PDA

View Full Version : Central VA Animals

Refuge
05-13-09, 6:13 pm
Fellas.

The time has come. There are two ABC's in VA already. One up in the DC area, and one out by Kentucky. But what about those in the Central VA area? I know for me, its sucks cuz either way is a 4 hour commute to hit up one of the ABC events....

So, let's get 1 more for VA. Split up the state into 3 regions. East. West. And Central. This is for the Central VA Animals.

Let's do this thing.

Out.

-Refuge

C.Coronato
05-14-09, 9:36 am
Sounds good brother. Do you have any boys you workout with currently, that are not necessarily on the boards? Rile them up and pick a gym. Its as easy as that my man.

Refuge
05-27-09, 11:55 am
trunklegs, yea there are about 4 legit guys I lift with and I know a bunch more who are interested... for sure, I've started to get em pumped for the event. Got any pointers to gettin more interest generated?

C.Coronato
05-27-09, 12:07 pm
Here ya go brother, this will get everything moving :

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=19205

scals
05-28-09, 11:16 am
Ight, I'm down. Let's get rollin.

Refuge
05-28-09, 7:45 pm
Ight, I'm down. Let's get rollin.

scals... someone told me you might be over here in my area kid. I shoulda hit you up earlier bro. I'm tryin to get ample time to get a ballin event down the road... I get back from AT late june so I'm down to hit up a few sessions with ya come july? A lot of the dudes I lift with are gone for the summer, so when the fall semester kicks up again we could get some insane workouts in.

LittleMan55
05-28-09, 8:04 pm
I'm in for these just let me know. My chapter (Western) is dead in the summers because everyone is home. I will get something set up in the Western corner after my show in Sept.

Refuge
05-28-09, 8:07 pm
I'm in for these just let me know. My chapter (Western) is dead in the summers because everyone is home. I will get something set up in the Western corner after my show in Sept.

For sure boss. I have a feeling most of the ABC's get switched up during the summer when most of us college guys head home. I'll be down here mostly for the summer so me and a couple guys would love to get a hardcore session in with some older guys.

Keep me posted on the show. I'd like to come out to support ya man.

LittleMan55
05-28-09, 8:11 pm
For sure boss. I have a feeling most of the ABC's get switched up during the summer when most of us college guys head home. I'll be down here mostly for the summer so me and a couple guys would love to get a hardcore session in with some older guys.

Keep me posted on the show. I'd like to come out to support ya man.

Its the House's show in Wheeling. There are several other FORVM members competing and there will be a huge ABC at The Body Shop on Sunday. Its a great weekend. Sept. 12th, so mark you Cal.

I will check for a free weekend to see about coming up and will get Scals to come too. Where exactly are you at in Central VA?

Refuge
05-28-09, 8:34 pm
I'm in Lynchburg now. I've just been working out @ school (LU). But all last week I was at the small Gold's we have down here. I'm willing to pay a cover charge if we can find a place that's close enough for everyone. I don't care, it'll be worth the experience of lifting w you guys.

The first big ABC I'm tryin to get us into a place called the Arthur Williams Football Operations Center. It belongs to my school's football team and only they have access to it. But what I know of it, it is the biggest college training facility on the east coast. Beats out VT's from what I've heard.

They got like 27 squat racks and tons of other equipment. It'll be a process and a half, but I wanna get this done big.

Refuge
05-28-09, 8:36 pm
where's wheeling at? Is it still in VA? I def. wanna come check it out if there are a bunch of us there.

Refuge
06-02-09, 4:52 pm
I think I heard right when someone said Wheeling was in WV? If that's the case, then I'm willing to make the trip out there to watch the show. Any guys tryin to carpool to go watch "House" and a couple other guys compete?

out.
-refuge

scals
06-02-09, 7:33 pm
I think I heard right when someone said Wheeling was in WV? If that's the case, then I'm willing to make the trip out there to watch the show. Any guys tryin to carpool to go watch "House" and a couple other guys compete?

out.
-refuge

I'll be there to support Broc and MrMuscles.

