PDA

View Full Version : Torrent v. Nitro.

Pravus
05-23-09, 6:23 pm
Which is better for PWO? I've had Torrent, and loved everything about it. But Nitro looks real promising. Suggestions?

Elite
05-23-09, 7:04 pm
Ideally both. But to choose one over the other, then Torrent all the way. Fully comprehensive profile of the best protein and carb sources post w/o, along with a healthy dose of leucine forms and glutamine, plus creatine etc. Nitro is the best amino supplement out there, but it wont replenish glycogen and draw nutrients in like Torrent will. Plus Torrent tastes amazing.

If on a cut, then i would go with Nitro, if taking Torrent conflicted with your cutting macros.

Pravus
05-23-09, 7:25 pm
Ideally both. But to choose one over the other, then Torrent all the way. Fully comprehensive profile of the best protein and carb sources post w/o, along with a healthy dose of leucine forms and glutamine, plus creatine etc. Nitro is the best amino supplement out there, but it wont replenish glycogen and draw nutrients in like Torrent will. Plus Torrent tastes amazing.

If on a cut, then i would go with Nitro, if taking Torrent conflicted with your cutting macros.

Good call, bro. I responded super well to Torrent, but I was wondering if switching it up would be good. I'll probably be getting some more Torrent.

mritter3
05-23-09, 8:57 pm

would have to agree 100%, im on a cut, so no torrent.....the withdrawls are kicking in...

Wasteland
06-02-09, 9:57 am
Which is better for PWO? I've had Torrent, and loved everything about it. But Nitro looks real promising. Suggestions?

Torrent is much more complete, with protein and carbs. Nitro is just ffAAs (essential). Which you'd use would depend on your goals, what your nutrition looks like around your training, and other variables.

Aggression
06-02-09, 12:12 pm
Torrent is much more complete, with protein and carbs. Nitro is just ffAAs (essential). Which you'd use would depend on your goals, what your nutrition looks like around your training, and other variables.

Exactly. Best of both worlds? 2 packs (one pre/one post). Wash down the 2nd pack with your first sip of Torrent.

Big C
06-02-09, 12:41 pm
That's my regimine now. Good suggestion bro.

Exactly. Best of both worlds? 2 packs (one pre/one post). Wash down the 2nd pack with your first sip of Torrent.

Wasteland
06-02-09, 1:20 pm

2 packs? I'd probably stick to 1 pack with water or juice immediately after lifting, then follow up with Torrent, then a regular meal. I guess you could do 2 packs, but I personally wouldn't take it with the Torrent.

Aggression
06-02-09, 1:26 pm
2 packs? I'd probably stick to 1 pack with water or juice immediately after lifting, then follow up with Torrent, then a regular meal. I guess you could do 2 packs, but I personally wouldn't take it with the Torrent.

To each is own. All the juice is doing post workout is allowing the Nitro to be absorbed quicker. So my thought was if Torrent has carbs such as WM, why not take it WITH Torrent. Our boy Evan takes nitro WITH his Torrent shake.

Wasteland
06-02-09, 1:29 pm
To each is own. All the juice is doing post workout is allowing the Nitro to be absorbed quicker. So my thought was if Torrent has carbs such as WM, why not take it WITH Torrent. Our boy Evan takes nitro WITH his Torrent shake.

I'm a stickler for detail. Though Ox may take it that way, it doesn't mean it's ideal. It could be just a matter of convenience. The other aminos and WPH in Torrent may compete with the free form essential amino acids in Nitro for absorption, or at least hinder the absorption as everything sits in the stomach. If I'm going to spend money on Nitro, might as well try to get the most of out. My $0.02.

Aggression
06-02-09, 3:16 pm
I'm a stickler for detail. Though Ox may take it that way, it doesn't mean it's ideal. It could be just a matter of convenience. The other aminos and WPH in Torrent may compete with the free form essential amino acids in Nitro for absorption, or at least hinder the absorption as everything sits in the stomach. If I'm going to spend money on Nitro, might as well try to get the most of out. My $0.02.

I hear ya. Nitro can run expensive when doing 2 packs per day. I occasionally switch up with Universal BCAA 2000, or SportPharma BCAA Max to keep things changing/keep cost down. With those products, I take it the same way, pop them with Torrent. They don't specify to take them alone, which works for me.

Pravus
06-03-09, 9:50 pm
I hear ya. Nitro can run expensive when doing 2 packs per day. I occasionally switch up with Universal BCAA 2000, or SportPharma BCAA Max to keep things changing/keep cost down. With those products, I take it the same way, pop them with Torrent. They don't specify to take them alone, which works for me.

I was watching video of Ox training in the off season, and he took three plus a serving of Torrent. Holy shit.

Aggression
06-04-09, 11:04 am
I was watching video of Ox training in the off season, and he took three plus a serving of Torrent. Holy shit.

Yeah, from what he says, he loves the formula. It was funny to watch. He just kept opening up new packs and throwing them down. As I was watching it I was thinking, ''Damn! Another one?", haha.

live2lift
06-04-09, 12:55 pm

Agreed that Nitro can get expensive running 2 packs a day, but let's also keep in mind that Nitro and Torrent only need be taken on training days IMO you don't need too many supps at all for that matter on off days(which saves you some coin). Just my 2 cents though.

Peace

Aggression
06-04-09, 12:58 pm
Agreed that Nitro can get expensive running 2 packs a day, but let's also keep in mind that Nitro and Torrent only need be taken on training days IMO you don't need too many supps at all for that matter on off days(which saves you some coin). Just my 2 cents though.

Peace

Agreed. On off-days, I just run my Pak, Omega, EAA stack (sometimes) and have my 4 creatine chews. Not too much at all.