PDA

View Full Version : 12 weeks as a Vegan

Maccabee
05-19-09, 12:11 pm
Starting next sunday I will go on a Vegan Diet to test out how my body will react to. I have always wanted to try this because I have been doing research on meat and the side effects etc... and reading many books and hearing these health guru's speak of all these great benefits eating only fruits, veggies, nuts, etc...blah blah blah

I wont know the truth until I go through it. I know many of you will disagree with this and might think this is a waste of time. This is however some thing I have always wanted to try.

If it does not work out or does not suit my body then I will just switch back. It is worth giving it a real try though.

During these 12 weeks I will be doing powerlifting because I like to lift heavy weight. This will either be a disaster or a great oppurtunity to learn something new. Either way I am gonna learn some thing.

Current Stats:
203 lbs
40 inch waist do not know how much body fat but i think its a lot lol haha

This week I will just eat fruits, veggies, and nuts.

I will spend some time on vegan bodybuilding websites and also talk with vegan bodybuilders and powerlifters to help me structure a proper diet.

By the way for those who might think this is gay..dont forget Bill Pearl was a vegetarian. Yes I know its a little differnt from Vegan but its pretty close. Either way I am going for it.

Maccabee
05-19-09, 12:28 pm
http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_nutrition/can_vegetarians_build_muscle

This article should answer a few questions.

I do have a few fears such as:

1. What if I lose to much mass?

2. What if I lose strength, speed?

I mean most Vegans or Vegetarians I met in my life were skinny and not so healthy. This is going to be weird for me. I hope I can control myself.

Ricky P
05-19-09, 12:30 pm
Good luck, hope you have better success than Prince Fielder has had. Sure you'll do well, congrats on taking on a new challenge and one that sparks your interest - good luck brotha.

Maccabee
05-19-09, 12:57 pm
I hope it works out.

I just sent a few messages to a few Vegan Atheletes so help is on the way lol.

rev8ball
05-19-09, 1:05 pm
Starting next sunday I will go on a Vegan Diet to test out how my body will react to. I have always wanted to try this because I have been doing research on meat and the side effects etc... and reading many books and hearing these health guru's speak of all these great benefits eating only fruits, veggies, nuts, etc...blah blah blah

I wont know the truth until I go through it. I know many of you will disagree with this and might think this is a waste of time. This is however some thing I have always wanted to try.

If it does not work out or does not suit my body then I will just switch back. It is worth giving it a real try though.

During these 12 weeks I will be doing powerlifting because I like to lift heavy weight. This will either be a disaster or a great oppurtunity to learn something new. Either way I am gonna learn some thing.

Current Stats:
203 lbs
40 inch waist do not know how much body fat but i think its a lot lol haha

This week I will just eat fruits, veggies, and nuts.

I will spend some time on vegan bodybuilding websites and also talk with vegan bodybuilders and powerlifters to help me structure a proper diet.

By the way for those who might think this is gay..dont forget Bill Pearl was a vegetarian. Yes I know its a little differnt from Vegan but its pretty close. Either way I am going for it.

And for a moment, I thought you were moving out here to Vegas....LOL

Good luck, bro. Keep us posted...

C.Coronato
05-19-09, 1:13 pm
Sounds good man. Everyone has different views and opinions of things. If it works for you great, if not, then now you know!

Maccabee
05-19-09, 9:28 pm
The Diet seems simple enough:

Basmati Rice, Quinoa, Oatmeal, Grains, Dried Fruit, Nuts, Healthy oils, Eziekiel Bread, Fruits and Vegetables

I am basically going to be eating a mixture of all this. I found a few good sample diets that Vegan Bodybuilders follow. I will just build on that and see how it goes.

MOST LIKELY, I will follow this for a minimum of 6 weeks. If things are going well up until that point I will do the full 12 weeks. I am ready to go.

Maccabee
05-19-09, 9:30 pm
And for a moment, I thought you were moving out here to Vegas....LOL

Good luck, bro. Keep us posted...

lol haha. I will keep you all posted. I got the diet planned out so I am ready to start tomorrow.

Sounds good man. Everyone has different views and opinions of things. If it works for you great, if not, then now you know!

Definately bro...I agree with you. I am pretty excited about this I am going to go shopping tomorrow. I decided to start tomorrow.

deadlifts
05-19-09, 10:03 pm
This isn't something I would try (i need steak, etc.), but good luck bro

Pizzalamp
05-19-09, 10:20 pm
Good Luck Danny

Maccabee
05-20-09, 4:31 pm
I just had another convo with these Vegan atheletes on their forums and they all told me that in the beginning I am going to lose WEIGHT and STRENGTH. Then they said I would slowly gain it back. We shall see.

bobbymart
05-27-09, 1:10 pm
I'm a vegan and have been for 9 or 10 months now I am healthier than ever! I got even one step further tho and only eat raw foods.