x10, 20x10, x10

DB Reverse Fly - 15x12, x12, 20x12, x12

FST7 Machine Lateral Raise - 80x12 (7 sets)

Traps

DB Shrug - 85x10, 90x10, 95x10, 100x10

Smith Upright Row - 50x10, 70x10, 90x8, x8 (wasn't sure how much weight the bar adds, so this just totals plates on the side)

FST7 Smith Shrugs - 140x12 (7 sets) (same thing with the upright row, wasn't sure how much smith bar adds)

Cardio

AM - 45 mins incline treadmill
PM - 35 mins stairmill

5 mins running home.....it was pouring horribly. Flash flooding in the streets....i was soaked, my shoes were water logged, and my logbook pretty much trashed.

-------------------------------------

Comments:

Wasn't too happy with the military press, i'll hit it again next week i want to get those numbers up just a little more. Over all it was a great workout, my shoulders were looking real sick. Solid pump in both my shoulders and traps at the end of each body part.

MrMuscles22
05-29-09, 7:58 pm
Nice progress bro! How are you liking the "C"? I'm still lovin it!

TheDarkHalf
05-29-09, 8:26 pm
Nice progress bro! How are you liking the "C"? I'm still lovin it!

Thanks brother. I'm liking it a lot, makes me sweat like a mother trucker!

TheDarkHalf
05-30-09, 12:57 pm
Today consisted of 80 mins of cardio on the stairmaster. I increased to level 8 (i've been doing level 7 for awhile). After that I went straight into abs class and then went to work on my bench technique for about 10-15 mins (see video link in prior post). Did about 5 light sets and got a pretty good pump.

I took C about 15-20 mins pre cardio and then about 25 mins before the end of my cardio. Needless to say I was sweating my ass off, I was drenched. It got even worse when I went into abs class and the AC was broken! It's all good though I love an awesome sweat.

TheDarkHalf
05-31-09, 12:16 pm
Today was cardio. 90 mins incline tread mill. Weighed in at 201.5 prior to cardio. Since my weight has been hovering around 201-202 for the last 3 weigh-ins, i'm going to be dropping my fat intake slightly to get through the plateau.

hardworkE
05-31-09, 7:40 pm
This Project C log has been looking good. How many lbs have you dropped since you started cutting? Hope you took some 'before' pics so we can see all this progress.

TheDarkHalf
05-31-09, 10:12 pm
This Project C log has been looking good. How many lbs have you dropped since you started cutting? Hope you took some 'before' pics so we can see all this progress.

Unfortunately, I did not take any before pics. I never have anyone to take them! But, when I started cutting I was 228. I'm down to 201. I want to get under 200. 190 would be prime. We'll see what happens, i've got another week of C left and a few days of zero g and cuts left as well. With the right combination I can get under. Just going to take some editing of the diet and some additional cardio!

J-Dawg
06-01-09, 10:39 am
Looking good here D. I'm looking forward to this last week of Project C testing.

TheDarkHalf
06-01-09, 10:55 am
Looking good here D. I'm looking forward to this last week of Project C testing.

Whoa a visit from the big dog himself! I'm honored sir, and I too am looking forward to this last week of C testing. It's a little bitter sweet...I don't want it to end! But with that in mind, it's time to take things up another notch.

mritter3
06-01-09, 10:58 am
looking good darkhalf, ur putting in a lot of hard work.

TheDarkHalf
06-01-09, 12:44 pm
looking good darkhalf, ur putting in a lot of hard work.

Thanks man - I take everything i've got with me to the gym and leave it all there.

