PDA

View Full Version : What and when carbs?

Badman
05-23-09, 12:33 pm
I have only recently started with my first animal m stak and have been impressed by the increase in muscle density, the only thing is I still have some fat around my body which needs shifting!
I currently am eating 4-5 meals a day now with carbs in each inc. protein as I am still looking to bulk up. Is there a better pattern for eating carbs?

thanks

OverDose
05-23-09, 12:41 pm
Go with slow digesting carbs most of the time, such as brown rice, yams, oats, whole grain bread, and fiberous vegtables. And if you are trying to cut down try going extremley low carbs for a few days to really kick fat burning into high gear and force your body to tap into your fat stores. Good luck.

strivin for more
05-23-09, 12:45 pm
yea id stick with the foods listed above. but other than that, id take em when you wake up, pre workout, and post workout. the morning and post workout carbs can be simple sugars, like fruit, to get your body to absorb the protein in faster. and your best bet at losing that weight is to do a couple minutes of cardio after you lift, keeping your heart rate around 130, to keep the muscle youve built up.

just my 2 cents.

OverDose
05-23-09, 1:16 pm
^agreed, except on about the cardio I personally prefer doing HIIT after lifting, it really kicks your ass and although it's hard to do when glycogen levels are low during the post-workout period, it can really help you stay lean and not affect your gains much as long as you have proper post workout nutrition. Overdose.

franklinX
05-27-09, 10:56 am
overdose... when you do the HIIT after your workout do you take your PW drink prior to doing the cardio or after?

OverDose
05-27-09, 2:49 pm
well i don't do HIIT after lifting anymore, i go in for another session 3-6 hours later for my HIIT session, but when i did do it after lifting, i would take my PWO shake after the cardio (keep in mind, i was cutting)