PDA

View Full Version : talk isn't cheap...play your game..

BEASTOFRAGE
05-23-09, 7:49 am
anyone can talk a good game...but can you back it up? ever wonder why those who talk lose? why sin tzu mention that every battle is won before it begins? we talk, we expose ourselves to thy enemy...or we can use their weapon against them...

haters...doubters...let them do the talkin for you. their words are meaningless but give false hope to your competition. let the plates talk louder than words..it always talk big...and backs it up. no one cannot doubt the iron. you see someone benching 800lbs, its undeniable unless your torn from reality and can't face the shit. reality is a bitch. it can motivate you and piss you off or you can hate it. whatever the case...keep your ass on the grind and never look up...only hear their voices...let it piss you off..don't talk back. take it our on the iron every day...let the plates pile up...become somethin...

reality is a bitch...but you already know that...you have bigger fish to fry and as the plates pile up, more haters and doubters voices you will hear. you know the end result...the outcome...play your game...
TB

BEASTOFRAGE
05-23-09, 8:09 am
while i see everyday people in the gym talkin...having a good time...socializing...its pathetic. while its a place to learn how to become a warrior...a champion...its becoming a place socialites...sad....

then they come up to me and ask dumb questions like...

"how did you get so big?"
"how did you get so strong?"

these questions should have obvious fuckin answers. so i make them short and sweet like...

"i eat, sleep, and train...period"

anyone that is there in the gym to play fuckin games won't get it. that's fine by me. anyone that is serious wouldn't ask those questions. i'm there to do work. everyday history starts over as a man without numbers and that shit can't stand. i don't like to tell people what i bench, its irrevelant. why? cause its in the past. i train now for bigger number. its no different than a sales job, you had a good day yesterday but what about tommorrow. your goin to do better? fuck yea...and put in the effort to do so. the gym is just another fuckin job...full-time job. when i'm there, i'm there to train. anyone that is serious will understand this. i'm training to get and be stronger...period!

i have accomplishments..yes..but that's not what motivates me. what motivates me is seeing the top 10 in my weight class. fuck that...the top 5. i'm not there, so what i've done means nuthin. that's my fire. everyday is geared towards that mission. i'm always askin myself everyday...WHAT'S NEXT? past numbers won't judge me...hence i'm a man without numbers...

but you can't know this unless you look into my eyes...its fire in them. i come close to vomiting for a good reason. its neccessary. i don't do this lightly...i missed day, missed rep, missed exercise just makes the journey harder and the road longer. my fault..no one elses. its how i choose to live my life...life as a man becomin a monster...life of a powerlifter...

i live like a monk, i eat, sleep, and train. i put up with my bullshit job just so i can train and do what i'm fuckin made to. i had this one kid ask me could i bench 780? i told him why? when i'm goin to bench 800. he kept askin the same dumb question over and over...that's the shit i'm talkin about...playing games. get the fuck out of my way...i'm workin.

this shit isn't a game...its my life!
TB

Vaze_06
05-23-09, 9:00 am
so.... how much can u curl in the squat rack?
Just kidding
Great post, put into words what i feel and true not many feel the same way

Big C
05-23-09, 9:58 am
Good shit Brute.....you're one of the strongest bros I've ever known so I won't ask any questions, period. Keep workin hard.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
05-23-09, 11:00 am
This thread is the truth.

BEASTOFRAGE
05-23-09, 12:13 pm
so.... how much can u curl in the squat rack?
Just kidding
Great post, put into words what i feel and true not many feel the same way

thanx!
TB

Good shit Brute.....you're one of the strongest bros I've ever known so I won't ask any questions, period. Keep workin hard.

brother, i'm always here to help cause you guys walk the same path as mine...just different directions..

This thread is the truth.

thanx!
TB

Preston
05-23-09, 9:39 pm
thanx!
TB

brother, i'm always here to help cause you guys walk the same path as mine...just different directions..

thanx!
TB

I like to think that I'm passing you... :-P JUST KIDDING. Well put bro. Lookin' great my man, lookin great. :)

BEASTOFRAGE
05-23-09, 10:16 pm
I like to think that I'm passing you... :-P JUST KIDDING. Well put bro. Lookin' great my man, lookin great. :)

thanx!
TB

BEASTOFRAGE
05-25-09, 8:38 pm
Bump!
Tb

BEASTOFRAGE
05-25-09, 9:10 pm
its simple...when its game time...its fuckin game time. that means you've done all you can do to prepare...meaning..no excuses. in powerlifting, its either you fuckin ready to do it, or you ready to watch someone else do the shit for you and when your forced to watch, its even more painful cause your gettin your ass handed to you and you can't do a thing about it. there is no pride in 2nd fuckin place...2nd sucks! just like in "over the top"...

i've had meets where i bombed out. that shit gets put out there for everyone to see. a 0 total mean bombout. then you see someone hit 2600 in your weight class mean you just got fuckin owned. i couldn't stand it at my last meet...so much rage in me i could really hulk out. i wanted to leave there and head to tuscaloosa and train that day! i didn't want to wait but experience told me i have to. in this case, i "thought" i was ready...and my teammate felt the same...cause we weren't...mentally or physically. we were left watchin someone else do weight we wanted to do...that shit pisses me off to no end and it motivated me to not let it happen again...

i did learn a lot from a bombout but nonetheless, the rage i felt was unbearable. its no less different than havin your ass handed to you by a guy who benches 200lbs more than you to get first. what does that say? was i ready? no. i didn't prepare enough in that case and was fuckin strong enough. i wasn't ready enough...simple.

lesson here...don't say.."i think i'm ready"...leave no doubt in the gym. you miss a training just keep in mind that someone out there didn't and they will be ready for you to do two things...bombout or watch them own you by several hundred pounds. powerlifting holds no complaceny. one of my teammates years ago had a debate about shirts with another guy. he's not one for debates but makes one good point and goes about his business. he told the guy this statement:

"that fine...just do it raw or get a loose single ply shirt and just sit back and let me wax your ass on the platform and take the trophy."

nuff said. people want to make excuses about rules, why their lift shouldn't of passed and why their should. i'm not different but in lookin back i really wasn't fuckin ready! be fuckin ready. either you know more or don't, either you go single or double, either you go raw or geared, either make your choice and get ready! train your ass off...powerlifting isn't for fuckin kiddies. its a competitive sport not just heavy fuckin lifting. its where you come into a meet ready or not and if your not you will get your ass waxed...period. there isn't goin to be your mommy there to tell ya that your 1st place in her eyes or your friends who tell ya that your still the shit at your gym...fuck all that! your know and see the standards...train for that. if you want to be a gymrat then don't get on the platform and let someone else who want to get on the platform do some real weightlifting and be ready for it. when its game time, your fuckin ready! if there is a doubt in your mind come meet day, then its over. confidence is everything and if you don't have confidence it will hurt cause someone will show up that will be ready and have the confidence to take home the trophy and maybe even fuck your prom date while your at it...me, i will be fuckin ready and doin everything possible and IMpossible to do it and so are my teammate at BMBB.

in conclusion, whether its powerlifting or bodybuilding, BE READY! don't slack up! put it in your mind that someone will be there...and you will face them and they will be ready too. be ready for war or be ready to be killed...it all comes down to this...

shut up and do something or let someone else do it!
TB