Refuge
06-02-09, 8:13 pm
I'll be there to support Broc and MrMuscles.

Nice bro. Wanna head over together? I could get a couple of my boys to come check it out as well... then we could hit up the ABC that weekend out there. Should prove to be a pretty ballin weekend?

LittleMan55
06-02-09, 8:29 pm
Nice bro. Wanna head over together? I could get a couple of my boys to come check it out as well... then we could hit up the ABC that weekend out there. Should prove to be a pretty ballin weekend?

It was a great weekend last year and I didn't compete! So much fun... I hope you guys come.

Refuge
06-02-09, 8:49 pm
Do you know how many bros will be at the ABC @ the bodyshop? I'd like to recruit them to the super-gala Central VA ABC later in September...

LittleMan55
06-02-09, 9:36 pm
Do you know how many bros will be at the ABC @ the bodyshop? I'd like to recruit them to the super-gala Central VA ABC later in September...

No definite number, but it will be packed!

Refuge
06-02-09, 9:55 pm
awesome! That will be an awesome avenue to promote our event. I just emailed a few of my contacts about allowing us to have an ABC event at the Liberty University Football Operations Center. It is the largest east coast training facility and it is soo ballin. I think they have like 27 squat racks or something to that nature!

Basically, I am organizing the biggest ABC thus far in Animal history. If we can get this facility, then it would be sooo huge! Any extra promoting hints from Coordinators who've done it so far? Universal Rep?

LittleMan55
06-02-09, 9:59 pm
awesome! That will be an awesome avenue to promote our event. I just emailed a few of my contacts about allowing us to have an ABC event at the Liberty University Football Operations Center. It is the largest east coast training facility and it is soo ballin. I think they have like 27 squat racks or something to that nature!

Basically, I am organizing the biggest ABC thus far in Animal history. If we can get this facility, then it would be sooo huge! Any extra promoting hints from Coordinators who've done it so far? Universal Rep?

Get ahold of all the surrounding areas. Ohio Travels well. I will bring my people (what few there are)... Get in touch with the people at HQ (I will help you there) and get it on the cal. early so that you can advertise the hell out of it!

Just keep in touch!

Refuge
06-04-09, 8:55 pm
Get ahold of all the surrounding areas. Ohio Travels well. I will bring my people (what few there are)... Get in touch with the people at HQ (I will help you there) and get it on the cal. early so that you can advertise the hell out of it!

Just keep in touch!

Ya man, sure will. I checked out their ABC thread and it looks like you'll be able to put in a good word about this event too. Much appreciated. I got denied access to the FOC training facilities but I'm keepin optimistic... gonna still figure something big out for sure. I'll get it on the cal. just as soon as I get the venue.

Thanks bro

-Refuge

C.Coronato
06-08-09, 11:19 am
No worries on getting denied thats a serious facility. Where do you currently train bro?

Refuge
06-12-09, 12:04 am
well I train at my school's gym currently. Options in my area are a smaller Gold's, & a decked out YMCA... I'm looking into getting a powerhouse gym now though for the event which should be pretty sick if it works out.

Refuge
06-12-09, 12:05 am
I wonder where Scals17 lifts?? Maybe his place would be more suitable???

scals
06-12-09, 4:54 am
I wonder where Scals17 lifts?? Maybe his place would be more suitable???

Powerhouse Gym, Waynesboro.

Refuge
06-12-09, 12:11 pm
That's only about an hour or so from Rustburg / Lynchburg. I'm willin to make the commute sometime in July. To get a session in.

After that, maybe a full blown-out ABC there? I'm checkin up on it, but someone told me there's a powerhouse in Forest VA as well... I'm lookin into it...

-Refuge

C.Coronato
06-16-09, 3:57 pm
Hey guys were are trying to push the ABC movement even further. Coordinators : Please insert your ABC chapter into your signature, quote this thread and add it just as it is.

