PDA

View Full Version : Sweat Aint Pretty, But Its Honest

belladiabla13
05-24-09, 3:59 pm
I walk into the gym. First ones in the door this morning. My hair is pulled back. No makeup. My shorts falling off because they are 3 sizes too big. I look like another person could fit into my t-shirt with me, but I dont give a damn. I ain't here to look cute, I am here to bust my ass.
We trained shoulders today. One of my weakest body parts for many years now. Tore a rotater cuff in 1999 then had it re injured in 2003. Every time I press with it, I know I am taking a chance.
Today my shoulders feel strong. I am lifting for strength 5x5. I can barely get the weight up on my own the first set so Chuck gives me a lift. The second set, the same. Third set, I find that place deep inside. I go back to the day in 2003 when it was injured..... I was picking my kids up from their visit with my ex husband. He was pissed that day, as usual, because he could no longer control my life. He and I had words, next thing I know.. he punched me in the back of my shoulder right in front of my kids. 6 feet tall and 240lbs and felt the need to punch me when I wasn't looking. I felt the familiar pain. Instantly I knew, it was out. Took my air.

He spent 48 hours in County, and here I am 6 years later still trying to heal. Today that pain and feeling of helplessness was my friend. Today it made me strong. Today it put up my 3rd,4th and 5th sets. I wish that motherfucker would try hitting me like that again. I think he would be surprised at what happened next.

Finish lifting, then its 30 minutes on the Eliptical. About 15 minutes into it my feet are numb from standing in the same spot and my body wants to stop. But, I press forward. I know when its starts to burn, its making the changes I want and need in my life.
A couple of lil pretty boys walk in. They stare at the big girl on the Elipitcal. I see them glare. They have a couple hundred dollars of clothes on backs. Expensive shoes. They probably spent 45 minutes getting ready for the gym. I laugh when 10 minutes after they start lifting, they are walking their sorry asses back out the door to get some water and talk. Guess they didn't want to get sweat on their pretty clothes.

Moral of my story? Sweat ain't fucking pretty.... Change is not easy. If you want to be strong, you have to work for it. I am working for it every fuckin day. Its the most honest thing I know next to loving my family and that is fucking beautiful!

"Pain is not my enemy. Its my call to greatness" ~Henry Rollins~

www.myspace.com/luckybella13

Bella's Journey- http://forum.animalpak.com/showthrea...751#post680751

Gaoshang Xiongshou
05-24-09, 6:52 pm
That was awesome!!!

belladiabla13
05-25-09, 10:46 am
thank you

osiris
05-26-09, 6:18 am
That's the coolest post I've read in a long while.

Shamus11B
05-26-09, 6:25 am
My good god I will never mess with bella. No you stay strong bella build that muscle up around the injury and keep taking charge and making your own destiny.
-Shamus-

belladiabla13
05-26-09, 3:25 pm
My good god I will never mess with bella. No you stay strong bella build that muscle up around the injury and keep taking charge and making your own destiny.
-Shamus-

LOL..Thanks

belladiabla13
05-26-09, 3:25 pm
That's the coolest post I've read in a long while.

THANK YOU!

J-DOG
05-27-09, 10:46 pm
Bella you are an inspiration to us all both male and female. I give you much respect for getting in the gym and focusing on the task at hand which is to rehab your shoulder and be the best you can be!
It was a unfortunate situation that happened with your ex ( the gutless punk) but it has given you something new.... and that would be PERSPECTIVE.
You now have a new way of looking at things and reevaluated what is important to you like your kids and your health! It takes real courage to channel that pain and frustration especially when the weights get tough but you are definetly up for the challenge!

Dont dwell on the past and just set your sights on what you can become because you will be amazed i am sure! As for the Calender boys (that is what i call them because they are a pretty bunch who dont like to sweat) just shrug it off and know that at the end of your sessions you are one step closer to acheiving your goals!

Much respect now get back in the gym and lift like a woman possesed!

Peace

J