TheDarkHalf
06-01-09, 9:02 pm
Quads

Front Squats - 95x10, 115x10, 135x10, 155x10, 175x8

ATG Squats - 225x10, 245x10, 265x8, 275x4, 295x3

BB Hack Squats - 185x10, 225x5, x4, x3 (all held for a nice squeeze at the top)

FST7 Leg Extensions - 45x12 (7 sets)

Quad Stretch

--------------------------------

Calves

Standing Calf Raise -
210x10, x10
195x10, x10
175x10
10 raises from the floor in between each set

Seated Calf Raise -
45x10
90x10
135x10
10 raises from the floor in between each set

FST7 Rotary Calf - 150x12 (7 sets)

Calf Stretch

7:30 min warm down on bike

No cardio on leg day

pmug0000
06-01-09, 10:12 pm
3 kinds of squats in one workout is serious business, good job man

TheDarkHalf
06-01-09, 11:10 pm
3 kinds of squats in one workout is serious business, good job man

Yea man, I was really pushing the envelope today. After I did Front and ATGs, I said hell might as well do some hack squats while i'm at it. My legs are really feeling it right now and I was raining sweat the entire workout.

hardworkE
06-02-09, 9:23 am
Beastly leg workout. 3 squats THEN FST7 extensions. You must have been amped up to have that kind of energy.

TheDarkHalf
06-02-09, 9:34 am
Beastly leg workout. 3 squats THEN FST7 extensions. You must have been amped up to have that kind of energy.

I was really focused. A combination of C and myself. I am not only wanting to achieve my own goals, but reap everything that C has to offer.

I felt like weighing in this morning. 203.5. Only up 2 lbs from the cheat on sunday, which i'm pretty happy with. Shouldn't be too hard to break 201.5 by the time C is over. Ideally, i'd like to weigh in at less than 201 by then end of C as that has been my lowest weight since being on C.

Flash419
06-02-09, 10:43 am
Good work going here bro..

KEEP IT UP!

TheDarkHalf
06-02-09, 2:09 pm
Good work going here bro..

KEEP IT UP!

Thanks man I really appreciate it. Last week of C here we go!

fatbackgoal
06-02-09, 5:12 pm
Last week best week. When you have a chance would really like to get thoughts on a keto diet as I think that will be the next path I travel.

TheDarkHalf
06-02-09, 7:32 pm
Last week best week. When you have a chance would really like to get thoughts on a keto diet as I think that will be the next path I travel.

Sure thing. If you'd like, go ahead and PM me with your specific questions or you can ask them here. I definitely support a keto diet, I wouldn't be on week 14 of a keto diet otherwise =D

Back

AP Wide Grip Chins - x14, x10, x10, x8

Parallel Grip Pulldowns - L9x12, L10x11, L11x9, L12x7

Close Grip Pulldowns - forgot to count here, did as many as I could for multiple sets to failure

BB Rows - 135x10, 155x10, 175x10, 195x8

FST7 Seated Cable Row - L5x12 (3 sets), L6x12 (3 sets), L7x12

Hamstrings

DB Lunges - 50x8, 55x8, 60x6 (had to cut this short, running short on time)

Ham/Glute Raise - 62.5x10, 75x10, 82.5x10, 100x10

Seated Leg Curl - 70x12, 90x12, 110x10, 115x8

FST7 Lying Leg Curl - 60x12 (7 sets)

It was 4:45pm at this point (got to the gym at 3:45) and I still needed to do 45mins of cardio and abs class at 6. So I came home, had a shake and went back to the gym for cardio and abs. Did 45 mins of cardio in the AM as well.

TheDarkHalf
06-03-09, 9:22 pm
Chest

BB Floor Presses - 135x13, 160x10, 190x9, 225x5, 230x3, 240x2

Incline BB - 185x5, 190x4, 155x6, 135x5

HS Decline - 1px12, 1p25 x10, 2px7, 2p25x4

HS Incline - 1px12, 1p25x9, 2px5, x4

FST7 Cable Crossover - L3x12 (2 sets), L2x12 (5 sets)

---------------------

Calves

Seated Calf Raise - 125x10 (3 sets)
10 floor raises between each set

Seated Cybex Rotary Calf 250x12 (2 sets)

---------------------

Cardio

AM - 45 mins incline tread
PM - 45 mins stairmaster

----------------------

Comments: was really focusing on my benching form today. Had a nice tight feeling to my chest at the end of the workout.

