PDA

View Full Version : Barbarian's journey: Turning a man into a mountain

barbarian_62
05-14-09, 3:37 pm
Welcome to my journey. Or quest. Or whatever you want to call it, it's gonna take awhile.

Men climb mountains to become better men. I climb this mountain to become one. I was told
my goal was "probably impossible" by a friend of mine. Yeah, former friend.

My final goal is to one day walk on stage carrying 320 lbs of pure shredded freak mass. No one has ever done this before. Then again, no one over 6'2'' (Arnold) has ever won the Olympia. If Ruhl can carry 280 lbs. at 5'10'', I can carry 320 at 6'4''.

Simply put, I will eat and train until I reach this goal. My diet is where it should be, 6+ meals a day and all that, with a 6 day split on my workouts. Right now I'm at 293 lbs, and I'm not up-to-date with my body fat %.

I am open to all advice and/or encouragement. No one in this sport gets to the top alone.

C.Coronato
05-14-09, 3:53 pm
Barbarian -- Solid goals brother. You got some big shoes to fill thats for sure. Ferrigno stepped on stage in the 1994 Olympia at 325 .. But start your journey and get big brother. You are very close already! Keep pushing.

OklahomaMuscle
05-14-09, 4:00 pm
I'm ready for this one man, 6'4" 293 is already pretty massive, interested in what you can do...keep bangin

Inarius
05-14-09, 4:08 pm
Im in here man! Keep up the hardwork!

barbarian_62
05-18-09, 3:06 pm
I'm glad my house has stairs. They let me know I had a good day at the squat rack. The day after squats isn't that bad, day after that is pure pain. You know that pain, that stretching, burning ache for two days after squats. Feels good. Lets you know you got the job done.

Here's my workout splits, comments/suggestions are welcomed.

Sunday: Quads/Calves
Monday: Chest/Biceps
Tuesday: Back/Triceps
Wednesday: Off
Thursday: Biceps/Triceps
Friday: Hams/Calves
Saturday: Shoulders/Delts

Right now the Pak is the only thing I'm taking, besides Shock Therapy and Torrent.