PDA

View Full Version : Memoires from "The Foreman."

Preston
05-21-09, 1:59 pm
"Hey guys, my names Preston and I'm going to help you prepare, cook, and dish protein heavy meals in under, somewhere near, or close to 30 minutes." - Oh yeah, Rachel Rae I took it.

There are so many things that I love to eat that I can't while I'm dieting (red meat, pastas, basically all carbohydrates except for oats and rice) which leaves me with fish and chicken and boy are those two bland as hell. Alas, I have found a solution to seasoning and cooking both of those protein power houses (and some veggies) without burning the food as there are many tricks to using a foreman to prepare yourself delicious, yet healthy food!

Along with this I will help you guys dieting, cook your carbohydrates (mainly rice, with some exceptions) show you how to keep rice fresh for a week, and how to re-dish and re-season adding more flavor to your bland food!

Preston
05-21-09, 2:34 pm
This ones great if you have time to prepare throughout the day unless you have fresh fish just laying around in your chiller. Also, this would be if you are on a high carbohydrate day (for me is 100)

I personally like to use Blue Hake for this - because it's a super flaky fish and can break up easier than say Mahi mahi or Salmon which are both darker and more "steak" like cuts of fish (Tilapia would also work great in this dish).

You'll need the following:
- Around 8-12oz of Hake or Tilapia (which typically comes out to 4 fillets of Tilapia, and 3 long cuts of hake to get in enough protein).
- 2 Cups Instant Rice
- 4-6 Pablano's
- 1 Jalapeno - Chopped

Preparing the food:
- Cut the tops off of the Pablanos, do not split them in half (how would you "stuff" them?).
- Put fish in a Zip-Loc bag, pour in some Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Garlic, Lemon Juice, and Pepper (mix that shit around).
- When the chicken broth is boiling, throw in the rice and put a lid on it and every 3 minutes move the rice around to make sure it soaks up as much of that flavor as possible. (make sure to shut off the stove!).
- Pre-heat oven to 350 for the Poblanos and spread Extra Virgin Olive Oil over the Pablanos and the ONE Jalapeno that should be chopped up to cook on a cookie sheet, or if you're fancy and have any Pampered Chef - they're cooking stones. :-P

Cooking:
- Set the foreman to medium heat to not burn the fish - Let cook for around 4-6 minutes. Watch closely and flip often so it doesn't stick.
- Once the Rice has picked up ALMOST all of the chicken broth, throw in 1/4 seasoning packet of your favorite Tex-Mex seasoning in with the rice and mix that shit around until the rice has turned "dirty."
- Toss in Poblanos for 3-4 minutes then remove immediately.

Once the fish is cooked, the rice is dirty, and the pablanos are warm BUT still crunchy then we dish.

Dishing:
- Flake up all the fish and in a separate bowl mix the rice, fish and the heated Jalapeno chops together. I know it's going to sound weird, but the lemon and Tex-Mex seasonings do go well together (tart and spicy...it's like a one-two knockout in your mouth).
- Take this mixture and shove it into the Pablano
- If you don't care about dairy at this point in your diet you can always take some Cheddar Jack cheese and sprinkle that over the top and throw them back in the oven with the oven on broil till the cheese goldens up, then remove and shut off the stove.

There ya go guys, Fish&Rice Stuffed Pablanos. Delicious and you get a very well rounded nutritious meal that is packed with protein and good quality carbohydrates! If you shop at Wal-Mart they usually have some freakin' massive Pablanos which means you could down (2) of them and get more out of your meal if your diet plan mixes well with the nutrition facts. :)

Nutrition Facts: 1 stuffed Pablano
Protein - 48G (Pending how much fish you stuff in.)
Carbohydrates - 28
Fat - 3G

These will probably only "keep" for about 3 days, after that warming them up will be disgusting because the Pablano will lose its firmness and will become very soft and squishy, and I'm also pretty sure you shouldn't keep cooked fish for that long either...it starts to smell.

EAT UP!

Preston
05-22-09, 2:36 am
I remember giving this dish to Brandona and another guy on here and they loved it, absolutely digged this dish so give 'er a try.

I usually prepare all of my dishes rather large so I can always have left overs for some nice filling meals if I for some freak reason run into a tight squeeze.

