PDA

View Full Version : cardio and/or sauna?

EBO13
05-13-09, 3:28 pm
im not necessirly on a cut. just trying to keep my size and drop a few body fat % over the next month or 2 and i was curious what would be better to do. 20 mins of cardio? 20 mins in the sauna? 10 mins of cardio then 10 in the sauna? im tryin to drop the little bit of stomach fat i have... what do yall think? i plan on doin either of those 3 to 4 times a week

GJN5002
05-13-09, 4:13 pm
sauna will be mostly water weight whereas cardio burns calories. that said i love the sauna (minus naked old dudes.) Maybe 3 days cardio 1 day sauna or 5 min sauna pre workout and 15 min cardio post.

TigerAce01
05-13-09, 4:21 pm
Yeah, the sauna won't do anything for you but cut waterweight. Stick to cardio. The only thing I like the sauna for is relaxing.

-Ace

sanga
05-13-09, 4:45 pm
Agreed, cardio and diet is the way to go, the sauna is good to relax and good for cleansing your skin after a shower, thing is after the sauna you need another shower but its refreshing I`ve found.

K Stro24
05-13-09, 7:11 pm
i love the sauna (minus naked old dudes.)

x2

Littlefry
05-13-09, 7:19 pm
I usually do 20mins of cardio followed directly by 12-15mins in the sauna. That way when I reach the sauna Im already sweating like mad and my core temp is up, so when I hit the sauna I feel that Im loosing water weight plus still burning a little but of excess calories.

arab910
05-13-09, 9:35 pm
the sauna is also unbelievable for loosening up those muscles for 5:30 a.m. workouts, or really any workouts where you're a little stiff. the heat warms everything up well

loligagger
05-14-09, 1:08 am
you will lose only water weight in a sauna. this will lower your body fat percentage, but thats just because water is one of the things that counts as lean mass(the others being muscles, bones, organs etc). cardio=burning fat. sauna= losing water

also losing calories DOES NOT EQUAL sweating. a good work out doesnt equal a good sweat. running a mile in a sweat suit and running it naked will lose the same amount of CALORIES.