Central Virginia ABC (http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=25365)

Anyone else in the chapter is more than welcome to add this as well to help further promote the movement. PM me if you have any questions. Thanks fellas.

Refuge
09-03-09, 7:56 am
Hey yo Scals. Here's a proposal. Your gym, 7 weeks from now. The first Central VA ABC event. It'll give us enough time to get the word out, and work everything out with the gym crew....

LittleMan55
09-03-09, 8:05 am
Hey yo Scals. Here's a proposal. Your gym, 7 weeks from now. The first Central VA ABC event. It'll give us enough time to get the word out, and work everything out with the gym crew....

Would that be the weekend of the 24th?

Refuge
09-03-09, 10:09 pm
Yea. Oct. 24th / 25th. Trying to bring our boys from out west?

Ref.

JamesRange62
09-12-09, 11:07 pm
Yea. Oct. 24th / 25th. Trying to bring our boys from out west?

Ref.

I am new to the FORVM and have been wanting to join the ABC. Could i come to this event you are planning on the 24th?

Go Away
09-13-09, 8:42 am
central va ABC... would that be run out of richmond? i'm thirty minutes south of there. holla back

scals
09-13-09, 10:17 pm

I'm down for the 24th, just not my gym. Things arent going well there and I'm on my way out.

My proposal is the 24th Blacksburg. I used to be the head supervisor at the gym at Va Tech and can manage to get us that gym.

Refuge
09-13-09, 11:38 pm
I'm down for the 24th, just not my gym. Things arent going well there and I'm on my way out.

My proposal is the 24th Blacksburg. I used to be the head supervisor at the gym at Va Tech and can manage to get us that gym.

Scals. You just hit money. VT would be a blast. Plus that gives us a huge crowd to reach out to. Let's make it official. October 24th @ VT (Blacksburg, VA). It's on.

Jamesrange. You are more than welcome to come to the event.

Goaway. We will def. have an event there down the road. The initial event I am planning big. How bigger can it get in VA than @ Virginia Tech??

I'll let our boys know from WV & DC.

-Ref.

Refuge
09-13-09, 11:42 pm
Hey Treetrunklegs / G Diesel!

Heads up. It's official. The Central VA ABC Premier event is set for 24 October 2009. Let's get this show on the road!

-Refuge.

Roll Call:
-Refuge
-Scals
-Mar

-MORE TO COME.

Refuge
09-14-09, 12:31 am
Roll Call:
-Refuge
-Mar
-Scals
-CantGet2BIG

keep em coming...

JamesRange62
09-14-09, 3:13 pm
hey so i have decided that i am going to come! it will be my first ABC meeting. cant wait!

Refuge
09-14-09, 4:03 pm
Great Jamesrange! That's awesome, this should be an awesome gathering so it's a great place to make your ABC debut. I'm working on the tentative schedule now, I'm hoping to hold one of the first few of the Animal Iron Athlete competitions. Check it out in the newsletter....

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=27522

Another money idea by G.

Here's the roll...
-Refuge
-Mar
-Scals
-CantGet2BIG
-Jamesrange62
-Usman Khawaja
-James Perkins? (Plus a car full)

Out.
-Ref

JamesRange62
09-14-09, 4:46 pm
cool man! this sounds like its gonna be a lot of fun

scals
09-14-09, 6:22 pm
Me and my brother will be there. I might have a couple others there too. Should be an awesome time.

Refuge
09-14-09, 9:28 pm
Nice boss.

New number:
-Refuge
-Mar
-Scals (+ bro & more?)
-CantGet2BIG
-Jamesrange62
-Usman Khawaja

I guessing that's about 15 now. And I know a bunch on my end are gonna wanna come. This is shaping up nicely.

-Refuge

Refuge
09-16-09, 12:13 am
The numbers keep growing... I started a facebook group for those who weren't on the forum and I have 4 confirmed dudes coming bringing us to:

-Refuge
-Mar
-Scals (+2?)
-Scals brother
-CantGet2BIG
-Jamesrange62
-Usman Khawaja
-Jason Peters (My boy Jay, I trained with over the summer)

So. 11 definite, and plenty more maybe's. I'll keep ya posted.

