PDA

View Full Version : My journey - Overdose

OverDose
05-23-09, 10:28 pm
Tommorow marks the first day of my bulk up, i've been cutting down for the past 16 weeks, from 217 down to about 179 now, and after taking this week off from lifting to give my body a break after all those weeks of intense training, i'm going to be using the same split that i've used in the past and seen great results with:

Sunday- cardio
Monday- chest/traps/calves
Tuesday- back/abs
Wednsday- cardio
Thursday- shoulders/abs
Friday- arms/forearms
Saturday- legs/calves/abs

I'm going to be doing cardio pretty much every day, either right after lifting or in another session during the day, as for the type of cardio, i'm going to do mostly HIIT, and unlike last time i bulked up, i'm going to be much better with my diet, so i don't add a bunch of bodyfat like i did the last time i bulked up. I'm about to go to the gym tonight for a quick cardio session, and then get home and get to sleep and start up tomorow morning by doing my Monday workout (even though it's Sunday), hitting my chest, traps, and calves. I'll keep this thread updated regularly with my progress. Thanks for taking the time to read. Overdose.

OverDose
05-24-09, 3:38 pm
Today marked the first day of my journey back up to around 200, for breakfast i had my usual protein pancakes with a few tablespoons of powerbutter, took my n.o, creatine, bcaa, ecdysteronoe/kre-alkyn, and flaxseed oil, and headed off to the gym. I'm already off to a great start, i was really feeling it in the gym, and i hadn't even lost much strength since i started cutting. After blasting my chest, bis, calves and abs, i came home and had my post workout shake: 2 scoops of whey, 1/2 cup of eziekel cereal, and 1 teaspoon of glutamine. For the simple carbs I got about 70 grams from fat free fig newtons and chocolate pudding, and I also had an ounce of almonds.

I was supposed to get around 20 minutes of cardio in after my workout today but I ended up not doing it, so i'm going back tonight for a session of high intensity cardio. Since i'm trying to stay as lean as i can while i bulk up this time, my schedule includes lots of cardio, and I eat a super clean diet. Day 1 went well, and hopefully i can stay on this same path through the rest of my journey. Overdose

OverDose
05-24-09, 9:47 pm
Just got back from my cardio session, it went great, i feel like i got alot acomplished, i did HIIT for about 34 minutes on the elliptical with a work to rest ratio of about 20:40 seconds, my heartrate got up there, being above 165 after the first two intervals, and going up as high as 180 towards the end, i burned around 560 calories. Many of you may think this is too much cardio to be doing on a bulk....but from experience i've noticed that i don't have much trouble putting on muscle, my troubles are mostly with staying lean while i do it, which is why this time around i've decided to keep my diet super-clean and do a good amount of cardio 4-6 times a week to make sure i stay as lean as possible while i bulk up. Tomorow is just cardio, then on Tuesday i go to hit back and abs, which should be fun. Thanks for taking the time to read. Overdose

OverDose
05-26-09, 6:24 pm
Just got back about 2 hours ago from training my back/calves/abs, i really tore it up, and i feel like i haven't lost much strength since i started cutting, and I'm already starting to feel stronger, as now i'm actually eating alot of carbs. My workout went like this:
4 sets deadlifts (pyramiding from 235 to 275)
2 sets barbell rows
2 sets dumbelll rows
2 sets chins
3 sets standing calf raises
3 sets seated calf raises
2 sets weighted decline situps
2 sets weighted roman chair side twists
2 sets hanging leg raises
2 sets dumbell side bends

All sets were kept in the 4-8 rep range, except for the calves and abs which were in the 15-30 rep range.

After my workout i had my postworkout shake with 55g of whey, 5g glutamine, and 5g creatine, i took my BCAA tablets, and then i had a cup of low-fat sorbet with a few fig newtons (mmmmm). About 45 minutes later i consumed my meal which consisted of 8 oz of 96% lean ground beef, about 2 cups brown rice, green onions and broccoli. Now I'm relaxing a bit until my next meal which is in about 2 hours (turkey, half a yam, and broccoli) and then heading off to the gym again for my cardio session (30-45 minutes of HIIT in elliptical). After i get back i'm done with my cardio i'm going to pre-cook my turkey burgers for school tomorow, eat my pre-bed meal of egg whites and walnuts, take another 5g of glutamine and 1000mg of flaxseed, and hit the hay. Thanks for reading. Overdose

OverDose
05-28-09, 9:38 pm
Today i hit up my shoulders, abs, and calves at the gym, i had a fairly good workout, although i was a bit tired from lack of sleep the previous night, here is how it went:

Dumbbell overhead presses- 4 sets of 4-8 reps (first set 8, then increasing weight more and more until i could only do 4)
Side laterals- 2 sets of 10-15 reps
Forward laterals- 2 sets of 10-15 reps
Rear laterals- 2 sets of 10-15 reps

Standing calf raises- 3 sets of 25
Seated calf raises- 5 sets of 25

Weighted decline situps- 2 sets of 25
Roman chair side twists with a plate- 2 sets of 30 (15 each side)
Hanging leg raises- 2 sets of 12-15
Weighted side bends- 2 sets of 15

I'm currently training my calves and abs 3 times a week, as they need alot of punishment before they blow up like some of my other bodyparts,this is what my split looks like at the moment:

Sunday- cardio
Monday- chest/traps
Tuesday- back/calves/abs
Wedensday- cardio
Thursday- shoulders/calves/abs
Friday- arms/forearms
Saturday- legs/cales/abs

i do about 30 minutes of HIIT cardio on the elliptical just about every day, i go lift in the morning, and go in for my cardio session in the evening or at night.

Anyways this first week of my bulk has been going fairly well, i'm training hard every day, getting a shitload of quality calories in every day, and resting plenty, i'm at about 183 now, and hopefully i can keep gaining until i reach my goal. Peace brother, thanks for reading. Overdose