PDA

View Full Version : machineman takes Project C for a test ride

machineman
05-12-09, 7:52 pm
This is just the start.....I will be getting my weight (one last time) this weekend and I will post up my training split once I get it sorted....the split itself will be something that I haven't done yet. Since I have been training for strength, a switch up is needed.....getting everything dialed in this week and come Monday, this shit is on!!

Height: 6'3"
Weight: 253 (as of 6 May 2009)

I am really looking forward to this I want to thank Universal/Animal for this huge opportunity.

shizz702
05-12-09, 7:53 pm
You know I'm in!

machineman
05-12-09, 7:57 pm
You know I'm in!

thanks, bro.....glad to have you right behind me kicking me in the ass!!!!

Okay....per my mentor this is what I am going to go with for this trial.....

Monday

Legs

Leg extensions-3 sets of whatever, just to get the legs warmed up.
Squats-ramp to a top/heavy set of 5, then hit a back off of 10.
Leg curls-3x10, to hit the hamstrings.
Calf raises-2x20
Heavy abs

Wednesday

Chest/Shoulders/Tris

Incline dumbbell press-3x8
Strict press-3x5
Chest flyes-3x10
Skullcrushers-2x8
Lateral raises 2x12

Friday

Back/Biceps/

Deadlifts-ramp to a top set of 3, then a back off of 10
One arm db rows (or cable rows if you need a change)-3x8
Chins-3xf add weight when you can do 8 reps unassisted
Barbell curls-2x10
Hammer curls-2x12
Hypers-2x15

I will also be adding in cardio....most likely in the AM as long as work stays slow....when work picks up again, it will be in the evening.....20-30 minutes a day to start...

mritter3
05-13-09, 8:20 am
im down cant wait to see how this goes.

ghost
05-13-09, 8:26 am
subbed brother

wedge
05-13-09, 10:23 am
You know I'll be checking in MM.

InkdMuscle
05-13-09, 11:01 am
MM Lets go bro. Whats you get ur gift its gonna xmas in May. =D

J-Dawg
05-13-09, 11:41 am
Subbed for the ride.

TheDarkHalf
05-13-09, 12:18 pm
I'm in!

machineman
05-13-09, 12:23 pm
You know I'll be checking in MM.

MM Lets go bro. Whats you get ur gift its gonna xmas in May. =D

Subbed for the ride.

I'm in!

thanks fellas.......just getting over the last bit of this cold right now....I WILL be pulling heavy on Saturday whether this cold is gone or not! then on Monday, the new split starts as well as the dreaded cardio.....but since I haven't really done any cardio lately, I am actually looking forward to it....really looking forward to the whole cut....does that make me sick??haha

dd2inxs
05-13-09, 12:25 pm
Subbed. :)

machineman
05-13-09, 12:25 pm
Subbed. :)

thanks for the support!

MrMuscles22
05-13-09, 3:45 pm
You know I am in for this one! Ohio reppin to the fullest!

machineman
05-13-09, 4:57 pm
You know I am in for this one! Ohio reppin to the fullest!

hell ya, brother!

C.Coronato
05-13-09, 5:16 pm
Looking good man. Lets do this.

RighteousDude
05-13-09, 5:25 pm
I'm subbed - Having never done a cut before in my life but will have too at some point as I am not genetically gifted to bulk and cut at the same time, I'm definitely interested.

Peace.

DANO
05-13-09, 7:19 pm
I'll be watchin' brother!

SuperFlexSteve
05-13-09, 7:40 pm
following along as well, would of loved to be one of the chosen few.. but if project "c" kicks cuts in the ass.. We are all in for an amazing ride :). good luck bro

machineman
05-14-09, 7:07 am
I'm subbed - Having never done a cut before in my life but will have too at some point as I am not genetically gifted to bulk and cut at the same time, I'm definitely interested.

Peace.

I'll be watchin' brother!

following along as well, would of loved to be one of the chosen few.. but if project "c" kicks cuts in the ass.. We are all in for an amazing ride :). good luck bro

Looking good man. Lets do this.

thanks for all the support fellas.....one wild ride it will! I promise you that!!

machineman
05-14-09, 9:38 am
I figured I would also add that this is going to be a little birthday present to ME!! I will be rolling over another year next week.....HBD to me!! yea....I am anxiously waiting for my package.....all you ohio guys need to let me know when someone gets there.....that way I can call the mrs and bug her to see if mine came too!!

machineman
05-15-09, 4:58 pm
I got my package when I got home from work today....so this ride will start off on Monday....I am going to contact ragingmuscle this weekend to get my diet sorted....then on Monday, it will be off to the races.....I am going to take a couple pics (may not be for public consumption!!) this weekend and then when this is over, I will take a couple more...same positions and all.....The log will be updated with weight and diet on Sunday.......ya better hold on!!

DANO
05-15-09, 5:17 pm
Holding On!

GORILLA WARRIOR
05-15-09, 6:31 pm
im in brother!

machineman
05-15-09, 7:53 pm
im in brother!

thanks, bro.....

mritter3
05-15-09, 9:03 pm
cant wait for this one man.

machineman
05-15-09, 9:19 pm
cant wait for this one man.

me neither....good luck bro....

Shamus11B
05-15-09, 9:24 pm
Good luck man im subbed

-Shamus-

machineman
05-15-09, 9:24 pm
Good luck man im subbed

-Shamus-

thanks, bro......

machineman
05-16-09, 7:56 pm
I have decided to take Rage up on his offer to help those of us selected for Project C....he has set me up with the diet and routine.....definitely gonna be a huge change for me as far as routine goes from what I have been doing! Looking forward to it though.....I will post up everything tomorrow and probably a couple pics as well....I will get measurements and all that as well......

