PDA

View Full Version : Rage's Cage

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Rage
05-28-09, 4:44 pm
This is my new Q & A area to help answer any questions my fellow Animals have related to training, diet, contest prep, supplements and living the Animal lifestyle. Let's hear it...

G Diesel
05-28-09, 4:56 pm
Looking forward to picking your brain my big brother... I've watched you take your physique and strength to new heights in the time I've known you and look forward to seeing you help many of our FORVM brethren do the same.

Passing down the knowledge and helping others grow and progress is what Animal's all about. You're the personification of this Animal ideal.

Peace, G

InkdMuscle
05-28-09, 5:01 pm
Fregg'n awesome boss. i think this needs to be in ask the Pros.

naturalguy
05-28-09, 5:07 pm
About time you get a Q & A thread. I am looking forward to you dropping knowledge.

Mr. Dead
05-28-09, 5:09 pm
you KNOW I'll be using this!!! Great stuff, brother!!!

Mr. Dead
05-28-09, 5:10 pm
What do I do, if I feel that my trainer is truly trying to kill me...? *LOL*

InkdMuscle
05-28-09, 5:15 pm

You can fly down to me. And we can both drive to his house in the middle of the night. I know where hes at. LOL. Sorry it was the Keto kicking in. =D

C.Coronato
05-28-09, 5:16 pm
Your an inspiration for sure brother man. I look forward to getting together one day and getting in a solid training session.

Rage
05-28-09, 6:43 pm
Looking forward to picking your brain my big brother... I've watched you take your physique and strength to new heights in the time I've known you and look forward to seeing you help many of our FORVM brethren do the same.

Passing down the knowledge and helping others grow and progress is what Animal's all about. You're the personification of this Animal ideal.

Peace, G

Thanks G...I've got a lot of respect for ya bro.

Fregg'n awesome boss. i think this needs to be in ask the Pros.

Maybe next year....

About time you get a Q & A thread. I am looking forward to you dropping knowledge.

Thanks to you guys NG.

you KNOW I'll be using this!!! Great stuff, brother!!!

Thanks Dead.

I am.

Nah...

You can fly down to me. And we can both drive to his house in the middle of the night. I know where hes at. LOL. Sorry it was the Keto kicking in. =D

I'll have your ass on stage here in due time.....better watch it..I might carb you up too much before you get out there...

Your an inspiration for sure brother man. I look forward to getting together one day and getting in a solid training session.

Anytime bro...it would be my honor.

Pizzalamp
05-28-09, 6:44 pm
its about time!!

Mr. Dead
05-28-09, 6:54 pm

I am.

I'll have your ass on stage here in due time.....better watch it..I might carb you up too much before you get out there...

See... I KNEW it!!! *LOL* And, Inkd... I think he's serious...

Rage
05-28-09, 6:55 pm
its about time!!

Thanks bro...honored to be working with you.

Pizzalamp
05-28-09, 6:58 pm
Thanks bro...honored to be working with you.

you rock rage

well im down one pound this week so far

and what do u think of these foods?
fat free smart beat mayo-0 fat and 1 tablespoon is 10 cals? good or bad?
1 kosher dill pickle slice to go on chicken? good or bad?
what about salt? salt my food or just let the sodium happen thats in food already?

thanks

Rage
05-28-09, 7:10 pm
you rock rage

well im down one pound this week so far

and what do u think of these foods?
fat free smart beat mayo-0 fat and 1 tablespoon is 10 cals? good or bad?
1 kosher dill pickle slice to go on chicken? good or bad?
what about salt? salt my food or just let the sodium happen thats in food already?

thanks

If there's no fat them you have a couple grams of either carbs or protein in there. I'm going to guess carbs in that mayo...using one tbsp isn't going to screw you up because I happen to know your already in pretty good shape. But just like the pickle, all these little extra things can start to add up and throw you off. I would keep it clean and stay away from both. Save it for your cheat meal.

I don't worry about salt to much until it's within a few days of getting on stage. Obviously if you have issues with high blood pressure, you shouldn't add much. A little here and there can actually be a good thing. Remember...it is an electrolyte.

Pizzalamp
05-28-09, 7:11 pm
gotcha thanks

If there's no fat them you have a couple grams of either carbs or protein in there. I'm going to guess carbs in that mayo...using one tbsp isn't going to screw you up because I happen to know your already in pretty good shape. But just like the pickle, all these little extra things can start to add up and throw you off. I would keep it clean and stay away from both. Save it for your cheat meal.

I don't worry about salt to much until it's within a few days of getting on stage. Obviously if you have issues with high blood pressure, you shouldn't add much. A little here and there can actually be a good thing. Remember...it is an electrolyte.

machineman
05-28-09, 7:33 pm
congrats....I will definitely be using this!!!!

weedlewott
05-29-09, 12:49 am
I'm most definately gonna be in this dude. Time to get small.

Rage
05-29-09, 10:23 am
congrats....I will definitely be using this!!!!

I'm most definately gonna be in this dude. Time to get small.

I've enjoyed working with you guys...a ton of discipline.

Universal Rep
05-29-09, 10:25 am
This is my new Q & A area to help answer any questions my fellow Animals have related to training, diet, contest prep, supplements and living the Animal lifestyle. Let's hear it...

Bout time brother... You do plenty for Corporate and for the fellas here. Solid recognition.

Rage
05-29-09, 10:33 am
Bout time brother... You do plenty for Corporate and for the fellas here. Solid recognition.

Thanks bro...I greatly appreciat the opportunity to be a servant of the iron for my brothers.

weedlewott
05-29-09, 1:55 pm
Rage, update. Weighed myself tonight after the WO and i'm down two pounds in the past three days. Wanted to ask you about fruits and veggies. What's acceptable if anything?

Wasteland
05-29-09, 2:15 pm
What's your take on beef vs. fish vs. chicken?

Rage
05-29-09, 2:25 pm
Rage, update. Weighed myself tonight after the WO and i'm down two pounds in the past three days. Wanted to ask you about fruits and veggies. What's acceptable if anything?

Nice! That diet works very well for most people I put on it. In fact, I'll post it sometime today for everyone to take a look at. The diet is a basic starting point that I make adjustments to based on the individual. As far as the fruits and veggies, the fruits you'll have to stay away from. Green veggies such as asparagus, lettuce, green peppers and cucumbers are perfect. You can back fill with them as much as you want.

Rage
05-29-09, 2:30 pm
What's your take on beef vs. fish vs. chicken?

I put my guys on Top Sirloin, 1 serving in the am, so that the body has time to work it off throughout the day. My diet puts the fattier meats in the am and gets leaner as the day progresses. I use white fish (cod/talapia/tuna/flounder) or chicken for the majority of the meals after the top. Up to the tastes of the individual as far as which they choose to use throughout the rest of the day.

Rage
05-29-09, 2:32 pm
Wait till you guys see B Con's final pics. His contest pics are being done tomorrow and this is a guy who followed my diet and had the discipline to see it all the way through. He has trained very hard for this event and it has really paid off. I'll have him post a few pics over here when he's done. Incredible example of what can be done.

Mr. Dead
05-29-09, 2:34 pm
Wait till you guys see B Con's final pics. His contest pics are being done tomorrow and this is a guy who followed my diet and had the discipline to see it all the way through. He has trained very hard for this event and it has really paid off. I'll have him post a few pics over here when he's done. Incredible example of what can be done.

Definitely dyin' to see those pics!!!

Rage
05-29-09, 2:37 pm
Definitely dyin' to see those pics!!!

...and you too! How much has your bf% dropped so far? Another great example!

Mr. Dead
05-29-09, 2:39 pm
...and you too! How much has your bf% dropped so far? Another great example!

It's dropped 9 %, and still going...

Rage
05-29-09, 3:00 pm
It's dropped 9 %, and still going...

About an average drop during show prep. Great job!

Mr. Dead
05-29-09, 3:09 pm
About an average drop during show prep. Great job!

Ain't done, yet... Still got another week of torture... (But I will definitely say that you've gotten me into the best version of me, yet... And, that ain't nut powder, that's the truth!!!)

weedlewott
05-29-09, 3:09 pm
Nice! That diet works very well for most people I put on it. In fact, I'll post it sometime today for everyone to take a look at. The diet is a basic starting point that I make adjustments to based on the individual. As far as the fruits and veggies, the fruits you'll have to stay away from. Green veggies such as asparagus, lettuce, green peppers and cucumbers are perfect. You can back fill with them as much as you want.

Thanks. I'm definately feeling the effects and see what you meant about the PWO Shake. haha. Smashed that dude like I had never had one in my life. I realize this is a pain in your ass, but since I can't access your site with the WO on it, is there any way you could PM it to me so I can have it to print off when I'm at work? You said you wanted weekly updates. You want me to PM you with them? I'll post my questions here so everyone can benefit over them, but PM you updates on my BF% and what not. That work?

LittleMan55
05-29-09, 3:21 pm

I'm excited to see the end result. I have talked to him almost daily and can say he has definitely worked his ass off! He is someone I truly consider a brother and he is a warrior. I'm sure we will all be blown away when we see the end result.

Rage how have you been bro? Things still going weel? Oh speaking of pics I will have some up in my contest thread this weekend. I'm 15 out from weigh ins today.

B Con
05-29-09, 3:25 pm
My name is being brought up. :)

Thanks Rage. Couldn't have done it without ya brother.

Lunatic001
05-29-09, 3:34 pm
Looking forward for all the input and knowledge that you will give us.......expect questions from me soon enough!...

InkdMuscle
05-29-09, 3:37 pm
Ok boss you had me switching back and forth between BB bench press and DB flat bench press. Would u say i should switch back to DB press because i can hit the chest muscle fibers a whole lot better because of the R.o.m.

Rage
05-29-09, 4:14 pm
Ain't done, yet... Still got another week of torture... (But I will definitely say that you've gotten me into the best version of me, yet... And, that ain't nut powder, that's the truth!!!)

Very impressed with what you've done with this contest prep. I know this has been a tough one, but you've stuck with it. Great to be a part of your team.

Thanks. I'm definately feeling the effects and see what you meant about the PWO Shake. haha. Smashed that dude like I had never had one in my life. I realize this is a pain in your ass, but since I can't access your site with the WO on it, is there any way you could PM it to me so I can have it to print off when I'm at work? You said you wanted weekly updates. You want me to PM you with them? I'll post my questions here so everyone can benefit over them, but PM you updates on my BF% and what not. That work?

I'm here to serve and give back to my brothers....works for me bro.

I'm excited to see the end result. I have talked to him almost daily and can say he has definitely worked his ass off! He is someone I truly consider a brother and he is a warrior. I'm sure we will all be blown away when we see the end result.

Rage how have you been bro? Things still going weel? Oh speaking of pics I will have some up in my contest thread this weekend. I'm 15 out from weigh ins today.

I am ver y impressed with B Cons ability to balance his life and accomplish the things he sets out to accomplish. His life is worth emulating. I've been good bro. Just training, eating and gettin it all done. PM me a few pics bro...if you need any help..I'm here for ya brother.

My name is being brought up. :)

Thanks Rage. Couldn't have done it without ya brother.

I'm the guy in the background...your the one in the spotlight...you've done all the work my friend.

Looking forward for all the input and knowledge that you will give us.......expect questions from me soon enough!...

Sounds great Jesse!

Ok boss you had me switching back and forth between BB bench press and DB flat bench press. Would u say i should switch back to DB press because i can hit the chest muscle fibers a whole lot better because of the R.o.m.

Stick with the DB's Nick. When you lower them down, get a good depth to the point where the DB comes into the armpit even and squeeze at the top. Your pecs won't know what hit them. Here's a vid to demonstrate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0X21LxC2Mg

Mr. Dead
05-29-09, 4:17 pm
Very impressed with what you've done with this contest prep. I know this has been a tough one, but you've stuck with it. Great to be a part of your team.

I'm the guy in the background...your the one in the spotlight...you've done all the work my friend.

No... It's great to be a part of YOUR team... Hmmm... Guy in the background... Puppet Master or Oz....?

Hollow
05-29-09, 4:54 pm
AWESOME...riffling through papers...where'd my list go!?

MrMuscles22
05-29-09, 4:58 pm
Awesome Rage! I'll be a regular on this Q&A because we both know I ask a TON of questions! haha

InkdMuscle
05-29-09, 5:01 pm
Stick with the DB's Nick. When you lower them down, get a good depth to the point where the DB comes into the armpit even and squeeze at the top. Your pecs won't know what hit them. Here's a vid to demonstrate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0X21LxC2Mg

Ok gotcha. SO then im assuming do the same thing for the incline DB press's correct?

