PDA

View Full Version : Rage's Cage

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Mr. Dead
02-01-11, 1:54 pm
Are you going to be running groups for HRT training, at the Arnold, like you did last year...???

Rage
02-01-11, 7:23 pm
Week 1 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program:

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177

Body pics will be emailed shortly.

I'm a little bummed my weight isn't higher since I began increasing muscle mass the beginning of October. I've only gained about 10 lbs since the end of September (when I finished the HRT workout). Luckily - when you see the pics compared to the last round I sent you months back - it looks like my bodyfat has stayed about the same.

Do you want me to keep my chicken at 40g/day like I've been doing, or the 32g that the IC2 suggests?

I got your pics brother. Thank you. 40 grams is fine for starters with the chicken. 50 grams of carbs for the first three meals and none after. You probably remember the deal. Let's get you ripped up.

Are you going to be running groups for HRT training, at the Arnold, like you did last year...???

Actually, I need to get some training of my own in this time around. If anyone wants to jump in, all they need to do is ask. I'll take a couple peeps each day no prob.

Firefist
02-03-11, 2:17 pm
Actually, I need to get some training of my own in this time around. If anyone wants to jump in, all they need to do is ask. I'll take a couple peeps each day no prob.

perhaps another gunshow is in order? haha

njames
02-08-11, 1:46 pm
Week 2 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program:

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 172

I put 172, but when I first stepped on the scales it said 170. I didn't think that could be right to drop 7 lbs - especially if I don't think I look 7 lbs. lighter. So I readjusted a bit and got it to go to 172.

I did 32g of chicken on Monday, 36g on Tuesday, and 40g every day after.

Rage
02-08-11, 7:32 pm
Week 2 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program:

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 172

I put 172, but when I first stepped on the scales it said 170. I didn't think that could be right to drop 7 lbs - especially if I don't think I look 7 lbs. lighter. So I readjusted a bit and got it to go to 172.

I did 32g of chicken on Monday, 36g on Tuesday, and 40g every day after.

It is possible to drop that much especially in the beginning. Keep your protein level. 40 grams is good for each of your meals. I need to know how many carbs your at daily before I can make the adjustment. You'll have to remind me each time. Cardio also.

Rage
02-08-11, 7:43 pm
perhaps another gunshow is in order? haha

Lets do it brother

Flash419
02-08-11, 7:44 pm
Anyone else? I'll be out there Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.

I'll be there Thursday, Friday and of course Saturday. I'd love to catch a workout with you.

Rage
02-08-11, 7:48 pm
I'll be there Thursday, Friday and of course Saturday. I'd love to catch a workout with you.

Done!

I'll post what bodyparts I'll be training and on what days. Then just put your name under the day that works best for you. I'll take 2 max each day.

Rage
02-08-11, 7:51 pm
Thursday - Chest/Tri's

Friday - Back/Traps/Calves

Saturday - Shoulders/Bi's

Flash419
02-08-11, 7:59 pm
Thursday - Chest/Tri's

1. Flash419

Rage
02-08-11, 8:13 pm
Thursday - Chest/Tri's

1. Flash419

Awesome brother!

smoothballer
02-08-11, 9:21 pm
Thursday - Chest/Tri's

1. Flash419

1. Smoothballer

dannynb
02-08-11, 10:22 pm
Thursday - Chest/Tri's

1. Flash419
2. Dannynb

1. Smoothballer

njames
02-09-11, 1:00 am
It is possible to drop that much especially in the beginning. Keep your protein level. 40 grams is good for each of your meals. I need to know how many carbs your at daily before I can make the adjustment. You'll have to remind me each time. Cardio also.

Sorry, bro. Completely forgot.

I'm doing 45 minutes of cardio every day but leg day. Daily I'm doing your standard Iron Contest II carbs, which are 150g a day. Meal 1 is 1/2 cup of Grapenuts, Meal 2 is 8oz sweet potato, and Meal 3 is 1/3 cup of brown rice.

I messed up when I said 40g of chicken. I meant 40oz of chicken. Instead of your starting IC2 diet of 4 chicken meals of 8oz each - I'm doing two of those at 8oz and two at 12oz every day. I honestly don't know how much protein that is total a day, but it's 8oz more of protein every day.

Firefist
02-09-11, 10:08 am
Thursday - Chest/Tri's

1. Flash419
2. Dannynb

1. Smoothballer
2. Firefist

Rage
02-09-11, 4:59 pm
Thursday - Chest/Tri's

1. Flash419

1. Smoothballer

Thursday - Chest/Tri's

1. Flash419
2. Dannynb

1. Smoothballer

Thursday - Chest/Tri's

1. Flash419
2. Dannynb

1. Smoothballer
2. Firefist

Awesome!

Sorry, bro. Completely forgot.

I'm doing 45 minutes of cardio every day but leg day. Daily I'm doing your standard Iron Contest II carbs, which are 150g a day. Meal 1 is 1/2 cup of Grapenuts, Meal 2 is 8oz sweet potato, and Meal 3 is 1/3 cup of brown rice.

I messed up when I said 40g of chicken. I meant 40oz of chicken. Instead of your starting IC2 diet of 4 chicken meals of 8oz each - I'm doing two of those at 8oz and two at 12oz every day. I honestly don't know how much protein that is total a day, but it's 8oz more of protein every day.

Try to spread you protein out evenly over 6 meals. Lower carbs to 100 over 5 meals, 20 each. Saturday have a single hamburger (not a double cheeseburger) fries and a diet coke for a cheat. Then back down to 100 grams through Tuesday. Check in Tuesday.

njames
02-15-11, 1:11 pm
Monday started week 3 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program:

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 167-169 (depending on how I stand on the scale)

Mon-Wed= I did your usual IC2 carbs of 150g in the first 3 meals.
Thurs-now= since your 2/9 comment, I've done the 20g of carbs in the 5 meals (100g total/day). Also, I've evened out the chicken meals to 10oz of chicken/meal.

Cardio 45 minutes every day but leg day.

On Saturday, I did the recommended cheat meal of hamburger, fries, and Diet Coke. It was delicious.

Rage
02-15-11, 3:18 pm
Monday started week 3 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program:

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 167-169 (depending on how I stand on the scale)

Mon-Wed= I did your usual IC2 carbs of 150g in the first 3 meals.
Thurs-now= since your 2/9 comment, I've done the 20g of carbs in the 5 meals (100g total/day). Also, I've evened out the chicken meals to 10oz of chicken/meal.

On Saturday, I did the recommended cheat meal of hamburger, fries, and Diet Coke. It was delicious.

Drop carbs down to 100 and spread them out over your first 4 meals. Same cheat.

shortstack
02-15-11, 3:47 pm
Thursday - Chest/Tri's
1.Shortstack

1. Flash419
2. Dannynb

1. Smoothballer
2. Firefist

I'm in brother

Mr. Dead
02-18-11, 1:01 pm
Thursday - Chest/Tri's
1.Shortstack

1. Flash419
2. Dannynb

1. Smoothballer
2. Firefist

I'm in brother

I wonder... Who's going to step up, and take that final spot...???

dannynb
02-22-11, 10:12 am
I wonder... Who's going to step up, and take that final spot...???

