PDA

View Full Version : Your program Sucks, Try Mine!!

sideburnz
07-01-09, 12:34 pm
I've been doing some reading on this new system which many bodybuilders have been using e.g. big ron & cutler.. & they have said it has caused massive gains.. FST which stands for Fascia Stretch Training.. & 7 stands for the 7sets that are to be done.. I'm thinking of doing this program once my current routine runs out in two weeks time.. I just want to know if anyone knows about this program & if it causes overtraining..even in the official website it states that small muscle groups like the arms can and should be trained twice per week..which is complicating.. I was thinking of doing these for my arms with the Fst-7:

Dumbbell curls 5sets
Rope cable curls 4sets
Barbell curls FST-7 10reps

Dips 3sets
Close grip bench presses 3sets
Lying triceps extensions 3sets
Rope pushdowns FST-7 10reps

I need to know if this would work and if FST-7 is beneficial.

sideburnz
07-01-09, 12:36 pm
Check this video out, it's about the FST-7.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aujvRfVeQ0k

Aggression
07-01-09, 12:38 pm
Occasionally I end my workouts with a FST-7 set. Last night I ended hamstrings with FST-7 Seated Leg Curls. Its a good way to get one last pump before headin' home.

Littlefry
07-01-09, 12:47 pm
Ive been running FST-7 for around 8 weeks now and Im loving it. The program has really helped me add some noticable size and good definition overall. I would personally only do arms 1x a week, unless they are a stubborn bodypart for you than you could go 2x a week. The only muscle I opt to train 2x a week besides abs is calves.

sideburnz
07-01-09, 1:10 pm
Ive been running FST-7 for around 8 weeks now and Im loving it. The program has really helped me add some noticable size and good definition overall. I would personally only do arms 1x a week, unless they are a stubborn bodypart for you than you could go 2x a week. The only muscle I opt to train 2x a week besides abs is calves.

My arms are quite stubborn but i do train them once eventhough i'm tempted to train them twice per week. Even if i do train them twice a week i would be hitting them thrice as i hit them on back day too,which is bad. Anyway what is the main purpose of the FST-7.. Size or definition?

ronald1919
07-01-09, 1:59 pm
I dont really understand how is this different from doing a drop set or a burnout set at the end of the workout ??

C.Coronato
07-01-09, 2:02 pm

Have you been doing a whole FST workout or have your been following Haneys site? and a specific workout?

sideburnz
07-01-09, 2:29 pm
Have you been doing a whole FST workout or have your been following Haneys site? and a specific workout?

I do not know about littlefry's workout but i want to do a routine something like the one in haney's site.

In Flames
07-01-09, 2:54 pm
Why not just train how Pro Serge Nubret trains?

Chest day...

8 x 10-12 Flat Bench
6 x 10-12 Flat Fly's
6 x 10-12 Incline Bench
6 x 10-12 Incline Fly's
6 x 10-12 Barbell Pullovers

All sets rest only 15-30 seconds MAX.

sideburnz
07-01-09, 3:01 pm

Chest day...

8 x 10-12 Flat Bench
6 x 10-12 Flat Fly's
6 x 10-12 Incline Bench
6 x 10-12 Incline Fly's

Thats too many sets bro!!

sideburnz
07-01-09, 3:02 pm
I do not know why nobody seems to be answering my questions. My initial questions are from my first post and lastly what is the main purpose of the FST-7.. Size or definition? THANK YOU

Kingquads
07-01-09, 3:08 pm

Chest day...

8 x 10-12 Flat Bench
6 x 10-12 Flat Fly's
6 x 10-12 Incline Bench
6 x 10-12 Incline Fly's

woa!! no thank you!! lol

Kingquads
07-01-09, 3:12 pm
I do not know why nobody seems to be answering my questions. My initial questions are from my first post and lastly what is the main purpose of the FST-7.. Size or definition? THANK YOU

the main purpose of fst-7 is really just to tire out and kill the muscle

it would overtrain you big time, i mean some people were born with great genetics so they can withstand that amount of training

its not bad at all, but if you did it for arms, that would def overtrain your arms, because biceps and triceps only need a few movements to grow, same for chest and quads, i think maybe doing them for back,hamstrings,maybe even delts would go good

dropshot001
07-01-09, 3:28 pm
the main purpose of fst-7 is really just to tire out and kill the muscle

it would overtrain you big time, i mean some people were born with great genetics so they can withstand that amount of training

its not bad at all, but if you did it for arms, that would def overtrain your arms, because biceps and triceps only need a few movements to grow, same for chest and quads, i think maybe doing them for back,hamstrings,maybe even delts would go good

i thought that it was to give the muscle such a big pump that you stretch the fascia from the inside out, which is why fst is short for "fascial stretch training"

In Flames
07-01-09, 3:42 pm

Size doesn't come from your workouts, it comes from how much food you are eating.