Rage
05-29-09, 7:51 pm
No... It's great to be a part of YOUR team... Hmmm... Guy in the background... Puppet Master or Oz....?

LOL

AWESOME...riffling through papers...where'd my list go!?

Hollow my brother...how've you been?

Awesome Rage! I'll be a regular on this Q&A because we both know I ask a TON of questions! haha

Sounds great brother....I'm looking forward to getting you on stage.

Ok gotcha. SO then im assuming do the same thing for the incline DB press's correct?

It's a bit harder to bring the DB's down as far as flat but you'll know when your far enough.

machineman
05-29-09, 8:37 pm
update: Week B Day 4

Alt DB Rows 3 X 15

V Bar Pull Downs 3 X F

DB Pullovers 2 X 15

BB Shrugs 3 working sets (each on heavier) 20+

DB reverse flys 3 X 15

weights will be in my journey and project c log....cardio was 30 minutes pulling twins in the wagon around the block! something different.....I will hit some extra cardio tomorrow and sunday.....

Pizzalamp
05-30-09, 12:52 am
rage i went out to dinner and had broiled chicken and a salad w/ romaine lettuce w/ olive oil and vingegar i added
good or bad??

weedlewott
05-30-09, 1:39 pm
Rage, I'm having a problem eating all six meals. I'm only able to make 5 of them. I'm allotted 4 in the DFAC and everything is there, and then there's the shake. Is that going to be alright? So far as today went, I'm feeling it. I did my 45 minutes of cardio and was about to die. ha. Zero energy.

Rage
05-30-09, 8:16 pm
update: Week B Day 4

Alt DB Rows 3 X 15

V Bar Pull Downs 3 X F

DB Pullovers 2 X 15

BB Shrugs 3 working sets (each on heavier) 20+

DB reverse flys 3 X 15

weights will be in my journey and project c log....cardio was 30 minutes pulling twins in the wagon around the block! something different.....I will hit some extra cardio tomorrow and sunday.....

Nice.

rage i went out to dinner and had broiled chicken and a salad w/ romaine lettuce w/ olive oil and vingegar i added
good or bad??

Small amount of oil and vinegar is fine.

Rage, I'm having a problem eating all six meals. I'm only able to make 5 of them. I'm allotted 4 in the DFAC and everything is there, and then there's the shake. Is that going to be alright? So far as today went, I'm feeling it. I did my 45 minutes of cardio and was about to die. ha. Zero energy.

6 is better, but if you can fit it all in five meals, thats fine too.

Pizzalamp
05-31-09, 9:45 am
rage
im down to 195 this morning
my midsection is looking much much leaner and my abs are getting clearer and def less blurry

should i keep the food the same??

LittleMan55
05-31-09, 10:02 am
Rage I know you are big on deep tissue. I have had some issues with my right lat and it goes as follows: I still have power and can contract it very hard, howerver when I try to open it up in a lat spread (front or rear) it feels like it wont "flare out" as well as the left side. If it is touched above where my scapula is, from about the mid point to all the way up to my trap there is a fairly tense knot. My question is: Will this go away with constant stretching or is that spinning my tires when I should go get a deep tissue?

Thanks in advance bro!

machineman
06-01-09, 6:57 am
weigh in this morning: 246
Down: 4.4 from last week
Total since start of Project C: 9.5

Rage
06-01-09, 9:32 am
rage
im down to 195 this morning
my midsection is looking much much leaner and my abs are getting clearer and def less blurry

should i keep the food the same??

Nice job bro...keep everything the same.

Rage I know you are big on deep tissue. I have had some issues with my right lat and it goes as follows: I still have power and can contract it very hard, howerver when I try to open it up in a lat spread (front or rear) it feels like it wont "flare out" as well as the left side. If it is touched above where my scapula is, from about the mid point to all the way up to my trap there is a fairly tense knot. My question is: Will this go away with constant stretching or is that spinning my tires when I should go get a deep tissue?

Thanks in advance bro!

I would get it worked on now since you have a show coming up. Might take a few weeks to get the job done. Sounds more like the trap isn't letting the shoulder drop allowing the lat to fully extend. SifuSteve is going through the same thing right now and Russell has been making a big difference with his deep tissue. Takes some time...might want to grab something to bite on because it's going to hurt like a bitch.

weigh in this morning: 246
Down: 4.4 from last week
Total since start of Project C: 9.5

God job bro...way to stick with it.

Wasteland
06-01-09, 9:59 am
I put my guys on Top Sirloin, 1 serving in the am, so that the body has time to work it off throughout the day. My diet puts the fattier meats in the am and gets leaner as the day progresses. I use white fish (cod/talapia/tuna/flounder) or chicken for the majority of the meals after the top. Up to the tastes of the individual as far as which they choose to use throughout the rest of the day.

Thanks. Have you looked at other cuts of lean beef ragingmuscle?

Rage
06-01-09, 10:08 am
Thanks. Have you looked at other cuts of lean beef ragingmuscle?

Filet, but shit sure is expensive.

Rage
06-01-09, 10:57 am
This is a skeleton diet that I start most guys on and make adjustments to over time. The training routine I recommend is along the lines of the Pre-Contest routine found in the link below.

All food measurements are uncooked.

Meal 1 8 oz top sirloin and 1 cup oatmeal
Meal 2 8 oz chicken breast (or talapia or cod) and 8 oz yam
Meal 3 8 oz chicken breast (or talapia or cod) and 1/3 cup of brown rice
Meal 4 8 oz chicken breast (or talapia or cod) and salad (dry or with oil and vinegar only)
Meal 5 8 oz chicken breast (or talapia or cod) and salad (dry or with oil and vinegar only)
Meal 6 Protein shake - 50 grams of whey protein and 5 grams of glutamine.

Switch meal 6 to the post workout meal wherever that might fit.

If you don’t see a food item on the list, ask before you put it in your mouth.

Drink one gallon of water each day before you can have any diet soda or crystal lite.

Info on me
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/ragingmuscle/

Scroll down to the training schedule for the Pre-Contest on the link below. Do not follow my diet. Everyone is different. I will figure yours out as we go. Follow this routine. Start out with 45 minutes of cardio first thing in the morning or after the workout. People who ask the most questions, get the best results…so ask lots of questions.

http://www.bodybuilders.com/tom_fuller.htm

sifusteve
06-01-09, 12:08 pm
Do you know anything about capillary beds?
If so, how would i know if mine are ok?
Oh yeh...by the way my weight is 217.

fenix237
06-01-09, 2:33 pm
i wanted to give you a big thanks for your time to discuss diet and training- you sent me the above diet and that's what i'm going to follow for the next 14 weeks. i will keep you posted as to my progress and let you tweak as needed

weedlewott
06-01-09, 3:17 pm
Updating
Bike is a no go. Hurts my ass. Treadmill and Road works for me. Road because I have to get ready for this PT test. but I start the day on the Treadmill.

Weight: 206 - down 9 from when we started if I'm not mistaken.
Waist: 34 3/4in

i can see some more definition, getting used to this whole no carbs thing. Working on staying on track with the diet. So far as I know, i haven't deviated. I've asked you about the stipulations and things I wasn't sure about.

InkdMuscle
06-01-09, 3:51 pm

Sifu, are you taking about your cap beds under your nail. If so, are u referring it to oxygen.

Mr. Dead
06-01-09, 4:56 pm
People who ask the most questions, get the best results…so ask lots of questions.

http://www.bodybuilders.com/tom_fuller.htm

Uhm... Why have I suddenly started having very real and vivid detailed dreams of pizza, tacos, spaghetti, mostaccioli, donuts, and cinnamon rolls...? Oh, yeah... And swimming in an ocean of egg nog... And, is it considered a craving when you jump out of a moving vehicle when you pass a bakery...?

sifusteve
06-01-09, 6:12 pm
Uhm... Why have I suddenly started having very real and vivid detailed dreams of pizza, tacos, spaghetti, mostaccioli, donuts, and cinnamon rolls...? Oh, yeah... And swimming in an ocean of egg nog... And, is it considered a craving when you jump out of a moving vehicle when you pass a bakery...?

Now THATS funny!

sifusteve
06-01-09, 6:15 pm
Sifu, are you taking about your cap beds under your nail. If so, are u referring it to oxygen.

I'm just being a pain in toms side (as if training me isn't enough pain for him) LOL!

Rage
06-01-09, 7:25 pm

LOL...I think yours are all fucked up..

i wanted to give you a big thanks for your time to discuss diet and training- you sent me the above diet and that's what i'm going to follow for the next 14 weeks. i will keep you posted as to my progress and let you tweak as needed

You bet bro..have to get you locked on for that trip.

Updating
Bike is a no go. Hurts my ass. Treadmill and Road works for me. Road because I have to get ready for this PT test. but I start the day on the Treadmill.

Weight: 206 - down 9 from when we started if I'm not mistaken.
Waist: 34 3/4in

i can see some more definition, getting used to this whole no carbs thing. Working on staying on track with the diet. So far as I know, i haven't deviated. I've asked you about the stipulations and things I wasn't sure about.

I here you on the bike. What works for one doesn't necessarily for everyone else. Nice drop bro. your on track.

Steve has a reason for everything.

LOL...I have no idea what your talking about...right.

Now THATS funny!

I'm just being a pain in toms side (as if training me isn't enough pain for him) LOL!

After you told me you were adding me to the deed on your house I felt like I could finally put up with you.

machineman
06-01-09, 10:22 pm
Neck Press
Bar X 20
95 X 15
115 X 10
115 X 8

Incline DB Press
20 X 12
25 X 12
30 X 12 (first 3 with no rest except to get the next weight)
35 X 12
40 X 12

Flat DB Flys
25 X 12
30 X 12
35 X 12 (some shoulder pain here)
20 X 18

Seated Alt Curls
15 X 15
20 X 15
25 X 15
30 X 15
35 X 8

Standing Hammer Curls
15 X 20
20 X 20
25 X 20

Machine Preacher Curls (immediately following last set of hammers)
40 X 16 (2 second hold at top)

Cardio
Treadmill 45 minutes....varied the incline from starting at 11 dropping every 5 minutes or so until I hit 6.....290 cals and a little over 2 miles.....pace wasn't real fast, kept the heart rate between 120-130.....completely soaked after this......workout time was about 1:30...

Pizzalamp
06-01-09, 10:33 pm
rage im feeling very grumpy and on a hairs trigger at times
are these side effects of the diet?

InkdMuscle
06-02-09, 12:17 am

believe me bro if u are on a Rage diet i feel ya. All my diets from jump street have been by him and i feel like u do. but i see results. so ill put up with it... LOL =D

InkdMuscle
06-02-09, 12:18 am
Boss, What would u rec for the insides of my legs. everything else is growing and toning except the insides of my thigh. Any suggestions.

Pizzalamp
06-02-09, 9:32 am
rage i had to go into work super early today so i had to miss my am cardio session
is it ok to do it tonight? should i eat my last meal after the cardio? or no?

believe me bro if u are on a Rage diet i feel ya. All my diets from jump street have been by him and i feel like u do. but i see results. so ill put up with it... LOL =D

i like results

Rage
06-02-09, 10:22 am
Neck Press
Bar X 20
95 X 15
115 X 10
115 X 8

Incline DB Press
20 X 12
25 X 12
30 X 12 (first 3 with no rest except to get the next weight)
35 X 12
40 X 12

Flat DB Flys
25 X 12
30 X 12
35 X 12 (some shoulder pain here)
20 X 18

Seated Alt Curls
15 X 15
20 X 15
25 X 15
30 X 15
35 X 8

Standing Hammer Curls
15 X 20
20 X 20
25 X 20

Machine Preacher Curls (immediately following last set of hammers)
40 X 16 (2 second hold at top)

Cardio
Treadmill 45 minutes....varied the incline from starting at 11 dropping every 5 minutes or so until I hit 6.....290 cals and a little over 2 miles.....pace wasn't real fast, kept the heart rate between 120-130.....completely soaked after this......workout time was about 1:30...

Nice work! If it hurts, don't do it. Good range for the heart rate.

Welcome to the world of dieting. Just remember that it's the diet, so keep the temper in check.

Boss, What would u rec for the insides of my legs. everything else is growing and toning except the insides of my thigh. Any suggestions.

Toning is all diet, but try hitting leg press a little wider and all he way down to the stoppers for the inside of the thigh.

rage i had to go into work super early today so i had to miss my am cardio session
is it ok to do it tonight? should i eat my last meal after the cardio? or no?

i like results

Best time for cardio is first thing in the morning fasted, but the second best is after training. Eat your meal after the cardio or you'll use it for fuel and prolong the fat burning process.

Q
06-02-09, 11:40 am
Hey Rage, first off it looks like i wont end up in Cali for work, since im down in Corpus Christi TX right now...

