PDA

View Full Version : reflections

J D R
05-15-09, 12:54 pm
I feel completely altered at the moment. I just finished reading some of Machines Journey and my mind is blown. I feel as if ive been living in dreamland all my life. This really put me in check with my own training, causing me to reflect. Am i pushing as far as i can go, or am i quitting early? Am i putting it all out on the line? Even though i was up at 430 this morning training legs before school, i feel like a wimp. I had to lay down after my workout and quit 2 sets early so i wouldnt throw up. Machine would of kept training until he did throw up and then smile and laugh about it. Thats the real deal. I know i need to step up my game and now is the time to do it.

J D R
05-15-09, 12:57 pm
Every time i look in the mirror i see my inner animal staring back at me. Hes challenging me, telling me im not good enough. Everyday is a battle against myself. I put everything i can into this, but its still not nearly enough. There is so much to improve on, i can always do more, strive for more. Theres always another rep i can do, or another can of chicken i can choke down. Its all about wanting it bad enough. So next time i look in the mirror, im going to growl right back at that animal and take what i deserve.

wedge
05-15-09, 1:12 pm
Machine has a way of inspiring all of us bro. Do what you gotta do, eat big, lift heavy and grow.

True Red
05-15-09, 1:23 pm
There are days that I feel like I just want to stop because the burn is so bad. There are days where I feel like my arms are about to fall off If I do one more curl. I know what it is like to feel like you want to puke in the middle of an intense ab workout. Sure I could quit who would care. No one, nobody is going to care if I did what I set out to do for the day. No one is going to care if I stop a few reps or a set shy of what I aim for. But not matter the burn or pain or sickness that I feel I know that If I quit the only person that I am cheating out of sucess is myself. To have to look at myself in the mirror and know that I didn't give it my all today is the worst feeling in the world. The guilt that I feel inside is enough to make me want to puke.

There are so many people on here that show and speak of true dedication and live by that way of life everyday that it makes me push harder to do that extra rep or 2. bump that weight up one more time even though I am sore and tired. I am just starting out but reading what people have to say on here makes me want more. makes me want to push harder. so what if I can't walk right for a few days or have trouble getting dressed in the mornings from my arms hurting so bad. I know that one day I am going to stand infront of that mirror and smile because I will know that I have given everything I have each and everyday to get to where I am.

So your right to read the passion that someone else feels and the determination that they speak about makes you want to push harder. That is why this site is the greatest thing ever. It is a place where even when you feel like you have nothing left in you you have a bunch of animals standing behind you telling you can.