Curious as well.

njames
02-22-11, 12:25 pm
Monday started week 4 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program:

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 167

Mon-Tues= I did the 20g of carbs in the 5 meals (100g total/day). Also, I've evened out the chicken meals to 10oz of chicken/meal.

Wed-now= I've done the 25g of carbs in the first 4 meals (100g total/day).

On Saturday, I did the recommended cheat meal of hamburger, fries, and Diet Coke.

On a side note, something of note happened on Tuesday. When I was doing the last set of the 3x50 leg presses on Tuesday, I was developing a lot of pressure in the back of my head in rep 40. I just figured I was reaching failure, so I finished it out. By the time I got to 50, my head was THROBBING. I didn't know if I was going to puke or pass out. I had to take a time-out for about 10 minutes or so until the pain subsided. I finished up the Quad/Ham workout, but I was still feeling the horrible pain (the headache is right in the middle of the back of your head - where the very top of the neck meets your head) after every set. Since then, I've had to drop the weight on each set since I still get that headache after every set - but with less weight, it's faint. Have you ever had the same experience?

Rage
02-22-11, 4:39 pm
Monday started week 4 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program:

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 167

Mon-Tues= I did the 20g of carbs in the 5 meals (100g total/day). Also, I've evened out the chicken meals to 10oz of chicken/meal.

Wed-now= I've done the 25g of carbs in the first 4 meals (100g total/day).

On Saturday, I did the recommended cheat meal of hamburger, fries, and Diet Coke.

On a side note, something of note happened on Tuesday. When I was doing the last set of the 3x50 leg presses on Tuesday, I was developing a lot of pressure in the back of my head in rep 40. I just figured I was reaching failure, so I finished it out. By the time I got to 50, my head was THROBBING. I didn't know if I was going to puke or pass out. I had to take a time-out for about 10 minutes or so until the pain subsided. I finished up the Quad/Ham workout, but I was still feeling the horrible pain (the headache is right in the middle of the back of your head - where the very top of the neck meets your head) after every set. Since then, I've had to drop the weight on each set since I still get that headache after every set - but with less weight, it's faint. Have you ever had the same experience?

Bottom line..if it hurts don't do it..period.

drop carbs to 75 grams a day. On Saturday add that same cheat meal. Sen me some pics with your next check in.

Firefist
02-25-11, 3:46 pm
im off a fractured clavicle for the second time so i got alot of work to do on these delts. cant wait to tear that shit up next week.

dannynb
02-25-11, 4:06 pm
Looking forward to seeing ya next week boss.

J-Dawg
02-25-11, 5:29 pm
Rage in The Cage next week...

Mr. Dead
02-26-11, 9:03 pm
This Tuesday, 01 March, 2011... at 5:30pm PST/8:30pm EST... Rage will be on with Iron Man magazine writer, John Hansen... Evidently, he has become a big fan of HRT...

http://healthy.freshtalknetwork.com/hosts-shows/john-hansen-natural-bodybuilding-radio/

Mr. Dead
03-01-11, 12:01 pm
This Tuesday, 01 March, 2011... at 5:30pm PST/8:30pm EST... Rage will be on with Iron Man magazine writer, John Hansen... Evidently, he has become a big fan of HRT...

http://healthy.freshtalknetwork.com/hosts-shows/john-hansen-natural-bodybuilding-radio/

Just a reminder, that this happens, tonight...

njames
03-02-11, 2:55 am
Monday started week 5 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program:

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 166

Lost maybe 1 pound this week.

Mon-Tues= I did the 25g of carbs in the first 4 meals (100g total/day). Also, I've evened out the chicken meals to 10oz of chicken/meal.

Wed-now= I've done the 25g of carbs in the first 3 meals (75g total/day).

And I will upload and email you my pics tomorrow. This week has been nuts, and I just got to my hotel in Seattle. I'll be back home tomorrow night.

Rage
03-03-11, 10:04 pm
Shortstack and I tore up chest and triceps tonight at Metro. Always great to be back at the Arnold.

dannynb
03-03-11, 10:09 pm
Missed ya tonight...see ya in the cage tomorrow...killing back tomorrow night.

Rage
03-03-11, 10:11 pm
Missed ya tonight...see ya in the cage tomorrow...killing back tomorrow night.

Sounds great brother!

njames
03-08-11, 11:40 am
Check in
Monday started week 6 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program:

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 165

Food= I've done the 25g of carbs in the first 3 meals (75g total/day). For protein, I do 8oz of sirloin for meal 1, four meals of 10oz chicken, protein shake

And I uploaded and sent an email with my link for pics. Other than being down 10 lbs, I don't think I look that much different. Your thoughts?

Rage
03-08-11, 4:21 pm
Check in
Monday started week 6 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program:

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 165

Food= I've done the 25g of carbs in the first 3 meals (75g total/day). For protein, I do 8oz of sirloin for meal 1, four meals of 10oz chicken, protein shake

And I uploaded and sent an email with my link for pics. Other than being down 10 lbs, I don't think I look that much different. Your thoughts?

Drop down to 50 grams per day and cheat on Saturday. Increase cardio to 60 minutes, all in one session.

freighttraindane
03-08-11, 4:33 pm
It was great seeing ya again this weekend Rage, another great seminar!

B Con
03-09-11, 11:57 am
Was great seeing you again Tom. Hope everything goes well with the ongoing MRIs, doctor appointments, treatment/recovery, etc.

Thanks for your help as well.

njames
03-16-11, 2:26 am
Monday started week 7 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program:

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 165

Weight stayed the same since last week.

Mon-Tuesday= I did the 25g of carbs in the first 3 meals (75g total/day). For protein, I do 8oz of sirloin for meal 1, four meals of 10oz chicken, protein shake. Cardio 45 minutes Monday.

Wed-Sunday= I've done the 25g of carbs in the first 2 meals (50g total/day). For protein, I do 8oz of sirloin for meal 1, four meals of 10oz chicken, protein shake. Cardio 60 minutes every day.

BringTheCarnage
03-16-11, 4:16 am
Always a great time to hear you talk about HRT Rage. It was great to finally meet you at the national ABC too like a dream come true last weekend.
On to the question I was wondering if my diet needs tweaking or not.

starting weight was 218lbs went down to 203lbs and for some reason within the week shot to 210lbs currently. and body fat is around 16%

Morning meal: 1 cup of oatmeal and 6 boiled eggs (whole)

then about 2-3 hours later 70g protein shake

Lunch is normally subway i get a foot long chicken breast on wheat. subway is conveniently by campus when I get out of class if I dont stop there ill still eat chicken at home.

about 2-3 hours later another 70g protein shake

Dinner here lately has been a 12oz Ney York Strip steak and broccoli if not steak then its been shrimp or salmon

then before bed I take a last 70g protein shake

Supplements- Animal Rage, Pak, Cuts, Atomic 7, fish oil, potassium, vitamin C

Cardio is 30 mins pre-weight training and ends up being 4.5 miles. My schedule doesn't allow me to split my cardio up from weight training or I would.