So on to business, currently im sitting at about 225 about 22%bf, down from the 265 i was last July (mainly from bike commuting). I got back in the gym in Oct. but would say I really got back into it around March. In these past few months I have put on about 7 pounds to get where I am now, I like what im seeing in the mirror, but keep thinking that I should probably lower my bf% some more before I start a long clean bulk. I was wondering if you agree with this approach...

Also do you have any tips for the road? Right now I'm down in TX, working graveyards and my eating has gone to shit. Luckily I got a travel pass from my gym so I have a place to workout.

Rage
06-02-09, 2:42 pm
Hey Rage, first off it looks like i wont end up in Cali for work, since im down in Corpus Christi TX right now...

So on to business, currently im sitting at about 225 about 22%bf, down from the 265 i was last July (mainly from bike commuting). I got back in the gym in Oct. but would say I really got back into it around March. In these past few months I have put on about 7 pounds to get where I am now, I like what im seeing in the mirror, but keep thinking that I should probably lower my bf% some more before I start a long clean bulk. I was wondering if you agree with this approach...

Also do you have any tips for the road? Right now I'm down in TX, working graveyards and my eating has gone to shit. Luckily I got a travel pass from my gym so I have a place to workout.

You didn't look like 22% bf to me last April. Have you had it checked. You looked leaner than that to me. But some people do in fact carry a higher bf and still look pretty good which could be in your case. First off I need to know what your goal is. Then I can help guide you there. A healthy off season bf is normally around 12%. Here's a tip for the road...grab a soft callapsable cooler and some ice paks. Plan out your meals based on whats available in the area where your currently located. I like to search for grocery stores that carry grilled chicken already prepared. If you have access to a microwave then grab some yams along withh some sandwhich bags. Cook your yams and place them in the sandwhich bags which softens the skin over time. Pack everything up along with maybe a salad, banana, apple, throw your ice packs in there, zip it up and hit the road. Get used to eating your food cold.

fenix237
06-02-09, 3:04 pm
hey Rage,

just wondering when/how much i should incorporate fish oils in the diet you recommended to me. i have a big bottle of Flaxseed and Omega Oils. I also take a couple of Unilver with all meals. i read they are very important to the fat burning process as well as controlling appetite

thnx again bro!

Mr. Dead
06-02-09, 3:36 pm
You didn't look like 22% bf to me last April. Have you had it checked. You looked leaner than that to me. But some people do in fact carry a higher bf and still look pretty good which could be in your case. First off I need to know what your goal is. Then I can help guide you there. A healthy off season bf is normally around 12%. Here's a tip for the road...grab a soft callapsable cooler and some ice paks. Plan out your meals based on whats available in the area where your currently located. I like to search for grocery stores that carry grilled chicken already prepared. If you have access to a microwave then grab some yams along withh some sandwhich bags. Cook your yams and place them in the sandwhich bags which softens the skin over time. Pack everything up along with maybe a salad, banana, apple, throw your ice packs in there, zip it up and hit the road. Get used to eating your food cold.

Kind of like what I did with my tub of tilapia, at The Emerald Cup...

InkdMuscle
06-02-09, 3:38 pm
Toning is all diet, but try hitting leg press a little wider and all he way down to the stoppers for the inside of the thigh.

Will do. Legs for me are this fri. so i will put that to use.

Rage
06-02-09, 3:38 pm
hey Rage,

just wondering when/how much i should incorporate fish oils in the diet you recommended to me. i have a big bottle of Flaxseed and Omega Oils. I also take a couple of Unilver with all meals. i read they are very important to the fat burning process as well as controlling appetite

thnx again bro!

A Pak of Animal Omega once in the morning will cover your EFA's. The liver is a good source of B Vitamins and will most likely help increase appeitite. I want you to be hungry. That tells me your metabolism is crankin.

InkdMuscle
06-02-09, 3:40 pm

HAHA, Yeah well tell me about it. Im sure not a walk in the park with my weird body.

Mr. Dead
06-02-09, 3:45 pm
HAHA, Yeah well tell me about it. Im sure not a walk in the park with my weird body.

x2... *LOL*

machineman
06-02-09, 5:25 pm
leg workout in the books! uhhh, I don't think I will be getting up anytime soon!!

Leg Press 3 X 50
Squat 3 X 20
Leg Ext 3 X 20
Lying Leg Curl 2 X 12
BW Lunges 2 X 12

cardio tomorrow is really gonna suck....

Thank you sir!!!!

Rage
06-02-09, 6:53 pm

We'll get you locked on and up on that stage.

x2... *LOL*

And you have 4 days till your up there..

leg workout in the books! uhhh, I don't think I will be getting up anytime soon!!

Leg Press 3 X 50
Squat 3 X 20
Leg Ext 3 X 20
Lying Leg Curl 2 X 12
BW Lunges 2 X 12

cardio tomorrow is really gonna suck....

Thank you sir!!!!

Good work bro.

machineman
06-02-09, 6:55 pm
thanks!...I think!!lol....the chair is giving me fits right now....tomorrow ought to be a treat lol....

AZN-BEEF
06-02-09, 7:13 pm
during the offseason how high do you allow your clients to get up in bf%?

i always wanted to ask you. how did you get started with universal/animal?

Pizzalamp
06-02-09, 7:16 pm
thanks rage

tonight i bought some cod to try in instead of chicken.

Rage
06-02-09, 8:02 pm
thanks!...I think!!lol....the chair is giving me fits right now....tomorrow ought to be a treat lol....

Leg days always make it a chore to walk the rest of the week.

during the offseason how high do you allow your clients to get up in bf%?

i always wanted to ask you. how did you get started with universal/animal?

I think 12% is as high as a bodybuilder needs to go during the off season. I actually started out selling Cybergenics Total Bodybuilding System to a bunch of people on Vandenburg AFB while I was stationed out there in 1991. I picked up Universal the following year and the rest is history.

thanks rage

tonight i bought some cod to try in instead of chicken.

A little variety is good. When I'm dieting, I sometimes think of the poster of Wrath saying he's not going to puke...

Rage
06-02-09, 8:11 pm
Quality of the vid sucks but you get the idea. This was a PR for me and the reason I'm sharing it here is because I had 150 grams of carbs a day for the last two weeks....strength doesn't have to suffer when your dieting....it's mental.

This was an even 500 lbs for 8 reps and the last one I did slow on purpose.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOR8pssq8VQ

LittleMan55
06-02-09, 10:17 pm
Quality of the vid sucks but you get the idea. This was a PR for me and the reason I'm sharing it here is because I had 150 grams of carbs a day for the last two weeks....strength doesn't have to suffer when your dieting....it's mental.

This was an even 500 lbs for 8 reps and the last one I did slow on purpose.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOR8pssq8VQ

Damn right Rage! Mind over Matter!!

weedlewott
06-03-09, 1:26 am
208. Don't know how I managed that one, but i'm up two pounds from a couple days ago. Aside from that, everything is going good. I'm getting in about 1 1/2 gallons of water a day. The half gallon during my WO. Cardio I shammed out on yesterday, but that's the first, and plan on making up for it today with an extra twenty minutes on the stepper.

Q
06-03-09, 5:20 am
Thanks for the travel tips Rage.

The bf reading comes from my scale, i know they arent too accurate, and I also had a caliper test done by a trainer at my gym. I have always figured that I carry weight pretty well as nobody can ever guess how much I actually weigh.

As for goals right now, I just want to start building a solid foundation. At this point I am thinking that i should lower my bf to a healthier point first. I do not have any plans to compete as of now, but if I had put a time frame on it I would have to say maybe in 2-3 years maybe longer...

Rage
06-03-09, 10:57 am
Damn right Rage! Mind over Matter!!

Sometimes you have to realize that a calorie is a calorie.

208. Don't know how I managed that one, but i'm up two pounds from a couple days ago. Aside from that, everything is going good. I'm getting in about 1 1/2 gallons of water a day. The half gallon during my WO. Cardio I shammed out on yesterday, but that's the first, and plan on making up for it today with an extra twenty minutes on the stepper.

Cut your carbs back 25 grams and up your cardio to 1 hour.

Thanks for the travel tips Rage.

The bf reading comes from my scale, i know they arent too accurate, and I also had a caliper test done by a trainer at my gym. I have always figured that I carry weight pretty well as nobody can ever guess how much I actually weigh.

As for goals right now, I just want to start building a solid foundation. At this point I am thinking that i should lower my bf to a healthier point first. I do not have any plans to compete as of now, but if I had put a time frame on it I would have to say maybe in 2-3 years maybe longer...

Healthy bf off season is about 12%. Lets get you to that point and build from there. Sound good?

InkdMuscle
06-03-09, 10:57 am
Boss, you have me at 45min of cardio right now. Im doing it on an eliptical. Would u say do the same time if i switch to the stair stepper. I did it yesterday and almost passed out. =D

Rage
06-03-09, 11:01 am
Boss, you have me at 45min of cardio right now. Im doing it on an eliptical. Would u say do the same time if i switch to the stair stepper. I did it yesterday and almost passed out. =D

That's fine. Just keep your heart rate between 120-130 bpm, no higher.

Q
06-03-09, 11:09 am
Healthy bf off season is about 12%. Lets get you to that point and build from there. Sound good?

Sounds good, well im off to sleep, legs last night then worked overnight= exhausted...

weedlewott
06-03-09, 1:08 pm
Cut your carbs back 25 grams and up your cardio to 1 hour.

On top of it boss. Would it be better to cut out the portions of each meal and keep that balance running, or cut one entirely? Because I think that cutting either the yams or the rice would make the 25g cut. But you're the expert and I'm not. Also, Shrimp would be a no go? Grilled, Lemon Pepper Seasoning? Also, how accurate would you say the height, weight, and taping of the neck and waist is so far as determining BF%?

Rage
06-03-09, 2:32 pm
On top of it boss. Would it be better to cut out the portions of each meal and keep that balance running, or cut one entirely? Because I think that cutting either the yams or the rice would make the 25g cut. But you're the expert and I'm not. Also, Shrimp would be a no go? Grilled, Lemon Pepper Seasoning? Also, how accurate would you say the height, weight, and taping of the neck and waist is so far as determining BF%?

Shrimp isn't nutrient dense so it doesn't make it a very good pick for protein. Lemon Pepper seasoning is fine. Hydrostatic bf tests are among the most accurate followed by a good technician behind some calipers. I would suggest either of those for better accuracy.

MrMuscles22
06-03-09, 3:36 pm
Hey brotha! I weighed in today and hanging @ the 290 mark. That was what i was 2 weeks ago and last week I weighed in @ 293.5 and today was back to 290. Do you want me to keep everything the same diet wise? I increased that cardio to an hour/day like you said and that just started this past saturday. For my first meal, you have it as 1c raw oats with 8oz top sirloin or 8 whole eggs. Could I split the protein up into 4oz top sir and 4 whole eggs instead of one or the other for a change? I usually do the 8 eggs because steak and oatmeal is really heavy in my stomach first thing.

Rage
06-03-09, 5:50 pm
Hey brotha! I weighed in today and hanging @ the 290 mark. That was what i was 2 weeks ago and last week I weighed in @ 293.5 and today was back to 290. Do you want me to keep everything the same diet wise? I increased that cardio to an hour/day like you said and that just started this past saturday. For my first meal, you have it as 1c raw oats with 8oz top sirloin or 8 whole eggs. Could I split the protein up into 4oz top sir and 4 whole eggs instead of one or the other for a change? I usually do the 8 eggs because steak and oatmeal is really heavy in my stomach first thing.

Keep it the same for another week and lets see what happens. You can split the eggs and top 50/50.

Rage
06-03-09, 6:48 pm
I'll be on vacation in Hawaii all of next week, so I'll be unavailable from June 7th until June 14th and back in the game on the 15th.

Mr. Dead
06-03-09, 6:51 pm
I'll be on vacation in Hawaii all of next week, so I'll be unavailable from June 7th until June 14th and back in the game on the 15th.

Do you still want me to call and let ya know how I did...?

Rage
06-03-09, 8:06 pm
Do you still want me to call and let ya know how I did...?

You better Saturday night after you finish!

MrMuscles22
06-03-09, 8:13 pm

Bro that's awesome! Have a good time man, you deserve it!

weedlewott
06-04-09, 5:09 am

Awesome. You work too hard. Ha. I think I've gotten everything back on track. Dropped 25g of carbs today and hit a run this morning. Weighed in at 205. I think I had a ton of water in me when I weighed last time, but I still feel good. Gonna stay on track with this one for a while. Quick question. Is it alright to do like 45mins of Cardio in the morning and then a 2 Mile Run for time in the afternoon? Enjoy your vacation man.

