PDA

View Full Version : Rage's Cage

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Rage
04-02-10, 3:09 pm
Thanks again guys! Best of luck with your diets!

Obviously I have trained my guys well lol. They are giving you good solid advice here brother. I do prefer real whole foods whenever possible and you can throw a shake in there if the budget gets tight or if you workout early in the morning. I never allow dairy in a cut. PB usually doesn't come in until the end of a cut.

smoothballer
04-02-10, 3:15 pm
Start of Week 9:

Starting Weight: 194.5 lbs
Current Weight: 195.5 lbs (+1.0 lbs for the week)
Starting BF: 18%
Protein/Carbs: 300P/250C
Hunger: 3/10

Seems like my body wants to stay around that 194-195 mark. Also, I started back on a new cycle of Stak yesterday after my off week.

-Derek

There we go. This is a bit beter. Let's get you in for another bf test and see whats going on. No changes for now brother.

Rage,

I finally found a place to get checked. The trainers at my gym said they won't do calipers because everyone's pinch is different. I think she just didn't want to bother herself with it. Either way, I found a BODPOD location about 45 min away that I went to today.

Results:
Weight = 191.5 lbs
Fat = 18.4% - 35.3 lbs
Lean = 81.6% - 156.2 lbs
Est. RMR = 1893 kcal/day

Not exactly what I was hoping for. Are there any changes you want me to make?

-Derek

Rage
04-02-10, 3:17 pm
Rage,

I finally found a place to get checked. The trainers at my gym said they won't do calipers because everyone's pinch is different. I think she just didn't want to bother herself with it. Either way, I found a BODPOD location about 45 min away that I went to today.

Results:
Weight = 191.5 lbs
Fat = 18.4% - 35.3 lbs
Lean = 81.6% - 156.2 lbs
Est. RMR = 1893 kcal/day

Not exactly what I was hoping for. Are there any changes you want me to make?

-Derek

No changes brother. Just let me know this percentage each time you check in so I can keep this in perspective. Lets see about getting you back in the pod in a month or so to compare.

smoothballer
04-02-10, 3:30 pm
No changes brother. Just let me know this percentage each time you check in so I can keep this in perspective. Lets see about getting you back in the pod in a month or so to compare.

Thanks Tom! I really needed to hear "no changes" from you. I had my hopes up for a lower BF% and higher weight and when it didn't happen I started to doubt myself and what I am doing. I really want to add some serious lean mass to my body and then in the future do a cut to lower my BF%. I don't want to cut and end up scrawny.

-Derek

shortstack
04-05-10, 10:16 am
Hey Bro,

Good weigh in today. Up to 196. Got back on track and got all my meals in.

Jeremy

smoothballer
04-05-10, 11:57 am
Start of Week 10

Current Weight: 195.5 lbs (+0 lbs for the week)
BF: 18.4%

Tom, I know we just talked on Friday after my BODPOD test, but I wanted to see if there were any changes in my weight last week using my standard scale and report back to you.

-Derek

clifsgoals
04-05-10, 10:23 pm
Rage,

Great week, diet struggled this weekend, had a 3 day weekend in mountains with family. At 337 by end of Sunday..Should loose some of that by Wednesday. Still at 300 protein, 200 carbs,

Last 2 months have not done cardio, Starting back to keep my endurance up there. How much would you say is a good amount per week to not loose muscle.

njames
04-06-10, 9:14 am
Just completed week 5 of the cutting program:

Starting bf 25%
Starting Weight 190
New Weight 180
Appetite is fine.

My Achilles seems to be almost 100% again (close to 80-85%), so I can finally stop with the days off of cardio. I missed Friday's cardio (but threw in 2 more tricep exercises for 5 more sets total), Saturday & Sunday were not the full 60 minutes.

I also did a few more bi exercises yesterday.

This week's cheat meal didn't make me feel like I was going to give birth, so that's a plus.

I'm assuming to do the extra pound of yam tomorrow.

Also, does it work to split up the cardio - for example if it's supposed to be 60 minutes a day, doing 45 first thing in the morning and 15 right after weights - or does it have to be all together?

Rage
04-06-10, 7:59 pm
Start of Week 10

Current Weight: 195.5 lbs (+0 lbs for the week)

Tom, I know we just talked on Friday after my BODPOD test, but I wanted to see if there were any changes in my weight last week using my standard scale and report back to you.

-Derek

I like you right here this week. Lets see where we are next week.

Rage,

Great week, diet struggled this weekend, had a 3 day weekend in mountains with family. At 337 by end of Sunday..Should loose some of that by Wednesday. Still at 300 protein, 200 carbs,

Last 2 months have not done cardio, Starting back to keep my endurance up there. How much would you say is a good amount per week to not loose muscle.

Awesome. I would say 30 minutes 4 or 5 days a week should be good.

Just completed week 5 of the cutting program:

Starting bf 25%
Starting Weight 190
New Weight 180
Appetite is fine.

My Achilles seems to be almost 100% again (close to 80-85%), so I can finally stop with the days off of cardio. I missed Friday's cardio (but threw in 2 more tricep exercises for 5 more sets total), Saturday & Sunday were not the full 60 minutes.

I also did a few more bi exercises yesterday.

This week's cheat meal didn't make me feel like I was going to give birth, so that's a plus.

I'm assuming to do the extra pound of yam tomorrow.

Also, does it work to split up the cardio - for example if it's supposed to be 60 minutes a day, doing 45 first thing in the morning and 15 right after weights - or does it have to be all together?

Whats your weight loss for the week? 1 lb will work for tomorrow. For one hour of cardio, do it all at one time. When it goes to 1 hour and 15 minutes then you can split it into a 45/30.

MemphisMonster
04-06-10, 8:53 pm
Would just like to say thank you to rage for all the help. I've littery bugged the shit out of him the last couple of days lol. Got the diet in check can't wait for the doctor to give me the go to continue to hit the weights.

PIJW
04-06-10, 9:25 pm
Rage didn't weight today at the gym the scale was missing. I will weight tomorrow morning and check back in.

njames
04-06-10, 9:26 pm
[QUOTE=Rage;931853

Whats your weight loss for the week? 1 lb will work for tomorrow. For one hour of cardio, do it all at one time. When it goes to 1 hour and 15 minutes then you can split it into a 45/30.[/QUOTE]

I lost 2 pounds this past week.

PIJW
04-07-10, 10:15 am
Starting Week 5

Down from 208 to 207 this morning. Appetite is fine and cardio sucked this weekend due to pulled groin. Still killing the weights but taking it easy on the legs. Planning on getting BF checked this week to see what it has dropped too.

Rage
04-07-10, 5:06 pm
Would just like to say thank you to rage for all the help. I've littery bugged the shit out of him the last couple of days lol. Got the diet in check can't wait for the doctor to give me the go to continue to hit the weights.

Looking forward to working with you bro. Lets get you rockin and rollin.

Rage didn't weight today at the gym the scale was missing. I will weight tomorrow morning and check back in.

Ok, I see it below.

I lost 2 pounds this past week.

Good pace. Lets get 2 lbs in tomorrow and same cheat this weekend. When you check in next week, let me know your starting or current bf if you know it along with what week your on and how your appetite is doing on a scale of 1-10.

Starting Week 5

Down from 208 to 207 this morning. Appetite is fine and cardio sucked this weekend due to pulled groin. Still killing the weights but taking it easy on the legs. Planning on getting BF checked this week to see what it has dropped too.

Ok, take care of that injury. Thats a tough one to work around. No changes this week.

under7he13lood
04-08-10, 9:37 am
Rage, dieting sucks, but I'm sure you know that. I've been dieting for two weeks now, following yours for one week. Dropping money on food is getting ridic, but I'm doing my best. I've lost about 2Lbs so far, which I'm happy with because I don't want to drop too fast, looking to go down about 10lbs total with as little mass lost as possible. One more week as is then I'm going to add Animal Cuts in for 3 weeks, take a week off,then one more cycle of 3 weeks.

I'm going to try and send you pics soon, just PM them?

Rage
04-09-10, 6:58 pm
Rage, dieting sucks, but I'm sure you know that. I've been dieting for two weeks now, following yours for one week. Dropping money on food is getting ridic, but I'm doing my best. I've lost about 2Lbs so far, which I'm happy with because I don't want to drop too fast, looking to go down about 10lbs total with as little mass lost as possible. One more week as is then I'm going to add Animal Cuts in for 3 weeks, take a week off,then one more cycle of 3 weeks.

I'm going to try and send you pics soon, just PM them?

That works for me brother.

njames
04-12-10, 10:30 am
Just completed week 6 of the cutting program:

Starting bf 25%
Starting Weight 190
New Weight 178
Appetite is fine.

I once again missed Friday's cardio (but once again threw in 2 more tricep exercises for 5 more sets total). I just seem to run out of energy by Friday morning, so the cardio hasn't happened on Fridays for a few weeks. Every other day went fine.

I dropped another 2 pounds this week.

I was only able to get an ONE extra pound of yams this past Wednesday. Want me to do that again?

I'm going to have to search for a place to get my bodyfat done. The guy that would do it at my gym isn't there anymore. I'll put up an update whenever I can get it.

clifsgoals
04-12-10, 10:33 am
Rage,

At 235lb, protein at about 300, carbs around 200. started cardio last week, did 4 sessions of 20-30 minutes after work outs. burning 300+ cals each time. Feel great, getting a little thicker, extra reps because of having work out spotter has let me get past some sticking points, and go up in weight. Thanks. Clif

smoothballer
04-12-10, 1:45 pm
Start of Week 11

Current Weight: 201.5 lbs (+6 lbs for the week)

Tom, some strange things are going on here... I couldn't gain anything and now 6 lbs? Well, let me start off by saying this has been a strange week. I had to do my 4 workouts (3 were HRT) in a row without a rest day because of Easter. Also I got my wisdom teeth out on Friday so my diet has been kind of fucked up over the weekend. When I got on the scale this morning I figured I would be reporting a loss of a couple pounds cause I could barely eat on Friday and I had to switch from chicken to ground beef and ground turkey since it was too hard to chew. Other than my one cheat meal last week, I have been pretty strict. Maybe my body is holding water or something from the surgery...or maybe my scale is busted...who knows. I don't think I gained fat. Not sure what to think...

-Derek

MemphisMonster
04-13-10, 7:31 pm
Starting Weight: 226
Current Weight: 222bs
Starting BF: no clue
Protein/Carbs: 300/150-200
Hunger: 2/10
Only time im hungry is about 30 minutes before my next meal. Also still only doing the diet and cardio, should be cleared to start back lifting next week. My liver and spleen have both stoped swelling and are returning to normal which is good. Quick question with dinner I like to have green tea (make my own) so far Ive been using no addatives it it, would adding a small amout of splenda be ok?

PIJW
04-13-10, 7:35 pm
Starting: 209lbs
Ending : 210lbs
Knee and groin feel better did deads on friday and stayed light with it. Started light cardio over the weekend and didn't hurt too much. Plan on kicking it up this week since i could not do cardio much last week and part of the week before.

Rage
04-13-10, 8:01 pm
Just completed week 6 of the cutting program:

Starting bf 25%
Starting Weight 190
New Weight 178
Appetite is fine.

I once again missed Friday's cardio (but once again threw in 2 more tricep exercises for 5 more sets total). I just seem to run out of energy by Friday morning, so the cardio hasn't happened on Fridays for a few weeks. Every other day went fine.

I dropped another 2 pounds this week.

I was only able to get an ONE extra pound of yams this past Wednesday. Want me to do that again?

I'm going to have to search for a place to get my bodyfat done. The guy that would do it at my gym isn't there anymore. I'll put up an update whenever I can get it.

Lets do 2 lbs tomorrow. Same cheat for the weekend. Good job.

Rage,

At 235lb, protein at about 300, carbs around 200. started cardio last week, did 4 sessions of 20-30 minutes after work outs. burning 300+ cals each time. Feel great, getting a little thicker, extra reps because of having work out spotter has let me get past some sticking points, and go up in weight. Thanks. Clif

Is that up or down for the week? Seems like everything is going really well with your training.

Start of Week 11

Current Weight: 201.5 lbs (+6 lbs for the week)

Tom, some strange things are going on here... I couldn't gain anything and now 6 lbs? Well, let me start off by saying this has been a strange week. I had to do my 4 workouts (3 were HRT) in a row without a rest day because of Easter. Also I got my wisdom teeth out on Friday so my diet has been kind of fucked up over the weekend. When I got on the scale this morning I figured I would be reporting a loss of a couple pounds cause I could barely eat on Friday and I had to switch from chicken to ground beef and ground turkey since it was too hard to chew. Other than my one cheat meal last week, I have been pretty strict. Maybe my body is holding water or something from the surgery...or maybe my scale is busted...who knows. I don't think I gained fat. Not sure what to think...

-Derek

Chances are the pain meds caused a bit of water retention. They can also cause constipation, so watch that. No changes this week while we see if your body levels out over the next week.

Current Weight: 222bs
Only time im hungry is about 30 minutes before my next meal. Also still only doing the diet and cardio, should be cleared to start back lifting next week. My liver and spleen have both stoped swelling and are returning to normal which is good. Quick question with dinner I like to have green tea (make my own) so far Ive been using no addatives it it, would adding a small amout of splenda be ok?

Ok, no changes. This is your first week right? Splenda is fine.

Starting: 209lbs
Ending : 210lbs
Knee and groin feel better did deads on friday and stayed light with it. Started light cardio over the weekend and didn't hurt too much. Plan on kicking it up this week since i could not do cardio much last week and part of the week before.

Ok no worries bro. Take it easy on those injuries. Any weight loss this week? How many weeks in are you?

MemphisMonster
04-13-10, 8:36 pm
yeah rage this is my first week. Just been hiting the am cardio and the diet. I am going to need a part time job to buy chicken and steak lol.

PIJW
04-13-10, 9:43 pm
Sorry about that Rage this was week 5 and i maintained 209-210ish for the week and a half i had hardly any cardio and legs because of groin and knee

Rayyan
04-15-10, 5:09 pm
man, as long as this is the Q & A, i thought i could drop a question as well, before i went to the doctors this weekend. straight to the point, its ma left shoulder, i have tried consistently everything i can to keep the size of it growing, but ma last check in the mirror recently, there is not much change, not im almost touching 200+ in ma body weight , so can imagine the size difference is gettin more clearer now, lil history checked with doctors, they say it has nothing to do with the bone, bones in the shoulder are just fine...leaving the muscle or inner tissues. that being said, i thought i could paitently increase it, but its been 3 months me working on it, and not much difference plus , the point where front and middle deltoids meet is starting to pain...im startin to get nervous, i cant leave gyming...i have sacrficed everythin to get where i am at the moment...and i meannn everythinggg...this little shit deltoid cant stop me...so pllease try and give some tips or any idea if u know what the problem could be...??

and secondly..this is ma first week in grave shift...any tips ...do i keep ma diet same, do i keep the amount of sleep hours same...thanx in advance...hoping to hear from you mateee..!! and im sure u have the answer, i saw the answers you gave to couple of problems in this thread most of which just flew off ma head...cheers mate..!!!

KoBeShoW
04-15-10, 9:17 pm
Hey Rage, I just read through your the entire Iron Contest II Cutting Log and kept notes on four of the participant's progress (the ones that most closely were around my bf%, wt, etc.)

I'm a 6'0'' male, 190lbs, 8-9% body fat. Been cutting for 6 weeks.

I perform morning, fasted-state Cardio [Mon - Fri only]- 130-135bpm (use a Polar HR monitor so it's accurate) on treadmill or stairstepper for 55 mins. I usually clock in about 550-600 calories burned.

Meal 1: 1 cup Oats, 1 whole Egg, 10 Egg whites

Meal 2: 3/4 Cup Oats, 6oz. chicken or turkey, 3 oz. raw broccoli

Meal 3: 1/2 Cup Oats, 6 oz. chicken, 3 oz. raw broccoli

Lifting Workout: Back on Sun., Chest and Abs on Mon., Tues. off, Legs on Wed., Arms on Thurs., Shoulders on Fri., Sat. off.

PWO: NO Synthesize - 20g hydrolyzed whey, (82 calories)

Meal 4: 6 oz. chicken, 1 1/2 Tbs. (24g) Natural Peanut Butter, 3 oz. raw broccoli.

Meal 5: 6 oz. chicken, 1 1/2 Tbs. (24g) Natural Peanut Butter, 3 oz. raw broccoli.

Meal 6: 6oz. chicken, 3 oz. raw broccoli.

Trickynick2%40aol.com is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Advice on Cutting Diet
6'0'' male, 192lbs, 8-9% body fat. Been cutting for 6 weeks.

Morning, Fasted-state Cardio [Mon - Fri only]- 130-135bpm (use a Polar HR monitor so it's accurate) on treadmill or stairstepper for 55 mins. I usually clock in about 550-600 calories burned.

Lifting Workout: Back on Sun., Chest and Abs on Mon., Tues. off, Legs on Wed., Arms on Thurs., Shoulders on Fri., Sat. off.

Meal 4: 6 oz. chicken, 1 1/2 Tbs. (24g) Natural Peanut Butter, 3 oz. raw broccoli.

Meal 5: 6 oz. chicken, 1 1/2 Tbs. (24g) Natural Peanut Butter, 3 oz. raw broccoli.

Supplements: Animal Pak, Omega(2x day), Nitro, Flex, Cuts, Pump, OKG, GH Max, Animal PM, L-carnitine, green tea, Niacin, FucoTHIN, caffeine, ephedrine hcl, Isagenix (fruits, greens, ionix supreme), chromium picolinate, VPX zero carb whey

I 90% of the time lift after meal 3. I was just wondering what you thought about this. I noticed in the Iron Contest II log you had the participants stack all of their fats in Meal 1. Since fats do not have the ability to spike insulin I figured putting the natty PB in Meals 4 and 5 would be a good idea. Should I eliminate the PB and have like 6 whole eggs in Meal 1 or something? Thank you for helping me.

BubbyLight
04-15-10, 10:58 pm
Hey Rage how you doing? Its been a minute since we last talked. I'm trying to figure out the diet on my own here. I feel as if I'm gaining too much weight too fast and my belly is showing it. I finished the contest at 199 lbs and I'm already back up to 215. Ive been on the Bulker's diet. no changes. If you could help me that would be awesome. Thanks Rage

under7he13lood
04-16-10, 10:12 am
Hello again! Sorry no progress pics yet. I don't have a digital camera, so I'm trying to find one to borrow. I'm definitely happy with my progress thus far!

I was talking with someone that had competed in the 90's about diet, and he said I shouldn't be losing much more than 1Lb/week. This makes sense to me, since I want to hold on to all my muscle, and losing weight isn't hard for me. I was on track for the first 2 weeks, then I dropped 5lbs in one week (a very consistent week, actually had my worst cheat meal during this time). My question is, is 1lb/week the correct pace?

Lastly, I'm starting Animal Cuts today, and was wondering about the caffeine content. I seem to be seeing 200mg/serving. I'm not that sensitive to stimulants, although I am feeling energetic this morning. I'd still like to take a smaller serving of my pre-workout. I was just wondering if you knew what safe daily amounts of caffeine are. With both packs of Cuts + another source, I'd be looking at 550/600mg per day.

Thanks again!
-Sam

smoothballer
04-19-10, 1:57 pm
Start of Week 12

Current Weight: 196.5 lbs (-5 lbs for the week)

Things are back to normal this week although my jaw is still pretty sore. You must have been right about the pain meds cause my weight it back to where it should be. I was 195.5 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately I am done running HRT for awhile cause of a lack of partner, but it was one hell of a workout and I plan to jump back on when a partner comes around.

-Derek

clifsgoals
04-19-10, 10:03 pm
Rage,

still at 235lb, no change, 300 protein, 200 carbs, cardio 3-4 times a week. getting a little leaner, but not dropping weight. strengths in still good, went up again in weight this week.

thanks clif

njames
04-20-10, 10:35 am
Just completed week 7 of the cutting program:

Starting bf 25%
Starting Weight 190
New Weight 176
Appetite is fine.

I only did 30 minutes on Friday's cardio. Sunday I couldn't/didn't get any in.

I dropped yet another 2 pounds this week.

I did 2 extra pounds of yams on Wednesday like you asked. Holy bloated, Batman!

You want me to do 1 or 2 lbs of extra yams tomorrow?

I still have no way of getting bodyfat done. But I'm still searching.

PIJW
04-20-10, 10:38 am
Starting week 6

Initially Started 220
Last week 209
This week still 209

Appetite is fine.

Slowly started cardio, Squats/Leg Press, and Deads back this week, but kept it light. Think i am going to step it back up this week and see what happens. Cardio is begging for me to kick its ass.

