PDA

View Full Version : All you bro! All you!

Pages : [1] 2

The Sun
05-27-09, 9:49 am
What the hell, I'm back.
been through this cut in the past 8 weeks, went from 180 to 165 and got leaner without losing strength.

this log is a Madcow for intermediate lifters 5x5. already been on this for the past 5 weeks.
been working my form on all lifts lately, so I'm pretty much lower than I was on the deadlift and squat, but only for good.

current max lifts:
deadlift 340
squat 255
bench 230
power clean 165
strict press 145

last sunday's workout:
squat 45,60,72,87x5,100KGx3 (failed at 4th rep)
bench 40,55,70,85x5,97x3 (failed at 4th)
strict row (from the floor, also known as Pendlay rows) 40,50,50,60,72x5
power cleans w/ 60 KG working on technique.
decline crunches w/ 15KG

last Tuesday workout:
worked squat form, I'm losing the arch on the bottom so I'm trying to fix that right now.
squat 45,60,72,72x5
strict press 20,30,45x5,60x4 (failed at 5th, that's my current reps PR)
deadlift 60,85,100,115x5

I'm just done with the cut, so I'll start eating again on maintance, though I'll minimize the carbs to the minimum. want to stay lean for the summer as much as possible. hot Israel rocks :)

any questions are welcome

The Sun
05-28-09, 5:33 am
Found out that I'm lacking some real hamstring flexibility, worked on stretching drills on the off day.

will keep on working my squat form, I'm losing my arch at the bottom due to a serious lack of hamstrings flexibility.

The Sun
05-28-09, 1:07 pm
tonight's workout:

squat 45,60,72,87x5,100x2,100x2,100x2,72x8
bench 40,60,72,85x5,97x3,72x8
Pendlay row bar,40,50,62x5,75x3,50x8
Powerclean 50x3(hang),50x3,60x2,60x2,65x3,60x2
Powerclean&pushpress 50x3,60x1,50x3

I tend to have a serious problem out of the bottom on the squat, here's vids of doubles from the workout:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPc5n9CpsTo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm6mybFn9lg

and the powerclean /w 65, I know that's a horrible form but with 60 it looks waaaaaaaay better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFkNyt1d4TA

J Wong
05-28-09, 1:14 pm
Good to have you back! I have a suggestion with squat form... try and not keep your elbows out like that. Kind of have them under the bar.

The Sun
05-28-09, 1:16 pm
Good to have you back! I have a suggestion with squat form... try and not keep your elbows out like that. Kind of have them under the bar.

Rippetoe says the other way, elbows up to keep the chest up :o
are you sure you're referring to the Low-bar squat?

JUGGERNAUT
05-28-09, 1:21 pm
Blast it SUN

Young&Hungry
05-28-09, 6:34 pm
Rippetoe says the other way, elbows up to keep the chest up :o
are you sure you're referring to the Low-bar squat?

Boom has it right. To keep the chest up you must force the elbows under the bar, almost try to make them in line with the bar. In your video I see you're bowing over at the waist coming out of the hole, causing your back to round and chest to cave in. You having your elbows not in line with the bar and all the way behind you is responsible for that. Doing this makes the squat a lot harder because you're not upright. By forcing the elbows under the bar it forces you to stay upright (arched back, tight upper back, proud chest, upper body stays on the same plane from start to finish).

shizz702
05-28-09, 6:47 pm
Alright sun glad to have you back! Looking foward to seeing how you do on madcow.

J Wong
05-28-09, 7:10 pm
Boom has it right. To keep the chest up you must force the elbows under the bar, almost try to make them in line with the bar. In your video I see you're bowing over at the waist coming out of the hole, causing your back to round and chest to cave in. You having your elbows not in line with the bar and all the way behind you is responsible for that. Doing this makes the squat a lot harder because you're not upright. By forcing the elbows under the bar it forces you to stay upright (arched back, tight upper back, proud chest, upper body stays on the same plane from start to finish).

Yeah... and I just looked up some youtube videos of Rippetoe's "students" and Rippetoe doing squats themselves, and their elbows are out like The Sun's.... their backs are also round a little as well. Not trying to go against one of the best strength coaches in the world, but I know many greats in powerlifting squat with their elbows under the bar as well.

The Sun
05-29-09, 4:21 am
Blast it SUN
You know I'm just doing my best... and beyond.

Alright sun glad to have you back! Looking foward to seeing how you do on madcow.
thanks brother, some changes may come in though because I'm off a cut and I might start an advanced version of starting strength routine, with squatting progression 2 times a week.
updates soon.

Yeah... and I just looked up some youtube videos of Rippetoe's "students" and Rippetoe doing squats themselves, and their elbows are out like The Sun's.... their backs are also round a little as well. Not trying to go against one of the best strength coaches in the world, but I know many greats in powerlifting squat with their elbows under the bar as well.

I hear you bros, like boom said - this is how I was taught to squat. hopefully the stretches will fix my flexibility issues and I will be able to squat down without shifting forward out the hole.

wedge
05-29-09, 12:38 pm
Nice to see you back around Sun. I'll be checking in.

The Sun
05-29-09, 12:58 pm
Nice to see you back around Sun. I'll be checking in.

never been "away", only disguised.
thanks for checking.

NJC_Manhattan
05-29-09, 2:04 pm
I think im subbd for this. looking forward to big things

The Sun
05-29-09, 2:18 pm
I think im subbd for this. looking forward to big things
welcome in to a weak dude journey in the strive of big loaded bars.

The Sun
05-31-09, 6:02 am
so, I'm starting to have a weird aches in my right shoulder right in the lateral head, I hope it's nothing serious and I'll be able to set a bench PR tonight with 97KG for 5 reps. I'll check how it feels in the warmup, if it goes all wrong then I won't be benching and I'll work something else.

The Sun
05-31-09, 2:41 pm
tonight:

squat: 45,60,72,85x5 100x2(failed at 3rd), 100x1(failed at 2nd)
bench 40,60,72,85,97x3(failed at 4th)
pendlay row 40,40,50,62,75x5
powerclean 50x3,60x3,60x3,65x1,70x1,75x0,75x0 (damn!)

I'll start learning the high-bar squat because I tend to fall forward at the low bar and lose my arch, making me to GM my way up. hopefully high-bar won't let that happen.
stuck at the bench again. going to try 100kg for a triple on thursday, if that won't succeed then it's time for a reset on the weights.
powerclean went pretty good, I got a good single with 70 (video) and 75 went up just enough so I could get underneath it, but I didn't. shame on me. twice.

pretty frustrated from this workout.

powerclean 70kg :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2Ewrsbet8

The Sun
05-31-09, 3:02 pm
powerclean 75kg fail:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giVkxRMQej0

couldn't get underneath the bar.

The Sun
05-31-09, 4:21 pm
new plan for the upcoming month(s?)

A:
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Powerclean

B:
Squat 3x5
Press 3x5
Bent over rows 3x5
powercleans ?

C:
Squat 3x5
Bench\press 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
pullups

will start working on a highbar squat in-order to keep my back in the right position during the squat.
anyone has a suggestion as referring to the powercleans? I want to work them twice a week, so could I do them on the A & B workout and not interfere with the deadlift on C?

shizz702
05-31-09, 4:53 pm
Hey sun,

scroll through this page here http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/After_Starting_Strength

It has all kinds of SS variations to choose from.

The Sun
06-01-09, 10:17 am
thanks for the information Shizz.
I am still wondering if that's possible to do powercleans twice a week and a heavy deadlift, couldn't find an answer to that.

shizz702
06-01-09, 10:53 am
How bout doing this then:

Mon

Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Power clean 5x3

Wed

Front squat (or 80% of Monday's sets squats)
Press 3x5
Deadlift 1x5

Fri

Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Power clean 5x3

Have you thought about doing the Texas Method?

The Sun
06-01-09, 11:03 am
How bout doing this then:

Mon

Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Power clean 5x3

Wed

Front squat (or 80% of Monday's sets squats)
Press 3x5
Deadlift 1x5

Fri

Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Power clean 5x3

Have you thought about doing the Texas Method?

I'm concerned about the rows - I've read that they are very good as an auxiliary for your bench. and I don't know how will the deadlifts\powercleans affect each other.

I think it's a little early for me to start with the TM, I just have to eat more and fix my squat form of good-morning out the bottom so I can progress more.
thanks for the help brother, I knew I have to ask you :()

shizz702
06-01-09, 11:14 am
Well chins and pullups also make excellent assistance for the bench and other pulling movements.

Also, you can alternate benching/pressing.

So how bout this?

Mon

Squat
Bench/press
power clean

assistance: chins

Wed

Front squat
press/bench
deadlifts

Fri

Squat
bench/press
power cleans

assistance: pullups

By doing that you'll never get stale, have plenty of time to recover, and have strong, healthy shoulders. You'll also get the added assistance of the chins and pullups to supplement the rows.

shizz702
06-01-09, 11:19 am
Also, the deads and cleans won't have any negative effect on each other, the power clean load is so light relative the deadlift, and the deadlift makes the power clean easier cause it teaches you to break maximal weights off the floor and strengthens your first pull on the clean.

The Sun
06-01-09, 11:20 am
looks pretty good.
I thought the rows are better as assistance because it works on the same plane like the bench press.

I thought it was obvious I'll alternate the bench\press :)

are you sure my lumbar muscles will stand through the storm? I pull from the floor on the middle of the week a heavy set of deadlifts. won't that be counterproductive with the powercleans on the 3rd workout?

The Sun
06-01-09, 11:21 am
Also, the deads and cleans won't have any negative effect on each other, the power clean load is so light relative the deadlift, and the deadlift makes the power clean easier cause it teaches you to break maximal weights off the floor and strengthens your first pull on the clean.

thanks! that was very informative. makes me feel an asshole for not thinking about that by myself!

:) :) thanks alot bro. now I just have to fix my squats, argh.

The Sun
06-01-09, 11:26 am
by the way, how'd you set the front squats?

5x3? 3x3? 5x5 ramping? 3x5 across? I believe 5x3 is better for now, so the high repetitions won't make me to break the form.

shizz702
06-01-09, 11:32 am
by the way, how'd you set the front squats?