Rage
06-04-09, 9:24 am
Bro that's awesome! Have a good time man, you deserve it!

Thanks big guy.

Awesome. You work too hard. Ha. I think I've gotten everything back on track. Dropped 25g of carbs today and hit a run this morning. Weighed in at 205. I think I had a ton of water in me when I weighed last time, but I still feel good. Gonna stay on track with this one for a while. Quick question. Is it alright to do like 45mins of Cardio in the morning and then a 2 Mile Run for time in the afternoon? Enjoy your vacation man.

Thanks bro. That's no problem..I know you have to keep your times up.

InkdMuscle
06-04-09, 3:14 pm

have a great time boss, well deserved. bring me back a souvenir. LOL

Rage
06-04-09, 3:16 pm
have a great time boss, well deserved. bring me back a souvenir. LOL

Thanks bro..maybe a pineapple lol.

Pizzalamp
06-04-09, 7:03 pm
hello mr rage
i am having my bodyfat tested sat morning-im pretty sure im down a % because my abs are clearer-so ill let u know this sat
and what if i lose more weight next week? should i change the diet at all? i know youll be on vaca then so i want to be prepared just in case.

how many carbs is in 1/3 cup uncook rice? i was wondering how many total carbs im taking in

also my boss is taking us out to eat sun night?
i have no issues w/ getting chciken and salad-but i was just wondering if i should have a cheat meal or something?

thanks

Pizzalamp
06-05-09, 8:37 am
update

this morning i weighed 194lbs. so im down a pound again.

do i keep everything the same?

Rage
06-05-09, 9:24 am
hello mr rage
i am having my bodyfat tested sat morning-im pretty sure im down a % because my abs are clearer-so ill let u know this sat
and what if i lose more weight next week? should i change the diet at all? i know youll be on vaca then so i want to be prepared just in case.

how many carbs is in 1/3 cup uncook rice? i was wondering how many total carbs im taking in

also my boss is taking us out to eat sun night?
i have no issues w/ getting chciken and salad-but i was just wondering if i should have a cheat meal or something?

thanks

update

this morning i weighed 194lbs. so im down a pound again.

do i keep everything the same?

Your in good enough condition to have a cheat meal for 30 minutes Sunday evening. Your experiencing a safe drop in weight, so keep the diet up next week. There's about 140 grams of carbs in a cup of rice so your taking in about 45 grams or so with that 1/3 cup.

Pizzalamp
06-05-09, 10:19 pm
thanks

machineman
06-09-09, 11:00 pm
Warm up

Neck Press
Bar X 20
135 X 8
165 X 9

Incline DB Press
30 X 12
35 X 12
40 X 12
45 X 12
50 X 7 (no spotter and I was losing form)

Flat DB Flys (focused on bringing the db's down to chest level and contraction at the top)
25 X 15
30 X 15
35 X 15
40 X 15

Seated Alt Curls
15 X 15
25 X 15
30 X 15

Standing Hammer Curls
15 X 20
20 X 20

Machine Preacher Curl
45 X 10

Cardio
30 minutes (gym was closing and I got tossed out!!!)

Pizzalamp
06-10-09, 8:40 pm
rage i am down to 193.5 as of a few days ago

hope your vacation is going well

weedlewott
06-11-09, 7:27 am
Rage my good Sir.
I'm sitting at 202 and some change as of this morning. Everything is going well for me. I can see tone and I'm leaning up. I surprisingly haven't lost any strength. I was expecting it. 10 more to go. Hope you're enjoying your Vacation man. Do it up.

B Con
06-11-09, 7:53 am
Hope you're having a blast in Hawaii... let me know how it went!

Pizzalamp
06-12-09, 11:35 pm
rage i am down to 193.5 as of a few days ago

hope your vacation is going well

now im down to 192-192.5
abs are coming in very clear now
stomach is very flat all the time
lower abs are getting tighter

Pizzalamp
06-14-09, 10:22 am
ive noticed blue veins in my obliques...vasculairty has increased big time-especially in forearms
all the abs are in except for the lower abs...still a bit of fat on them

when i pinch the skin on my upper abs its kinda similar to the amt of skin on the back of my knuckles

now im down to 192-192.5
abs are coming in very clear now
stomach is very flat all the time
lower abs are getting tighter

Rage
06-15-09, 10:26 am
Thanks you guys. Had a great time out there in Hawaii. Ready to be back at it.

InkdMuscle
06-15-09, 3:37 pm
Boss,
Since you had me switch to DB from BB Its hard for me to go real heavy on Incline DB press rt after i go real heavy on flat. By the time i get to incline my chest is pretty fried. I know the answer is pretty simple just switch to incline first or is it.... Whats your take on it.

Rage
06-15-09, 3:53 pm
Boss,
Since you had me switch to DB from BB Its hard for me to go real heavy on Incline DB press rt after i go real heavy on flat. By the time i get to incline my chest is pretty fried. I know the answer is pretty simple just switch to incline first or is it.... Whats your take on it.

This should be dictated by the individual. Since I know your physique, you could benefit from starting out with DB Incline Press. Another approach would be to hit Flat DB Press first and follow it up with Incline DB Flyes. That will set the pecs on fire brother.

InkdMuscle
06-15-09, 3:58 pm
This should be dictated by the individual. Since I know your physique, you could benefit from starting out with DB Incline Press. Another approach would be to hit Flat DB Press first and follow it up with Incline DB Flyes. That will set the pecs on fire brother.

Sounds like a plan to me. Im gonna switch it up today then since today is chest/bi day.

Rage
06-15-09, 4:12 pm
Sounds like a plan to me. Im gonna switch it up today then since today is chest/bi day.

Another thing you can do is an A and B routine. 'A' could start with Incline DB Press and the following week 'B' you could start with Flat DB Press. Then you could follow up each one of those with the opposite Flat/Incline DB Flyes. Keeps things very well rounded.

Mr. Dead
06-15-09, 4:13 pm
I need to jump start some chest and lat growth... Any suggestions...?

InkdMuscle
06-15-09, 4:13 pm
Another thing you can do is an A and B routine. 'A' could start with Incline DB Press and the following week 'B' you could start with Flat DB Press. Then you could follow up each one of those with the opposite Flat/Incline DB Flyes. Keeps things very well rounded.

Ok so you are saying do flyes instead of the press. So if I do DB incline press do flat flyes. and vise versa? reasoning?

Rage
06-15-09, 6:56 pm
Ok so you are saying do flyes instead of the press. So if I do DB incline press do flat flyes. and vise versa? reasoning?

Yes. Doesn't allow the body to completely adapt.

InkdMuscle
06-15-09, 6:58 pm
Yes. Doesn't allow the body to completely adapt.

Youz gotz it mane*said with an italian soldier mafia voice. =D Ill let ya know how i feel with the switched up chest routine.

InkdMuscle
06-15-09, 7:09 pm
Forgot to ask sorry. But most not all say that when doing preachers and standing BB curls that your forearms get work'n so really no need to hit them directly. Since i have followed your journey you faithfully hit forearms. Whats your take and what would u suggest as far as the exercises go.

I have always done the reverse grip curl and wrist curls.

Rage
06-16-09, 10:27 am
Forgot to ask sorry. But most not all say that when doing preachers and standing BB curls that your forearms get work'n so really no need to hit them directly. Since i have followed your journey you faithfully hit forearms. Whats your take and what would u suggest as far as the exercises go.

I have always done the reverse grip curl and wrist curls.

Nothing hits those forearms like the reverse and wrist curls that your doing...I like to do about 3 sets of each once a week. It's primarily the radialis of the forearm that gets hit throughout the week.

InkdMuscle
06-16-09, 11:07 am
Nothing hits those forearms like the reverse and wrist curls that your doing...I like to do about 3 sets of each once a week. It's primarily the radialis of the forearm that gets hit throughout the week.

DOne deal i will continue...

Also i took your advice and switched to incline first. WHOLY CRAP WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!! I have been able to get up 110's before but not rep it. Yesterday i got up 105's 3x10 then drop set to 75's 1x15. Then when i did flat flyes i was able to use 90's for 4x12. It worked like a charm. Im sore as hell today!!!

Rage
06-16-09, 3:36 pm
DOne deal i will continue...

Also i took your advice and switched to incline first. WHOLY CRAP WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!! I have been able to get up 110's before but not rep it. Yesterday i got up 105's 3x10 then drop set to 75's 1x15. Then when i did flat flyes i was able to use 90's for 4x12. It worked like a charm. Im sore as hell today!!!

Awesome. Keep up the good work.

weedlewott
06-16-09, 3:43 pm
Okay. So I'm weighing in at roughly 204. Which is up two pounds. But... I've been on the road a lot and haven't gotten the chance to go verbatim with the diet and have been forced to "cheat" here and there. but I've kept it as clean as possible. Swear. I do have something for you though. I've lost half an inch on my waist, am definitely seeing a difference so far as tone goes, and my cardiovascular fitness has gone through the roof. My metabolism seems to be in overdrive. i don't know what exactly you did to me, but I love it and thank you. ha. I also haven't lost any strength in the gym as I was expecting. So that's a plus.

shortstack
06-16-09, 5:41 pm
Here's my question fo the day.

As you know, I'm packing on the weight for a show next October. Yeah that's a hell of a long bulk. Anyway, I need to start hitting the weights smarter and need your opinion.

I basically follow a 4 or 5 exercises per body part, 4 sets per exercise, med to heavy weight that allows 12 reps. Legs are obviously different, but I follow that same basic patters for everything. I don't max out on the first one and reduce weight, I usually finish my last set heavier than the first although not by much, just depends.

What's you opinion of a good strategy to follow. Start heavy and taper off to lighter sets or go light and increase as you go????

Thanks Bro,

Jeremy

Rage
06-16-09, 7:16 pm
Okay. So I'm weighing in at roughly 204. Which is up two pounds. But... I've been on the road a lot and haven't gotten the chance to go verbatim with the diet and have been forced to "cheat" here and there. but I've kept it as clean as possible. Swear. I do have something for you though. I've lost half an inch on my waist, am definitely seeing a difference so far as tone goes, and my cardiovascular fitness has gone through the roof. My metabolism seems to be in overdrive. i don't know what exactly you did to me, but I love it and thank you. ha. I also haven't lost any strength in the gym as I was expecting. So that's a plus.

It's not uncommon for you to experience a body comp change during the beginning phases of a diet. Some people put on some muscle while dropping some fat...that is most likely what your experiencing. Good work.

Here's my question fo the day.

As you know, I'm packing on the weight for a show next October. Yeah that's a hell of a long bulk. Anyway, I need to start hitting the weights smarter and need your opinion.

I basically follow a 4 or 5 exercises per body part, 4 sets per exercise, med to heavy weight that allows 12 reps. Legs are obviously different, but I follow that same basic patters for everything. I don't max out on the first one and reduce weight, I usually finish my last set heavier than the first although not by much, just depends.

What's you opinion of a good strategy to follow. Start heavy and taper off to lighter sets or go light and increase as you go????

Thanks Bro,

Jeremy

As you know, I'm a big advocate of low volume. I do a few warm up sets and then hit two working sets on most every body part. Depending on how I feel, I will usually go up in weight on the second of the two working sets. I also usually only do 3 exercises per body part. As for the long off season...I know what you mean. I'm on the tail end of a two year off season getting ready for Nationals. I look forward to seeing you tear it up out there bro!

Hollow
06-16-09, 7:45 pm
It's not uncommon for you to experience a body comp change during the beginning phases of a diet. Some people put on some muscle while dropping some fat...that is most likely what your experiencing. Good work.

As you know, I'm a big advocate of low volume. I do a few warm up sets and then hit two working sets on most every body part. Depending on how I feel, I will usually go up in weight on the second of the two working sets. I also usually only do 3 exercises per body part. As for the long off season...I know what you mean. I'm on the tail end of a two year off season getting ready for Nationals. I look forward to seeing you tear it up out there bro!

If I may be so bold to throw in my two cents here, I follow a similar program as Rage and it definitely makes a huge difference for packing on size and helping to increase overall strength.

Rage
06-17-09, 10:39 am
If I may be so bold to throw in my two cents here, I follow a similar program as Rage and it definitely makes a huge difference for packing on size and helping to increase overall strength.

And the difference between us here on the forum and the Bally Barbie and Ken dolls is that we walk the talk...we live the life. You are a great example of that.

shortstack
06-17-09, 11:21 am

Ok, so just so I got this right, I would do a few warm ups for each exercise, then lets say on chest and back day I would hit 2 sets of each for whatever reps I can handle? See if this looks about right.

Incline BB 2 x ?
Incline DB 2 x ?
Incline Flyes 2 x ?