-Refuge

Refuge
09-22-09, 6:14 pm
Bump. Anyone else want in?

Refuge
09-25-09, 9:01 am
Update:

With our original 11, I checked the facebook group I had made for the Central VA Animals, and we have another 12 that might show up. We're looking at potentially 23 dudes, plus.

Now I move into phase 2 of promoting the event. Flyers, posters, etc.

-Refuge

C.Coronato
09-28-09, 9:35 am
Starting to shape up very nicely my friend. Keep pushing it.

Refuge
09-28-09, 12:43 pm
For sure TTL. It's gonna keep on getting better... you trying to make an appearance eh??

C.Coronato
09-28-09, 2:49 pm
Ahhh damn i would love to. But im not sure if i can swing it, ill be a week out from my show and i def wont be up to the 8 hour drive .. Haha, I wish man, if i could take a few days off and come chill that would be great, but i wont be able to. Im there in spirit no doubt.

scals
09-28-09, 8:24 pm
It's War Memorial Gym on VT's campus. No definitive address. I can give better directions closer to the event.

C.Coronato
09-30-09, 9:53 am
Whats the time for the event?

Refuge
09-30-09, 6:57 pm
1pm.

I figure that gives everyone enough time to get there, and the bro's can still have their Sat. night...

We'll prolly go until 4ish? Get some chow, yada, yada, yada.

C.Coronato
10-01-09, 10:07 am
Ok cool, do we have an address and a phone number so i can get it on to the calender ?

Refuge
10-01-09, 5:32 pm
Hey TTL. It's War's Memorial Gym on VT's campus. There isn't really an address. It's in Blacksburg VA. If you can get directions that far here is a link of a detailed map of the campus:

http://www.vt.edu/where_we_are/maps/campus-map-highres.pdf

Phone number... Mine or the gyms? Scals will have the gym number....

-Refuge

scals
10-01-09, 8:24 pm
540-231-7086

Refuge
10-06-09, 10:24 pm
Just got another two that want in. My bro Jamey, and prolly his bro he lifts with...

Also, talked to this kid Daniel, who is taking his training up a notch, and wants to come check out what we're all about.

Def. 13, as many as 25 thus far...

-Refuge.

Refuge
10-17-09, 5:25 pm
Ah shoot.

Just a week left fellas.

Scals, how many do you know are coming? Got any bro's from Tech interested? I mean it is their home turf. I got a handful, we're working out carpoolin now...

-Refuge

Refuge
10-22-09, 1:12 am
It's War Memorial Gym on VT's campus. No definitive address. I can give better directions closer to the event.

Hey gents, all you have to do is go to Google maps and type in "War Memorial hall, Virginia Tech", it will come up as one of the first 2 hits and then you can just type in your starting address....

If you have any questions feel free to hit me up.

Here's my definite count:
Refuge
Mar
Jamey
Jason P.
BJ Cole
Scals (+2)
Scals brother
CantGet2BIG
Jamesrange62
Usman Khawaja
James Perkins (Plus a car full)
Lee B.
Travis Mimms

Maybe's:
On the facebook group I have 19 more who may show up.

That's what's up boys. Get pumped. 2 days.

-Refuge

Refuge
10-24-09, 8:45 am
Gametime.

Catch you guys there.....

Refuge
10-24-09, 7:54 pm
Hey boys,

Well, woke up this morning and got pretty bummed that I had a emails from dudes bailing last second. Nonetheless we pressed on. On the trip to War's Gym the sky opened up and it started pouring, hard.

Got two more texts on the trip from people pulling out. Nonetheless we pressed on.

So, Mar and I showed up. Scals was there, waiting to get it done. Unfortunately his bro had to work as well. 2 hour trip, for all 3 of us. Nonetheless we pressed on.