Rage
04-20-10, 7:38 pm
yeah rage this is my first week. Just been hiting the am cardio and the diet. I am going to need a part time job to buy chicken and steak lol.

I hear that bro. No carb spikes or cheat meals until week 3.

Sorry about that Rage this was week 5 and i maintained 209-210ish for the week and a half i had hardly any cardio and legs because of groin and knee

Ok. Take it easy on those injuries. I'll check out your post a bit further down.

man, as long as this is the Q & A, i thought i could drop a question as well, before i went to the doctors this weekend. straight to the point, its ma left shoulder, i have tried consistently everything i can to keep the size of it growing, but ma last check in the mirror recently, there is not much change, not im almost touching 200+ in ma body weight , so can imagine the size difference is gettin more clearer now, lil history checked with doctors, they say it has nothing to do with the bone, bones in the shoulder are just fine...leaving the muscle or inner tissues. that being said, i thought i could paitently increase it, but its been 3 months me working on it, and not much difference plus , the point where front and middle deltoids meet is starting to pain...im startin to get nervous, i cant leave gyming...i have sacrficed everythin to get where i am at the moment...and i meannn everythinggg...this little shit deltoid cant stop me...so pllease try and give some tips or any idea if u know what the problem could be...??

and secondly..this is ma first week in grave shift...any tips ...do i keep ma diet same, do i keep the amount of sleep hours same...thanx in advance...hoping to hear from you mateee..!! and im sure u have the answer, i saw the answers you gave to couple of problems in this thread most of which just flew off ma head...cheers mate..!!!

Insist that your doctor give you an x-ray or MRI. Sounds like thats the only way your going to figure out whats going on with that.

Definitely keep the diet the same and certainly keep the same amount of sleep. Try Animal PM. Your a perfect person for that product.

Hey Rage, I just read through your the entire Iron Contest II Cutting Log and kept notes on four of the participant's progress (the ones that most closely were around my bf%, wt, etc.)

I'm a 6'0'' male, 190lbs, 8-9% body fat. Been cutting for 6 weeks.

I perform morning, fasted-state Cardio [Mon - Fri only]- 130-135bpm (use a Polar HR monitor so it's accurate) on treadmill or stairstepper for 55 mins. I usually clock in about 550-600 calories burned.

Trickynick2%40aol.com is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Advice on Cutting Diet
6'0'' male, 192lbs, 8-9% body fat. Been cutting for 6 weeks.

Morning, Fasted-state Cardio [Mon - Fri only]- 130-135bpm (use a Polar HR monitor so it's accurate) on treadmill or stairstepper for 55 mins. I usually clock in about 550-600 calories burned.

Supplements: Animal Pak, Omega(2x day), Nitro, Flex, Cuts, Pump, OKG, GH Max, Animal PM, L-carnitine, green tea, Niacin, FucoTHIN, caffeine, ephedrine hcl, Isagenix (fruits, greens, ionix supreme), chromium picolinate, VPX zero carb whey

I 90% of the time lift after meal 3. I was just wondering what you thought about this. I noticed in the Iron Contest II log you had the participants stack all of their fats in Meal 1. Since fats do not have the ability to spike insulin I figured putting the natty PB in Meals 4 and 5 would be a good idea. Should I eliminate the PB and have like 6 whole eggs in Meal 1 or something? Thank you for helping me.

What was your bf 6 weeks ago? I don't put pb in until I have an athlete holding around 3-6% bf. Don't worry about an insulin spike while on a cut. Thats more important while on a bulk for adding lean mass. Also, thats a lot of oats. I like about 1 to 2 cups with the first meal since it burns slow and then something like brown rice or yams for the rest of the meals since they burn off a bit faster.

Hey Rage how you doing? Its been a minute since we last talked. I'm trying to figure out the diet on my own here. I feel as if I'm gaining too much weight too fast and my belly is showing it. I finished the contest at 199 lbs and I'm already back up to 215. Ive been on the Bulker's diet. no changes. If you could help me that would be awesome. Thanks Rage

Start with the Cutters diet at 150 grams of carbs and lets get you stabalized. Check in with me every Tuesday right here brother.

Hello again! Sorry no progress pics yet. I don't have a digital camera, so I'm trying to find one to borrow. I'm definitely happy with my progress thus far!

I was talking with someone that had competed in the 90's about diet, and he said I shouldn't be losing much more than 1Lb/week. This makes sense to me, since I want to hold on to all my muscle, and losing weight isn't hard for me. I was on track for the first 2 weeks, then I dropped 5lbs in one week (a very consistent week, actually had my worst cheat meal during this time). My question is, is 1lb/week the correct pace?

Lastly, I'm starting Animal Cuts today, and was wondering about the caffeine content. I seem to be seeing 200mg/serving. I'm not that sensitive to stimulants, although I am feeling energetic this morning. I'd still like to take a smaller serving of my pre-workout. I was just wondering if you knew what safe daily amounts of caffeine are. With both packs of Cuts + another source, I'd be looking at 550/600mg per day.

Thanks again!
-Sam

Every drops a bit differently especially in the beginning. 1-2 lbs is in fact a good pace to drop once your body initially levels off. Are you on my diet?

Start of Week 12

Current Weight: 196.5 lbs (-5 lbs for the week)

Things are back to normal this week although my jaw is still pretty sore. You must have been right about the pain meds cause my weight it back to where it should be. I was 195.5 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately I am done running HRT for awhile cause of a lack of partner, but it was one hell of a workout and I plan to jump back on when a partner comes around.

-Derek

Add 4 oz of chicken to your daily intake. You had a good solid run on HRT.

Rage,

still at 235lb, no change, 300 protein, 200 carbs, cardio 3-4 times a week. getting a little leaner, but not dropping weight. strengths in still good, went up again in weight this week.

thanks clif

Add 4 oz of chicken to your daily intake.

Just completed week 7 of the cutting program:

Starting bf 25%
Starting Weight 190
New Weight 176
Appetite is fine.

I only did 30 minutes on Friday's cardio. Sunday I couldn't/didn't get any in.

I did 2 extra pounds of yams on Wednesday like you asked. Holy bloated, Batman!

You want me to do 1 or 2 lbs of extra yams tomorrow?

I still have no way of getting bodyfat done. But I'm still searching.

Ok, yes, lets do another 2 lbs tomorrow. Same cheat meal for Saturday. Good job. Try and make sure you get that cardio in.

Starting week 6

Initially Started 220
Last week 209
This week still 209

Appetite is fine.

Slowly started cardio, Squats/Leg Press, and Deads back this week, but kept it light. Think i am going to step it back up this week and see what happens. Cardio is begging for me to kick its ass.

Staying level while working through injuries is good. Just keep listening to your body and don't push it yet. Good job. On a scale of 1-10 how is your appetite? What are your carbs at?

smoothballer
04-20-10, 9:14 pm
Add 4 oz of chicken to your daily intake. You had a good solid run on HRT.

Is there a best time of day to add in the 4 oz of chicken? I am assuming that this 4 oz of chicken is to be added to one of the 6 meals and not spread out. If my calculations are correct, I am at about 50 g protein each meal.

-Derek

PIJW
04-20-10, 10:02 pm
Appetite 3/10

Carbs:
1st Meal: 1 cup of Oats
2nd Meal: Yams or Rice
3rd Meal: Yams or Rice (If work allows)

bigweights74
04-23-10, 1:44 pm
Rage

Alright bro!!! I got all my food for the Iron Contes II diet bro gonna get me some final good meals this weekend gonna be ready to go Mon. morning. I'll post my weight and bf% tues and go from there. later bro

Also how long should I follow the diet bro???

bigweights74
04-24-10, 8:23 pm
Rage

Hey bro I'm gonna get my bf% testing done on tues and all that good stuff. I will update all of it then. Other than that bro I'm ready to kill it ready to get peeled and keep going strong. Thanks for all the help and all the support from DBOY and Rage I appreciate it a lot and I'm glad I have some place to come to get all this help thanks fellas.

shortstack
04-26-10, 11:16 am
Hey Tom,

Weight is at 195, carbs and protein are all back up to P286 C320.

The vacation and week after really were tough to keep it all going but this week I'm back on track.

October 16th is the date of the show, Best of the Midwest, heres the website
http://nanbf.org/events?page=0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0% 2C1

Let me know what you think about hitting a couple of shows around the same time or if you think it might be too much for my first show.

I'll be getting a bodyfat test done real soon so you can let me know when exactly we need to start the cut.

Thanks Brother,
Jeremy

smoothballer
04-26-10, 11:49 am
Start of Week 13

Current Weight: 195.0 lbs (-1.5 lbs for the week)
Protein/Carbs: 325P/250C

Took a deload week after all the HRT, but I didn't expect to lose any weight. Hopefully it is a body comp change. Stuck to the new diet except for Saturday because I went to the ND Spring Game and was unable to eat as much as normal.

Thanks Tom,
Derek

Rage
04-26-10, 1:49 pm
Is there a best time of day to add in the 4 oz of chicken? I am assuming that this 4 oz of chicken is to be added to one of the 6 meals and not spread out. If my calculations are correct, I am at about 50 g protein each meal.

-Derek

You can spread it out.

Appetite 3/10

Carbs:
1st Meal: 1 cup of Oats
2nd Meal: Yams or Rice
3rd Meal: Yams or Rice (If work allows)

When you check in each Tuesday, I need the following in order to make an adjustment;

week#, appetite (1-10), total grams of carbs, total grams of protein, minutes of cardio, lbs lost for the week. Lets see where your at tomorrow.

Rage

Alright bro!!! I got all my food for the Iron Contes II diet bro gonna get me some final good meals this weekend gonna be ready to go Mon. morning. I'll post my weight and bf% tues and go from there. later bro

Also how long should I follow the diet bro???

Danny mentioned that he's helping you, so just do what he tells you. He knows what he's doing. He's one of my disciples after all lol.

Rage

Hey bro I'm gonna get my bf% testing done on tues and all that good stuff. I will update all of it then. Other than that bro I'm ready to kill it ready to get peeled and keep going strong. Thanks for all the help and all the support from DBOY and Rage I appreciate it a lot and I'm glad I have some place to come to get all this help thanks fellas.

Your welcome

Hey Tom,

Weight is at 195, carbs and protein are all back up to P286 C320.

The vacation and week after really were tough to keep it all going but this week I'm back on track.

October 16th is the date of the show, Best of the Midwest, heres the website
http://nanbf.org/events?page=0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0% 2C1

Let me know what you think about hitting a couple of shows around the same time or if you think it might be too much for my first show.

I'll be getting a bodyfat test done real soon so you can let me know when exactly we need to start the cut.

Thanks Brother,
Jeremy

Lets just focus on the one show this time around so I can get to know how you respond. That weight sounds the same as last time. Lets add 4 oz of chicken.

Start of Week 13

Current Weight: 195.0 lbs (-1.5 lbs for the week)
Protein/Carbs: 325P/250C

Took a deload week after all the HRT, but I didn't expect to lose any weight. Hopefully it is a body comp change. Stuck to the new diet except for Saturday because I went to the ND Spring Game and was unable to eat as much as normal.

Thanks Tom,
Derek

Lets add 4 oz of chicken.

shortstack
04-26-10, 5:54 pm
Alright, 4oz more in the tank.

Thanks Brother.

njames
04-26-10, 7:20 pm
Just completed week 8 of the cutting program:

Starting bf 25%
Starting Weight 190
New Weight 174
Appetite is fine.

I did 2 extra pounds of yams on Wednesday like you asked.

I'm doing all four workouts in a row this week (M-Thur), because I will be flying out to California on Friday(I live in IN), and not getting back until midnight Monday night. So next week I'll be doing the same next week (Tu-Friday). Also, in CA I will eat as well as possible, so it'll kinda eff up my normal diet.

I still have no way of getting bodyfat done. But I'm still searching.check

smoothballer
04-26-10, 9:22 pm
Throwing some additional chicken breasts on the grill for the week. Good thing I bought 2 bags this week from Costco...

Thanks for the help Tom.

-Derek

smoothballer
04-26-10, 9:31 pm

Starting bf 25%
Starting Weight 190
New Weight 174
Appetite is fine.

I'm doing all four workouts in a row this week (M-Thur), because I will be flying out to California on Friday(I live in IN), and not getting back until midnight Monday night. So next week I'll be doing the same next week (Tu-Friday). Also, in CA I will eat as well as possible, so it'll kinda eff up my normal diet.

Hey, it took me awhile to find a place to get my BF% checked too. I finally found a place that did BODPOD testing about 45 min away from me and cost $30. Here is the website I used to find the place http://www.bodpod.com/clients/locator. I also called around the local colleges because they sometimes have hydrostatic testing centers. Hope that helps brother.

-Derek

clifsgoals
04-27-10, 7:58 am
Rage,

Working on getting extra chicken in diet. just over 300 on protein, 200 on carbs, at 235lb no change, but also doing cardio for last 2 weeks also. arms and legs and shoulder lean, now abs and lower back starting to get more defined. Don't mind adding chicken if needed just a little scared to gain fat. took so much work getting it off.

thanks
clif

njames
04-27-10, 10:35 am
Hey, it took me awhile to find a place to get my BF% checked too. I finally found a place that did BODPOD testing about 45 min away from me and cost $30. Here is the website I used to find the place http://www.bodpod.com/clients/locator. I also called around the local colleges because they sometimes have hydrostatic testing centers. Hope that helps brother.

-Derek

D- Thanks, homie! I will for sure check that out, and see if I can't get it done soon.

njames
04-27-10, 10:42 am
Just an FYI, Rage, but this upcoming month might be pointless for me to keep checking in. From this Friday to Monday (at almost midnight), I'll be in CA. So I won't have time to go shopping for food on Monday, so Tuesday might not be ideal for the diet (I'll try, but food from this week might not still be good next).

Also, I'll be away from home for the whole day on Sat, May 8th.

And finally, from May 14th - 24th, I'll be getting married and away on the honeymoon.

So my question is - on the days where the cutting diet food isn't available - is there a carb/protein/calorie count I can try and keep my daily intake at to at least try and not LOSE any of the progress I have made these past two months? For literally every day I can, I will stay on the cutting diet.

Also, I will be hitting the cutting diet hard again the first week of June. I have lost 16 pounds in 2 months, thanks to you. I am not done until I hit less than 10% body fat (and I have a feeling I'm not even close yet).

Thoughts?

under7he13lood
04-27-10, 2:29 pm
Rage,

Week #5
appetite 4 by day, 6 by night.
weight loss for the week = 15Lbs total (current wt. 190)
carbs, protein = grams? no idea :( I'll get on that. Sources = all good! cheat meal on sunday (chipotle and some wings from BWW)

No cardio, losing at a fine pace and looking good so far.

njames
04-27-10, 4:23 pm
Wow, I'm not going to make it into the gym today. I've had issues with both sides of the back of my neck (injury from over a year ago), and sometimes the muscle flairs up to where I'm almost seeing double when I push hard at the gym. I have no idea what I did today, but that's what's going on - and I haven't even hit the gym yet!! I think I'm going to sit today out (which pisses me off because of all the stuff I listed in an earlier post).

MemphisMonster
04-27-10, 8:05 pm
Current Weight: 219.9-220
Hunger: 4/10

this my second week doing the cutting program. sorry i couldnt check in yesterday things were very hectic. I also got cleared by the doctor and started back hitting the weights sunday.

Rage
04-28-10, 1:48 pm

Starting bf 25%
Starting Weight 190
New Weight 174
Appetite is fine.

Great job brother

Rage,

Working on getting extra chicken in diet. just over 300 on protein, 200 on carbs, at 235lb no change, but also doing cardio for last 2 weeks also. arms and legs and shoulder lean, now abs and lower back starting to get more defined. Don't mind adding chicken if needed just a little scared to gain fat. took so much work getting it off.

thanks
clif

It will help add some lean muscle and keep the fat off.

Just an FYI, Rage, but this upcoming month might be pointless for me to keep checking in. From this Friday to Monday (at almost midnight), I'll be in CA. So I won't have time to go shopping for food on Monday, so Tuesday might not be ideal for the diet (I'll try, but food from this week might not still be good next).

Also, I'll be away from home for the whole day on Sat, May 8th.

And finally, from May 14th - 24th, I'll be getting married and away on the honeymoon.

So my question is - on the days where the cutting diet food isn't available - is there a carb/protein/calorie count I can try and keep my daily intake at to at least try and not LOSE any of the progress I have made these past two months? For literally every day I can, I will stay on the cutting diet.

Also, I will be hitting the cutting diet hard again the first week of June. I have lost 16 pounds in 2 months, thanks to you. I am not done until I hit less than 10% body fat (and I have a feeling I'm not even close yet).

Thoughts?

Just keep your carbs right around 150 for the first three meals and that should keep you fairly level.

Rage,

Week #5
appetite 4 by day, 6 by night.
weight loss for the week = 15Lbs total (current wt. 190)
carbs, protein = grams? no idea :( I'll get on that. Sources = all good! cheat meal on sunday (chipotle and some wings from BWW)

No cardio, losing at a fine pace and looking good so far.

Nice. Try and get another 2 lbs of yams in today or tomorrow

Wow, I'm not going to make it into the gym today. I've had issues with both sides of the back of my neck (injury from over a year ago), and sometimes the muscle flairs up to where I'm almost seeing double when I push hard at the gym. I have no idea what I did today, but that's what's going on - and I haven't even hit the gym yet!! I think I'm going to sit today out (which pisses me off because of all the stuff I listed in an earlier post).

Hang in there brother. If it hurts, don't do it.

Current Weight: 219.9-220

this my second week doing the cutting program. sorry i couldnt check in yesterday things were very hectic. I also got cleared by the doctor and started back hitting the weights sunday.

Nice. Try and get in a couple lbs of yams today or tomorrow.

PIJW
04-28-10, 1:52 pm
Starting week 6

Initially Started 220
Last week 209
This week still 209 (Maintaining just fine)

Appetite is fine.

Slowly started cardio, Squats/Leg Press(very very light), and Deads back this week(315 heaviest scared of knee). Scheduled Doc visit for next week to look at my knee as a just in case measure. So until my leg workout are light with calves raises (sitting/standing) with some ham curls and leg curls and thats about it.

Sorry about post this late

MemphisMonster
04-28-10, 7:39 pm
are sweat potatoes ok instead of the yams? I still can not find legit yams lol, also what meal should i do this carb spike with? and how often do i do the extra 2 pounds of yams/sweetpotatoes?

njames
04-29-10, 4:43 pm
"Just keep your carbs right around 150 for the first three meals and that should keep you fairly level."

And then very few carbs AFTER the three meals?

njames
04-29-10, 4:50 pm
Ok, the stupid whore at the doctor's office jacked up my arm today. I get allergy shots once a week, and usually do it NOT on tricep day (since that's the area they do the shot in) - however, since this week I'm flying out to CA, I was to do tri's today. Well, the freaking biotch hit a nerve or something in my arm, so I can't even fuggin flex my arm without razors going through my arm. Probably the best way I can describe it is that needle sensation after hitting your funny bone; although this has it all the way up in my tri's, and down in my forearm.

I think that due to the wedding/honeymoon stuff, this month is probably worthless to do more cutting. I'll still eat smart, and like I said previously, when I have days at home do the meal plan. I'll also try and stay active. But I just will be unable to stay faithful to the strict program Rage created. However, once the first week in June hits, it's back on like Donkey Kong!

I've dropped 16 pounds thanks to the almight Rage (ALL HAIL RAGE!!), and I'm not even remotely to where I want to be.

clifsgoals
04-30-10, 9:55 am
Will do. Have added muscle, just looking at scale to much I think. Mirror shows a different picture. Thanks.

shortstack
04-30-10, 10:05 am
Hey Tom,

Maybe I missed your answer but do you still think we need to start on June 1st for the cut for the contest on October 16th? That would give me 20 weeks.

Let me know the game plan brother.

Jeremy

Rage
04-30-10, 2:46 pm
Starting week 6

Initially Started 220
Last week 209

Appetite is fine.

Slowly started cardio, Squats/Leg Press(very very light), and Deads back this week(315 heaviest scared of knee). Scheduled Doc visit for next week to look at my knee as a just in case measure. So until my leg workout are light with calves raises (sitting/standing) with some ham curls and leg curls and thats about it.

Good. Slow and steady. No changes this week. Be sure to let me know how many weeks in you are next week.

are sweat potatoes ok instead of the yams? I still can not find legit yams lol, also what meal should i do this carb spike with? and how often do i do the extra 2 pounds of yams/sweetpotatoes?

Close, but yams have a better GI. Just make sure they are orange and not yellow. A carb spike is normally one day a week and get those in by 6 pm.