Deads 2 x ?
Rows 2 x ?
Lat Pull Downs 2 x ?

Thanks guys, I'll try something new this week and see how it goes.

Hollow
06-17-09, 11:42 am
Ok, so just so I got this right, I would do a few warm ups for each exercise, then lets say on chest and back day I would hit 2 sets of each for whatever reps I can handle? See if this looks about right.

Incline BB 2 x ?
Incline DB 2 x ?
Incline Flyes 2 x ?

Deads 2 x ?
Rows 2 x ?
Lat Pull Downs 2 x ?

Thanks guys, I'll try something new this week and see how it goes.

That is correct shortstack. For warm up sets I generally hit three warm up sets for the first exercise, two warm up sets for the second exercise and by the time I hit the third exercise I don’t require a warm up set.

Hollow
06-17-09, 11:46 am
And the difference between us here on the forum and the Bally Barbie and Ken dolls is that we walk the talk...we live the life. You are a great example of that.

I greatly appreciate the kind words Rage. I owe you quite a lot for being where I am today in my training. You’ve answered many of my questions which has made a huge difference in how I train.

shortstack
06-17-09, 11:58 am
What are you generally hitting for rep ranges? I would consider a moderate weight something I can hit 6-8 times, and heavy like 1-3.

Thanks for the info.

Shortstack

Hollow
06-17-09, 12:47 pm
What are you generally hitting for rep ranges? I would consider a moderate weight something I can hit 6-8 times, and heavy like 1-3.

Thanks for the info.

Shortstack

Generally if I am going relatively heavy I will target 6 – 8 reps, 9 – 12 reps for a moderate weight and if I am taking a bit of break from heavy pressing I will hit around 12 – 15 reps.

shortstack
06-17-09, 1:11 pm
Thanks Bro, I'll see what kind of damage I can do on Friday.

Hollow
06-17-09, 1:14 pm
Thanks Bro, I'll see what kind of damage I can do on Friday.

No problem, glad to help out. Have a blast with it on Friday!

Rage
06-17-09, 3:04 pm

Thanks for the info.

Shortstack

If your looking to add muscle...6-8 is close and 1-3 is not going to do it. Stay in the range of 8 at the lowest and 20 on the high end. I like to stay right around 12 on most sets.

Rage
06-17-09, 3:05 pm
That is correct shortstack. For warm up sets I generally hit three warm up sets for the first exercise, two warm up sets for the second exercise and by the time I hit the third exercise I don’t require a warm up set.

This is correct.

machineman
06-17-09, 4:49 pm
legs from last night....

Warm Up
Bike
Leg Ext

Front Squats
35# ps in smith for warm up (really sucked...then rack opened up!!)
115 X 15
115 X 15
115 X 15

Leg Press (partial ROM) ss toe in/out calf raises
1 pps X 20 ss X 20 X 20
1 pps + 25 X 20 ss X 20 X 20
1 pps +50 X 20 ss X 20 X 20

Leg Extension
50 X 15
60 X 15
70 X 15
80 X 15

machineman
06-17-09, 4:57 pm
On the partial range of motion leg press, which range should I work? I have been working from just shy of a 90* bend in the knees to almost straight out.....should I also work the lowest range of motion as well? say full depth to just past 90*?

Rage
06-17-09, 8:45 pm
On the partial range of motion leg press, which range should I work? I have been working from just shy of a 90* bend in the knees to almost straight out.....should I also work the lowest range of motion as well? say full depth to just past 90*?

Great question right here. A lot depends on the individual...injuries, bio-mechanics and so forth. I personally like to go all the way down to the stoppers on my machine. I wrap my knees and do as much weight as I can for the reps at hand. The dangerous part about that is the added stress it can cause on the knees and the lower back since it will most likely leave the pad from going down so far. The general rule of thumb is to go down as far as you comfortably can to get the best range of motion for you personally. Don't worry about pushing a lot of weight. Working the muscle properly is much more important.

Mr. Dead
06-18-09, 12:13 pm
I need to jump start some chest and lat growth... Any suggestions...?

*Bump...*

Rage
06-18-09, 1:22 pm
*Bump...*

Part of accomplishing something is changing up your approach until you achieve your desired result. You emailed me your routine for both your chest and back, so if it's ok with you, I'll copy and post it here so that everyone can see some of the adjustments. Sound good?

Mr. Dead
06-18-09, 1:23 pm
Part of accomplishing something is changing up your approach until you achieve your desired result. You emailed me your routine for both your chest and back, so if it's ok with you, I'll copy and post it here so that everyone can see some of the adjustments. Sound good?

Whatever you say goes, boss...

Rage
06-18-09, 1:28 pm
I used to work in marketing for a guy named Tony Robbins. You may have seen one of his tv shows at one time or another. I have met and talked with him on a number of occasions in the late 80's and I have continued to learn a tremendous amount from him over the years through reading his books, listening to his CD's and watching his dvd's. I'm going to share with my fellow brothers, some of his work here and there. Here's a link to one of the latest email videos I received.

http://tonyrobbinstraining.com/205/freebookchapter/

Mr. Dead
06-18-09, 1:41 pm
I used to work in marketing for a guy named Tony Robbins. You may have seen one of his tv shows at one time or another. I have met and talked with him on a number of occasions in the late 80's and I have continued to learn a tremendous amount from him over the years through reading his books, listening to his CD's and watching his dvd's. I'm going to share with my fellow brothers, some of his work here and there. Here's a link to one of the latest email videos I received.

http://tonyrobbinstraining.com/205/freebookchapter/

Great stuff... (Didn't know you used to work for Tony...) I have the series he put out a few years back... Some seriously good stuff in there...

Firedrake
06-18-09, 4:24 pm
Rage,

My Hammer Strength Shoulder presses are up 80 lbs. in the past 12 weeks, my Machine lateral raises up 60 lbs. in the same time, and I'm making great progress in Dips, too -- I finally got some unassisted -- but I'm seeing little progress in CGBP, Pressdowns and some of the other triceps work. Why am I making great progress in some lifts and not others using the same muscles?

Rage
06-18-09, 5:06 pm
Great stuff... (Didn't know you used to work for Tony...) I have the series he put out a few years back... Some seriously good stuff in there...

The guy knows what the hell he's talking about.

Rage,

My Hammer Strength Shoulder presses are up 80 lbs. in the past 12 weeks, my Machine lateral raises up 60 lbs. in the same time, and I'm making great progress in Dips, too -- I finally got some unassisted -- but I'm seeing little progress in CGBP, Pressdowns and some of the other triceps work. Why am I making great progress in some lifts and not others using the same muscles?

On your CGBP your going for a concentrated feel in the triceps..do not go for PR's on them. When you can handle a certain weight while getting the feeling in the triceps them bump it up. Your triceps should certainly be at there weakest at the end of the tricep routine and after all that shoulder work. Again, no PR's on those push downs. Only go for feel.

Rage
06-18-09, 7:14 pm

First lets start with your current routine.

Sunday: Rest
Monday: Legs
Tuesday: Chest/tri's
Wed Back/Bi's
Thurs: Rest
Fri: Delts/traps
Sat: Tri's/Bi's/Forearms

Lets do a 4 day split as follows

Day 1 Chest/Tri's
Day 2 Quads/Hams
Day 3 Off
Day 4 Delts/Traps
Day 5 Back/Bi's
Day 6 Off
Day 7 Off

Working each muscle group once a week will make for some better gains. But don't get me wrong, your going to kill them once a week.

Mr. Dead
06-18-09, 7:17 pm

Wed Back/Bi's

Day 1 Chest/Tri's
Day 2 Quads/Hams
Day 3 Off
Day 4 Delts/Traps
Day 5 Back/Bi's
Day 6 Off
Day 7 Off

Working each muscle group once a week will make for some better gains. But don't get me wrong, your going to kill them once a week.

Got it... And, killing is a beautiful thing...

Mr. Dead
06-18-09, 7:30 pm

Wed Back/Bi's

Day 1 Chest/Tri's
Day 2 Quads/Hams
Day 3 Off
Day 4 Delts/Traps
Day 5 Back/Bi's
Day 6 Off
Day 7 Off

Calves and abs...?

Rage
06-18-09, 7:52 pm
Pull back on the rotations for the abs to 1 set of 300 (100 per side and in the front) like you were doing for the show prep. Do this after Day 1 and 4 routines, so twice a week. Hit calves once a week where it fits best for you. Do two exercises for three working sets in the 30 - 50 rep range. They can take a lot of abuse and volume.

Rage
06-18-09, 8:30 pm

So now lets take a look at your current chest and back routines and change a couple things up.

Here's the routines your following now..

Chest
Hammer Strength Incline BP:
2 sets of 15 at 110
Incline DB BP:
2 sets of 15 at 45 per side
Wide grip Hammer Strength BP:
2 working sets of 15 at 200 (Did 3 warm-up sets, of varied weights...)
Cable Crossover:
1 set of 12 at 60 "
1 set of 12 at 80 "
Decline DB Press:
2 sets of 12 at 55
Decline Hammer Strength BP:
1 set of 13 at 180
1 set of 12 at 240
1 set of 6 at 270
Pec Deck:
1 set of 12 at 145
1 set of 12 at 160
1 set of 6 at 195
(Dropsets to failure at 10-15 reps...)
Back:
Db Rows:
1 set of 15 with a 60lb DB
1 set of 15 with a 65 lb DB
1 set of 8 with a 70 lb DB
Wide grip pull-downs
3 sets of 21's at 165 (Held the contraction for 2 count, each rep...)
Hammer Strength rows:
2 sets of 15 at 100 per side
Close grip pull downs:
2 sets of 15 at 160 (Held contraction for 2 count, each rep...) Seated
rows:
2 sets of 15 at 140 (Held contraction for 2 count, each rep...)
Underhand BOR's
1 set of 15 at 100
1 set of 12 at 130
(Dropset to failure...)

For chest lets try this..

Hammer Incline Press 2 x 10
Flat DB Flyes 2 x 10
Hammer Decline 2 x 10

For back lets try this..

Dead Lifts or T Bar Rows 2 x 10
Wide Grip Pulldowns 2 x 10
DB Rows 2 x 10

With each of these heavy sets for both body parts, continue working towards a personal best for the same weight for the two sets in the beginning. Say the first 4 - 6 weeks and then we will go up a bit on the second set. You should always be pushing the envelope on each lift.

Mr. Dead
06-19-09, 1:00 pm
Got it... Will start this, with Monday being day 1...

Mr. Dead
06-19-09, 2:14 pm
Got it... Will start this, with Monday being day 1...

Will be posting it up in here:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=26167

InkdMuscle
06-19-09, 4:11 pm
Boss, since u know my physique and my chest is so so. But since I wanna bring it up. Do u think training it twice weekly for a stretch then back to normal is okay. Whats your take on it.

Rage
06-19-09, 6:48 pm
Will be posting it up in here:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=26167

Sounds great bro!

Rage
06-19-09, 7:09 pm
Boss, since u know my physique and my chest is so so. But since I wanna bring it up. Do u think training it twice weekly for a stretch then back to normal is okay. Whats your take on it.

The only time I've ever been able to successfully pull that off was prepping for the squatting contest at the Arnold. I had Russell hit my legs with deep tissue once a week and I alternated a Monday/Thursday one week and a Wednesday the following week. But still never twice a week for two or more consecutive weeks. I also did hot/cold treatment after each workout to aid in recovery. So if you want to go through all that trouble then I think it works. Otherwise, just use more of a priority training approach. Put chest first thing on Monday and fucking kill it....empty the tank.

whosnexttt
06-19-09, 7:13 pm
So now lets take a look at your current chest and back routines and change a couple things up.

Here's the routines your following now..

Chest
Hammer Strength Incline BP:
2 sets of 15 at 110
Incline DB BP:
2 sets of 15 at 45 per side
Wide grip Hammer Strength BP:
2 working sets of 15 at 200 (Did 3 warm-up sets, of varied weights...)
Cable Crossover:
1 set of 12 at 60 "
1 set of 12 at 80 "
Decline DB Press:
2 sets of 12 at 55
Decline Hammer Strength BP:
1 set of 13 at 180
1 set of 12 at 240
1 set of 6 at 270
Pec Deck:
1 set of 12 at 145
1 set of 12 at 160
1 set of 6 at 195
(Dropsets to failure at 10-15 reps...)
Back:
Db Rows:
1 set of 15 with a 60lb DB
1 set of 15 with a 65 lb DB
1 set of 8 with a 70 lb DB
Wide grip pull-downs
3 sets of 21's at 165 (Held the contraction for 2 count, each rep...)
Hammer Strength rows:
2 sets of 15 at 100 per side
Close grip pull downs:
2 sets of 15 at 160 (Held contraction for 2 count, each rep...) Seated
rows:
2 sets of 15 at 140 (Held contraction for 2 count, each rep...)
Underhand BOR's
1 set of 15 at 100
1 set of 12 at 130
(Dropset to failure...)