I'd like to call this the "Pre-Premier" session. We came in with high expectations, and left with the same vision for another date. I know for sure of 7-8 bro's who wanted to be there and said they're in for sure next time, but got bogged down with one thing or another this go around. Nonetheless, they press on.

Huge shoutout to Corporate for having our back and hooking us up w/ everything for a sweet session, just wait. Central VA ain't going anywhere... we're just starting.

omfgapolarbear
11-08-09, 2:16 pm
Another for central virginia here.

Refuge
11-10-09, 10:31 pm
welcome aboard boss. Stay tuned, I'm workin on the next session. If there's good enough feedback we may hit up War's Memorial Gym again over by VT. It's pretty ba. no heat, no cooling. Just the weights and a few mirrors. I like it. It's where everything started for Scals, so it has a history as well.

Where you at?

omfgapolarbear
11-16-09, 11:12 pm
Lynchburg. Don't know many around here into animal, but we got a few good bodybuilders who might wanna come.

Refuge
11-21-09, 9:24 am
Lynchburg eh? I know a few bro's out that way myself. A number of whom I'm expecting at our next event. I actually live in Rustburg, which is right up the mountain... Scals is usually out that way as well... Charlottesville / Waynesboro. About an hour or so away from you.

M Miller
01-10-10, 11:21 am
not to sure how forums work but hey im out here in virginia beach. i'll drive out to an event in wherever. just post when and I should be there. I haven't been to one yet or anything but im down

wsmercer
01-11-10, 7:34 pm
Sup guys, I'm from Corinth, MS and I go to MSU in Starkville. I am friends with ionicrods and I want to get into the ABCs.

omfgapolarbear
01-11-10, 7:51 pm
Lynchburg eh? I know a few bro's out that way myself. A number of whom I'm expecting at our next event. I actually live in Rustburg, which is right up the mountain... Scals is usually out that way as well... Charlottesville / Waynesboro. About an hour or so away from you.

Really? Whens the next event man?

M Miller
01-16-10, 2:00 pm
If you guys want to get something going im down. too busy to be running anything but i'd love to get an abc event going

C.Coronato
02-22-10, 5:32 pm
The Official Invite:

The National ABC at the Arnold Classic.

Will you be there?

When
Saturday, 3/6/10 at 8pm

Where
Metro Fitness
9 East Long Street
Columbus OH 43215

Who
Any and all. Let's show them how Animal does it.

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=29729

Refuge
03-05-10, 6:24 pm
Hey bro's. Big heyo from the big sandbox....

Being recently deployed I'll have to do most of my training here on the various FOB's I get a chance to visit. If you guys are looking to organize another meet while I'm away I'd say hit up Scals or some of the other guys from the DC barbell club. They are more than welcoming, and they'll hold VA together until I return and get things done my way.

Until then, stay strong and lift hard.

-Refuge.

Messiah
03-18-10, 8:25 am
Any military guys want to get in on this? Let's get something started.

C.Coronato
03-18-10, 10:26 am
Welcome my man. Are you looking to start an ABC?

230plus
03-18-10, 7:23 pm
Any military guys want to get in on this? Let's get something started.

I will get in on it. The last one that went down I ended up missing it due to a quick TDY I had to roll out on. Not this time though. Messiah, you name the place, and just like "SARAN"...It's a wrap. Unfortunately, due to my schedule I can't help plan a lot, but I can spread the word to a few AirForce buds that I see in the gym. Count 230 in man.

Messiah
03-19-10, 3:01 am
Welcome my man. Are you looking to start an ABC?

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, I'd love to get one started. I'm currently deployed but will be back in the area soon enough. Well shit, I could get one going on the ship right now.

I will get in on it. The last one that went down I ended up missing it due to a quick TDY I had to roll out on. Not this time though. Messiah, you name the place, and just like "SARAN"...It's a wrap. Unfortunately, due to my schedule I can't help plan a lot, but I can spread the word to a few AirForce buds that I see in the gym. Count 230 in man.