"Just keep your carbs right around 150 for the first three meals and that should keep you fairly level."

And then very few carbs AFTER the three meals?

none after...0

Ok, the stupid whore at the doctor's office jacked up my arm today. I get allergy shots once a week, and usually do it NOT on tricep day (since that's the area they do the shot in) - however, since this week I'm flying out to CA, I was to do tri's today. Well, the freaking biotch hit a nerve or something in my arm, so I can't even fuggin flex my arm without razors going through my arm. Probably the best way I can describe it is that needle sensation after hitting your funny bone; although this has it all the way up in my tri's, and down in my forearm.

I think that due to the wedding/honeymoon stuff, this month is probably worthless to do more cutting. I'll still eat smart, and like I said previously, when I have days at home do the meal plan. I'll also try and stay active. But I just will be unable to stay faithful to the strict program Rage created. However, once the first week in June hits, it's back on like Donkey Kong!

I've dropped 16 pounds thanks to the almight Rage (ALL HAIL RAGE!!), and I'm not even remotely to where I want to be.

I'll be ready when you are brother. Good luck and congrats

Will do. Have added muscle, just looking at scale to much I think. Mirror shows a different picture. Thanks.

Good job.

Hey Tom,

Maybe I missed your answer but do you still think we need to start on June 1st for the cut for the contest on October 16th? That would give me 20 weeks.

Let me know the game plan brother.

Jeremy

Lets start June 14th.

Rage
04-30-10, 4:04 pm
Starting week 6

Initially Started 220
Last week 209

Appetite is fine.

Duh...week 6. Now I see it lol

Mr. Dead
04-30-10, 4:08 pm

Need some carbs...??? *LOL* (J/K...)

PIJW
04-30-10, 4:32 pm

Did run about a mile and half the other day with daughter and it felt fine till i stopped, keeping the doc appt just to make sure but keeping the impact and stress on my knee down till then.

smoothballer
05-03-10, 9:37 am
Start of Week 14

Current Weight: 196.0 lbs (+1 lbs for the week)
Protein/Carbs: 350P/250C

Damn that is a lot of chicken! I filled up my entire 3 burner grill with chicken for this week. But I'm sure that's not even close to what you are taking in. Are we still where you want me to be? Meaning that I am still right around the weight where we started, but I know that I have dropped BF and gained some lean mass. The mirror definitely shows that. I figure another month or so and I will hop back in the BODPOD.

Thanks Tom,
Derek

Rage
05-03-10, 2:11 pm
Start of Week 14

Current Weight: 196.0 lbs (+1 lbs for the week)

Damn that is a lot of chicken! I filled up my entire 3 burner grill with chicken for this week. But I'm sure that's not even close to what you are taking in. Are we still where you want me to be? Meaning that I am still right around the weight where we started, but I know that I have dropped BF and gained some lean mass. The mirror definitely shows that. I figure another month or so and I will hop back in the BODPOD.

Thanks Tom,
Derek

This is perfect bro. Your going through a body comp which is exactly what we want right now. No changes this week.

clifsgoals
05-04-10, 5:52 am
No time to post yesterday, sorry. This morning I am 239 up a lb. protein at 315, carbs at 200. Hunger under control.

bigweights74
05-04-10, 7:27 pm
Rage what up bro

Hey just wanted to put my update up here after one week on the diet and workout plan

weight is 228 down 4lbs from 232

hunger is about 5/10

still going not really havin any issues so far

is this good so far as far as weight loss goes???

Rage
05-04-10, 7:41 pm
No time to post yesterday, sorry. This morning I am 239 up a lb. protein at 315, carbs at 200. Hunger under control.

thats perfect bro. no changes. keep after it

Rage what up bro

Hey just wanted to put my update up here after one week on the diet and workout plan

weight is 228 down 4lbs from 232

hunger is about 5/10

still going not really havin any issues so far

is this good so far as far as weight loss goes???

Thats good and typical bro. Danny will slow the loss down probably in the next week or two. But this is common for the first week. Good job.

MemphisMonster
05-06-10, 11:15 pm
5-6-10
Current Weight: 218

Sorry about not checking in on tuesday, got a call last week my grandmother was re-diagonoesed with breast cancer. So ive been down in oxford alot with her. Still got to lift down there and do cardio, but the food wasnt as clean as I would have liked lots of red meats and non wheat pasta. Which would explain only lossing a pound last week. Now im back home and back at it, got some sweet potatoes cooked for carb spike(still looking for yams).

clifsgoals
05-10-10, 9:00 am
Rage,

Up 3 lb to 242lb, but had a cheat day for mothers day, so should level back out over the week. protein at 320, carbs at 200.

Question, what do you think about Quinoa? high protein, high fiber, whole grain. No sat fat.

Also started using Kre-Alkaline so my weight may go up some with the creatine intake.

smithshn
05-10-10, 10:05 am
Different animals have different physics and different nature.
It depends how you use the method to train it or schedule for diet it.

shortstack
05-10-10, 10:41 am
It's been a f'd up couple of weeks. I had to work in the factory the last 2 weeks and it screwed up everything. I droped down to 191 the last week and as of this morning I'm back up to 195.

Let me get back in the swing of things again and we'll see how next weeks weigh in goes...This 195 shit is getting on my nerves.

Jeremy

cward
05-10-10, 10:49 am
Just wanting to say thanks for taking the time to talk to me at The BFE here in Boise,ID. I really appreciate it. Thanks for the advice and encouragement. I am a huge fan! Its good to see that not everyone involve in a big time company, isn't too good for us little guys out there trying to make a name! Thanks again talk to you soon!

smoothballer
05-10-10, 12:02 pm
Start of Week 15

Current Weight: 196.0 lbs (+0 lbs for the week)

Last week felt solid. I am hoping the no gain is a body comp change. This coming week is gonna be a little rough. I have to go to Texas for work Tues-Fri. I will try to keep on my diet as much as possible, but I know it is gonna be a little difficult at times to get all my meals in. Will do my best boss.

Thanks Tom,
Derek[/QUOTE]

squattingtillipuke
05-12-10, 1:29 pm
Hey sir...I'm close to being released back into the game. Shoulder is back to normal and the fingers all though ugly are starting to work again... http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx284/mrauch3389/?action=view&current=fingers.jpg

I'm going to do some preliminary work starting June 1 to get back some muscle memory but wanted to see if I can get back into our weekly check-ins after I get amonth or two back into the gym?

Hope your contest prep went well.

Regards

Mick

Rage
05-12-10, 6:07 pm
5-6-10
Current Weight: 218

Sorry about not checking in on tuesday, got a call last week my grandmother was re-diagonoesed with breast cancer. So ive been down in oxford alot with her. Still got to lift down there and do cardio, but the food wasnt as clean as I would have liked lots of red meats and non wheat pasta. Which would explain only lossing a pound last week. Now im back home and back at it, got some sweet potatoes cooked for carb spike(still looking for yams).

Next checkin let me know how many weeks your into the diet and how much you have lost for the week. I read that it was 1 lb so that gives me an idea. I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. I hope she finds herself healthy again soon. Set your carbs at 150. 50 for your first three meals. We can't have a range of 150-200. Needs to be more precise. Lets do 2 lbs today or tomorrow and cheat meal this weekend.

Rage,

Up 3 lb to 242lb, but had a cheat day for mothers day, so should level back out over the week. protein at 320, carbs at 200.

Question, what do you think about Quinoa? high protein, high fiber, whole grain. No sat fat.

Also started using Kre-Alkaline so my weight may go up some with the creatine intake.

Quinoa's not too bad. Relatively low gi, but high inflammatory response. Not good if you have exisitng joint issues.

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5705/2

No other changes for you. When I saw the 3 lbs, I knew that was a bit much for you but I understand the circumstances.

Different animals have different physics and different nature.
It depends how you use the method to train it or schedule for diet it.

true

It's been a f'd up couple of weeks. I had to work in the factory the last 2 weeks and it screwed up everything. I droped down to 191 the last week and as of this morning I'm back up to 195.

Let me get back in the swing of things again and we'll see how next weeks weigh in goes...This 195 shit is getting on my nerves.

Jeremy

Ok, no worries. Your off season is slowly coming to an end...

Just wanting to say thanks for taking the time to talk to me at The BFE here in Boise,ID. I really appreciate it. Thanks for the advice and encouragement. I am a huge fan! Its good to see that not everyone involve in a big time company, isn't too good for us little guys out there trying to make a name! Thanks again talk to you soon!

As a natural pro, you have paid your dues and have the physique to show for it. Pleasure was all mine brother.

Start of Week 15

Last week felt solid. I am hoping the no gain is a body comp change. This coming week is gonna be a little rough. I have to go to Texas for work Tues-Fri. I will try to keep on my diet as much as possible, but I know it is gonna be a little difficult at times to get all my meals in. Will do my best boss.

Thanks Tom,
Derek[/QUOTE]

I bet you just might be going through some body comp changes. Lets get you in for another test within the next couple weeks. No other changes. Travel safe brother.

Hey sir...I'm close to being released back into the game. Shoulder is back to normal and the fingers all though ugly are starting to work again... http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx284/mrauch3389/?action=view&current=fingers.jpg

I'm going to do some preliminary work starting June 1 to get back some muscle memory but wanted to see if I can get back into our weekly check-ins after I get amonth or two back into the gym?

Hope your contest prep went well.

Regards

Mick

Good news brother. I'm ready whenever you are. I've got another 10 1/2 weeks left of prep, but so far so good.

clifsgoals
05-17-10, 9:07 am
Droped 2 lb from last week to 241lb. Not bad though since last week I gained 3 lb. So it leveled out some. protein still at 32o, carbs at 200, hunger so so..about 5 out of 10.

Thinking I want to start back on cutting program starting in June.

Thanks clif

smoothballer
05-17-10, 11:15 am
Start of Week 16

No gain again this week. Didn't do too bad with the diet while I was traveling. Biggest problem was the lack of eggs (or much protein) for breakfast at the hotel...did what I could. Other than that got my meals in and didn't cheat too much. Had a clean weekend to make up for it. Also I don't know if I mentioned to you or not yet but I am starting the 3rd week of the Test Explosion Stack.

Thanks Tom,
Derek

shortstack
05-18-10, 9:45 am
Hey Brother
I ws out sick yesterday but I got in last night to hit arms and today for legs and I think I'm finally through it.

Weighed in +1lb at 196, not bad for being sick. Diet is as follows
2 RG shakes
8 eggs
1 cup oatmeal
2-1/2 6 oz chicken
2 8 oz Sweet potatoes
Water intake has been a little low this past week so I'm going to try and kick it back up to 1 gallon/day.

Jeremy

Rage
05-18-10, 10:15 pm
Droped 2 lb from last week to 241lb. Not bad though since last week I gained 3 lb. So it leveled out some. protein still at 32o, carbs at 200, hunger so so..about 5 out of 10.

Thinking I want to start back on cutting program starting in June.

Thanks clif

Ok, 241 is no joke brother. Nice job. Lets get your bf checked. Glad to help in any way I can bro.

Start of Week 16

No gain again this week. Didn't do too bad with the diet while I was traveling. Biggest problem was the lack of eggs (or much protein) for breakfast at the hotel...did what I could. Other than that got my meals in and didn't cheat too much. Had a clean weekend to make up for it. Also I don't know if I mentioned to you or not yet but I am starting the 3rd week of the Test Explosion Stack.

Thanks Tom,
Derek

Lets get you back in for another bf check so we can see if you did some body comp changes. Aside from that, lets add 4 oz of chicken.

Hey Brother
I ws out sick yesterday but I got in last night to hit arms and today for legs and I think I'm finally through it.

Weighed in +1lb at 196, not bad for being sick. Diet is as follows
2 RG shakes
8 eggs
1 cup oatmeal
2-1/2 6 oz chicken
2 8 oz Sweet potatoes
Water intake has been a little low this past week so I'm going to try and kick it back up to 1 gallon/day.

Jeremy

Ok, I'll take that gain too bro. Glad your feeling better. No changes.

Birdman
05-20-10, 3:39 pm
Hey Rage,
Any advice on bringing my triceps up? They are one of those lagging body parts that just don't like to grow. They get stronger, just not bigger even though I do volume workouts for the most part. Any pointers would be great.
Thanks man

smoothballer
05-24-10, 11:03 am
Start of Week 17

Current Weight: 198.0 lbs (+2 lbs for the week)
Protein/Carbs: 375P/250C
Hunger: 6/10

Hunger definitely jumped up this week with the additional chicken intake which was a nice surprise. Didn't have a chance to get a comp test done, been really busy. Gonna try to get one soon.

Thanks Tom,
Derek

clifsgoals
05-24-10, 10:48 pm
Rage,

Protein at 320, carbs at 200, weight down 1 lb to 240, doing more cardio- 5 sessions of 45 minutes. hunger ok, about 5 out of 10. Looking into getting bf% by June.

newbreed
05-27-10, 12:16 pm
Rage,

Hope training is going well. I have a question about an intra drink. Do you think it would be a good idea to mix waxy maize, bcaa's, and creatine mono together in sip it during a workout or would that be better post or is it a bad idea overall? Thank you and kick some ass on that stage brother.

njames
06-01-10, 3:44 pm
I'm back and ready to go!

With the wedding and travel done, I'm ready for round two of the cutting diet.

Last I checked in, my stats were:

"Starting Weight 190 - starting bf 25%
New Weight 174"

I'm now at 170, which is good; but I think I lost some muscle, which is bad. I started back up again yesterday. I was able to get in the cardio, but since it was Memorial Day and places aren't open, no weights. So tonight I'm starting up, but with legs (I'll do week 2 of chest next Monday).

I'll be also focusing on gaining muscle back, so my weight may not always go down.

Also, I got in touch with the trainer who used to check my body fat, and I'm getting with him this weekend - so I will have an updated % for you next week.

So glad to be back!

daznanor
06-02-10, 6:42 am
hi Rage and big brothers
I thank u for inspiring me
I'd started lifting and bodybuilding since 1 year
I'm 32 yr and 178 cm and my wieght 110 with 25% body fat
my recent diet and supp
meal 1 : 9 am
1 cup oats + 250 ml milk + 2 whole eggs + 5 egg whites + 4 uniliver + 1 tablet universal daily formula + 1 omega3

meal 2 : 11 am
1 can of tuna + 200 gram of dry salads # or # 250 gram of non fat and salt cheese with salad

meal 3 : 1:30 pm
50 gram of universal whey protien + 1 banana or 1 apple

meal 4 : 4 pm
(300 gram of chekin breast or 2 cans of tune or 250 gram of white meat) + 200 gram of salads or cooked vegetables + 5 table spoon of rice or 1 yam or 2 slices of brown bread +
4 uniliver

pre workout :
animal pump + 25 gram of universal whey protien + 5 gram creatine

post workout:
60 gram universal whey protien + 5 gram creatine

meal 5 : 10 pm
(250 gram of many kinds of cheese or 2 can of tuna or 250 gram of non fat and salt cheese )+ 4 unilive + 1 tablet of universal daily formula + 1 tablet melatonin

meal 6 : " before bed" 12 am
"""" meal 5""""

my working out program :
sunday ---- delts

monday --- back

tuesday --- chest

wedn ---- legs

thurs ---- arms

fri & sat --- rest
================================================== ===========
what is your opinion ????????

C.Coronato
06-02-10, 9:18 am
Rage your a freak brother! I look forward to you hitting that stage in Pittsburgh .. I am going to try to make it out there to watch you take home that win. It has been in my head to possibly do the Collegiate Nationals with you that day, but i think ill be left with nothing for dieting so long .. Team Universe on July 10th will be 18 weeks .. We will see. Best of luck my brother.

clifsgoals
06-02-10, 10:15 pm
Saw updated pics, Looking like a monster bro, Keep at it!

Rage
06-04-10, 2:17 pm
Hey Rage,
Any advice on bringing my triceps up? They are one of those lagging body parts that just don't like to grow. They get stronger, just not bigger even though I do volume workouts for the most part. Any pointers would be great.
Thanks man

Try some lower volume work and big movements like Close Grip Bench for a couple sets of 10, Weighted Partial Dips for a couple sets of 10 also. Another thing to try would be Overhead DB Raises, but let the weight pull the triceps all the way down into a stretch at the bottom of the movement.

Start of Week 17

Current Weight: 198.0 lbs (+2 lbs for the week)

Hunger definitely jumped up this week with the additional chicken intake which was a nice surprise. Didn't have a chance to get a comp test done, been really busy. Gonna try to get one soon.

Thanks Tom,
Derek

Perfect. No changes brother. Let me know how the test goes.

Rage,

Protein at 320, carbs at 200, weight down 1 lb to 240, doing more cardio- 5 sessions of 45 minutes. hunger ok, about 5 out of 10. Looking into getting bf% by June.

Ok, to be expected now that you've got some cardio in the mix. Let me know what that test comes in at.

Rage,

Hope training is going well. I have a question about an intra drink. Do you think it would be a good idea to mix waxy maize, bcaa's, and creatine mono together in sip it during a workout or would that be better post or is it a bad idea overall? Thank you and kick some ass on that stage brother.

Stick with something lighter like Intra Aid. You won't have enough blood getting to the digestive tract to help move that stuff through when it's heavy. Thanks for the support my brother.

I'm back and ready to go!

With the wedding and travel done, I'm ready for round two of the cutting diet.

Last I checked in, my stats were:

"Starting Weight 190 - starting bf 25%
New Weight 174"

I'm now at 170, which is good; but I think I lost some muscle, which is bad. I started back up again yesterday. I was able to get in the cardio, but since it was Memorial Day and places aren't open, no weights. So tonight I'm starting up, but with legs (I'll do week 2 of chest next Monday).

I'll be also focusing on gaining muscle back, so my weight may not always go down.

Also, I got in touch with the trainer who used to check my body fat, and I'm getting with him this weekend - so I will have an updated % for you next week.

So glad to be back!

Nice to have you back brother. Lets see what that test comes back at and we may give it a couple 2 or 3 weeks to level off.

hi Rage and big brothers
I thank u for inspiring me
I'd started lifting and bodybuilding since 1 year
I'm 32 yr and 178 cm and my wieght 110 with 25% body fat
my recent diet and supp
meal 1 : 9 am
1 cup oats + 250 ml milk + 2 whole eggs + 5 egg whites + 4 uniliver + 1 tablet universal daily formula + 1 omega3

meal 2 : 11 am
1 can of tuna + 200 gram of dry salads # or # 250 gram of non fat and salt cheese with salad

meal 3 : 1:30 pm
50 gram of universal whey protien + 1 banana or 1 apple

meal 4 : 4 pm
(300 gram of chekin breast or 2 cans of tune or 250 gram of white meat) + 200 gram of salads or cooked vegetables + 5 table spoon of rice or 1 yam or 2 slices of brown bread +
4 uniliver

pre workout :
animal pump + 25 gram of universal whey protien + 5 gram creatine

post workout:
60 gram universal whey protien + 5 gram creatine

meal 5 : 10 pm
(250 gram of many kinds of cheese or 2 can of tuna or 250 gram of non fat and salt cheese )+ 4 unilive + 1 tablet of universal daily formula + 1 tablet melatonin

meal 6 : " before bed" 12 am
"""" meal 5""""

my working out program :
sunday ---- delts

monday --- back

tuesday --- chest

wedn ---- legs

thurs ---- arms

fri & sat --- rest
================================================== ===========
what is your opinion ????????

This is a really good solid start brother. Good clean diet and solid lifting schedule. You'll get some good results on this.

Rage your a freak brother! I look forward to you hitting that stage in Pittsburgh .. I am going to try to make it out there to watch you take home that win. It has been in my head to possibly do the Collegiate Nationals with you that day, but i think ill be left with nothing for dieting so long .. Team Universe on July 10th will be 18 weeks .. We will see. Best of luck my brother.

Thanks Christian. I really appreciate the support brother. I can't imagine what your trophy room must look like with all those wins over the years.

Saw updated pics, Looking like a monster bro, Keep at it!

Thank you brother. I have just a bit more leaning out to do and I'll be ready.

Birdman
06-04-10, 9:53 pm
Thanks brother

shortstack
06-07-10, 9:24 am
Rage,

This is the last week of my Bulk according to the 18 week schedule. Show is Oct 16th.

Still holding 196 carbs and protein are both around 300.

Jeremy

njames
06-07-10, 4:35 pm
Wooooooo!!!

Like I said last week, I finally got back with my old trainer to check my body fat.

