PDA

View Full Version : Machida TKO Evans

r-ace-f
05-26-09, 6:33 am
Did anyone watch? spectacular from the dragon! don't know if rampage will be able to handle him. The ultimate matchup would be him and Anderson Silva (since he is fighting at 205 against Forrest Griffin), but Anderson has said their friends and it's Machida's division. Anyway, great knockout!!

Breadfan63
05-26-09, 7:05 am
Machida is impressive. Especially now that he is getting more and more comfortable in the octagon. Quite the impressive victory over a game opponent for sure. Did you notice that even when he was throwing the last couple punches that spelled the end for Rashad......He was still dodging the flaling arms of Rashad?! That guy is sick. He's going to be alot for anyone at 205 to contend with because nobody can hit him. Ya know, I gotta say that I didnt use to be a fan of Rashad, but he converted me the more I watched him. He seems like a class act and a great athlete, but I was kinda pullin for Machida.

The Serra/Hughes decision kinda pissed me off though. Yeah, he got the takedowns but Matt Hughes didnt land anything substantial the entire 15 minutes of the fight. I've got a lot of respect for Hughes, but I think he's done. I'm not a huge fan of his, so if he wants to keep fighting and destroy his legacy, then that's on him. GSP will gorilla rape him again, and I think he knows that. It's watching Chuck lose that really gets me. He's the reason I follow the UFC. I hope he's retired for real. He has given us quite a highlight reel of KO's.

Sherk really disappointed me too. I think he should have taken Edgar down more. He's so concerned with the fans seeing an "exciting stand up fight" that he seems to have lost the will to win. His arms are too short to really mix it up with a lot of guys standing up. Just because your boxing is polished, doesn't mean that you're going to be able to connect. I'm a Sherk fan, but up until Saturday he had only been defeated by the best....Nothing against Edgar, but at best, he's an up-and-comer and not really in the league of the other three that hold victories over Sherk.

J Wong
05-26-09, 7:06 am
Lyoto Machida will have the belt for along time.

r-ace-f
05-26-09, 2:42 pm
Machida is impressive. Especially now that he is getting more and more comfortable in the octagon. Quite the impressive victory over a game opponent for sure. Did you notice that even when he was throwing the last couple punches that spelled the end for Rashad......He was still dodging the flaling arms of Rashad?! That guy is sick. He's going to be alot for anyone at 205 to contend with because nobody can hit him. Ya know, I gotta say that I didnt use to be a fan of Rashad, but he converted me the more I watched him. He seems like a class act and a great athlete, but I was kinda pullin for Machida.

The Serra/Hughes decision kinda pissed me off though. Yeah, he got the takedowns but Matt Hughes didnt land anything substantial the entire 15 minutes of the fight. I've got a lot of respect for Hughes, but I think he's done. I'm not a huge fan of his, so if he wants to keep fighting and destroy his legacy, then that's on him. GSP will gorilla rape him again, and I think he knows that. It's watching Chuck lose that really gets me. He's the reason I follow the UFC. I hope he's retired for real. He has given us quite a highlight reel of KO's.

Sherk really disappointed me too. I think he should have taken Edgar down more. He's so concerned with the fans seeing an "exciting stand up fight" that he seems to have lost the will to win. His arms are too short to really mix it up with a lot of guys standing up. Just because your boxing is polished, doesn't mean that you're going to be able to connect. I'm a Sherk fan, but up until Saturday he had only been defeated by the best....Nothing against Edgar, but at best, he's an up-and-comer and not really in the league of the other three that hold victories over Sherk.

The LH division is crazy at the moment. Although Chuck's leaving (hate to see him KO'd again - Rashad's one was the worst), there are tons of quality fighters all going after that belt. Rich Franklin is going to beat Wanderlei Silva (i hope) and then he's climbing the ladder again. Dan Henderson, Michael Bisping, Rampage Jackson, Shogun, Forrest, Evans, Anderson Silva maybe, Thiago Silva, Lyoto obviously. It's crazy can't wait for the action.

Ya Sherk should go back to taking guys down and feeding them elbows and fists. That guy trains so damn hard would like to see him get back into the W column. Frankie Edgar..ya I don't know he'll have to prove himself.
Hughes and Serra - a tough one. U could probably argue it both ways. With the current MMA scoring system, take downs and top control counts for a lot, although he didn't do much from there.

What do you guys think about Franklin vs Silva?

What do

J Wong
05-26-09, 2:49 pm

I hope Silva wins. He needs it a lot more then Franklin.

Breadfan63
05-26-09, 4:29 pm
The LH division is crazy at the moment. Although Chuck's leaving (hate to see him KO'd again - Rashad's one was the worst), there are tons of quality fighters all going after that belt. Rich Franklin is going to beat Wanderlei Silva (i hope) and then he's climbing the ladder again. Dan Henderson, Michael Bisping, Rampage Jackson, Shogun, Forrest, Evans, Anderson Silva maybe, Thiago Silva, Lyoto obviously. It's crazy can't wait for the action.

You're absolutley right. I wont stop watching, it's just that if it werent for Chuck...I wouldnt have ever started watching to begin with.

I'm not so sure about this one. I think Franklin will probably win. The days of the overly aggressive, swing for the fences Wanderlei are over. He's still got some fight left in him, but the shelf life on these top level fighters is so short. I think the concussions start to really take their toll. I'm a HUGE Wanderlei fan, but I dont see him winning this one. Franklin will come in with a reach advantage and I think it will come into play. I dont know if Wanderlei still has the power that he used to. He looked good against Jardine, but Jardine is kind of a wild card. One time out he might score a victory over someone that he shouldnt, and the next might be a Houston Alexander moment for him.