For chest lets try this..

Hammer Incline Press 2 x 10
Flat DB Flyes 2 x 10
Hammer Decline 2 x 10

For back lets try this..

Dead Lifts or T Bar Rows 2 x 10
Wide Grip Pulldowns 2 x 10
DB Rows 2 x 10

With each of these heavy sets for both body parts, continue working towards a personal best for the same weight for the two sets in the beginning. Say the first 4 - 6 weeks and then we will go up a bit on the second set. You should always be pushing the envelope on each lift.

looks good!!

InkdMuscle
06-19-09, 7:30 pm
The only time I've ever been able to successfully pull that off was prepping for the squatting contest at the Arnold. I had Russell hit my legs with deep tissue once a week and I alternated a Monday/Thursday one week and a Wednesday the following week. But still never twice a week for two or more consecutive weeks. I also did hot/cold treatment after each workout to aid in recovery. So if you want to go through all that trouble then I think it works. Otherwise, just use more of a priority training approach. Put chest first thing on Monday and fucking kill it....empty the tank.

OK this is what I do for chest:

DB incline: 1xwarm up
3xworking sets

DB Flys Flat: 4xworking

Guillotines: 4xWorking

So can i add cable cross overs and peck deck and and some machine work. or would that be over kill.

Rage
06-22-09, 10:03 am
OK this is what I do for chest:

DB incline: 1xwarm up
3xworking sets

DB Flys Flat: 4xworking

Guillotines: 4xWorking

So can i add cable cross overs and peck deck and and some machine work. or would that be over kill.

Are you still on a cut? Either way you can still cut back at least one working set on both the flat and guillotines.

InkdMuscle
06-22-09, 10:56 am
Are you still on a cut? Either way you can still cut back at least one working set on both the flat and guillotines.

Yeah I am still on a cut but with a lil more carbs and cardio. Im having about 50g a day right now of brown rice. cuz u know how me and yams are. =D

Rage
06-22-09, 2:53 pm
Yeah I am still on a cut but with a lil more carbs and cardio. Im having about 50g a day right now of brown rice. cuz u know how me and yams are. =D

Ok, then pull back to 2 working sets on each exercise and empty the tank on the last exercise....go to failure on each of the two sets.

Pizzalamp
06-22-09, 10:13 pm
rage
im not sure if i asked u this b4 but

whats the deals w veins
on my forearms i have thick veins and on my bicep too...now theyre not wrath pipelines, but theyre thick

but on the rest of my body, like delts, obliques, serratus, calves, lats, etc...i have blue veins

whats going on? why dont i have thick veins...but instead blue veins?

thank u

Rage
06-23-09, 10:15 am
rage
im not sure if i asked u this b4 but

whats the deals w veins
on my forearms i have thick veins and on my bicep too...now theyre not wrath pipelines, but theyre thick

but on the rest of my body, like delts, obliques, serratus, calves, lats, etc...i have blue veins

whats going on? why dont i have thick veins...but instead blue veins?

thank u

Most guys hold their fat in the areas you just mentioned aren't showing much vascularity. While it's nice to have it, it doesn't win shows. Also, dehydration has an impact on vascularity as well as carbs. My quads were super veiny leading up to my show and as my carbs remained low and then dropping water, I got up on stage without much vascularity. Still won, but it is cool to have them. Guys are typically lean in the areas you personally are showing a strong presence of vasculaity, so thats probably why your seeing them. If you leaned all the way out, then carbed up, you would probably have them popping out all over.

weedlewott
06-23-09, 10:30 am
Rage.. Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Hectic scheduling and all that. I wanna say thank you for helping. i'm down to 202 and I lost two inches on my waist. Solid work. Now that the PT Test is outta the way, I'm probably gonna start a clean bulk and keep the calories to just over 2500 and what not. I managed to keep my strength going. Also, in case you want to know, I smoked both my PT test and DL Comp.
80 pushups in 2 min
81 situps in 2 min
14:11 two mile run

495 to win the comp. Thanks for your help.

Rage
06-23-09, 10:40 am
Rage.. Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Hectic scheduling and all that. I wanna say thank you for helping. i'm down to 202 and I lost two inches on my waist. Solid work. Now that the PT Test is outta the way, I'm probably gonna start a clean bulk and keep the calories to just over 2500 and what not. I managed to keep my strength going. Also, in case you want to know, I smoked both my PT test and DL Comp.
80 pushups in 2 min
81 situps in 2 min
14:11 two mile run

495 to win the comp. Thanks for your help.

That is awesome bro...you've got the discipline to see it through...great job! Enjoyed working with you.

weedlewott
06-23-09, 10:56 am
That is awesome bro...you've got the discipline to see it through...great job! Enjoyed working with you.

I will be requesting your assistance once again in the near future. Lol. I appreciate you helping though for real.

Rage
06-23-09, 12:50 pm
I will be requesting your assistance once again in the near future. Lol. I appreciate you helping though for real.

That's what I'm here for bro...but you did the work. Look forward to working with you again bro.

Mr. Dead
06-23-09, 3:14 pm
Are you trying to kill me...? *LOL* Chest started out being just a little sore, and has now progressed to being VERY sore...

Rage
06-23-09, 4:10 pm
Are you trying to kill me...? *LOL* Chest started out being just a little sore, and has now progressed to being VERY sore...

Now that's a beautiful thing there....now we're talking my brother. We're going to get you up there and looking more solid than ever next year. Keep pushing the envelope.

Firedrake
06-23-09, 4:31 pm

*snort* Sounds like when I first started with him, and he neglected to tell me not to do cardio on leg day! I called him up and asked "Are you TRYING to scare me off?!" My chest is sore from yesterday -- I can't wait to see what happens after today's leg session.

Mr. Dead
06-23-09, 4:36 pm
Now that's a beautiful thing there....now we're talking my brother. We're going to get you up there and looking more solid than ever next year. Keep pushing the envelope.

Definitely ready to do some growin'...

*snort* Sounds like when I first started with him, and he neglected to tell me not to do cardio on leg day! I called him up and asked "Are you TRYING to scare me off?!" My chest is sore from yesterday -- I can't wait to see what happens after today's leg session.

Oh, he didn't tell you about not doing cardio on leg days, as well...? I think I see a pattern here... *LOL*

Rage
06-23-09, 6:47 pm

Definitely ready to do some growin'...

Oh, he didn't tell you about not doing cardio on leg days, as well...? I think I see a pattern here... *LOL*

Oh come on you guys...you don't think I would do something like that on purpose right....? Well, maybe in the beginning lol.

Mr. Dead
06-23-09, 6:48 pm
Oh come on you guys...you don't think I would do something like that on purpose right....? Well, maybe in the beginning lol.

Uhm... I plead the 5th... (I still want to have some carbs... *LOL*)

Rage
06-23-09, 7:12 pm
Uhm... I plead the 5th... (I still want to have some carbs... *LOL*)

The thing is..I can only get away with this the first time I work with you and thats it...a sick person like me has to have a little fun lol.

Mr. Dead
06-23-09, 7:14 pm
The thing is..I can only get away with this the first time I work with you and thats it...a sick person like me has to have a little fun lol.

*LOL* True...

Firedrake
06-23-09, 7:14 pm

Yeah well, your sort of fun is, shall we say, "creative" . . . you are the JeDIET master . . .

Rage
06-23-09, 7:30 pm
*LOL* True...

Yeah well, your sort of fun is, shall we say, "creative" . . . you are the JeDIET master . . .

LOL

DANO
06-23-09, 7:46 pm
Hey Rage, After I break the 200lb mark I'll be looking you up to lean out!

Rage
06-23-09, 8:00 pm
Hey Rage, After I break the 200lb mark I'll be looking you up to lean out!

I'll be waiting bro...I'll get you locked on and leaned out.

Rage
06-24-09, 10:07 am
I have been asked many times, what I charge for handling contest prep or off season mass diets for my forum brothers. I want to make sure everyone knows that I do not charge my FORVM brothers. In this place, I am a servant of the iron. I only ask two things of the people I train..

1. Do what I tell you to do when I tell you to do it.

2. Your commitment

Mr. Dead
06-24-09, 10:47 am
I have been asked many times, what I charge for handling contest prep or off season mass diets for my forum brothers. I want to make sure everyone knows that I do not charge my FORVM brothers. In this place, I am a servant of the iron. I only ask two things of the people I train..

2. Your commitment

And, I for one, am truly thankful... Even if you are a bit sadistic... *LOL* But so am I...

weedlewott
06-24-09, 10:57 am
I have been asked many times, what I charge for handling contest prep or off season mass diets for my FORVM brothers. I want to make sure everyone knows that I do not charge my forum brothers. In this place, I am a servant of the iron. I only ask two things of the people I train..

2. Your commitment

This is a ridiculous claim.. You charged me... If I remember correctly, the total came out to be about 15lbs. Yep.. Something along those lines.. Lol. Thank you Rage for all of your help.

P.S.
(it really was free of charge in case you didn't catch the sarcasm...)

Rage
06-24-09, 12:25 pm
And, I for one, am truly thankful... Even if you are a bit sadistic... *LOL* But so am I...

This is a ridiculous claim.. You charged me... If I remember correctly, the total came out to be about 15lbs. Yep.. Something along those lines.. Lol. Thank you Rage for all of your help.

P.S.
(it really was free of charge in case you didn't catch the sarcasm...)

LOL. You guys are a couple of the Animals that produced some great results and I'm proud of both you. Sometimes the two things I ask are too high of a price for some to pay. But not you guys.

Mr. Dead
06-24-09, 1:15 pm
LOL. You guys are a couple of the Animals that produced some great results and I'm proud of both you. Sometimes the two things I ask are too high of a price for some to pay. But not you guys.

As I've stated many times... You say it... I do it... Keeps things simple, that way... *LOL*

Rage
06-24-09, 1:49 pm
Rage's Pre-Contest Routine:

A, B and C represent different routines from week to week.

Week A: Day 1 - Chest & Biceps:
Neck press (barbell) 3 x failure
Incline Dumbbell 2 x 12
Flat dumbbell flyes 2 x 12
Seated alternating curls 3 x 15
Standing Hammer curls 2 x 20
Machine preacher curls 1 x failure

Week B: Day 1 - Chest & Biceps:
Incline barbell press 3 x 12
Flat dumbbell press 3 x 12
Body weight dips 2 x failure
Cambered bar reverse curls 3 x 15
Double arm dumbbell curls 2 x 15
Double arm cable curls 2 x failure

Week A: Day 2: Quads & Hamstrings:
Leg press 3 x 50 (yes, that's 50!)
Squats 2 x 20
Leg ext. 3 x 20
Lying leg curl 3 x 12
Standing single leg curls 2 x 12-15

Week B: Day 2: Quads:
Front squats 3 x 15
Single leg, leg press 3 x 20 (short range of motion)
Leg ext. 2 x 15

Day 3: off

Week A: Day 4: Back, Traps & Delts:
Bent over rows 3 x 15
Close grip pull-ups 3 x failure
Straight arm pull-downs 2 x 15
Standing dumbbell shrugs 3 x 50 (Heavy as you can. Yes, that's another 50!)
Reverse flyes 3 x 15

Week B: Day 4: Back, Traps & Delts:
Alternating dumbbell rows 3 x 15 (heavy as you can)
V-bar pull downs 3 x failure
Dumbbell pull-overs 2 x 15
Standing barbell shrugs 3 work sets (heavier each set) No less than 20 reps
Dumbbell reverse flyes 3 x 15

Week C: Day 4: Delts:
Single arm reverse flyes 3 x 15

Week A: Day 5: Delts & Triceps:
Seated dumbbell press 3 x 15
Standing dumbbell front laterals 2x 15
Dumbbell Seated side laterals 3x 15
Close grip bench 3 x 8 (heavy)
Dumbbell kick backs 2 x 15
Cable press downs 1 x failure (burnout)

Week B: Day 5: Delts & Triceps:
Standing barbell presses 3 x 12 (heavy)
Machine presses 2 x failure
Side laterals 3 x 15
Triceps press downs 3 x 12
Skull Crushers 2 x 12
Body wt dips (partials) 2 x failure

ghost
06-24-09, 2:00 pm
with a routine like that, it is no wonder you are a Pro.

fatbackgoal
06-24-09, 4:17 pm
I see only one workout in week C. Am I missing something?