Starting Weight 190 - starting bf 25%
New Weight 168 - new bf 18.655

Last week I was easing back onto the strict cutting diet I was on for two months leading up to May, so I'm now fully back on it. How does that look? I don't know if I've lost too much muscle, or if I am on the right track. Let me know!

smoothballer
06-07-10, 9:25 pm
Start of Week 19

Current Weight: 201.0 lbs (+3 lbs in the last 2 weeks)

Been crazy busy lately and haven't had time to get a body comp check. I was thinking that am gonna continue this clean bulk for a few more weeks and then change it up a little. So if it's cool with you I was thinking I would just get the comp test then and see how I have done overall. What do you think? Also I am on my last week of Test/Stak and then 3 more weeks of M-Stak.

Thanks for all your help Tom,
Derek

njames
06-08-10, 11:37 am
Wooooooo!!!

Like I said last week, I finally got back with my old trainer to check my body fat.

Last week I was easing back onto the strict cutting diet I was on for two months leading up to May, so I'm now fully back on it. How does that look? I don't know if I've lost too much muscle, or if I am on the right track. Let me know!

So by my math, that's a little over 15 lbs of fat, and 7 lbs of muscle lost. Is that good? I'm psyched about the fat loss, but not so much about the muscle loss.

clifsgoals
06-08-10, 7:47 pm
Rage,

At 237lb, down 3lb since may 30th. Keeping protein at 320, and carbs are at 190-200. Cardio 4-5 days a weak for 45 minutes. Hunger is around 5 out of 10. Working on getting back cleaner with the diet. On a 4 day split keeping reps in the 12-15 rep range.

njames
06-09-10, 12:01 pm
Wooooooo!!!

So by my math, that's a little over 15 lbs of fat, and 7 lbs of muscle lost. Is that good? I'm psyched about the fat loss, but not so much about the muscle loss.

Should I change up my workouts at all to work on muscle growth as well as cutting? I for sure want to make my #1 priority cutting the fat down another 10%, but I don't want to lose too much muscle in the process (even though I'm sure that most of that muscle loss was last month, when I wasn't working out much but still doing the diet).

I've been doing the same 2-week workout, but didn't know if I should increase the intensity with the weights. Please let me know.

Also, on Wednesdays - where you normally would have me do 1-2 lbs. of extra sweet potatoes - is there ANY way I could do some kind of increase in the brown rice instead? even though the results were there, I felt so bloated on Wednesdays. Please advise.

Rage
06-09-10, 3:11 pm
Rage,

This is the last week of my Bulk according to the 18 week schedule. Show is Oct 16th.

Still holding 196 carbs and protein are both around 300.

Jeremy

No changes. Get ready to put in some serious work for your contest.

Wooooooo!!!

Looks like about 9 lbs of muscle lost but 17 lbs of fat lost, so at least the fat loss is higher. We most likely need to bump your protein.

Start of Week 19

Current Weight: 201.0 lbs (+3 lbs in the last 2 weeks)

Been crazy busy lately and haven't had time to get a body comp check. I was thinking that am gonna continue this clean bulk for a few more weeks and then change it up a little. So if it's cool with you I was thinking I would just get the comp test then and see how I have done overall. What do you think? Also I am on my last week of Test/Stak and then 3 more weeks of M-Stak.

Thanks for all your help Tom,
Derek

I'll support whatever you want to do brother. Lets see where your at on this mnext comp.

Rage,

At 237lb, down 3lb since may 30th. Keeping protein at 320, and carbs are at 190-200. Cardio 4-5 days a weak for 45 minutes. Hunger is around 5 out of 10. Working on getting back cleaner with the diet. On a 4 day split keeping reps in the 12-15 rep range.

Nice. No changes for the week.

Should I change up my workouts at all to work on muscle growth as well as cutting? I for sure want to make my #1 priority cutting the fat down another 10%, but I don't want to lose too much muscle in the process (even though I'm sure that most of that muscle loss was last month, when I wasn't working out much but still doing the diet).

I've been doing the same 2-week workout, but didn't know if I should increase the intensity with the weights. Please let me know.

Also, on Wednesdays - where you normally would have me do 1-2 lbs. of extra sweet potatoes - is there ANY way I could do some kind of increase in the brown rice instead? even though the results were there, I felt so bloated on Wednesdays. Please advise.

We call it gorilla gut. It's temporary but necessary to stimulate the metabolism. Follow my cutting routine in Iron COntest 2.

njames
06-09-10, 3:44 pm
No changes. Get ready to put in some serious work for your contest.

Looks like about 9 lbs of muscle lost but 17 lbs of fat lost, so at least the fat loss is higher. We most likely need to bump your protein.

I'll support whatever you want to do brother. Lets see where your at on this mnext comp.

Nice. No changes for the week.

We call it gorilla gut. It's temporary but necessary to stimulate the metabolism. Follow my cutting routine in Iron COntest 2.

I've been doing the cutting program from IC 2 since March. Want me to go to 3?

wedge
06-10-10, 2:11 pm
Rage, I want to pick your brain on carbs. I've stayed lean since the Iron Contest II and am wondering if you could help me with a ballpark figure for carbs to maintain where I'm at now.
I currently weight 192 lbs (+7 from the contest) and have actually lost 4 pounds in the last week just by keeping carbs low with moderate cardio.
My main source of carbs is typically Torrent. I love it PWO.
I'm also doing 15 minutes of HIT on a treadmill after training.

njames
06-11-10, 1:34 pm
OOOH! I just read your HRT thread. Since I'm trying to switch things up to add as much muscle as I can, while still cutting, should I switch from Iron Contest 2 program to the cutting program for HRT? Or do I need to stick with IC2? My #1 goal is to drop from 18.65 bf% to ~9%, so bodyfat is the most important.

Also, IF I were to switch to HRT, do I keep my cardio (6x/week for 60 minutes), or change that up? Same with the diet?

Whatever you recommend, brother, I will follow. You've got me down over 6% of bf since March (technically 2 months, since I was off most of May for my wedding and the stuff that goes along with it), so I fully trust in you and Animal. I'm a lifer now.

G Diesel
06-11-10, 5:34 pm
Good to see the guru still banging away at it... Always an inspiration my brother.

Peace, G

clifsgoals
06-14-10, 9:30 am
Rage,

at 236lb down 1lb, protein at 320, carbs at 190-200, cardio still at 45 minutes- 4-5 times a week. Took the weekend off, was getting fatigued bad, felt great this morning on chest/tri work out. Think I'm just trying to get used working out side in the heat, was 100 degrees yesterday. Increasing my water intake.

Rage
06-15-10, 1:20 pm
Rage, I want to pick your brain on carbs. I've stayed lean since the Iron Contest II and am wondering if you could help me with a ballpark figure for carbs to maintain where I'm at now.
I currently weight 192 lbs (+7 from the contest) and have actually lost 4 pounds in the last week just by keeping carbs low with moderate cardio.
My main source of carbs is typically Torrent. I love it PWO.
I'm also doing 15 minutes of HIT on a treadmill after training.

I would suggest that you make your first carb source oatmeal in the morning. Maybe a cup or so. Then get at least another 50 grams from an 8 oz yam. Then switch to torrent zero for recovery.

OOOH! I just read your HRT thread. Since I'm trying to switch things up to add as much muscle as I can, while still cutting, should I switch from Iron Contest 2 program to the cutting program for HRT? Or do I need to stick with IC2? My #1 goal is to drop from 18.65 bf% to ~9%, so bodyfat is the most important.

Also, IF I were to switch to HRT, do I keep my cardio (6x/week for 60 minutes), or change that up? Same with the diet?

Whatever you recommend, brother, I will follow. You've got me down over 6% of bf since March (technically 2 months, since I was off most of May for my wedding and the stuff that goes along with it), so I fully trust in you and Animal. I'm a lifer now.

If you have a reliable training partner that you trust, then run HRT for a cut no longer than 12-16 weeks. We need to keep your off season bf down to around 12%. You'll need to check in from week to week so I can make necssary adjustments

Good to see the guru still banging away at it... Always an inspiration my brother.

Peace, G

Thanks brother. I know I've always got your support and that means a lot big guy

Rage,

at 236lb down 1lb, protein at 320, carbs at 190-200, cardio still at 45 minutes- 4-5 times a week. Took the weekend off, was getting fatigued bad, felt great this morning on chest/tri work out. Think I'm just trying to get used working out side in the heat, was 100 degrees yesterday. Increasing my water intake.

good adjustments. no changes on this end

njames
06-15-10, 3:32 pm
New Weight 168 - current bf 18.655%

I will start the HRT cutting to get down to ~9%. Do I use the same cutting meal plan from IC2? Do I do the same 60 minutes of cardio every day but leg day (am I even SUPPOSED to do cardio for the HRT cutting)?

Can I do additional brown rice instead of sweet potatoes for Wednesday clean carb spike? If not, fine. If so, how much more?

I'm pretty sure I have some reliable people to help me with the HRT. I workout with a trainer a few times a week (even since I found out about Rage's amzing IC2, I only use him as a spotter!), and I know plenty of the smart lifters at the gym - so I'm not too worried about it.

njames
06-15-10, 3:34 pm
Sorry for so many questions. I just want to make sure my cutting is successful, and that I don't lose too much muscle in the process. I can even add more protein a day if needed.

njames
06-22-10, 10:20 am
Let's wipe the slate clean. We'll call THIS week 1, since I'm starting HRT cutting.

Starting Weight 168 - starting bf 18.655%

Couldn't do the cardio yesterday, but did the Day 1 exercise. Crazy how fast the pump comes in those. My triceps were solid after the machine tricep ext!

Doing the same food program as I used in the Iron Contest II for cutting. Hope that's ok.

clifsgoals
06-22-10, 10:49 am
Rage,

Down to 235, lost 1 more lb. Trying to keep food intake up, hard to eat because of the heat. trying to keep it at 320 for protein and 190-200 for carbs. Still doing cardio 4 -5 day a weak for 30-45min.

njames
06-22-10, 12:40 pm
I've been throwing in a little bit of blackberries a few days a week

Saiyan
06-22-10, 7:12 pm
I hope this is the right place to ask a question but i ve been training serious for about 6 months or so and went from 130 to 160 and got serious rresults becuz this guy gave me an amazing workout regime and it fuckn worked great but after that i just went a stray looking for a new one and just couldnt find a solid one and lost half an inch on my arms went from 13 to 12.5 inches and its soo frustrating i have to get em back up i need help bro

Mr. Dead
06-25-10, 3:25 pm
So... What's the diet and supps looking like, currently, Rage...???

Rage
06-28-10, 2:36 pm
Let's wipe the slate clean. We'll call THIS week 1, since I'm starting HRT cutting.

Couldn't do the cardio yesterday, but did the Day 1 exercise. Crazy how fast the pump comes in those. My triceps were solid after the machine tricep ext!

Doing the same food program as I used in the Iron Contest II for cutting. Hope that's ok.

Nice. Thats a perfect place to start with the dieting brother. Check in tomorrow and lets see where your at.

Rage,

Down to 235, lost 1 more lb. Trying to keep food intake up, hard to eat because of the heat. trying to keep it at 320 for protein and 190-200 for carbs. Still doing cardio 4 -5 day a weak for 30-45min.

Ok. To level off, maybe take a day here or a day there off cardio

I've been throwing in a little bit of blackberries a few days a week

No fruit on my diet unless it's cheat meal...then it's game on.

I hope this is the right place to ask a question but i ve been training serious for about 6 months or so and went from 130 to 160 and got serious rresults becuz this guy gave me an amazing workout regime and it fuckn worked great but after that i just went a stray looking for a new one and just couldnt find a solid one and lost half an inch on my arms went from 13 to 12.5 inches and its soo frustrating i have to get em back up i need help bro

Have you tried HRT? Do you have a reliable training partner?

So... What's the diet and supps looking like, currently, Rage...???

I use Cuts, Pak, Stak, Test, Omega, Nitro, PM, Flex, glutamine powder, creatine powder, Ultra Whey Pro Straw/Banana, EAA Stak, BCAA Stak and potassium. They all play an important role in getting me where I need to be.

Greek Elite
06-29-10, 8:53 am
yo rage, i know i wasnt comin in here for check ins or anything, but just wanted to let you know your routine was my cutting routine thru the OBF on bb.com (and damn was it brutal, but worth it!)

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z128/gyro25/datebeforeafter.jpg
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z128/gyro25/frontrelaxbeforeafter.jpg
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z128/gyro25/sidebeforeafter.jpg
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z128/gyro25/backrelaxedbeforeafter.jpg
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z128/gyro25/frontflexbeforeafter.jpg
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z128/gyro25/backflexbeforeafter.jpg
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z128/gyro25/DSCN4846.jpg

I started my cut a bit late compared to others (only cut for 10 weeks or so) but I like my results. Could have done thing a little different but all good.

just wanted to stop in and say thanks! oo and i'm hoping theres another Iron Contest in the works cuz if so I'll definitely be dropping my name in for that.. later

- GE

njames
06-29-10, 10:52 am
Week 2 of HRT cutting.

New Weight 167
Appetite fine. On Wednesday, did 1 lb. extra sweet potatoes for clean carb spike.

You never answered if I could do an extra serving or two of 1/3 cup of brown rice instead (?)

I only did half the cardio last week, since my body was wiped!!! HRT has kicked my body's ass, and I love it!! I LOVE how on the negatives (if my form is right), I can feel those muscle fibers doing WORK!

I didn't do abs yesterday. Since I'm still around 18% bf, do I need to include the 3x100 for abs, or wait until I'm at a lower bf%?

njames
06-29-10, 11:02 am
What are forward/reverse wrist curls? Are those just forearm exercises?

How do you do negatives on the partial dips?

Should I still do cardio?

What is tree bark made out of? (Sorry, had to throw in that Zoolander reference)

Rage
06-29-10, 3:37 pm
yo rage, i know i wasnt comin in here for check ins or anything, but just wanted to let you know your routine was my cutting routine thru the OBF on bb.com (and damn was it brutal, but worth it!)

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z128/gyro25/datebeforeafter.jpg
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z128/gyro25/frontrelaxbeforeafter.jpg
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z128/gyro25/sidebeforeafter.jpg
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z128/gyro25/backrelaxedbeforeafter.jpg
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z128/gyro25/frontflexbeforeafter.jpg
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z128/gyro25/backflexbeforeafter.jpg
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z128/gyro25/DSCN4846.jpg

I started my cut a bit late compared to others (only cut for 10 weeks or so) but I like my results. Could have done thing a little different but all good.

just wanted to stop in and say thanks! oo and i'm hoping theres another Iron Contest in the works cuz if so I'll definitely be dropping my name in for that.. later

- GE

Nice job brother. I helped prep B Con for that a contest a while back. He won that time for the cut. The posing, contest prep and ProTan make a big difference for the showing off the finished product.

Week 2 of HRT cutting.

New Weight 167
Appetite fine. On Wednesday, did 1 lb. extra sweet potatoes for clean carb spike.

You never answered if I could do an extra serving or two of 1/3 cup of brown rice instead (?)

I only did half the cardio last week, since my body was wiped!!! HRT has kicked my body's ass, and I love it!! I LOVE how on the negatives (if my form is right), I can feel those muscle fibers doing WORK!

I didn't do abs yesterday. Since I'm still around 18% bf, do I need to include the 3x100 for abs, or wait until I'm at a lower bf%?

Add 4 oz chicken to your daily intake. You can sub the brown rice no problem. Do 1 set of 100 each side for abs, 3 times a week. Have a cheat meal for 30 minutes on Saturday.

What are forward/reverse wrist curls? Are those just forearm exercises?

How do you do negatives on the partial dips?

Should I still do cardio?

What is tree bark made out of? (Sorry, had to throw in that Zoolander reference)

1. yes
2. Switch out the partial dips for close grip bench or overhead dumbell extensions.
3. yes. 45 minutes 6 days a week. No cardio on leg days.
4. tree bark???

njames
06-29-10, 4:09 pm
Add 4 oz chicken to your daily intake. You can sub the brown rice no problem. Do 1 set of 100 each side for abs, 3 times a week. Have a cheat meal for 30 minutes on Saturday.

1. yes
2. Switch out the partial dips for close grip bench or overhead dumbell extensions.
3. yes. 45 minutes 6 days a week. No cardio on leg days.
4. tree bark???

I already add 4 oz - over the standard IC2 plan - to my daily intake. So am I adding 4 MORE, or stay at the 36 oz (which is 4 over the usual IC2) I'm currently at.

I will do an additional 1/3 brown rice 2x on Wednesday (1 cup total of brown rice on Wednesday).

Instead of the 60 mniutes cardio I'm doing, go down to 45? I'll do that until you say otherwise.

Rage
06-29-10, 4:14 pm
I already add 4 oz - over the standard IC2 plan - to my daily intake. So am I adding 4 MORE, or stay at the 36 oz (which is 4 over the usual IC2) I'm currently at.

I will do an additional 1/3 brown rice 2x on Wednesday (1 cup total of brown rice on Wednesday).

Instead of the 60 mniutes cardio I'm doing, go down to 45? I'll do that until you say otherwise.

Each checkin builds on the last. So yes, add that in addition. I didn't remember bumping you from 45 to 60, but if I did, then stick with 60.

smoothballer
06-30-10, 9:54 am
Tom,

While I haven't been posting a whole lot in here I am just letting you know that I am still continuing strong with my diet and training. I had a minor setback with the flu where I lost a few pounds, but I am back up to 202 lbs. I also switched out one of the chicken breast meals with some lean ground beef to switch things up a bit. Thanks again for all your help and I will let you know when I get in for my next body comp check.

-Derek

njames
06-30-10, 10:18 am
Derek-

LOVE your "obsessed" tag. Glad I'm not the only one who is referred to as "obsessed" in that regards.

I've even been accused of "revolving your life around your food schedule", whereas I refer to that practice as making sure my body is fueled with what it needs, instead of going out and cramming my body full of processed shit. I would MUCH rather be revolving my life around eating clean, instead of revolving my life around getting diabetes (like my dad), heart attacks, or obesity.

njames
07-06-10, 9:37 am
Week 3 of HRT cutting.

New Weight 169
Appetite fine.

My body has rebounded nicely from first starting this intense workout. On week 1, I could barely do half of the cardio I was supposed to. On week 2, I only missed Wednesday. Granted, on Sunday I could barely move in the evening (ZERO energy), but at least I got in the cardio!

I had an extra cheat meal on Sunday. I didn't WANT to, but it being the holiday my wife was able to twist my arm. I did keep it under 30 minutes, and since there's not another holiday that involves food for MONTHS ( I HATE how this country has made almost all holidays revolve around food somehow), I'll be sticking strong, brother.

My weights have actually gone UP in some exercises already. That's awesome! I think adding the extra chicken last week (per your instructions) really helped give me that extra power to push through the weight.

Rage
07-06-10, 4:24 pm
Tom,

While I haven't been posting a whole lot in here I am just letting you know that I am still continuing strong with my diet and training. I had a minor setback with the flu where I lost a few pounds, but I am back up to 202 lbs. I also switched out one of the chicken breast meals with some lean ground beef to switch things up a bit. Thanks again for all your help and I will let you know when I get in for my next body comp check.

-Derek

Hey I know your doin work brother. Keep it up.

Week 3 of HRT cutting.

New Weight 169
Appetite fine.

My body has rebounded nicely from first starting this intense workout. On week 1, I could barely do half of the cardio I was supposed to. On week 2, I only missed Wednesday. Granted, on Sunday I could barely move in the evening (ZERO energy), but at least I got in the cardio!

I had an extra cheat meal on Sunday. I didn't WANT to, but it being the holiday my wife was able to twist my arm. I did keep it under 30 minutes, and since there's not another holiday that involves food for MONTHS ( I HATE how this country has made almost all holidays revolve around food somehow), I'll be sticking strong, brother.

My weights have actually gone UP in some exercises already. That's awesome! I think adding the extra chicken last week (per your instructions) really helped give me that extra power to push through the weight.

Good job. But we should be making more progress than 1 lb in the last three weeks. Please let me know how many lbs your down from week to week also in your updates. Your carbs should be about 150 grams so lets drop them down to 125 grams starting Thursday. Also keep me posted on how many min utes of cardio your at. Lets do an extra 200 grams clean carb spike tomorrow, so thats 350 grams total for the day and get that in by 5 pm.

njames
07-06-10, 4:54 pm
Hey I know your doin work brother. Keep it up.

Good job. But we should be making more progress than 1 lb in the last three weeks. Please let me know how many lbs your down from week to week also in your updates. Your carbs should be about 150 grams so lets drop them down to 125 grams starting Thursday. Also keep me posted on how many min utes of cardio your at. Lets do an extra 200 grams clean carb spike tomorrow, so thats 350 grams total for the day and get that in by 5 pm.

I went up about a pound since last week.

I do 60 minutes on cardio every day but leg day.

