PDA

View Full Version : Whey powders

t_mh
05-13-09, 5:39 pm
I know a lot of guys here like Universal's Ultra Whey Pro. I'm currently taking another whey protein which has slightly more protein per scoop (I'm assuming I can't say the name due to forum rules) at about the same price. Is there a reason guys don't just go for the most protein per scoop? Is there something that makes ultra whey stand out?

I'm about to buy a new tub so help is appreciated. Thanks.

GJN5002
05-13-09, 6:11 pm
higher protein percent per gram = more protein per scoop= higher price but it could also be that the scooper is bigger in the other brand

look at the scoop size and compare the amount of protein to the scoop size to figure out how much protein you are getting. If universal comes out on top get it, if not do whatvever your wallet affords yo to do.

Nix0r
05-13-09, 6:51 pm
Also look into the full ingredient list of the protein. Some companies like to throw in creatine, more glutamine/aminos, etc, so they can jack up the price a bit more.

Aggression
05-16-09, 3:39 pm
Also look into the full ingredient list of the protein. Some companies like to throw in creatine, more glutamine/aminos, etc, so they can jack up the price a bit more.

Truth

Some products are purely protein, while others have some extra goodies in them. I only use Torrent, and occasionally I'll use Milk&Egg Protein, both because of the entire ingredient profile.

Wasteland
05-21-09, 12:37 pm
higher protein percent per gram = more protein per scoop= higher price but it could also be that the scooper is bigger in the other brand

look at the scoop size and compare the amount of protein to the scoop size to figure out how much protein you are getting. If universal comes out on top get it, if not do whatvever your wallet affords yo to do.

Excellent point gjn5002. The serving sizes/scoops will vary from product to product, brand to brand. Going strictly by this number is not a good way to compare. If it truly matters, you have to calculate the % protein per serving size.

Ultimately, I don't think an extra .5 - 1g of protein per "scoop" matters. For me, what matters most are the intangibles like quality, taste and mixability.