MrMuscles22
05-16-09, 8:02 pm
I have decided to take Rage up on his offer to help those of us selected for Project C....he has set me up with the diet and routine.....definitely gonna be a huge change for me as far as routine goes from what I have been doing! Looking forward to it though.....I will post up everything tomorrow and probably a couple pics as well....I will get measurements and all that as well......

Nice bro. I did the same thing! The new diet is solid and really easy for me to follow. I started the Project C today and LOVE it so far.

machineman
05-16-09, 8:05 pm
Nice bro. I did the same thing! The new diet is solid and really easy for me to follow. I started the Project C today and LOVE it so far.

I knew I couldn't go wrong with taking him up on his offer....I have so much to learn, esp in the cutting department....I got the weight gaining down!! I have learned alot as far as that goes too....I already know the tweaks I need to make come August/Sept when I go back to the powerlifting routine and diet....

machineman
05-18-09, 7:01 am
ragingmuscle has set up my diet and training.....here is day 1 so far......

Morning Cardio
30 minutes eliptical
15 mintues bike

totals -- 365 cals, distance 5.9 (I am guessing miles?)

took Project C as soon as I got up.....no jitters....felt very focused during cardio....got a real good sweat going.....this afternoon will be workout 1.....the new split will be a 4 day split....I will post the routines as I go.....

Weight -- 255.5

Shamus11B
05-18-09, 8:32 am
Hit this cutting cycle with a fury man.

TheDarkHalf
05-18-09, 10:07 am
any chances of posting up that diet?

shizz702
05-18-09, 10:13 am
Man this is going to be a sick journey! Can't wait to see you get all ripped up bro!

machineman
05-18-09, 12:19 pm
this is the workout for today...sounds like fun!!

Neck press (barbell) 3 x failure
Incline Dumbbell 2 x 12
Flat dumbbell flyes 2 x 12
Seated alternating curls 3 x 15
Standing Hammer curls 2 x 20
Machine preacher curls 1 x failure

machineman
05-18-09, 12:21 pm
Man this is going to be a sick journey! Can't wait to see you get all ripped up bro!

thanks, bro! I will probably do this for 12 weeks....then it's back to the power and strength.....can't stay away for too long!! I let myself get a little sloppy with the diet early on, so now I kinda have to start over.....but I know for next time....glad to have you along!

machineman
05-18-09, 12:22 pm
any chances of posting up that diet?

here you go, bro.....

Meal 1 8 oz top sirloin and 1 cup oatmeal
Meal 2 8 oz chicken breast (or talapia or cod) and 8 oz yam
Meal 3 8 oz chicken breast (or talapia or cod) and 1/3 cup of brown rice
Meal 4 8 oz chicken breast (or talapia or cod) and salad (dry or with oil and vinegar only)
Meal 5 8 oz chicken breast (or talapia or cod) and salad (dry or with oil and vinegar only)
Meal 6 Protein shake - 50 grams of whey protein and 5 grams of glutamine mixed in water.
Switch meal 6 to the post workout meal wherever that may fit.

C.Coronato
05-18-09, 12:32 pm
Looking good on diet and cardio. Rage knows his stuff. Keep to it, matched with the C, you will be unstoppable.

MrMuscles22
05-18-09, 12:33 pm
here you go, bro.....

Meal 1 8 oz top sirloin and 1 cup oatmeal
Meal 2 8 oz chicken breast (or talapia or cod) and 8 oz yam
Meal 3 8 oz chicken breast (or talapia or cod) and 1/3 cup of brown rice
Meal 4 8 oz chicken breast (or talapia or cod) and salad (dry or with oil and vinegar only)
Meal 5 8 oz chicken breast (or talapia or cod) and salad (dry or with oil and vinegar only)
Meal 6 Protein shake - 50 grams of whey protein and 5 grams of glutamine mixed in water.
Switch meal 6 to the post workout meal wherever that may fit.

That is the same exact diet I am following too bro! He said we can swicth the top sirloin w/ 8 whole large eggs if we want to break it up (but that's the only meal we can switch it for) and green beans are an acceptable sub for salad if we want. I have been doing 2 chicken meals and 2 tilapia meals for meals 2-5.

machineman
05-18-09, 12:37 pm
That is the same exact diet I am following too bro! He said we can swicth the top sirloin w/ 8 whole large eggs if we want to break it up (but that's the only meal we can switch it for) and green beans are an acceptable sub for salad if we want. I have been doing 2 chicken meals and 2 tilapia meals for meals 2-5.

thanks for the tips, bro....I know I will throw in some egss for sure....I have a TON of chicken in the freezer, so I won't go the fish route just yet...but I am supplementing with EFA's so I should be covered there......

machineman
05-18-09, 12:38 pm
Looking good on diet and cardio. Rage knows his stuff. Keep to it, matched with the C, you will be unstoppable.

thanks, bro...after cutting weight alone for almost 11 months, I really have the cardio down (even though I have NOT done any for quite some time). I know where my hear rate needs to be to make the most of it....as crazy as it sounds, it actually felt really good!

thanks for stopping by!

Little Z
05-18-09, 1:19 pm
hey guess what??

im here.. for the ride brother!

MrMuscles22
05-18-09, 1:23 pm
thanks for the tips, bro....I know I will throw in some egss for sure....I have a TON of chicken in the freezer, so I won't go the fish route just yet...but I am supplementing with EFA's so I should be covered there......