I guess you could say I am cutting im staying pretty strict to this and not cheating at all so far Ive been running this for what is now the 4th week.

Your expert advise will be fully used and adapted to my daily life.

Rage
03-23-11, 12:31 pm
It was great seeing ya again this weekend Rage, another great seminar!

Always great seeing you brother and thanks for stepping up for the demo. See you soon.

Was great seeing you again Tom. Hope everything goes well with the ongoing MRIs, doctor appointments, treatment/recovery, etc.

Thanks for your help as well.

Of course brother. Like Dead said, the mangina was acting up, but I'm still trying to just get my knee to where I can do some sort of squatting again.

Monday started week 7 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program:

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 165

Weight stayed the same since last week.

Mon-Tuesday= I did the 25g of carbs in the first 3 meals (75g total/day). For protein, I do 8oz of sirloin for meal 1, four meals of 10oz chicken, protein shake. Cardio 45 minutes Monday.

Wed-Sunday= I've done the 25g of carbs in the first 2 meals (50g total/day). For protein, I do 8oz of sirloin for meal 1, four meals of 10oz chicken, protein shake. Cardio 60 minutes every day.

Lets try a couple more rounds with this schedule. After next check in, we will more than likely need to up your cardio.

Always a great time to hear you talk about HRT Rage. It was great to finally meet you at the national ABC too like a dream come true last weekend.
On to the question I was wondering if my diet needs tweaking or not.

starting weight was 218lbs went down to 203lbs and for some reason within the week shot to 210lbs currently. and body fat is around 16%

Morning meal: 1 cup of oatmeal and 6 boiled eggs (whole)

then about 2-3 hours later 70g protein shake

Lunch is normally subway i get a foot long chicken breast on wheat. subway is conveniently by campus when I get out of class if I dont stop there ill still eat chicken at home.

about 2-3 hours later another 70g protein shake

Dinner here lately has been a 12oz Ney York Strip steak and broccoli if not steak then its been shrimp or salmon

then before bed I take a last 70g protein shake

Supplements- Animal Rage, Pak, Cuts, Atomic 7, fish oil, potassium, vitamin C

Cardio is 30 mins pre-weight training and ends up being 4.5 miles. My schedule doesn't allow me to split my cardio up from weight training or I would.

I guess you could say I am cutting im staying pretty strict to this and not cheating at all so far Ive been running this for what is now the 4th week.

Your expert advise will be fully used and adapted to my daily life.

Great meeting you brother! The honor is all mine. Whenever possible, pack a cooler and eat real food instead of those protein shakes. However I do like that flood of aminos from a protein shake or even EAA's after training. Also, put your more fatty meats in the a.m. And keep your leaner foods like chicken breast for afternoon and white fish like tilapia as your last meal of the day.

njames
03-29-11, 2:04 pm
Since by the time I logged in last week you had already commented, I didn't post anything. So I'm putting two weeks up:

Monday (of last week) started week 8 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program:

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 164

I lost 1 pound.

Mon-Sunday= I've done the 25g of carbs in the first 2 meals (50g total/day). For protein, I do 8oz of sirloin for meal 1, four meals of 10oz chicken, protein shake. Cardio 60 minutes every day.

I threw my body for a loop this week - since I think my body is getting used to the food and exercies. I did a cheat meal on Thursday (McDonald's breakfast) - as well as the Saturday cheat meal. Also, I missed 2 days of cardio.

I guess it helped shock my body, because after about 3 weeks of no weight change, I finally lost a pound.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday started week 9 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program:

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 161

Weight dropped 3 pounds.

Mon-Sunday= I've done the 25g of carbs in the first 2 meals (50g total/day). For protein, I do 8oz of sirloin for meal 1, four meals of 10oz chicken, protein shake. Cardio 60 minutes every day.

I missed Wednesday's cardio - but as you can see I lost 3 pounds. No clue how that happened!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should I switch up my cheat meal to something else?

Rage
03-29-11, 2:12 pm
I want you to keep doing what your doing. It's working. Send me a front before and after pic so I can see how you are progressing so far. Great job brother. Run the same rotation again this week along with the same cheat.

njames
04-05-11, 1:27 pm
Monday started week 10 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program:

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 160

Weight dropped 1 pounds this week.

I missed Wednesday's cardio - something about doing workout A of Quad/Ham just depletes my energy where I can barely move on Wedneday. I did make up about 20 minutes of it throughout the rest of the week.

I will send pics tonight.

Rage
04-06-11, 3:37 pm
Monday started week 10 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program:

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 160

Weight dropped 1 pounds this week.

I missed Wednesday's cardio - something about doing workout A of Quad/Ham just depletes my energy where I can barely move on Wedneday. I did make up about 20 minutes of it throughout the rest of the week.

I will send pics tonight.

ok, looking good. I can definitly see a difference especially when you raise your arms into a pose. Add 30 minutes of cardio but cut it back to 6 days a week. No cardio on leg days. You can do 45 in the morning and 45 in the evening. Run the same carb and cheat rotation another week.

njames
04-12-11, 1:08 pm
Monday started week 11 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program:

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 160

Weight didn't drop this week.

Mon-Sunday= I've done the 25g of carbs in the first 2 meals (50g total/day). For protein, I do 8oz of sirloin for meal 1, four meals of 10oz chicken, protein shake. Cardio 60 minutes Monday and Wednesday, 90 minutes Thurs-Sun.

Rage
04-12-11, 1:32 pm
Monday started week 11 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program:

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 160

Weight didn't drop this week.

Mon-Sunday= I've done the 25g of carbs in the first 2 meals (50g total/day). For protein, I do 8oz of sirloin for meal 1, four meals of 10oz chicken, protein shake. Cardio 60 minutes Monday and Wednesday, 90 minutes Thurs-Sun.

Cut carbs back to one meal of 25 grams 6 days a week. Take in 100 grams on Friday and have that same cheat on Saturday or Sunday. Increase cardio to 1 hour 45 minutes. You can split that 60 and 45 if you like. If you cannot consistently get that cardio done 6 days a week, you will struggle to meet your goal.

MRmichael.hooker
04-12-11, 2:31 pm
Good shit going on in here Rage!

njames
04-19-11, 1:33 pm
Monday started week 12 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program:

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 158

Weight dropped two pounds this week.

I was able to follow your instructions last week to a T.

Tues-Sunday= I've done the 25g of carbs a day, with 100g on Friday. For protein, I do 8oz of sirloin for meal 1, four meals of 10oz chicken, protein shake. Cardio 1 hour and 45 minutes every day but leg day.

Next week, I have a function on Monday - so I'm switching Sunday and Monday for the routine. I'll do Chest/Biceps/cardio on Sunday, and just the cardio on Monday.

Rage
04-19-11, 7:39 pm
Good shit going on in here Rage!

Thank you brother

Monday started week 12 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program:

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 158

Weight dropped two pounds this week.

I was able to follow your instructions last week to a T.