My calves have gotten bigger!

Feel like this workout could have been better, i'll be making up for this tomorrow and friday as it's my last two days with C!

Firedrake
06-04-09, 7:56 pm
It seems like you, as well as everyone else, is jonesing for this stuff to actually hit the market! Great work!

TheDarkHalf
06-04-09, 8:12 pm
Bi's
DB Curls - 30x15, 35x10, 40x10, 45x8
Pinwheel Curls - 40x15, 45x10, 50x10, 55x7
BB Curls - 65x10, 70x10, 75x10, 80x10
FST7 Machine Curls - 30x12 (7 sets)

-----------------

Tri's
CGBP - 135x13, 145x10, 155x10, 165x8
BB Seated Extensions - 60x12, 70x12, 70x10, 80x8
Rope Pressdowns - L6x15, L7x12, L8x10, L9x8
FST7 Machine Extensions - 30x12 (7 sets)

-----------------

Forearms & Abs

DB Reverse Curls - 15x12 3 sets
DB Curls - 40x12 3 sets

Ab Circuit x2
Rope Crunches L6x12, L8x12, L10x8

-----------------

Cardio

AM - 45 min incline tread
PM - 45 min stairmaster (wearing hoodie)

-----------------

Comments: I feel like C hasn't been as effective the past two days. The sweats just haven't been there like they have been previously. Energy is still there without a doubt. I will say i'm going to miss being on project C. Tomorrow is my last day with C. I will weigh in saturday morning and report my final weigh in, along with my starting weight when I first began C. Looks like i'm going to have to hit it extra hard tomorrow!

widdlewade44
06-04-09, 8:48 pm
Nice arms session brother. Looking forward to seeing your final numbers, peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

TheDarkHalf
06-04-09, 9:07 pm
It seems like you, as well as everyone else, is jonesing for this stuff to actually hit the market! Great work!

Thank you sir! I would really like to try combining this with animal cuts. I think the results would be phenomenal.

Nice arms session brother. Looking forward to seeing your final numbers, peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Thanks Kevin! Glad to see your still alive, how are things?

widdlewade44
06-04-09, 9:14 pm
Thanks Kevin! Glad to see your still alive, how are things?

Last week really rough, had a nasty case of stomach flu. Haven't lifted since 21 May, but I'm getting off the canvas. Lost 18lbs in 2-3 days; I have been able to put back on 7.5lbs since Saturday.

Kevin
widdlewade44

TheDarkHalf
06-04-09, 10:58 pm
Last week really rough, had a nasty case of stomach flu. Haven't lifted since 21 May, but I'm getting off the canvas. Lost 18lbs in 2-3 days; I have been able to put back on 7.5lbs since Saturday.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Damn brother, that sounds pretty serious. Glad to hear you are feeling better! You know how to listen to your body, you'll put that weight back on in no time.

TheDarkHalf
06-05-09, 6:58 pm
Last Day with C!

Shoulders

Arnolds - 40x12, 50x10, 55x10, 60x8
Reverse Pec - 90x20, 105x15, 120x10, 135x8
Front BB Raises - 50x12, x12, 60x10, x10
FST7 HS Shoulder Press - 1pps x12 (7 sets)
FST7 DB Laterals - 15x12 (7 sets)

----------------------

Traps

BB Shrugs - 135x20, 185x20, 225x14, 275x7, 295x5, x5
Upright Rows - 70x12, x10, 80x10, x10
FST7 DB Shrugs - 85x12 (7 sets)

----------------------

Cardio

AM - 45 min incline tread
PM - 5 mins tread, 15 stair stepper, 25 stair mill

----------------------

Comments:

Well, it was certainly a great ride! Tomorrow is the final weigh in. I do not feel that I will break 201 by tomorrow morning, but we will see. Will right up a final review tomorrow or sunday when I have time.

widdlewade44
06-05-09, 7:01 pm
Nice shoulder workout. Looking forward to your review take care brother.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Firedrake
06-05-09, 7:09 pm
Great stuff -- mind you, I'm not sure but what "C" and Cuts together might be a bit much! I look forward to your report!