No prob bro! We're in this together! I take Omega once/day on top of the fish I eat. I eat both, just so I don't get sick of chicken too fast. After a few weeks of eating everyday for 4 meals/day it taste like your chewing saw dust, haha. Plus the fish goes down a lot easier and faster when i am in a hurry.

machineman
05-18-09, 1:57 pm
hey guess what??

im here.. for the ride brother!

thanks for stopping by. Z.....how you doin' lately?

machineman
05-18-09, 1:57 pm
No prob bro! We're in this together! I take Omega once/day on top of the fish I eat. I eat both, just so I don't get sick of chicken too fast. After a few weeks of eating everyday for 4 meals/day it taste like your chewing saw dust, haha. Plus the fish goes down a lot easier and faster when i am in a hurry.

yea, I can see that I may get tired of chicken real fast!!

wedge
05-18-09, 2:39 pm
Looks like you have the pieces in place. Looking forward to seeing you kick it into gear.

machineman
05-18-09, 2:53 pm
Looks like you have the pieces in place. Looking forward to seeing you kick it into gear.

there will be some kickin' this afternoon!!

Little Z
05-18-09, 4:02 pm
thanks for stopping by. Z.....how you doin' lately?

doin good bro, ready to get this started..

ive got Project C runnin through the veins right now.. and im feelin good.. real good..

machineman
05-18-09, 6:16 pm
Neck Press
warm up with bar to get feel
115 X 10
115 X 10
115 X 9

Incline DB Press
25 X 12
30 X 12
35 X 12
35 X 12
35 X 12

Flat BD Flys
25 X 12
25 X 12
25 X 12
25 X 12
25 X 12

Seated Alt. Curls
15 X 15
20 X 15
25 X 15
25 X 15
25 X 15

Standing Hammer Curls
15 X 20
15 X 20

Cable W Bar Curls (machine preacher curl machine was out of order)
20 X 30

It will take some time to get used to this routine!! It is very different that what I am used to....but I can tell that it will work wonders!!

mritter3
05-18-09, 9:01 pm
hey machineman, cannot wait to see how you progress with project c, rage hooked you up man.

TheDarkHalf
05-18-09, 9:24 pm
Hell yeah man, looking good. Diet and training are on point.

machineman
05-18-09, 10:06 pm
hey machineman, cannot wait to see how you progress with project c, rage hooked you up man.

he sure did....and there is no half asses it, bro....

Hell yeah man, looking good. Diet and training are on point.

thanks, bro.....tomorrow is leg day......uhhhhh!

machineman
05-18-09, 10:11 pm
Day one is a wrap.....My thoughts on Project C so far.....AWESOME! I have never used a cutting supp before so this is my first go round. I haven't worked with anyone either so that I why I took rage up on his offer. I can tell that this routine and diet will work well for me. I can also tell a big difference in my focus during training with Project C. This mornings cardio was spot on....kept the heart rate right where I wanted to. Hit a little metal wall with about 12 minutes to go on the eliptical. But got through that no sweat and moved on the bike. This afternoons workout I felt was great....I really enjoyed it and the focus was most definitely there....I will weight myself every Monday morning. So we will see where this takes me in a week. I will most likely be out of town for the holiday weekend, but I will be taking my own food. I will also have a treadmill at my disposal, so I will at least get my cardio in on Monday morning. So far, no adverse side affects from Project C.

DANO
05-19-09, 11:54 am
You need to get some pics in....before and after deal, pre- and post-panda if you will. *grin*

machineman
05-19-09, 12:35 pm
You need to get some pics in....before and after deal, pre- and post-panda if you will. *grin*

took some pics last night and sent them to rage....trust me, NOT pretty! I will be taking some post as well....then you will get to see them....but not until then.....

machineman
05-19-09, 12:36 pm
warmup bike for 5 minutes

Leg Press (different YMCA so I had to use a Paramount leg press machine)
40 X 50
40 X 50
40 X 50

Squats (zercher, smith was taken)
135 X 10 X 2 (too heavy)
95 X 20
95 X 20

Leg Extension (started out too heavy)
85 X 20
70 X 20
55 X 20

Leg Curl (had to do seated vs lying)
70 X 12
70 X 12
70 X 12

Lunges (bodyweight)
BW X 12
BW X 12

firsthorseman97
05-19-09, 12:39 pm
I can see 'Rage' written all over that workout! Great leg day, Bob!

machineman
05-19-09, 12:42 pm
I can see 'Rage' written all over that workout! Great leg day, Bob!

already feeling it....and I have a lot of things to do today...sitting in the waiting room for the twins therapy this afternoon ought to be REAL fun!!

ghost
05-19-09, 1:20 pm
Day one is a wrap.....My thoughts on Project C so far.....AWESOME! I have never used a cutting supp before so this is my first go round. I haven't worked with anyone either so that I why I took rage up on his offer. I can tell that this routine and diet will work well for me. I can also tell a big difference in my focus during training with Project C. This mornings cardio was spot on....kept the heart rate right where I wanted to. Hit a little metal wall with about 12 minutes to go on the eliptical. But got through that no sweat and moved on the bike. This afternoons workout I felt was great....I really enjoyed it and the focus was most definitely there....I will weight myself every Monday morning. So we will see where this takes me in a week. I will most likely be out of town for the holiday weekend, but I will be taking my own food. I will also have a treadmill at my disposal, so I will at least get my cardio in on Monday morning. So far, no adverse side affects from Project C.

Rage is SOLID. that man knows his shit and is one of the best in the business. You truly are lucky brother.

machineman
05-19-09, 1:25 pm
Rage is SOLID. that man knows his shit and is one of the best in the business. You truly are lucky brother.

yes I am.....he offered and I knew I couldn't go wrong....just got to buckle down and get the work done....will end up better for it for sure!

ghost
05-19-09, 1:26 pm
the past 2 Arnolds, i have worked side by side with Rage... and he is the most genuine Nice guy you could meet

machineman
05-19-09, 1:28 pm
the past 2 Arnolds, i have worked side by side with Rage... and he is the most genuine Nice guy you could meet

I will make it a point to meet him next year so I can thank him properly....

mritter3
05-19-09, 1:33 pm
hey man, so far so good, workouts are looking good, and the diet looks spot on....good stuff machineman.

machineman
05-19-09, 1:38 pm
hey man, so far so good, workouts are looking good, and the diet looks spot on....good stuff machineman.

thanks for the support, Matt....much appreciated...