Tues-Sunday= I've done the 25g of carbs a day, with 100g on Friday. For protein, I do 8oz of sirloin for meal 1, four meals of 10oz chicken, protein shake. Cardio 1 hour and 45 minutes every day but leg day.

Next week, I have a function on Monday - so I'm switching Sunday and Monday for the routine. I'll do Chest/Biceps/cardio on Sunday, and just the cardio on Monday.

Good job brother. Lets run the same rotation this week.

SuperFlexSteve
04-20-11, 12:18 am
Rage, I've been training for about 4 years now and from the point I started at to now I've made pretty good progress. Now that I have "meat" on my body, I'm starting to see the areas that are lacking and one of them being my back. What movements can I do to stimulate my lats and that area between my shoulder blades? Thanks bro

Rage
04-20-11, 4:53 pm
Rage, I've been training for about 4 years now and from the point I started at to now I've made pretty good progress. Now that I have "meat" on my body, I'm starting to see the areas that are lacking and one of them being my back. What movements can I do to stimulate my lats and that area between my shoulder blades? Thanks bro

Hey brother. Good for you, sticking with it the way you have. Try using these three lifts for back and in this order.

1. Hammer Hi Row
2. Pull Ups
3. Hammer Low Row

try this for about 12 weeks and push these lifts hard. Keep the rep range no less than 12 and no more than 15 reps per set. Emphasize the stretch at the top of the movements and the contraction at the bottom. On pull ups, once you can hit this rep range with your body weight, start adding some weight. Good luck my brother.

SuperFlexSteve
04-20-11, 8:07 pm
The gym has the high row machine(which I've avoided since I could never get a good workout from it).. but I'll give it another shot and really try to nail the contractions. Are there any substitutes for the low row(don't have one of those machines at the gym)?

Rage
04-21-11, 1:00 pm
The gym has the high row machine(which I've avoided since I could never get a good workout from it).. but I'll give it another shot and really try to nail the contractions. Are there any substitutes for the low row(don't have one of those machines at the gym)?

No worries brother. Just use a low pulley row instead.

mscuillo
04-23-11, 4:04 pm
Hey Rage, what do you think of this:

-Pak w/ Breakfast
-M-Stak (minus red pill) about an hour before workout
-Rage w/ 2000 gm AAKG pre-workout (I figured it would help with a pump since Rage isn't a stand-alone pump product)
-Storm post-workout

I've used Stak for 6 weeks straight, and wanted to give the M-Stak a shot for a change. Should I go right into it, or wait a few days like you would if running 2 Staks back to back?

Thanks for the help man!!

Rage
04-25-11, 12:34 pm
Hey Rage, what do you think of this:

-Pak w/ Breakfast
-M-Stak (minus red pill) about an hour before workout
-Rage w/ 2000 gm AAKG pre-workout (I figured it would help with a pump since Rage isn't a stand-alone pump product)
-Storm post-workout

I've used Stak for 6 weeks straight, and wanted to give the M-Stak a shot for a change. Should I go right into it, or wait a few days like you would if running 2 Staks back to back?

Thanks for the help man!!

Hey brother. That anabolic window looks pretty solid taking into consideration you probably meant mg on that AAKG. YOu can go straight into M Stak no problem as soon as you are finished with the Stak. Whens your next competition brother?

mscuillo
04-25-11, 11:22 pm
Hey brother. That anabolic window looks pretty solid taking into consideration you probably meant mg on that AAKG. YOu can go straight into M Stak no problem as soon as you are finished with the Stak. Whens your next competition brother?

Yes, it was a type-o!! I plan on later this fall, or beginning next year. I'm getting in some good training now, and seeing how my schedule plays out the next few months with the Air Force. I want to make sure I have enough quality time to dedicate to a contest diet. Everything is on track now; so once I get mt next assignment, I'll know a better timeframe and can plan accordingly! I'm looking forward to it, and it's motivating me to get in some quality off-season training now!!!

Mr. Dead
04-25-11, 11:43 pm
Yes, it was a type-o!! I plan on later this fall, or beginning next year. I'm getting in some good training now, and seeing how my schedule plays out the next few months with the Air Force. I want to make sure I have enough quality time to dedicate to a contest diet. Everything is on track now; so once I get mt next assignment, I'll know a better timeframe and can plan accordingly! I'm looking forward to it, and it's motivating me to get in some quality off-season training now!!!

Let me know, if you ever wind up at Joint Base Lewis McChord... That's where I'm at...

njames
04-26-11, 1:57 pm
Monday started week 13 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program:

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 157

Weight dropped one pound this week.

Mon-Sunday= I've done the 25g of carbs a day, with 100g on Friday. For protein, I do 8oz of sirloin for meal 1, four meals of 10oz chicken, protein shake. Cardio 1 hour and 45 minutes every day but leg day.

BringTheCarnage
04-30-11, 8:06 am
Great meeting you brother! The honor is all mine. Whenever possible, pack a cooler and eat real food instead of those protein shakes. However I do like that flood of aminos from a protein shake or even EAA's after training. Also, put your more fatty meats in the a.m. And keep your leaner foods like chicken breast for afternoon and white fish like tilapia as your last meal of the day.

Ok so I took this to heart and actually found some tuna in a vacuum sealed packet to pack with me instead of all the shakes and now I have some more atomic 7 to keep the flood of aminos in there and have noticed a significant difference on how my body is reacting. I also eat my steak as a pre-workout meal and all my fish after training. thanks a lot rage your knowledge is priceless. Also thought you'd like to know Im Incorporated hrt back into my training ill keep you posted.

SuperFlexSteve
04-30-11, 3:42 pm
Rage.. just letting you know I really concentrated on getting that muscle to mind connection on the hammer high rows.. and damn they feel good! thanks for the nudge to get me to revisit that movement!

Rage
05-02-11, 7:31 pm
Monday started week 13 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program:

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 157

Weight dropped one pound this week.

Mon-Sunday= I've done the 25g of carbs a day, with 100g on Friday. For protein, I do 8oz of sirloin for meal 1, four meals of 10oz chicken, protein shake. Cardio 1 hour and 45 minutes every day but leg day.

Ok we seem to be making some progress on this. Same rotation but I need some pics as soon as you can get them to me brother.

Ok so I took this to heart and actually found some tuna in a vacuum sealed packet to pack with me instead of all the shakes and now I have some more atomic 7 to keep the flood of aminos in there and have noticed a significant difference on how my body is reacting. I also eat my steak as a pre-workout meal and all my fish after training. thanks a lot rage your knowledge is priceless. Also thought you'd like to know Im Incorporated hrt back into my training ill keep you posted.

Anytime brother. Eat some chicken or fish preworkout instead of beef. Just switch it around. The steak is just a bit tough to digest so it's not optimal for pre workout. Best of luck brother and let me know if I can help.

Rage.. just letting you know I really concentrated on getting that muscle to mind connection on the hammer high rows.. and damn they feel good! thanks for the nudge to get me to revisit that movement!

Nice! Keep pushing it.

njames
05-10-11, 4:15 pm
Since you responded last week before I could post, this is a 2-week check in:

Monday started week 15 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program:

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 153

Weight dropped 4 pounds in two weeks.