5x3? 3x3? 5x5 ramping? 3x5 across? I believe 5x3 is better for now, so the high repetitions won't make me to break the form.

Personally I'd do 3x3 sets across with them and think of them as recovery for the back squats, that is how they are set up in the TM, but if you feel you need to learn the form you can start off with 5x3.

The Sun
06-01-09, 11:36 am
Personally I'd do 3x3 sets across with them and think of them as recovery for the back squats, that is how they are set up in the TM, but if you feel you need to learn the form you can start off with 5x3.

alright. thanks :)!

Psycho77
06-01-09, 9:46 pm
tonight:

squat: 45,60,72,85x5 100x2(failed at 3rd), 100x1(failed at 2nd)
bench 40,60,72,85,97x3(failed at 4th)
pendlay row 40,40,50,62,75x5
powerclean 50x3,60x3,60x3,65x1,70x1,75x0,75x0 (damn!)

I'll start learning the high-bar squat because I tend to fall forward at the low bar and lose my arch, making me to GM my way up. hopefully high-bar won't let that happen.
stuck at the bench again. going to try 100kg for a triple on thursday, if that won't succeed then it's time for a reset on the weights.
powerclean went pretty good, I got a good single with 70 (video) and 75 went up just enough so I could get underneath it, but I didn't. shame on me. twice.

pretty frustrated from this workout.

powerclean 70kg :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2Ewrsbet8

So this is where you are now......nice to catch you again, Sun.

getting heavy on the weights there, do you have a vid of the squats?

The Sun
06-02-09, 1:52 am
So this is where you are now......nice to catch you again, Sun.

getting heavy on the weights there, do you have a vid of the squats?

I didn't take one this time :(
nice to have you on psycho.

The Sun
06-02-09, 4:07 pm
tonight:

worked my squats: high\low\front - doesn't matter, I tend to be shifting forward at the bottom, can't hold my back and I just GM out the hole. that's pretty much frustrating because 1 hour of squatting got me absolutely nothing. and I worked with 40kg.

the absurd is - my back hurts now. it never hurts after a squat, but today it does. and only with 40kg.

did a set of 59kg overhead press, got only 4 reps. I guess it happened cuz my elbow started bugging me for the first time ever in my "training history". I guess the squats caused it.

deadlift 120kg for 5 reps pretty easily.
push press 50kg 2x2, 1x3
C&PP 60kg 2x1, 65kg 1x1.

The Sun
06-04-09, 3:37 pm
workout:

squat - worked on technique for a hour or something like that, really focused on keeping the arch all the way down to a low box squat.

bench - barx5,40x5,60x5,75x3,90x2,100KGx3,2,2,2 PR for whatever - reps and weight and wtf I'm strong?

powerclean 40x3,50x3,60x2,65x2(fail at 3rd),60x3,60x4+pushpress @ 4th, 50x3

pullups 12,6(grip fail, thumb pain wtf),10

squats feel better, more tight at the lower back. gonna keep improving the form.
bench felt awesome. first triple with 100kg felt heavy on the 3rd so I decided to keep the volume with doubles. felt really strong in the last double with 100kg, could press the 3rd rep imo.

powercleans are REALLY improving, will upload a set with a triple of 60kg.

The Sun
06-04-09, 4:35 pm
powercleans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PiBLje51BU

The Sun
06-05-09, 12:15 pm
accessory workout:

box squat (4 levels box, nearly parallel for a touch&go squat I'm doing) : barx2x5,40,45,50x5,55,60x2x3 - really focused on keeping the back tight at the "bottom". will go to a 3 levels box on sunday.

hang powerclean 50kg x whatever - worked on getting to the triple extension, still not getting it good enough.

decline crunches w/ 15kg 3x10

wedge
06-05-09, 12:19 pm
Things are looking good in here Sun. Keep it up.
Shizz knows his stuff. He's helped me out more than once.

The Sun
06-05-09, 1:03 pm
Things are looking good in here Sun. Keep it up.
Shizz knows his stuff. He's helped me out more than once.

thanks wedge.
yeah shizz is pretty helpful. :)

Firedrake
06-05-09, 9:54 pm
There you are! I hadn't seen your Journey in ages!

Psycho77
06-06-09, 12:05 am
powercleans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PiBLje51BU

damn, that looked cake, bro. good work.

The Sun
06-06-09, 6:04 am
There you are! I hadn't seen your Journey in ages!
yeah been away for a while, new journey though :) what's going on gramps?

damn, that looked cake, bro. good work.
thanks mike :P

Shamus11B
06-06-09, 6:30 am
Looking good in here man. Keep working on that form with squats, once it becomes muscle memory you will be putting up massive weight. Stay strong and work hard!
-Shamus- IM IN

The Sun
06-06-09, 6:36 am
Looking good in here man. Keep working on that form with squats, once it becomes muscle memory you will be putting up massive weight. Stay strong and work hard!
-Shamus- IM IN

thanks Shamus, definitely glad to have you here.

The Sun
06-06-09, 1:32 pm
I was wondering:

I plan on starting with football some when in june-july, any tweaks I should do with my routine? sprints? intervals? anything?

Firedrake
06-06-09, 1:44 pm
yeah been away for a while, new journey though :) what's going on gramps?

Check out my Journey. I've made some serious progress since I started, and last night I told Rage I'm ready to kick it up a notch -- I'm giving myself a year of mass-building before I start cutting again, but I'm gonna enter a contest next fall. My bodyfat's at about 17% right now, and, except for loose skin around the waist, I'm pretty lean. Now I just need to add as much freakin' mass as I can.

The Sun
06-06-09, 1:46 pm
Check out my Journey. I've made some serious progress since I started, and last night I told Rage I'm ready to kick it up a notch -- I'm giving myself a year of mass-building before I start cutting again, but I'm gonna enter a contest next fall. My bodyfat's at about 17% right now, and, except for loose skin around the waist, I'm pretty lean. Now I just need to add as much freakin' mass as I can.

way to go warrior, I'm subscribed once again. will sure do the catch up!

The Sun
06-07-09, 1:39 am
today is my last day in the Israeli Defense Force. I'm so eager to get over with it.

Shamus11B
06-07-09, 1:43 am
IDF? Damn didnt know I was talking with a badass. I have trained with some of you crazies before. Had one guy they called machine, literally could do without exaggeration 250 pushups without stopping. Goodluck outside the IDF man, keep working!
-Shamus-

The Sun
06-07-09, 1:46 am
IDF? Damn didnt know I was talking with a badass. I have trained with some of you crazies before. Had one guy they called machine, literally could do without exaggeration 250 pushups without stopping. Goodluck outside the IDF man, keep working!
-Shamus-

haha thanks, but I'm no longer a frontline man. moved to the headquarters about 1.5 years ago. thanks anyway bro, appreciate it.

The Sun
06-07-09, 3:47 pm
yey, vacation! 13 days 'till I get discharged from the army!!!

workout:
squat form work... nothing interesting.

clean&press 52x3x5

powerclean 40,50,55,60,65,65,65,65,65x3 and afterward more technique work.

chins bwx13,10,8

side note:
I go for a trial training season in a Israeli American Football team on the 18\6, I want to train for football.
should I tweak the routine? add stuff? remove stuff? thought of adding 1 GPP on friday for the start.

The Sun
06-07-09, 5:25 pm
powercleans (lol check out the 3rd rep, I kinda lost balance on the bottom :P )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtnT0BFkZ-s

Shamus11B
06-08-09, 3:34 pm
Well for any sport where you need explosive speed, interval training is awesome. One of my favorites we called suicides but there are 100's of names for them. Go to a field and get 40 yards/meters measured out. Sprint down/back/down/back thats one. Now take 1 to 2 minutes rest and repeat. Go for as many as you can when you feel like you wanna throw up your good, remember the number that you did. Lift the next day then do the suicides again but add one. I usually stopped doing this when I could do 20 all out sprints. This got me in great shape for football, and being a heavy machine gunner in the army. Just an idea for your speed man.

Shamus11B
06-08-09, 3:36 pm
Nice vid, I need some Chuck T's too man lol.

The Sun
06-08-09, 3:37 pm
Well for any sport where you need explosive speed, interval training is awesome. One of my favorites we called suicides but there are 100's of names for them. Go to a field and get 40 yards/meters measured out. Sprint down/back/down/back thats one. Now take 1 to 2 minutes rest and repeat. Go for as many as you can when you feel like you wanna throw up your good, remember the number that you did. Lift the next day then do the suicides again but add one. I usually stopped doing this when I could do 20 all out sprints. This got me in great shape for football, and being a heavy machine gunner in the army. Just an idea for your speed man.

sounds pretty good, thanks for the input!
will give suicides a try on friday! saturday is a rest day, working on sun\tue\thu

The Sun
06-08-09, 3:37 pm
Nice vid, I need some Chuck T's too man lol.

ah thanks bro, still not good, but I'm getting there. just enough to clean the weight up.

J Wong
06-08-09, 5:45 pm
Definitely add GPP.

The Sun
06-08-09, 6:08 pm
Definitely add GPP.

yeah, probably 40m sprints to death, like Shamus offered!

J Wong
06-08-09, 6:17 pm
yeah, probably 40m sprints to death, like Shamus offered!

Get some tire flipping in, sledgehammer work, hell even push a wheelbarrow full of weight!

The Sun
06-08-09, 6:21 pm
Get some tire flipping in, sledgehammer work, hell even push a wheelbarrow full of weight!

we don't have that kind of awesome equipment in Israel :(
just sprints :(

The Sun
06-09-09, 1:59 pm
low box squat: bar,40,40,60x5,70x3x5
bench: bar,40,60x5,75x3,90x3x5
deadlift: 60,80x5,115x2,125x5

really focused on keeping my back in extension on both squats and deads.
form broke down on deads, funny because 115 was flawless.
about the squat - I don't know :\

The Sun
06-09-09, 2:54 pm
I don't know if I kept my back in extension during all the reps. please feel free to comment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v5U589B2ug

Shamus11B
06-09-09, 7:35 pm
This right here is an awesome W/O bro. All the basic compound movements covered and you hit some great weight. Ill check the video later and see if I can offer my very limited knowledge to ya. Keep up the great work man!

shizz702
06-09-09, 8:53 pm
Good work sun, and your form is looking fine, lol you worry too much!