Firedrake
06-24-09, 4:31 pm
Careful, boss - you're giving away your "secrets". <grin>

I can only say that your help has been invaluable to me . . . I was in the Army. I follow orders well, and complete the mission.

I remember how surprised I was when you first told me you didn't charge. With all the time you've spent listening to me bitch, heaven knows you have earned every penny <grin>.

So: should I work lower next week on the squats, or add a little more wait to bring the bar further down on the shoulders to stop the leaning?

Rage
06-24-09, 5:46 pm
I see only one workout in week C. Am I missing something?

Thats the third week routine for rear delts. The workout is actually the same as A. Good catch.

Rage
06-24-09, 5:49 pm
Careful, boss - you're giving away your "secrets". <grin>

I can only say that your help has been invaluable to me . . . I was in the Army. I follow orders well, and complete the mission.

I remember how surprised I was when you first told me you didn't charge. With all the time you've spent listening to me bitch, heaven knows you have earned every penny <grin>.

So: should I work lower next week on the squats, or add a little more wait to bring the bar further down on the shoulders to stop the leaning?

Seeing the results you've gotten is reward enough for me. I want you to work a little lower with that same weight first. Try setting the bar back just a bit more and lets see if that helps the leaning a bit.

shortstack
06-25-09, 3:22 pm
Hey Bro, since you're always in such a giving mood, (awsome pre contect schedule by the way), and you know that I'm looking to get Rage HUGE, what do you consider a good off season schedule?

I'm already using your advice on doing some warm ups and then hitting 2 working sets of 8+ reps. Now I'm wondering if I should make it real simple and instead of my current schedule, (Mon-Arms, Wed-Shoulder & Calves, Fri-Chest & Back, Sun-Legs), if I should try a Chest, Back, Legs routine?

What's your opinion?

Thanks Big T

Jeremy

Mr. Dead
06-25-09, 3:33 pm
And, what's a good "Growing Season" supp stack...?

shortstack
06-25-09, 3:47 pm
Hey Dead, I think you and I are on the same plan. I was thinking about that question right after I posted but thought I'd better not over whelm Rage with too many questions.
Nice

See ya bro,
Shortstack

Rage
06-26-09, 10:16 am
Hey Bro, since you're always in such a giving mood, (awsome pre contect schedule by the way), and you know that I'm looking to get Rage HUGE, what do you consider a good off season schedule?

I'm already using your advice on doing some warm ups and then hitting 2 working sets of 8+ reps. Now I'm wondering if I should make it real simple and instead of my current schedule, (Mon-Arms, Wed-Shoulder & Calves, Fri-Chest & Back, Sun-Legs), if I should try a Chest, Back, Legs routine?

What's your opinion?

Thanks Big T

Jeremy

And, what's a good "Growing Season" supp stack...?

Hey Dead, I think you and I are on the same plan. I was thinking about that question right after I posted but thought I'd better not over whelm Rage with too many questions.
Nice

See ya bro,
Shortstack

I'll post up my suggested Off Season Training Routine here in a bit. When it comes to the supps, I always go with 1 Animal Pak a day, 1 Stak, 1 Pump, 1 Nitro, I cycle in some Test and I'm a big fan of N1T. I also use Universals Glutamine powder. Now when it comes to the calorie supps, it depends on the individual as to what we can use. Body fat and metabolism play a big role. I typically go with Real Gains and Ultra Iso Whey to fill in where necessary.

Rage
06-26-09, 10:22 am
So get this...imagine me out on a golf course..yesterday I went out to the Jayden DeLeca Foundation Golf Tournement for Bodybuilding.com. I was the only bodybuilder out there on the course supporting the event. I actually didn't do too terribly bad seeing as though it was the first time I had played in 4 years and I've put on about 70 lbs since I last played. Needless to say I couldn't swing the club back or forward as far as I used to, so it was pretty comical to watch. Thank God the CEO Ryan DeLuca and I were on the same team because we both played about the same lol. Had a great time though and it was all about supporting the cause. Sometimes it's not about how you perform in those situations, it's all about being there to show your support.

shortstack
06-26-09, 10:44 am
I was in the same boat last week on the course. I haven't played in about 3 years and yeah the back swing was a lot shorter than it was when I was 150. haha
Nice job on reppin the big boys.

Mr. Dead
06-26-09, 11:14 am
*Only plays "Outlaw Golf" on the PS2...*

Big C
06-26-09, 11:16 am
Hahaha that's true Rage....thanks for sharing that story. The last time my dad drug me out to golf I swung so hard and got my club stuck in the ground, hurt my back. Kept me out of the gym for a couple weeks. Been too hesitant to play any golf since that incident! I couldn't imagine swinging a club now that I'm about 60 lbs. heavier lol.

So get this...imagine me out on a golf course..yesterday I went out to the Jayden DeLeca Foundation Golf Tournement for Bodybuilding.com. I was the only bodybuilder out there on the course supporting the event. I actually didn't do too terribly bad seeing as though it was the first time I had played in 4 years and I've put on about 70 lbs since I last played. Needless to say I couldn't swing the club back or forward as far as I used to, so it was pretty comical to watch. Thank God the CEO Ryan DeLuca and I were on the same team because we both played about the same lol. Had a great time though and it was all about supporting the cause. Sometimes it's not about how you perform in those situations, it's all about being there to show your support.

Rage
06-26-09, 2:23 pm
I was in the same boat last week on the course. I haven't played in about 3 years and yeah the back swing was a lot shorter than it was when I was 150. haha
Nice job on reppin the big boys.

Thanks bro! Great people out there.

*Only plays "Outlaw Golf" on the PS2...*

Now that levels the playing field a bit lol.

Hahaha that's true Rage....thanks for sharing that story. The last time my dad drug me out to golf I swung so hard and got my club stuck in the ground, hurt my back. Kept me out of the gym for a couple weeks. Been too hesitant to play any golf since that incident! I couldn't imagine swinging a club now that I'm about 60 lbs. heavier lol.

LOL...now thats a fucking funny story bro! Thats a good visual.

Rage
06-26-09, 8:30 pm
Wow! Crazy shit going on with the contest I have going in Livin. Got moved over there because the response was pretty huge. You guys are really in for quite a treat with this thing getting as big as it is now. A shit ton of honor on the line. If you haven't signed up, better hurry because time is running out...

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=26303

Menace
06-28-09, 11:07 am
Hey Rage,
When are you announcing your picks for the contest?

newbreed
06-28-09, 12:00 pm
Wow! Crazy shit going on with the contest I have going in Livin. Got moved over there because the response was pretty huge. You guys are really in for quite a treat with this thing getting as big as it is now. A shit ton of honor on the line. If you haven't signed up, better hurry because time is running out...

I signed up. This is a HUGE chance of a lifetime bro. Be an idiot to pass this up.

Big C
06-28-09, 1:29 pm
I too would like to know but I understand if a date for the picks isn't available yet.

Hey Rage,

weedlewott
06-28-09, 1:30 pm
I too would like to know but I understand if a date for the picks isn't available yet.

Yep. I'm hoping to get picked myself. I gotta get big.

Menace
06-28-09, 8:43 pm

You said it man. i've been busting my ass since march trying to pack on as much weight as possible. I'm really hoping i get picked as well. Much needed. Best of luck to everyone.

cap527
06-29-09, 9:06 am
how many grams of creatine are in Universal's Storm?

Rage
06-29-09, 9:08 am
Hey Rage,

I signed up. This is a HUGE chance of a lifetime bro. Be an idiot to pass this up.

You said it man. i've been busting my ass since march trying to pack on as much weight as possible. I'm really hoping i get picked as well. Much needed. Best of luck to everyone.

What started out pretty small has turned into a larger event now. I have picked some judges. They will now be assembling and setting up the time frame, selecting the contestants and setting the parameters for the contest. I've got all your guys' backs wether your selected or not. I wish all you guys the best of luck on getting selected because the perks are really kick ass and very helpful.

Universal Rep
06-29-09, 9:53 am

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=26303

Sounds like it's gonna be a wild ride brother...

Mr. Dead
06-29-09, 10:38 am
What started out pretty small has turned into a larger event now. I have picked some judges. They will now be assembling and setting up the time frame, selecting the contestants and setting the parameters for the contest. I've got all your guys' backs wether your selected or not. I wish all you guys the best of luck on getting selected because the perks are really kick ass and very helpful.

Picked or not, I'll still be bustin' my ass to get HUUUGE!!!

Rage
06-29-09, 2:12 pm
We had a great time out there on Muscle Beach!

http://phramedphotography.shutterfly.com

odanfre
06-29-09, 2:32 pm
alright so I'm a swimmer, I'm 17 and new to bodybuilding, I first became aware of this place through my brother David, he's an incredible body builder, he's very disciplined and consistent with his workouts and diets. For the past few days I've been going to the gym with him, and following some of his diets. I have to admit it, I like it. since I started working out with him, there's a noticeable change in my body structure and physique, my chest and back got a lot bigger, my shoulders and triceps remained the same, and my rib muscles became noticeable even tho we never worked out our abdominal region.
so my new goal its to get bigger, but not so big, and work more on stamina than strength, getting cut and keep a low body fat % would be ideal.
so here's what I need help with:
It would be awesome if someone could point me out to a workout or make one for me
5 days a week would be awesome, I need to work all my muscles, including legs and my abdominal region, and no need to worry about the cardio, I swim an hour+ every day, but if running in the treadmill its needed I will do so.

P.S: Rage sorry I don't know you, but I expect every PRO from animal pak to be the best, my brother has been with you guys for almost 6 years now, and he's a big fun of yours and Machine

Rage
06-29-09, 2:42 pm
alright so I'm a swimmer, I'm 17 and new to bodybuilding, I first became aware of this place through my brother David, he's an incredible body builder, he's very disciplined and consistent with his workouts and diets. For the past few days I've been going to the gym with him, and following some of his diets. I have to admit it, I like it. since I started working out with him, there's a noticeable change in my body structure and physique, my chest and back got a lot bigger, my shoulders and triceps remained the same, and my rib muscles became noticeable even tho we never worked out our abdominal region.
so my new goal its to get bigger, but not so big, and work more on stamina than strength, getting cut and keep a low body fat % would be ideal.
so here's what I need help with:
It would be awesome if someone could point me out to a workout or make one for me
5 days a week would be awesome, I need to work all my muscles, including legs and my abdominal region, and no need to worry about the cardio, I swim an hour+ every day, but if running in the treadmill its needed I will do so.

P.S: Rage sorry I don't know you, but I expect every PRO from animal pak to be the best, my brother has been with you guys for almost 6 years now, and he's a big fun of yours and Machine

I'm honored that your first post is to me. I can identify with you since I trained as a sprinter in high school and didn't want to get get too big and slow down my performance on the track. It would be beneficial for you to follow my pre contest prep routine posted earlier in this thread, but take all of the reps and change them to 20 for each and every exercise. Also, do not take anything to failure. Just pick a weight that you can comfortably do 2 sets for 20 reps. Do this for 2 months and let me know how your body responds.

Mr. Dead
06-29-09, 2:47 pm
We had a great time out there on Muscle Beach!

http://phramedphotography.shutterfly.com

Wish I could have been there, looked like a total blast!!!

Rage
06-29-09, 2:53 pm
Day 1 - Arms:

Triceps pushdowns 2 x 10
Partial Dips weighted 2 x 10
Dumbbell Triceps Ext 2 x 10
Incline Dumbbell curls 2 x 10
Hammer Curls 2 x 10
Cable Curls 2 x 10
Abs

Day 2 - Quads, Hamstrings

Leg Extension-pre-exhaust 3 x 50/40/30
Leg Press 2 x 15
Squats 2 x 10
Lying Leg Curls 3 x 10
Standing Leg Curls 2 x 10

Day 3 - Off

Day 4 - Chest & Shoulders:

Barbell or DB Press 2 x 10
Incline DB Flyes 2 x 10
Decline BB Press 2 x 10
Smith Military Press 2 x 10
Dumbbell Shoulder Press 2 x 10
Side Laterals 2 x 10

Day 5 - Back, Traps, Rear Delts and Calves:

Deadlift or T Bar Rows 2 x 10
Dumbbell Rows 2 x 10
Wide Grip Pull Downs 2 x 10
Bent Laterals 2 x 10
Barbell Shrugs 2 x 20
Calf Extensions 4 x 25
Calf Raises 4 x 25

Day 6 & 7 - Off

shortstack
06-29-09, 3:20 pm
That's what I was looking for Rage.

If I don't get picked for the other mass program, I'll be starting this one on Monday.