Basically you're gonna need

Chicken breasts
Green Peppers ( or Pablanos )
Jalapenos
1 Onion
1-2 cans Corn
2-3 cans (drained) Rotel

So what you'll do is cook the chicken while you're sauteing the onions and bell peppers in a skillet, once the onions are caramelized you'll want to add in the jalapenos and cans of Rotel. Wait a little while till you add the corn, then add the chicken once it's cooked and diced. If you notice that you've got a lot of residual juice left over, let it simmer on low heat for a while.

That's it dudes, and if you wanna cheat get yourself some sour cream and go to town. No carbs needed for this dish but if you wanna add some rice or some shit you can...but I'd just leave that for my Taco Chili.

mritter3
05-22-09, 11:36 am
good stuff so far preston, might try the first one on sunday when i got some time.....keep em coming, could not have picked a better time to start this thread, with project C going.

Preston
05-22-09, 12:08 pm
good stuff so far preston, might try the first one on sunday when i got some time.....keep em coming, could not have picked a better time to start this thread, with project C going.

Haha, man I got a fucking book. The last time I dieted I lost 118lbs eating delicious food like this every day. It was amazing. :) I'll post more tonight bro.

GET SHREDDED!

machineman
05-22-09, 12:19 pm
thanks for the recipes, Preston.....sound great!

Preston
05-22-09, 5:02 pm
So being in the Fire Services industry we always have monthly meetings...which is the best time where you get to strut your stuff....in the kitchen.

I absolutely LOVE the winter season because that's when chili gets put on full blast and there are no rules, and ANYTHING goes.

So here it is boys, Taco Chili : 4 Alarm Style (for you n00bs out there that means hot as fuck..and yes...I did use double zero's).

Depends on if you're cooking for yourself or a group ( if a group x everything by 3)
Ahh yes, I forgot. This really isn't something that I would eat every day....since it's red meat, but I don't know if you've ever stewed any chicken before...but it turns out nasty as hell, so this is more of a bulking dish I suppose unless your body does well with red meat then by all means, eat up!

You'll want 32-64oz of ground top sirloin

4 Jalapenos
2 Pablanos
1/2 Habanero
5 cans HOT chili beans
3 cans Green chili's
2 cans Corn

In a skillet you'll want to chop up the jalapenos into slices ...like the ones that come out of the jar, same with the pablanos and the habanero...actually, make the habanero minced...or else it'll kill someone lol.

So what you're going to do is brown all the beef up in a skillet with 2 packets of Taco Seasoning.

In a pot you're going to want to put in all the tomato paste and tomato soup shit and get it really hot, then add the beans with the HOT chili mix in the cans already, THEN you're going to want to add in an entire packet of Ranch (DRY) seasoning. I know this sounds weird, but it's going to tame it down a little...and won't burn your throat as bad. Since most of the flavors are pickled in the ranch seasoning it actually counter-acts with the hot shit so you don't get a "burn" or an "acid" flavor in your throat...it's just spicy. :)

Okay kids, once you're past that part you're going to want to take the meat, spicy crap mixture and toss it in the huge pot and let it sit...for a long while. Like, honestly 45-60 minutes on a low simmer to bring down the juice (unless you like more juice 'pansy' then you can keep it to 30-40 minutes). Okay, if you're more for the hearty chili, at 40 minutes or so throw in the cans of corn and let her finish up.

Now once this is all done you can toss this in a bowl, and if you're cheating that day you can put a dollup of sour cream in it and there ya go.

I'm sure you're asking yourself...hmmm 4 - Alarm...that doesn't sound that bad by the recipe. Just wait till you get that first bite guys, it'll definitely put you in your place. :-P

Taco Chili - 4 Alarm Style.

Nutrition Per Serving - 4 cups

Protein: 74G
Carbohydrates (if you lower the beans to one can): 43
Fats: 7
Fiber: 8
(now if you add sour cream that "nutritious" thing gets all fucked up lol)

GET SHREDDED!

strivin for more
05-22-09, 9:50 pm
Haha, man I got a fucking book. The last time I dieted I lost 118lbs eating delicious food like this every day. It was amazing. :) I'll post more tonight bro.

GET SHREDDED!

holy hell 118 pounds? thats sick dude. keep up that mindset! especially when youre gainin it back ;)

Preston
05-22-09, 10:22 pm
holy hell 118 pounds? thats sick dude. keep up that mindset! especially when youre gainin it back ;)

Well, see I tried this thing called "bulking" and totally did it wrong so I'm back to square one pullin' some old tricks outta my book trying to get it all back. :)

Digg this food man?