Cleans looked good too!

Psycho77
06-09-09, 10:40 pm
Looking good in the squats and cleans, Sun. Nice work!

A few more days, and your out of the army.

The Sun
06-10-09, 2:12 am
This right here is an awesome W/O bro. All the basic compound movements covered and you hit some great weight. Ill check the video later and see if I can offer my very limited knowledge to ya. Keep up the great work man!
thanks Shamus, appreciate it.

Good work sun, and your form is looking fine, lol you worry too much!

Cleans looked good too!
actually I figured the box squats weren't too good, I lose the tightness at the bottom and just fall into the box. gonna add a level to the box and work right where I can which is a bit below parallel and not as deep as this box was.
cleans did get some progress and look better though, I'm only concerned about the deads - can't keep my back in full extension when it gets heavier than 120kg. :\

Looking good in the squats and cleans, Sun. Nice work!

A few more days, and your out of the army.

thanks psycho!
actually, right now I'm on a discharged-soldier vacation until june 21th - which is the day I'm going to sign all the stuff and return equipment. then on the 22th I'm getting discharged :D

The Sun
06-11-09, 2:22 pm
squat bar,40,60,60x5,75x3,85x3x5
clean&press 30,40,55x3x5
powerclean 50,60x3,67x1(failed@2nd)67x2(failed@3rd),60xmany singles
strict pullups 15,10,8

good workout overall, squat's looking much better.
clean&press was as tough as nails, barely locked the 5th reps across.
15 strict reps @ pullups is a PR.

shizz702
06-11-09, 7:19 pm
Looking good again Sun, some nice mass building lifts you're hitting!

The Sun
06-12-09, 12:56 am
Looking good again Sun, some nice mass building lifts you're hitting!

thanks, keeping it compound&heavy.

Shamus11B
06-12-09, 4:26 am
thanks, keeping it compound&heavy.

Thats what you gotta do man, and dont forget to eat eat eat!

The Sun
06-14-09, 3:55 pm
tonight's:

squat bar,40,40,60x5,70x3,77x2,85,85,85x5
bench 30,40,60x5,75x3,85x1,92,92x5,92x4
powerclean 40,40,50,60,62,62,62,62,62x3 + clean pulls
chins from dead hang bwx15-13-10 - PR

the last set with 92KG on the bench press went wrong because one of the guys who worked with me forgot to load a 1.25kg plate on the left side, therefore the whole set messed up and made me pull my hamstring on the 4th rep, and miss the 5th. that was painful pull on the hamstring. will go for 95 for 3x5 across on friday.

pr on the chins is cool :D 15 from dead hang and strict :)

T o m m Y
06-14-09, 3:56 pm
Good day homie...

The Sun
06-14-09, 4:20 pm
Good day homie...

thanks brotha D: pissed about the missed rep, how could he not notice :|

The Sun
06-16-09, 1:51 pm
squats bar,40,60x5,75x3,87x3x5
strict press bar,30x5,42x3,50x1,57x2x5,57x4 (f)
deadlift 60x5,85x3,100x1,115x1,130x5

I'm having a football training in thursday so I will decide if I'm going to work out on friday or just rest 'till sunday.

The Sun
06-18-09, 5:21 pm
football workout tonight:

coach pointed I should be playing either a RunningBack\FullBack on offense, and LineBacker on the defense team.

lots of sprints and HIITs, lots of position drills (ey, sprints :\ )

pulled my groin during the session, I'll check out if I can squat tomorrow. on evening, but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to. I don't know if I even attempt to work out tomorrow.

right now I'm icing the place (damn its freezing my balls lol) and hopefully will do better.

sidenote:

current FullBack of the team weighs 94kg and deadlifts 170kg. I weigh 76.5 today's morning and I deadlift 155kg.
he also squats 100kg for reps, I'm pretty close then and I weight less. that's cool

wedge
06-18-09, 8:47 pm
Putting the work in Sun. Good to see bro.

What's up with this football thing?

The Sun
06-19-09, 4:05 am
Putting the work in Sun. Good to see bro.

What's up with this football thing?

eh, I'm trying to join Mod'iin 'Dancing Camel' Pioneers team which are the IFL (Israeli Football League) champions. Always wanted to play football, finally a sport where being strong is so valuable.

machineman
06-19-09, 7:26 am
good work in here Sun....good luck with the football thing....hope it works out for you....

The Sun
06-19-09, 7:58 am
good work in here Sun....good luck with the football thing....hope it works out for you....

thanks mm, glad to have you here.

going to check if I can squat in a hour, if the warm up feels alright then I'll decide what weight should I squat. if it feels just wrong, then I'll just bench and pullup. (eh, lame.)

wedge
06-19-09, 9:46 am
eh, I'm trying to join Mod'iin 'Dancing Camel' Pioneers team which are the IFL (Israeli Football League) champions. Always wanted to play football, finally a sport where being strong is so valuable.

Best of luck bro! Keep us updated.

The Sun
06-19-09, 11:10 am
Best of luck bro! Keep us updated.

will do.

workout this afternoon:

despite the groin pain I went to the workout.
warmed up for like 20-30 minutes with all kind of dynamic stretches (I.E: goodmornings, RDLs, bodyweight squats and so...) and then decided I'll hit it light with the squats just to see what happens after the workout, whether the pain increases or disappears.

Squats bar,40,60x5,75kgx3x5
Bench bar,40,60x5,75x3,85x1,95kgx5,95x2x4 (failed on the 2nd&3rd sets with the 5th rep)
Powercleans 40,50,60x3,65kgx3x3
Pullups (dead hanged) +5kg 3x5

damn bench. If I only got 5-5-5 that would be a PR. gonna hit the same weight on Tuesday, no hesitations this time - gonna rock it fucking hard. gotta get this weight for 3x5 ACROSS.

postworkout:
groin feels a lot better, I guess I made a correct choice working out light on the squats, having some sort of 'rehab' to the tissue.

Shamus11B
06-19-09, 1:18 pm
Smart move giving your groin a break man. Hope everything is going great with your football workouts. Sounds like you got a coach who has you on the right track.

The Sun
06-19-09, 1:33 pm
Smart move giving your groin a break man. Hope everything is going great with your football workouts. Sounds like you got a coach who has you on the right track.

well lol, it was more of a "recovery" workout.
I just started actually, so that was basically the very first workout bro.
I hope that a Running back (Offense) and a Linebacker (Defense) will sort out for me.

Shamus11B
06-19-09, 1:45 pm
Well your froma a tough as nails country and you workout the same. You will be kicking ass and taking his starting position in no time. Just remember if you feel a breeze to fall down and act like you got fouled, hell it works in the world cup. Was so mad Brazil wooped USA's ass like 3-0.

The Sun
06-19-09, 1:50 pm
Well your froma a tough as nails country and you workout the same. You will be kicking ass and taking his starting position in no time. Just remember if you feel a breeze to fall down and act like you got fouled, hell it works in the world cup. Was so mad Brazil wooped USA's ass like 3-0.

lol brother, I think you're mixing it with soccer, I play American Football! :D
though, it's kinda cool you remember that world cup.

Shamus11B
06-19-09, 1:55 pm
Nice.....I played outside linebacker, wide receiver and a little bit of quarter back. Weird combo I know but I was the only QB with a neck roll lol. What brand of machines do you guys have over there, I foiund when I was playing I starting hitting people like a truck when I was hitting up Incline Presses and a machine variation where you stood and pressed.

The Sun
06-19-09, 2:11 pm
Nice.....I played outside linebacker, wide receiver and a little bit of quarter back. Weird combo I know but I was the only QB with a neck roll lol. What brand of machines do you guys have over there, I foiund when I was playing I starting hitting people like a truck when I was hitting up Incline Presses and a machine variation where you stood and pressed.

oh we don't work on strength as a team, we don't have a strength coach or whatever. I'm working with my strength routine and that's it, trying to make it happen with the demanding football workouts.

lol that's a weird combo bro, bet you were a hell of a linebacker.

Shamus11B
06-19-09, 11:54 pm
Yeah definitely a weird combo but the school I went to ran the option offense. So they really didnt mind having a QB that didnt dance and just lowered his shoulder. I have a pretty good arm, nothing to crazy, but just no height so QB really wasnt for me.

The Sun
06-21-09, 3:22 pm
squat bar,40,60x5,75x3,82x1,90x3x5
press bar,30x5,42x3,52x1,57x3x5
powerclean 40,50x3,60x2,65x5x3
chin-ups from dead hang +5kg 3x5

was pretty fuckin' tired and consumed almost no food all day long, but had it all set in my mind.
a little bit of self pumping up before sets did the work for me.

tomorrow I'm getting discharged from the army.

shizz702
06-21-09, 4:42 pm
Good work sunny, way to push thru.

Always remember to lift big you got to eat big so try to not let circumstances get the best of your eating.

Congrats on the discharge, you did your time and now it's all about what you want to do.

The Sun
06-21-09, 4:56 pm
Good work sunny, way to push thru.

Always remember to lift big you got to eat big so try to not let circumstances get the best of your eating.

Congrats on the discharge, you did your time and now it's all about what you want to do.

thanks shiZzZle.

yeah I try to eat big, just I'm trying to go on some "keto" so it's pretty hard, but I'm managing it all out with weekends carb loading.
I have to gain 5kg for the football (foundations, aka LEGS) in order to be a force to be reckoned with.

thanks, finally. damn.

Psycho77
06-22-09, 9:37 am
squat bar,40,60x5,75x3,82x1,90x3x5
press bar,30x5,42x3,52x1,57x3x5
powerclean 40,50x3,60x2,65x5x3
chin-ups from dead hang +5kg 3x5

was pretty fuckin' tired and consumed almost no food all day long, but had it all set in my mind.
a little bit of self pumping up before sets did the work for me.

tomorrow I'm getting discharged from the army.

good work, bad eating. the day has arrived.

The Sun
06-22-09, 3:32 pm
good work, bad eating. the day has arrived.

haha exactly, thanks bro :P

Firedrake
06-22-09, 4:10 pm
Great work! How're you feeling afterwards?