For carbs, I do one 1/2 cup of Grape-Nuts, an 8oz sweet potato, and 1/3 cup of brown rice every day. So I will have to double-check to see what to do to get it down 25g/day.

I'm doing the cutting program for HRT. Perhaps this is why I'm not up that much (losing fat pounds while gaining muscle)??

This week I started a cycle of Animal Cuts (which I'll be on for 3 weeks)

clifsgoals
07-06-10, 9:52 pm
Rage,

Down to 233lb, lost one lb. Slowed down with cardio, just 3 day a week now, protein at 280, carbs at 170-190. Pressing through. Tough days , heat index has been 110 or higher for the last few weeks.

RawBert22
07-12-10, 12:42 am
Hey Whats Rage!! I Need Your Help!! Ive Been Doing Squats But My Back Is My Biggest Problem, I Feel Like Its Not Straight Enough,Can You Help Me Out??Tips Anything Will Help

njames
07-13-10, 9:49 am
Started yesterday on Week 4 of HRT cutting.

Last Week's Weight 169
This Week's Weight 165
Appetite fine.

On Week 3, I only missed Wednesday's 60-minute cardio. I dropped the 25g of carbs, starting Thursday, like you asked me to.

So now the only carbs I do are the 1/2 cup of Grape-Nuts & an 8oz sweet potato. The rest of the little bit of carbs come from the chicken/beef/veggies, but those two are the only clean carbs I do since you had me drop the grams (I took out the daily 1/3 cup of brown rice).

Shall I do the extra 200g of carbs on Wednesday again? If I don't hear otherwise by 5 today, I'll just assume to go ahead with it.

My arm veins are starting to stick out of my skin more during workouts - so while I won't be checking bf% until the end of the month, I have a feeling I've dropped more fat.

Rage
07-13-10, 5:01 pm
I went up about a pound since last week.

I do 60 minutes on cardio every day but leg day.

For carbs, I do one 1/2 cup of Grape-Nuts, an 8oz sweet potato, and 1/3 cup of brown rice every day. So I will have to double-check to see what to do to get it down 25g/day.

I'm doing the cutting program for HRT. Perhaps this is why I'm not up that much (losing fat pounds while gaining muscle)??

This week I started a cycle of Animal Cuts (which I'll be on for 3 weeks)

Started yesterday on Week 4 of HRT cutting.

Last Week's Weight 169
This Week's Weight 165
Appetite fine.

On Week 3, I only missed Wednesday's 60-minute cardio. I dropped the 25g of carbs, starting Thursday, like you asked me to.

So now the only carbs I do are the 1/2 cup of Grape-Nuts & an 8oz sweet potato. The rest of the little bit of carbs come from the chicken/beef/veggies, but those two are the only clean carbs I do since you had me drop the grams (I took out the daily 1/3 cup of brown rice).

Shall I do the extra 200g of carbs on Wednesday again? If I don't hear otherwise by 5 today, I'll just assume to go ahead with it.

My arm veins are starting to stick out of my skin more during workouts - so while I won't be checking bf% until the end of the month, I have a feeling I've dropped more fat.

Yes, same rotation as last week with spike and cheat. Let me know when you get that bf update.

Hey Whats Rage!! I Need Your Help!! Ive Been Doing Squats But My Back Is My Biggest Problem, I Feel Like Its Not Straight Enough,Can You Help Me Out??Tips Anything Will Help

Assuming you ahve no prior injuries to that area, try stretching it every night before bed by sitting on the floor with your legs open and stretching to the middle. DO NOT stretch prior to training..you'll be looking for an injury. Muscles are weaker after being stretched. Also, work with someone thats knows what they are doing with form.

Rage,

Down to 233lb, lost one lb. Slowed down with cardio, just 3 day a week now, protein at 280, carbs at 170-190. Pressing through. Tough days , heat index has been 110 or higher for the last few weeks.

That is hot as fuck bro. Good job pulling back on the cardio. Sounds like your getting to know your body pretty well. Stay the course.

boyer77
07-13-10, 5:26 pm
You have helped my wife out with her diet and I have seen huge improvement. I am trying to bulk right now (5'11" 188lbs) but I have no appetite. Here is a run dow of what I attempt to eat each day:
7 - 3 whole egg, 3 whites and 1c oats 4 tabs of uni-liver and 3 caps of beta ala9
10 - 1 can of tuna, 1 pb sandwhich on whole wheat bread - 5g creatine mono, pak
1 - 8oz of chicken or steak, 1c brown rice - 4 tabs of uni-liver
3 - protein shake
3:30 - apple and 3 caps beta ala9, 5g creatine mono
5:30 - protein shake, 5g glutamine
6:30 - 8oz chicken or steak, 1c brown rice
9:30 - 3 egg whites, 1Tbsp pb and a glass of milk - PM

I have done this before but I can't seem to choke everything down. Any advice would be appreciated...

WarlordMalice
07-14-10, 2:32 pm
Thanks for the reply to the PM Rage!! I started your diet on Friday and started the workout program for cutting from the Iron Contest 1/2 on Monday. Holy hell the leg workout yesterday was brutal!! Can I sub the oats in the morning for grits or something else? Oats seem to be my fear factor food and hit the gag reflex. Everything else is good to go although a couple times a week I get in 90 minutes of muay thai training which get the heart beat WAAYYYY above 120. Anyway here are my starting stats:

Age-37
height-6'
weight-246
bf-24%

I'm doing a 60 day body transformation challenge at my gym but will continue with this workout/diet program until I reach my bf goals then switch to your bulking program. Thanks in advance for all your help and advice brother!!!

Rage
07-14-10, 2:41 pm
You have helped my wife out with her diet and I have seen huge improvement. I am trying to bulk right now (5'11" 188lbs) but I have no appetite. Here is a run dow of what I attempt to eat each day:
7 - 3 whole egg, 3 whites and 1c oats 4 tabs of uni-liver and 3 caps of beta ala9
10 - 1 can of tuna, 1 pb sandwhich on whole wheat bread - 5g creatine mono, pak
1 - 8oz of chicken or steak, 1c brown rice - 4 tabs of uni-liver
3 - protein shake
3:30 - apple and 3 caps beta ala9, 5g creatine mono
5:30 - protein shake, 5g glutamine
6:30 - 8oz chicken or steak, 1c brown rice
9:30 - 3 egg whites, 1Tbsp pb and a glass of milk - PM

I have done this before but I can't seem to choke everything down. Any advice would be appreciated...

Nice to meet you brother. I thought you guys were over in the Toledo area? Your diet looks pretty solid to me. I would, however, move the PB to the a.m. How much sleep are you getting? What does your training look like?

Rage
07-14-10, 2:55 pm
Thanks for the reply to the PM Rage!! I started your diet on Friday and started the workout program for cutting from the Iron Contest 1/2 on Monday. Holy hell the leg workout yesterday was brutal!! Can I sub the oats in the morning for grits or something else? Oats seem to be my fear factor food and hit the gag reflex. Everything else is good to go although a couple times a week I get in 90 minutes of muay thai training which get the heart beat WAAYYYY above 120. Anyway here are my starting stats:

Age-37
height-6'
weight-246
bf-24%

I'm doing a 60 day body transformation challenge at my gym but will continue with this workout/diet program until I reach my bf goals then switch to your bulking program. Thanks in advance for all your help and advice brother!!!

You bet brother. How did you check that bf? What method? You can sub yams for the oats. Check in with me every Tuesday a.m. if possible and let me know the difference in your weight from week to week? Consistancy in cardio is huge with me. If your heart rate is never below 120 for the entire 90 minutes then I don't see a problem with doing that. You will need to do that for 6 days a week and not at all on leg day. Lets do this brother.

boyer77
07-14-10, 3:07 pm
Nice to meet you brother. I thought you guys were over in the Toledo area? Your diet looks pretty solid to me. I would, however, move the PB to the a.m. How much sleep are you getting? What does your training look like?

We just made the move out to Cali about a month ago. I will move the PB and I get 5-8 hours of sleep a night. I am doing a 5 day split right now. I train balls to the walls, I am usually pretty nauseous by the time I am finished.
For some reason I am just not able to cram it all in. I am at 190 and trying to bulk, I would like to do a show next year. Today I just cut everything back a little and so far so good. I figured I would add more food as my appetite increased. I appreciate the reply...

WarlordMalice
07-14-10, 3:13 pm
You bet brother. How did you check that bf? What method? You can sub yams for the oats. Check in with me every Tuesday a.m. if possible and let me know the difference in your weight from week to week? Consistancy in cardio is huge with me. If your heart rate is never below 120 for the entire 90 minutes then I don't see a problem with doing that. You will need to do that for 6 days a week and not at all on leg day. Lets do this brother.

It was tested by the trainer at the gym using one of those hand held deals. I guess that's how they are testing all the people in the challenge.

Checking in every Tuesday is no problem.

Right now I'm riding the bike for 45 minutes after working out and doing muay thai a couple days a week on non workout days. I ride the bike after lifting cuz I work nights from 4pm-between 2-4am. I wake up at 10am and am at the gym by 11am so I drink a protein shake when I wake up and eat my first meal when I get home from the gym at around 1pm. When they finish the construction by my house I can start riding my mountain bike to work a couple times a week again too which is about 5.5 miles and takes about 20 minutes each way.

Rage
07-14-10, 4:00 pm
We just made the move out to Cali about a month ago. I will move the PB and I get 5-8 hours of sleep a night. I am doing a 5 day split right now. I train balls to the walls, I am usually pretty nauseous by the time I am finished.
For some reason I am just not able to cram it all in. I am at 190 and trying to bulk, I would like to do a show next year. Today I just cut everything back a little and so far so good. I figured I would add more food as my appetite increased. I appreciate the reply...

Awesome. Welcome to Cali. Let me know if I can help week to week.

It was tested by the trainer at the gym using one of those hand held deals. I guess that's how they are testing all the people in the challenge.

Checking in every Tuesday is no problem.

Right now I'm riding the bike for 45 minutes after working out and doing muay thai a couple days a week on non workout days. I ride the bike after lifting cuz I work nights from 4pm-between 2-4am. I wake up at 10am and am at the gym by 11am so I drink a protein shake when I wake up and eat my first meal when I get home from the gym at around 1pm. When they finish the construction by my house I can start riding my mountain bike to work a couple times a week again too which is about 5.5 miles and takes about 20 minutes each way.

Sounds great brother.

boyer77
07-15-10, 12:26 am
Awesome. Welcome to Cali. Let me know if I can help week to week.

Will do, thanks brotha!

njames
07-15-10, 10:04 am
Rage,

I have to say that the HRT cutting is BRUTAL. These past few weeks I've missed my Wednesday morning 60-minute cardio. My body has been so tired, I could barely get my ass out of bed! Other than that day, I haven't missed any other cardio for two weeks.

By the way, when I say "brutal" I mean that in a GOOD way. The fact that my body is pissed at me the next day shows I'm doing something right. I'm exhausted, but I'm loving it. I especially feel those muscle fibers working extra on chest and leg workouts. I've never been so happy being miserable!

That said, I wish I would have been warned about one thing: The other day I was doing either hack squats or leg press. In everything you've written/commented on the HRT, you tell that rep #4 of the negatives need to be at failure. Well, I was fighting off my trainer's fourth forced negative; I was on the edge of failure, using everything I could to keep my legs from dying, and...I came THIS CLOSE to sharting in my gym shorts!!!

I know we are supposed to push with all our might, but that was ridiculous!!

Rage
07-15-10, 1:46 pm
Rage,

I have to say that the HRT cutting is BRUTAL. These past few weeks I've missed my Wednesday morning 60-minute cardio. My body has been so tired, I could barely get my ass out of bed! Other than that day, I haven't missed any other cardio for two weeks.

By the way, when I say "brutal" I mean that in a GOOD way. The fact that my body is pissed at me the next day shows I'm doing something right. I'm exhausted, but I'm loving it. I especially feel those muscle fibers working extra on chest and leg workouts. I've never been so happy being miserable!

That said, I wish I would have been warned about one thing: The other day I was doing either hack squats or leg press. In everything you've written/commented on the HRT, you tell that rep #4 of the negatives need to be at failure. Well, I was fighting off my trainer's fourth forced negative; I was on the edge of failure, using everything I could to keep my legs from dying, and...I came THIS CLOSE to sharting in my gym shorts!!!

lol...thats hilarious

WarlordMalice
07-18-10, 12:18 am
Rage,

New shirt idea...Squat till you shit

RaLVeK
07-19-10, 9:12 am
rage...i'm 6'2 and thus i have long arms...so even though the rest of my body an ok size my arms just look so lanky and small...
i was told i didn't have to directly work arms to get them to grow, so i tried that at first, and i'm not happy with the results...i've since started adding an extra workout session to my week specifically for my little bb guns, that was about a month ago...i'm eating my highest carbs on arms day...but i just wanna know if there anything else i can do to help LETHALize my guns(lol)

clifsgoals
07-19-10, 10:10 am
Rage,

Today was at 233, finally stabilizing at a weight. I do drop some during the week, allot of it is water though I think from sweating so much. Protein at 280. carbs at 180-190. water at 1-2 gallons. Not using any supplements except a blended whey. Cardio at 3-4days 45 minutes a week.

Thanks
clif

DumbbellBanana
07-19-10, 12:17 pm
Rage,
Im starting my HRT bulk on august 1, I currently weigh 180lbs, looking to put on some pounds without adding to much body fat. I read the eating for hrt and am going to follow that program. I was just wondering for adding of creatine and glutamine, 5g each for 2 of the shakes, should I be adding creatine and glutamine to my postworkout shake or just add them to the shakes during the day?

Rage
07-19-10, 2:41 pm
rage...i'm 6'2 and thus i have long arms...so even though the rest of my body an ok size my arms just look so lanky and small...
i was told i didn't have to directly work arms to get them to grow, so i tried that at first, and i'm not happy with the results...i've since started adding an extra workout session to my week specifically for my little bb guns, that was about a month ago...i'm eating my highest carbs on arms day...but i just wanna know if there anything else i can do to help LETHALize my guns(lol)

Boy do I hear you on this one! I'm 5' 10" with a 75" reach and it's been a reall challenge for me to fill out my arms. In fact, my trainer is always telling me to bring up my arms some more..then some more..then some more. Easier said than done. FIrst off, use more of a priority training approach and put arms as your first workout of the week. Hit basic movements like BB Curls for biceps and Close Grip Bench for Tri's. Do a total of three exercises per bodypart for both bi's and tri's. Try HRT for solo if you workout by yourself and HRT Intermediate if you have a partner and a couple training years of experience. Keep your reps between 8 and 15 and only 2 sets for each exercise. Keep me posted.

Rage,

Today was at 233, finally stabilizing at a weight. I do drop some during the week, allot of it is water though I think from sweating so much. Protein at 280. carbs at 180-190. water at 1-2 gallons. Not using any supplements except a blended whey. Cardio at 3-4days 45 minutes a week.

Thanks
clif

I would add about a half pound of chicken to your diet. Should definitely help with adding more lean but not too much that your kidneys would need a break. Great job learning how to manage your physique.

Rage,
Im starting my HRT bulk on august 1, I currently weigh 180lbs, looking to put on some pounds without adding to much body fat. I read the eating for hrt and am going to follow that program. I was just wondering for adding of creatine and glutamine, 5g each for 2 of the shakes, should I be adding creatine and glutamine to my postworkout shake or just add them to the shakes during the day?

Awesome! Put one of your shakes as a post workout recovery drink. It will give you the basics of what you need to begin a solid recovery process from the days training.

njames
07-20-10, 3:09 pm
Started yesterday on Week 5 of HRT cutting.

Last Week's Weight 165
This Week's Weight 167
Appetite fine.

On Week 4, I only missed Wednesday's 60-minute cardio.

While my body weight seems to bounce around, my diet has stayed consistent. Also, my arm veins are sticking out more during working out, so my fat is going down. So I know for sure that I'm not adding fat. Hopefully in about a week or two I'll have a new bf% update for you.

I'm also not discouraged because my weights I throw around in the gym are moving up. Partly because I'm tweeking which weight amount needs to be used, and partly because I've been able to lift more than before. For example, here are some exercises with the amount of weight used on week 1 of HRT versus week 4's (granted, I'm not using all 100+ pound DBs like YOU, Rage, but I'm working on it :-D ) :

Reverse Curls = Wk 1 - 40 lbs , Wk 4 - 50 lbs
Leg Press = Wk 1 - 360, Wk 4- 450
Hack Squat = Wk 1 - 180, Wk 4- 270
BB Shrug - Wk 1- 180, Wk 4 - 270
Calf Ext. = Wk 1 - 230, Wk 4 - 500
Calf Raises = Wk 1 - 135, Wk 4 -360

So in that sense, I'm HOPING I'm packing on more muscle. We'll know for sure once I get my bf% checked.

I will continue to add 200g of clean carbs for tomorrow only.

WarlordMalice
07-20-10, 4:00 pm
Start of week 2
Starting Weight: 246 lbs
Current Weight: 239 (-7 lbs for the week)
Starting BF: 24%
Current BF: 24%(no clue why it didn't go down)
Protein/Carbs: whatever the starting diet is. I didn't think to calculate it out

I don't know why my BF didn't go down. I find it hard to believe I lost 7 lbs of muscle in one week. I've only missed one workout/cardio and that was yesterday cuz when I woke up my lower back was so fucked up I had to call into work. I spent all day in bed on vicodin and muscle relaxers. Felt better today so I'll just call yesterday my rest day instead of Wednesday. I work nights and with no carbs after my 6pm meal I'm totally exhausted by about 10pm but I expected that for now. Energy is fine during workouts but it seems my muscle endurance is shit.

Rage
07-21-10, 8:02 pm
Started yesterday on Week 5 of HRT cutting.

Last Week's Weight 165
This Week's Weight 167
Appetite fine.

On Week 4, I only missed Wednesday's 60-minute cardio.

While my body weight seems to bounce around, my diet has stayed consistent. Also, my arm veins are sticking out more during working out, so my fat is going down. So I know for sure that I'm not adding fat. Hopefully in about a week or two I'll have a new bf% update for you.

I'm also not discouraged because my weights I throw around in the gym are moving up. Partly because I'm tweeking which weight amount needs to be used, and partly because I've been able to lift more than before. For example, here are some exercises with the amount of weight used on week 1 of HRT versus week 4's (granted, I'm not using all 100+ pound DBs like YOU, Rage, but I'm working on it :-D ) :

Reverse Curls = Wk 1 - 40 lbs , Wk 4 - 50 lbs
Leg Press = Wk 1 - 360, Wk 4- 450
Hack Squat = Wk 1 - 180, Wk 4- 270
BB Shrug - Wk 1- 180, Wk 4 - 270
Calf Ext. = Wk 1 - 230, Wk 4 - 500
Calf Raises = Wk 1 - 135, Wk 4 -360

So in that sense, I'm HOPING I'm packing on more muscle. We'll know for sure once I get my bf% checked.

Perfect. Good job sticking with it. Cheat meal this Saturday before 6 pm

Start of week 2
Starting Weight: 246 lbs
Current Weight: 239 (-7 lbs for the week)
Starting BF: 24%
Current BF: 24%(no clue why it didn't go down)
Protein/Carbs: whatever the starting diet is. I didn't think to calculate it out

I don't know why my BF didn't go down. I find it hard to believe I lost 7 lbs of muscle in one week. I've only missed one workout/cardio and that was yesterday cuz when I woke up my lower back was so fucked up I had to call into work. I spent all day in bed on vicodin and muscle relaxers. Felt better today so I'll just call yesterday my rest day instead of Wednesday. I work nights and with no carbs after my 6pm meal I'm totally exhausted by about 10pm but I expected that for now. Energy is fine during workouts but it seems my muscle endurance is shit.

How are you checking the bf? Is it on a scale bf that measures through your feet? 7 lbs is a big drop for one week, but if you really are 24% then it might be ok.

WarlordMalice
07-22-10, 1:31 am
Rage, it was checked with one of those digital hand held monitors. They put in the age, height, weight then you hold the handles and it pops out a number. They check everyone that way at the gym.

Rage
07-22-10, 2:49 pm
Rage, it was checked with one of those digital hand held monitors. They put in the age, height, weight then you hold the handles and it pops out a number. They check everyone that way at the gym.

Ok, check around and see if you can find a place to get a hydro or bodpod. They are much more accurate.

njames
07-23-10, 4:19 pm
Quick question, Rage.

For my last two chicken meals on the cutting diet, I do either peas or broccoli. But I was looking to maybe throw in a few other variations. What kinds of veggies do you do?

I already know to stay away from corn, since that's more complex carb than I want to do.

Any suggestions? Any veggies to stay away from?

Thanks.