I like Franklin and Wanderlei, but I dont think Franklin is as good as people say he is. The only 185's that are worth writing home about have beaten him, and he doesnt really have any wins over well ranked fighters. Anderson Silva beat him and Hendo beat him. I think Hendo has the tools to beat Anderson Silva if he gets another chance. I think Hendo vs Anderson would be a great one at 205 which is where I think Hendo feels more comfortable. The reason he's at 85 right now is because of the lack of talent in that division.

Hendo vs Bisping.....I dont want to sound like a nut rider, but I think Hendo is going to slaughter Bisping and I hope he does. I'm a Hendo fan for sure.

r-ace-f
05-26-09, 5:07 pm
You're absolutley right. I wont stop watching, it's just that if it werent for Chuck...I wouldnt have ever started watching to begin with.

I'm not so sure about this one. I think Franklin will probably win. The days of the overly aggressive, swing for the fences Wanderlei are over. He's still got some fight left in him, but the shelf life on these top level fighters is so short. I think the concussions start to really take their toll. I'm a HUGE Wanderlei fan, but I dont see him winning this one. Franklin will come in with a reach advantage and I think it will come into play. I dont know if Wanderlei still has the power that he used to. He looked good against Jardine, but Jardine is kind of a wild card. One time out he might score a victory over someone that he shouldnt, and the next might be a Houston Alexander moment for him.

I like Franklin and Wanderlei, but I dont think Franklin is as good as people say he is. The only 185's that are worth writing home about have beaten him, and he doesnt really have any wins over well ranked fighters. Anderson Silva beat him and Hendo beat him. I think Hendo has the tools to beat Anderson Silva if he gets another chance. I think Hendo vs Anderson would be a great one at 205 which is where I think Hendo feels more comfortable. The reason he's at 85 right now is because of the lack of talent in that division.

Hendo vs Bisping.....I dont want to sound like a nut rider, but I think Hendo is going to slaughter Bisping and I hope he does. I'm a Hendo fan for sure.

I agree, Henderson should win this one. Although Bisping will definatly give him a tough go I think. Ya Henderson did well in his first chance against Silva-maybe he can pull it of?I don't know.
The Henderson and Franklin fight - razor split decision hey. Franklin won in my eyes (which might be biased since he's one of my favourite).

J Wong
05-26-09, 5:10 pm

Franklin has only lost to one person in the MW division, which was Anderson Silva.. and he isn't the only MW "worth writing home about". His fight with Hendo was very close, and was at LHW.

C.Coronato
05-26-09, 5:20 pm

Ya Sherk should go back to taking guys down and feeding them elbows and fists. That guy trains so damn hard would like to see him get back into the W column. Frankie Edgar..ya I don't know he'll have to prove himself.

Edgar is from my home town. He is a freak of nature. I agree he is still very young, but the boy is hungry to succeed. I think in his time he will prove his own ..

J Wong
05-26-09, 5:22 pm
Edgar is from my home town. He is a freak of nature. I agree he is still very young, but the boy is hungry to succeed. I think in his time he will prove his own ..

I agree, Edgar proved himself against Sherk. He is going to be a force in the LW division soon enough.

Breadfan63
05-26-09, 7:11 pm
Franklin has only lost to one person in the MW division, which was Anderson Silva.. and he isn't the only MW "worth writing home about". His fight with Hendo was very close, and was at LHW.

Fair enough. Who do you think is his biggest win? Ken Shamrock had already started his decent when Franklin got him. I mean, I understand if he's one of your favorites, he's a class act and I think he's great for the sport. I'm a fan too, but I just dont think he is as great as people say he is. Just my opinion. You know what they say about opinions.

bobbymart
05-27-09, 10:00 am

Hughes and Serra - a tough one. U could probably argue it both ways. With the current MMA scoring system, take downs and top control counts for a lot, although he didn't do much from there.

What do

bisbing will not fight at 205 anymore he was not good at all at that weight I am not a bisbing fan I think he will get ko'd by Hendo

GJN5002
05-27-09, 10:24 am
bisbing will not fight at 205 anymore he was not good at all at that weight I am not a bisbing fan I think he will get ko'd by Hendo

I agree. The more I watch the ultimate fighter the less I like bisbing and the more I like Henderson.

bobbymart
05-27-09, 10:31 am
the reson I dont like Bisbing is his arogance without very impressive performances he dances around a lot but he never puts anyone away it is one thing to be elusive but you got to back it up with ko power or some sick bjj like machida he never gets hit he is elusive but he ko's people oe the diaz brothers they are elusive but htey submit or ko people I have yet to see that from bisbing... maybe he will suprise me

violator
06-03-09, 7:30 am
Lyoto Machida will have the belt for along time.

Damn right!...viva Machida!....long live the Dragon!

the reson I dont like Bisbing is his arogance without very impressive performances he dances around a lot but he never puts anyone away it is one thing to be elusive but you got to back it up with ko power or some sick bjj like machida he never gets hit he is elusive but he ko's people oe the diaz brothers they are elusive but htey submit or ko people I have yet to see that from bisbing... maybe he will suprise me

WHAT?....are we watching the same guy?....agreed the count wasnt any good at 205...but at 185 hes walking thru cats....shit, werent his first 4 or 5 fights at 185 KOs or stoppages?
as far as i remember the only one that went the distance was the crippler..and shit, his face looked like hamburger afterward...havent seen somone take a beating like that & not go down since ken shamrock vs tito ortiz....haha...
i dont think Bispings ready for a shot at the spider tho....but soon his time will come...

Firefist
06-03-09, 8:20 am
back to the first post. about the silva/forrest fight. I'm not a casual mma fan, i dont watch tuf, and i have no interest in tapout shirts, but I am 100% pulling for forrest to beat silva.