PDA

View Full Version : i have finally found a good routine

envy425
05-27-09, 2:43 am
i lift whenever i feel like it. no schedule (but there is only one day of break at any given time maybe ill lift 3 days in a row then take a day off or day on day off et etc)

its a 2 stage system i have been using. lift for 2 weeks with low reps high weight then one week with light weight many reps.

there are only 2 days of lifting. day one go in do bench press, dips, skull crushers, dumbell press.
day 2 go in do barbell curls, bycep 21's, deadlifts.

week 1 i did a single set of each exercise for really high reps until failure (usually around 35) and i did pushups and situps every day (usually 6 sets of however many i could do)

week 2 and 2 i do 6 sets of 10 or 5 sets of 12 for each lift. whichever i think is gonna work better depending on how i felt. did pushups and situps on my off days for 6 sets of 16

week 4 i switched it up. i did 5 sets of 10 or 4 sets of 12. same routine in the same order just different sets and reps. no more pushups and situps

week 5 and 6 was power lifting. i did 5 sets of 6 to 8 reps for everything.

i ate like a human being throughout this. 4 meals a day not really big meals just a tuna sandwich a apple and a glass of milk basically. the only supp i used was creatine in my water that i drink while i lift and in the morning on days i dont.

NOW FOR THE RESULTS
week 1 (first day in the basement) i benched 115 x 1 max. i deadlifted 120 once i believe (withing 5 pounds of that).

3 days ago at my buddys house i bench pressed 195 once and deadlifted 325 and on a leg press did 275 once.

IM FREAKIN HYPED in 6 weeks i almost doubled my bench and almost trippled my deadlift

prowrestler
05-27-09, 11:41 am
You ate like a human being...? ill leave that 1 alone

now you said you found a good routine.... ok....

ughm, your increase in the dead is probably due to the fact you adressed a technical problem or mental one, guaranteed you could start out deadlifting over 120lbs. thats mental/technical issues. and beginner gains.

my warning will be watch for how much longer that will happen.

your program is way to all over the place, and its almost "anti planned". not good.

i have no idea what your goals are but i can say that you should deffinatly find a more organised plan then whatever that one above is.

ps 5 sets of 6-8 reps on everything is NOT powerlifting. especialy considering you dont squat...

machineman
05-27-09, 12:34 pm
gotta agree with pro....you need a more structured approach....and you need to address the eating.....what are you goals?

live2lift
05-27-09, 2:08 pm
First of all congrats on your acheivements...but like others have said on here, it will slow down. Everyone makes good gains in the beginning but you have to smart enough to change things up when the progress starts to stall so that you dont fall into the rut that alot of lifters do. Stay strong bro and keep up the good work.

Peace

envy425
05-27-09, 4:00 pm
my goals are to start physically fit and lift however feels good basically. i dont want to do powerlifting if i dont feel like it and i dont want to do endurance stuff if i dont feel like it.

when i say eat like a human being i mean i didnt take in 300 grams of protien or carbs on any day. i ate healthy but i ate what i wanted to eat... and i only ate about 4 times a day everyday.

also yea it could be beginners gains but i dont care how i get the gains im just happy i got em.

but yea i will try to get into a more organized program but and make sure im lifting with a purpose im more just excited that i got the first stage done.

and lastly i forgot to mention i gained 8 pounds throughout this. another very cool thing to me

LegendKillerJosh
05-27-09, 4:04 pm
nothing for quads or calves?

K Stro24
05-27-09, 10:55 pm
I dont even really know what to say here but....I'll agree with pro about the mental thing with the deadlift, you probably could have easily increased when u first began. Your bench may have gone up 80 or so pounds but ill bet it doesnt move for a couple weeks or so if you dont begin to squat, eat properly to gain strength and mass, and if you dont squat.

You are pretty unclear about your goals, they dont really make sense. If your just trying to stay physically fit stick with your basics. other than that, if you want to see more improvement, you might wanna try some of our tips out, unless of course you are the super human freak of nature

envy425
05-27-09, 11:55 pm
no im not claiming to be super human or anything. but you say my bench is going to plateau unless i start to squat?

i am interested in incorporating squating into my routine but i dont have a gym membership and the bench i have doesnt have a setup so i can do squats. the most i could really do is dumbell squats

envy425
05-27-09, 11:58 pm
and also i didnt really change up the routine soo often because it was planned out. i more or less played it by how my body reacted. as soon started feeling less burn and was getting bored of the same setup i switched it up.

BeastCook
05-28-09, 12:24 am
i lift whenever i feel like it. no schedule (but there is only one day of break at any given time maybe ill lift 3 days in a row then take a day off or day on day off et etc)

its a 2 stage system i have been using. lift for 2 weeks with low reps high weight then one week with light weight many reps.

there are only 2 days of lifting. day one go in do bench press, dips, skull crushers, dumbell press.
day 2 go in do barbell curls, bycep 21's, deadlifts.

week 1 i did a single set of each exercise for really high reps until failure (usually around 35) and i did pushups and situps every day (usually 6 sets of however many i could do)

week 2 and 2 i do 6 sets of 10 or 5 sets of 12 for each lift. whichever i think is gonna work better depending on how i felt. did pushups and situps on my off days for 6 sets of 16

week 4 i switched it up. i did 5 sets of 10 or 4 sets of 12. same routine in the same order just different sets and reps. no more pushups and situps

week 5 and 6 was power lifting. i did 5 sets of 6 to 8 reps for everything.

i ate like a human being throughout this. 4 meals a day not really big meals just a tuna sandwich a apple and a glass of milk basically. the only supp i used was creatine in my water that i drink while i lift and in the morning on days i dont.

NOW FOR THE RESULTS
week 1 (first day in the basement) i benched 115 x 1 max. i deadlifted 120 once i believe (withing 5 pounds of that).

3 days ago at my buddys house i bench pressed 195 once and deadlifted 325 and on a leg press did 275 once.

IM FREAKIN HYPED in 6 weeks i almost doubled my bench and almost trippled my deadlift

its begginner gains and it looks like your creatine is working, enjoy it while it last but you gota get a gym membership, unless u wanna be a powerlifter, which isnt bad at all