I will get pics up for you soon, probably in the next few days.

My next update will be in another two weeks. My weekend is really going to eff up my usual plan. I will be on a plane all day Saturday, on the set for a movie all day Sunday (it's an Indy film, so craft services won't be there), flying all day on Sunday back to CA, and on Tuesday my wife and I are celebrating our 1-year anniversary all day. So I think it wouldn't be a fair representation of hard work to post my numbers in one week. While I won't have access to my usual chicken, I will travel with tuna packets, protein powder, and protein bars.

Rage
05-11-11, 1:31 pm
Since you responded last week before I could post, this is a 2-week check in:

Monday started week 15 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program:

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 153

Weight dropped 4 pounds in two weeks.

I will get pics up for you soon, probably in the next few days.

My next update will be in another two weeks. My weekend is really going to eff up my usual plan. I will be on a plane all day Saturday, on the set for a movie all day Sunday (it's an Indy film, so craft services won't be there), flying all day on Sunday back to CA, and on Tuesday my wife and I are celebrating our 1-year anniversary all day. So I think it wouldn't be a fair representation of hard work to post my numbers in one week. While I won't have access to my usual chicken, I will travel with tuna packets, protein powder, and protein bars.

Sounds great brother. Good work and best of luck here in the next couple weeks. Get me those pics asap so I can see where you are. You've definitely dropped a lot. Same rotation since this seems to be the ticket for you.

njames
05-12-11, 12:53 am
Sounds great brother. Good work and best of luck here in the next couple weeks. Get me those pics asap so I can see where you are. You've definitely dropped a lot. Same rotation since this seems to be the ticket for you.

Thanks so much for the positive reinforcement. I've been working my ass off on this, and I'm glad you noticed.

I forgot to say that I won't be doing the usual 100g of carbs on Friday. Since my diet will take a hit this weekend, I don't want to add more when I'll be getting them elsewhere.

dannynb
05-14-11, 1:09 pm
Sorry for not checking in this week....was down with a stomach bug....fate has it out for me but I'll be damned if I submit to it. Coming back hard Monday, using this weekend to rehydrate and get back on to getting all my meals in as I haven't been able to keep much down this week. As for the arm, it's tendonitis....icing it everyday and will be stretching and icing everyday after lifting...seems if I stick to dumbbells and machines instead of barbell movements it doesn't aggravate it as much.

MRmichael.hooker
05-20-11, 8:03 am
Time to get sick in the head. Doing those HRT supersets later on the wheels. If i can walk/crawl to the computer later, ill let you know how it goes on fb

MRmichael.hooker
05-21-11, 4:09 pm
Dear Rage, you suck.

HRT:
Leg Extn- 3 x 20 warmup; 2 x 8+4
Hack squats- 2 x 10 warmup; 2 x 8+4 SUPERSET db lunges x 15
Squats- 2 x 8+4 SUPERSET sissy squats
Leg curls- 3 x 10, 2 x 8+4
Lying leg curl- 3 x 10-12

Rage
05-23-11, 1:02 pm
Dear Rage, you suck.

HRT:
Leg Extn- 3 x 20 warmup; 2 x 8+4
Hack squats- 2 x 10 warmup; 2 x 8+4 SUPERSET db lunges x 15
Squats- 2 x 8+4 SUPERSET sissy squats
Leg curls- 3 x 10, 2 x 8+4
Lying leg curl- 3 x 10-12

lol..nice..sounds like someone's walkin with a limp

njames
05-31-11, 12:19 pm
Monday started week 18 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program:

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 153

No weight change after 3 weeks.

As you know, I had a few roadblocks these three weeks, so the goal was to not add weight/fat until I was back up to speed. Since I will be flying from CA to Michigan for a funeral and there Thurs-Sun - with no time to workout, do cardio, or have access to my strict diet - I am going to try and maintain what I have going on now.

This week, I'm doing the normal diet Mon-Wed, in the gym all three days (I will be skipping legs, or adding it to Wed's workout), and doing 2 hours of cardio all three days.

Then next Monday start right back up to my normal meal plan, which is:

Mon-Sunday= 25g of carbs a day, with 100g on Friday. For protein, I do 8oz of sirloin for meal 1, four meals of 10oz chicken, protein shake. Cardio 1 hour and 45 minutes every day but leg day.

On Saturday, the cheat meal of hamburger, fries, and Diet Coke.

Rage
05-31-11, 1:29 pm
Monday started week 18 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program:

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 153

No weight change after 3 weeks.

As you know, I had a few roadblocks these three weeks, so the goal was to not add weight/fat until I was back up to speed. Since I will be flying from CA to Michigan for a funeral and there Thurs-Sun - with no time to workout, do cardio, or have access to my strict diet - I am going to try and maintain what I have going on now.

This week, I'm doing the normal diet Mon-Wed, in the gym all three days (I will be skipping legs, or adding it to Wed's workout), and doing 2 hours of cardio all three days.

Then next Monday start right back up to my normal meal plan, which is:

Mon-Sunday= 25g of carbs a day, with 100g on Friday. For protein, I do 8oz of sirloin for meal 1, four meals of 10oz chicken, protein shake. Cardio 1 hour and 45 minutes every day but leg day.

On Saturday, the cheat meal of hamburger, fries, and Diet Coke.

Leave the cheat out this week and just do the best you can to stay on track under the circumstances.

njames
06-14-11, 1:45 pm
Monday started week 20 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program:

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 151

Lost 2 pounds after 2 weeks.

As you know, I was in Michigan for a funeral two weeks ago Thurs-Sun - with no time to workout, do cardio, or have access to my strict diet.

Last week, I did:

I completely forgot to check this last week. So on Saturday, I did the cheat meal of hamburger, fries, and Diet Coke.

Even though I'm on Week 20, a few weeks were screwed up due to some issues. Because of that I'm going to keep going on the cutting plan until you - Rage - think it's time to stop this and start mass building. I think you said I have a few more pounds to go first.

Rage
06-14-11, 2:10 pm
Now that your back in the groove, let's do another rotation at your current settings. Good work my brother

Monday started week 20 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program:

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 151

Lost 2 pounds after 2 weeks.

As you know, I was in Michigan for a funeral two weeks ago Thurs-Sun - with no time to workout, do cardio, or have access to my strict diet.

Last week, I did:

I completely forgot to check this last week. So on Saturday, I did the cheat meal of hamburger, fries, and Diet Coke.

Even though I'm on Week 20, a few weeks were screwed up due to some issues. Because of that I'm going to keep going on the cutting plan until you - Rage - think it's time to stop this and start mass building. I think you said I have a few more pounds to go first.

njames
06-21-11, 12:49 pm
Monday started week 21 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program. Even though past Week 20, a few weeks were screwed up due to some issues. Because of that I'm going to keep going on the cutting plan until you - Rage - think it's time to stop this and start mass building.

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 152

Up 1 pound since last week. Water weight?

On Saturday, I did the cheat meal of hamburger, fries, and Diet Coke.

