PDA

View Full Version : Deads

franklinX
05-15-09, 9:49 am
Yo guys so I have two questions on deads..

With the grip I know that it should be one hand over and one hand under but my question is should you flip which hand is over and under after each set? Will you lack symmetry if you don't? Never heard anything about this before but the thought came yesterday when i was doing deads.

My 2nd question..

Should you be pushing back when you are going up almost like you would fall over if the weight was not there to balance you out? Heard many different things about this and am unsure of which way to go...

Northman
05-15-09, 10:40 am
If you are a bber you may develop a lack of symmetry using only the same over/under grip all the time. I have noticed my right trap is smaller than the left, but my right lat is bigger. It doesn't matter so much to me as I'm not a bodybuilder, but if you are you might want to switch things up.

Just focus on keeping your form tight and drive through your heels. Don't lean back or exaggerate the movement.

GJN5002
05-15-09, 11:42 am
If you are a bber you may develop a lack of symmetry using only the same over/under grip all the time. I have noticed my right trap is smaller than the left, but my right lat is bigger. It doesn't matter so much to me as I'm not a bodybuilder, but if you are you might want to switch things up.

Just focus on keeping your form tight and drive through your heels. Don't lean back or exaggerate the movement.

great advice. I consider myself a bber so I used to switch grips. Now, I just use overhand with straps because I dont care how much I can pull just as long as I'm recruiting muscle fiber.

TigerAce01
05-15-09, 12:01 pm
great advice. I consider myself a bber so I used to switch grips. Now, I just use overhand with straps because I dont care how much I can pull just as long as I'm recruiting muscle fiber.

Yeah, I only use overhand until my last set.

-Ace

franklinX
05-15-09, 1:46 pm
great advice thanks alot guys

Northman
05-16-09, 7:40 pm
I'm always glad to help!