Little Z
05-19-09, 3:26 pm
solid leg workout bro.. dont out do me on this thing.. hahhaa

machineman
05-19-09, 4:30 pm
solid leg workout bro.. dont out do me on this thing.. hahhaa

haha....don't know if that is possible!

DANO
05-19-09, 6:29 pm
Are you going to put up before and after pics?

machineman
05-19-09, 9:10 pm
Are you going to put up before and after pics?

I will but it will be after....I will post a before pic and an after pic.....

InkdMuscle
05-20-09, 2:00 pm
ragingmuscle has set up my diet and training.....here is day 1 so far......

Morning Cardio
30 minutes eliptical
15 mintues bike

totals -- 365 cals, distance 5.9 (I am guessing miles?)

took Project C as soon as I got up.....no jitters....felt very focused during cardio....got a real good sweat going.....this afternoon will be workout 1.....the new split will be a 4 day split....I will post the routines as I go.....

Weight -- 255.5

just wait. Rage is the da man when it comes to diet/training. u love the man and u will wanna rip his head off when he takes all ur carbs. but yet when u look like a god u will love him again. its a viscous cycle. =D.

machineman
05-20-09, 3:10 pm
just wait. Rage is the da man when it comes to diet/training. u love the man and u will wanna rip his head off when he takes all ur carbs. but yet when u look like a god u will love him again. its a viscous cycle. =D.

thanks bro! I have a ton of work to do before I will look like a god!!!! maybe a sexy panda!

mritter3
05-20-09, 3:13 pm
thanks bro! I have a ton of work to do before I will look like a god!!!! maybe a sexy panda!

lol, good stuff....how is the cardio treating ya?

machineman
05-20-09, 3:14 pm
meant to put this up last night......

Day 2 -- Project C

I am following the plan rage sent me to a T.....no cardio because it was leg day.....man, I feel like a wuss! but then again, this is completely different that what I have been doing for the past 6 months.....focus was on point yesterday.....took a 30 minute power nap in the evening....helped the mrs with dinner (for her and the kids).....went out and cut the grass (usually takes 45 minutes but got it done in 30!!!) ....had energy to spare, so the kids (all 3 of them) got baths last night.....definitely have more energy but still no jitters....even when taking 1st pack on an emtpt stomach......so far so good.....to me, the real signs will show on Tuesday when I weigh in.....

machineman
05-20-09, 3:14 pm
lol, good stuff....how is the cardio treating ya?

not bad, bro.....not bad....

machineman
05-20-09, 3:17 pm
the workouts are kicking my ass though! I am sore as hell today....chest is tight and on fire....I know the legs will be the same way tomorrow....

Dingo
05-20-09, 3:42 pm
im new to this fatherhood gig. any pointers? haha
I'm havin trouble nailin down the housework with just one rugrat, cant imagine 3. My hats off to you.

C.Coronato
05-20-09, 4:28 pm
Looking good brother man. Keep it up.

machineman
05-20-09, 8:59 pm
im new to this fatherhood gig. any pointers? haha
I'm havin trouble nailin down the housework with just one rugrat, cant imagine 3. My hats off to you.

haha!! once you think you got it nailed down, the rules change! just messin'!lol......just working my ass off to give UN/Animal the best info I can......thanks for the support, bro...

machineman
05-20-09, 9:00 pm
Looking good brother man. Keep it up.

thanks, ttl.....just gotta give 100%....I can't go and ask rage for his advise then half ass it, ya know.....don't want to waste the mans time.....

TheDarkHalf
05-20-09, 9:46 pm
Let see some of those workout numbers! you keepin a log?

machineman
05-21-09, 6:30 am
Let see some of those workout numbers! you keepin a log?

no workout yesterday.....off day with just cardio...I am not really logging the cardio, just sending the info to rage....will have a workout to post tonight, though!!

TheDarkHalf
05-21-09, 8:34 am
no workout yesterday.....off day with just cardio...I am not really logging the cardio, just sending the info to rage....will have a workout to post tonight, though!!

Cool. Try playing around with your second dose of C. I've found that taking pre, intraWO almost works better than taking it pre-cardio

machineman
05-21-09, 10:06 am
Cool. Try playing around with your second dose of C. I've found that taking pre, intraWO almost works better than taking it pre-cardio

that is what I am going to do for this afternoons workout....maybe take it right after warm-up and see how things go....will let you know how it goes!!

machineman
05-21-09, 8:42 pm
Bent over rows
135 X 15
135 X 15
135 X 15

Close grip pull ups (bodyweight)
BW X 4
BW X 4
BW X 4

Straight Arm pull downs
50 X 15
70 X 15 (need to drop to 60 next time)

Standing Dumbbell shrugs
20 X 50
30 X 50
40 X 50

Reverse Flyes (pec dec)
30 X 15
40 X 15
50 X 15

workout took about 40 minutes.....took dose 2 right after warming up.....intensity was WAY up....focus was dialed in to the max.....the only sets I took a bit of a breather on was the standing db shrugs.....those were killer!

mritter3
05-21-09, 9:59 pm
Bent over rows
135 X 15
135 X 15
135 X 15

Close grip pull ups (bodyweight)
BW X 4
BW X 4
BW X 4

Straight Arm pull downs
50 X 15
70 X 15 (need to drop to 60 next time)

Standing Dumbbell shrugs
20 X 50
30 X 50
40 X 50

Reverse Flyes (pec dec)
30 X 15
40 X 15
50 X 15

workout took about 40 minutes.....took dose 2 right after warming up.....intensity was WAY up....focus was dialed in to the max.....the only sets I took a bit of a breather on was the standing db shrugs.....those were killer!

looking good machine, hows the diet coming along.