Aggression
06-21-11, 1:12 pm
Rage knows the deal when it comes to helping fellow Animals shred down. He's been helping me over the past few weeks. I hit a snag while doing it myself. He jumped in, made a few modifications and its been pretty smooth sailing since. I've dropped ~12lbs over the course of 10-12 weeks. Feelin' good. Two more weeks to go.

dannynb
06-21-11, 2:02 pm
I will testify the man knows his stuff. Been helping me for over 7 months and now being 8 weeks out from the Dallas Europa, I'm bigger, fuller, and leaner then ever!!! Listen to every word he says...if ya have doubts go look at my pics in my journey.....proof right there.

Rage
06-21-11, 2:17 pm
Monday started week 21 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program. Even though past Week 20, a few weeks were screwed up due to some issues. Because of that I'm going to keep going on the cutting plan until you - Rage - think it's time to stop this and start mass building.

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 152

Up 1 pound since last week. Water weight?

You might just be adjusting after the time away and getting back in the groove. How many grams of sodium are you taking in per day? Lets run the same rotation. Send me a couple progress pics.

Rage
06-21-11, 2:18 pm
Rage knows the deal when it comes to helping fellow Animals shred down. He's been helping me over the past few weeks. I hit a snag while doing it myself. He jumped in, made a few modifications and its been pretty smooth sailing since. I've dropped ~12lbs over the course of 10-12 weeks. Feelin' good. Two more weeks to go.

I will testify the man knows his stuff. Been helping me for over 7 months and now being 8 weeks out from the Dallas Europa, I'm bigger, fuller, and leaner then ever!!! Listen to every word he says...if ya have doubts go look at my pics in my journey.....proof right there.

Very proud of the both of you. I'm just a tool in your guys' tool bag. Your doing the work and doing a dam good job at it.

Aggression
06-21-11, 2:19 pm

I saw your pics on universalUSA. Looking ridiculous, D. Keep truckin' man.

njames
06-28-11, 2:28 pm
Monday started week 22 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program. Even though past Week 20, a few weeks were screwed up due to some issues. Because of that I'm going to keep going on the cutting plan until you - Rage - think it's time to stop this and start mass building.

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 151

Down 1 pound since last week.

--------------------------------------

I think I know what happened with the weird 1 pound increase last week. As cool as it makes me sound, for some reason I was backed up for a few days. That didn't resolve itself until a few days after I did my check in.

Last week was weird too. For some reason, my energy was at an all-time low. Other than the usual cardio/weights on Thursday, I could barely MOVE.

Saturday and Sunday I missed my cardio because I was sick with a 48-hour cold/flu. For the life of me, I couldn't shake my fever until Sunday night. But by yesterday, my body was a lot better. Now I feel fine.

njames
06-28-11, 2:33 pm
Oh, and danny & Aggression? I know Rage knows his shit. I came to this forum early 2010 at 190 lbs. I'm now hovering just north of 150 lbs.

Here's the progress pics. The indoor pics are from this latest cutting cycle.

http://s750.photobucket.com/albums/xx147/nkinsey/Progress%20pics/

Rage
06-28-11, 2:35 pm
Monday started week 22 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program. Even though past Week 20, a few weeks were screwed up due to some issues. Because of that I'm going to keep going on the cutting plan until you - Rage - think it's time to stop this and start mass building.

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 151

--------------------------------------

I think I know what happened with the weird 1 pound increase last week. As cool as it makes me sound, for some reason I was backed up for a few days. That didn't resolve itself until a few days after I did my check in.

Last week was weird too. For some reason, my energy was at an all-time low. Other than the usual cardio/weights on Thursday, I could barely MOVE.

Saturday and Sunday I missed my cardio because I was sick with a 48-hour cold/flu. For the life of me, I couldn't shake my fever until Sunday night. But by yesterday, my body was a lot better. Now I feel fine.

Lets do the same rotation but i need you to send me a front and back double so i can see if youve hit the mark yet

ZombiePower
06-29-11, 4:17 pm
im am currently 245lbs 17 years old 38%BF and i wanna lose 35lbs. i dont have any money nor does my family to buy chicken breasts and healthy stuff except apples and grapes so i eat what she gives i wanna try to just cut the amount of food i intake to 2 meals a day a fatty food then some lettuce later on then workout after my 2nd meal is this a good idea to lose weight?

Rage
06-29-11, 6:05 pm
im am currently 245lbs 17 years old 38%BF and i wanna lose 35lbs. i dont have any money nor does my family to buy chicken breasts and healthy stuff except apples and grapes so i eat what she gives i wanna try to just cut the amount of food i intake to 2 meals a day a fatty food then some lettuce later on then workout after my 2nd meal is this a good idea to lose weight?

Set your meal plan at 5 meals a day instead of 2. This alone will help raise your metabolism. Try as best you can to consume 30 grams of protein, 20 grams of carbs and keep the fat very low for each of those 5 meals. Run 45 minutes a day keeping your heart rate around 130 bpm. Do this for 2 weeks and let me know where your at and we will go from there. You just have to be willing to pit in the work my brother.

njames
07-05-11, 5:41 pm
Monday started week 23 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program. I'm going to keep going on the cutting plan until you - Rage - think it's time to stop this and start maintaining for a bit.

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 154

Up 3 pounds since last week.

Here are my pics. I can't believe I forgot to take these earlier. Sorry!

njames
07-05-11, 5:45 pm
Oh, and I emailed you back.

Rage
07-05-11, 7:28 pm
Looking at your pics, I can definitely see lots of improvement. Lets do two more weeks of this cut and call it good. You've done a great job and I'd ahve to say that the extra three pounds looks like muscle. Same rotation for two more weeks.

Monday started week 23 of 20 to get to my goal of 8-9% bf. I'm using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program. I'm going to keep going on the cutting plan until you - Rage - think it's time to stop this and start maintaining for a bit.

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 154

smoothballer
07-06-11, 9:06 am

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 154

You've made some damn fine improvements and should be very proud of yourself. Keep training hard brother.

njames
07-07-11, 6:34 pm
You've made some damn fine improvements and should be very proud of yourself. Keep training hard brother.

Thanks for the kind words. This has definitely been a long journey to get to this point. Sometimes the frustration has been overwhelming.

In August of 2009, at 5'8", I was 210 lbs. and around 30% bodyfat. I've been lifting weights since 2001, and not eating HORRIBLY, but by my late 20s my metabolism crashed. I worked with a personal trainer who even he was wondering why I can build muscle mass no problem, but not seem to lose bf%. I got bloodwork done and found out I had low test and high cortisol levels. I started taking DHEA for the cortisol, but nothing for the other (and still haven't).

When I stumbled on Rage's Cage in Feb 2010 I was 190. He worked with me to lose almost 30 lbs, then I added 10 lbs of mass, and came back for cutting #2 (this last cycle) and that's the change you saw in those pics and my check in.

Ultimately, I want to be at or lower than my current bf% but around 170-175 lbs. I know I'll get there with clean eating, effective lifting programs, and Universal Nutrition. I know that last sentence sounds corny as shit, but I've wasted so much money on crap that doesn't work and NOTHING has been as effective as Universal/Animal. I'm a lifer both with their products and this lifestyle.

