PDA

View Full Version : Confused...

cobaltdan
05-21-09, 11:03 am
I am a little overloaded with information and quite confused. I am writing in hopes someone can help or point me in the right direction.

I am an athletic 38 year old, 6'2" and now a thin 175 pounds. I was a competitive skydiver and little over a year ago sustained a c-spine injury which left me in a great deal of chronic pain. I lost weight and muscle mass on my right arm & shoulder, becoming weak and quite skinny. I was sick of being in pain all the time. I do not like taking pain meds and asked my doctor if there was any alternate therapy I could try. He put me on HGH. I didn't have high hopes it would help, but after 6 weeks of injecting 1 unit per day I was pain free for the first time in a year. I am a different person. According to my doctors I still have an issue with my c5-c6 which will need attention in the future, but I have no lateral instabilities and am cleared to work out and try to put back on weight and muscle mass.

I am lifting weights and have been eating anything and everything. I don't really get sore after workouts and I can't seem to put on any weight (only 5 pounds so far up from 170). I saw my doctor last week and he put me on testosterone cypionate .3 ml injected every 3 days (I don't know how people stick that fat needle into their thigh, but I guess I will get used to it).

I like my doctor but his background for trying these treatments on me is in anti-aging and not athletics. This concerns me a bit. I have checked body building web sites and I am completely overwhelmed with information, even conflicting information. Where can I get clear information for the uninitiated?

How can I find an experienced body building trainer in Brooklyn. I am going into my local gym and while they are nice people their trainer can't accommodate a 3-4 times a week training schedule and is a little flakey (has been a no show for several sessions).

I am finally not in pain and very serious about putting back on weight, I need a trainer that is serious as well.

I would greatly appreciate any help offered.

Thank you.

Littlefry
05-21-09, 2:27 pm
If I

JUGGERNAUT
05-21-09, 3:34 pm
Not sure what you are asking. It's against our rules here to talk about drugs and this is not a site to place an ad for a trainer.

You can however get great suggestions on diet, training and supplementation but since you are going to a DR. this is all worthless until you speak with him first.

shizz702
05-21-09, 7:19 pm
Do this routine here: http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=41&section=training%0A

Eat a fuck ton, drink a gallon of milk a day, along with a lot of water, and sleep 9 hours a day and then your weight gain troubles will be no more.

BigChrisF
05-21-09, 9:13 pm
If your trainer has been a no show for several sessions, especially without explanation, then I would get rid of him because he is just wasting your time and money.

Since you say your lifts are coming along, I will assume that there is no major nerve damage that would be holding you back from building muscle. The dosage you listed for the cypionate doesn't tell anything because it doesn't tell us the amount of mg dissolved into the 0.3 ml of oil. I assume it is still a pretty low dose because of the high conversion rate to estrogen and he would need to put you on other prescriptions to go along with this.

As for eating, try to shoot for at least 3000 calories. Don't go overboard on the crap food, but get the calories in.

JUGGERNAUT
05-22-09, 10:49 am
If your trainer has been a no show for several sessions, especially without explanation, then I would get rid of him because he is just wasting your time and money.

Since you say your lifts are coming along, I will assume that there is no major nerve damage that would be holding you back from building muscle.

As for eating, try to shoot for at least 3000 calories. Don't go overboard on the crap food, but get the calories in.

NO DRUG TALK please

BigChrisF
05-22-09, 9:33 pm
I assumed that legally obtained prescription pharmaceuticals would not hold the same liability concerns for universal as talking about black market compounds would.

JUGGERNAUT
05-23-09, 10:29 am
I assumed that legally obtained prescription pharmaceuticals would not hold the same liability concerns for universal as talking about black market compounds would.

It's in the rules when you signed up. OP has a DR. end of story.

MojoMike36
05-23-09, 9:15 pm
Do what Shizz said and remember less is more.

Just eat 9 times a day bro and go nuts. When you're wicked thin theres plenty of room for fat.

mritter3
05-23-09, 9:19 pm
def. ditch the trainer, wasting your time, thats good that your lifts are coming up, i would either try to find another one if you still want to go that route, or use the search function on here.....ton of different muscle building routines, diet analysis, and anything you need to get back on track...good luck.

BigChrisF
05-24-09, 4:24 am
I didn't understand that legal pharmaceuticals were in the category of "drugs" being referred to.