Definition doesn't come from your workouts, it comes from dieting and cardio.

sideburnz
07-01-09, 3:44 pm
i thought that it was to give the muscle such a big pump that you stretch the fascia from the inside out, which is why fst is short for "fascial stretch training"

yeah that made sense .. plus thats what it says in haney's website.. maybe overtraining is good for ppl who have stubborn arms.. it might be just the boost you need.

sideburnz
07-01-09, 3:50 pm
Size doesn't come from your workouts, it comes from how much food you are eating.

bro i do agree with you but there has to be a reason why people have different Rep range.. some for strength , muscle growth & definition with high reps.. your training plays a part in what you want to achieve also .. not just your food and cardio..

Littlefry
07-01-09, 4:36 pm
Here is my full FST-7 split that I use. Its from haney site. After I read his articles I put together my own FST-7 program based on my needs, however it still follows everyone of his principles to the T.

FST-7 Routine

Day 1 – Quads – Hams – Calves

Quads
Leg extensions 3 x 12 10 8 (warm-up)
Squats 4 x 12 10 8 8
Leg press 3 x 12 10 8
Leg extension 7 x 10 (25 sec rest between sets - max)

Hamstrings
Lying leg curls 3 x 12 10 8 (warm-up)
Stiff-leg deadlift 3-4 x 10-12
Single leg curl 3-4 x 10-15 each leg
Lying leg curls 7 x 10 (25 sec rest between sets - max)

Calves
Workout A
Standing calf raise 4 x 12 10 8 8
Seated calf raise 4 x 15 15 15 15
Leg press calf raise 7 x 10 (25 sec rest between sets - max)

Day 2 – Back Width – Triceps

Back - width emphasis
Warm-up: Neutral-grip chin-ups 3 x failure
Wide-grip Pulldowns 3 x 12 10 8
Barbell row 3 x 12 10 8
Machine row 3 x 12 10 8
Cable Row 7 x 10 (25 sec rest between sets - max)

Triceps
Close-grip bench press 4 x 12 10 8 8
Skull Crushers 3 x 12 10 8
Cable extension 7 x 10 (25 sec rest between sets - max)

Day 3 – Delts – Biceps
Shoulders
Seated Barbell press 4 x 12 10 8 8
Dumbbell front raise 3 x 12 10 8
Barbell Up-right Row 3 x 12 10 8
Lateral Dumbbell Raises 7 x 10 (25 sec rest between sets - max)

Biceps
Barbell Curls 4 x 12 10 8 8
Alternate Dumbbell Curl 3 x 12 10 8
EZ-Bar Curls 7 x 10 (25 sec rest between sets - max)

Day 4 – Pecs – Calves
Chest
Incline dumbbell press 4 x 12 10 8 8
Incline dumbbell fly’s 3 x 12 10 8
Flat Bench 3 x 12 10 8
Pec deck 7 x 10 (25 sec rest between sets - max)

Calves
Workout B
Leg press or calf sled raise 4 x 12 12 10 10
Standing calf raise 4 x 12 12 10 10
Seated calf raise 7 x 10 (25 sec rest between sets - max)

Littlefry

sideburnz
07-01-09, 5:05 pm
Here is my full FST-7 split that I use. Its from haney site. After I read his articles I put together my own FST-7 program based on my needs, however it still follows everyone of his principles to the T.