The Sun
06-23-09, 2:29 pm
Great work! How're you feeling afterwards?

well, ouch :)

squat bar,40,60x5,75x3,85x1,92x3x5
bench bar,40,60x5,75x3,85x1,95x2x5,95x4 F
deadlift 60x5,85x3,100x1,115x1,135x5

everything was hard.
lost focus on the bench last set and therefore failed on the last rep. will go for 97kg next time
couldn't maintain flat back on the deadlift. this shit is too heavy (5kg away from my RM5 PR)
wondering what should I do on the next workout.

tomorrow has a football workout coming, hopefully I'll be able to give 100% cuz my body is beat up after tonight's workout.

wedge
06-23-09, 2:52 pm
Good workouts bro.
Congrats on the discharge.

Firedrake
06-23-09, 3:00 pm
well, ouch :)

squat bar,40,60x5,75x3,85x1,92x3x5
bench bar,40,60x5,75x3,85x1,95x2x5,95x4 F
deadlift 60x5,85x3,100x1,115x1,135x5

everything was hard.
lost focus on the bench last set and therefore failed on the last rep. will go for 97kg next time
couldn't maintain flat back on the deadlift. this shit is too heavy (5kg away from my RM5 PR)
wondering what should I do on the next workout.

tomorrow has a football workout coming, hopefully I'll be able to give 100% cuz my body is beat up after tonight's workout.

Good work! I like your progession on the bench -- failure just means you'll get it next time!

The Sun
06-23-09, 3:12 pm
Good workouts bro.
Congrats on the discharge.
thanks wedge, much appreciated.

Good work! I like your progession on the bench -- failure just means you'll get it next time!
that 5th rep on the 2nd set of the bench is actually a PR, former was 5-4-4. well yeah I progressed :o

thanks for the support drake, but I'm going to kill 97kg on friday, 95 is over.

Shamus11B
06-23-09, 5:05 pm
Looking strong in here Sun! Keep growing man, you will be a monster on the field.

The Sun
06-23-09, 5:10 pm
Looking strong in here Sun! Keep growing man, you will be a monster on the field.

thanks bro, digging the 100kg on bench and squats for 3x5!
gotta get a much heavier squat for powerful base.

The Sun
06-24-09, 4:46 pm
football session tonight:

was hell of a sore from yesterday's heavy squats and deadlift, but hey - gotta keep going mofo.

hell of a workout, tons of sprints. the QB of the team took me to the side and asked me to measure the extra gear they had, I think the team favorites me over the other new guys. (well, half of the team doesn't know what's a squat, so basically I'm stronger than most of them)

lot's of drills, I'm finally getting the ball correctly to the belly and closing it up through the sprint. getting better..

tomorrow's an off day, friday's holding heavy squats and presses followed by cleans.

gonna program my routine once again:

keeping the deadlift on maintance with 125kg 'till I hit 110kg squat for 5 reps, so my mid-back catches up and I'll be able to deadlift 130kg with flat-arched back. moreover - I really need to get my squats to the 3 plates aka 140kg.

that's about it fellas, tune in friday.

The Sun
06-26-09, 12:46 pm
afternoon's:

squat bar,40,60x5,75x3,85x2,95x3x5
press bar,30x5,45x3,52x1,60x2x5,60x4 PR!!!
powerclean 50,55x3,60x1,67x4x3,67x1(failed @2nd), 67x3)
dead hang pullups +7.5kg 3x5

squat was real hard.
finally I got over the 60kg barrier on the press, never locked 5 reps and doing it twice was a real milestone.
on the powerclean's last set I didn't rest enough so I just rested for 4 min and then hit the last triple.

JUGGERNAUT
06-26-09, 1:03 pm
Progress to be proud of, well done Sun.

Shamus11B
06-28-09, 5:07 am
Hell yeah, PR's man! Looking good in here, glad eerything is working out for you and the football team. You will be tearing that field up and smashing some heads when they let you play. Keep up the great work Sun. -Shamus-

rmeguy
06-28-09, 5:17 am
awesome work brother. Definatly a big motivator!! Keep it up! hear from you soon.

-Ben

Psycho77
06-28-09, 5:49 am
Solid workouts, Sun. Showing definite progress at everything. Big congrats on the discharge.

The Sun
06-28-09, 6:54 am
Progress to be proud of, well done Sun.
thanks bro, definitely ripping what I sow.

Hell yeah, PR's man! Looking good in here, glad eerything is working out for you and the football team. You will be tearing that field up and smashing some heads when they let you play. Keep up the great work Sun. -Shamus-
yes! PRs! Finally! I'm gonna get a decent off-season now in the pre-season phase, gonna put some weight on my lower body. thanks for the support!

awesome work brother. Definatly a big motivator!! Keep it up! hear from you soon.

-Ben
hey Ben, thanks for stopping by. I'm right on my way to leave for the work, but won't skip tonight's workout. gotta keep the progress on.

Solid workouts, Sun. Showing definite progress at everything. Big congrats on the discharge.
yo Mike, yeah I'm really trying to.
thanks a lot, I'm having the best times of my life in the recent month. everything's just awesome.
thanks for the support, really.

I'm lacking some time stopping by everyone's journeys, but I promise I will try.

The Sun
06-28-09, 4:34 pm
tonight's workout

squat bar,50,60x5,75x3,82x1,90x1,97x3x5
bench bar,40,60x5,75x3,85x1,95x3x5 PR
powerclean 50,55x3,60x2,65x1,70x2x3,70x2 (failed @ 3rd rep), 70x3 PR

finally got the 5th rep on 3rd bench set with 95kg, 97kg - get ready.
a HUGE PR for me on the powerclean, never repped 70kg. doing it across means a lot for me.
couldn't go for 4th and 5th set because I was short on time and the place was on the closing.

Psycho77
06-28-09, 8:31 pm
tonight's workout

a HUGE PR for me on the powerclean, never repped 70kg. doing it across means a lot for me.
couldn't go for 4th and 5th set because I was short on time and the place was on the closing.

Solid workout, Sun. Congrats on those PRs.

The Sun
06-29-09, 3:22 am
Solid workout, Sun. Congrats on those PRs.

thanks bro, I wanna keep em coming!

Shamus11B
06-29-09, 3:24 am
3 exercises and 2 big PR's, great work Sun! Looking stronger and stronger in here everytime I stop by man.

J A Y
06-30-09, 8:00 am
tonight's workout

nice one sun, good pr's on the bench, i like it!

The Sun
06-30-09, 10:09 am
3 exercises and 2 big PR's, great work Sun! Looking stronger and stronger in here everytime I stop by man.
Keeping it as simple as I can and loading as heavy as possible. high stress leads to success.

nice one sun, good pr's on the bench, i like it!

thanks bro, I can't wait for 100kg on the bench for 3x5.

On Letting Go
06-30-09, 11:22 am
tonight's workout

Great work bro. I'm gonna be back in here more often, getting wrapped up in this cut has had me slackin.

The Sun
06-30-09, 1:45 pm
Great work bro. I'm gonna be back in here more often, getting wrapped up in this cut has had me slackin.

it's alright bro, I know the feelin. glad to have you.

tonight's workout:

squat bar,bar,40,40,60x5,75x3,82x2,90x1,100x3x5
press bar,30x5,42x3,52x1,60x3x5 PR for reps
deadlift (maintance) 70x5,85x3,105x1,120x5

squats felt like hell. shit was really heavy for me. my lower back was sore before the workout and I squatted with bad technique, I kinda lost the arch at the bottom and now the lower back is sore.
tomorrow's a football practice, gonna rest in Thursday and hit a PR on the squats on Friday with 102kg 3x5.

wedge
06-30-09, 8:31 pm
Looks like you're hitting PRs every damn workout. Helluva job Sun.

The Sun
07-01-09, 4:08 am
Looks like you're hitting PRs every damn workout. Helluva job Sun.

thanks wedge, I really dig PRs on the squat, they feel terribly hard :\

The Sun
07-01-09, 5:04 pm
Football practice:

Lots of HIIT: sprints, drills, whatever.
coach called me up infront of the whole team saying he is satisfied that I learn quick and it was only my 3rd practice, made me really proud.

at the end of the workout the coach called me up askin' how I'm doing, I said I'm ok... so he told me "you're doing good, I'm watching and you're doing real good."

:D!

p.s

I pulled some muscle on my left leg, I can't tell where the pain is but it sure hurts. damn.

Firedrake
07-01-09, 5:43 pm
Congratulations on the comment from the coach! Glad to see you're doing that even after the squats!

The Sun
07-01-09, 5:46 pm
Congratulations on the comment from the coach! Glad to see you're doing that even after the squats!

haha thanks, I can't even believe I do this after the squats. it feels like hell. I'm so fuckin' beat up lol, feeling destroyed.

Psycho77
07-01-09, 11:19 pm
Solid work on the squats and deadlifts. Grats on the compliment from the coach.

Hope your leg feels better bro. Ice that baby up

SQUAT or DIE!
07-01-09, 11:34 pm
thanks for tellin me about the journey.. :(

The Sun
07-02-09, 3:18 am
Solid work on the squats and deadlifts. Grats on the compliment from the coach.

Hope your leg feels better bro. Ice that baby up
Iced it and had some gel on it, still hurts as fuck, damn. thanks for caring :)

thanks for tellin me about the journey.. :(
haha well, I don't like telling people to get in, whoever finds it out just jumps in, and that's fine by me :)

On Letting Go
07-02-09, 8:41 am
Youre a warrior bro. Must be doing some good work at practice. Keep it up.

The Sun
07-04-09, 10:16 am
Youre a warrior bro. Must be doing some good work at practice. Keep it up.

thanks a lot OLG, that is some serious compliment.

thought of taking rest due to lots of things going in my life at the moment, including football bootcamp and job duties.

well...
I guess not, went to the commercial YMCA and worked my ass:

squat bar,43,43,61x5,75x3,85x1,91x1,102x3x5 PR for across
bench bar,43,61x5,75x3,85x1,97x3x5 PR
powerclean 43,55x3(hanged),61x2,65x1,70x3,70x1 (failed @ other reps) same for the next set, gave it up

dead hanged chinups+7kg 3x5

finally a squat PR. it didn't feel so bad actually.
bench was piece of cake, lmao. fkin 97kg felt like a joke.