TheDarkHalf
05-21-09, 10:41 pm

Glad to hear that worked out well!

machineman
05-22-09, 7:32 am
Yesterday was Day 4 in the books.....So far, I am loving Project C.....definitely feeling more energy after taking C.....not an instant rush but a very nice rise if you will.....took yesterdays packs 1 before AM cardio and the second after warming up at the gym.....focus was on point in a big way.....I just methodically worked through the program and next thing I know, I was done....about 40 minutes start to finish.....I am definitely feeling leaner....the scale will tell the tale on Tuesday morning at the 1 week weight in.....Still no jitters with this product....so all in all, I would rate it A+ to this point.....

machineman
05-22-09, 7:34 am
Matt.....diet is on point.....following rage's plan to a T.....can't wait to see the comp pics from where I started to week 3.....then I will take some more pics at week 11 or 12.....

mritter3
05-22-09, 11:33 am
Matt.....diet is on point.....following rage's plan to a T.....can't wait to see the comp pics from where I started to week 3.....then I will take some more pics at week 11 or 12.....

sounds good man, looking forward to seeing your progress, def. putting in the work here.....is 2500 posts considered gladius??? keep up the solid training.

machineman
05-22-09, 11:54 am
thanks, bro.....your training looks solid too.....can't wait to see how you do with the diet tweaks as well.....

I woke up this morning to do my AM cardio and was tired and sore....I figured that some extra rest would do me some good so I hit the rack for another 2 hours of sleep....worked wonders....felt much better when I got up.....will hit the gym after work and will do my cardio PW today....it's good to change it up once in awhile!!

Preston
05-22-09, 11:59 am
Looking solid machineman, great workouts.

machineman
05-22-09, 12:01 pm
Looking solid machineman, great workouts.

thanks, preston.....getting used to the new routine.....another week and it will be even better!

Preston
05-22-09, 12:02 pm
thanks, preston.....getting used to the new routine.....another week and it will be even better!

Yup you got this shit bro, you're making it look easy. Definitely have your head in the right direction. Keep going, GET SHREDDED!

machineman
05-22-09, 12:04 pm
Yup you got this shit bro, you're making it look easy. Definitely have your head in the right direction. Keep going, GET SHREDDED!

haha....it may look easy but it is a 180* turn from what I was doing the past 6 months! I am giving this 100% effort....I really am anxious to see the results in 11 weeks time....

Preston
05-22-09, 12:06 pm
haha....it may look easy but it is a 180* turn from what I was doing the past 6 months! I am giving this 100% effort....I really am anxious to see the results in 11 weeks time....

This shit isn't supposed to last 11 weeks is it? lol

machineman
05-22-09, 12:11 pm
This shit isn't supposed to last 11 weeks is it? lol

no, it is 3 weeks of the project....but I need to trim up after taking a few too many liberties with my bulk cycle! so 11 weeks will take me into August....just in time to take a week off and get back into a bulk cycle but much cleaner this time around.....I still have an appointment with a 450 deadlift.....

Shamus11B
05-22-09, 6:03 pm
That 450 Deadlift will be yours in no time man!
-Shamus-

machineman
05-22-09, 7:01 pm
Warm up

Seated DB Press
30 X 15
45 X 15
40 X 15

Standing DB Front Laterals
20 X 15
20 X 15

DB Seated Side Laterals
15 X 15
15 X 15
15 X 15

(Pack 2 of Project C....pack 1 was at 12:15)

Close Grip Bench
135 X 8
155 X 8
175 X 8

DB Kickbacks
25 X 15
35 X 15

Cable Press Downs
80 X 35f

Cardio:
Treadmill -- 45 minutes -- 267 cals

total workout time was 1 hour 30 minutes...good workout....tris were very pumped by the end....felt good to move some heavier weight on the CGBP!!...lovin Project C so far.....really got a sweat going on the treadmill....was soaked by the time I was done.....Cardio tomorrow, Sunday and Monday.....AM cardio on Tuesday then my 2nd weigh in while on C......

Preston
05-22-09, 7:26 pm
Warm up

Seated DB Press
30 X 15
45 X 15
40 X 15

Standing DB Front Laterals
20 X 15
20 X 15

DB Seated Side Laterals
15 X 15
15 X 15
15 X 15

(Pack 2 of Project C....pack 1 was at 12:15)

Close Grip Bench
135 X 8
155 X 8
175 X 8

DB Kickbacks
25 X 15
35 X 15

Cable Press Downs
80 X 35f

Cardio:
Treadmill -- 45 minutes -- 267 cals

total workout time was 1 hour 30 minutes...good workout....tris were very pumped by the end....felt good to move some heavier weight on the CGBP!!...lovin Project C so far.....really got a sweat going on the treadmill....was soaked by the time I was done.....Cardio tomorrow, Sunday and Monday.....AM cardio on Tuesday then my 2nd weigh in while on C......

Awesome workout my man, very solid! Don't forget to always switch up your cardiovascular machines that you're using or else your body will adapt to the torture ;)

machineman
05-22-09, 7:48 pm
Awesome workout my man, very solid! Don't forget to always switch up your cardiovascular machines that you're using or else your body will adapt to the torture ;)

very true.....I usually split it up 30/15 between two different pieces of equipment....I was just in a groove on the tready today, so I went after it!

Little Z
05-22-09, 7:53 pm
Lookin solid brother..

machineman
05-22-09, 7:54 pm
Lookin solid brother..

thanks, Z.....how is C treatin' you?

Preston
05-22-09, 7:55 pm
very true.....I usually split it up 30/15 between two different pieces of equipment....I was just in a groove on the tready today, so I went after it!

I mean...treadmills are cool and all, but I prefer a challenge. Hence why I rock the cross training elliptical. That bitch will put you on your ass in 30 minutes...and EASILY knock out 500+ calories. Talk about a burn.