Rage
07-26-10, 12:34 pm
Quick question, Rage.

For my last two chicken meals on the cutting diet, I do either peas or broccoli. But I was looking to maybe throw in a few other variations. What kinds of veggies do you do?

I already know to stay away from corn, since that's more complex carb than I want to do.

Any suggestions? Any veggies to stay away from?

Thanks.

Stick with asparagus, lettuce, broccoli or cucumbers primarily.

njames
07-27-10, 9:46 am
Started yesterday on Week 6 of HRT cutting.

Last Week's Weight 167
This Week's Weight 168
Appetite fine.

On Week 5, I only missed Wednesday's 60-minute cardio - but I think that's because I've been pushing myself to the limit on leg days. Like I showed you last week, my weights have gone up on the HRT.

I'm happy that it looks like I've added around a pound of muscle in a week. I'm looking forward to finding out what bf% I'm at, since I know it's going down. I'm starting to visually see the veins more now, so that's encouraging. And my food has stayed consistent with your cutting diet for IC2.

Thanks for the info on veggies. I'll be sticking to those 4 exclusively the next time I grocery shop. I love all of those.

njames
08-02-10, 1:07 pm
Today starts Week 7 of HRT cutting.

Last Week's Weight 168
This Week's Weight 169
Appetite fine.

Week 6 was a tough one. I missed Wednesday and Thursday's 60-minute cardios. Wednesday, I was just exhausted from leg day. But Thursday morning, I woke up with the right side of my neck KILLING me (I couldn't look right, only left). So I put muscle rub on it and popped some ibuprofin - but I didn't do cardio, or work out that day. Friday it still hurt (though not as bad) so I worked out chest and cardio. There was no way I was doing shoulders or back, so I missed those muscle groups last week.

No clue why my neck was hurting. I just woke up that way. How lame does THAT sound? I freaking BB shrug 270, and SLEEPING hurts my neck??? I just decided it would sound better if I just told people a ninja snuck in and karate-chopped my neck while I was sleeping. yea, that's believable.

I will continue to add 200g of clean carbs for Wednesday only

Mr. Dead
08-03-10, 10:32 pm
Just an F.Y.I...
Rage is currently on vacation, but will be back online, by about Thursday...

Rage
08-04-10, 7:37 pm
Just an F.Y.I...
Rage is currently on vacation, but will be back online, by about Thursday...

Thanks Dead.

Started yesterday on Week 6 of HRT cutting.

Last Week's Weight 167
This Week's Weight 168
Appetite fine.

On Week 5, I only missed Wednesday's 60-minute cardio - but I think that's because I've been pushing myself to the limit on leg days. Like I showed you last week, my weights have gone up on the HRT.

I'm happy that it looks like I've added around a pound of muscle in a week. I'm looking forward to finding out what bf% I'm at, since I know it's going down. I'm starting to visually see the veins more now, so that's encouraging. And my food has stayed consistent with your cutting diet for IC2.

Thanks for the info on veggies. I'll be sticking to those 4 exclusively the next time I grocery shop. I love all of those.

Today starts Week 7 of HRT cutting.

Last Week's Weight 168
This Week's Weight 169
Appetite fine.

Week 6 was a tough one. I missed Wednesday and Thursday's 60-minute cardios. Wednesday, I was just exhausted from leg day. But Thursday morning, I woke up with the right side of my neck KILLING me (I couldn't look right, only left). So I put muscle rub on it and popped some ibuprofin - but I didn't do cardio, or work out that day. Friday it still hurt (though not as bad) so I worked out chest and cardio. There was no way I was doing shoulders or back, so I missed those muscle groups last week.

No clue why my neck was hurting. I just woke up that way. How lame does THAT sound? I freaking BB shrug 270, and SLEEPING hurts my neck??? I just decided it would sound better if I just told people a ninja snuck in and karate-chopped my neck while I was sleeping. yea, that's believable.

I will continue to add 200g of clean carbs for Wednesday only

Ok, when your you getting that bf checked? Send me a photbucket pic of front and back relaxed so I can get a beter idea of what your looking like. What are your carbs at? Your at 1 hour of cardio a day right?

njames
08-05-10, 11:09 am
Thanks Dead.

Ok, when your you getting that bf checked? Send me a photbucket pic of front and back relaxed so I can get a beter idea of what your looking like. What are your carbs at? Your at 1 hour of cardio a day right?

I hope to get it checked this Sunday. My carbs are at 125g on every day but Wednesday (I'm doing your Iron Contest II for cutting diet) - so my main carbs are 1/2 cup of Grapenuts & 8oz sweet potato. Any other carbs would be whats in the beef or chicken. On Wednesday, I do the 200g extra carbs that you instructed me to do about 3-4 weeks ago.

Yes, I am doing an hour of cardio every day but leg day (and I haven't been getting it in on Wednesday).

I will take pics, and figure out how in the hell to get them on photobucket for you.

Mr. Dead
08-05-10, 11:11 am
Thanks Dead.

No problemo, Boss...

njames
08-05-10, 12:29 pm
Quick question. I'm about to order more Pak, and wanted to try another Universal product (not to kiss ass, but I've wasted a shit-ton of money on other companies over the years, and Universal/Animal are the only ones where I've noticed change).

Since I've been trying to cut as much fat as possible (without losing much muscle), I was wondering if Shock Therapy or Torrent Zero would help with my goals. Or I can approach it in a different way - would either PREVENT me from cutting?

Here's a recap for what I take now:

Animal Omega
Animal Pak (x2)
Animal Cuts (x2)
Animal Flex
Uni-liver (x6/meal)
Sterol Complex (X6/day)

I'm leaning more towards Shock, but wanted to hear your (or anyone's) thoughts.

njames
08-05-10, 2:57 pm
Or should I try out Pump instead? Let me know what would help in my quest of cutting.

tommygunz
08-05-10, 8:14 pm
Hello Rage and everyone.

I have some difficulties on how to combine my post-workout supplements. Here's what I'm gonna take post-wo: Animal Nitro, dextrose, creatine & whey protein.

Any ideas on how to combine them? I read in the Animal Owner's Manual that Nitro should be taken on an empty stomach... Also in the manual I read that if I want to have a protein shake i should take Nitro right after the workout and wait at least 30 minutes to take the shake...

Should I take them altogether?
Should I take the Nitro right after my workout and after 30 minutes all the others?
Is there any other suggestion for optimum results?

njames
08-10-10, 10:49 am
Yesterday started Week 8 of HRT cutting.

Last Week's Weight 169
This Week's Weight 166
Appetite fine.

Week 7 was fine. I missed Wednesday 60-minute cardio, but got every other day's.

I got my bf% checked and...it was inconclusive. Here's why: Even though I weight less (or about the same) as the start of the HRT cutting - and done the SAME cardio, with the only change in diet being the extra 4oz of chicken you recommended - the skin caliper measurements said I went up to 21%. I have it done by the same guy every time. He said it may be more/less accurate because it DOES look like I've gone down in bf% (since I now have some noticable veins popping out in my forearms). He said that it could be he was able to grab more skin now that it's looser due to fat loss.

I also did the plastic electronic thing at the gym and it had me at 17.5% - hence why I said the results were inconclusive.

I will try to have pics up tomorrow. Sorry if it was too bright outside in the shots.

Mr. Dead
08-10-10, 11:07 am
Hello Rage and everyone.

I have some difficulties on how to combine my post-workout supplements. Here's what I'm gonna take post-wo: Animal Nitro, dextrose, creatine & whey protein.

Any ideas on how to combine them? I read in the Animal Owner's Manual that Nitro should be taken on an empty stomach... Also in the manual I read that if I want to have a protein shake i should take Nitro right after the workout and wait at least 30 minutes to take the shake...

Should I take the Nitro right after my workout and after 30 minutes all the others?

I'd go with the bolded one, for the best results...

Rage
08-10-10, 1:19 pm
Quick question. I'm about to order more Pak, and wanted to try another Universal product (not to kiss ass, but I've wasted a shit-ton of money on other companies over the years, and Universal/Animal are the only ones where I've noticed change).

Since I've been trying to cut as much fat as possible (without losing much muscle), I was wondering if Shock Therapy or Torrent Zero would help with my goals. Or I can approach it in a different way - would either PREVENT me from cutting?

Here's a recap for what I take now:

Animal Omega
Animal Pak (x2)
Animal Cuts (x2)
Animal Flex
Uni-liver (x6/meal)
Sterol Complex (X6/day)

I'm leaning more towards Shock, but wanted to hear your (or anyone's) thoughts.

Or should I try out Pump instead? Let me know what would help in my quest of cutting.

Yesterday started Week 8 of HRT cutting.

Last Week's Weight 169
This Week's Weight 166
Appetite fine.

Week 7 was fine. I missed Wednesday 60-minute cardio, but got every other day's.

I got my bf% checked and...it was inconclusive. Here's why: Even though I weight less (or about the same) as the start of the HRT cutting - and done the SAME cardio, with the only change in diet being the extra 4oz of chicken you recommended - the skin caliper measurements said I went up to 21%. I have it done by the same guy every time. He said it may be more/less accurate because it DOES look like I've gone down in bf% (since I now have some noticable veins popping out in my forearms). He said that it could be he was able to grab more skin now that it's looser due to fat loss.

I also did the plastic electronic thing at the gym and it had me at 17.5% - hence why I said the results were inconclusive.

I will try to have pics up tomorrow. Sorry if it was too bright outside in the shots.

If you can swing it, add in the Pump preworkout. I really like Torrent Zero. Great product for cutting and recovering. The rest of your supps look great.

I'd go with the bolded one, for the best results...

Hello Rage and everyone.

I like to give those EAA's a head start so take that Nitro as soon as you finish training. Then follow it up with the other supps about 30 minutes after.

njames
08-11-10, 10:30 am
Here are my photos as of Sunday. My angles suck, I know. Here's my front and back - relaxed - like you asked for, Rage.

Hope this works:

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx147/nkinsey/Progress%20pics/DSC00001.jpg

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx147/nkinsey/Progress%20pics/DSC00002.jpg

njames
08-17-10, 10:50 am
Yesterday started Week 9 of HRT cutting.

Last Week's Weight 166
This Week's Weight 167
Appetite fine.

Week 8 was good. I missed Wednesday 60-minute cardio, but got every other day's.

Like I said last week: I got my bf% checked and...it was inconclusive. Here's why: Even though I weight less (or about the same) as the start of the HRT cutting - and done the SAME cardio, with the only change in diet being the extra 4oz of chicken & (200g of carbs extra on Wednesday) you recommended - the skin caliper measurements said I went up to 21%. I have it done by the same guy every time. He said it may be more/less accurate because it DOES look like I've gone down in bf% (since I now have some noticable veins popping out in my forearms). He said that it could be he was able to grab more skin now that it's looser due to fat loss.

I just started Pump yesterday. Excited to see how that works out.

njames
08-18-10, 11:28 am
Anybody else notice that when they're on this...how do I put this delicately... you fart like nobody's business?

For real. I have to walk around the gym during the 2-5 minute rests so I don't - once again, trying to be subtle - crop dust the area I'm lifting.

Just me?

Mr. Dead
08-18-10, 11:31 am
Anybody else notice that when they're on this...how do I put this delicately... you fart like nobody's business?

For real. I have to walk around the gym during the 2-5 minute rests so I don't - once again, trying to be subtle - crop dust the area I'm lifting.

Just me?

I've never had that happen, except for when I'm on an extremely high protein diet... (A cutting diet, in my case...) And that's the only time... Interesting...

Mr. Dead
08-18-10, 3:11 pm
Here are my photos as of Sunday. My angles suck, I know. Here's my front and back - relaxed - like you asked for, Rage.

Hope this works:

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx147/nkinsey/Progress%20pics/DSC00001.jpg

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx147/nkinsey/Progress%20pics/DSC00002.jpg

Last Week's Weight 166
This Week's Weight 167
Appetite fine.

Week 8 was good. I missed Wednesday 60-minute cardio, but got every other day's.

Like I said last week: I got my bf% checked and...it was inconclusive. Here's why: Even though I weight less (or about the same) as the start of the HRT cutting - and done the SAME cardio, with the only change in diet being the extra 4oz of chicken & (200g of carbs extra on Wednesday) you recommended - the skin caliper measurements said I went up to 21%. I have it done by the same guy every time. He said it may be more/less accurate because it DOES look like I've gone down in bf% (since I now have some noticable veins popping out in my forearms). He said that it could be he was able to grab more skin now that it's looser due to fat loss.

*Courtesy Bump...*

Rage
08-18-10, 4:15 pm

Last Week's Weight 166
This Week's Weight 167
Appetite fine.

Add 15 minutes of cardio, so now I want you to do 45 minutes first thing a.m and 30 minutes in the evening. Judging by the pics, I would say the bf is pretty accurate. What are your carbs at?

njames
08-18-10, 5:09 pm
Add 15 minutes of cardio, so now I want you to do 45 minutes first thing a.m and 30 minutes in the evening. Judging by the pics, I would say the bf is pretty accurate. What are your carbs at?

The 21% or the 17.5% ?

My carbs are about 100g daily (50g grapenuts, 50g sweet potato - any others are from the veggies or protein in the Iron Contest 2 cutting diet).

Cardio every day but legs, yes?

Rage
08-20-10, 1:25 pm
The 21% or the 17.5% ?

My carbs are about 100g daily (50g grapenuts, 50g sweet potato - any others are from the veggies or protein in the Iron Contest 2 cutting diet).

Cardio every day but legs, yes?

I'd say around 17 or 18%. Yes on cardio. Cut your barbs back 25 grams to a total of 75.

BubbyLight
08-23-10, 5:06 pm
hey rage, whats happening. question for ya. i see you helping a lot of people with their diet. any change you help anyone with a keto diet or Dave Palumbo Diet?

njames
08-24-10, 9:54 am
Yesterday started Week 10 of HRT cutting.

New bf% - ~17.5%
Last Week's Weight 167
This Week's Weight 164
Appetite fine.

Week 9 was good. I bumped up to an hour and 15 minutes in cardio the day after getting that instruction - same with the 75g of carbs.

I missed Sunday's cardio - and had an additional cheat meal - because we had to drive from Indy to Chicago (and back) that day. Also, it was my wife's birthday - so I was nudged to do so.

I only did 150g extra carbs last Wednesday. Do you still want me to do extra carbs on Wednesday? If not, that's totally fine.

Rage
08-24-10, 7:09 pm
hey rage, whats happening. question for ya. i see you helping a lot of people with their diet. any change you help anyone with a keto diet or Dave Palumbo Diet?

Keto is not my specialty. Evan (Ox) is a pro at that one. HIt up his thread for help with keto. Good luck brother.

Yesterday started Week 10 of HRT cutting.

New bf% - ~17.5%
Last Week's Weight 167
This Week's Weight 164
Appetite fine.

Week 9 was good. I bumped up to an hour and 15 minutes in cardio the day after getting that instruction - same with the 75g of carbs.

I missed Sunday's cardio - and had an additional cheat meal - because we had to drive from Indy to Chicago (and back) that day. Also, it was my wife's birthday - so I was nudged to do so.

I only did 150g extra carbs last Wednesday. Do you still want me to do extra carbs on Wednesday? If not, that's totally fine.

Yes perfect. same schedule as last week.

tuxedo
08-27-10, 9:09 pm
greeting..

please i need help

ist save to use animal pump with animal stack?

if its oki can u plzz recommanded me how to use both of them?

Mr. Dead
08-28-10, 2:12 am
greeting..

please i need help

Pump: 30-45 min before working out... Preferably on an empty stomach... (On non training days, take between meals, or use some creatine monohydrate...)

Stak: The same as Pump... And, on non-training days, take between meals...

Mr. Dead
08-28-10, 2:16 am
Rage will be offline, for the next week, until after his show... For anyone wanting to know how he's doing, I will be doing a play-by-play, with updates and pics... It can be found here: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=33005

Mr. Dead
08-28-10, 2:23 am
greeting..

please i need help

Pump: 30-45 min before working out... Preferably on an empty stomach... (On non training days, take between meals, or use some creatine monohydrate...)

Stak: The same as Pump... And, on non-training days, take between meals...

By the way, it is safe to take both... Rage had me run this, through my prep...

njames
08-31-10, 11:02 am
Yesterday started Week 11 of HRT cutting.

New bf% - ~17.5%
Last Week's Weight 164
This Week's Weight 165
Appetite fine.

Week 10 was good. Am doing an hour and 15 minutes of cardio every day (except leg day). 75g of carbs (except Wednesday, where I added an extra 150g).

I missed Wednesday's cardio because I slept through my alarm. Was saying "f*ck" about 30 times as I ran into the bathroom to shower and get ready for work.

Last week, I increased the amount of weight for almost every exercise - anywhere from +5 lbs to +90 lbs (for leg related exercises). I'll be doing the same this week.

This Sunday and Monday might not be the usual, since I'm going to be traveling up to be with my family for a few days. I won't be doing much cardio (unless you count swimming), and my diet will probably be shot on Sunday, and parts of Monday (it's 5 hours one way). I'll hopefully be hitting up the local gym for Monday's workout, but we'll be playing it by ear.

Mr. Dead
08-31-10, 11:30 am
Yesterday started Week 11 of HRT cutting.

New bf% - ~17.5%
Last Week's Weight 164
This Week's Weight 165
Appetite fine.

Week 10 was good. Am doing an hour and 15 minutes of cardio every day (except leg day). 75g of carbs (except Wednesday, where I added an extra 150g).

I missed Wednesday's cardio because I slept through my alarm. Was saying "f*ck" about 30 times as I ran into the bathroom to shower and get ready for work.

Last week, I increased the amount of weight for almost every exercise - anywhere from +5 lbs to +90 lbs (for leg related exercises). I'll be doing the same this week.

This Sunday and Monday might not be the usual, since I'm going to be traveling up to be with my family for a few days. I won't be doing much cardio (unless you count swimming), and my diet will probably be shot on Sunday, and parts of Monday (it's 5 hours one way). I'll hopefully be hitting up the local gym for Monday's workout, but we'll be playing it by ear.
No extra carbs on Wednesday... Add 15 minutes of cardio, to the days that you'll be doing cardio...

ROCKIN-RANDALL
09-05-10, 7:02 pm
I will get together all my info..
For those of us that train alone can't we just increase
the weight for the 4 rep resistance???

Mr. Dead
09-05-10, 7:05 pm
I will get together all my info..
For those of us that train alone can't we just increase
the weight for the 4 rep resistance???

Ya might want to check out this thread:
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=32203

dannynb
09-06-10, 5:02 pm
Ok, since being back in school and only working part time I'm on a very tight budget. So Gonna see what you think I can cut from my supps to help the wallet. I focus mainly on food but these aid with my training. I am planning on competing again next season. Going to be following a simliar layout of a diet you had me on during HRT. And after I give myself a few weeks at being back in the gym I would like to get with you on a program and diet if you don't mind.

Pak
Flex
Omega
Nitro
PM
Real Gains
Whey
Torrent
BCAA Stack
Creatine Mono
Glutamine
Shock Therapy or Pump (I usually rotate these from month to month).

Show Prep

Pak
Flex
Omega
Nitro
PM
BCAA Stack
EAA Stack
Glutamine
Pump
Uni-Liver
Cuts

Trying to keep it simple but keep things as effective as possible. Wondering if you might see some things I could cut or possibly replace.

Mr. Dead
09-13-10, 2:09 pm
Just got word, that this thread is now back open, for business!!!

njames
09-14-10, 1:09 pm
Yesterday started Week 12 of HRT cutting.

New bf% - ~17.5%
Last Week's Weight 169
This Week's Weight 167
Appetite fine.

The last few weeks, I've stepped away from HRT and done some work at high weights, lower reps. I wasn't feeling the effects of HRT as much after week 11, so I wanted to shock my body a bit. It worked. My muscle groups would be (good) sore for 3-4 days after.

I didn't miss any cardio last week. I'm at 1 hour and 15 minutes each day (minus leg day).

I'm currently at 75g of carbs/day. I will carb spike 150g tomorrow (unless told otherwise).

njames
09-14-10, 1:11 pm
Congrats, Rage!!!!! I saw your pre-show photos. You are a friggin BEAST!!!! I bet you are happy to have a brief breather, now that the show's done.

Mr. Dead
09-15-10, 1:42 pm
Yesterday started Week 12 of HRT cutting.

New bf% - ~17.5%
Last Week's Weight 169
This Week's Weight 167
Appetite fine.

The last few weeks, I've stepped away from HRT and done some work at high weights, lower reps. I wasn't feeling the effects of HRT as much after week 11, so I wanted to shock my body a bit. It worked. My muscle groups would be (good) sore for 3-4 days after.