Thanks Bro,

Shortstack

odanfre
06-29-09, 3:25 pm
I'm honored that your first post is to me. I can identify with you since I trained as a sprinter in high school and didn't want to get get too big and slow down my performance on the track. It would be beneficial for you to follow my pre contest prep routine posted earlier in this thread, but take all of the reps and change them to 20 for each and every exercise. Also, do not take anything to failure. Just pick a weight that you can comfortably do 2 sets for 20 reps. Do this for 2 months and let me know how your body responds.

thank you
so pretty much do all of the exercises 2 sets 20x reps right?
and should I still do my swimming work out afterward? I normally do 1 day length 1 day sprints an hour each
and how about diets?
I've gotten used to the habit of eating 2 boiled eggs a cup of milk and half a cup of oats an hour before working out

BigDubbDiesel
06-29-09, 4:56 pm
ill be trying this out next week, sick session at muscle beach, thats awesome, i gotta make it out there to train sometime...oh and im dying to see who gets picked for the contest...

In Flames
06-29-09, 5:48 pm
Rage, how long do you usually rest between sets?

boomhizzle
06-29-09, 6:55 pm
what kinds of weights should i use for each lift, especially the 'til failure ones?

mritter3
06-29-09, 7:37 pm
rage thanks for posting the mass training plan, im hoping to get picked, but if not thanks for the layout, good to know regardless if we are chosen or not you still got our backs.

Mr. Aestheticz
06-29-09, 7:49 pm
Always Willing To Pick A Man Who Knows So Much About Dieting And Training!

Always Looking For New Ideas, Routines, And Knowledge!

Thanks For Dropping And Sharing With Us Skinny....i Mean Big Guy ;0)

...easy!!!

Rage
06-30-09, 10:25 am
[QUOTE=boomhizzle;745387]what kinds of weights should i use for each lift, especially the 'til failure ones?[/QUOTE

Great question! Thank you for asking it. On the Cutting routine you want to use a weight that you can get at least 12 reps, then empty the tank. This depletes the glycogen stores (although temporary) and makes your cardio that much more productive.

Rage
06-30-09, 10:30 am
That's what I was looking for Rage.

If I don't get picked for the other mass program, I'll be starting this one on Monday.

Thanks Bro,

Shortstack

Glad to help bro...get after it.

thank you
so pretty much do all of the exercises 2 sets 20x reps right?
and should I still do my swimming work out afterward? I normally do 1 day length 1 day sprints an hour each
and how about diets?
I've gotten used to the habit of eating 2 boiled eggs a cup of milk and half a cup of oats an hour before working out

Thats right. Definitely keep doing your sport specific training routine on top of the weight training. They will compliment each other. Put your protein at a gram per pound of bodyweight and your carbs at around 2-3 grams per pound. If you start to put on too much weight, leave the protein the same and back off the carbs 50 grams a day from week to week till your at your desired performance and look. That pre workout meal looks good.

ill be trying this out next week, sick session at muscle beach, thats awesome, i gotta make it out there to train sometime...oh and im dying to see who gets picked for the contest...

Me too!

Rage, how long do you usually rest between sets?

A couple minutes for small body parts and maybe 5-8 minutes for large.

rage thanks for posting the mass training plan, im hoping to get picked, but if not thanks for the layout, good to know regardless if we are chosen or not you still got our backs.

You bet bro.

Always Willing To Pick A Man Who Knows So Much About Dieting And Training!

Always Looking For New Ideas, Routines, And Knowledge!

Thanks For Dropping And Sharing With Us Skinny....i Mean Big Guy ;0)

...easy!!!

LOL..here for ya bro.

OklahomaMuscle
06-30-09, 11:00 am
Ok time for more questions, In your opinion, after seeing the pic's I sent, should I be more focused on adding size or refining and losing some fat? I find myself a little confused as to what would be more beneficial... I know you like to keep your guys around 12% and I'm definitely not that low. Any insight? thanks

Rage
06-30-09, 11:35 am
Ok time for more questions, In your opinion, after seeing the pic's I sent, should I be more focused on adding size or refining and losing some fat? I find myself a little confused as to what would be more beneficial... I know you like to keep your guys around 12% and I'm definitely not that low. Any insight? thanks

Actually you have a pretty solid physique. If you could get your bf checked, that would be helpful so that we know for sure. I prefer hydrostatic, but would settle for a pinch test. Then I will have a better idea of how to start with you.

OklahomaMuscle
06-30-09, 12:02 pm
Actually you have a pretty solid physique. If you could get your bf checked, that would be helpful so that we know for sure. I prefer hydrostatic, but would settle for a pinch test. Then I will have a better idea of how to start with you.

will do, I don't know of a hydrostatic facility around here, but I can get a pinch test done. I will get it done and let you know, thanks again

fatbackgoal
06-30-09, 2:44 pm
Rage,

I was curious what pace you recommend for cardio sessions. Also I noticed you have no eggs in the precontest diet and was curious about this decision.

Thanks

odanfre
06-30-09, 3:28 pm
thanks for the advice!
and I really like the workouts
I'm really good at isolating muscles and I can really feel the burn of the 20 reps in all of the exercises, but I'm still a little confused about the neck press, what am I supposed to be working?
I was guessing biceps and shoulders so I was doing a wide grip.
is that right?

Q
06-30-09, 3:48 pm
Green veggies such as asparagus, lettuce, green peppers and cucumbers are perfect. You can back fill with them as much as you want.

Hey Rage, is this sound advice for anybody following your diet?

Little update on me... I wasn't the best down in Texas, but got all my workouts in. The morning after I got back (22nd) I jump on the scaled and was at 229. This morning I'm down at 219-220. Probably mostly water going from high salt (bbq and fast food), to not using much salt at all.

Rage
06-30-09, 4:42 pm
Rage,

I was curious what pace you recommend for cardio sessions. Also I noticed you have no eggs in the precontest diet and was curious about this decision.

Thanks

Beats per minute should be around 120. I prefer a more protein dense source like steak in the morning, but you can also sub 8 whole eggs.

thanks for the advice!
and I really like the workouts
I'm really good at isolating muscles and I can really feel the burn of the 20 reps in all of the exercises, but I'm still a little confused about the neck press, what am I supposed to be working?
I was guessing biceps and shoulders so I was doing a wide grip.
is that right?

Neck Press is great for upper chest development.

Hey Rage, is this sound advice for anybody following your diet?

Little update on me... I wasn't the best down in Texas, but got all my workouts in. The morning after I got back (22nd) I jump on the scaled and was at 229. This morning I'm down at 219-220. Probably mostly water going from high salt (bbq and fast food), to not using much salt at all.

At least you got your training in. Sounds like a drop in water to me. I like those veggie sources. Good filler food.

OklahomaMuscle
06-30-09, 10:52 pm

OK Rage I went this afternoon and got clipped. Trainer did a 3 point caliper pinch and came up with 15%. He did 3 pinches at each location and averaged them all, and got 15 as the %. I know it's not hydrostatic but it's what I got to work with. Hope this can give you a good idea as to where to go from here. Thanks big guy. Bodyweight is still holding steady at 250.

In Flames
06-30-09, 11:44 pm
Rage, for the mass training routine, why do you use such high reps? Is 6-8 more geared toward strength and not hypertrophy?

Firedrake
07-01-09, 1:49 am
will do, I don't know of a hydrostatic facility around here, but I can get a pinch test done. I will get it done and let you know, thanks again

OM -- Check with the local university or college and see if their sports department has the facilities. That's where I go. Hydrostatic testing is more accurate.

Rage
07-01-09, 9:19 am
OK Rage I went this afternoon and got clipped. Trainer did a 3 point caliper pinch and came up with 15%. He did 3 pinches at each location and averaged them all, and got 15 as the %. I know it's not hydrostatic but it's what I got to work with. Hope this can give you a good idea as to where to go from here. Thanks big guy. Bodyweight is still holding steady at 250.

That's about where I would have put you. Althoug a bit high, keep doing what your doing. When is your show?

Rage, for the mass training routine, why do you use such high reps? Is 6-8 more geared toward strength and not hypertrophy?

Most people need a rep range of 8-12 to make a difference in a set. That workout is a guideline and should be adjusted based upon experience. 10 is an average.

OM -- Check with the local university or college and see if their sports department has the facilities. That's where I go. Hydrostatic testing is more accurate.

Good point. From the pics I've seen, it sounds pretty accurate this go around.

OklahomaMuscle
07-01-09, 9:39 am
That's about where I would have put you. Althoug a bit high, keep doing what your doing. When is your show?

The show is next may/june. they have yet to announce the exact date. Usually it is the last weekend of May. I will just keep at it until you tell me other wise, Thanks Rage.

OklahomaMuscle
07-01-09, 9:40 am

I found out that OU has the facility, it's just a long wait to get in and I'm just ready to get started...I'm sure you can understand. It's also pretty expensive.

machineman
07-01-09, 12:15 pm
rage....weighed in yesterday after my vacation (9 days with no weight training) and tipped the scale at 244....I believe that puts me +1 pound from before I left....back at it this week...

Rage
07-01-09, 12:29 pm
The show is next may/june. they have yet to announce the exact date. Usually it is the last weekend of May. I will just keep at it until you tell me other wise, Thanks Rage.

I say throw your hat in for the cut in the contest. We have lots of time and some of the best gains can come right after a good cut. Then lets bulk you up and keep you around 12% or so. What do you think?

rage....weighed in yesterday after my vacation (9 days with no weight training) and tipped the scale at 244....I believe that puts me +1 pound from before I left....back at it this week...

No worries..life happens. We'll get you back on track.

OklahomaMuscle
07-01-09, 1:19 pm
I say throw your hat in for the cut in the contest. We have lots of time and some of the best gains can come right after a good cut. Then lets bulk you up and keep you around 12% or so. What do you think?

I think as sick and sadistic as it sounds...I'd hoped you'd say that!! I want to get diced and prove I am a freak under this doughboy exterior...

Mr. Dead
07-01-09, 1:19 pm
I think as sick and sadistic as it sounds...I'd hoped you'd say that!! I want to get diced and prove I am a freak under this doughboy exterior...

Which mortuary do you want me to send the flowers to...? *LOL*

OklahomaMuscle
07-01-09, 1:22 pm
Which mortuary do you want me to send the flowers to...? *LOL*

Guess that's what I get for saying I feel sorry for those cutting huh!!! thanks for the vote of confidence...haha

Mr. Dead
07-01-09, 1:23 pm
Guess that's what I get for saying I feel sorry for those cutting huh!!! thanks for the vote of confidence...haha

I've been through his cutting program... You WILL get results!!!

OklahomaMuscle
07-01-09, 1:27 pm
I've been through his cutting program... You WILL get results!!!

There are very few things guaranteed in life, but after watching you and others, I think this is as close to guaranteed results as I can get... I can assure you, there will be no lack of effort on my part...get shredded or die trying...

odanfre
07-01-09, 4:32 pm
alright and I got one final question
is it ok if I add an abdominal workout in my third day (which is the day off)
or should i just rest during that day?

Rage
07-01-09, 7:10 pm
alright and I got one final question
is it ok if I add an abdominal workout in my third day (which is the day off)
or should i just rest during that day?

I like to take that day completely off if possible. You can always hit abs on Day 1 and Day 4. It's a pretty good spread and your abs can handle it.

Big C
07-01-09, 7:14 pm
Yo Rage just was wondering what your typical bulk diet meals would look like and how many meals daily? And cheat meals per week?

Just wanna get a glimpse in case I am chosen for the contest. Thanks much bro.

Rage
07-01-09, 7:33 pm
Yo Rage just was wondering what your typical bulk diet meals would look like and how many meals daily? And cheat meals per week?

Just wanna get a glimpse in case I am chosen for the contest. Thanks much bro.

Good idea there Big C my brother...I'll post a general mass diet that works for most everyone and of course, it has to be adjusted based on the individual, but it gives you a good idea.

Rage
07-01-09, 7:48 pm
On the off-season this is typical eating routine I recommend Monday through Friday. I loosen it up on the weekends and cheat frequently. During the week, I will sometimes add additional carbs on one or two days when I feel like the body is not only craving but can handle it.

Meal #1
8 oz. Top Sirloin or 8 whole eggs and 1 cup of oatmeal
Meal #2
3 scoops Real Gains and 1 scoop Ultra Iso Whey
Meal #3
8 oz. chicken breast, 10 oz yam
Meal #4
3 scoops Real Gains and 1 scoop Ultra Iso Whey
Meal #5
8 oz. chicken breast, 10 oz yam
Meal #6
Dinner - flexible. Eat about 75 grams worth of protein and 75 grams of carbs. Keep the fat down and add a salad.

InkdMuscle
07-01-09, 7:51 pm
boss when u are bulking, would it be okay to incorporate cardio for like 20minx5 just to try to minimize the fat?