NJC_Manhattan
06-05-09, 7:42 pm
Damn dude, way to keep the intensity up

TheDarkHalf
06-05-09, 8:21 pm
Nice shoulder workout. Looking forward to your review take care brother.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Thanks man. Will post it up ASAP.

Great stuff -- mind you, I'm not sure but what "C" and Cuts together might be a bit much! I look forward to your report!

Thanks. You'd have to ramp into it....do cuts/C for like a week, then add one pack of the other in...once you adjust you can add in a 2nd pack of the other. So it would be more like a bridge.

Damn dude, way to keep the intensity up

Thanks man, I really pushed myself today.

pmug0000
06-05-09, 9:38 pm
Good work, I love FST-7s for shoulders. I haven't done it with the HS presses though, I might need to give that a try

TheDarkHalf
06-06-09, 12:45 pm
Good work, I love FST-7s for shoulders. I haven't done it with the HS presses though, I might need to give that a try

Thanks man. It was pretty tough there towards the end.

TheDarkHalf
06-06-09, 1:17 pm
Final Review

Starting Weight: 206.5
Ending Weight: 200.5

First and foremost, Thank You J-Dawg and the rest of you guys at Animal who made this alpha test possible. I definitely felt privileged and honored to be able to test out this product.

Weight Loss: a 6 lb loss over a 3 week period is not bad at all. That's 2lbs per week, and I feel like that's a safe weight loss. Anything over 2lbs per week at my current stage of dieting would be problematic, as I would probably be losing muscle.

Energy: Overall, the energy wasn't real intense. It was a nice smooth and controlled boost. Real low key. I mean I probably wouldn't have even noticed it if I wasn't looking for it.

Mood: Although I often feel that this is solely dependent upon having your mind right when you walk in the gym, I think that this product definitely helps you focus to a degree. I know I was definitely able to turn things up a notch with C.

Appetite: Didn't really notice any appetite suppression. However, this product did make me extremely thirsty. I usually drink 2-3 34oz containers of unsweetened iced tea while i'm at work (depending on how long i'm there); I ended up having to throw down an additional 1-2 34oz of water. That also doesn't include the increase in water that I would drink while working out, which I would have to say I increased from 32oz to 64oz.

Workouts: Workouts were great. Really intense. I feel like I would never stop sweating while on this product.

Timing: I feel like the best time to take this is 20 mins pre-workout, followed by the 2nd pack in the middle/end of your workout. I've taken one C pre-AM cardio and pre-PM cardio, and every time I felt that C worked much better both pre and intra workout.

Negative Sides: None that I can think of, just an increased thirst and lots of sweating during my workouts.

Overall Score: I'd have to say an 8/10. I would have like to have had more of a boost and wish that I would have seen more of a benefit during my sessions of cardio (in the event I took C pre-cardio). Other than that, it's a great product and I think this could be great stacked with Cuts. I think if one ramped into using both products, you'd see some real excellent results. Looking forward to seeing this product hit the market.

And as a shameless plug, i'd like to encourage those of you that followed this log to jump onto my regular scheduled journey =p

TheDarkHalf
06-08-09, 12:15 am
bump.

hardworkE
06-08-09, 1:25 pm
Great progress DH. Glad to see everything worked out for you. 6 lbs in 3 weeks is a great result!

TheDarkHalf
06-08-09, 2:11 pm
Great progress DH. Glad to see everything worked out for you. 6 lbs in 3 weeks is a great result!

Thanks man. I was pretty happy with it as well!