Rage
07-07-11, 8:07 pm
Thanks for the kind words. This has definitely been a long journey to get to this point. Sometimes the frustration has been overwhelming.

In August of 2009, at 5'8", I was 210 lbs. and around 30% bodyfat. I've been lifting weights since 2001, and not eating HORRIBLY, but by my late 20s my metabolism crashed. I worked with a personal trainer who even he was wondering why I can build muscle mass no problem, but not seem to lose bf%. I got bloodwork done and found out I had low test and high cortisol levels. I started taking DHEA for the cortisol, but nothing for the other (and still haven't).

When I stumbled on Rage's Cage in Feb 2010 I was 190. He worked with me to lose almost 30 lbs, then I added 10 lbs of mass, and came back for cutting #2 (this last cycle) and that's the change you saw in those pics and my check in.

Ultimately, I want to be at or lower than my current bf% but around 170-175 lbs. I know I'll get there with clean eating, effective lifting programs, and Universal Nutrition. I know that last sentence sounds corny as shit, but I've wasted so much money on crap that doesn't work and NOTHING has been as effective as Universal/Animal. I'm a lifer both with their products and this lifestyle.

Very proud of you brother. You busted your ass. Just the beginning..

ZombiePower
07-08-11, 12:46 am
i really dont wanna embarrass myself im a big dude that wants to squat never squatted in my life wanna get into it but im gonna be at the gym and i wanna start off with the bar so i can get used to it i see women doing two 35s on each side and im gonna be struggling with maybe even the bar 17 and i have a bad back cause of a weak core. so is there any other leg workout or core workout i can do for explosion and strength in my legs or should i just go with it.

njames
07-12-11, 3:28 pm
Monday started week 24 of 20 of using the Iron Contest II of the cutting program. This is the final week of the program before 2ish months of maintaining the bf% before bulking.

Starting bf 15%-ish
Starting Weight 177
Current Weight 153

----------------------------------------------------------

I must've had some bad brocolli (it tasted bad) on Thursday, because Friday/Saturday my stomach was torn UP! Because of that, I didn't do cardio on Friday or Saturday. Also, this week my schedule is crazy, so the cardio will suffer. You know me, so you know that I'm going to work them in anyways, so here's the plan:

Next week is my first week of maintaining the bf%. Before going to HRT, I will be doing a week of active recovery (3-4 days in the gym of exercises involving using body weight). Normally, I will only do 30-minute cardio session twice a week - however, next week I will perform all the cardio sessions I've missed. How does that sound?

njames
07-19-11, 4:42 pm
Here we go with maintaining bf% for 2-ish months. I'll be making up the cardio from last week.

When I maintain, can I get some daily carbs from whole wheat bread?

Rage
07-20-11, 8:30 pm
Here we go with maintaining bf% for 2-ish months. I'll be making up the cardio from last week.

When I maintain, can I get some daily carbs from whole wheat bread?

You bet.

Mr. Dead
12-12-11, 2:12 pm
I can haz sum egg nog...??? And mix it with my Real Gains...???

Universal Rep
01-07-13, 9:23 am
This thread could use a bump. Mebbe sum HRT questions?

Mr. Dead
01-07-13, 10:52 am

Perhaps...

Rage
01-08-13, 4:13 pm

Perhaps...

Thanks U Rep and MD. I get mostly private message questions, but maybe I'll start sharing a summary of those Q & A's. I really don't bite...just don't get too close to the cage lol.

Mr. Dead
01-08-13, 4:23 pm
I really don't bite...just don't get too close to the cage lol.

Lie... I have the marks to prove it... *LOL* Also... Why is your the ringtone on my phone, the Imperial March...??? And... Why do I answer your calls with, "What is thy bidding, my Master"...????

Rage
01-08-13, 4:42 pm
Lie... I have the marks to prove it... *LOL* Also... Why is your the ringtone on my phone, the Imperial March...??? And... Why do I answer your calls with, "What is thy bidding, my Master"...????

I don't know that I can answer these questions...I don't know what you're talking about :)

Mr. Dead
01-08-13, 4:43 pm
I don't know that I can answer these questions...I don't know what you're talking about :)

Why does my wife have you on speed dial...??? *LOL*

freighttraindane
02-01-13, 3:37 pm
Hey Rage, see in Columbus in a few weeks? Any word on the HRT for powerlifting?

Hollow
02-01-13, 3:51 pm

Good to see another person interested in HRT for Powerlifting.

Rage
02-01-13, 4:26 pm

Good to see another person interested in HRT for Powerlifting.

I'll be there brother! Look forward to seeing you soon. Here's a little blurb I wrote on HRT and powerlifting a little bit ago for Hollow;

I don't have any articles on that right now, but I have a lot of people that have experienced some great strength gains. I for one can tell you my experience recently. Most everyone knows I train HRT a few times a year, but normally don't do any powerlifting. So a couple of months ago, I decided to change up my own routine and incorporate some heavier training with some heavy benching. Now normally I would maybe put no more than 275 lbs on the bar HRT style, but after a few warm ups I threw 3 plates on there and pounded out 12 reps. That surprised even me to be honest. Ok, but what about 365....nailed 6 no problem. So I decided to throw on more than I ever benched in my life...405 lbs. So I'm thinking at age 45, this could be awesome or be disastrous lol. But what the fuck, I'll go for it...4 plates a side for this old man. I just wanted 1 rep nice and clean...unrack the weight myself and barely got the one I wanted. Then of course, I had to see if I could get two, but missed the second. Fast forward to last week and I got my 405 lbs on bench press for 2. So for now, thats the only write up I can provide my brothers. It's a tough thing to comprehend that you can actually get stronger by training HRT with a lighter weight, but yet almost everyone that has done HRT will tell you thats what happens. Only thing I can recommend is to try it for yourself.

smoothballer
02-01-13, 8:14 pm
Looking forward to seeing you again big man

Thunder Chicken
03-09-13, 10:37 pm
Random leg workout question, my quad and Hamstrings are starting to tone out pretty good. just one thing i see is wrong and is falling behind and i am not sure on what workouts i could do to catch it up with, but the inside of my leg near my groin, from there to about half way down is still kinda soft, is there something i could do to tighten that area up some or is that a diet kinda thing? (keep in mind i have a gym with your normal basic lifting stuff) thanks

Rage
03-11-13, 12:42 pm
Random leg workout question, my quad and Hamstrings are starting to tone out pretty good. just one thing i see is wrong and is falling behind and i am not sure on what workouts i could do to catch it up with, but the inside of my leg near my groin, from there to about half way down is still kinda soft, is there something i could do to tighten that area up some or is that a diet kinda thing? (keep in mind i have a gym with your normal basic lifting stuff) thanks

Good seeing you out at the Arnold brother. A wide stance on both squats and leg press will work the adductors more directly and the diet should take care of the rest.