Of course, that's if you want to possibly sacrifice the chance of eating some muscle in your workout...hahaha oh boy...who gives a fuck man, 500+ calories is amazing.

machineman
05-22-09, 7:56 pm
I mean...treadmills are cool and all, but I prefer a challenge. Hence why I rock the cross training elliptical. That bitch will put you on your ass in 30 minutes...and EASILY knock out 500+ calories. Talk about a burn.

if we had one of those, I would rock it too! all we have are regular elipticals, stair steppers, bikes and treadmills....but it is getting the job done! you will see!!!!

Preston
05-22-09, 7:58 pm
if we had one of those, I would rock it too! all we have are regular elipticals, stair steppers, bikes and treadmills....but it is getting the job done! you will see!!!!

I'm excited bro...I'm so excited. After I get off this Project C stuff it's back onto Cuts. lol This doesn't ever stop for me, but uh...I'm wondering what dirty things I have to do to which person to get more cans of this shit... :-P HAHA!

machineman
05-22-09, 8:00 pm
I'm excited bro...I'm so excited. After I get off this Project C stuff it's back onto Cuts. lol This doesn't ever stop for me, but uh...I'm wondering what dirty things I have to do to which person to get more cans of this shit... :-P HAHA!

I haven't grappled (Japenese Combat Jujitsu) in a while.....so I am ready to find SOMEONE to play with!! if you find em, let me know!!!

Preston
05-22-09, 8:02 pm
I haven't grappled (Japenese Combat Jujitsu) in a while.....so I am ready to find SOMEONE to play with!! if you find em, let me know!!!

LOL! I actually know a guy who could use a good beating that goes to my gym. I wouldn't mind seeing him getting tore up. I'll send him your way.

Little Z
05-22-09, 9:01 pm
thanks, Z.....how is C treatin' you?

treatin me like a beauty queen brother.. imma change my name to Miss America after this cut! hahaha

Little Z
05-22-09, 9:03 pm

you need to take a trip down to my gym.. we have cage fights May 30th..

former world champion Scott Sheeley is the owner.. i can get you some ring time ;)

shizz702
05-22-09, 9:43 pm
Keep getting it done Bob!

machineman
05-23-09, 12:17 pm
Keep getting it done Bob!

thanks, shizz....feels good to trim up some.....but I still miss moving the heavy shit...

machineman
05-23-09, 12:20 pm
treatin me like a beauty queen brother.. imma change my name to Miss America after this cut! hahaha

you need to take a trip down to my gym.. we have cage fights May 30th..

former world champion Scott Sheeley is the owner.. i can get you some ring time ;)

haha...I don't think anyone will mistake you for miss america!!! May 30th, huh? I have a place to train here, just not much time....I guess I could go out on Wenesday and or Saturdays since those are cardio only days......let me see what I have going on...I will call you....

InkdMuscle
05-23-09, 12:56 pm
What the heck bob u didnt tell me u need ring time LOL =D. N Little ol Z is gonna get u it. Hey what about ur brother in Cali. If i was closer to ohio I would b in like sin.

Looks like "C" is work'n for ya. Keep it up bro.

machineman
05-23-09, 3:31 pm
What the heck bob u didnt tell me u need ring time LOL =D. N Little ol Z is gonna get u it. Hey what about ur brother in Cali. If i was closer to ohio I would b in like sin.

Looks like "C" is work'n for ya. Keep it up bro.

thanks, bro.....I need the ring time, just have to find the time for it!!

Little Z
05-23-09, 4:24 pm
You guys know my home is your home.. you ever make it close to Logan County, you better give ol Z a call..

yeah we normally have fights every few months, and this is our first set of Cage Fights.. this is my buddies last Amateur fight, he's goin Pro..

Rich Franklin comes in and trains, hasnt been up here in awhile though..

just let me know..

mritter3
05-23-09, 5:42 pm
looking good in here bob, i can see your enjoying the ride with project C, me too, i too miss moving the heavy weights, but im liking the direction that my body is going.

Little Z
05-23-09, 6:05 pm
looking good in here bob, i can see your enjoying the ride with project C, me too, i too miss moving the heavy weights, but im liking the direction that my body is going.

i have to agree with you here bro..

my love is power lifting, moving heavy weight, and with the way im feeling and the way things are going.. im lovin this as well..

machineman
05-26-09, 5:50 am
alright....back after a couple days away....got my cardio in and diet was good.....just got to the shop after AM cardio.....I tried out a different machine today.....the Y got a new Precor AMT so I had to check it out.....that thing kicks ass.....will be staying on this for awhile.....45 minutes and burned 475 cals......

Oh....yeah, the weigh in.....

Start: 255.5
Week 1: 250.4 (-5.1)

Shamus11B
05-26-09, 5:58 am
Damn 5 lbs in a week, nice work MM. Keep up the good work Bob.
-Shamus-

machineman
05-26-09, 6:00 am
-Shamus-

thanks, bro.....

Shamus11B
05-26-09, 6:04 am
Have you noticed any visible results yet? I cant wait to see the before and after pictures of this, I know your giving it a great log.
-Shamus-

machineman
05-26-09, 6:28 am
Have you noticed any visible results yet? I cant wait to see the before and after pictures of this, I know your giving it a great log.
-Shamus-

haha...you will have to wait for that!

wedge
05-26-09, 11:11 am
alright....back after a couple days away....got my cardio in and diet was good.....just got to the shop after AM cardio.....I tried out a different machine today.....the Y got a new Precor AMT so I had to check it out.....that thing kicks ass.....will be staying on this for awhile.....45 minutes and burned 475 cals......

Keep up the good work MM.

mritter3
05-26-09, 12:19 pm
lost 5 lbs in a week, not too bad mm, keep it up.