I didn't miss any cardio last week. I'm at 1 hour and 15 minutes each day (minus leg day).

I'm currently at 75g of carbs/day. I will carb spike 150g tomorrow (unless told otherwise).

No changes, and spike, today... Nice job on the 2 lb drop...

njames
09-15-10, 3:24 pm
No changes, and spike, today... Nice job on the 2 lb drop...

Thanks, man.

However, there's been a change of plans. I'm not spiking today,and will be running my Thursday workout schedule tonight. I'll be out of state the next day and a half, so my diet will be messed with for about 36 hours.

I also slept through cardio, and because of tomorrow's events (I'll go into detail later in a PM) don't have time tonight to make it up other than the 30 minutes after weights.

Rage
09-15-10, 11:59 pm
Thanks, man.

However, there's been a change of plans. I'm not spiking today,and will be running my Thursday workout schedule tonight. I'll be out of state the next day and a half, so my diet will be messed with for about 36 hours.

I also slept through cardio, and because of tomorrow's events (I'll go into detail later in a PM) don't have time tonight to make it up other than the 30 minutes after weights.

Look..we all get side tracked and life sometimes has it's way with us. It's time like this when you have to stay focused, make a few adjustments and get back on track.

Mr. Dead
09-24-10, 12:02 pm
For those that are interested... Rage's 2010 competition season has had a slight change... He will be competing in the 2010 NPC Border States on October 30, 2010...

PIJW
09-24-10, 12:08 pm
For those that are interested... Rage's 2010 competition season has had a slight change... He will be competing in the 2010 NPC Border States on October 30, 2010...

WOW 4 weeks away roughyl, Good Luck Rage

Mr. Dead
09-27-10, 11:29 am

And, for those that want to follow along... I'll be doing the play-by-play, posting up pics, vids, and updates... You can find it here:
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=33493

Carpe Diem P.T
10-03-10, 9:20 am
Hi Rage,

I have been on these boards quite some time and have just started getting in to what you do.

I have just spent a good few months taking some fat off, now im looking to maintain low body fat while gaining some solid muscle. Your HRT diet plan looks perfect for that.

Meals 2 and 4 are a bit out of my reach, any suggestions as to how i could replace them.

by the way im a measly 164 lb. heres my most recent pic - http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._5513204_n.jpg

Meal #1: 8 oz. top sirloin or 8 whole eggs, plus 1 cup of oatmeal
Meal #2: The only animal product i have at present is pump
Meal #3: 8 oz. chicken breast, 10 oz yam
Meal #4: as above -
Meal #5: 8 oz. chicken breast, 10 oz yam
Meal #6: Eat about 75 grams worth of protein and 75 grams of carbs. Keep the fat down and add a salad. You have flexibility with this meal.

this is the diet I was going to go on:

Meal #1: 8 egg whites, 1 cup of oats
Meal #2: 5 oz potato (red skin)
Meal #3: 10 oz chicken, 1 cup rice,
Meal #4: protein shake, 3/4 cup oats
Meal #5: Post Work Out Meal
Meal #6: 9 oz. top round, 3/4 cup rice,
Meal #7: 2 cans of tuna, steam fresh vegies, cesar dressing

what are your thoughts on the above diet?

Rage
10-05-10, 2:58 pm
Hi Rage,

I have been on these boards quite some time and have just started getting in to what you do.

I have just spent a good few months taking some fat off, now im looking to maintain low body fat while gaining some solid muscle. Your HRT diet plan looks perfect for that.

Meals 2 and 4 are a bit out of my reach, any suggestions as to how i could replace them.

by the way im a measly 164 lb. heres my most recent pic - http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._5513204_n.jpg

Meal #2: The only animal product i have at present is pump
Meal #4: as above -
Meal #6: Eat about 75 grams worth of protein and 75 grams of carbs. Keep the fat down and add a salad. You have flexibility with this meal.

this is the diet I was going to go on:

Meal #1: 8 egg whites, 1 cup of oats
Meal #2: 5 oz potato (red skin)
Meal #3: 10 oz chicken, 1 cup rice,
Meal #4: protein shake, 3/4 cup oats
Meal #5: Post Work Out Meal
Meal #6: 9 oz. top round, 3/4 cup rice,
Meal #7: 2 cans of tuna, steam fresh vegies, cesar dressing

what are your thoughts on the above diet?

Hey bro. Good job on the cut. Replace meals 2 and 5 with a chicken or fish protein and an 8 oz yam for both. Keep red meat in the mornings.

Aggression
10-05-10, 3:07 pm
Big RAGE! Steppin' on stage again, eh? Kill it bro!

Carpe Diem P.T
10-05-10, 10:29 pm
Hey bro. Good job on the cut. Replace meals 2 and 5 with a chicken or fish protein and an 8 oz yam for both. Keep red meat in the mornings.

Hey mate I got a bit lost. Were you suggesting changes to diet 1 or diet 2 that I mentioned?

Rage
10-06-10, 1:59 pm
Hey mate I got a bit lost. Were you suggesting changes to diet 1 or diet 2 that I mentioned?

Diet 1

Mr. Dead
10-08-10, 11:18 am
And, for those that want to follow along... I'll be doing the play-by-play, posting up pics, vids, and updates... You can find it here:

Pics and updates have been posted...

Mr. Dead
10-13-10, 1:17 pm
http://forum.animalpak.com/showpost.php?p=1029697&postcount=28

dannynb
10-13-10, 1:22 pm
Awesome....

100jan
10-21-10, 10:19 am
Rage bro, I was thinking of taking an anti-flu vaccine, just to make sure that I will not bother with that this winter. What do you think? Should I take it, or leave my body to fight with potential flu? Thanks bro, cheers!

Rage
10-25-10, 6:44 pm
Rage bro, I was thinking of taking an anti-flu vaccine, just to make sure that I will not bother with that this winter. What do you think? Should I take it, or leave my body to fight with potential flu? Thanks bro, cheers!

Hey bro..thats up to you. I know here in the states where I live, I can give you my personal experience....When I was in the military it was mandatory to get the flu shot and I always caught the flu. Since I've been out of the military almost 20 years ago, I've got the flu maybe twice....just sayin.

njames
10-25-10, 9:41 pm
Hey, Guys!

Sorry it's been over a month since I've been on here. A LOT has happened. About a month ago (when I last posted), I got offered a new job. Four weeks ago, I was in Santa Monica for a week for training. The next two weeks I was in Austin, Texas for training. One week home, and now back in Austin for this week.

Living in a hotel room, you can imagine my 40 oz of chicken and 8 oz of beef hasn't happened. Also, I have no fridge.

However, what I HAVE done is 4-5 fresh packs of Albacore tuna (168g of protein in 4, 210 in 5 packs), one Detour bar (30g of protein), and a protein shake (48g of protein) every day. So that's 246-288g of protein every day. For the 75g of carbs, I've done two servings of Go Lean Crunch. I'm also doing over a gallon of water.

How is that for the protein? I wasn't sure how many grams of protein are in 40oz of chicken and 8oz of beef. Let me know.

Alos, I've actually been able to hit the gym 5 days a week. I finished the 12 weeks of SST (f*ckin loved it), and since have been lifting heavy. The exercises are similar, but usually 3 sets of everything. Before I strained my left shoulder a bit (I took the last 3 days off completely, but started back up lifting today) I got my DB flat bench up to 95lbs for 8 reps - 40lb DBs for curls, and 200lb on V-bar tricep pulldown.

Cardio is now back up to where it was before. I'm doing about 7.5 hours of cardio a week (sometimes on leg day if I have to). The first few weeks of job training, it got off track due to getting into the new groove. But the last few weeks it's been back to usual.

I'll do carbo loads 1-2/week, but that's really all I need to fuel my body to lift heavy.

To sum up, I've been living these past few weeks with the motto "What Would Rage Do?" Let me know what your thoughts are. Hopefully I've made you (Rage) and Mr. Dead proud.

njames
10-25-10, 9:45 pm
I forgot to mention that this new job will have me moving to Long Beach, CA. I move Thanksgiving weekend. Being out there, I want to be more in tune with Animal groups.

dannynb
10-26-10, 12:50 am
If you're in Austin, hit me up, live just down the road in San Marcos.

Mr. Dead
10-27-10, 6:47 pm
To sum up, I've been living these past few weeks with the motto "What Would Rage Do?" Let me know what your thoughts are. Hopefully I've made you (Rage) and Mr. Dead proud.

I'm always proud of anyone who gets right back into the mix... Nice job!!!

Crims
11-02-10, 10:51 am
Rage, as requested, here's my Tues. check in after starting the IC II training/diet last tuesday.
Beginning weight 190lbs, -4lbs for the week. 150carbs, Have not deviated from the diet at all the first week. No carb spike on Wednesday, and did not have a cheat meal Saturday. Appetitite.. 9. 45mins cardio.

-Crim

Rage
11-03-10, 7:57 pm
Hey, Guys!

Sorry it's been over a month since I've been on here. A LOT has happened. About a month ago (when I last posted), I got offered a new job. Four weeks ago, I was in Santa Monica for a week for training. The next two weeks I was in Austin, Texas for training. One week home, and now back in Austin for this week.

Living in a hotel room, you can imagine my 40 oz of chicken and 8 oz of beef hasn't happened. Also, I have no fridge.

However, what I HAVE done is 4-5 fresh packs of Albacore tuna (168g of protein in 4, 210 in 5 packs), one Detour bar (30g of protein), and a protein shake (48g of protein) every day. So that's 246-288g of protein every day. For the 75g of carbs, I've done two servings of Go Lean Crunch. I'm also doing over a gallon of water.

How is that for the protein? I wasn't sure how many grams of protein are in 40oz of chicken and 8oz of beef. Let me know.

Alos, I've actually been able to hit the gym 5 days a week. I finished the 12 weeks of SST (f*ckin loved it), and since have been lifting heavy. The exercises are similar, but usually 3 sets of everything. Before I strained my left shoulder a bit (I took the last 3 days off completely, but started back up lifting today) I got my DB flat bench up to 95lbs for 8 reps - 40lb DBs for curls, and 200lb on V-bar tricep pulldown.

Cardio is now back up to where it was before. I'm doing about 7.5 hours of cardio a week (sometimes on leg day if I have to). The first few weeks of job training, it got off track due to getting into the new groove. But the last few weeks it's been back to usual.

I'll do carbo loads 1-2/week, but that's really all I need to fuel my body to lift heavy.

I forgot to mention that this new job will have me moving to Long Beach, CA. I move Thanksgiving weekend. Being out there, I want to be more in tune with Animal groups.

Your moving to SoCal? Nice. Will be good to have you out here for some ABC's. Learn to travel with a George Foreman grill. Most hotels at least have a microwave in the lobby or something to warm oatmeal and yams, etc. I also always travel with a spoon, fork, knife, plate and some tupperware, season, etc. You have to make it a lifestyle. Make the adjustments, get settled in and don't be too hard on yourself until you get settled and can focus on a routine. Talk soon.

Rage, as requested, here's my Tues. check in after starting the IC II training/diet last tuesday.
Beginning weight 190lbs, -4lbs for the week. 150carbs, Have not deviated from the diet at all the first week. No carb spike on Wednesday, and did not have a cheat meal Saturday. Appetitite.. 9. 45mins cardio.

-Crim

Replace your last meal with a cheat meal this Saturday or Sunday. One or the other. Refresh my memory, are you dieting for a show?

Crims
11-03-10, 10:10 pm
Replace your last meal with a cheat meal this Saturday or Sunday. One or the other. Refresh my memory, are you dieting for a show?

Thank you. I'm not dieting for a show this time around, I figure I need another solid bulk before I'm ready. I finished my last bulk at 205lb, and the goal is to be cut and primed to start bulking in the IC IV in January.

Mr. Dead
11-07-10, 3:20 pm

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?33493-2010-NPC-Border-States-Classic-October-30th...&p=1038165#post1038165

auburn_1984
11-19-10, 4:53 pm
I was wondering if you could give us a sample diet of your cutting cycle. I saw your sample bulking diet on the article eating for HRT where protein was 1.5-2 grams of lean body mass and carbs was 2 grams per lean body mass. YOu gave this for a sample:
HRT Eating For Dummies

Meal #2: 3 scoops Real Gains combined with 1 scoop Ultra Iso Whey plus 5 grams of creatine and 5 grams of glutamine

Meal #4: 3 scoops Real Gains combined with 1 scoop Ultra Iso Whey plus 5 grams of creatine and 5 grams of glutamine

My question is what do you do when you are cutting (nutrition and training wise)?

Rage
11-19-10, 6:27 pm
I was wondering if you could give us a sample diet of your cutting cycle. I saw your sample bulking diet on the article eating for HRT where protein was 1.5-2 grams of lean body mass and carbs was 2 grams per lean body mass. YOu gave this for a sample:
HRT Eating For Dummies

Meal #2: 3 scoops Real Gains combined with 1 scoop Ultra Iso Whey plus 5 grams of creatine and 5 grams of glutamine

Meal #4: 3 scoops Real Gains combined with 1 scoop Ultra Iso Whey plus 5 grams of creatine and 5 grams of glutamine

My question is what do you do when you are cutting (nutrition and training wise)?

There are a lot of variables that go into structuring a diet for a cut. I would need to see what you look like to give you a fair assessment. However, What I would suggest in the beginning is to keep the protein the same throughout the day (about maybe 300 grams or so to start) and eat 50 grams of carbs for your first three meals and only green veggies for the remaining meals.

auburn_1984
11-20-10, 2:33 pm
I am more of a Endomorph body type. I am thinking about cutting 10-15lbs (the right way) and then run a 12 week cycle of HRT. I say the right way because i was resently TDY/deployed and lost over 60lbs in 3 months and most of it seemed like it was muscle because i got really weak. I could PM you a picture if you would like.

auburn_1984
11-20-10, 2:54 pm
I am more of the endomorph body type. I am planning on cutting down (the right way) then running 12 weeks of HRT cycle. I say the right way because i was previously TDY/deployed and lost over 60lbs in 3 months and it felt like mostly muscle because i get really weak. I went from 250 to 175 lbs. I can pm a picture if need be.

andrewz23
11-20-10, 9:13 pm
How you doin Rage? first off i appreciate the medium that animal provides to talk to you guys, i think its cool that we can just come and ask you guys questions and yall arnt assholes about answering some of the redundant questions that are asked, so thanks. Im 21, 6'0 and 230, about 18% BF and ive been liftin since i was in 7th grade and about 2 years ago wanted to start bodybuilding and being that bodybuilding is about size and symmetry, what would be the best way to help bring up one side. I know the human body isnt symmetirical but i know it also bothers me that my right side of my chest seems smaller at the top than the left. do you know of anything i can do to help balance this or should i just keep liftin like normal and it will eventually even out its self

auburn_1984
11-22-10, 12:54 am
I am going to give the pre contest diet #3 a go. Basics are o start with 1.5g protein and 1 g carb per pound body weight. If hungry increase potein until 600 g protein (I think that is alot for a 190lb cut diet but will give it a shot). If still hungry increase carbs in 50g increments with the highest carb intake being 6 weeks out. After 6 weeks start dropping 50 g carbs every few days until total of 50 g carbs daily. Protein sources are chicken, tuna, salmon, top sirloin and post workout shake with carbs being yams and oatmeal. Can I also have cottage cheese before bed for casein protein during cut? I am 190lbs so taht equals 285 g protein and 190 g carbs as a baseline.

I am confued becasue i read Big Ant contest time article and he included riceand potatoe (baked) in his meals. I was wondering why brown rice would be bad when you are eatting oatmeal during a cut.

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=diet&ID=381

Rage
11-22-10, 7:59 pm
I am more of a Endomorph body type. I am thinking about cutting 10-15lbs (the right way) and then run a 12 week cycle of HRT. I say the right way because i was resently TDY/deployed and lost over 60lbs in 3 months and most of it seemed like it was muscle because i got really weak. I could PM you a picture if you would like.

I am more of the endomorph body type. I am planning on cutting down (the right way) then running 12 weeks of HRT cycle. I say the right way because i was previously TDY/deployed and lost over 60lbs in 3 months and it felt like mostly muscle because i get really weak. I went from 250 to 175 lbs. I can pm a picture if need be.

How you doin Rage? first off i appreciate the medium that animal provides to talk to you guys, i think its cool that we can just come and ask you guys questions and yall arnt assholes about answering some of the redundant questions that are asked, so thanks. Im 21, 6'0 and 230, about 18% BF and ive been liftin since i was in 7th grade and about 2 years ago wanted to start bodybuilding and being that bodybuilding is about size and symmetry, what would be the best way to help bring up one side. I know the human body isnt symmetirical but i know it also bothers me that my right side of my chest seems smaller at the top than the left. do you know of anything i can do to help balance this or should i just keep liftin like normal and it will eventually even out its self

Send me a picture of a front and back double so I can see what you look like. There are in fact, ways to bring up one side of your physique, but it rarely needs to be done. ragingmuscle@gmail.com or pm me here with a photobucket link.

I am going to give the pre contest diet #3 a go. Basics are o start with 1.5g protein and 1 g carb per pound body weight. If hungry increase potein until 600 g protein (I think that is alot for a 190lb cut diet but will give it a shot). If still hungry increase carbs in 50g increments with the highest carb intake being 6 weeks out. After 6 weeks start dropping 50 g carbs every few days until total of 50 g carbs daily. Protein sources are chicken, tuna, salmon, top sirloin and post workout shake with carbs being yams and oatmeal. Can I also have cottage cheese before bed for casein protein during cut? I am 190lbs so taht equals 285 g protein and 190 g carbs as a baseline.

I am confued becasue i read Big Ant contest time article and he included riceand potatoe (baked) in his meals. I was wondering why brown rice would be bad when you are eatting oatmeal during a cut.

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=diet&ID=381

Lets tailor this a bit more to you specifically before you going doing that. Keep it very simple. Start with 300 grams of protein split between 6 meals throughout the day. Have 50 grams of carbs for your first three meals only and green vegetables with your protein after that. Drink 1 gallon of water per day. Update me every Tuesday with your progress and lets make adjustments from there.

auburn_1984
11-22-10, 11:32 pm
I will email you a picture once i take some.

'Lets tailor this a bit more to you specifically before you going doing that. Keep it very simple. Start with 300 grams of protein split between 6 meals throughout the day. Have 50 grams of carbs for your first three meals only and green vegetables with your protein after that. Drink 1 gallon of water per day. Update me every Tuesday with your progress and lets make adjustments from there."

I will start that meal plan starting tomorrow. I will also go to the HAWC at my base gym and get my body fat measured. They have trained staff on doing the skin fold body fat measurement.For today i took in a total of 301 g protein and 192 grams of protein. Today consisted of canned tuna, baked turkey, egg whites, and chicken for protein. The carb sources was baked sweet potato, oatmeal, whole wheat elbow noodles, and small baked potatoe. I will shoot for 300 grams protein and 150 grams carbs for the first threee meals. That will be one before i lift and one after i lift.

Is it ok if I eat cottage cheese mixed with a little bit of yogurt for flavor right before bed for casein protein duringa cut?

auburn_1984
11-25-10, 11:15 am
I emailed you a picture of me of front and back. I am also taking in only 3 meals of 50 g carbs which is usually a cup of oats, sweet potatoe or one serving whole wheat pasta. Protein is minimum 300g of egg whites, chicken breast, turkey, or canned tuna or canned salmon. Two 5 oz cans of tuna is about 40 g protein I figured that out last night.

Mr. Dead
12-01-10, 2:57 pm
It's kind of quiet, in here... I may have to stir stuff up... *LOL*

RaLVeK
12-02-10, 1:30 am
a few questions on cutting...
if i do cardio right before bed, do i really just stay starving for the entirety of the night, or what can i munch on for a little relief...

and since im tryin to cut down, my pre workout and postworkout have carbs should i take those into account or are they rather irrelavent...

and lastly, ive been having the hardest time staying asleep...i'll knock out for about four hours and then just wake up...and i've tried chamomille tea to keep me relaxed but nothing seems to work...any suggestions??????

freighttraindane
12-02-10, 8:51 am
The diet and weight loss are going well. I understand that all of this can/will change when the Iron Contest IV starts but I wanted know what you think of the plan I am currently going with, here is what I have been doing:

meal 1: Oatmeal and a protein shake
meal 2: Chicken breast and brown rice
meal 3: Salad with low fat dressing
meal 4: Protein shake and natty pb
meal 5: Chicken or beef, brown rice, and broccoli or corn or asparagus

Current Supplements:
Animal Pak
Omega 3 Fish Oil
Vitamin C tablets
Whey Protein
Univeral EAA stack

I really value your opinions so please feel free to tell me what you think. What gaps do you see in this set up?