FST-7 Routine

Day 1 – Quads – Hams – Calves

Quads
Leg extensions 3 x 12 10 8 (warm-up)
Squats 4 x 12 10 8 8
Leg press 3 x 12 10 8
Leg extension 7 x 10 (25 sec rest between sets - max)

Hamstrings
Lying leg curls 3 x 12 10 8 (warm-up)
Stiff-leg deadlift 3-4 x 10-12
Single leg curl 3-4 x 10-15 each leg
Lying leg curls 7 x 10 (25 sec rest between sets - max)

Calves
Workout A
Standing calf raise 4 x 12 10 8 8
Seated calf raise 4 x 15 15 15 15
Leg press calf raise 7 x 10 (25 sec rest between sets - max)

Day 2 – Back Width – Triceps

Back - width emphasis
Warm-up: Neutral-grip chin-ups 3 x failure
Wide-grip Pulldowns 3 x 12 10 8
Barbell row 3 x 12 10 8
Machine row 3 x 12 10 8
Cable Row 7 x 10 (25 sec rest between sets - max)

Triceps
Close-grip bench press 4 x 12 10 8 8
Skull Crushers 3 x 12 10 8
Cable extension 7 x 10 (25 sec rest between sets - max)

Day 3 – Delts – Biceps
Shoulders
Seated Barbell press 4 x 12 10 8 8
Dumbbell front raise 3 x 12 10 8
Barbell Up-right Row 3 x 12 10 8
Lateral Dumbbell Raises 7 x 10 (25 sec rest between sets - max)

Biceps
Barbell Curls 4 x 12 10 8 8
Alternate Dumbbell Curl 3 x 12 10 8
EZ-Bar Curls 7 x 10 (25 sec rest between sets - max)

Day 4 – Pecs – Calves
Chest
Incline dumbbell press 4 x 12 10 8 8
Incline dumbbell fly’s 3 x 12 10 8
Flat Bench 3 x 12 10 8
Pec deck 7 x 10 (25 sec rest between sets - max)

Calves
Workout B
Leg press or calf sled raise 4 x 12 12 10 10
Standing calf raise 4 x 12 12 10 10
Seated calf raise 7 x 10 (25 sec rest between sets - max)

Littlefry

bro your routine looks good.. something that i may even do.. as you were saying you gained some considerable size and definition, after how long of doing FST-7 did you see the results?..plus when doin the FST-7 do you use a lighter weight?... & just wanna let you know that the only thing lacking in your routine are your rear delts.. :D

Kingquads
07-01-09, 5:51 pm

size comes from training, then eating, you can eat without training and get fat, or you can train and not eat and have decent muscles, or you can train and eat and become a beast, you gota do both

Kingquads
07-01-09, 5:55 pm

dont believe that crap man, people are just making bodybuilding so complicated these days, most people dont relise all you need is bench,military press,deadlifts,squats to get big, for example if you wanna bring out a lagging bodypart,

for chest- do presses, cut the flyes out for showtime
for delts- presses, maybe some bent over lats will work, front raises? waste of time
for back- deadlifts, enough said, barbell rows as well
for legs- squats, leave the machines untouched
for triceps- skullcrushers, dont even look at the pushdown machines
for biceps- basic bar or dumbbell curls is all you need

Littlefry
07-02-09, 10:02 am
dont believe that crap man, people are just making bodybuilding so complicated these days, most people dont relise all you need is bench,military press,deadlifts,squats to get big, for example if you wanna bring out a lagging bodypart,

King is right, I gained all my size during my 5x5 routine cycles. All they involved where bench, squat, military press, and deadlift. Plus I ate like a horse. Im using FST-7 as a gradual cutting/maintaining routine for the summer, but it has helped me gain more definition in areas that where lacking a little.

C.Coronato
07-02-09, 10:06 am

for delts- presses, maybe some bent over lats will work, front raises? waste of time

I could not disagree with you more. To gain mass and powerlifting, yes maybe those core lifts will work. But do you really think not doing front raises or pushdowns or leg extensions or lunges you are going to be deeply cut and defined when you step on stage as a bodybuilder? You have MANY more muscles than the ones your hitting with the basic movements.

OklahomaMuscle
07-02-09, 10:25 am

While I partially agree that the lifts in your list are FOUNDATIONAL, I do believe as a lifter advances they should incorporate isolation and other lifts to continue the "bodyBUILDING process. Now if I understand you correctly, any exercises not on this list are a "waste of time" Is this for all bodybuilding, or simply during the initial foundational building? If you don't mind me asking can you support your claims with evidence? Maybe some personal stats pictures of you or others showing the benefits of only doing these exercises and neglecting other exercises? I'm not trying to flame you here brother, you are just making some pretty big claims that could push other members here to make some less than perfect decisions. While the lifts in you list are definitely the core and foundational lifts that should be done regularly for great gains especially in the foundational periods of this game, neglecting direct work of entire body parts seems counterproductive to the bodybuilding process.