Sounds great, brother. Unfortunately, I can't plan much with my schedule either. But I have a feeling, if we get enough heads, we can get this thing rolling. I see y'know some AirForce peoples... ever been to Langley? That gym is ridiculous! That would be a great place.

230plus
03-19-10, 9:45 am
Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, I'd love to get one started. I'm currently deployed but will be back in the area soon enough. Well shit, I could get one going on the ship right now.

Sounds great, brother. Unfortunately, I can't plan much with my schedule either. But I have a feeling, if we get enough heads, we can get this thing rolling. I see y'know some AirForce peoples... ever been to Langley? That gym is ridiculous! That would be a great place.

Yeah, I'm stationed there. Been in the AF for 22 years man. Honestly, I hate the whole gym set-up, but it is what it is. We can get it done anywhere. I know there has to be a Gold's or something in Norfolk we could look into. To have it at a base gym would be TOO much redtape. For instance, if you have to sign a visitor in the facility, depending on time of the day...you gotta sign them through the gate. And you damn well would have to coordinate a big event of this nature with base leadership, which would be letters of approval...etc, which everyone in thier brother needs to sign off on once it finally gets through distro and off the desk of higher -ups. I would rather pack it in at a Golds or local spot somewhere else without the hassle. However...if we decide I could always look into it. Plus, I don't know bout you....but I wanna eat when I'm done and the chow hall or anyplace far ain't gonna cut it...lol.

C.Coronato
02-15-11, 9:47 am
The National ABC at the Arnold Classic.

Will you be there?

Bigger and Better than last year ..

Promos/Food/Training.

When
Saturday, 3/5/10 at 7pm

Where
Metro Fitness
9 East Long Street
Columbus OH 43215

Food to follow.

Who?
Any and all. Let's show them how Animal does it.

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?34917-ROLL-CALL-National-ABC-Event-2011

Also please make sure you check out the ABC Member Directory:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35235-ABC-Member-directory

widdlewade44
09-10-11, 12:42 pm
17Sep11 at 1:00pm here:

http://supremesportspt.com/

Any and all Central VA beasts are welcome to come on down, peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

johnsimila
02-19-12, 10:14 am
What's up everyone. Any action going on in the central VA area. I just moved to Richmond and I wondering if there is any others in the area that would like to get this thing going again. Looks like its been inactive for a few months. If anyone is interested or if there is something else in another area of VA let me know.

Go Away
02-19-12, 11:10 am
i live about 20 minutes south of Richmond and go to American Family Fitness on the regular. Would love to be apart of an event as well. i doubt Am Fam would support it, but i can inquire if there are enough people willing to travel to the RVA area

Jakekeeb
02-20-12, 9:11 am
I have been wanting to do one of these ABC meets for a little while now, and I live in Va, Beach. If anything starts up in this area, let me know, and if my schedule allows, I might be there as well. I look forward to meeting a few animals.

Go Away
02-20-12, 9:39 am
I have been wanting to do one of these ABC meets for a little while now, and I live in Va, Beach. If anything starts up in this area, let me know, and if my schedule allows, I might be there as well. I look forward to meeting a few animals.

i heard there are some great gyms down in the 757 - Richmond area doesnt seem to support loud yelling, dumbbell dropping dungeons... the places i'd feel most comfortable training. it's kinda like "wait for Grandpa to finish sleeping on the leg extension machine so i can finish my quad workout" around here. Even the Gold's are mostly the express version with cardio drones in droves.

Jakekeeb
02-20-12, 10:51 am
Yeah, I know there are some decent gyms around town, but I normally work out in the base gym, its enough to get the job done, but some times it is hit or miss with the amount of people packed into it (plus its free for me). With what I have been seeing in the threads, I think there may be enough people down here to start a chapter. The only problem I foresee with this is most of the members would be military and the incoming/outgoing members would be at a high rate (part of the job). Im sure if something is put into the works, I could research the gyms(if I have time). Again, everyone keep up on this, I would really look forward to this.

johnsimila
02-20-12, 1:47 pm
i heard there are some great gyms down in the 757 - Richmond area doesnt seem to support loud yelling, dumbbell dropping dungeons... the places i'd feel most comfortable training. it's kinda like "wait for Grandpa to finish sleeping on the leg extension machine so i can finish my quad workout" around here. Even the Gold's are mostly the express version with cardio drones in droves.