Little Z
05-26-09, 2:45 pm

nice work bro! keep it up!

machineman
05-26-09, 8:15 pm
Week 2

Warm up

Incline BB Bench
bar X 12
95 X 12
115 X 12
135 X 12

Flat DB Bench
40 X 12
50 X 12
60 X 12

BW Dips (failure)
** the handles at this particular Y are very close together and it really bothers my shoulders....the dip station at the other Y has wider handles that I feel much more comfortable on....but they don't have a BB incline bench....

Cambered Bar reverse curl
bar + 20 X 15
bar + 30 X 15
bar + 40 X 15

Double arm DB curl
20 X 15
25 X 15

Cable Curl (straight bar to failure)
50 X 20
50 X 23

took pack 2 as I got to the gym.....felt it start kicking in during the BB incline bench warmup with the bar....got focused and blew through this workout in 45 minutes......I am going to talk to rage and see what I should sub the dips for....maybe just do them on the bench with my heels on the ground....pump in the bi's was good....chest was pumped but not too much....all in all another good workout with great focus.....

TheDarkHalf
05-26-09, 11:08 pm
You can switch them out for any other decline motion. Decline BB would work.

Dingo
05-27-09, 10:39 am
dips sub - you could also try weighted bench dips, put to benches parallel to one another
your heels on the edge of one, your ass/palms on the edge of the other toss a couple 45 pies on your lap and away you go.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DbjSnGcU0A wish the guy in the vid would stfu though lol

machineman
05-27-09, 6:22 pm
Warmup
treadmill 5 minutes
leg ext 55 X 10, 70 X 10, 85 X 10

Front Squats
115 X 15
135 X 15
155 X 15

Single Leg Press
50 X 20 (rt, lft, rt, lft....no rest)
60 X 20 (rt, lft, rt, lft.....no rest)

Leg Ext
85 X 15
100 X 15

took C right after treadmill and 1 set of ext warmups.....the gym was pretty warm and by the time I got to the front squats, I was freakin soaked....intensity was way high....workout took 40 minutes....total.....and I also walked for 5 minutes after to loosen the quads a little....and they are already paying the price!!

GORILLA WARRIOR
05-27-09, 8:10 pm
-Shamus-

wow ..i second that .. 5 pounds in a week eh?? awesome

Flash419
05-27-09, 8:16 pm
Solid work here... 5 pound loss is great!

KEEP IT GOING!

shizz702
05-27-09, 8:30 pm
Solid work as usual Bob, glad to see the weight stripping off so quick!

If the dips are bothering you maybe you should just sub them in for some kind of tricep isolation exercise. I wouldn't do bench dips as I've read it's very hard on the shoulders.

Honestly I think maybe you should just stick with the regular dips for a bit and see if they work out for you as they are a great exercise and I know they have really worked well for me.

machineman
05-28-09, 9:55 am
Solid work as usual Bob, glad to see the weight stripping off so quick!

If the dips are bothering you maybe you should just sub them in for some kind of tricep isolation exercise. I wouldn't do bench dips as I've read it's very hard on the shoulders.

Honestly I think maybe you should just stick with the regular dips for a bit and see if they work out for you as they are a great exercise and I know they have really worked well for me.

thanks, shizz....it is just a matter of the handles being too close....the other Y I train at, the grips are a bit wider and I had no problem knocking out 10 at BW then another 10 with +25....when I train at this Y, I will do decline bb bench....If I train at the other Y with the wider handles, I will continue to do the dips.....

TheDarkHalf
05-28-09, 10:01 am
Solid leg workout - are you aiming for any specific amount of weight loss?

machineman
05-28-09, 12:01 pm
Solid leg workout - are you aiming for any specific amount of weight loss?

I plan on running the cut for 11-12 weeks....or 25-30 pounds...which ever comes first!! That would put me around 225-230....then start a clean bulk and hit it hard and heavy til the Arnold....got some goals to meet before then!

machineman
05-28-09, 11:20 pm
I am quickly learning that Cardio the day after leg day is always gonna suck...but I have ALL my brothers (and sisters) here to thank for getting me through today...it was hard but I got it done...

Tonights Cardio

Eliptical: 15 minutes -- 180 cals

Treadmill: 30 minutes -- 335 cals

Total: 515 cals

C was running REAL good again tonight....shirt was so soaked, I had to take it off for the drive home!! I downed about 64 ounces of water during the cardio...it seems that the more water you take in, the better this product works.....I can't wait to get my hands on some more of this!!!! GREAT product so far.....

BigBlueBear
05-29-09, 1:02 am
I'm feeling you on the sweat there man. Luckily I train in my buddies garage so I can strip down to what I need, but I'm still leaking from every pore.

Lookin solid so far man. Keep it up.

Shamus11B
05-29-09, 2:09 am
You just stripped down because you wanted to show off Bob. Nah glad its working out for you, when is the next weight update in like 5 or 6 days?
-Shamus-

machineman
05-29-09, 6:53 am
I'm feeling you on the sweat there man. Luckily I train in my buddies garage so I can strip down to what I need, but I'm still leaking from every pore.

Lookin solid so far man. Keep it up.

You just stripped down because you wanted to show off Bob. Nah glad its working out for you, when is the next weight update in like 5 or 6 days?
-Shamus-

thanks, fellas.....haha, shamus! I don't look that good yet! My next weight update will be Monday morning....I will update the weight every Monday, the excpetion was last week with the holiday....looking for another 5 pound loss as least....

TheDarkHalf
05-29-09, 8:15 am
I am quickly learning that Cardio the day after leg day is always gonna suck...but I have ALL my brothers (and sisters) here to thank for getting me through today...it was hard but I got it done...