Thunder Chicken
03-11-13, 1:18 pm
Good seeing you out at the Arnold brother. A wide stance on both squats and leg press will work the adductors more directly and the diet should take care of the rest.

sweet thanks man! good to see you also! i will have to start working that into my workout!

dannynb
03-14-13, 9:51 pm
Fixing to start up HRT again as soon as my stomach bug clears up. Only difference this time is I'll be adding in rack pulls(back day), squats(leg day), clean and press(shoulder day) prior to the HRT session. Also adding in cardio a few days a week, aka Prowler work.

Thunder Chicken
03-16-13, 10:34 am

added this into my workout the other day and man do i feel it there today! it was kinda hard to get out of bed lol

Blondie Weapon X
03-16-13, 2:15 pm
[QUOTE=dannynb;1304821]Fixing to start up HRT again as soon as my stomach bug clears up. Only difference this time is I'll be adding in rack pulls(back day), squats(leg day), clean and press(shoulder day) prior to the HRT session. Also adding in cardio a few days a week, aka Prowler work.[/QUOTE

This could be EPIC Danny!!
I will be doing SOLO HRT. Actually did it for bi's today.
Ill be stopping by here to post Q's.
Also posting my wo's in my ATP log.

oh Hey RAGE!!!

Rage
03-18-13, 4:36 pm
Fixing to start up HRT again as soon as my stomach bug clears up. Only difference this time is I'll be adding in rack pulls(back day), squats(leg day), clean and press(shoulder day) prior to the HRT session. Also adding in cardio a few days a week, aka Prowler work.

Right on brother. Looking forward to watching you take some more hardware home soon.

added this into my workout the other day and man do i feel it there today! it was kinda hard to get out of bed lol

Now thats what I call waking up on the right side of the bed!

This could be EPIC Danny!!
I will be doing SOLO HRT. Actually did it for bi's today.
Ill be stopping by here to post Q's.
Also posting my wo's in my ATP log.

oh Hey RAGE!!!

It was great seeing you earlier this month young lady. Let me know when I can help along the way!

Blondie Weapon X
03-21-13, 12:14 pm
Solo HRT
If I were doing squats I will do 8 and then 4 - Question: will I count as Im going down or pushing back up

Rage
03-21-13, 12:40 pm
Solo HRT
If I were doing squats I will do 8 and then 4 - Question: will I count as Im going down or pushing back up

For sure on the way down at the pace of a 5 count. You want to accentuate the negative (eccentric) portion of the movement.

Blondie Weapon X
03-21-13, 1:47 pm
For sure on the way down at the pace of a 5 count. You want to accentuate the negative (eccentric) portion of the movement.

Perfect..thanks

Blondie Weapon X
03-21-13, 1:48 pm
Btw...this shit is not easy !! BOOM!!

dannynb
04-03-13, 9:53 pm
Hell no this isn't easy! But it works.

So far I have been following a 2 on, 1 off rotation and I feel good. Strength is increasing, weight is increasing as well. Since I am not doing the show in May I have switched over to a more bulking stage, but staying lean. So Rage bumped up my carbs a bit, still keeping fat low. I was 5 weeks out from a show at 245lbs and barely two weeks later I am now 255, leaner then what I was (or just fuller do to the increased carbs).

SLDL on the smith machine is killer on the hammies, I recommend trying it.

Rage
04-05-13, 7:20 pm
Right on my brothers and sisters. Glad you're enjoying yourselves :)

skibasgym
05-21-13, 11:52 am
I applaud the great liftiing of the new stable of lifters.But what really pisses me off is the audacity of the new generation to belittle the accomplishments of lifters of the past. My current bitch has to do with the lifting of the great Jon Cole.
A superhuman powerlifter and demonstrated his true athleticism thru excelling in track and field. A true strongman. He did all his lifting without any supportive devices(most pics)there may have been exceptions. In those days lifters and the weights they lifted were weighed 2 and 3 times for validity. Many meets today are not certified like the past.

All I ask is that don't try and elevate yourself by trying to lower lifters of the past. Ed Coan says it best by always thanking the lifters of old for showing us the way.
amen
Skibs

Rage
05-21-13, 12:01 pm
I couldn't agree more although I'm not sure if you're referring to a specific post in this thread. I personally try to live from a place of existence that is neither above or below anyone.

skibasgym
05-21-13, 12:02 pm
I applaud the great liftiing of the new stable of lifters.But what really pisses me off is the audacity of the new generation to belittle the accomplishments of lifters of the past. My current bitch has to do with the lifting of the great Jon Cole.

A superhuman powerlifter and demonstrated his true athleticism thru excelling in track and field. A true strongman. He did all his lifting without any supportive devices(most pics)there may have been exceptions. In those days lifters and the weights they lifted were weighed 2 and 3 times for validity. Many meets today are not certified like the past.And the bars are designed to lift more ie..deadlift bar,that flexes to allow the lifter 10% more theoretically.

All I ask is that don't try and elevate yourself by trying to lower lifters of the past. Ed Coan says it best by always thanking the lifters of old for showing us the way.
amen
Skibs

skibasgym
05-21-13, 1:46 pm
This wasn't on our forum,Ididn't want to imply that..But on one of the big power sites..Our site is free of bullshit..
Henri

rbowman91
05-21-13, 1:55 pm
Whens the next HRT variant coming out bro? I'm sure you have something cookin. Looking for a new potent mass-gain training style when I start Operation 200 LBS this august.

Mr. Dead
07-16-13, 12:45 pm
Whens the next HRT variant coming out bro? I'm sure you have something cookin. Looking for a new potent mass-gain training style when I start Operation 200 LBS this august.

Niiice...!!!

And, looking forward to training with you, again, in a couple of months, Rage...

Rage
07-16-13, 6:35 pm

Hey Rob. Is it true you hit 1.9% bodyfat this summer?

Have you ran my Highway To Hell?

Niiice...!!!

And, looking forward to training with you, again, in a couple of months, Rage...

Right on brother.

Mr. Dead
10-17-13, 4:42 pm
Anything new, in the works...???

Rage
10-22-13, 2:51 pm
Anything new, in the works...???

Not for now my brother.

Mocheeks
06-13-14, 1:34 pm
This is my new Q & A area to help answer any questions my fellow Animals have related to training, diet, contest prep, supplements and living the Animal lifestyle. Let's hear it...

Looking for some info on what to take with the AnimalPak for powerlifting. any words of advice

Rage
06-13-14, 6:42 pm
Looking for some info on what to take with the AnimalPak for powerlifting. any words of advice

I'd recommend Animal Flex and some creatine into the mix.

smoothballer
06-17-14, 2:03 pm
What's up brother. How's life?

Rage
06-18-14, 2:58 pm
What's up brother. How's life?

Hi Derek! Things are going good out here.

Mr. Dead
07-01-14, 11:29 am
Is this the thread to come to got get sum advice on growing some muscles? Mine seem to be sorely lacking.

Rage
07-07-14, 6:44 pm
Is this the thread to come to got get sum advice on growing some muscles? Mine seem to be sorely lacking.

I thought you were competing next month? :)

Mr. Dead
07-08-14, 11:13 am
I thought you were competing next month? :)

In the walker and cane division. *LOL*