Psycho77
07-04-09, 11:14 am
thanks a lot OLG, that is some serious compliment.

thought of taking rest due to lots of things going in my life at the moment, including football bootcamp and job duties.

well...
I guess not, went to the commercial YMCA and worked my ass:

squat bar,43,43,61x5,75x3,85x1,91x1,102x3x5 PR for across
bench bar,43,61x5,75x3,85x1,97x3x5 PR
powerclean 43,55x3(hanged),61x2,65x1,70x3,70x1 (failed @ other reps) same for the next set, gave it up

dead hanged chinups+7kg 3x5

finally a squat PR. it didn't feel so bad actually.
bench was piece of cake, lmao. fkin 97kg felt like a joke.

I like your definition of "rest day"

The Sun
07-05-09, 4:45 am
I like your definition of "rest day"

haha well, yeah, some kind of rest :)

football practice later tonight.

Ironjaw
07-05-09, 12:41 pm
lookin solid bro keep up the hard work... saw some of your vids u got good form as well very impressed...

Peace,
-Jaw

The Sun
07-05-09, 4:13 pm
lookin solid bro keep up the hard work... saw some of your vids u got good form as well very impressed...

Peace,
-Jaw

thanks bro, appreciate the nice words and happy to have you stopped by.

football practice:

a big practice went on tonight, it was a league bootcamp with all the teams participating and coach Cohu from the U.S together with coach Favli who both came overseas to coach the camp.

learned tons from tonight's, and got a cool Tshirt as well :P

going to start to put more work in agility\speed drills in my off days, and tweak my routine so I won't burn myself down.

The Sun
07-07-09, 4:17 pm
tonight:
came after work to the gym, all body aches. well, gotta squat right?

squat bar,40,60x5,75x3,85x1,95x1,105x3x5 PR
press bar,30x5,42x3,52x1,61x3x5 PR
deadlift (maintance) 60x5,85x3,110x1,125x5

YEAH!
new PR on the squat, finally 105kg!
getting to move some weights finally!

damn shit was heavy, both press and squat felt real hard but hey that's why we train for, those hard reps you can't get but you get 'em!

J Wong
07-07-09, 4:19 pm
Congrats on the PR

JUGGERNAUT
07-07-09, 4:22 pm
Nice when hard work pays off huh?

The Sun
07-07-09, 4:25 pm
Congrats on the PR
thanks a lot, gotta keep the progress, I really should.

Nice when hard work pays off huh?
getting the last reps on tonight, just like every night felt magic. you know, that feeling when your spirit gets back to your body few seconds after the set is over, nothing compares.

Ironjaw
07-07-09, 8:30 pm
keep um comin bro gratz on the pr

The Sun
07-08-09, 9:23 am
keep um comin bro gratz on the pr

hell yeah, trust me I will.

T o m m Y
07-08-09, 9:28 am
Nice Pr's Brotha!
Good Job!

wedge
07-08-09, 10:55 am
Looking good in here Sun. Nice PRs.
How's practice going?

Psycho77
07-08-09, 11:31 am
Props for doing squats after a long day and hitting a PR. 105 and 61 for reps!

The Sun
07-08-09, 12:11 pm
Nice Pr's Brotha!
Good Job!
thanks Big&Strong :X

Looking good in here Sun. Nice PRs.
How's practice going?
practices are tough as shit, and the job is pretty much squeezing my powers pre-workouts so it's kinda tough, but I like it! I like working hard! thanks for stopping wedge :)

Props for doing squats after a long day and hitting a PR. 105 and 61 for reps!
lol psycho I'm used to that shit of taking a long day before a tough workout, it makes everything harder but you can't avoid doing hard things.
hell yeah, I can't wait for 110&65!

Shamus11B
07-08-09, 4:02 pm
Dear lord man you are a PR machine. You are doing great and working your ass off man....keep up the great work SUN!!!

The Sun
07-08-09, 4:23 pm
Dear lord man you are a PR machine. You are doing great and working your ass off man....keep up the great work SUN!!!

thanks brother, will keep doing what I do and hopefully it will last as long as possible!

The Sun
07-09-09, 2:07 pm
tonight:

squat bar,40,60x5,75x3,85x1,95x1,107x3,107x2 and failed
bench bar,40,60x5,75x3,85x1,90x1,100x4 and missed fifth,100x3,100x3
powerclean 40,40,50x3,60x2,65x1,70x2 and failed

everything felt pretty shitty.
moving back to my gym sucked cuz the bench is pretty shit there.
it's pretty high, narrow and got very high hooks which fucks up your setup completely.

anyway, I'mma try again on sunday to squat the 107kg. fucka.

The Sun
07-12-09, 2:59 pm
tonight's:

squat bar,40,40,60x5,75x3,85x2,95x1,107x3x5 PR!
press bar,30x5,42x3,52x2,62x2x5 62x4
deadlift (maintance) 70x5,90x3,110x1,125x5,125x3 stopped due to form breakdown

all in all it was a very good workout, I got the press overhead already in the last rep on 3rd set but it started to come down so I dropped it to avoid injury. will press the same weight next week and get that fucka up.

Firedrake
07-12-09, 3:08 pm
Keep it climbin', bro! You're definitely making progress!

The Sun
07-12-09, 3:47 pm
Keep it climbin', bro! You're definitely making progress!

thanks bro, doing my best.

deadlift set
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv84nOTbGUM

The Sun
07-15-09, 5:54 am
monday: quickness,speed,agility,sprints

'magic square' 6m between cones x 10 rounds - starting from the first cone stepping sideways quickly and low, backpaddle, sideways the other leg and finishng with sprints.

zig-zags 4 cones focusing on cutting direction with one step x 10 rounds

full squats jumps 5 rounds x 10m distance

10m sprints x 10 rounds

10m high knees x 2 rounds
10m buttkickers x 2 rounds

kept high intensity with short rests (30-60secs) between rounds. I'm getting better with my quickness, agility and coordination. I also feel faster than I was before.

tonight I have a football practice with the team, hopefully I'll show improvement to the coach.

by now the weekly scheme looks like that:

Sun - Strength (squats 3x5, press 3x5, deadlift 1x5, chins 3x5)
Mon - Football specific (agility,quickness,plyos and sprints)
Tue - OFF
Wed - Football specific
Thu - OFF
Fri - Strength (squats 3x5, bench 3x5, powerclean 5x3, pullups 3x5)
Sat - OFF

Shamus11B
07-15-09, 11:28 am
I love the agility exercises man, those will smoke the hell out of ya. Hope everything is going great with football and training. Looks like you are still working really hard. Keep t up Sun.

The Sun
07-15-09, 11:40 am
I love the agility exercises man, those will smoke the hell out of ya. Hope everything is going great with football and training. Looks like you are still working really hard. Keep t up Sun.

thanks Shamus, yeah all these are truly bitches, I rarely find myself having a clear breathe without having to catch it by my self :D

gotta get my squat to 3 plates though

wedge
07-15-09, 3:25 pm
Keep putting the work in. You'll get those 3 pies.

The Sun
07-15-09, 5:06 pm
Keep putting the work in. You'll get those 3 pies.

damn sure I will, nothing gets more results than hard work does.

football practice with the team:

pretty much the same as I did on Monday:
magic square
high knees
buttkickers
high speed direction cuts

very high intensity on all of those, I felt like puking just in the very beginning and it kept going during the whole practice.

moved to positioning drills followed by sprints ofcourse.
the Backs coach told me I look better with the movement, that's good.

gotta work these things to get them perfect so I can move to more complicated stuff:
out of the stance sprint
sharper direction cuts

once I get these better I can start doing more complicated stuff.

pullled my groin again, this is only my 5-6th workout and Ive pulled the fookin groin twice already. fuck.
I'm icing the bitch and hopefully will wake up tomorrow better, cuz I have to squat 110kg on Friday afternoon.

Psycho77
07-15-09, 11:23 pm
There are alot of exercises here that I know nothing about but I am sure they are badass just from the name of it......magic squares....butt kickers.

rest up that injury and careful on the squats bro. don't go heavy on it if you feel off or not up to it. You don't want to make that pull any worse than it is.

still see your doing solid work. setting prs on every session. keep it up, sun. you're doing fantastic progress.

J Wong
07-15-09, 11:41 pm
Good shit man, hope that injury heals up. Members from a new semi pro football team in my town came to our gym trying to recruit people for tryouts. Me and my partner were the only ones invited, seems like we were the only ones under 60 in there today hahaha. Too bad I have never played football, or else I might be interested!

Firedrake
07-16-09, 12:33 am
Sun, have you figured out what sort of movement is causing the pull? Is it a run or a jump? A side or frontal move?

Take care of it in the hopes you don't do more permanent damage!

The Sun
07-16-09, 5:52 am
There are alot of exercises here that I know nothing about but I am sure they are badass just from the name of it......magic squares....butt kickers.

rest up that injury and careful on the squats bro. don't go heavy on it if you feel off or not up to it. You don't want to make that pull any worse than it is.

still see your doing solid work. setting prs on every session. keep it up, sun. you're doing fantastic progress.
all of them are quick feet exercises, you have to get as many repetitions as possible in the distance you're performing them. they're killing the shit out of your soul when doing them on high intensity and nearly no rest. so far I'm feeling I'm getting better on my feet.

actually it feels ten times better today, I've slept a good 9 hour sleep and iced the area yesterday, almost new.
thanks for the support brotha, gnna hit the 110kg\242lbs squat tomorrow!

Good shit man, hope that injury heals up. Members from a new semi pro football team in my town came to our gym trying to recruit people for tryouts. Me and my partner were the only ones invited, seems like we were the only ones under 60 in there today hahaha. Too bad I have never played football, or else I might be interested!
feels better :) Ice & some cream on it and it's almost new. too bad, football is awesome! wish I lived in the U.S so there would be major leagues to play from a young age. we don't have football here on high schools nor university, pretty sux that everything surrounds soccer here.

Sun, have you figured out what sort of movement is causing the pull? Is it a run or a jump? A side or frontal move?