sideburnz
07-02-09, 11:03 am
While I partially agree that the lifts in your list are FOUNDATIONAL, I do believe as a lifter advances they should incorporate isolation and other lifts to continue the "bodyBUILDING process. Now if I understand you correctly, any exercises not on this list are a "waste of time" Is this for all bodybuilding, or simply during the initial foundational building? If you don't mind me asking can you support your claims with evidence? Maybe some personal stats pictures of you or others showing the benefits of only doing these exercises and neglecting other exercises? I'm not trying to flame you here brother, you are just making some pretty big claims that could push other members here to make some less than perfect decisions. While the lifts in you list are definitely the core and foundational lifts that should be done regularly for great gains especially in the foundational periods of this game, neglecting direct work of entire body parts seems counterproductive to the bodybuilding process.

SPOT ON!

live2lift
07-02-09, 12:13 pm
Bro you need to look further into the site as well. I think its under the FAQ section, but he answers questions about how to do the program if you are a natty which should prevent the overtraining concern of it.

Peace

Littlefry
07-02-09, 2:14 pm
Bro you need to look further into the site as well. I think its under the FAQ section, but he answers questions about how to do the program if you are a natty which should prevent the overtraining concern of it.

Peace

Yes, he does go over the differences between a natural & non-natural trainnee. Best to read up before you design or go onto a FST-7 program. I read all of his articles and searched his form for question and answers that I needed.

sideburnz
07-02-09, 2:44 pm
Yes, he does go over the differences between a natural & non-natural trainnee. Best to read up before you design or go onto a FST-7 program. I read all of his articles and searched his form for question and answers that I needed.

bros.. what should i search for in the FAQs.. i tried fst-7 and nothing turned out..

Kingquads
07-02-09, 3:16 pm

thats true also, but for someone as young and inexperienced as sideburnz needs to focus on the core lifts first,then after hes built a decent structure with those lifts put in the isolation exercises

OklahomaMuscle
07-02-09, 3:20 pm
bros.. what should i search for in the FAQs.. i tried fst-7 and nothing turned out..

I think he means the FAQ's on the other site playboy, give that a shot.

Littlefry
07-02-09, 7:54 pm
Yes I meant the FAQ's on hanneys website.

npeezy
07-02-09, 8:56 pm
I did this routine while at the peak of an aas cycle and overtrained within a month...

I did it for every body part except for back and i was over tired..sick...never hungry...completely overtrained.

I say just do 3-4 exercises for chest/back/legs...2-3 movements for bis and tris and 3 movements for shoulders..

If you MUST...do fst7 for ONE large muscle group...your shoulders and arms will overtrain instantly otherwise..

Littlefry
07-02-09, 10:13 pm
I did this routine while at the peak of an aas cycle and overtrained within a month...

I did it for every body part except for back and i was over tired..sick...never hungry...completely overtrained.

I say just do 3-4 exercises for chest/back/legs...2-3 movements for bis and tris and 3 movements for shoulders..

If you MUST...do fst7 for ONE large muscle group...your shoulders and arms will overtrain instantly otherwise..

Thats funny many pro's right now are currently using an FST-7 style program to get ready for comps. You think while on AAS you would see great gains while using an FST-7 style program, but than again everyone responds different to certain types of training, maybe it jsut wasnt suited for you.

sideburnz
07-02-09, 11:42 pm
Just came back from a shoulder workout. & i was too tempted to do the FST-7.. i did it for the 1st time for lateral raises...was good.. but wasn't great.. guess i have to up the weights.. guys do give it a go..

live2lift
07-03-09, 2:25 am

on the fst7 site on the left click on articles and then past MD articles...page 2 has a couple of articles geared towards natties...you have to register to read them.

In Flames
07-03-09, 10:39 am
Thats funny many pro's right now are currently using an FST-7 style program to get ready for comps. You think while on AAS you would see great gains while using an FST-7 style program, but than again everyone responds different to certain types of training, maybe it jsut wasnt suited for you.

What pro's are following FST-7? Phil Heath?

sideburnz
07-03-09, 2:03 pm
What pro's are following FST-7? Phil Heath?

Big ron..jay cutler n phil heath

Littlefry
07-03-09, 6:16 pm
Big ron..jay cutler n phil heath

Yea those three to my knowledge, but probably more that I havent heard about yet. Either way those are three big name pro's that are following the program. Hanney is training lots of natural BB to using this program.