I know what you are talking about with the Richmond gyms. I train at one of the golds here and it is more of the cardio/fitness gyms then the hardcore lifting gyms. Its not the worst gym I've ever been in though. They allow a little noise and dropping wieghts. As long as its not too loud. I still get a good workout in there. Probably not the place for us to meet though.

scals
02-21-12, 11:26 pm
I'm over in the Charlottesville area. Definitely down to train.

johnsimila
02-23-12, 9:14 am
Does anyone know the next step to get one of these started? I can help with anything needed I just dont know what the steps are. So if you guys are interested lets get it going.

scals
02-23-12, 12:12 pm
Does anyone know the next step to get one of these started? I can help with anything needed I just dont know what the steps are. So if you guys are interested lets get it going.

Send C.Coronato a PM about when/where and he'll give ya the rest of the details.

C.Coronato
02-23-12, 1:07 pm

Whats going on man. Next step is to locate a gym that you would be able to hold an event at. Do you have one lined up?

Send C.Coronato a PM about when/where and he'll give ya the rest of the details.

Thanks big homie.

Jakekeeb
03-07-12, 5:02 am
Hey guys, whats the word????

VanillaThrilla
03-09-12, 11:14 am
Hey guys, I'm in Lynchburg and was wondering if anyone here on the F O R V M has anything going on? If not, I know of quite a few guys at my gym that are on here that would love to lift with some fellow Animals. Anyone down?

johnsimila
03-11-12, 9:02 pm
So this is what I've got so far. I just started working at golds in Richmond as a trainer so I've been waiting to get settled before asking about having a meeting there. I asked my boss and he said we can bring it up with the GM and see what she says. So if anyone is interested in coming to Richmond for an event lets start to get some numbers so I can tell them a estimate of how many people will be there. I think it will help if I go to them with a general number of people. And lets also start talking about dates we can all do this. Let me know what you all think.

Go Away
03-12-12, 6:18 am
So this is what I've got so far. I just started working at golds in Richmond as a trainer so I've been waiting to get settled before asking about having a meeting there. I asked my boss and he said we can bring it up with the GM and see what she says. So if anyone is interested in coming to Richmond for an event lets start to get some numbers so I can tell them a estimate of how many people will be there. I think it will help if I go to them with a general number of people. And lets also start talking about dates we can all do this. Let me know what you all think.

I will be there, no doubt.

widdlewade44
03-12-12, 8:07 am

Depending on dates and times I know a number of the DC/VA/MD members would be interested in rolling down to Richmand and throwing the weights around.

Kevin
widdlewade44

scals
03-13-12, 5:27 pm
Depending on dates and times I know a number of the DC/VA/MD members would be interested in rolling down to Richmand and throwing the weights around.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Yea you get a date or 2 and I'll try to get out there.

Refuge
11-07-12, 7:11 pm
Hey boys, I'm down in NC now but depending on the weekend and my work schedule I'd be down for heading back North for a session.

Refuge
04-21-13, 7:36 am

Hey man! How's the buttering up of the GM? Is she gonna let this thing fly? It would be sick to finally have a place for this chapter to call home. It's been a long couple of years working to get this thing started. Glad to see some steps in the right direction.

jerseyjim
05-02-13, 1:31 pm
Transplant from NJ to VA. Living in Petersburg now, moving to NOVA in July. Any guys close to Hopewell want to head over to Walker's on a Saturday?

1morerep
09-02-13, 12:10 am
Out of Fort Eustis, VA and can travel couple 100 miles for a good training day. Let me know.