Rage
12-03-10, 2:03 pm
I will email you a picture once i take some.

'Lets tailor this a bit more to you specifically before you going doing that. Keep it very simple. Start with 300 grams of protein split between 6 meals throughout the day. Have 50 grams of carbs for your first three meals only and green vegetables with your protein after that. Drink 1 gallon of water per day. Update me every Tuesday with your progress and lets make adjustments from there."

I will start that meal plan starting tomorrow. I will also go to the HAWC at my base gym and get my body fat measured. They have trained staff on doing the skin fold body fat measurement.For today i took in a total of 301 g protein and 192 grams of protein. Today consisted of canned tuna, baked turkey, egg whites, and chicken for protein. The carb sources was baked sweet potato, oatmeal, whole wheat elbow noodles, and small baked potatoe. I will shoot for 300 grams protein and 150 grams carbs for the first threee meals. That will be one before i lift and one after i lift.

Is it ok if I eat cottage cheese mixed with a little bit of yogurt for flavor right before bed for casein protein duringa cut?

I don't recommend any dairy products as part of your regular diet when on a cut. Save that for a cheat meal maybe.

I emailed you a picture of me of front and back. I am also taking in only 3 meals of 50 g carbs which is usually a cup of oats, sweet potatoe or one serving whole wheat pasta. Protein is minimum 300g of egg whites, chicken breast, turkey, or canned tuna or canned salmon. Two 5 oz cans of tuna is about 40 g protein I figured that out last night.

Cool.

It's kind of quiet, in here... I may have to stir stuff up... *LOL*

Hey you cause enough trouble..

a few questions on cutting...
if i do cardio right before bed, do i really just stay starving for the entirety of the night, or what can i munch on for a little relief...

[As long as your getting at least 300 grams of protein spread out throughout the day, your muscle stays pretty well protected. You could have some BCAA Stak or EAA Stack slushy before bed if you wanted a little relief.]

and since im tryin to cut down, my pre workout and postworkout have carbs should i take those into account or are they rather irrelavent...

[They are definitely relevant..take them into consideration for sure]

and lastly, ive been having the hardest time staying asleep...i'll knock out for about four hours and then just wake up...and i've tried chamomille tea to keep me relaxed but nothing seems to work...any suggestions??????

[Try Animal PM. Or maybe hit the doc up for a scrip]

Se my answers in your quote

The diet and weight loss are going well. I understand that all of this can/will change when the Iron Contest IV starts but I wanted know what you think of the plan I am currently going with, here is what I have been doing:

meal 1: Oatmeal and a protein shake
meal 2: Chicken breast and brown rice
meal 3: Salad with low fat dressing
meal 4: Protein shake and natty pb
meal 5: Chicken or beef, brown rice, and broccoli or corn or asparagus

Current Supplements:
Animal Pak
Omega 3 Fish Oil
Vitamin C tablets
Whey Protein
Univeral EAA stack

I really value your opinions so please feel free to tell me what you think. What gaps do you see in this set up?

Here's a couple suggestions brother. I like to keep beef in the a.m. and for cutting, I like to keep the carbs out of the last meal of the day.

meal 1: Oatmeal [1 cup] and a protein shake [or 8 oz top sirloin]
meal 2: Chicken breast [8 oz] and brown rice [1/3 cup]
meal 3: [8 oz chicken and 8 oz yam] Salad with low fat dressing
meal 4: Protein shake or [8 oz chicken and 8 oz yam] and natty pb [no pb]
meal 5: Chicken or beef [no beef in the p.m.], brown rice [1/3 cup], and broccoli or corn [no corn..only greens] or asparagus

freighttraindane
12-03-10, 3:46 pm
I don't recommend any dairy products as part of your regular diet when on a cut. Save that for a cheat meal maybe.

Cool.

Hey you cause enough trouble..

Se my answers in your quote

Here's a couple suggestions brother. I like to keep beef in the a.m. and for cutting, I like to keep the carbs out of the last meal of the day.

meal 1: Oatmeal [1 cup] and a protein shake [or 8 oz top sirloin]
meal 2: Chicken breast [8 oz] and brown rice [1/3 cup]
meal 3: [8 oz chicken and 8 oz yam] Salad with low fat dressing
meal 4: Protein shake or [8 oz chicken and 8 oz yam] and natty pb [no pb]
meal 5: Chicken or beef [no beef in the p.m.], brown rice [1/3 cup], and broccoli or corn [no corn..only greens] or asparagus

Awesome thanks for the help as usual Rage!

Mr. Dead
12-07-10, 6:10 pm
Is a diet high in egg nog, anabolic...??? And, can it be used for cutting...???

Rage
12-07-10, 8:12 pm
Is a diet high in egg nog, anabolic...??? And, can it be used for cutting...???

surprisingly yes! You'll put at least an inch on your wrists and knees..

Mr. Dead
12-08-10, 11:36 am
surprisingly yes! You'll put at least an inch on your wrists and knees..

Which means bigger lower quads and forearms, right...??? *LOL*

Mr. Dead
01-07-11, 10:11 pm
If anyone's curious, about what Rage thinks of Ultra Whey Pro, you can check this out...
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130656103

njames
01-10-11, 12:38 am
How's it going, guys? It's been awhile. Finally settled into Long Beach, still getting used to my new job and schedule. I finished up my HRT in late November, and have since just been going heavy weights - about 6 days of weights and no cardio. I figured it would be a way to cleanse the palate, since I went from your cutting workout to HRT with no break.

This week has been abs, since my right elbow area has been pretty sore. I've had pain in the outer area for about a month, so I wanted to give it a break. I'm not sure what that's about, but am worried about the tendons maybe being inflamed. Ibuprofin hasn't quite fixed it yet. But tomorrow I'm getting back into it.

The start of February I will be trying to do a workout to cut again. My question is, should I do the cutting workout or the HRT? With the Iron Contest 2 cutting workout, I dropped bodyfat fast, but it also made me lose a bit of muscle (22 pounds of fat, 7 pounds of muscle). With HRT, I didn't lose as much fat, but gained muscle.

That said, the reason I am still on the fence with which I should go with is because when I went to HRT, you added protein to my daily intake. So I'm wondering if - with higher protein - I'll be able to maintain most of my muscle. Thoughts?

Also, I'll post up here next the supps and daily food I'm doing so I can be prepared ahead of time and am able to jump right into the workout.

njames
01-10-11, 12:51 am
40 oz of chicken, 8 oz of beef, and a 50g protein isolate shake - broken out to either 5 or 6 meals a day, eating every 2-3 hours.

Carbs: 75g/day - from a combo of Grapenuts, Go Lean Crunch, and brown rice (I'm taking a time-out from yams since they were starting to upset my stomach). On Wednesday, 150g of extra carbs. All carbs consumed before 4pm.

Veggies with the last two meals - either cucumbers or brocolli.

Cardio will be an hour and 15 minutes a day - usually 45 minutes first thing in the morning and 30 minutes after lifting. Or on off days, I either do it all at once or still split it up. No cardio on Quad/Ham day.

njames
01-10-11, 12:56 am
Daily supps:
Natural Sterol Complex (6/day)
Uni-Liver (6/meal)
Animal Pak (2/day)
Glutamine (2 scoops/day)
Animal Flex (1/day)
Animal Omega (1/day)
Taurine (might help my elbow)

(On workout days, pre-workout) Shock Therapy
(On the 3 off days) Creatine powder

njames
01-10-11, 1:15 am
I looked back at my training book, and actually I started lifting heavy in October. Here is some of my growth (6-8 reps per set):

Chest:
Flat DB Bench: from 75lbs to 100lbs

Back:
T-Bar Row: from 145 lbs to 225
Deadlift: 225lbs to 315

Shoulder:
Trap Lift: 85lbs to 105

Legs:
Leg Ext: 110lbs to 220
Leg Press: 360lbs to 900
Hack Squat: 225lbs to 450
Calf Ext: 590lbs to 900

As you can see, my legs benefitted the most from lifting heavy

Rage
01-11-11, 5:38 pm
If anyone's curious, about what Rage thinks of Ultra Whey Pro, you can check this out...
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130656103

Thanks bro.

How's it going, guys? It's been awhile. Finally settled into Long Beach, still getting used to my new job and schedule. I finished up my HRT in late November, and have since just been going heavy weights - about 6 days of weights and no cardio. I figured it would be a way to cleanse the palate, since I went from your cutting workout to HRT with no break.

This week has been abs, since my right elbow area has been pretty sore. I've had pain in the outer area for about a month, so I wanted to give it a break. I'm not sure what that's about, but am worried about the tendons maybe being inflamed. Ibuprofin hasn't quite fixed it yet. But tomorrow I'm getting back into it.

The start of February I will be trying to do a workout to cut again. My question is, should I do the cutting workout or the HRT? With the Iron Contest 2 cutting workout, I dropped bodyfat fast, but it also made me lose a bit of muscle (22 pounds of fat, 7 pounds of muscle). With HRT, I didn't lose as much fat, but gained muscle.

That said, the reason I am still on the fence with which I should go with is because when I went to HRT, you added protein to my daily intake. So I'm wondering if - with higher protein - I'll be able to maintain most of my muscle. Thoughts?

Also, I'll post up here next the supps and daily food I'm doing so I can be prepared ahead of time and am able to jump right into the workout.

You can still do HRT on a cut right up to about the last 6 to 8 weeks typically. After that, you should typically just do more sets, super sets, reps and shorter rest time in between sets to maximize conditioning.

40 oz of chicken, 8 oz of beef, and a 50g protein isolate shake - broken out to either 5 or 6 meals a day, eating every 2-3 hours.

Carbs: 75g/day - from a combo of Grapenuts, Go Lean Crunch, and brown rice (I'm taking a time-out from yams since they were starting to upset my stomach). On Wednesday, 150g of extra carbs. All carbs consumed before 4pm.

Veggies with the last two meals - either cucumbers or brocolli.

Cardio will be an hour and 15 minutes a day - usually 45 minutes first thing in the morning and 30 minutes after lifting. Or on off days, I either do it all at once or still split it up. No cardio on Quad/Ham day.

Daily supps:
Natural Sterol Complex (6/day)
Uni-Liver (6/meal)
Animal Pak (2/day)
Glutamine (2 scoops/day)
Animal Flex (1/day)
Animal Omega (1/day)
Taurine (might help my elbow)

(On workout days, pre-workout) Shock Therapy
(On the 3 off days) Creatine powder

This is a pretty good rotation and should yield some good results. Definitely not show conditioning but you'll drop some fat. Solid supps list too.

I looked back at my training book, and actually I started lifting heavy in October. Here is some of my growth (6-8 reps per set):

Chest:
Flat DB Bench: from 75lbs to 100lbs

Back:
T-Bar Row: from 145 lbs to 225
Deadlift: 225lbs to 315

Shoulder:
Trap Lift: 85lbs to 105

Legs:
Leg Ext: 110lbs to 220
Leg Press: 360lbs to 900
Hack Squat: 225lbs to 450
Calf Ext: 590lbs to 900

As you can see, my legs benefitted the most from lifting heavy

Nice.

njames
01-12-11, 3:31 pm
Here's what I want to do starting Feb or the last week of January (depending on if I have everything set). I am around 14/15% bf right now, and want to get below 10% by June or sometime not that long after (without losing too much muscle). My ultimate goal is 8-9%, then maintain that bf while building muscle.

So how do I change that diet to get to that goal? Do you still recommend HRT for this?

Also, I forgot to list Animal Cuts. I'm not taking it now, but will once this cutting program starts. Since it's 2x/day - one first in the morning - when do I take the other? Do I stack it with Shock Therapy 30 minutes before a workout, or take it at a later time?

njames
01-17-11, 1:39 am
Since I want to get started on this program no later than first of February, I want to make sure I have the program set and ready to roll. I'll start to do the weekly check-ins again for any adjusting needing to be done. So let's try it this way for when it's "go time":

I have 20 weeks of training for a (hypothetical) contest to get from about 15% bf to 8 or 9% (or maybe lower). Now that you know my typical diet (and supps), what do I have to do (food and cardio/weights) to get to that goal - retaining as much muscle possible - by my deadline?

You and this forum have helped me get from 30% bf to 15%, so I want to keep this up to reach my goal.

Rage
01-17-11, 6:56 pm
Here's what I want to do starting Feb or the last week of January (depending on if I have everything set). I am around 14/15% bf right now, and want to get below 10% by June or sometime not that long after (without losing too much muscle). My ultimate goal is 8-9%, then maintain that bf while building muscle.

So how do I change that diet to get to that goal? Do you still recommend HRT for this?

Also, I forgot to list Animal Cuts. I'm not taking it now, but will once this cutting program starts. Since it's 2x/day - one first in the morning - when do I take the other? Do I stack it with Shock Therapy 30 minutes before a workout, or take it at a later time?

Since I want to get started on this program no later than first of February, I want to make sure I have the program set and ready to roll. I'll start to do the weekly check-ins again for any adjusting needing to be done. So let's try it this way for when it's "go time":

I have 20 weeks of training for a (hypothetical) contest to get from about 15% bf to 8 or 9% (or maybe lower). Now that you know my typical diet (and supps), what do I have to do (food and cardio/weights) to get to that goal - retaining as much muscle possible - by my deadline?

You and this forum have helped me get from 30% bf to 15%, so I want to keep this up to reach my goal.

For me to handle your diet, you will need to do my training routine and diet which I will adjust week to week. Is this what you want to do? Basically, if I ask you to eat shit and snack on snails...thats what your going to need to do. You'll need only 1 Animal Cuts Packet a day on my plan. HRT is fine to run for this particular type of cut (non-contest).

dannynb
01-17-11, 7:01 pm
For me to handle your diet, you will need to do my training routine and diet which I will adjust week to week. Is this what you want to do? Basically, if I ask you to eat shit and snack on snails...thats what your going to need to do. You'll need only 1 Animal Cuts Packet a day on my plan. HRT is fine to run for this particular type of cut (non-contest).

Trust me the man knows his stuff. As for his plan, it works and it's not hard to get used to. He has me looking better than I ever have this far out from a show. So when the man says eat this or lift that....don't hesitate, just do it.

Mr. Dead
01-17-11, 7:06 pm

Trust me the man knows his stuff. As for his plan, it works and it's not hard to get used to. He has me looking better than I ever have this far out from a show. So when the man says eat this or lift that....don't hesitate, just do it.

'Nuff said... Don't try to second guess, don't think you know better, for yourself, just do what he says... You will reap great rewards...

Mr. Dead
01-17-11, 7:36 pm
'Nuff said... Don't try to second guess, don't think you know better, for yourself, just do what he says... You will reap great rewards...

Oh... And, if you make excuses, you just piss him off... Just sayin'... *LOL*

ZombiePower
01-17-11, 9:18 pm
in a situation im 16 years old 30% bf, 250lbs, benching 160 i really wanna just wanna lose the weight and gain muscle at the same time but its a little bit difficult i only have 1 20 lb dummbell and two 35lb dummbells but i can barely lift the 35s
i had a gym membership but my dad had to cancel them it was to far and he couldnt pay anymore we arent very wealthy i cant run around my neighborhood cause theres to many punks and annoyances so I run around my house i need help thanks.

njames
01-18-11, 12:54 am

Sorry, bro. I thought I was being clear. Yes, that's exactly what I wanted. The weekly check-ins and everything.

Like I said - you helped me get from 30% bf to 14/15% with those weekly check-ins and adjustments. My current meal plan is from what you told me to do. First I did Iron Contest 2, then HRT. Animal is the shit. I am a testament to the fact that you guys are the real deal. I'm ready to follow your lead. So look at my info from last week, and tell me what I need to do to get to my goal.

Sorry for the confusion. And thanks.

njames
01-18-11, 12:57 am

Preaching to the choir, my man. He has helped me loads. If the dude told me that running into a burning building would cut bodyfat, then in I go!

Rage
01-18-11, 8:01 pm

You have the drive brother...incredible discipline...proud of you big guy.

Oh... And, if you make excuses, you just piss him off... Just sayin'... *LOL*

You make me out to be such a rage...

in a situation im 16 years old 30% bf, 250lbs, benching 160 i really wanna just wanna lose the weight and gain muscle at the same time but its a little bit difficult i only have 1 20 lb dummbell and two 35lb dummbells but i can barely lift the 35s
i had a gym membership but my dad had to cancel them it was to far and he couldnt pay anymore we arent very wealthy i cant run around my neighborhood cause theres to many punks and annoyances so I run around my house i need help thanks.

PM me.

Sorry, bro. I thought I was being clear. Yes, that's exactly what I wanted. The weekly check-ins and everything.

Like I said - you helped me get from 30% bf to 14/15% with those weekly check-ins and adjustments. My current meal plan is from what you told me to do. First I did Iron Contest 2, then HRT. Animal is the shit. I am a testament to the fact that you guys are the real deal. I'm ready to follow your lead. So look at my info from last week, and tell me what I need to do to get to my goal.

Sorry for the confusion. And thanks.

Preaching to the choir, my man. He has helped me loads. If the dude told me that running into a burning building would cut bodyfat, then in I go!

Ok, you wanted to start by next month..so take a look at Iron Contest II diet and routine for Cutters. Begin with that. It's about 300 grams of protein and 150 grams of carbs to start. Check in here February 1st with your starting bodyweight and then every Tuesday thereafter. PM me a front and back relaxed pic so I can se where you are now and I have something to compare to. Look forward to working with you.

Mr. Dead
01-18-11, 9:28 pm
You make me out to be such a rage...

*LOL* Is that why I have Darth Vader saying "What is thy bidding, my Master?" as your ring tone...??? Seriously, though... All out of respect...

dannynb
01-18-11, 9:52 pm
You have the drive brother...incredible discipline...proud of you big guy.

Thanks boss. I want this more than anything....and I put my trust in you and you haven't let me down. Least I can do is bust my ass and do what you tell me.

Firefist
01-19-11, 3:29 pm
big man, was an honor to train and shoot the shit with you last year at the arnold. any chance of gettin in a session this year?

njames
01-24-11, 2:17 pm
Ok, you wanted to start by next month..so take a look at Iron Contest II diet and routine for Cutters. Begin with that. It's about 300 grams of protein and 150 grams of carbs to start. Check in here February 1st with your starting bodyweight and then every Tuesday thereafter. PM me a front and back relaxed pic so I can se where you are now and I have something to compare to. Look forward to working with you.

Cool. Few questions:

1. That one pack of Animal Cuts you are talking about - is that first thing in the morning, or 30 minutes pre-workout with my Shock Therapy?

2. Am I still taking creatine on off-days (in Shock Therapy it's already in it)? Or do I not take it for cutting?

3. Am I throwing in abs at all?

Rage
01-24-11, 7:35 pm
big man, was an honor to train and shoot the shit with you last year at the arnold. any chance of gettin in a session this year?

Hey I'm game. Lets do it! We had a good time last year tearing shit up out there.

Rage
01-24-11, 7:39 pm
Cool. Few questions:

1. That one pack of Animal Cuts you are talking about - is that first thing in the morning, or 30 minutes pre-workout with my Shock Therapy?

2. Am I still taking creatine on off-days (in Shock Therapy it's already in it)? Or do I not take it for cutting?

3. Am I throwing in abs at all?

Take your Cuts in the morning and your SHock Therapy pre. You can take your creatine every day no problem. Abs twice a week brother. Still waiting on your front and back relaxed pics.

Rage
01-24-11, 7:40 pm
Hey I'm game. Lets do it! We had a good time last year tearing shit up out there.

Anyone else? I'll be out there Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.

dannynb
01-24-11, 8:03 pm
Anyone else? I'll be out there Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.

Hmmm....may jump in one of those nights.

Rage
01-24-11, 8:14 pm

Just let me know brother...

smoothballer
01-24-11, 8:44 pm

Same here depending on what the boss says my workouts are gonna be.

njames
01-24-11, 10:38 pm
Take your Cuts in the morning and your SHock Therapy pre. You can take your creatine every day no problem. Abs twice a week brother. Still waiting on your front and back relaxed pics.

I'll get you those pics this week! Last time I did Iron Contest 2, I lost 29 pounds (22 fat, 7 muscle), so I can't wait to rock this out again!

njames
01-31-11, 2:28 pm
Week 1 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program:

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177

Body pics will be emailed shortly.

I'm a little bummed my weight isn't higher since I began increasing muscle mass the beginning of October. I've only gained about 10 lbs since the end of September (when I finished the HRT workout). Luckily - when you see the pics compared to the last round I sent you months back - it looks like my bodyfat has stayed about the same.

Do you want me to keep my chicken at 40g/day like I've been doing, or the 32g that the IC2 suggests?