That it does my friend, that it does.....

machineman
05-29-09, 9:40 pm
Warm Up
various stretches

Alt DB Row
50 X 15
55 X 15
60 X 15
65 X 15
65 X 15

V Bar Pulldown
60 X 20
80 X 16
100 X 15

DB Pullovers
20 X 15
30 X 15
40 X 15
50 X 15
50 X 15

BB Shrugs
135 X 20
155 X 20
175 X 20

DB Reverse Flyes
20 X 15
20 X 15
15 X 15
15 X 15

ghost
05-29-09, 11:46 pm
Killing it brother, keep it up Bob!

machineman
06-01-09, 7:01 am
Weight: 246
Down: 4.4
Total lost: -9.5

Last minute family things to deal with screwed up the weekend.....diet was good, cardio consisted of walking outdoors...will get back on the grind today.....feeling leaner, looking leaner.....lovin C so far.....

J-Dawg
06-01-09, 10:36 am
Wow down 9.5 already? Keep it up.

TheDarkHalf
06-01-09, 10:57 am
Warm Up
various stretches

Alt DB Row
50 X 15
55 X 15
60 X 15
65 X 15
65 X 15

V Bar Pulldown
60 X 20
80 X 16
100 X 15

DB Pullovers
20 X 15
30 X 15
40 X 15
50 X 15
50 X 15

BB Shrugs
135 X 20
155 X 20
175 X 20

DB Reverse Flyes
20 X 15
20 X 15
15 X 15
15 X 15

Very consistent volume man. Great work.

mritter3
06-01-09, 10:59 am
looking good mac, great work thus far.

machineman
06-01-09, 12:01 pm
Wow down 9.5 already? Keep it up.

thanks, J....

Very consistent volume man. Great work.

thanks...looking for more this week....being the last week....

looking good mac, great work thus far.

thanks, Matt....really going to step it up another notch this week...see how I do..

DANO
06-01-09, 12:30 pm
thanks, Matt....really going to step it up another notch this week...see how I do..

STEP IT UP!? what x20!! hahaha nearly 10lbs in two weeks is amazing, and I know with Universal/Animal stuff it means you are loosing the "bad" weight great job MM

machineman
06-01-09, 12:35 pm
STEP IT UP!? what x20!! hahaha nearly 10lbs in two weeks is amazing, and I know with Universal/Animal stuff it means you are loosing the "bad" weight great job MM

haha..intensity and volume will be going up....looking for a minimum of 5 pounds this week....this project C is some serious stuff, bro...can't wait for it to hit the market.....

machineman
06-01-09, 10:20 pm
Neck Press
Bar X 20
95 X 15
115 X 10
115 X 8

Incline DB Press
20 X 12
25 X 12
30 X 12 (first 3 with no rest except to get the next weight)
35 X 12
40 X 12

Flat DB Flys
25 X 12
30 X 12
35 X 12 (some shoulder pain here)
20 X 18

Seated Alt Curls
15 X 15
20 X 15
25 X 15
30 X 15
35 X 8

Standing Hammer Curls
15 X 20
20 X 20
25 X 20

Machine Preacher Curls (immediately following last set of hammers)
40 X 16 (2 second hold at top)

Cardio
Treadmill 45 minutes....varied the incline from starting at 11 dropping every 5 minutes or so until I hit 6.....290 cals and a little over 2 miles.....pace wasn't real fast, kept the heart rate between 120-130.....completely soaked after this......workout time was about 1:30...

wedge
06-01-09, 10:41 pm
thanks...looking for more this week....being the last week....

Three week trial?

machineman
06-02-09, 7:32 am
Three week trial?

yup.....and this is the home stretch....2 weeks down, 1 to go....time to stoke the fire up a bit!!

ghost
06-02-09, 9:14 am
BOB!!!! Keep killing it brother.

Dingo
06-02-09, 1:55 pm
yup.....and this is the home stretch....2 weeks down, 1 to go....time to stoke the fire up a bit!!

i had the same thought, to push myself a little bit harder this week, hell instead of a little push, time to grab the puke buckets lol

machineman
06-02-09, 5:31 pm
Leg Press
1 pps X 50
1 pps X 50
1 pps +25 X 50

Squat (box to parallel, touch and go)
135 X 20
185 X 20
185 X 20 (just about lost it here....but wasn't going to waste a pack of C:) )

Leg Ext
60 X 15
70 X 15
80 X 15

Lying Leg Curl
40 X 12
50 X 12

BW Lunges
2 X 12

pretty happy with this workout...weights are up from last time....focus was incredible as always with C....sweat like a maniac too....work done in 40 minutes.....and at times I felt I was resting too long!!!!

TheDarkHalf
06-02-09, 7:33 pm
Good stuff man keep on killing it - C is almost over!

machineman
06-03-09, 9:14 am
Good stuff man keep on killing it - C is almost over!

thanks, bro.....yes it is almost over....and I am sad!!

DANO
06-03-09, 12:37 pm
thanks, bro.....yes it is almost over....and I am sad!!

I'll bet walking today brings a tear to your eye also! haha

machineman
06-03-09, 4:20 pm
I'll bet walking today brings a tear to your eye also! haha

walking is okay....it is the standing up and sitting down!

machineman
06-08-09, 11:56 am
well, it is over....and it did not end the way I wanted it to...2 days last week I had a headache from hell that wouldn't go away....then Friday evening I get called out of town at the last minute for a family emergency.....so all in all, it ended up being a shitty week....i kept the weight the same....246.....but I am definitely leaner and look better....I will write up my final thoughts tonight.....

wedge
06-08-09, 12:49 pm
well, it is over....and it did not end the way I wanted it to...2 days last week I had a headache from hell that wouldn't go away....then Friday evening I get called out of town at the last minute for a family emergency.....so all in all, it ended up being a shitty week....i kept the weight the same....246.....but I am definitely leaner and look better....I will write up my final thoughts tonight.....

Look forward to the final thoughts. Stinks it didn't end as expected. Hope everything's all right now at least.