Transplant from NJ to VA. Living in Petersburg now, moving to NOVA in July. Any guys close to Hopewell want to head over to Walker's on a Saturday?

1morerep
12-15-13, 10:15 am
Nobody yet in va area!!!

out of fort eustis, va and can travel couple 100 miles for a good training day. Let me know.

CammaRHINO
05-15-14, 11:29 am
Hey brothers,

any of you ever heard of or go to IMP Fitness?

jerseyjim
05-15-14, 11:42 am
Hey brothers,

any of you ever heard of or go to IMP Fitness?

Imp chantilly

Direct text from my buddy when I just asked him

"Yeah we got one up here. That's gonna be my next gym once my membership at this other place runs out. It's a no frills gym with all free weights and cardio equip . Less crowd too"

Hope that helps brother

jerseyjim
07-19-14, 4:57 pm
We have to get something cooking. Bumping this.

rshelton242
10-25-14, 3:09 pm
Im from bedford/lynchburg would definitely be down to go some where by to train with some of the guys on here. I also lift in a smaller hole in the wall gym wouldnt be able to fit a ton of guys but i could talk to the owner about getting guys in there to train if people were interested.

big gravel parking lot possibly grill out afterwards.

really just trying to do what ever i can to train with some powerlifters and strong guys more frequently.

Go Away
01-05-15, 1:24 pm
Richmond lifter here using a Chesterfield YMCA for the moment.

Richmond 100% Raw powerlifting meet being held in Midlothian on Feb. 21st!
I signed up last week.

http://rawpowerlifting.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/2015-Southside-Classic-entry.pdf

Anyone else in the area that powerlifts???

Robb
02-17-15, 11:05 am
Richmond lifter here using a Chesterfield YMCA for the moment.

Richmond 100% Raw powerlifting meet being held in Midlothian on Feb. 21st!
I signed up last week.

http://rawpowerlifting.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/2015-Southside-Classic-entry.pdf

Anyone else in the area that powerlifts???

Hey man I'm in the westend of Richmond I powerlift and train a few people. I lift at American Family Fitness because I work there. There are quite a few young guys/teenagers that powerlift that training at amfam as well. I saw this to late to get anyone to sign up but I will keep up with this thread.

Robb
02-18-15, 11:51 pm
Going through this thread its pretty dead; and doesn't seem to be a head person anymore? Anyone in the area want to get things going again. I am the IT manager for a big local gym 9 locations in Va from Fredricksburg, colonial heights, Williamsburg and 6 around the Richmond area. If people are interested I will see where the migority of the people are and ask that manager. l'm a corporate employee of 5 years so I have some good pull.
Hope we can get somthing going

Go Away
02-19-15, 1:49 pm
I'm not allowed in AmFam anymore. Life-time ban...

Robb
02-23-15, 12:48 am
I'm not allowed in AmFam anymore. Life-time ban...

Well that puts a kink in things...

rshelton242
01-09-16, 8:22 am
Looks like its been pretty dead in here for awhile. We need to try to get some going here guys.

Thunder Chicken
02-16-17, 2:04 pm
I will be going on vacation to Virginia Beach late may into June, didn't know if anyone had suggestions for sweet gym in that are I should check out?! Thanks

Rick87
02-16-17, 3:12 pm
I will be going on vacation to Virginia Beach late may into June, didn't know if anyone had suggestions for sweet gym in that are I should check out?! Thanks

A little bit offtopic here...but you have seriously the best nickname i have ever seen.

Thunder Chicken
02-16-17, 3:48 pm
A little bit offtopic here...but you have seriously the best nickname i have ever seen.

Haha why thank you lol

TheMachine
02-21-17, 8:54 am
One Life Fitness in Chesapeake is pretty solid (about 15 mins from the ocean front without traffic)

Thunder Chicken
02-21-17, 10:01 am
One Life Fitness in Chesapeake is pretty solid (about 15 mins from the ocean front without traffic)

Ok cool Thanks I'll check them out!!!