Take care of it in the hopes you don't do more permanent damage!

no. actually I tried thinking about it and I can't point where exactly that happened. probably a run, but I can't tell if it was lateral or frontal. thanks for caring drake, I do take care of it :D

The Sun
07-17-09, 1:02 pm
squat bar,40,40,60x5,75x3,85x2,100x1,110x2x5,110x1 PR lost it in the bottom
everything after a squat failure feels 2 tons heavier.
bench bar,40,60x5,75x3,90x1,100x4,3 gave up 3rd set for good.
powerclean worked to 70kg and got a double then pulled a muscle in my back so I called it a day.

can call this a pretty shitty workout 'cuz bench stopped progressing in the linear way, so I kind of have to check out what's going on with it. perhaps switch bench with overhead press days and deload for the purpose of performing 5x5s.

it all depends on how sunday's squats will come along. if I get the 5-5-5 with 110kg then I should not even think about changing a thing.

J A Y
07-17-09, 1:37 pm
thanks bro, doing my best.

deadlift set
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv84nOTbGUM

sun i think i may be able to help you put up some more numbers on your deads bro, you know on the video you start like with your back almost at like a 45 degree angle, try sitting down a bit lower, like getting your ass a bit closer to the floor, bending at the knees a bit more, when you start so your head is up and back is almost at like a 60 degree angle to the floor...

you can pull more with your legs then, it looks like you are almost pulling all from your back.
if you start a bit lower you can really focus on driving your heels through the floor and ultimately engaging your hams more and lifting more weight..

its not a critisicsm at all bro, i was just browsing through and saw the link and come to the conclusion you put it up for a form check?

i got a link aswel if you wana check some more stuff to help with form which is better than my explanation and got vids,pics,instructions which are clearer!...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-O_MT72rck

keep up the good work aswel!

Psycho77
07-18-09, 12:14 am
sun i think i may be able to help you put up some more numbers on your deads bro, you know on the video you start like with your back almost at like a 45 degree angle, try sitting down a bit lower, like getting your ass a bit closer to the floor, bending at the knees a bit more, when you start so your head is up and back is almost at like a 60 degree angle to the floor...

you can pull more with your legs then, it looks like you are almost pulling all from your back.
if you start a bit lower you can really focus on driving your heels through the floor and ultimately engaging your hams more and lifting more weight..

its not a critisicsm at all bro, i was just browsing through and saw the link and come to the conclusion you put it up for a form check?

i got a link aswel if you wana check some more stuff to help with form which is better than my explanation and got vids,pics,instructions which are clearer!...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-O_MT72rck

keep up the good work aswel!

I agree with Jay. Try and get your back near vertical and take the weight up with your legs.

The Sun
07-19-09, 3:15 pm
due to the back pain I had to switch the strength workout with a HIIT one (football specific of course)

high knees 2x15m
buttkickers 2x15m
side steps 2x15m
backpaddle 2x15m
sprint 2x15m

magic square 10m between cones x10rounds 5 each leg
magic square focusing on cutting directions x5 rounds each leg
zig-zags x 10 rounds
short distance between cones zig-zags x I dont know how many rounds

vertical jump to full depth squats 3x10 box height 2-3 aerobic steps

15m sprints x 6 rounds and groin started to hurt so I called it a day.

Psycho77
07-20-09, 12:01 pm
due to the back pain I had to switch the strength workout with a HIIT one (football specific of course)

high knees 2x15m
buttkickers 2x15m
side steps 2x15m
backpaddle 2x15m
sprint 2x15m

magic square 10m between cones x10rounds 5 each leg
magic square focusing on cutting directions x5 rounds each leg
zig-zags x 10 rounds
short distance between cones zig-zags x I dont know how many rounds

vertical jump to full depth squats 3x10 box height 2-3 aerobic steps

15m sprints x 6 rounds and groin started to hurt so I called it a day.

whatever those exercises are.....good work on em!

The Sun
07-20-09, 12:43 pm
whatever those exercises are.....good work on em!

thanks!
you can youtube zig zags football or running back drills to see what sort of training are these

shizz702
07-20-09, 12:55 pm
Sun, how ya been brotha?

So you're training for sport now? Good shit, looks like that squat is climbing too!

The Sun
07-20-09, 4:26 pm
Sun, how ya been brotha?

So you're training for sport now? Good shit, looks like that squat is climbing too!

yea I'm doing some specific work and I cut one strength workout for a football one, making it a 2 times strength and 2 times specific per week.

my back still hurts though, so I gotta take as much rest as needed :\

Shamus11B
07-20-09, 5:30 pm
Stretch that back every chance you get man, I want to hear about you running TD's in this year. Good luck with all the work brother.

The Sun
07-20-09, 5:33 pm
Stretch that back every chance you get man, I want to hear about you running TD's in this year. Good luck with all the work brother.

I'll do my best bro, I just hope I can get some field time, don't forget my team is last season's champions so if I get to run a few plays that's a great start..

The Sun
07-21-09, 2:52 pm
well, I went to do my strength workout tonight with the back pain. warmed up with good mornings, RDLs and some BW squats as I always do, didn't help the back pain.

there are few things graven in stone, except that you have to do your squats"
- mark rippetoe

gotta squat.

squat bar,bar,40,60x5,75x3,90x1,100x1,110kgx3x5 PR YEAH
press bar,30x5,45x3,52x2,62x4,62kgx4
deadlift 60x5,85x3,115x1,130kgx5

no idea how I got the 1st squat set. 2nd rep barely came up and I thought I was done by then. 2nd set went tough as nails. 3rd set surprised me, it came up pretty much quickly. I guess I could keep my back arch better on the 3rd set, weird.

press got fucked up: 1st set I missed a rep because the grip was not even, made me to come up weak and not get beneath the bar quickly. rested and got to the 2nd set, hoping to get 5 reps. got 2 reps quickly and on the 3rd rep I got the bar straight to my chin, lol, had to press it powerfully up losing all the velocity from the bottom, caused me a tough as nails 4th rep. missed the 5th of course and called it a day for the press. there's always next time.

most important thing is that the back pain didn't get any worse after the workout, and of course the squat which came up another day. stronger than yesterday.

J Wong
07-21-09, 2:53 pm
Good shit

The Sun
07-21-09, 3:16 pm
Good shit

that's what I said when I was done with the 3rd set... :D
after the 1st set I felt wobbly. when I was done with the 2nd one my view blurred, I felt wobbly and I almost lost balance and fell down when I took the belt off lol. my head was spinning :D

Psycho77
07-21-09, 9:05 pm
stronger than yesterday.

can't ask for anything else, bro.

The Sun
07-22-09, 4:41 am
can't ask for anything else, bro.

that's all what matters.

diesel1976
07-22-09, 6:57 am
stronger than yesterday.

You said it solid. That is what matters. Always stronger than yesterday...
How you been Sun?

The Sun
07-22-09, 8:38 am
stronger than yesterday.

You said it solid. That is what matters. Always stronger than yesterday...
How you been Sun?

been around, had a few issues with life (got discharged from army, had to get a job and finish with the cut I've been through)

now I'm back pounding, joined a football team and I'm doing my best to get a first team jersey! as long as the squats come along I'm pleased :)

where've you been D? haven't seen you around for a while... jumping now to your journey!

The Sun
07-23-09, 11:53 am
wasn't training today at my own gym due to logistical problems, went to some shitty place without an option to squat cuz no place to put the bar on the dips or whatever, so I just did what I could:

Powerclean&front squat 65kg 3x3 pretty easy but I wasn't sure I'm able to powerclean 70 without a decent warmup.

Bench press bar,bar,40,60x5,75x3,85x1,100x2x5, 100x3 (failed) PR!
better bench than we got for sure, lower with a stable base, better hooks and wider bench so it felt a lot easier. the bar was shitty though, without knurls rofl.

pullups 1x10
chins 1x12
pullups 1x8 and called it a day, had to get back home quickly.

The Sun
07-25-09, 3:33 pm
Friday:
played 4x4 touch football (outside of the league\team practices we don't tackle, no insurance)

many sprints and stuff, legs toasted.
tomorrow - 112kg squats.

The Sun
07-26-09, 2:00 pm
tonight:

squat bar,40,60x5,75x3,90x1,100x1,112x5 (PRish),112x2 and dropped it at the bottom.
press bar,30x5,42x3,52x2,62x4 and failed, time to deload
powerclean 60x5x3

not very happy with that workout, first squat set felt just fine for a heavy set and I guess I just lost concentration on the 2nd one. will work a light squat on Tue and probably go for it again on Thu\Fri.

truth is my Tri's are a mess and I should have deloaded the press already, and I just wanted to give it a last shot after I managed to get a PR on the bench last workout. guess I learn only the hard way.

The Sun
07-27-09, 2:59 pm
football specific workout:

warmup:
2 circuits around the field, stretches.

mobility & agility:
2x15m high knees
2x15m buttkickers
2x15m walking lunge
2x15m lateral shuffle
2x15m lateral skipping

5 rounds for each side (10 total) x magic square: 7m lateral skipping -> 7m backpaddle -> 7m lateral shuffle -> 7m sprint

4 rounds for each side (8 total) x magic square focusing on direction cuts with outside leg.

plyometric work:
20m x full squat jumps x 5 rounds

sprints:
20m x 10 rounds with 1.5 min rest between rounds, focusing on exploding from the Running back stance.

shizz702
07-27-09, 6:21 pm
Man those squats have came a long way sun, keep climbing brotha!

T o m m Y
07-27-09, 6:22 pm
Nice squats man!

The Sun
07-27-09, 6:33 pm
Man those squats have came a long way sun, keep climbing brotha!

Nice squats man!

thanks a bunch guys!
shizz yeah, 116kg was my RM1 on February, I'm that close to 5 it !
sitting on a bw of 78.3KG according to the scale yesterday's morning :P

Firedrake
07-27-09, 6:36 pm
Great stuff! Between the squatting progress and the football-specific work, you've definitely got to be looking better!

The Sun
07-27-09, 6:38 pm
Great stuff! Between the squatting progress and the football-specific work, you've definitely got to be looking better!

thanks Drake!
well, who cares about how I look? it's about how hard I hit somebody with pads on and the football in his hands!

The Sun
07-28-09, 1:51 pm
"aerobic" workout lol

light squat bar,40,60x5,75x2,85x2x5
light bench ( bad elbow ) bar,40,60,80x5

minimum rest between sets.

crossfit WOD
roundxrep clean&jerk 50KG - did push presses instead of jerks
got to 9th round and stopped on 5th rep due to being a pussy, should've continued for sure.

overall: 40 clean&pushpresses with 50kg

Firedrake
07-28-09, 3:52 pm
thanks Drake!
well, who cares about how I look? it's about how hard I hit somebody with pads on and the football in his hands!

Granted -- AND about how well you can TAKE a hit, if necessary. Then again, you want to look good for the ladies AFTER the game, right? *grin*

"aerobic" workout lol

light squat bar,40,60x5,75x2,85x2x5
light bench ( bad elbow ) bar,40,60,80x5

minimum rest between sets.

crossfit WOD
roundxrep clean&jerk 50KG - did push presses instead of jerks
got to 9th round and stopped on 5th rep due to being a pussy, should've continued for sure.

overall: 40 clean&pushpresses with 50kg

Nah, you're not being a pussy -- you're taking care of the elbow . . . right? That's it, really . . . isn't it? *grin*

The Sun
07-28-09, 3:54 pm
Granted -- AND about how well you can TAKE a hit, if necessary. Then again, you want to look good for the ladies AFTER the game, right? *grin*

Nah, you're not being a pussy -- you're taking care of the elbow . . . right? That's it, really . . . isn't it? *grin*

ladies don't care about arms and abs they only care bout your bank account lol :)

well, sort of taking care lol. I've repped 40 times clean&pushpress lol, that's not really taking care.

JUGGERNAUT
07-28-09, 3:55 pm
Effort should be your middle name.

The Sun
07-28-09, 3:59 pm
Effort should be your middle name.

I like that! then what's yours? Intimidating?

JUGGERNAUT
07-28-09, 4:02 pm
I like that! then what's yours? Intimidating?

nah...WIMPY

The Sun
07-28-09, 4:04 pm
nah...WIMPY

lol, ok then I get to a 500 deadlift and be called wimpy too, I like that.

JUGGERNAUT
07-28-09, 4:17 pm
lol, ok then I get to a 500 deadlift and be called wimpy too, I like that.

"The day you call yourself strong is the same day you realize just how weak you are."

The Sun
07-28-09, 4:18 pm
"The day you call yourself strong is the same day you realize just how weak you are."
new signature.

JUGGERNAUT
07-28-09, 4:37 pm
new signature.

wow

Shamus11B
07-28-09, 6:31 pm
Still looking great in here. Hows football practice coming? Getting over those aches and pains?

The Sun
07-28-09, 8:48 pm
wow
lol it looks sarcastic!

Still looking great in here. Hows football practice coming? Getting over those aches and pains?
football is awesome, I like it so much!
no pains so far except for the working muscles (legs :\ ). gonna get my gear this Friday so I should start hitting people very soon, then we'll see what THEY know about pain. I'm just the distributor!

wedge
07-29-09, 10:50 am

I like it.

THEY[/B] know about pain. I'm just the distributor!

Looking forward to hearing about this.
Workouts looking great Sun. Keep it up and soon people will be running away from you screaming.

The Sun
07-29-09, 10:55 am
I like it.

Workouts looking great Sun. Keep it up and soon people will be running away from you screaming.

hell if they won't then I know I've been slacking off and didn't work hard enough!
thanks wedge!

JUGGERNAUT
07-29-09, 11:10 am
[QUOTE=The Sun;769727]lol it looks sarcastic!

Nah man, I was just shocked you used my saying in your sig...I'm touched haha
No sarcasm here.

The Sun
07-29-09, 11:42 am
lol it looks sarcastic!

Nah man, I was just shocked you used my saying in your sig...I'm touched haha
No sarcasm here.

it was damned good bro, if I wouldn't then someone else probably.

JUGGERNAUT
07-29-09, 1:11 pm
The day you call yourself strong is the same day you realize just how weak you are- JUGGERNAUT

Give credit where credit is due haha

Psycho77
07-29-09, 1:23 pm
everything looks great in here.

Solid work Mr. Effort!

JUGGERNAUT
07-29-09, 1:28 pm
.[/QUOTE] wedge
Workouts looking great Sun. Keep it up and soon people will be running away from you screaming.[/QUOTE]

SUN does that already when he skips a shower haha

The Sun
07-29-09, 1:43 pm
The day you call yourself strong is the same day you realize just how weak you are- JUGGERNAUT

Give credit where credit is due haha
right on!

everything looks great in here.

Solid work Mr. Effort!
still weak and skinny :[ will make that change soon!
thanks psycho!

wedge

SUN does that already when he skips a shower haha[/QUOTE]

shower? what's that... :\?

JUGGERNAUT
07-29-09, 1:56 pm
No shower for you, come back one year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNwbjcuQUv8

The Sun
07-29-09, 2:57 pm
No shower for you, come back one year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNwbjcuQUv8

HAHA
always makes me laugH!

The Sun
07-30-09, 2:02 pm
tonight's:

squat bar,40,50,70,85,100x5,115kgx3 big PR for me
strict press bar,30x5,45x3,55kgx2x5 deload and painful elbow
deadlift 70x5,90x3,115x1,130kgx5 pretty easy
weighted dead hang pullups+7.5kg 5,5 stopped due to pain in the elbow

aight so I have a bad elbow, gonna ice it and use some ibuprofen and check what's going on.
pretty happy with the squats, they felt not that terrible, surprisingly... satisfied
gonna 5 it with 115 on sunday.

J A Y
07-30-09, 4:21 pm
tonight's:

squat bar,40,50,70,85,100x5,115kgx3 big PR for me
strict press bar,30x5,45x3,55kgx2x5 deload and painful elbow
deadlift 70x5,90x3,115x1,130kgx5 pretty easy
weighted dead hang pullups+7.5kg 5,5 stopped due to pain in the elbow

aight so I have a bad elbow, gonna ice it and use some ibuprofen and check what's going on.
pretty happy with the squats, they felt not that terrible, surprisingly... satisfied
gonna 5 it with 115 on sunday.

good stuff with the squats bro.. coming along nicely!

J Wong
07-30-09, 4:30 pm
Great squats, just got done using the calculator to convert kgs to pounds haha

The Sun
07-30-09, 9:39 pm
good stuff with the squats bro.. coming along nicely!
thanks J, yeah I can feel them *grin* on my thighs, fuck it's painful.

Great squats, just got done using the calculator to convert kgs to pounds haha
thanks boom :P
lol well, thats nowhere near 475...

scals
07-30-09, 9:43 pm
What up Sun????

The Sun
07-30-09, 9:45 pm
What up Sun????

great brother, how ya been?
I'm great, joined a football team, now doing my best in the preseason to get stronger, faster and quicker. I wanna be 1st team!

what's going with you?

p/s
you'll have to excuse me, but its 5am here (just got back from a date which went totally crazy haha) so I have to go to bed, cuz my legs are so much in pain from all the walking... (damn them squats)

scals
07-30-09, 9:46 pm
great brother, how ya been?
I'm great, joined a football team, now doing my best in the preseason to get stronger, faster and quicker. I wanna be 1st team!

what's going with you?

Nice job brother. You'll get it. Same old shit. Eatin and liftin.

The Sun
07-30-09, 9:46 pm
Nice job brother. You'll get it. Same old shit. Eatin and liftin.

haha I bet you do, you are a one tough motherfucker you know...

you'll have to excuse me, but its 5am here (just got back from a date which went totally crazy haha) so I have to go to bed, cuz my legs are so much in pain from all the walking... (damn them squats)

scals
07-30-09, 10:17 pm
haha I bet you do, you are a one tough motherfucker you know...

Haha thanks bro.

No problem. get some rest.

The Sun
07-31-09, 10:37 am
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs191.snc1/6409_1191520793990_1407497324_30576262_265922_n.jp g

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs171.snc1/6409_1191520873992_1407497324_30576264_3080207_n.j pg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs191.snc1/6409_1191520753989_1407497324_30576261_3715172_n.j pg

C.Coronato
07-31-09, 1:51 pm
Looking good brother. Keep it up man! What/where are you playin ball for?

The Sun
07-31-09, 1:56 pm
Looking good brother. Keep it up man! What/where are you playin ball for?

hey TTL, thanks for stopping by at my little adventure.
playing for Modiin Pioneers football team (IFL - Israeli Football League) as a Runningback\Linebacker

shizz702
08-01-09, 3:53 pm
Looking good sun, glad to see all is well in here. I bet all this heavy lifting has really translated well into the football field for you.

The Sun
08-01-09, 4:26 pm
Looking good sun, glad to see all is well in here. I bet all this heavy lifting has really translated well into the football field for you.

thanks for stopping Shizz.
well, not yet, but I'm working on it!

scals
08-01-09, 5:52 pm
Gear looks good bro. Go out there and hit someone for me!

The Sun
08-01-09, 5:54 pm
Gear looks good bro. Go out there and hit someone for me!

thanks bro, will do as soon as there's a chance ! eagerly anticipating...

Psycho77
08-02-09, 4:06 am
love those squat workouts, Sun.
sick gear you have.

Oh yeah, how was the date?

The Sun
08-02-09, 6:32 am
love those squat workouts, Sun.
sick gear you have.

Oh yeah, how was the date?

really? I hate them, they are so fuckin' hard... no wait, I love 'em, they are so fuckin' hard... no wait... lol

thanks psycho, I couldn't sleep at night anticipating to get it!

it went great, thanks for asking, been to some pub and the beach and I got to meet her friends and everything went just cool.

SQUAT or DIE!
08-02-09, 1:37 pm
really? I hate them, they are so fuckin' hard... no wait, I love 'em, they are so fuckin' hard... no wait... lol

thanks psycho, I couldn't sleep at night anticipating to get it!

it went great, thanks for asking, been to some pub and the beach and I got to meet her friends and everything went just cool.

new gear looks cool bro!!

great date man, my frist date with my girl was on a beach by an aircraft carrier..... and yesterday i hung with her parents all day... hope you get a second date, and a third too

Firedrake
08-02-09, 2:15 pm
Good looking gear -- keep us posted about how you're doing!

Congrats on the date -- I sure could use one . . . haven't had one since April, dammit!

Great squats, too!

The Sun
08-02-09, 2:31 pm
new gear looks cool bro!!

great date man, my frist date with my girl was on a beach by an aircraft carrier..... and yesterday i hung with her parents all day... hope you get a second date, and a third too
thanks SOD!

well there's no 2nd or 3rd, she flew back to Maryland yesterday's night, so we'll kinda meet in like few months ahead when I'll go meet her in the U.S.

Good looking gear -- keep us posted about how you're doing!

Congrats on the date -- I sure could use one . . . haven't had one since April, dammit!

Great squats, too!
thanks drake, read above :) will sure keep you guys updated about team issues.

tonight:

squat bar,40,60,75,90,100x5,115x4 failed at 5th
light bench bar,40,60,75,90x5
high pulls 40,50,60,60x3,
highpulls and powerclean on 3rd 4th and 5th push press 3x3

squats felt alright 'till the 3rd rep with 115kg, the 5th rep was such a loose one, I just did it without concentrating cuz my body felt like collapsing. so I dropped the bar at the bottom.

bench felt fine as much as elbow was involved.
elbow started to annoy me on the push presses so I stopped pretty quick doing them, though they felt ok as far as form was involved.

scals
08-02-09, 6:31 pm
Nice workout brother.

The Sun
08-02-09, 8:58 pm
Nice workout brother.

thanks dude, I really have to get the 5 with 115. must get 125kg for 5, so I can go for 3 plates (140kg) for 1!

The Sun
08-03-09, 4:05 pm
football specific workout:

warmup

mobility & agility:
2x20yard high knees
2x20yard buttkickers
2x20yard lateral shuffle
2x20yard lateral skipping

10yards (40 total) square focus 5 rounds per each site (total 10) focusing on direction cuts.

zigzags 4 per side (8 total) with sprint at the last cone.

plyometrics:

10yard full squat jumps x 2 rounds
3x10 box full squat jumps with minimum rest.

speed:

10yard dash x5 rounds
20 yard dash x3 rounds - time: 3.33

next time will try to break 3.33 on the 20yard dash, and set a time for the 40 yard dash.

got some videos from tonight (worked with a partner from the team and he brought his camera) so I might upload some stuff later so you guys get a chance to see what's really going on...

J A Y
08-03-09, 4:16 pm
thanks dude, I really have to get the 5 with 115. must get 125kg for 5, so I can go for 3 plates (140kg) for 1!

keep at it bro! without failure you cannot truly appreciate success! just remember those squats the next time you get under that bar and kill em!

The Sun
08-03-09, 4:20 pm
keep at it bro! without failure you cannot truly appreciate success! just remember those squats the next time you get under that bar and kill em!

YEA! that's it!
thanks bro, I needed it.

J A Y
08-03-09, 4:24 pm
YEA! that's it!
thanks bro, I needed it.

no problem man, it what we are all here for! to share our own struggles and to help others through theirs! i bet you can get those squats, its just one of those exercises that if your not 100 percent up for it mentally, you arent going to get it!

The Sun
08-03-09, 6:05 pm
no problem man, it what we are all here for! to share our own struggles and to help others through theirs! i bet you can get those squats, its just one of those exercises that if your not 100 percent up for it mentally, you arent going to get it!

thanks dude.

video of 10 yard dash, will get more videos tomorrow as soon as my partner uploads them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H55jVJ3XlG0

I'm pretty satisfied as I never seemed to be quick or fast, and I couldn't accelerate even if my life were on the line. so... that's improvement.

shizz702
08-03-09, 8:29 pm
Looking good in here Sun, you have got be getting to be a good athlete at this point!

SQUAT or DIE!
08-03-09, 8:35 pm
Looking good in here Sun, you have got be getting to be a good athlete at this point!

i must be rubbing off.. LOL

The Sun
08-03-09, 8:41 pm
nah, I still suck balls lol. but I'm working on it!

lol that made me laugh :D

The Sun
08-04-09, 6:38 am
ok, so these are the other videos:

zig-zags' 5th round:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNu2wTZetxA

plyometrics work:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGG0QZ-0EYA

On Letting Go
08-04-09, 7:00 am
Cool vids. Keep pushin hard to get the single with 3 plates. With your drive, you got this shit no problem.

OLG

The Sun
08-04-09, 10:15 am
Ok I think this is a better watch of the zigzags, now with increased brightness effect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD7Aoh3nPgM

The Sun
08-04-09, 10:16 am
Cool vids. Keep pushin hard to get the single with 3 plates. With your drive, you got this shit no problem.

OLG
thanks OLG. I'll crawl my way there, but I'll get it.

Psycho77
08-04-09, 11:45 am

nice!

The Sun
08-05-09, 4:30 pm
Football tonight:

first time we worked on defense, and I was like " OH YEA IM GONNA HIT SOMEBODY" well, not tonight.
worked on interceptions first. lots of sprints and ball catching.
then, worked on pass interference and finally, a tackle stance and technique!

I got to line up with the biggest guy in attendance on tonight's practice, full geared, and only got to tackle from very, very close distance. so that was like practice technique, I could already feel how badass tackling is.

gotta wait 'till next week though. I'm gonna come back stronger every week.

p.s
I have to strengthen my neck.

The Sun
08-06-09, 5:38 am
ok so me and ramping weights don't go a long, time to give a shot to the Texas Method.

Sunday: Volume
5x5 squat
5x5 bench
5x3 powerclean

working across

Tuesday: Light
2x5 squat
2x5 overhead press
3x3 clean pulls
3x5 pullups

Friday: Intensity
1x5\3 squat
1x5\3 bench
1x5\3 deadlift

shit is: Sunday is volume, Monday is Football specific including sprints and plyos, Tuesday is a light day though still not allowing a rest, Wed is Football practice with the team.
this is leaving me only Thursday and Saturday as rest days. I hope I can manage to progress.

shizz702
08-06-09, 8:46 pm
The Texas Method is brutal bro!

Words of advice, start LIGHT on the 5 sets across!

Give yourself at least a month to build up for it as it is very taxing!

Best of luck to you on this brother, looking foward to seeing how it goes for you!

The Sun
08-06-09, 8:58 pm
The Texas Method is brutal bro!

Words of advice, start LIGHT on the 5 sets across!

Give yourself at least a month to build up for it as it is very taxing!

Best of luck to you on this brother, looking foward to seeing how it goes for you!

yeah I will deload the weights, starting off lighter.
thanks brother, hopefully the way for 3 plates squat is getting shorter.

The Sun
08-07-09, 12:35 pm
another miss due to bad form on the heavy 5

squat bar,40,60x5,75x3,85x1,100x1,115x4 bad form caused bad set
bench ramped up to 100x1 just to check what's going on with the elbow, not ready yet to heavy presses
deadlift 60x5,80x1,115x1,135x5
power shrugs (first time doing them) 100x5,130x2x5

shizz702
08-08-09, 5:10 pm
Don't get too down on yourself about bad form sun.

When you go relatively heavy sometimes your body just does what comes natural to move the weight.

Just focus on progression, and as long as your form is safe you're good to go.

The Sun
08-09-09, 2:41 pm
tonight:
squats bar,bar,40,60x5,75x3,80x1,95kgx5x5
bench bar,40,60x5,75x2,85x5x5
powerclean 40(clean pulls)x3x2,50(clean pulls)x3x2,60(clean pulls)x3,60x5x3

that has to be one of the most grinding workouts, 5th squat set arrived and caught me REALLY exhausted. luckily - I deloaded enough so it felt pretty good. bench was a piece of a cake, barely rest between sets and elbow feels slightly better.

powercleans were off speed, so fucking exhausted, I might move the powercleans to the light day or the intensity day (that will cause me to deadlift on the volume day, so that's a bad option but I'll have to give it a shot)

got a set of the squats tonight, just to take care my form does not get sloppy again. will upload later.

The Sun
08-09-09, 3:05 pm
2nd squat set:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Tt2f7RTpT8

The Sun
08-10-09, 9:32 am
I am so beat up today.
my lower back and thighs are so sore, and I have my football practice in 3.5 hours. that's gonna be hilarious...

The Sun
08-10-09, 12:50 pm
aight getting my coffee and out for the football practice. I can barely walk lol.
fucking 5 sets with 95kg, what was i thinking?

wedge
08-10-09, 2:21 pm
aight getting my coffee and out for the football practice. I can barely walk lol.
fucking 5 sets with 95kg, what was i thinking?

that that does not kill you will only make you stronger.
How'd practice go bro?

The Sun
08-10-09, 5:28 pm
that that does not kill you will only make you stronger.
How'd practice go bro?

HELL YEAH!

Football practice:

never had so many HIITs. I was gased out so quick and rest of the practice I was just trying to get my breathe back. it was a hard practice indeed.

finally got to HIT somebody, though it was only 1 hit during an offense drill. but still, I jumped up as a Tight End and tackled the Defensive End preventing him from getting to the QuarterBack.

well, my back is still extremely sore, and now my neck stepped up too the helmet is giving me a hard time because it gets in touch with the back of the shoulder pads. coach says I just have to strengthen my neck by getting pads on and get on the stance. will give it a try on the rest days.

tomorrow's a light day, hopefully it will feel light.

Shamus11B
08-11-09, 12:41 am
Got to love hitting people man. Power through that neck pain, and show them football players what an Animal is.

Psycho77
08-11-09, 1:48 am
HELL YEAH!

Football practice:

never had so many HIITs. I was gased out so quick and rest of the practice I was just trying to get my breathe back. it was a hard practice indeed.

finally got to HIT somebody, though it was only 1 hit during an offense drill. but still, I jumped up as a Tight End and tackled the Defensive End preventing him from getting to the QuarterBack.

well, my back is still extremely sore, and now my neck stepped up too the helmet is giving me a hard time because it gets in touch with the back of the shoulder pads. coach says I just have to strengthen my neck by getting pads on and get on the stance. will give it a try on the rest days.

tomorrow's a light day, hopefully it will feel light.

I like hitting people too. haha. nice work. hope the neck gets better.